(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider topmoose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10321 2 years ago

I’ve placed my order and will be joining the club in November! In the mean time, where can I get a disco ball shooter rod?

1 week later
#10362 2 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Any distributors have a DP pro in stock? I’d like to join the club

My distributor here in Ohio is out, but I’m told they’re going back on the production line in November. I’ve put down a deposit to reserve one because supplies will be limited.

3 weeks later
#10545 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

So like a number of people in here, I have a deposit down on the next run of Deadpool Premiums. But after seeing the Godzilla reveal yesterday… holy hell… what a pin… what to do?!
Is anyone else in the same boat, wondering whether to jump ship??

I saw the stream and was very impressed with the tower, bridge and rotating targets on the right, but I’m holding on to my DP pro order. Better music, better call outs, fun progressive gameplay and a theme that’s overall more appealing and fun to me.

#10548 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I think what you’ve said is the key to Deadpool. It’s just so much damn fun! Godzilla does have a bit of a serious tone about it which may become a little draining.

Also, highly unpopular opinion: I don’t care for Elwin’s games - they’re far too fussy for my taste. The creativity of the layouts and engineering is fantastic, but they rely way too much on shot accuracy and are far too much work to be enjoyable. I play for fun and to progress a story towards a wizard mode, rather than going for scores. My impression is that his sole focus is to design games for high-pressure tournament play, which is not my thing.

I look forward to your downvotes.

#10561 2 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

I have MBr, ARMr, JP prem, AIQ LE and Deadpool prem. It’s a great balance of challenging and fun. JP and AIQ are challenging and can be work. I don’t know if it was the tweaking of the rule set, but AIQ out of the box I was putting up scores of ~600M and now I can’t break 250M. I play it often, but then usually immediately hit DP.
The Godzilla stream was awesome - the game looks great and that magnet newton ball thingy is really cool. But I need to watch more. I get the reason they chose the monotone radio announcer vibe for the callouts, and the videos during the gameplay were actually pretty funny, but as a player, probably because I’m not that great, I barely see the videos, so its all about the callouts to set the mood of the game. AIQ’s primary issue is that the tone is so serious, Thanos is a dick, and the game is hard, it can be brutal. Only the Hulk callouts are remotely funny. And then you have a good game, get three Gems and Thanos shows up and puts you through a 10 minute grind just to take the gems away from you and tell you that you suck. I prefer the movie code on JP, because it brings levity to what I find to be a hard game. Sam Neil ripping off his glasses when you drain at least takes a bit of the sting away. Any words spoken by Jeff Goldblum are funny.
DP always makes me laugh throughout the whole game, and especially when I drain, it makes me happy. “Must be hard, losin’ all the time!”. Followed by a custom made Deadpool song. The end of ball bonus effect on DP is one of the funniest and most satisfying things. Who else besides me, when you get a ~20M+ end of ball bonus on DP, dances around the room and ends with a hip thrust when the shaker goes off at the end?!? It’s just awesome. If I could only have one pin from my collection, I would choose Deadpool, hands down.

This, entirely.

After exhausting myself to earn a jewel, I have to have the presence of mind and the accuracy to make a perfect single shot that places the jewel on that shot? And then keep in mind where that jewel is for the rest of the game and how it affects gameplay? And then do it five more times while keeping track of which shot does what? And after all that, you still don’t get to fight Thanos? No thank you - collecting jewels is way more fun and satisfying on my TOTAN.

And don’t get me started on that mode where you only get a finite number of flips. Life is too short and too stressful for that nonsense.

Can’t wait for my Deadpool to arrive.

#10576 2 years ago

Just wanted to share that I visited my local arcade to play Deadpool today and, after a few warmup games, I met Mr. Sinister for the first time! My final score was 666M.

So that’s pretty great.

1 month later
#10918 2 years ago
Quoted from OCP2:

Ordered since May, sucks we have to deal with the price increase. I’m going to start looking for a used one.

I was thinking about that too, but asking prices plus shipping are about the same as what I’d pay for NIB. And used games don’t come with technical support.

Also, I predict that one more new game will be announced before DP goes back on the line.

1 week later
#10993 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Most likely. I'd suggest picking up a cheap digital level. I used a phone app at first and it was way off.
I have this one: amazon.com link »

Quoted from JakePG:

I have a digital leveler. My slope is about 6.8 and is level side to side, but bubble leveler on machine is not centered. Not sure what's up

There are also free levels you can download to your phone or tablet.

#11009 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

December delivery was on track for a premium today.

Quoted from Insanity199:

My distributor also told me a couple days ago that Stern confirmed a mid-December build of my Deadpool Premium... at least as it stands now. Can't help but visualize this scene...[quoted image]

Cool. Has anyone heard if Pros will be built at the same time?

#11013 2 years ago

Thank you- I missed that.

1 week later
#11056 2 years ago

I've been on the list since July and was told November or December.

So... any day now, right?

#11087 2 years ago

hit-the-nail-on-the-head-gif (resized).pnghit-the-nail-on-the-head-gif (resized).png

2 weeks later
#11279 2 years ago
Quoted from drwicket:

Seeing updates in other threads about December updates. Anyone heard anything recent for Deadpool? My distributor hasn’t returned my recent inquiries.

I talked to my distributor this weekend and he confirmed that Pros are pushed back to July (at the earliest).

More distressing, I was also told that Stern is going to re-organize their factory soon and only work on one game at a time, rather than running two parallel production lines.

2 months later
#11816 2 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

If you don’t play for points, is there any reason to complete the disco modes or the super jackpots in the multiballs?

Because they’re fun?

1 week later
#11984 2 years ago

Went to my local arcade to play some Deadpool and found that they’d rotated it out of the lineup.

Only 5 more months ‘till mine gets delivered.

1 month later
#12269 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I just posted my most recent mod for Deadpool Pro / Prem / LE in the Pinside shop. I wanted to create something that enhanced the diverter for the orbit and the airball protector for the left ramp. The bullets are custom made replicas of .50 cal bullets with gold-colored casings and copper hollow points. The baseplate is textured metallic red that closely resembles Deadpool's suit. The inserts are laser cut and recessed in the baseplates. I am absolutely loving this game and wanted to make something that fit right in with the theme. The diverter cover or airball cover can each be purchased individually for $45 or can be purchased as a set for $85 ($5 discount for ordering the set). I currently have 50 diverter covers and 50 airball covers built and ready to ship. I included some picture below along with an install video that covers all versions (Pro/Prem/LE). Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.
Pinside Shop Link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1368-hurryuppinball/06614-deadpool-ramp-and-diverter-cover-mods-pro-prem-le
Install Video:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Love it! I’ll probably order one if my Pro ever arrives.
In the mean time, where can one get a set of those interior cabinet protectors?

3 weeks later
#12334 2 years ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Great news...The next run of Deadpools were suppose to be in July/Aug. Herd on the podcast "The pinball show" it got bumped up to end of April and they pushed Jurassic Park back to July/Aug. Talked to my distributor. He talked with Stern and confirmed this. He said I should be getting it early May. Jurassic Park people are super pissed. I can not wait

Exciting news! I ordered my Pro in June 2021. I was told September, which got bumped to January, which got bumped to July. No word from my distributor yet, but I'm glad to hear that it could be very soon.

3 weeks later
#12568 1 year ago

Just got the email that Deadpool is

ON
ITS
WAY!

So excited for my first NIB.

#12614 1 year ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Anxiously awaiting my NIB pro...
So what better to do than order some mods and read...
The plastics at the top of the playfield that have characters on them , I have seen some machines with them as actual figures.. Any idea which ones and where to get???
Thanks in advance - looking very much forward to this..

Me too! Just placed my order at Pinball Life for a Hell House Cliffy, plastic protectors, felt leg pads and shooter lane guard. Now it's a race - will my parts order arrive before the game?

While I was on the Pinball Life site, I noticed that they carry the character figurines, but at $70 each, it doesn't seem like a great deal. There must be a better toy alternative.

#12616 1 year ago

Question from a NIB Noob:

Will the new game come with the latest code pre-loaded or do I need to install it as part of the setup?

#12620 1 year ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

No shaker??? Must have
I ordered a complete cliffy set from Cliff
Anyone have custom Apron cards - care to share your favorites...

Not yet, but in the future. I also want to put a T-Rex shooter rod on it at some point.

1 week later
#12744 1 year ago

Party time! I got it set up, installed a few mods and have already set my personal high score.

20220511_114403_resized (resized).jpg20220511_114403_resized (resized).jpg
20220511_153730_resized (resized).jpg20220511_153730_resized (resized).jpg

Today's task: getting rid of the box, pallate and all those foam blocks.

#12826 1 year ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

Thanks for the pic! Any metal washer ok or better to get some nylon ones?
Edit: I don't know what I was looking at but looks like a metal washer in your pic, so I'm good to go!

Based on advice from a long-ago post, I stacked metal and nylon washers on the supports behind Lil Deadpool and on the Wolverine ball guide. Nylon against the playfield, metal facing up. Both size #8.

#12867 1 year ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

Didn't know this existed, will try to find it. Thank you.
The only setting related to this IC is "Lock Post Hold Power", is this what I'm looking for? Has anyone adjusted this with success and have a number I should target?

Mine is set to sword lock only. The game has SO MANY multi balls, I like that one of them is slightly easier to delay.

#12911 1 year ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

With the newer Deadpools, is the washer/cliffy needed for the katana lock metal guide?
Was looking at older pictures and it seems they increased the outline and raised it a little bit in the newer games.

Quoted from Thomas3184:

They removed some artwork and trimmed away some of the bottom of the rail at the edge. Probably helps a lot more now, it may still dig in a little where the rail contacts the playfield though. Cliffy or washer below is some more insurance if you care.

#8 nylon and stainless steel washers.

Quoted from unclerudy:

Just ordered my Deadpool Pro, and it is supposed to come some time next week. What colors did you guys change the rubbers to if you installed Titans? I was thinking red, but I have clear on my Godzilla, and those look nice.

I just ordered a set of Titans in black, but I was considering translucent or light blue for a while.

#13028 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

It should be but if it isnt its very easy to check and see in the menu. Somethings I did with the settings was
1) I changed it to 10 letters for inputting highscores
2) Turned it to Freeplay
3) I turned down the ball ejection into the shooter lane to "165"
That is just what I did. Not everyone likes that but thats just me

I also lowered my flipper and slingshot power, as well as dimming the GI, inserts and flashers a bit. I was surprised that there's no option to adjust the power on the pops.

Quoted from punkin:

Adult language needs to be turned on too. It's kid safe.

Agreed - he doesn't say anything saltier than "ass."

1 week later
#13181 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Anybody in the club have experience with a game that takes what seems like an extra long time to boot up? From power switch to “Stern” logo splash screen, my new Premium seems to take like 45 seconds. My Batman 66 and Mando both get to that splash screen in maybe 10 seconds tops.
Once Deadpool is on it plays just fine, but thought I’d ask. Don’t want to bother stern or Distro with a non-issue just yet. Thanks!

Deadpool is my first “modern” game so I was also surprised that it takes nearly a minute to boot up (as opposed to my TOTAN, which takes about four seconds). I figured it’s just how these new games work.

#13185 1 year ago
Quoted from loren3233:

Quick question on modes and gameplay.
Is there a mode during gameplay where the flippers stop working? Say a timed multiball mode

You’re probably thinking of the Final Battle. First, you have to hit all the “team up” shots once, then a multiball starts with unlimited ball save. When the timer is up, the ball save turns off and the scoop is lit for a final shot. When a ball falls in, the flippers go dead, the balls drain, and your progress starts over.

#13213 1 year ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

got my katana upgrade today from Lucxor and this thing is gorgeous. Not only that but unbeknownst to me he included stickers for my flippers, which look fantastic and where something I was in the market for anyway. Also threw in a cool Deadpool sticker, but pictures do not do this katana upgrade justice. I thought it was a nice upgrade but now that I've seen it in person next to the default one, I couldn't imagine going back. A++.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is there ever a time where the targets shouldn't be falling when you hit them? I had assumed during some modes perhaps they were supposed to stay in position when the light behind them wasn't lit up during certain modes, but if that's not the case this is definitely something that's happened to me quite a bit with them simply not falling when hit at times.
Can anyone tell me if there's ever a time during a mode the targets are supposed to stay locked up?

Yes - for example, in the T-Rex Quest, hitting one of the lit green shots lowers the drops so you can hit the Lil Deadpool target. If you hit the drops before shooting a green shot, the drops will quickly re-set. Megakrakalodonus Rex wizard mode is similar, but you have to make several lit shots before the drops lower.

#13226 1 year ago

Douze points to @lucxor! I used the purple gel in mine.

20220607_192600_resized (resized).jpg20220607_192600_resized (resized).jpg

#13267 1 year ago

Tonight I got the Sparkly Unicorn Award! (I think that’s what Lil’ Deadpool called it)
Has anyone else come across this?

#13270 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's ace! The unicorn is part of one of the later Lil DP modes. Bounce i think. You hit the shut gates heaps of times, then they open and you hit the targets a couple times to get magic unicorn poo.
Animation is nearly as good as mech or disco.

Yes! I think I had to hit the moving lit shot four times, then hit Lil' Deadpool to lock the ball. The reward is 50 million points plus an increased playfield multiplier for the rest of the game. Not ignoring the mini-modes pays off!

1 week later
#13393 1 year ago

I got to the Final Battle today!

And then the game rebooted in the middle of the mode, so I couldn’t finish it.

1 week later
#13455 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Anyone think about getting the Stern TMNT katana shooter rod and putting it on DEADPOOL? Maybe paint the wrapping red (instead of blue)?

I’d love this, if someone is making them. I also think a disco ball shooter rod would be awesome and I’ve been thinking about buying a Modfather JP T-Rex shooter rod for my Deadpool.

1 week later
#13518 1 year ago

Love my Deadpool but gotta say, I’m not a fan of the “Special ends game” feature. Anyone else feel the same?

#13520 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’ll bite. What are you talking about?

Scoring a special causes the game to shut off and re-boot. Is it a known software glitch or is just my machine?

#13564 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

3) The flippers are angled down a bit. I know I've played some games that I always see them like this, and I figure maybe (just maybe) they put them like this from the factory for a reason on some pins. But as of this moment I hate it. Is this just my pin, or are others arriving like this? And, is there some mystery benefit in Deadpool to have them like this?

I adjusted my flippers up a few degrees, so the tops are even with the ball guides. I know it goes against Gomez’s design but it makes ball control easier and increased my enjoyment of the game tenfold.

I look forward to your downvotes.

#13633 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

How are the outlane posts set from the factory? And do the mini posts between inlane/outlane have rubbers (from the factory)? Thanks!

Out of the box, my outlanes were set wide open and I adjusted them forward. There was no rubber on the mini posts, but if you want to add them, those rings are included in the bag stapled to the inside of the cabinet, along with keychains and extra decals.

2 months later
#14076 1 year ago

I got to the Final Battle with the new code, but unfortunately couldn't get a ball in the scoop in time for the super jackpot last blow. Still, I was still treated to an animation of Mr. Sinister's lab blowing up, followed by a fun new "respawn" graphic. Can't wait to knock out Mr. S. and see what it does.

#14079 1 year ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I got to the Final Battle with the new code, but unfortunately couldn't get a ball in the scoop in time for the super jackpot last blow. Still, I was still treated to an animation of Mr. Sinister's lab blowing up, followed by a fun new "respawn" graphic. Can't wait to knock out Mr. S. and see what it does.

Update: The animation is the same whether you defeat Mr. Sinister or not.

2 months later
#14376 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

Wow! That's amazing! I think I've managed >150 weapons perhaps once. I've never come close to 500 weapons in my ~2 years of ownership. Apparently I need to play better!

In the game settings, I believe you can choose to turn off weapon collection during specific multiball modes. Check your settings - I can get around 300 weapons in a good game.

#14379 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

I believe I kept all the default settings for that. I know I cannot collect weapons during mechsuit MB, but I think I can for all the other multi-ball modes. I get super excited when I can get to 100 weapons and have that permanent 2X playfield bonus going! When collecting 200 weapons, does that give a permanent 3X playfield (and 300 give permanent 4X bonus, etc...)?

I don't know if it's adjustable, but on mine, I get Mechsuit at 50, 2X at 100 Mechsuit at 150, 3X at 200, etc...

#14410 1 year ago

A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

I've had my Deadpool for nearly a year and recently decided to treat it to a full cleaning and wax job. This meant removing the ramps, which is easily done by disengaging two electrical connectors and removing three lock nuts.

What I didn't know was that the rear screw post is connected to the ramp via a swivel and is not hard-welded. I removed the back part first and, while I was trying to ease the front two posts out of their holes, the rear screw swung forward, gouging the playfield. Thankfully, the damage is hidden under the ramp when it's re-assembled, but I waxed the area, let it cure and applied a piece of clear Mylar to prevent any flaking or further damage to the area.

So, if you decide to remove either of the ramps on Deadpool:

1. Disengage the electrical connectors.
2. Remove the three lock nuts and washers.
3. Pull the FRONT of the ramp out first and be careful of that rear swinging post.

20221203_103517_resized (resized).jpg20221203_103517_resized (resized).jpg
20221203_104014_resized (resized).jpg20221203_104014_resized (resized).jpg
20221203_104316_resized (resized).jpg20221203_104316_resized (resized).jpg

#14412 1 year ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Was it actually the screw or do you think the base of the guide was etching its way into the pf over time?

Pretty sure it was the screw - the gouge is on a different angle and is only 1/4 the length of the ramp. But if others had a similar issue, it would be worth reporting.

1 month later
#14567 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Me playing Deadpool: I can see all the shots. This is pretty simple. Which one should I make?
Me playing GZ: Where does that shot go? What just happened? What the...
Full disclaimer: I love DP for the simplicity and think it feels great. I've played GZ a hundred times (with no rule knowledge) and have nearly no idea what I'm doing while thinking it feels yucky. I know, I'm in the minority.

That’s my issue with GZ too. Deadpool has a clear storyline and progression of modes. On GZ should I just go for combos? Or try to complete monster battles? Oops! I somehow started a side mode. Is any of it building to anything? There’s no way to know.

#14590 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

I only have a handful of games on an AIQ, but I agree it lacks the 'weight' and 'soul' of Deadpool. I get the impression the AIQ rules are there for the deep diver, min/max, tournament player types and aren't quite as approachable as Deadpool, either.
Deadpool has that nice balance between "stuff for the casual player" and "stuff for the competitive player" that makes it a good one to have for friends and family. Similar to Batman 66-- easy to learn, (more) difficult to master.
But if you don't care about the "total package" and just want something deep and chewy to work your way through, I do get the impression that AIQ is a good candidate for that. More shots, upper flipper, complex code, trophies, etc.

Same. I think I have an even lower opinion of AIQ than GZ - Elwin's games feel like work, rather than fun. Also, I find them to be too serious, as opposed to Deadpool, which has a great sense of humor.

1 month later
#14686 1 year ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

What does a “typical” game of deadpool feel like to you all. Im no pinball expert but ive had this thing for a year now and it seems to kick my ass more than my walking dead premium…. I rarely finish the three battles to complete the first round of battles. Feel like im flailing too much.

I adjusted the flippers to make ball control easier. Setting them just 1/8” higher makes a world of difference.

As mentioned, make sure the bottom lane posts have rubber and that the outlines are in the bottom position. Also, there’s no shame in adjusting the settings for more extra balls and longer ball save times and lowering (or even removing) the tilt Bob.

It might upset the tournament players and factory-settings purists, but at the end of the day, it’s my game and I like making it to the end of the story.

1 month later
#14784 1 year ago

Got the new 1.09 code installed and played a full game. I didn’t notice any changes in gameplay or rules, except maybe a few new sound cues. Has Stern published patch notes for this release?

3 months later
#14976 9 months ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Played my Deadpool Pro tonight which has been bullet proof for me for several years now but ran into an odd issue. The main insert LEDs are not lighting properly. For example, I start the game and 5x is blinking, I battle t-Rex and his insert doesn’t blink but 3x does. I played sabretooth and his insert doesn’t blink but Sauron’s does. It’s odd. A Led turns on for a mode but it’s just not the right one Has anyone run into this ?

I ran into something similar a few months ago, where all the lights were one off from the lamp matrix. Not sure what caused it, but I unplugged and re-plugged the connectors on the LED boards and that seemed to fix it.

#15009 8 months ago
Quoted from AMartin56:

Apparently I bought the wrong rubber for the Little Deadpool posts...or my family just sucks at missing posts...
This is after about six weeks of play. It's new to us so maybe 500 plays?
Perfect Play from Pinball Life. I like it every where else when combined with Titan low bounce on the flippers but wow. Looks like crime lab ballistics testing...
[quoted image]

I use Titan tapered posts, with the fat end pointed up. They seem to be working pretty well.

2 months later
#15240 6 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I’m new to Deadpool and thinking of getting it next year for my house is the pro a great choice if I’m on a budget compared to spending an extra 3k for the premium ?
Also how do you think this games lasting appeal is?
I want to get a good that I will keep for years to come and still be entertained..
Thanks

I think it’s one of Stern’s best Pro models. The Premium has a few additional features but the Pro is exciting and challenging on its own.

As for longevity, I’ve had mine for about two years and still love playing it. Getting to the Final Battle is tough but not impossible. Also, it’s very mod-able, if you’re into that.

3 weeks later
#15432 5 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I have a bad learning disability so bear with me to read the rules about 20 times and still have some questions. Here are the questions if anyone can help me and has patience.
“Katanarama Time:
Collect 3 diamonds at both ramp shots to begin Katanarama Time. This is a 30-second timed mode where the left orbit, left ramp, right ramp, and right orbit score values that start at 1 million and increase by 250 for each successful shot. This mode can start at any time during play.”
How do I collect three diamonds are both ramps and I guess they’re talking about the left ramp and the katana ramp?
How do I light the small target collosal jackpot ??
Also, does teaming up with characters carry over between balls, or I have to requalify them every time?
Is there a feature setting to make collecting weapons easier? I can’t seem to collect money at all. I play the game on location that was giving me crazy extra balls for collecting weapons. I would like that on my machine.
Next to the last ramp is a guy with guns with a? Light what does this light do exactly is that the mystery light?
Is it a good idea to cancel battles until I have a lot of team ups and start the battles cause I notice I can start battles pretty easily, but I would like to team ups. One team ups are lit. Are they lit blue?
That’s all for now. Thank you very much
One last question what do the icons on the screen mean the ninja star, the gun and the thing in the middle? What are all those mean and what do the health bars for means on the team ups players on screen ?
Thanks a bunch

1. Each time you shoot the left ramp and the Katana ramp, it spots a diamond. Katanarama Time starts when all the diamonds are collected. I believe that the game spots you a few diamonds the first time, and then each subsequent Katanarama Time requires more ramp shots. Note that you don't have to make it all the way up the Katana ramp for the right shot to count - you just have to trigger the opto-switch behind Lil' Deadpool.

2. To light the Colossus Jackpot, shoot the Colossus shot (under the ramp, to the left of the Hellhouse scoop). To collect, you have to hit the shot with enough velocity so it emerges from the loop and hits the backwards-facing target, located next to the lower pop bumper.

3. I think that if you cancel a battle, you still get to keep your team-ups for next time. Not sure, though, since I rarely cancel battles.

4. There are settings that disable weapon collection during certain multiballs. Have a look and make sure they're all set to collect weapons.

5. Yes - the "?" insert indicates that the mystery award is ready to be collected at the scoop. You can light it by spelling "DEAD" and "POOL" on the side targets.

6. Team-ups are a strategic move - especially since they're harder to get the deeper you get into a game. I try to wait to get a Wolverine team-up until the 2nd round of battles, because those enemies are harder to defeat unassisted. Dazzler is a good team-up against Mistique, since she gives you extra time. I find that Domino is a good ally against Sabertooth, since you'll be making the right lane shot anyway. If you want, you could cancel battles before getting more team-ups, but then you have to re-light it and spelling DEAD is sometimes challenging.

7. When the little blue triangular inserts are lit, it indicates that you've achieved that teamup. The health bars on the screen give you an idea of how many more shots are required to get that teamup.

8. On the screen, the ninja star icon indicates the number of ninjas you've ghosted. The gun indicates the number of weapons you've collected. The thing in the middle is a chimichanga and shows how many chimichangas you've earned. All these things add up in your end-of-ball bonus.

Please correct me if I'm wrong about any of this.

#15434 5 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Thank you so much you made my day now I understand …. Many thanks for your humility and patience
Quick clarification, do you have to hit the left ramp and katana ramp back to back to get a diamond?
As far as the weapons for enabled during multiball I looked through it all but couldn’t find it … maybe it’s named something different I want my game to collect as many weapons as possible for extra balls…
Thanks a ton!

Ramps don’t have to be shot back to back to add diamonds. Each ramp has its own “ladder” of diamond inserts on the playfield. The blinking diamond will tell you which ramp it wants you to shoot next to advance towards Katanarama Time.

I’ll check my manual later about which menu options control weapon collection and report back (Unless someone beats me to it).

#15441 5 months ago

Following up - for maximum weapons:

Feature Adjustment 29: 2x weapons for combos, set to Yes
Feature Adjustment 20: Max weapons per combo: set to 5
Feature Adjustment 19: combo difficulty: set to Easy
Feature Adjustment 21: weapon combo timer: set to 8 seconds
Feature Adjustment 23 through 28: bank weapons during certain modes: set all to yes

#15472 5 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

What do ninja stars do and what are ghost ninjas ? It doesn’t say anything about it in the rules I’m so confused … can anyone explain please thanks

When you're not in a battle, quest or multiball, pop bumpers spawn ninjas - after a certain number of pop bumper hits, you'll notice that ninjas appear on the LCD screen to attack Deadpool while he's trying to play pinball. On the playfield, one of the shots lights purple for each ninja. Shoot that shot to kill (or "ghost") the ninja.

Ninjas don't give too many points, but they do count towards your end of ball bonus. Depending on your settings, a certain number of ghosted ninjas will light the extra ball.

#15483 5 months ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Ehh, there's nothing in this update for DP other than the common firmware changes that went out to all machines, it seems.

Yeah, I just did a playthrough with the new code and didn't notice any changes. I was hoping for some new callouts or graphics. Maybe someday they'll finish the animations at the end of the Final Battle.

#15529 5 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Just couple quick rules verification are the flashing white X lights, weapons to collect?
On the second mini Deadpool it says switches are worth more what are considered switches? Stand up targets and spinners?
Also what is ninjacopayblse and what does it do ?
Thanks a bunch

1. Correct - when you hit a shot, the white weapons lights go on for a few seconds. hit a shot while the white weapons light is lit to earn a weapon.

2. All switches score on Lil' Deadpool Frenzy - pops, spinners, drops, standups, kick switches, rollovers and optos. A good strategy would be to focus on the left spinner, which feeds to the top lanes and pop bumpers. Also, stacking it with a multiball is a good idea.

3. Combo shots will earn you weapons, but one specific combo - right orbit followed immediately by the katana ramp - is a Ninjapocalypse. It gives some extra points and spots you a few Ninja kills. Each subsequent Ninjapocalypse scores a few more points and ninja kills. Depending on your settings, you can also earn the title of "Ninjapocalypse Champion" and enter your initials. Note that you have to make it all the way up the katana ramp for Ninjapocalypse to count.

#15559 5 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Thanks for the suggestion but All I changed was moving the posts down and maximum weapons it is still challenging for me I still often get 30/100 mil games
Still fun and challenging for me
Still having trouble hitting standup targets although my orbit hits are getting better
My current set up is fine and challenging as it is rarely I will blow it up and get a couple billion but it’s a rare a chance..
Just had ten 30 million games in a row lol
I have no idea remotely possible how you hit the stand up targets with the flippers without a ricochet it’s impossible for me
I would honestly say my average score is about 50 million because I cannot get past juggernaut

Try reducing the power on your flippers. Sometimes, if the drop targets get hit too hard with a direct shot, the ball just bounces off and the targets don’t fall down. Overpowered flippers might also explain why Snikts are so easy for you.

3 months later
#16084 53 days ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

So I doubt anyone has this answer but I'll ask anyway.
Are you allowed to make Final Battle twice in a game?
I did that, or should have... completed all the battles (including the Sauron rounds) and quests a second time in a single game... but Final Battle didn't light the second time. Tested it with the glass off, and got the game into the same state - no battles or quests are available, but Final Battle won't light after doing it once and completing everything again. I can collect chimichangas, do Disco and Ninja multiballs, Lil Deadpool modes, Katanarama, Berserker, but there's no quest/battle progress available. Anyone else ever seen or observed this?

Correct - you can’t play the Final Battle twice. You can complete all the battles, quests and boss modes a second time, but progress stops at that point.

1 week later
#16105 44 days ago
Quoted from Rich_Ice:

I have this game but sometimes question why. Someone needs to create a video with steps how to progress through the game. Like step 1. hit this target. Step 2. hit this target and so on. The idea of multiple options to complete one task or multiple ways to start playing or multiple tasks at the same time seems like a hassle. Sometimes I think it might be more enjoyable if it was coded like a game from the eighties. Has anyone seen a step by step video of game play? I've searched and cannot find one.

Bowen doesn’t get all the way through the game, but he does give a pretty good explanation of what to do.

Jack Danger does get through the game - his play through might also help.

#16109 44 days ago
Quoted from mostater:

You're right and the newer games have more complicated rules. DP happens to be one of the simpler ones, however. No wrong way to progress through the game since there are only a set # of battles and quests to do to get to the Mr. Sinister modes and then the final battle. If you prefer scoring over progression, aim for SNIKT as much as possible and get those multiballs going. I suppose the better players end up doing both...which isn't me

Agreed, story progression is relatively simple:

1. Battle and defeat all three villains, play a boss battle.
2. Complete both quests, play a boss battle.
3. Battle and defeat all three villains again (but harder this time), play a boss battle.

Once all that's done, play the Final Battle. As mostater said, you can do them in any order. The rest of the game is just side quests and distractions, but you can use them strategically.

1. Use multiballs to help complete and re-light battles.
2. Team-ups can help you complete the battles, especially in the 2nd round.
3. Booms are useful in completing your objectives.

That's pretty much the whole game. Don't bother focusing on Berserker Rage, Katanarama Time, Lil Deadpool Bounce, Ninjapocalypse, weapons, bonus X, regeneration, mystery awards or snikts - they'll happen on their own during the course of the game and shouldn't be actively pursued if you're going for story progress.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider topmoose.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=topmoose and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.