0C559938-22F2-49DD-9637-E08919F627FA (resized).jpeg
A80DB087-A3B3-4829-BA03-E495EB285CE0 (resized).jpeg
C8F9D11B-1904-45C3-96A3-736B6E21D628 (resized).jpeg
2118D8C9-8225-4536-BF13-0A417AD1A48A (resized).jpeg
2DD1C84C-730A-4C34-83AE-304EA4E5E7DB (resized).jpeg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
6DB75DBE-7CE6-4309-B9B6-45DF7C5FBB36 (resized).jpeg
E808DD4A-B13E-4FB2-B290-BBD51EE69138 (resized).jpeg
There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 5 years ago

Wondering if DP is going to be at the Pinball Lounge, Exhibit Hall, or not at all? One could only hope. 56BAC106-CEE2-4874-BD7C-80EBE7DFC981 (resized).png56BAC106-CEE2-4874-BD7C-80EBE7DFC981 (resized).png

2 weeks later
#53 5 years ago

Looking forward to the news this month.
Here are a list of promos from the Deadpool 2 movie to hype things up.
https://www.theverge.com/tldr/2018/5/18/17365998/deadpool-2-marketing-stunts-deadpool-x-david-beckham-forever
7381B971-C693-4066-8E4B-0F2FEC494D4F (resized).jpeg7381B971-C693-4066-8E4B-0F2FEC494D4F (resized).jpeg

#54 5 years ago

#55 5 years ago

Hold up a minute....Does anyone see the throwing star near the red post rubbers? Does the throwing star look like it could hold pinballs inbetween the sharp protrusions? Kind of like a spinning ball lock?
1FEA627F-EA7F-4D6F-9749-06D3C8074991 (resized).jpeg1FEA627F-EA7F-4D6F-9749-06D3C8074991 (resized).jpeg

#56 5 years ago

TAN GENIAL!

CA1995ED-CC3E-45ED-9F5C-0FEF49980302 (resized).jpegCA1995ED-CC3E-45ED-9F5C-0FEF49980302 (resized).jpeg

#57 5 years ago

"Filler title" my butt!

#58 5 years ago

So both LE and Premium translites are pretty much the same? Really....hoping this will change. I wonder why this is? Everything is looking awesome. I laughed at the side blade quite where DP is holding a chimichanga. Too Funny!

#59 5 years ago

There are art blade pics? Is that in another new thread?

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

"Filler title" my butt!

When you see what's in Munsters this fall, revisit this thread with a comment. lol

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

There are art blade pics?

Funny stuff.
B85FFED8-3A23-485F-AEDA-B38F2A6C475B (resized).jpegB85FFED8-3A23-485F-AEDA-B38F2A6C475B (resized).jpeg

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

When you see what's in Munsters this fall, revisit this thread with a comment. lol

MN.... tell us what you know. My wallet is listening.

#63 5 years ago

Meh. Disappointed.
The voice acting will suck (IE no Ryan R... as why would they pay for him)
Another "hulk smash" feminine voice in a game for sure.
Oh; and don't even get me started on yet another title with a lockdown bar button.

Churn out another title Stern... its' obviously working well for you.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Meh. Disappointed.
Oh; and don't even get me started on yet another title with a lockdown bar button.

Man you are incredibly negative. I bet the voice acting is better than you think. This guy is pretty funny.

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Man you are incredibly negative.

As is my right... The theme / presentation as shown so far is very meh. Nothing to be positive about, IMHO.
Stern has done nothing but disappoint me lately. They just phone it in every title.
So I can't voice my opinion about sterns latest... money grab?

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Since "filler" means inbetween and DP doesn't look worse then Maiden (and in my book better then Guardians plastic ramps) your argument is allready invalid.

Doesn't say anything about Munsters, but as long an there is a pro edition "what's in it" mechwise will be sparse.

I kinda like BM66 for thatm that it doesn't seem compromised and has a real huge mech.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Meh. Disappointed.

Nolan North has been voicing Deadpool as well as multiple other Marvel characters for quite a while in animated shows and video games, he has even done a pin previous providing the voice over for ZEN pinballs Deadpool pinball.

I’m pretty confident he will nail the callouts for the game, the ZEN studio callouts and taunts are delivered by him to perfection.

I’ll admit I did like it when the lock button was a unique feature to a game but it seems Stern have made it fairly standard now, which when you think about it ain’t really a bad thing it’s another feature and interaction with the game.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

As is my right... The theme / presentation as shown so far is very meh. Nothing to be positive about, IMHO.
Stern has done nothing but disappoint me lately. They just phone it in every title.

So I guess we’ll look to HOOKED for popbumper caps on this one...

#69 5 years ago

Some people are never happy if they would have did it off the movie it would have lacked creativity ad also probably wouldn’t have had Ryan Reynolds doing the voices either; if you are a true DEADPOOL fan the you would be super happy with who they got to do the voices, but hey some people are just not positive minded and can’t see the genius of the Deadpool comic book style

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

So I guess we’ll look to HOOKED for popbumper caps on this one...

As soon as I saw the pop caps on this game I was thinking instantly of HOOKED doing some awesome pop caps like his TRON and TWD ones.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

As soon as I saw the pop caps on this game I was thinking instantly of HOOKED doing some awesome pop caps like his TRON and TWD ones.

Yeah and Zitt did some amazing ones for ST back when he used to like pinball. Lol.

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Yeah and Zitt did some amazing ones for ST back when he used to like pinball. Lol.

I have Zitts pop caps for my STLE they are one of my favourite mods, tried getting him to make more cap mods for other games but to no avail

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Some people are never happy if they would have did it off the movie it would have lacked creativity ad also probably wouldn’t have had Ryan Reynolds doing the voices either; if you are a true DEADPOOL fan the you would be super happy with who they got to do the voices, but hey some people are just not positive minded and can’t see the genius of the Deadpool comic book style

Oooooh Im positive..... positive Im passing on DP and waiting for Munsters.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Not liking what you see Hoby? I am actually the opposite thought I’d pass on Deadpool now after seeing it and the shots really digging it!

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Not liking what you see Hoby? I am actually the opposite thought I’d pass on Deadpool now after seeing it and the shots really digging it!

One thing that concerns me is the layout. The orbit ramp shot specifically...... just like IMDN but worst. That better be one strong left flipper.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

One thing that concerns me is the layout. The orbit ramp shot specifically...... just like IMDN but worst. That better be one strong left flipper.

I thought you might say that, as it’s the one thing that concerns me, on Avengers the BW ramp is a disaster until you dial it in then it’s a satafiying shot, luckily it’s mainly plastics and rubber pads that cause the problem so easily fixable with some time and trial and error.

But this one looks to rely purely on how it’s assembled, if the orbit and ramp don’t line up correct then a nice shot into the orbit could hit the ramp sides and clunk the shot, on the other hand if this works as designed it will be one hell of s shot!

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Didn’t we as a community ask for non cookie cutter layouts; I’ve talked to two different people that have played Deadpool so far and they both said it shoots amazingly good and even a better shooter then Iron Maiden and they said the rules kick ass as well on Deadpool; they also said in real life the art is the best stern has ever done as well

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Didn’t we as a community ask for non cookie cutter layouts; I’ve talked to two different people that have played Deadpool so far and they both said it shoots amazingly good and even a better shooter then Iron Maiden and they said the rules kick ass as well on Deadpool; they also said in real life the art is the best stern has ever done as well

This all sounds like hyperbole yet I believe it. I’ve been staring at the shots in amazement for a day and half and I just keep getting more excited. It’s ALREADY ad nauseum- as long as the R orbit ramp lock thing works and balls don’t get stuck behind bashpool drops then how will this be anything but a blast to shoot!?

Maiden release for me was relief “cool, a great looking new game!”

Deadpool for me so far from pics and reading is: “holy crap, did they really make something that makes me feel ok w spending $9k on a frivolous LE!?”

#79 5 years ago

The premium side Cabinet is so inviting with that blue tone.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Are we looking at different games?

GOTG is super fun and the art is fantastic.

Iron Maiden is unique and a LOT of fun to play.

Deadpool has amazing comic art, the LCD art looks fantastic, and the features on the playfield are great. Nolan North knows how to voice deadpool and a ton of other characters. His voice work is going to be a real asset to the game I think.

Stern is absolutely knocking it out of the park right now.

Some videos with Nolan:

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

The premium side Cabinet is so inviting with that blue tone.

I cannot decide between Prem and LE cabinet art both are awesome!

Prem - Megladon
LE - T Rex

How is a guy supposed to choose between a giant shark and a dinosaur!? It’s an impossible decision.

#82 5 years ago

Damn!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#83 5 years ago

Posehn is Fckng FUNNY! Such an underrated comic.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

Posehn is Fckng FUNNY! Such an underrated comic.

100%!

This game just got even better! Can't wait to see the reveal on the 15th!!!

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

100%!
This game just got even better! Can't wait to see the reveal on the 15th!!!

MAXIMUM EFFORT for sure by Stern. Stoked on this news!
68D76D22-F04F-4900-8DE5-23AC2684E3F2.gif68D76D22-F04F-4900-8DE5-23AC2684E3F2.gif

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

No one said you weren't allowed to voice your opinion -- they're just disagreeing with you. That said, allow me to join in on the disagreeing:

If you're dissatisfied with the voice talent on this game, it's hard to imagine what would make you happy. The guy they hired is one of the most famous voice actors in the world, has done universally well-received work in the Uncharted video games, and sounds pretty darn good as Deadpool in other projects. But you're pissed that Stern didn't hire Ryan Reynolds, who is probably making $20m a movie now? Unless you stumble on a Keith Urban who happens to love pinball and will do recording sessions for far less than market rate, it's just not realistic to expect any pinball company to be hiring Hollywood A-listers to do voice work.

Also, tell me you don't think it's awesome that they hired a legitimate comic to write the script -- I cannot wait to hear the callouts now. [EDIT: He also apparently wrote for a long run on the Deadpool comic, so he's very familiar with the character. Badass!]

I know opinions differ on the SW lockdown bar button, but from where I'm standing it's actually a great addition. Hopefully they'll think of fun ways to use it in Deadpool, seems like a perfect opportunity for the Deadpool character to harass the player with off-color callouts.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Damn![quoted image]

Oh hell yeah this game just got even better!!

Now my only question left, is this game going to be R rated or at least have the option?

BCCB44ED-61C1-4B0F-B612-F9A20ADAB975.gifBCCB44ED-61C1-4B0F-B612-F9A20ADAB975.gif
#88 5 years ago

Great interview from Gomez regarding DP.
0BE1886C-F93A-4553-9F97-56E926D2BEE7 (resized).png0BE1886C-F93A-4553-9F97-56E926D2BEE7 (resized).png

https://www.marvel.com/articles/digital-series/behind-the-scenes-of-the-deadpool-pinball-machine

#89 5 years ago

Does anyone notice the playfield drawings behind George?

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Does anyone notice the playfield drawings behind George?

Yeah it looks like the major shots of the game mapped out, i think?

#91 5 years ago

What’s the function of the Chimichanga truck. It’s up on the to right corner.
Looks awesome and seems to have been in the white wood as well.
CF191A97-4FD4-4A2B-B719-671135967F47 (resized).jpegCF191A97-4FD4-4A2B-B719-671135967F47 (resized).jpeg

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

What’s the function of the Chimichanga truck. It’s up on the to right corner.
Looks awesome and seems to have been in the white wood as well.
[quoted image]

I think it’s for decoration only.

#93 5 years ago

Has anyone noticed the pricing of these DP machines on Pinside Marketplace? Is this a new procedure to level the playfield for distributors? What's going on?

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from LoveNeverDiesGuy:

Has anyone noticed the pricing of these DP machines on Pinside Marketplace? Is this a new procedure to level the playfield for distributors? What's going on?

Yep

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I cannot decide between Prem and LE cabinet art both are awesome!

Prem - Megladon
LE - T Rex

How is a guy supposed to choose between a giant shark and a dinosaur!? It’s an impossible decision.

I ultimately went with the T-Rex but I'm having second thoughts. That Megladon art package looks phenomenal. I wonder how well the mirrored effect enhances the translight artwork...that might be a big factor on whether I stay with the LE or switch to a premium. Just up in the air.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I ultimately went with the T-Rex but I'm having second thoughts. That Megladon art package looks phenomenal. I wonder how well the mirrored effect enhances the translight artwork...that might be a big factor on whether I stay with the LE or switch to a premium. Just up in the air.

Considering passing on T-Rex when you have the means!? Blasphemy! Allow the T-Rex to snatch you out of this so called air you’re up in.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Deadpool, the Munsters..as much chance given to me to save money. Thanks

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Deadpool, the Munsters..as much chance given to me to save money. Thanks

I’m the exact opposite, I thought Deadpool, Munsters, Beatles would give me plenty of time to save up for the next game that might interest me.

But Deadpool took me by surprise I’m more excited for this release than any pin release in a long time.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

But you're pissed that Stern didn't hire Ryan Reynolds, who is probably making $20m a movie now? Unless you stumble on a Keith Urban who happens to love pinball and will do recording sessions for far less than market rate, it's just not realistic to expect any pinball company to be hiring Hollywood A-listers to do voice work.

Except Ryan Reynolds was the driving force behind the movies (Actually a producer, not bullshit executive producer) ,,,, so "probably " would have been "cheap."

I wonder if he was even approached?

I still think the game looks awesome and I'm excited to play, possibly even purchase.

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Except Ryan Reynolds was the driving force behind the movies (Actually a producer, not bullshit executive producer) ,,,, so "probably " would have been "cheap."
I wonder if he was even approached?

Somehow I don’t think cost has a whole lot to do with it when it comes to Ryan Reynolds and Deadpool, he put a tonne of his own money into getting the first film made even went so far to “accidentally” leak the test footage he likely paid for.

And he repeated that again with Deadpool 2 the marketting and promotion he did for Deadpool 2 was done out of love for the character, think the guys obsessed with the character which has been awesome for us.

This release from Stern was comic book based so going with his regular non movie voice actor made sense and hopefully it’s more awesome for us because of it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 222 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-pinball-ahhhhim-touching-myself-tonight/page/2?hl=cocomonkeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.