0C559938-22F2-49DD-9637-E08919F627FA (resized).jpeg
A80DB087-A3B3-4829-BA03-E495EB285CE0 (resized).jpeg
C8F9D11B-1904-45C3-96A3-736B6E21D628 (resized).jpeg
2118D8C9-8225-4536-BF13-0A417AD1A48A (resized).jpeg
2DD1C84C-730A-4C34-83AE-304EA4E5E7DB (resized).jpeg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
6DB75DBE-7CE6-4309-B9B6-45DF7C5FBB36 (resized).jpeg
E808DD4A-B13E-4FB2-B290-BBD51EE69138 (resized).jpeg
There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 5 years ago

863244DA-5879-42CF-89DF-4CA03EAE2792 (resized).jpeg863244DA-5879-42CF-89DF-4CA03EAE2792 (resized).jpeg
I’m looking at the shooter lane and noticing two switches (besides the ejector switch).
Wondering if we’ll be able to do the “playfield vailidation” trick similar to GOT to make tricky shots or save time?
How many skill shots will be implemented?

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Except Ryan Reynolds was the driving force behind the movies (Actually a producer, not bullshit executive producer) ,,,, so "probably " would have been "cheap."
I wonder if he was even approached?
I still think the game looks awesome and I'm excited to play, possibly even purchase.

As this game has Nothing to do with the movies they Did go with the perfect actor and script writer. Ryan Reynolds would not have made any sense for the comic book/video game based game. They nailed the correct assets for this title.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Somehow I don’t think cost has a whole lot to do with it when it comes to Ryan Reynolds and Deadpool, he put a tonne of his own money into getting the first film made even went so far to “accidentally” leak the test footage he likely paid for.
And he repeated that again with Deadpool 2 the marketting and promotion he did for Deadpool 2 was done out of love for the character, think the guys obsessed with the character which has been awesome for us.
This release from Stern was comic book based so going with his regular non movie voice actor made sense and hopefully it’s more awesome for us because of it.

So we agree, except for the voice part.

I think comic theme with Reynolds voice would have been best of both glass over worlds.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As this game has Nothing to do with the movies they Did go with the perfect actor and script writer. Ryan Reynolds would not have made any sense for the comic book/video game based game. They nailed the correct assets for this title.

I think it would have made sense. But that's just me I guess.

#105 5 years ago

Just out of curiousity do you think people would be as excited without Zombie Yeti's artwork?

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Just out of curiousity do you think people would be as excited without Zombie Yeti's artwork?

If they had another artist of his caliber, or all original art by one of the comic book artists that draws DP, then sure. If it was cut and paste from comics and had a clip-art look to it, I think there’d be notably less excitement.

#107 5 years ago

I just feel everybody's pumped up because it looks so f$&king good,but it still a Gomez design.

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If they had another artist of his caliber, or all original art by one of the comic book artists that draws DP, then sure. If it was cut and paste from comics and had a clip-art look to it, I think there’d be notably less excitement.

Completely agree. Yes Frenchie would have worked also but doing a clip art take would never fly with this title. Getting a True comic artist was a spot on decision. Having seen the playfields in production they are honestly breathtaking. For this title I give Stern kudos for spending money in the right places to get the correct assets. Artist, actor, script, and seasoned pinball designer. Perfect stage for a successful theme and title. As long as you Remember this game has nothing to do with the Movies or the actors in it! This is a Comic book/video game spin which I think was a smart play.

#109 5 years ago

Not impressed. Looks good, but kinda empty playfield. Typical Stern game.

Love the sword ramp. Wish the whole playfield would get the attention like that. The whole pin looks great, but looking closely at the feautures... man they look so cheap... a bit of a shame.

Great grafix. Will be a fun pin i think.

#110 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

but it still a Gomez design.

So is MBr and people are excited about that one too.

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is true,but there’s The Avengers and Transformers.
Will wait and see,I hope it’s as great as it looks!

#112 5 years ago

I really like the Deadpool movies, but going the comic book route was absolutely the right decision. The artwork on this game is incredible. It's still the same character (comic book or movies) and I think that will show through in the script and delivery. Harry Potter books vs. Harry Potter movies. If you're a fan of one, you'll probably enjoy the other as well. It's just a different medium.

#113 5 years ago

I'm feeling jaded on pinball in general, but it still strikes me as funny that people look at this pin, and call it pedestrian or empty or filler or whatever. If this game had come out during the era of Stern Indiana Jones and Austin Powers, there would have been wet panties across the board.

Stern is good at what they do, and IMO doesn't have any real track record when they step outside of it. They have good people, that make good games, and they kind of keep a basic level of pinball well done. I think the money you have to pay to get it is ludicrous, and I won't do it, but criticize the price, don't take it out on the game.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

MB is same layout as AFM and MM that is Eddy design.

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm feeling jaded on pinball in general, but it still strikes me as funny that people look at this pin, and call it pedestrian or empty or filler or whatever. If this game had come out during the era of Stern Indiana Jones and Austin Powers, there would have been wet panties across the board.
Stern is good at what they do, and IMO doesn't have any real track record when they step outside of it. They have good people, that make good games, and they kind of keep a basic level of pinball well done. I think the money you have to pay to get it is ludicrous, and I won't do it, but criticize the price, don't take it out on the game.

They have good people for sure, some are brillant but certainly they have binding specifications both financially and for the time of conception dispatches that curb their creativity and a further development of their game. As you have been too about Alien.
I recognize they highly improved the artwork of their games thanks to some great external (?) people but I have always the feeling that they do the least possible, no interactive toy, cheap populated playfield, some plagiarism of other game playfields (gotg), playfield quality issues etc.
Met is the last Stern I bought, and still waiting for the next whole innovating Package of Stern.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

MB is same layout as AFM and MM that is Eddy design.

!? i see no reference there...
MB is MB, and from that point, gomez did Transformers, the lower half is the same, the upper half is mirrored

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Agreed, Stern is running the most successful pinball company in the world; love them or hate them guys.

Their formula is tightening now with the LCD, great artwork, creative programming, and accessible layouts...You cannot deny that ripping SW, IM, and now DeadPool back to back to back isn't impressive. The first 2 are excellent pins IMO, and Deadpool is a game that I will probably put a deposit down on.

Prices are getting higher, but the prices for older B/W games are downright insane now; why spend 4-5k on a NGG, when you can get an IM Pro or DP Pro for 1k more?

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986: Prices are getting higher, but the prices for older B/W games are downright insane now; why spend 4-5k on a NGG, when you can get an IM Pro or DP Pro for 1k more?

I heard from NPO the rising costs of BW’s are Stern’s fault. He says Stern raised prices first and that is the reason why $1600 T2’s 3-4 years ago are now $2600.

I think it is just new folks in the hobby and the “greed” among collectors asking, and getting, $200-$300 more for their T2’s in the marketplace.

#119 5 years ago

Does anyone have insight as to when these are going to start shipping?

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Does anyone have insight as to when these are going to start shipping?

As of our Stern Tour on Wednesday they were already putting them in boxes and the line was at full steam. My Guess is after the official announce launch party this coming Wednesday these will be rolling to homes/businesses near you! Dam sexy looking machine I might add!

#121 5 years ago

Already shipping. The uk ones are supposedly already on a ship on their way.

#122 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

As of our Stern Tour on Wednesday they were already putting them in boxes and the line was at full steam. My Guess is after the official announce launch party this coming Wednesday these will be rolling to homes/businesses near you! Dam sexy looking machine I might add!

How it is possible that it ships that quick boggles my mind.

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

How it is possible that it ships that quick boggles my mind.

Stern’s unfathomable policy of not announcing a game until it’s ready to ship may have something to do with it! You’d almost think that they value sales over months of hype and lengthy preorders that get canceled when the next big thing drops ...

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Past performance is not an indicator of future results.

Just remember how clunky that stupid black widow ramp is on Avengers.... and then just look at that shot through the orbit to the ramp. As many others have said, that game is going to have to be perfectly adjusted and perfectly level for that thing to work consistently. And IMHO, if it's one reject out of 25 clean shots, that's TOO MANY.

#125 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Just remember how clunky that stupid black widow ramp is on Avengers.... and then just look at that shot through the orbit to the ramp. As many others have said, that game is going to have to be perfectly adjusted and perfectly level for that thing to work consistently. And IMHO, if it's one reject out of 25 clean shots, that's TOO MANY.

debbie-downer (resized).jpgdebbie-downer (resized).jpg
#126 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

1 out of 25? Its pinball, not a video game. You are rewarded for a clean shot to the lock ramp.

#127 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

1 out of 25? Its pinball, not a video game. You are rewarded for a clean shot to the lock ramp.

Say what you will, but there's PLENTY of games I've made over 25 shots to a ramp without a reject. FFS, on a LW3, I made 117 ramp shots...IN A ROW. Not kidding, and have multiple witnesses. STTNG, which is one of the most 'rejecty' side ramps of all time, I had so dialed in that getting Warp 9.9 was cake, but that one took a LOT of fiddling. Not something I'd want to repeat with a NIB? I've done 10+ in a row on Nu-Trek's side ramp, and that thing literally CLUNKS the ball down a few inches from your upper flipper...it's the antithesis of 'smooth'...but it works.

So yeah. 1 in 25 is too damn many, and the rent is too damn high on these new games.

#128 5 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

Not impressed. Looks good, but kinda empty playfield. Typical Stern game.
Love the sword ramp. Wish the whole playfield would get the attention like that. The whole pin looks great, but looking closely at the feautures... man they look so cheap... a bit of a shame.
Great grafix. Will be a fun pin i think.

Hmm, I'm ok with the design and lack of toys. However, (I know it's blasphemous to say this) I'm not crazy about the busy artwork.

#129 5 years ago

Boom!

#131 5 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I just feel everybody's pumped up because it looks so f$&king good,but it still a Gomez design.

Understood, but at the same time Gomez always tries to do something new and inventive. An example would be the implemention of QR codes with Transformers. FE602DE2-1398-4DA8-9415-DA6E718A7F01 (resized).jpegFE602DE2-1398-4DA8-9415-DA6E718A7F01 (resized).jpeg
I’m hoping with DP there could be programming for cell phone interactions on the 16 or 8 bit screen. I noticed a few characters on the bottom (ie Domino or Wolverine). Are those character faces for just display or will there be a feature for others to play them or something? B626B460-C91D-4398-8BE2-F6ABA4FD58B8 (resized).jpegB626B460-C91D-4398-8BE2-F6ABA4FD58B8 (resized).jpeg

#132 5 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Understood, but at the same time Gomez always tries to do something new and inventive. An example would be the implemention of QR codes with Transformers. [quoted image]
I’m hoping with DP there could be programming for cell phone interactions on the 16 or 8 bit screen. I noticed a few characters on the bottom (ie Domino or Wolverine). Are those character faces for just display or will there be a feature for others to play them or something? [quoted image]

It's not for others to play, but you qualify "team ups" with the xmen to battle with you.

#133 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

on a LW3, I made 117 ramp shots...IN A ROW. Not kidding, and have multiple witnesses

Kill screen coming up on LW3....

#134 5 years ago
Quoted from Zavadoza:

qualify "team ups" with the xmen to battle with you.

This sounds cool. Is it similar to XMN when Deadpool comes to help you finish villain modes?

#135 5 years ago

DP ball save image and sounds are winning! 66BAF9BC-A30C-4CF9-A400-ADA8DC8A55AD (resized).jpeg66BAF9BC-A30C-4CF9-A400-ADA8DC8A55AD (resized).jpeg41473604-84EB-4BD0-8734-8DEDF437897F (resized).jpeg41473604-84EB-4BD0-8734-8DEDF437897F (resized).jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmTTAQpgHkU/?hl=en

#136 5 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Kill screen coming up on LW3....

I died before it did, haha. It was happy to keep awarding ludicrous amounts of points, but I got bored.

#137 5 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

DP ball save image and sounds are winning! [quoted image][quoted image]
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmTTAQpgHkU/?hl=en

Haha that’s awesome, so far I’m loving the 16bit graphics but I’m most excited to see hi-res Deadpool break the 4th wall.

#138 5 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

DP ball save image and sounds are winning

A “double danger” notice better get a “maximum effort!!!!” call out and cool animation.

#139 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Say what you will, but there's PLENTY of games I've made over 25 shots to a ramp without a reject. FFS, on a LW3, I made 117 ramp shots...IN A ROW. Not kidding, and have multiple witnesses. STTNG, which is one of the most 'rejecty' side ramps of all time, I had so dialed in that getting Warp 9.9 was cake, but that one took a LOT of fiddling. Not something I'd want to repeat with a NIB? I've done 10+ in a row on Nu-Trek's side ramp, and that thing literally CLUNKS the ball down a few inches from your upper flipper...it's the antithesis of 'smooth'...but it works.
So yeah. 1 in 25 is too damn many, and the rent is too damn high on these new games.

What's the difference between a "reject" and a "miss"? How do you define a clean shot? One that should have been good? Like you, I looped the ST warp ramp from 1 to 9.1 once....ONCE. It doesn't mean that it rejected my 11th shot. It means I missed finally. I know where you're trying to go with this, but I don't think a shot is "clunky" if a clean shot rejects 4% of the time.

#140 5 years ago

I know Cable is an old dude, but man I wish he was given a little less of a Frankenstein depiction on the left side of the apron.
Such a great character in the comics and movie. 82116644-C5E3-43DA-8A05-8C5E61965B2A (resized).jpeg82116644-C5E3-43DA-8A05-8C5E61965B2A (resized).jpeg6EFB671D-CC18-4807-9A7E-51744EB34E94 (resized).jpeg6EFB671D-CC18-4807-9A7E-51744EB34E94 (resized).jpeg

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

I know Cable is an old dude, but man I wish he was given a little less of a Frankenstein depiction on the left side of the apron.
Such a great character in the comics and movie. [quoted image][quoted image]

I really like the Cable/Kano from Mortal Kombat mash up Zombie Yeti has done with Cable in the game he looks badass!

#142 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I really like the Cable/Kano from Mortal Kombat mash up Zombie Yeti has done with Cable in the game he looks badass!

I haven't followed the comics in years, but I found a few google images of Cable with the "Terminator face" so maybe that's his look in the comics these days?

#143 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I haven't followed the comics in years, but I found a few google images of Cable with the "Terminator face" so maybe that's his look in the comics these days?

Terminator, that’s a good call, I watched MK Legacy recently which is probably why I thought of Kano instantly, but it’s definitly s Terminator tip off either way I like the robotic face/eye ZY yet with on the art it looks great!

#144 5 years ago

More MAXIMUM EFFORT DeadPool screen shots! Looking better each day.
5A11506F-7D90-4C38-B762-5B9E48507733 (resized).jpeg5A11506F-7D90-4C38-B762-5B9E48507733 (resized).jpeg8DF4AF39-8EFB-44FF-B742-BFCE25422625 (resized).jpeg8DF4AF39-8EFB-44FF-B742-BFCE25422625 (resized).jpegA466C76C-1BDF-43E7-B2F2-80C207745771 (resized).jpegA466C76C-1BDF-43E7-B2F2-80C207745771 (resized).jpeg
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bmekrf-gFlK/?hl=en

#145 5 years ago

OK Bravo to Stern for knowing how to properly tease out a game release. I so want this NOW! lol The video drops are awesome.

#146 5 years ago

The best part about Stern releases is that the game ships *now*, not 1-5 years from now.

Can't wait for the DeadFlip stream tonight!

#147 5 years ago

Can’t wait to hear the tunes that go with the DP machine. Assumming this is the tape that goes with the premiums. E808DD4A-B13E-4FB2-B290-BBD51EE69138 (resized).jpegE808DD4A-B13E-4FB2-B290-BBD51EE69138 (resized).jpeg

#148 5 years ago

Video images are looking like a crazy, funny, adventure in DeadPool fashion.
6DB75DBE-7CE6-4309-B9B6-45DF7C5FBB36 (resized).jpeg6DB75DBE-7CE6-4309-B9B6-45DF7C5FBB36 (resized).jpeg

#149 5 years ago

Does anyone have hires photos of the premium cabinet?

#150 5 years ago

Kind of amazed by how little talk there is about the title across the various threads, now that it's been streamed and fully revealed. Maiden was an absolute sea of posts ... so was GotG, even if a lot of it was negative.

I didn't particularly like what I saw. Super long Gomez ball times (much more than BM66 / MB / LotR by the look of it). Childish, irritating voice overs and Deadpool bash. Really bare bones rule set - some super easy to get and very lucrative multiballs, and a few boss fight style modes. Didn't really seem to be much if any decision making and little risk vs reward. Seems like Maiden and Rick Naegele on code, with Elwin helping on rules was absolutely the exception in terms of depth and completion at launch.

Still like cabinet art much better than the playfield. LCD is definitely a step up for Stern, though it needs to be fleshed out quite a lot - what's there is good, but there isn't very much of it.

Love the half orbit into ramp shot. That looks awesome. Just a shame it looks like you don't really have to work at or think about any of the shots or objectives. Also, the shot to the immediate left of the mode start scoop / saucer seems to reject at least 80% of the time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-pinball-ahhhhim-touching-myself-tonight/page/3?hl=jason_jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.