(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

10 months ago

Topic Stats

• 3,474 posts
  • 343 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 minutes ago by sethi_i
  • Topic is favorited by 137 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 778 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DP Finish 2 (resized).jpg
20190624_173153 (resized).jpg
20190624_173211 (resized).jpg
DP (resized).jpg
dp (resized).jpeg
dp2 (resized).jpeg
20190621_161930 (resized).jpg
20190621_154615 (resized).jpg
20190621_143817 (resized).jpg
20190621_124300 (resized).jpg
4011E969-844A-4157-BF8A-5748226594A9 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_2019-06-19-23-58-13 (resized).png
20190618_125316 (resized).jpg
20190618_130150 (resized).jpg
20190618_130252 (resized).jpg
pointed-shooter (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1867 Deadpool Pro with Katana side armor installed Posted by StoneyFL (4 months ago)

Post #2155 Stern Ninja Star bumper cap kit Posted by twenty84 (3 months ago)

Post #2389 Hooked On Pinball Ninja Star bumper caps Posted by Robertstone0407 (72 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zukram.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#422 9 months ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Unboxed #39 today
[quoted image]

A couple days more for mine... how complete does the game feel?

#521 9 months ago

296 in the house. Hope to get a few games on it tonight..

20180925_124320 (resized).jpg
#526 9 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Hi Zukram or Cjmjmm,
Can you check this in diagnostic mode under Coils:
Coil 13 (up/down ramp hold) - when you activate it - does it make any noise and do anything- like the rest of the coils?
Thanks

Tried it just now. No noise, or any movement that I could detect...

#543 9 months ago

Anyone notice a near constant hum/noise coming from the speakers on their machine, almost sounds like the fan blowing on the power supply (just not as loud), but the sound is definitely coming from the speakers.. Wondering if there is even anything that can be done here other than call Stern..

1 week later
#693 8 months ago
Quoted from frolic:

I've looked but I didn't see any type of LP order cards in my stuff. Was there something?

There is a postcard in the goodie bag that you can either fill out and drop in the mail or can email them details on your LE.

3 weeks later
#966 7 months ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

Got a fair few games in on mine now, and a few questions.
Updated code to 0.95 and it reset all the scores to high values - GC was set at 300,000,000 (manual says 75,000,000 is GC score) - anyone had that?
I'm also getting a lot of air balls, more so than other machines. Several bounced up and hit the glass which makes a scary noise! Also, about five times this evening the ball got launched form the left slingshot over the right slings and directly into the shooter lane! I've turned the slings down (from 32 to 20) but it happened again after - just wondering what everyone else has them set at?
Also, I've played a fair few games and I cannot figure out how to get an extra ball, anyone care to give me a hint?!

I initially had a lot of similar air balls (not to the glass), but from the left sling all the way to the shooter lane. I fiddled with the rubber on the slings, adjusted it a bit up and down, maybe untwisted it a little, air balls stopped.. So at least for me this is all that corrected it..

#976 7 months ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

What did you do with the rubber? I've moved it about, pulled and reseated it and have turned the slings power down to 15 - I did try 10 but then they pretty much do nothing.
Last night I had three balls go from the left sling back into the shooter lane, and more annoying has two balls go from the right sling, over the left wire form and into the outlane!
I just really don't know what else I can do?
Just to check, what is everyone's play field set at, pitch wise? Snikt and Katana locks were hard to hit last night and I suspect I may have moved it whilst working on the slings (or it has settled into the carpet a bit).

I was very un-scientific about it, just sort of slid the rubber up and down a very little with a game between each try. I suppose I just got lucky after the first couple of adjustments. As my left sling started more like a catapult like you described..

On the pitch. I have been adjusting it a little every couple of days, starting above 7 and last night reduced it some more.. Should be around 6.8 now, and last nights play felt pretty good (got the top 3 scores), so probably will leave it here for a while..

#983 7 months ago
Quoted from cyberkryten:

OK, I'll have another play with the rubbers on the slings and check the pitch.
How are you making sure the level is straight up the play field, I'm using the 2x/5x markers, just wondering what everyone else is using?

Use an app for android 'Bubble Level'. Then move the phone right beteen the flippers, and up to the top of the playfield.. Depending on the phone, your camera lens may stick out a little so need to compensate for that, my current phone's camera is just about flush so no longer have to worray about that myself..

1 month later
#1288 6 months ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Anyone have issues with their BOOM button? I purchased my Pro Deadpool pin about 2 months ago, and last week the BOOM button started getting "stuck" (it would take time to "pop" back up). Then within 2 days, it got stuck altogether. Took it back to the dealer and he said "We've never had to replace a button before" (guilt trip) but they went ahead and gave me the one from the showroom.
I took it home, put it on my pin and it worked just fine. For 2 days. Today I noticed it is getting "stuck" again.
Any advice?

I have not had issues with the button on deadpool, but had this happen on star wars. Mostly I just needed to fiddle with the button or the switch underneath. The plastic button was somehow not centered over the switch by just enough that the switch was catching on the button when depressed, kinda wedging them together and stuck down. Would just look to see if your switch is mounted so it ends up centered under the button..

2 weeks later
#1437 5 months ago
Quoted from thebosson:

Same issue for me on the Bezerker mode. Lights up, but will not start every time. It’s weird because it was working initially, but then stopped.

I've had mine light up and it will eventually start up but never or perhaps very rarely on the first shot. Sometimes a few shots or more that way to trigger the mode..

#1465 5 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Maybe it's under a specific set of circumstances that it won't start. I was in Berzerker mode a number of times the last few games I played.
Also, all the Deadpool light lens mods for domestic have shipped out. International should be today and then I'm completely caught up - finally.

Possibly, I have considered maybe it is like the disco modes, that you have to get so many spinner flips once it lights up, except it just does not tell you how many to go.. Perhaps by design, or by bug :/

#1486 5 months ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

LE/Premium owners - does the ball ever fall off the Katana sword when you hit the ball around via the left orbit (Dazzler Spinner)? It doesn't happen to me very often, but sometimes when the balls comes flying around and goes up the shooter lane up/down ramp, rather than land in the sword and then roll down into the right inlane, it just bounces over the sword (above the protective metal piece that is perpendicular to the sword) and onto the playfield. If that protective metal piece was longer it wouldn't happen. Wasn't sure if this issue was specific to my game and/or if there is something I should adjust to prevent this. Thanks.

That happens to me a couple times a game.. Most of the time it takes the intended path, a couple times hops the sword into the playfield, and sometimes if it does not make the full orbit cleanly, the ramp that pops up/down ends up being a little mis-timed as well, and blocks the ball from making it to the sword.. I've noticed the latter problem more if the side to side level is off.. And I think, popping off the sword seems to happen most often if the ball really whips around the orbit cleanly..

#1489 5 months ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Ok cool. I want to update since im running .86 i believe, but wanted to check first

Update it to .97 you will like the new modes / etc.. I have played several games a day on it since the code was released, no crash issues..

1 week later
#1574 5 months ago

Yay! Deadpool LP's have arrived @ Stern HQ. Guess however long it takes to ship / etc to go..

1 week later
#1623 5 months ago

Mine will be here tommorow (thru UPS)

#1629 5 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

ha. I do have room in my basement for quite a few. Have a full sized mame arcade as well. At this point if I got a second it would be dialed in. I played for a long time today and fell in love. Would be good to have 1 new stern and 1 newish JJP. I think my wife will see that logic.....

Sounds like solid logic..

#1636 5 months ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Hmmm....maybe my hearing is going? I have mine on 20 when it’s just me playing and 24 when the buddies are over and we have multiple machines going. Love the sounds, music, and callouts on this game so don’t want to miss anything.

Anything over 12 here, usually gets me evil looks when i'm playing but others are in the house.. And my stuff is in a distant part of the basement even..

It seems fairly loud even here, I don't think I ever turned any of these much past 15..

#1640 5 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I would be pinball happy and divorced! Hopefully the one table will hold me for a while....

You will find a way..

1 month later
#2036 3 months ago

Maybe since the last patch (altho I just noticed it the last 2 days or so).. If I qualify mechsuit multiball the same time while hitting the scoop for a battle or quest, it ended up not starting the battle or quest, certain i tapped the action button to start it. Next scoop shot starts mechsuit properly.. Otherwise on all the other battle start issues above, I try not to start by hitting both flippers, as sometimes i guess it registers one flipper first and chooses a battle I do not want or expect. And other than the above circumstance, have not had other scoop issues.. yet..

#2072 3 months ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Havent looked at the readme file on the changes with the new code, but has anyone else had problems with the auto launch not getting the ball all the way around? It stalls right about at the gate and its up in the air which way it will come down

Does this happen to you every time ? For me, it has more to do with how centered the ball ends up on the auto launch fork mechanism when it launches. You man need to pop up the playfield and adjust that mechanism so that the ball has a better chance of being centered on it.. I have had to tweak this on a few games.. On my dead pool right now it is really fairly random (and will need to adjust this when I get a chance), usually I find myself rushing to plunge it manually..

#2076 3 months ago
Quoted from mjs2:

I’m curious to others people adjustments to get this fixed as well. Have not found a fix other than a timely nudge but that does not always work. Everything else is lined up, the scoop - katana ramp- and the ball hits the right orbit sleeve coming down from pop bumpers and lands on left flipper perfectly. Took some good effort to get all this perfect So I don’t want to mess with it to throw anything else off but activating things lil Deadpool frenzy are just game killers, otherwise game is killer!!

This is not happening on mine, but it is perhaps because the red post sleeve on the right side is worn, and has a tear - nearly in half (I think the one of the left side is worn out already as well) Got some new ones coming, so that may change it for me.. Otherwise, I do remember having a period where the balls were dropping nearly sdtm from here, at some point i adjusted the level of the game ~7.0 and i think that helped..

4 weeks later
#2341 74 days ago

Noticed since the update to 1.0, I now get the extra ball award at 30 collected weapons instead of previous 75..
Anyone else seeing this ? I reported as a possible bug to stern..

#2343 74 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What’s it supposed to do? Typically EBs auto adjust. So if it starts at 30 and you’re getting it every game, the number will automatically increase. Check the settings to see what default is.

Well in a previous release, they had adjusted default be 75 (from 30). Even though the previous notes say it was supposed to auto-adjust from 75, I never saw it change from 75.. In any case I'll walk through settings later..

1 week later
#2507 62 days ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

This is awesome just got mine today less than 20 plays and now it’s says node 9 not found. Nothing in the back area works and one ball is still stuck in the katana. What do I do? Haha

Would start by popping up the play field, and inspect and maybe re-seat cabling one at a time to all node boards..

#2508 62 days ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

This is awesome just got mine today less than 20 plays and now it’s says node 9 not found. Nothing in the back area works and one ball is still stuck in the katana. What do I do? Haha

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Deadpool_LE_Pre_web.pdf - Page 11
Looks like Node 9 has a direct connection to the CPU Node in the backbox, so you may need to inspect that connection there as well..

#2510 62 days ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ya reseated everything, and nothing. I’m so fucked my wife comes home in an hour and finds a broken game after dropping over 5 grand. Haha gonna be so fun

Well since you are gonna be in deep trouble, might as well order your 3rd game now!

But one more thing to check, is the dip switch settings on the node boards.. I think in one of the game menus should say what the setting should be per board.

This may help as well:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Deadpool_Pro_web.pdf -> page 9

Altho seems unlikely that gameplay would cause one of those dip switches to alter..

If you cannot make sense of that table, or still have problems.. Call Stern in the morning, or your distributor, they can help determine if it is a bad node board or some other issue.. I had a couple bad node boards on/close to arrival, and a sound problem on a cpu board on other games. Stern got new ones to me within a couple days, then have had no problems since then...

#2514 62 days ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Now I’m really confused per the manual it says node 9 has two data plugs. Mine has one going to node 8. The one from the cpu is going to 8 now instead of 9.
[quoted image]

Yeah the one missing is the one that runs all the way to the back box, look inside / bottom of your cabinet for a long black cable..

#2524 62 days ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Here is mine backbox to 8 then out to 9 down below.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I wonder if it matters. On mine the top port on 9 goes to the backbox. My top port on node 8 is empty. The diagram in the manual shows the connection backbox to node 9 ...

tempFileForShare_20190423-230153 (resized).jpg
#2537 62 days ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

For those who have been playing since early code...
Anyone else struggling now to get team ups? I used to start battles with a Wolverine and one of the orbits just by flailing...now I'm cancelling out of a battle or two just waiting to get a helper.

I think on startup you need to hit loops/teamup shot twice to qualify them. But only if you are not in any of the modes (maybe this is a change in later code ?). Occasionally a random shot hits the scoop really early, and I consider cancelling the battle, but normally just fight saber tooth if this happens.. Also, if you have mech suit waiting for you, the team ups may clear, and you might not be able to qualify them at all, later maybe ill try and watch for that..

After completing those battles, and moving to level 2 of the battles I think it gets harder to qualify the team ups, maybe 3+ shots ?

#2556 60 days ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Just had my best game yet at 879.9M and noticed a few things (latest code)

* Super Secret Skill Shot - I get these mid game occasionally, but have not figured out the pattern to trigger it. Sometimes when the ball ends up back in the shooter lane this happens.. Nice little bonus for a airball that unexpectantly ended there..

* Ninja Apocalypse - One of my most satisfying shots.. Combo of the right loop, then the right katana shot, especially so if you can really get some speed on the ball. When I see lock lit, I do try for this combo to get it there.. And as the other poster mentioned, each one bags you 20 ninjas! So you can really rack up the bonus numbers if you can get some of these early in the game..

1 week later
#2767 47 days ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I suspect it’s a bug. Hopefully corrected soon.

Happened to me as well. It was ready to start, I hit the scoop, multiball started.. also similar with disco multiball, started without needing to hit the full left loop... And I don't recall exactly, but a couple other things felt odd as well..

#2777 47 days ago

I am filing a bug report, but was re-reading the patch notes... Specifically:

Adjustment: "DISABLE LIL DP TARGET BANK" - when this adjustment is set to YES,
the Lil Deadpool drop targets will never reset and the Lil Deadpool device
will not be able to lock balls....

Wondering if this is set to yes by default and causing the mode to seem like it auto starts

#2778 47 days ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

You don't have to hit the full loop to start it. Just the switch that is part way up.

I think the ball had only gotten just past the spinner, so it should of qualified the disco mode, but needed a better shot to get further to start it..
Perhaps my senses were juts heightened because of how lil-deadpool mode(s) started that I was expecting more oddities..

I'll see later tonite, or maybe during long-lunch from work

#2807 46 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

How hard would it be for the updater to make sure it's installing the correct package? This happens WAY too often.

Or why even have multiple packages.. The code could be made to detect the hardware, and enable/disable options. But if it saves time have three separate builds, ok, get the next update out quicker

#2823 45 days ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

First time over 500,000,000 and got the “What are you? Keith Elwin?” callout!

Nice, I have not heard that one yet..

#2902 42 days ago

Yeah, if only it were allowed to bot account adds!!

#2915 41 days ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

On my premium when I shoot disco loops, a lot of times the ball jumps off the lifted ramp and misses the "wall" that helps direct it to the right flipper.
Any mods for this? Like extending the re-direct wall?

Others in this thread said a small bit of felt or rubber on the stop at the end of the katana, help deaden it and drops more reliably to the right flipper..

#2929 41 days ago

Right at 7.0 here..

1 week later
#3014 34 days ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm going to make your day even brighter:
Your scores were actually 10 times higher than you thought they were!

I am going to make it so bright you will need a welder mask.. They were 1000 times higher than you thought!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 279.95
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Howell, MI
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 279.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Buren, AR
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zukram.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside