Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 2,130 posts
  • 266 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by BeeGeeMtl
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 510 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190317_184025474_iOS (resized).jpg
74CE1428-C9AC-4085-9648-C184C920D904 (resized).jpeg
20190315_130450 (resized).jpg
20190315_130306 (resized).jpg
20190313_160353 (resized).jpg
91C71512-57D6-4310-9CCF-278F8FC5D83C (resized).jpeg
20190312_094748 (resized).jpg
2019-03-02 15.09.58 (resized).jpg
DSC_0020 (resized).JPG
DSC_0019 (resized).JPG
A3368E53-2E9E-42AC-B254-1751644AB373 (resized).jpeg
D26D5C8A-D04F-49B6-9765-8831C0B8DAF0 (resized).jpeg
97B2F13E-E9EB-4EA3-84EC-7C03BE27A1CE (resized).jpeg
20190306_134524 (resized).jpg
9471158A-8962-4938-8C4D-AFBDD59BA818 (resized).jpeg
AE4DC78E-5634-44CE-BAC6-08A982313755 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vireland.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1408 84 days ago

Just released three new color bracket mods for Deadpool in the Pin Monk store here on Pinside. White playfield mode inserts on Deadpool now can be made to match the colors of the character mode lights on the playfield backboard. The multiplier cluster and B-O-O-M rollover lights also have mods available now. Pics:

Multiplier cluster:
multiplier_bracket_before_after_very_sml (resized).jpg

Mode Lights:
Mode_Lights_Before_After_very_small (resized).jpg

B-O-O-M Rollover Lights:
B-O-O-M Rollover Lights_very_sml (resized).jpg

#1410 84 days ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Waiting to order these when your X-men brackets are ready!

I have a logjam on the printers right now with so many popular mods happening at once. Another printer is on the way to hopefully take some of the pressure off and get things moving. The X-men set is so large (so many brackets) that it will take quite a while to get stock made, but it is coming - you've seen the pictures of how it looks!

#1413 84 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What does the actual mod look like?

The mode light one has a picture of some of them under the playfield already. The individual lenses are far enough apart that they're just rectangular screens like X-Men. The B-O-O-M ones are square versions of the same thing. The multiplier cluster is unique to itself, but it mounts over the screw posts of the light board to hold it in place. I'll take a picture later this week and post it.

#1421 81 days ago
Quoted from pninja005:

So how does DP hold up against Iron Maiden?
I am thinking of picking one up this week.
Thx!

It doesn't. But it has some great lines. Maiden is still the player's pin.

#1424 81 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

“Aiming for end December” - interpretation - means mid to end January.

Or if you're paperflock, 2022.

#1428 80 days ago

Caught up with all the Iron Maiden so Deadpool brackets are finally printing to start shipping tomorrow. I made some adjustments to Mystique, who I thought was too dark purple/lavender before. Now she's a purplish-pink more in line with the art on the playfield. I also have pictures of her backboard insert with the color to match the playfield insert mode:
Backboard_Mystique_sml2 (resized).jpgMode_Lights_Before_After_very_small (resized).jpg

And here's the install of the optional mystique lens in the backboard:

Mystique_backboard_install_sml (resized).jpg
#1464 75 days ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I've had mine light up and it will eventually start up but never or perhaps very rarely on the first shot. Sometimes a few shots or more that way to trigger the mode..

Maybe it's under a specific set of circumstances that it won't start. I was in Berzerker mode a number of times the last few games I played.

Also, all the Deadpool light lens mods for domestic have shipped out. International should be today and then I'm completely caught up - finally.

#1470 74 days ago
Quoted from zucot:

Pumped to get my pin monk shipment!

Pumped to see pics of it installed - you'll likely be the first since they all went out together and you're closest.

All of them are very straightforward and easy to install except the Mystique backboard one, which requires 5 screws to be removed so you can get the frosted panel back there off, remove the screw holding the post with the light board, insert the lens bracket and then reverse everything. Give yourself 15 minutes for just that one.

#1495 73 days ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Ok cool. I want to update since im running .86 i believe, but wanted to check first

If your friend's is resetting mid-game ("crashing") it may be a power supply issue. Spike is notorious for it. Have them check the output from the power supply and make sure it's strong at 48v. If it drops low in intense action like multiball, it can cause a spontaneous reset.

#1506 72 days ago
Quoted from zucot:

Installed a full set of pinkmonk insert filters tonight.
Overall it’s an easy install. Like all things Pinball, take your time and you’ll be ok. Don’t drop any screws!
Some thoughts:
The holes for the right O and M in BOOM stripped for me when I was putting the light board back in place. It was easy to correct, and I found that the factory markings for screws weren’t used anyway. No idea why this happened.
The Mystique flasher on the back panel is a little tricky. You need two hands but it’s manageable.
The mode and multiplier lights are amazing. Real game changers.
The mystique flasher gets washed out when I try to snap a pic with my crappy phone camera, it looks better in person.
The right O and M in BOOM get washed out by the stock lighting. Might be time for me to swap out to sunburst or warm white.
I definitely recommend these mods. Bring on ghostbusters! Too many white inserts on that game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ha! Pinkmonk!

Thanks for posting your install, it looks great!

I had an issue like you describe, but on the first O in BOOM. The hole for it was looser than the other three. I don't know if Stern is using power tools on the line and overdrilling the holes or what, but if you had it, too, maybe it's a thing. Toothpick end firmed it right up, so it wasn't a problem, just weird for an almost brand new Deadpool. Perhaps it's also due to the fact that the factory screws for those BOOM light boards are very short. If other people have the same issue, I may just include 4 #6 1/2" screws in the B-O-O-M kit. I resisted doing that to keep the price down, but if people want it, I'll just revise the kit and bump the price a few bucks.

Thanks again for posting this. I sent a bunch of Deadpool brackets out, so hopefully others post theirs when they get them installed.

#1539 67 days ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Nice mod PinMonk! Looks great!
(Color inserts on playfield now match back of game for each mode... trex, sabertooth, mystique, etc.)
You should develop multiple colors of multiple sizes and sell them one off.
Folks easy to install- looks good.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting your install, that does look good! I don't know why they left Mystique white on the backboard when she's lavender/pinkish on the art, and her FRAME on the backboard is purple! The only problem is, now your white multiplier cluster looks naked.

Because of the different mounting situations it would be hard to make a bunch of generic colored brackets to mix and match. Just in that Deadpool kit there were like 4 different kinds of brackets, and T-Rex/Megaladon were sharing a single bracket because of the light board. X-Men is even more varied.

#1555 65 days ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Around 1000 plays on the game. He broke at the hips. It’s probabky fixable but I’m still going to contact stern about it

Given the amount of shaking and ball action, that body interior is WAY too hollow. It should have been solid, like they did for Iron Monger where they filled the hollow off-the-shelf toy design with epoxy to strengthen them.

#1563 64 days ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Anyone else experience the ball getting wedged under the gate at the top of the playfield when you plunge. If I do a full plunge, the momentum isnt enough to bounce off that gate 75% of the time and it just gets wedged there. Ball search rarely is able to knock it loose. Is there a way to adjust that gate?

Sounds like the machine is too flat. What's your playfield pitch?

#1572 63 days ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Here is another observation as an owner for 2 days of a pro. Why is the right orbit so clunky and why as the elevated shooter lane not implemented?

When you buy a Gomez design, it will be clunky. That's all you need to know. He's the King of Clunky, especially in the modern Stern era.

#1587 59 days ago
Quoted from BigJoeCincy:

Right before Christmas I traded my lightly modded Metallica Pro with around 3500 plays on it for a practically brand new Deadpool Pro that came with the under-cabinet lighting and the topper. To be honest I was worried about regrets getting rid of the Met Pro (It was my first pin and I bought it brand new) but I have not felt that at all. Even more since the new update which I feel made the game a lot more fun.
I know a lot of people are going to hate me for saying this, but I feel like Metallica is a very over rated game. It’s a simple fan setup with nothing too special and was extremely hard to stay consistent with the game. And let’s be honest. Sparky isn’t a whole lot different then the Deadpool toy minus the magnet (after about 500 plays on a new magnet in Met you’ll start seeing the ball ramp off it and required adjusting a lot for the game to play right). I personally feel like Deadpool blows Metallica out of the water.
I feel like I got the better end of the deal. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I can believe you came to that conclusion. You have Popeye and Judge Dredd.

#1603 56 days ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

I emailed them last week and received a response of "later this month." So, it's coming. Game has really improved....makes you wonder if earlier ratings should be ignored...I like the game alot.

Software has improved, but the playfield has that trademark Gomez clunk. Can't get over that without physical changes, which aren't happening.

#1608 56 days ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

We heard you!
That said, I Was super stoked to buy your DP insert mods (which look great), but now I just can’t be bothered to support someone who continuously knocks a game while still trying to capitalize a profit off it.

Oookay. Your loss, they ARE a fantastic improvement. It's not like I'm magically not going to have opinions about pinball. I have criticisms of pins I own, have owned or ones on the route I help with. Just because I own them or maintain them doesn't mean I'm blind to the flaws.

That said, I'll try to keep track of whether I'm in a club thread or not. Sometimes when I follow a notification, I answer posts without realizing what thread I'm in. No club likes a Debbie Downer.

debbie_downer (resized).jpg
#1609 56 days ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Pro seems clunky to me only because i get a lot of bounce out on the scoop. Any direct shot bounces right out. Really annoying. Still a sweet game!

I haven't tried it, but that's likely fixable by adding a washer to the back side underneath. Similar to the Williams Indy saucer fix.

1 month later
#1943 16 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Let’s hear from guys that are fans of SW, IMDN, TWD, GOT, ACDC, WOZ...how does Deadpool stack up to these? And is it kid friendly? What about your pro vs premium viewpoint? How’s the strategies, stacking, and ball times overall?
I plan to go play an LE in the next week or two now that code is much more refined. But hard to get good assessment off a 2-hour session.

Premium/LE is better. Game is a clunky shooter on both versions, but the Premium is a better overall experience. Maiden and TWD are all-time classics, so it's not above those. Probably just below Star Wars (which has come a LONG way since launch), IMO. Deadpool code has improved a lot.

I don't know that lightning flippers would help gameplay. Ball times would be shorter, but it might make the clunk worse if it changes the way you flip to account for the missing bit at the ends of them...

#1957 15 days ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Anybody know what causes the Special insert to light? I think I’ve only seen it lit in attract mode.[quoted image]

Start playing really badly. The game will insult you with that insert.

#1964 14 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

On .99 code any reason why my number for light extra ball is different all the time? Was 35, then , 30, then 25, today its 20...

Is it dynamic on the system menu? (I'm not sure, but that would 'splain it)

#1967 14 days ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

I tried but no matter how poorly I played i couldn’t get it to light. I even changed my special percentage to 50% just to see if that would help, but no luck.

Oh, haha! That was a joke. Sorry!

It does sound like something Deadpool would do, though...

#1981 13 days ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Ok I really want a deadpool. Just wondering those who went the premium/Le why did you chose that version over the pro? From what I can see the pro is the exact same game as the premium/Le just without the drop ramp. I can grab a le for not much more than a nib premium

The LE (and maybe the Prem since that's essentially the same game) seems to shoot a bit better than the Pro. They both have Gomez clunk, but the LE noticibly less so than the Pro. That alone is reason to get a Prem/LE IMO. The LE is quite a good-looking machine, too.

#1989 13 days ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I feel like with most games that come out there is some buzz phrase that becomes popular on pinside for those that don't like the game, but the meaning of that phrase often isn't well defined. For Star Wars it was "math chess." For DP the phrase seems to be "Gomez clunk".

I'll define it for you and leave it at that. MB and LotR were a LONG time ago. Neo-Gomez is not classic Gomez. Batman TDK has Gomez clunk. Batman '66 has it for sure. Avengers has it. Deadpool does also (Pro more than the LE). Basically most of the 21st century Gomez designs have it. The issue is certain shots feel like they should make it but just peter out or dribble back (batman '66 left orbit is notorious for this). Play enough Gomez designs and you can FEEL it. That said, Batman'66 has shown that (eventually) great code can minimize the frustration with it, and Deadpool's code is coming along well so it may not be much of an issue in the end. But anyway, it's definitely a thing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 9,999.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Peabody, MA
$ 29.95
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vireland.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside