0C559938-22F2-49DD-9637-E08919F627FA (resized).jpeg
A80DB087-A3B3-4829-BA03-E495EB285CE0 (resized).jpeg
C8F9D11B-1904-45C3-96A3-736B6E21D628 (resized).jpeg
2118D8C9-8225-4536-BF13-0A417AD1A48A (resized).jpeg
2DD1C84C-730A-4C34-83AE-304EA4E5E7DB (resized).jpeg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
6DB75DBE-7CE6-4309-B9B6-45DF7C5FBB36 (resized).jpeg
E808DD4A-B13E-4FB2-B290-BBD51EE69138 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Imagine the call outs on a Deadpool pin! R-rated for sure

If they got Ryan Renolds to do custom callouts, can you even imagine? Just the tilt warnings alone man...

"OW! F--k me!"
"Stop shaking the GODD---N GAME!"
"Yeah, touch it there..."
"Maximum Effort!" (Easter egg, Only triggers on a double danger without tilt.)
"Oops, looks like you blew the whole load!"

1 year later
#124 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So is MBr and people are excited about that one too.

Past performance is not an indicator of future results.

Just remember how clunky that stupid black widow ramp is on Avengers.... and then just look at that shot through the orbit to the ramp. As many others have said, that game is going to have to be perfectly adjusted and perfectly level for that thing to work consistently. And IMHO, if it's one reject out of 25 clean shots, that's TOO MANY.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

1 out of 25? Its pinball, not a video game. You are rewarded for a clean shot to the lock ramp.

Say what you will, but there's PLENTY of games I've made over 25 shots to a ramp without a reject. FFS, on a LW3, I made 117 ramp shots...IN A ROW. Not kidding, and have multiple witnesses. STTNG, which is one of the most 'rejecty' side ramps of all time, I had so dialed in that getting Warp 9.9 was cake, but that one took a LOT of fiddling. Not something I'd want to repeat with a NIB? I've done 10+ in a row on Nu-Trek's side ramp, and that thing literally CLUNKS the ball down a few inches from your upper flipper...it's the antithesis of 'smooth'...but it works.

So yeah. 1 in 25 is too damn many, and the rent is too damn high on these new games.

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Kill screen coming up on LW3....

I died before it did, haha. It was happy to keep awarding ludicrous amounts of points, but I got bored.

1 week later
#183 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

What's the difference between a "reject" and a "miss"? How do you define a clean shot? One that should have been good? Like you, I looped the ST warp ramp from 1 to 9.1 once....ONCE. It doesn't mean that it rejected my 11th shot. It means I missed finally. I know where you're trying to go with this, but I don't think a shot is "clunky" if a clean shot rejects 4% of the time.

If you don't know the difference between having not made a clean shot or being rejected because of something that's just bad design or a faulty one way gate or things like that...you probably really haven't played enough pinball, or at least modern DMD or later pinball, and you certainly haven't ever fixed things like that on a game. I never EVER felt the Delta ramp on my STTNGs that I owned were 'clunky' but most people disagree with that? The difference is that I had the two STTNG that I owned tuned like a motherf...I literally spent hours tearing those games down, assembling, tearing it back down, moving the flipper alignments, etc until it WORKED, because it was a janky design that was prone to failure. But once dialed in? Doing those loops and orbits, getting 9.9 in one solid run is frickin' sweet. So who's right? Am I "cheating" by not wanting to play shoddily designed or maintained games? Nah. Are you entitiled to your opinion? Sure. Do I have to agree with it? 100% nope.

That cut-through shot on DP is going to be the same way, I practically guarantee that the metal lane guide will move at some point, it'll need to be re-positioned to make the shot reliable again. I'm not saying that will make it a BAD game, or even a BAD design, but it's a fact of pinball that THINGS BREAK, and I don't want to play a game on location that is prone to critical shots failing for any reason other than my own lack of skill. That's why I couldn't ever get into Avengers. The widow ramp shot was just a tiny bit too tight to be reasonable to shoot AND you were required to shoot it so many times to start Widow's vs. mode that it made the game unfun....well.....along with a lot of other things, but I could live with most of those. I can't live with a ramp across the middle of the playfield taunting me and sending back 70% of shots.

I wish I could go play it at local event today, but I'm at work. It'll have to wait, and I'll certainly report back once I get my hands on an actual game!

#204 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Right on both counts! Most of my pinball playing was done in the late 80's to mid 90's. Until I bought my machines I hadn't played a game made in the 2000's. And I've never fixed anything. Adjusting flippers and tweaking the Warp Ramp exit on ST are about the extent of my maintenance so far.
I'll have to see how it plays once I can finally get on one. From the video I've seen, it looks pretty good. We'll both have to wait and see!

I've been so busy I haven't even seen video of the game yet. I'm an embarrassment to pinball right now. lol. Maybe tomorrow sitting around being lazy with my wife we'll pull up the dead flip video lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-pinball-ahhhhim-touching-myself-tonight?tu=Frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.