(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twenty84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I saw it in person and it looks differnt. Also it was alot of his settings being very golden. I'd personally go more white and let the art do its work

In the pics it looks looks like additional lights were used for the stream and not just the pin stadiums. Was this the case? I also found the “candy cane” effect on the sword/left ramp and the frequent blasts of UV light very distracting in last nights stream.

1 week later
#182 5 years ago

These cards you post on this thread and others (e.g. GotG) look good but a couple comments

1. Why not post a picture of just the art and not a whole screenshot with the menus Photoshop buttons etc.?

2. It is fine to put your email address, website, etc. on the card but these seem to be on top of other info which will make the cards unusable by most people. It is almost like you are making these for your own exclusive use, which is fine. But if you are going to post them why not make a version others can print and use?

2 weeks later
#415 5 years ago

Unboxed #39 today

1E6120F2-86DB-48E9-A2B0-6AEC88A37DBC (resized).jpeg1E6120F2-86DB-48E9-A2B0-6AEC88A37DBC (resized).jpeg
#423 5 years ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

Awesome! My LE is being delivered Friday. Is there anything I should be aware of in terms of unpacking setup that was an issue or unusual?

They now include washers on the leg bolts which I think is a nice way to protect the powder coat. This is the first game I've had with HD glass. At one point I forgot the glass was there and tried to reach in and remove the plastic bag from little Deadpool.

Quoted from mannymasy:

would you change iron man vault vs deadpool pro?

My personal choice was to keep IM VE and get DP LE. At this point if I had to choose between the two, I'd take DP but I've had IM VE for almost 2 years.

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why do you think that? Look at the display there are 3 players on the display. It's just the big kids turn.
Congrats on your game!

We started the game before he got home from school and this was pretty much the moment he walked in.

Quoted from Zukram:

A couple days more for mine... how complete does the game feel?

Only a few games so far but loving it. The code feels great out of the box to me, but I also had GotG and BM66 since the release code so my expectations were low.

3 weeks later
#767 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Go thru utilities. There is a way to dump your audits to USB.

Yes but there is no way to put them back in after updating the code. I understand how things like high scores might not be as applicable to save between versions, but play count and settings should stay after a code update. Every time I update code I have to put it back on free play, have it use really knocker, turn off the fake screeching knocker, set the volume, etc. Virtually every other product out there (including pins from other manufacturers) remembers your settings after a software update. The fact that the play count is constantly reset to 0 is especially unacceptable. It is akin to the dealer reseting your odometer to 0 every time you get an oil change.

2 months later
#1287 5 years ago

I have had my boom button occasionally get stuck down. Maybe 2 times over the months that I've had the game. Usually just hitting it again pops it back so I haven't looked for a fix. Out of the box the light on my boom button RGB light didn't work. Two of the wires (red and 5V) were switched and soldered in the wrong locations, so switching them back got it working.

2 weeks later
#1443 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Any of you guys getting a situation where there is a ball in lil'deadpool but the drop targets won't drop? It then shows and error on the screen? Mine just started to do this.
Cheers,
Neil

I used to have this issue on mine. The problem was specific to the situation when some of the drop targets were already down. The drop target mech wasn't correctly aligned with the slot in the play field. I started this thread which explains the issue and how to correct it:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-center-drop-target-issue

4 weeks later
#1692 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferrone:

Okay Gang, found the problem and it looks like the issue may come up for others in due course (and I hope not!). I believe its a silly mechanism in the 3 bank drop target assembly - possibly design fault?
There is a think angle plate that is triggered by the same coil near the playfield. This plate has 3 nibs that when triggered hit the 3x drop targets so they can drop. In my case, my plate has moved away from the small coil, so when the coil pulses it can't move the plate so the targets do not drop. We played around with it and there seems to be some slack in the way its made, which makes me think may happen again down the track? Play around with the plate so that it is closer to the small coil and also that this plate is not rubbing against the assembly in any way. It never was a software issue or fault opto.
Photo below outlines the plate in question. good luck! Let me know if it fixes your problem - fingers crossed!!!!
Dan[quoted image]

This thread documents a very similar issue I had with my game. On mine I initially thought it was an issue with this plate but it turned out to be the position of the drops in the play field cut out so that they couldn't move enough to reset.

#1699 5 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Is it just me or can no body get the video to blow up to see what the hell is going on?

I dug this out of their website and put it so it could be more easily viewed. Unfortunately the file is 18 MB so too large to post on pinside directly.

https://imgur.com/fD9E8GV

4 weeks later
#1882 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Good stuff. But NOT a fan of this one in the premium:
- Disco Multiball - GI no longer turns off during multiball.
I LOVE the look when the GI goes off and disco ball lights up. Hopefully this can be made to toggle on or off in 1.0.

Quoted from bwalter:

Agreed. I really liked the light show during Disco Multiball and the challenge of watching the balls without the GI.
Something tells me they probably didn't want to do this but overwhelming complaints/comments turned the tide?

I agree, there seems to be this movement recently that the playfield always needs to be brightly lit or else the game isn't playable. I agree that we should have the option of having the GI off during disco MB. It really is a cool effect with the spots of light not only dancing around the playfield but the entire room.

#1885 5 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

Newb owner, didn't realize high scores got reset with a firmware update. Oh well, at least I got a picture.

I hope Stern will give us the option to keep them someday, and also keep all the other settings I have to reset manually each time (set to Free play, Q24 to knocker, knocker volume off, do not start game with boom button, etc.)

#1905 5 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

I agree with keeping settings, but don't agree with keeping high scores after code updates. Games change with code and hence it's not fair to compare scores across codes.

The high scores can be reset at any time. It would likely be appropriate to reset the high scores after changing several of the options within the code (number of balls, extra balls, ball save time, difficulty of starting modes, etc.) My argument was just to give the option to keep high scores. Some code updates radically change the scoring (like some early updates on GotG) but there are also very minor updates that have minimal influence on game play.

#1982 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The LE (and maybe the Prem since that's essentially the same game) seems to shoot a bit better than the Pro. They both have Gomez clunk, but the LE noticibly less so than the Pro. That alone is reason to get a Prem/LE IMO. The LE is quite a good-looking machine, too.

I feel like with most games that come out there is some buzz phrase that becomes popular on pinside for those that don't like the game, but the meaning of that phrase often isn't well defined. For Star Wars it was "math chess." For DP the phrase seems to be "Gomez clunk". It seems not to be used to describe other Gomez games like MB or LOTR, and I must admit after owning this game since it came out I'm not even sure what it means.

Does it refer to "flow"? Both orbits and ramps return the ball safely (at least on the LE/prem). Center shot also returns the ball.

There are 11 drops, which is a lot for a modern game. Is this what is mean by clunk?

Do people feel the shots are too difficult? I don't feel this is the case at least on my game but I understand the right (back) ramp can be difficult on some machines if it isn't adjusted properly. The Skinkt shot is hard but it needs to be for the rules to make any sense.

The game has a fresh layout (e.g. not the classic fan seen on Met, GotG, Munsters, AFM, etc) which maybe people aren't used to or don't like for some reason?

1 week later
#2078 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Anyone have issues with Lil DP dropping trapped balls straight down the middle? Obviously not a big issue when multiball starts, but anytime a ball is released from behind the drops, it's going straight down without a huge tilt inducing shove. I tried a slightly larger (cliffy) post sleeve on the right side where the ball rests, but that didn't do anything. I'm considering doing some bending on the metal side wall, but I haven't taken it apart enough to see if that will mess with the opto that is there or not. Anyone already deal with this? I'm at about 7 deg, which seems to be the sweet spot for the shots.

I had this issue initially on mine. It had to deal with out the drop targets were aligned, I put I link to the thread below where I describe the issue further and how I fixed it. In your case it might be a simpler problem like how the play field is leveled.

1 week later
#2155 5 years ago

I got these in the mail from Stern today. The install was made a bit more difficult by the 6 pointed star being made so that it would only fit with the unpolished side up. Luckily I had a wheel to polish these, and after that the install was easy. I like that they match the sword and I felt they were reasonably priced at $26. Right after I installed them I got the GC score on my game, so they must do something.

IMG_6383 (resized).jpegIMG_6383 (resized).jpegIMG_6389 (resized).jpegIMG_6389 (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#3951 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Seems excessively long for protection of the guide area.

This damage was caused by the guide scraping the play field. Seems like if you don't have any damage you are trying to cover a simple washer would be enough to lift the guide off the play field.

5 months later
#5256 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Is there a mod for the LE that makes the disco ball spin? Sorry, new to the game so I have some dumb questions. I found mods for the pro, but nothing that looked like it did the LE.

The disco ball already does spin on the LE. If your question is if there is an add on for the pro that makes the ball spin like the LE there isn't one that does exactly that. There was one that would spin sometimes but not work with the code the same way. Some had node board issues with it and I'm not sure if it is still available.

Edit: Wrote this a while ago and forgot to submit it, now I realize others have addressed the issue.

#5266 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dazzler is a total waste on Sabretooth. You can take the big pussy out without even trying by starting Li'l Deadpool multiball and letting the balls keep draining while ball save is active, which serves them up to the pops over and over. The pops kill sabertooth in seconds.

This works but, Sabretooth is already the easiest of the 3 villian modes and then nothing will be stacked with Lil DP multiball because you would have already finished Sabertooth. In my option the ball save on Lil'l DP is better used on Juggernaught who is harder to kill and requires hits to the risky drops.

#5275 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not with Dazzler and boom it doesn't. Juggernaut goes down easily with her teamup and a boom, then spam the left spinner.

Thats one thing I like about this game there is more than one good strategy.

2 weeks later
#5498 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Check your goodie bag. I thought I read somewhere that all of the pro flat plastic characters that were left off of or replaced on the prem/LE were included in case you wanted to add them. I'm assuming that includes DP in the hammock, but not sure.

I can confirm that these are present in the LE goodie bag including the DP in the hammock. I tried installing it but it looks stupid with the disco ball there and blocks the cool lighting effects from the ball. I removed it later the same day and I'm pretty sure this is why it isn't installed at the factory.

3 weeks later
#5641 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Making this post regarding Katana ramp in case it helps someone out (tldr at bottom of post):
So I just recently became victim of the ever so common chipped katana ramp of entrance. I already took preventive measures with the washer under the call guide and a small strip of Mylar to prevent anymore chipping. I’d like to hear what others have done as well.
That said, I’m coming up on one year of ownership next month. My katana ramp has always been a great-mostly successful shot. When I started doing the preventive maintenance on the ramp entrance, I noticed the ball guide was ever so slightly loose. I’m guessing this guide being loose has something to do with the increased chance to chip the pf (speculative guess). Anyway, I got the washer in place, Mylar set, and made sure to tighten the ball guide firmly. Btw, I’m lazy and did the washer trick which, instead of taking the whole guide apart, I used diags to cut a small gap in the washer, loosen the ball guide, and then slip the washer in place.
Continuing on; ever since doing that, my katana ramp has been crap. Very inconsistent. I thought it was the washer at first, so played with that. Then I tried tightening the guide a hair to the left, then a hair to the right. I couldn’t find any consistency. I was liking my DP less and less and just didn’t feel the same as the first 10 months of owning it. I left it unplayed for a week.
Thankfully, the wife took the kids this past weekend for 4 hours straight. I didn’t not want to give up on DP because I love this game and this was the opportunity I needed to dig in deeper. With no wife and kids in the house, and freshly awaken, it dawned on me before I even took the glass off. The guide was ever so slightly loose before I did preventive maintenance. So...I loosened the nut just a fraction of a hair. Holy shit, what a difference!
TLDR: So if anyone is having inconsistencies with that ramp, try loosening it a fraction of a hair; but be sure you do preventive maintenance on the common chipping pf of the entrance to the ramp first if you do. Now don’t get me wrong, the shot still misses randomly from time to time, but it is much more consistent than how it was with a firmly tightened down ball guide.

I disagree with this. A loose ball guide is likely to be the cause of the chipped katana ramp entrance as you speculated. Cutting a slot in a washer creates more sharp metal corners that could damage the playfield in a difference place. The guide can be easily removed, although it does require removing the katana sword and disconnecting the optos in the handle. You can remove the guide completely and put washers underneath. Then it can be adjusted precisely - in my experience the key part was bending the far end of the guide back towards the back of the machine but a little goes a long way here. My guess is a loose ball guide essentially does the same thing but allows motion of the guide or washers against the playfield. I would not attempt to bend the guide while it is still attached to the playfield. Getting this shot reliable adds a lot to the enjoyment of this game, and can be done with ball guide tight.

1 month later
#5885 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

For anyone with a damaged scoop protector I'd highly recommend you reach out to Cliffy. He sent me a modified Ghostbusters scoop protector, and it works flawlessly. I have no more scoop rejects and it offers a lot more protection in general than the one Stern ships with. It looks like his bent with a radius instead of a straight bend like the stock protector, which is why I think the stock protector is splitting for so many people.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Mine was splitting also, someone watching my stream said I should check the hole protector and sure enough it had cracked. I just ordered a replacement, I mean a real one, from Cliffy.

3 weeks later
#6150 3 years ago

My stock hole protector cracked (thanks to the guy that noticed it on my stream and pointed it out to me). Stern sent me a replacement but I decided to try my luck with a real Cliffy. The Cliffy one actually matches the contour of the wood around hole and makes it a little easier to make the shot.

IMG_2009 (resized).jpegIMG_2009 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 64.99
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider twenty84.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=twenty84 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.