DP-Pro-Details-22 (resized).jpg
DP-Pro-Details-27 (resized).jpg
DP-Pro-Details-03 (resized).jpg
DP-Pro-Details-10 (resized).jpg
DP-Pro-Details-30 (resized).jpg
DP-Pro-Details-29 (resized).jpg
DP-Pro-Details-17 (resized).jpg
DP-Pro-Details-15 (resized).jpg

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

Here are the pics just released! http://pinballpro.net/deadpool-pinball-machine-just-announced/

Thought people might appreciate all of the pics

Greg M
Pinballpro.com
deadpoolle (resized).pngdeadpoolle (resized).pngdeadpoolprem (resized).pngdeadpoolprem (resized).pngdeadpoolpro (resized).pngdeadpoolpro (resized).png

#3 5 years ago
DP-LE-Playfield-01a-2 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Playfield-01a-2 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Playfield-01a-2 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Playfield-01a-2 (resized).jpg
#4 5 years ago
DP-LE-Details-01 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-01 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-02 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-02 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-04 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-04 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-05 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-05 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-06 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-06 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-07 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-07 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-08 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-08 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-09 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-09 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-10 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-10 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-11 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-11 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-12 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-12 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-13 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-13 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-14 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-14 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-15 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-15 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-17 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-17 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-19 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-19 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-20 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-20 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-22 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-22 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-23 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-23 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-25 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-25 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-30 (resized).jpgDP-LE-Details-30 (resized).jpg
#5 5 years ago

This isn't the 5th Deadpool thread we wanted, it's the 5th Deadpool thread we needed!

#6 5 years ago
DP-Pro-Details-01 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-01 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-02 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-02 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-03 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-03 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-04 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-04 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-05 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-05 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-06 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-06 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-07 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-07 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-08 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-08 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-09 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-09 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-10 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-10 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-11 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-11 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-12 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-12 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-13 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-13 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-14 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-14 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-15 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-15 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-16 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-16 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-17 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-17 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-18 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-18 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-19 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-19 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-20 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-20 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-21 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-21 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-22 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-22 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-23 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-23 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-24 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-24 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-25 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-25 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-26 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-26 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-27 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-27 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-28 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-28 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-29 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-29 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-30 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-30 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-31 (resized).jpgDP-Pro-Details-31 (resized).jpg
#7 5 years ago

My bad, just thought people might appreciate all of the photos in an easy to find place.

Quoted from Yoko2una:

This isn't the 5th Deadpool thread we wanted, it's the 5th Deadpool thread we needed!

My thought exactly, this is what we have been waiting for, pics!

#8 5 years ago

WHY IS EVERYONE SCREAMING
HOW IS IT SO LOUD IN HERE

#9 5 years ago

WOW, have to be a contender for the most colorful game ever!

#10 5 years ago

LE looks like a Christmas Tree. Layout looks fun, but needs rethemed to something better. Pro is definitely the way to go. I'm sure music is terrible.
There. I think I covered it all.

#11 5 years ago

What a great art package. Game looks very cool. They may be on a roll. katana's crossed.

#12 5 years ago

I just wet myself a little.

#13 5 years ago

Art is awesome!!!
The layout reminds of black rose a bit.

#14 5 years ago

This game looks great and I love everything on the LE.

This will look nice sitting next to my IMLE.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Art is awesome!!!
The layout reminds of black rose a bit.

Just as I was enjoying the Avengers I just got, they go ahead retheme it.

#16 5 years ago

Red my favor color, and i like it.

#17 5 years ago

Thank you for compiling this in one easy place!

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Agreed. And this game looks amazing!!

#19 5 years ago

I'm not a Deadpool fan but this certainly looks pretty damn cool. Way to step up your game Stern after that last piece of crap you released!

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

I'm not a Deadpool fan but this certainly looks pretty damn cool. Way to step up your game Stern after that last piece of crap you released!

Stern released 3 awesome games since Aerosmith you know.

#21 5 years ago

Like Iron Maiden, I like the pro art package the best. In your face and to the point. My thanks to Zombie for another great looking trio of pinball artwork. Thanks for keeping him very McGuinessy!!!

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Stern released 3 awesome games since Aerosmith you know.

I didn't hate Guardians of the Galaxy but the other two Star Wars & Iron Maiden I was very disappointed in both.....and if they were descent or nice playing pins I would have gone LE on both! They aren't even close! And it's not code....the games were average at best! IMO Iron Maiden was the biggest waste of a license in the pinball genre! They could have done so much more with that pinball machine...take it from me a Die Hard Iron Maiden fan!

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

I didn't hate Guardians of the Galaxy but the other two Star Wars & Iron Maiden I was very disappointed in both.....and if they were descent or nice playing pins I would have gone LE on both! They aren't even close! And it's not code....the games were average at best! IMO Iron Maiden was the biggest waste of a license in the pinball genre! They could have done so much more with that pinball machine...take it from me a Die Hard Iron Maiden fan!

You are in an extreme minority on that seemingly. More power to you! To each their own!

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

That would be pinballnews.com , they have'em all!

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

It's fine to hate a popular pin, but if you're objective about it, you must realize you're dead wrong on some level. Everyone I know and most people on here have been blown away by Iron Maiden. To say that Elwin's heart-and-soul design is a "waste" and "average at best" is just plain silly. Clearly you're missing something about the pin.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 5 years ago

I would buy for the artwork alone. Not sure how I feel about the bobblehead. But don't know what else they could have put there. I would have liked to have seen a small black widow image somewhere, for no other reason than she's hot. I wonder if you could style flippers to look like wolverines claws? a 3 piece slight curve flipper. 3 pieces being blades on top of each other. I don't think thats been done before. Other than that, I have not played so can just critique from pictures and video.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Chicoman:

As a big Iron Maiden fan myself - I'm not sure how someone who likes Iron Maiden wouldn't like this game? Hating their music is about the only compliant I've read of...

Everyone I know loves the game - best Stern in years imo. Sucks for you that you can't enjoy it.

Not to take anything away from Deadpool, I'm loving what I see so far here too. If not RR, this voice choice seems next best and wayyyyyy above how bad it could be.
I'm wondering about the rest of the character voices here though...

I honestly think I like the bobble head a lot, it's a similar mech to the well walker in TWD, but looks more interactive and fun to bash with all the bobbling, LOL.

#28 5 years ago

After some consideration, my takeaway from Deadpool:

GOOD
- The art package, while a bit too busy for my tastes, looks great. The cab for the LE looks killer. It's nice to see a little more blue on that one. I like red, but I don't paint my walls that colour.
- Stern is now forced to include drops with the pro, which is awesome. The pro looks to only be missing a lock device and side drops. The lock device looks far less important than IM's sarcophagus lock.
- The bobblehead, while not the greatest, is at least a toy.
- The sword ramp entrance and design is really cool.
- Metal ramps are cool and included in the pro. I can't see almost any reason to buy the Prem. or LE here. Reminds me of MET.
- Lit up modes(?) at the rear of the PF are great. Reminds me of system 11 games like WW and PF.

BAD
- We're back to the old Stern method of taking old ideas and recycling them.
------------> The bash toy to the right is a sparky avatar/spiderman mix.
------------> Stern refuses to use sewers, one of my favourite designs in pinball. Potholes are stupid, straight up.
------------> The sword, while cool, is from LOTR
------------> Looks to be plunge to bumper lanes... SKILLshot... *Yawn*

Code will likely make or break this game, as it always does with Stern's recycling strategy. This could turn out to be a good one, seeing that the theme is less personal than a music theme for most people. That lock ramp looks like fun geometry. Aside from that, my take is that our only hope for groundbreaking innovation in design at Stern is going to come from Keith Elwin. The rest of the crew looks to be repeating what we've grown to expect from Stern.

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

After some consideration, my takeaway from Deadpool:
GOOD
- The art package, while a bit too busy for my tastes, looks great. The cab for the LE looks killer. It's nice to see a little more blue on that one. I like red, but I don't paint my walls that colour.
- Stern is now forced to include drops with the pro, which is awesome. The pro looks to only be missing a lock device and side drops. The lock device looks far less important than IM's sarcophagus lock.
- The bobblehead, while not the greatest, is at least a toy.
- The sword ramp entrance and design is really cool.
- Metal ramps are cool and included in the pro. I can't see almost any reason to buy the Prem. or LE here. Reminds me of MET.
- Lit up modes(?) at the rear of the PF are great. Reminds me of system 11 games like WW and PF.
BAD
- We're back to the old Stern method of taking old ideas and recycling them.
------------> The bash toy to the right is a sparky avatar/spiderman mix.
------------> Stern refuses to use sewers, one of my favourite designs in pinball. Potholes are stupid, straight up.
------------> The sword, while cool, is from LOTR
------------> Looks to be plunge to bumper lanes... SKILLshot... *Yawn*
Code will likely make or break this game, as it always does with Stern's recycling strategy. This could turn out to be a good one, seeing that the theme is less personal than a music theme for most people. That lock ramp looks like fun geometry. Aside from that, my take is that our only hope for groundbreaking innovation in design at Stern is going to come from Keith Elwin. The rest of the crew looks to be repeating what we've grown to expect from Stern.

Wow...a few mistakes here.

The Premium has the blue in it, not the LE.
How is Stern "forced" into including drops in the Pro? The toy dictated the design. Many pros have drops, like Star Trek and GB.
The lock device is the same on the Pro as it is in the Premium/LE. Are you confusing this with the actuated up/down ramp?
You're forgetting the 2 b-directional gates and motorized disco ball. These all work together with the actuated up/down ramp to make a mode that isn't in the Pro.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Wow...a few mistakes here.
The Premium has the blue in it, not the LE.
How is Stern "forced" into including drops in the Pro? The toy dictated the design. Many pros have drops, like Star Trek and GB.
The lock device is the same on the Pro as it is in the Premium/LE. Are you confusing this with the actuated up/down ramp?
You're forgetting the 2 b-directional gates and motorized disco ball. These all work together with the actuated up/down ramp to make a mode that isn't in the Pro.

I'm glad you're "wowed" by an internet person mixing up the prem and the LE on a new pin. Can you teach me, oh wise one, the ways of getting excited? My life seems drab by comparison.

Stern is "influenced," often stated as forced, as in forced hand, by compeition like JJP and other companies that are not so cheap. Most pros do not have drops, and Stern has been criticised by many, myself included, as being a company that cuts costs beyond what they should.

I rewatched the video and can see the lock would be the same on the sword ramp, but I was referring to whatever the device is that is by the shooter lane.

I did miss the raised ramp. The disco ball does nothing for me, but the raised ramp rocks and goes with my positive comments about the side ramp.

I did my best to give a balanced impression of the game. I'm glad you're wowed by it.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm glad you're "wowed" by an internet person mixing up the prem and the LE on a new pin. Can you teach me, oh wise one, the ways of getting excited? My life seems drab by comparison.
Stern is "influenced," often stated as forced, as in forced hand, by compeition like JJP and other companies that are not so cheap. Most pros do not have drops, and Stern has been criticised by many, myself included, as being a company that cuts costs beyond what they should.
I rewatched the video and can see the lock would be the same on the sword ramp, but I was referring to whatever the device is that is by the shooter lane.
I did miss the raised ramp. The disco ball does nothing for me, but the raised ramp rocks and goes with my positive comments about the side ramp.
I did my best to give a balanced impression of the game. I'm glad you're wowed by it.

Yes, I can teach you. It's called attention to detail.

JJP (or any other competitor) has nothing to do with 3 drop targets being on this Pro. It was an inherit to the design of the toy, and not a costly one. I already gave examples of drops being on other Pros. You can add GOTG to that list as well.

Whether the disco ball does anything for you or not, it's a Premium/LE mech you neglected to mention, and highly integrated into a mode exclusive to the Premium/LE.

So, to wrap things up

1. Attention to detail.
2. Try harder.
3. See #1.

#32 5 years ago

Drops slow the ball down, so I expect the Premium will be slower than the Pro.

Without the lift ramp, does the ball continue around the orbit back to the right flipper?

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

As a big Iron Maiden fan myself - I'm not sure how someone who likes Iron Maiden wouldn't like this game?

because music doesn't change gameplay.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

These all work together with the actuated up/down ramp to make a mode that isn't in the Pro.

How do you come to that conclusion?

Pro has Disco Mode, just no Disco Ball.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Drops slow the ball down, so I expect the Premium will be slower than the Pro.
Without the lift ramp, does the ball continue around the orbit back to the right flipper?

One way gate, stops ball, left orbit always falls into the pops.
Therefore Premium/ LE is faster.

Stern does even mention this in their press release.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

This is pretty silly.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Quoted from TheLaw:

This is pretty silly.

Yep, that's too bad. Guess they needed something to help drive premium sales.

Still think pro will be faster (meaning ball will be ricocheting around) in the lower playfield. The return to the right flipper via sword ramp will not be fast like an orbit.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Yep, that's too bad. Guess they needed something to help drive premium sales.
Still think pro will be faster (meaning ball will be ricocheting around) in the lower playfield. The return to the right flipper via sword ramp will not be fast like an orbit.

It's a give and a take.
While I'd prefer 2 controled gates and therefore 2 fast orbits I'd like the Sword ramp on the Pro best, not having that extra thingy right next to it, wich feeds the ball in from the side.

What I don't get is why they didn't make a jump ramp, or an extra gate for the shooter lane, so we could just have 2 regular orbits.

But yeah, it's not the end of the world and the rest seems fluid & fun.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I have a feeling that the Prem/LE will likely divert to the pops the majority of the time as the left orbit is really the best way to get the ball in the pops. It will probably only go to the sword ramp during certain modes. It probably won't be a big game changer as Stern is notorious for underutilizing their extra features.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Yes, I can teach you. It's called attention to detail.
JJP (or any other competitor) has nothing to do with 3 drop targets being on this Pro. It was an inherit to the design of the toy, and not a costly one. I already gave examples of drops being on other Pros. You can add GOTG to that list as well.
Whether the disco ball does anything for you or not, it's a Premium/LE mech you neglected to mention, and highly integrated into a mode exclusive to the Premium/LE.
So, to wrap things up
1. Attention to detail.
2. Try harder.
3. See #1.

It's a new game. Get over yourself.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Hmm...if I look closely at the photo with the plastic truck in the corner, the gate looks controlled, as I see a rod going to the gate from off the playfield. Granted it's a little difficult to make out what's going on from the photos.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I have a feeling that the Prem/LE will likely divert to the pops the majority of the time as the left orbit is really the best way to get the ball in the pops. It will probably only go to the sword ramp during certain modes. It probably won't be a big game changer as Stern is notorious for underutilizing their extra features.

That may well be. "Luckily" till the first Pros hit local shores, the LE Video will be out so I can see for myself before maybe buying.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Hmm...if I look closely at the photo with the plastic truck in the corner, the gate looks controlled, as I see a rod going to the gate from off the playfield. Granted it's a little difficult to make out what's going on from the photos.

If there is a plastic truck you're watching pictures of the Premium/ LE. THAT one is controlled.
(Just watching the pictures now I see what you mean, but still, that can't be.)

It's even written down in the features matrix and the press release. The Premium/LE controlled gate opens way into the shooterlane/sword ramp feed, so it just has to be the right gate.

But (as written above by MikeS ) it might not be a significant game changer if the controlled gate behaves the same most of the time.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

If there is a plastic truck you're watching pictures of the Premium/ LE. THAT one is controlled.

I meant the flat plastic truck. Maybe it's the other gate that isn't controlled?

19ab7043194f77be145c64618daa42c544d5ad45 (1) (resized).jpg19ab7043194f77be145c64618daa42c544d5ad45 (1) (resized).jpg

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I meant the flat plastic truck. Maybe it's the other gate that isn't controlled.
[quoted image]

Just edited my post.

I see what you mean now.
According to Features Matrix & Press Release, the Premium/LE controlled gate opens way into the shooterlane/sword ramp feed, so it just has to be the right gate... I think.

I the right gate would go both ways,... where would the ball end when hitting the left orbit on the pro?! Since there "seems" to be no jump ramp or additional gate closing up the shooter lane it would end up right there... in the shooter lane.

Follow the left orbit shot with your eyes and look where you end up.

035-deadpool (resized).jpg035-deadpool (resized).jpg
#46 5 years ago

Looking at the juggernaut image, I wish they made a juggernaut pin. xmen popping up you bash like the trolls in hobbit. Plus a magneto floating ball like in BSD. A "villain" Pin bashing the heros. Infinity gauntlet, Dr Doom, Ultron,Loki etc..
collect all the infinity gems to finish the gauntlet...just a thought.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Since there "seems" to be no jump ramp or additional gate closing up the shooter lane it would end up right there... in the shooter lane.

If that's so, don't balls into the right orbit that aren't fast enough to reach the top fall back in the shooterlane? Or balls exiting the right side of the bumpers (if that's possible...I can't really tell by that picture).

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from sven:

If that's so, don't balls into the right orbit that aren't fast enough to reach the top fall back in the shooterlane? Or balls exiting the right side of the bumpers (if that's possible...I can't really tell by that picture).

This is exactly what I have been trying to work out for the last couple of days since the pics were released.
Lucky we only have to wait a week for the live stream to find out.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from sven:

Slow Ball landing in the Shooterlane Happens in some games, no sweat. Auto Plunger will feed it back in.

Out of The Pops its not impossible to get there as I see it but usually it wouldnt end up there.

But there may ne an additional wird gate for the shooter lane unser the plastic figurine. Cant see it properly.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Aside from that, my take is that our only hope for groundbreaking innovation in design at Stern is going to come from Keith Elwin. The rest of the crew looks to be repeating what we've grown to expect from Stern.

Me too, although they Stern-ified Archer by...removing the subway. I'm not sure how much freedom Elwin will have to break any Stern rules, and am skeptical we'll see any significant design changes until different folks are in charge. I hope he's allowed to innovate, though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-pictures-release?hl=pinkopf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.