(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,196 posts
  • 1,083 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by drwicket
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7899 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1688 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240327_001906_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_001709_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpg
IMG_8453 (resized).jpg
IMG_8454 (resized).jpg
IMG_8455 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240323_200809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240326_153304_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240326_103932 (resized).jpg
20240326_103906 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoneyfl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1867 5 years ago

I installed the side armor today. To be honest I was expecting a bit more than a powder coated metal frame and a cardboard sword for $250. I'm not going to return them, but I probably won't be getting the topper based on this experience.

I still LOVE the game, I'm just disappointed with the quality of the side armor. If it I'd spent $80 or $100 I'd be happy, but this is not worth $250 IMO.

20190222_182931 (resized).jpg20190222_182931 (resized).jpg20190222_182832 (resized).jpg20190222_182832 (resized).jpg20190222_182917 (resized).jpg20190222_182917 (resized).jpg Added over 5 years ago:

Edit: I'm not sure how I overlooked this, but the armor frame is plastic, not metal. So we have plastic frames with some cardboard. For $250. I don't feel this is worth anywhere even approaching $250.00.

#1884 5 years ago

Newb owner, didn't realize high scores got reset with a firmware update. Oh well, at least I got a picture.

#1888 5 years ago

I like the new 0.99 changes, but I'm in total agreement with those who don't care for the Disco mode GI change. I just hit that, and it the awesome disco mood is gone. Something about the lights going out when the cheesy (but awesome) disco mode starts just felt cool.

Stern, please give us the option to keep Disco as it was!

#1969 5 years ago

Hello everyone.

Deadpool is the first machine I've owned, but I'm hooked and it won't be my last. I've not really played any pinball since the late 80s. I had the top score on High Speed at my local mall for a long time, but I'm super rusty now. My high score on Deadpool is a meh 400,000,000 so far (v0.98), and I'm starting to score in the 200,000,000+ range with some regularity.

I had my Pro set to dead center on the bubble for the first few weeks, but when I checked it yesterday with an app on my phone it said 7.2°. So I reduced it to 6.9° and now it seems like I can't hit the left ramp shot to save my life. I'm pretty decent at hitting the katana shot—and I'm still hitting that with about the same consistency after the adjustment—but something feels off with the left ramp. Or maybe I'm just having a bad run since I adjusted it yesterday.

With the v0.99 changes I'd expect my scores to improve, but I feel like I'm playing worse since I adjusted to 6.9°.

Any thoughts on the above, as well as any general tips would be cool.

I've already learned a ton from this thread and the forum, so thanks!

#1978 5 years ago

Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I maybe just needed a little more time to adjust to the feel of 6.9° vs 7.2°. Tonight I had my second and fourth best game, and my wife beat her previous best score by more than 2 times!

I also installed Pin Stadium lighting today, so that may have played some role as well. It's amazing how much better I can see what's going on now, and no more glare from the overhead lights.

Deadpool is truly a great game. I can't stop playing it.

#1988 5 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Share some pics with the lighting!

Will do! Actually I don't think pics do it justice, so tonight I'll shoot some 4k video footage and get that posted. In addition to the Pin Stadium lighting, I also just installed the motorized disco ball, the backboard LED lighting kit and the trough lighting kit all from @lermods. I also have the shaker motor, the katana side armor and a set of art blades from Tilt Graphics. I'm really happy with the improvements to an already great game.

I'm having a hard time justifying the official topper, but my resolve is weakening.

#1992 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

To me DP shines with some form of anti-glare glass, but frankly any $5k and up game deserves it.

I agree. The glare on my DP Pro was driving me nuts. That's one of the big reasons I purchased Pin Stadium lighting. Now I can play with the overhead lights off, and there is zero glare. It's a nice alternative to anti-glare glass, especially if you like to play in the dark like me.

#1994 5 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Do you have the backbox lighting go dim while you're playing? That was the biggest issue I had was the glare off the backbox. I adjusted the backbox lighting to 8% when a game is started. Same with Maiden too. Huge difference.

Prior to installing the Pin Stadium lighting my biggest gripe was the overhead lighting that I had to keep on to actually see the playfield. The glare from that lighting was terrible.

After reading your comment I just went up and played a few games (got my second best score ever!) with all external lights off, Pin Stadium lighting on, and the backbox on full brightness, and I didn't see any glare from the backbox whatsoever.

I should have some video footage soon. I'm waiting for Amazon to deliver a camera adapter I need to get some decent overhead footage.

#1995 5 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

Prior to installing the Pin Stadium lighting my biggest gripe was the overhead lighting that I had to keep on to actually see the playfield. The glare from that lighting was terrible.

After reading your comment I just went up and played a few games (got my second best score ever!) with all external lights off, Pin Stadium lighting on, and the backbox on full brightness, and I didn't see any glare from the backbox whatsoever.

I should have some video footage soon. I'm waiting for Amazon to deliver a camera adapter I need to get some decent overhead footage.

#2023 5 years ago

I don't want to x-post, so here's a link to the Pin Stadium before/after pix: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/78#post-4873754

I'll have some video this weekend.

#2029 5 years ago

I've noticed on several (more than 10) occasions that if I select a battle using the two flipper buttons, sometimes it chooses an opponent other than the one I've highlighted. I've never had that happen if I use the Boom button to select the battle. I've seen this behavior in .97, .98 and .99.

Has anyone else had that happen?

#2034 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

It looks fake. I hope it's fake. Jeez that looks bad.

It's not fake. It's just a straight cell phone shot and then resized. That said, it doesn't look like that in real life. There are dimples, of course, but I think the reflections in the "before" shot were just super unlucky and made things look way worse than they actually are. This definitely wasn't intentional.

I'll post some video footage this weekend that should hopefully provide a more accurate representation.

Edit: actually, here's another shot from a different angle (Pin Stadium lighting off).

2019-03-02 15.09.58 (resized).jpg2019-03-02 15.09.58 (resized).jpg
#2065 5 years ago
Quoted from oldmanpinball:

so far this game has gone from OK to fantastic. i don't think meany people will be looking to sell.
do other people feel the same ???

Not a chance I'd sell this game! Me, my friends and my wife all agree that DP is one of the best pinballs we've ever played. I've played it literally every day since I brought home about a month ago. And each code update makes it even better (disco mode lighting in 0.99 the lone exception, but that'll be fixed in 1.00). Stern knocked this one out of the park.

#2138 5 years ago

I've been in a slump the past few days, then this evening after work I broke my high score of ~400,000,000 on my first ball! I was stoked to possibly be on my way to my first billion game.

Nope. Must be hard, losing all the time.

Next couple of balls drained pretty quickly. Wound up just shy of 500,000,000. Damn it! Oh well, can't complain. I love playing even when I'm screwing up. Such a fun game! I feel very fortunate to have this in my home. I'll be playing again after dinner.

1 week later
#2203 4 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Just want y'all to know I and Rob with Lermods have been talking and working on solutions for the disco ball. He's been very responsive and great to work with!

Scott is awesome. Let me know what you guys work out. I've noticed the noise, but it doesn't really bug me too much. The un-premium/LE behavior seems like a tough nut to crack. One thought I had was to add some sort of delay, say 2 seconds, to prevent the ball from coming on when the disco mode flasher is not solid. If that's possible from a technical standpoint, the behavior would be almost identical to the Premium/LE machines.

In any event, I still think it's a great mod and have zero regrets.

#2259 4 years ago
Quoted from gman88:

Any reco's or pics you can share would be great along with the best place to purchase (need to ship to Canada) Thanks!

Another vote for Tilt Graphics! I like the design much better then the design of Stern's blades, which adds more red to an already very red game. The installation was surprisingly easy, too.

I also bought the side armor from Stern, and I agree with Wotto — they look pretty good, but are kind of a ripoff for the money. Would not recommend.
7108b7e5766748d3c6e7c1c1247c66993c870c97 (resized).jpg7108b7e5766748d3c6e7c1c1247c66993c870c97 (resized).jpg756a0b3397263dbd17dd9255c138018d635fa3cc (resized).jpg756a0b3397263dbd17dd9255c138018d635fa3cc (resized).jpgc9db466e2c3cfd9fb5e378b508e9254b3315a019 (resized).jpgc9db466e2c3cfd9fb5e378b508e9254b3315a019 (resized).jpg1dfb8db183d648f90c021416ebf3625133d72df7 (resized).jpg1dfb8db183d648f90c021416ebf3625133d72df7 (resized).jpg

#2267 4 years ago

I picked up one of those 3D stickers on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010TFOLA0/
) and put it on the coinbox. I think it looks pretty good there, too.

deadpool_20190406_151142-Edit (resized).jpgdeadpool_20190406_151142-Edit (resized).jpg
#2269 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I'm having trouble finding the service bulletin for the Kitana sword shot. Wasn't there something to adjust on the PF to make the shot smoother from the left flipper?

Hrm, I don't recall seeing one. AFAIK there have not been any service bulletins for Deadpool as of yet.

#2276 4 years ago

I love my Tilt art blades, but the mirrors look pretty sick on this game, too!

#2296 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hopefully Deadpool's next update has this system functionality just added to Munsters 0.98:
Added UTIL->SAVE and UTIL->LOAD which save and restore all game settings
to / from a USB thumbdrive.
LONG overdue.

Ah, good to know! I hope so, too.

I wonder if that includes high scores being maintained? Although I kind of get why those are reset between FW version updates, but I still hate to see them wiped out.

#2298 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's detailed in the overall VERY lame 0.98 Munsters update (the system update is the star and like 70% of the text for the update):

Nice, thanks for the great information! Sorry that you were disappointed in the 0.98 updates specific to your game, though. Deadpool's 0.99 was excellent, so fingers crossed for a more robust 0.99 Munsters update.

#2317 4 years ago

Nice update! Installing now....

#2325 4 years ago

I love that we can save settings and high scores now. The new attract mode videos are well done, and a nice touch. I noticed some new graphics and other cool touches, too. I can't wait to meet Megakrakolodonus Rex.

I just played a test game after setting Disco Multiball to "Dark" and was very happy.

Looking forward to digging in a bit more after work.

#2346 4 years ago

That was really cool of Stern. I wanted to buy the soundtrack from them when I first bought the game, but they wouldn't sell it to me. So I extracted it from the firmware. Sorrynotsorry.

It's a great soundtrack. I don't even like country music, and I think "Eatin' Chimichangas" is badass.

#2413 4 years ago
Quoted from balt:

How complete is the Deadpool soundtrack that was released? Isn't there a disco song that was not included?
[quoted image]

You can buy Pinball Browser for like 20 bucks and export the complete songs (and anything else you like). That's what I did when I first bought the game because the soundtrack wasn't available and I dig it.

#2470 4 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Went out to take a look at my Deadpool on location as I got a message last night that the scoop wasn't registering. Lifted the playfield and saw a wire broke off the switch. I thought "Cool! I'll just solder that thing back on and get out of here". Ahhhh...NOPE! The entire lug broke off right flush with the switch body. I've never seen something like that. Ever.

Ugh. This exact same thing just happened to me today after only a couple months of play on our home DP. I guess I'll see if they can send me a new assembly or something.

#2473 4 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Went out to take a look at my Deadpool on location as I got a message last night that the scoop wasn't registering. Lifted the playfield and saw a wire broke off the switch. I thought "Cool! I'll just solder that thing back on and get out of here". Ahhhh...NOPE! The entire lug broke off right flush with the switch body. I've never seen something like that. Ever. Especially on a game that I've not even had for 2 months.

This exact thing happened to me on my home machine that's only a couple months old. This is my first pin, and I've never worked on one before, so I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing here. I've attached a picture of the removed assembly. It looks like the middle lug (which is broken off) is where the green wire should go, and the upper lug is not used. Is that correct?

So it looks like I need to order Part #180-5209-00 and then solder it up. Are there any other tricks to get this working in the meantime? I expect the order will take a week or so.

Kind of annoying that this happened, especially on an almost new home machine.

Thanks for any insight from you pros!

2019-04-22 08.48.36 (resized).jpg2019-04-22 08.48.36 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2475 4 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

This exact thing happened to me on my home machine that's only a couple months old.

I got a call back from the distributor who sold me my Deadpool. They said the warranty was 2 months on this part, and I've had my machine for almost 3 months. They are going to do what they can, but said Stern may not cover the failed assembly. Seriously? If they don't make it right then that's shitty on about 10 different levels. It shouldn't even be a question.

If Stern doesn't do the right thing and replace the coil and vertical upkick assembly (maybe $15 their cost) which failed after less than 3 months of home use, then I'm done with Stern. It's not the money, it's the principle.

#2478 4 years ago

I agree with that. How is the play field holding up? Is there wood grain? Dimpling?

Plenty of dimpling, but I think that's fairly normal. No grain, ghosting, planking or other serious PF issues so far.

Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Until they release and SHIP_ the next amazing theme. And you are in again.

Don't count on it. I'm pretty chill about most stuff, but I'm really bad about holding a grudge if I feel like there's been an injustice.

#2480 4 years ago

I did my best to salvage the sheered off hub on the vertical upkick, but no joy. I'm having serious Deadpool withdraws right now.
2019-04-22 20.33.34 (resized).jpg2019-04-22 20.33.34 (resized).jpg

#2485 4 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

I had the exact same thing happen too [quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, same wire/lug as the rest of us, too. Lame.

Stern should A) Take care of those of us who've been affected by this obvious defect B) Stop being penny wise and pound foolish. Saving a couple cents here and there is going to wind up doing a ton of long term damage to their brand.

Quoted from scottslash:

stoneyfl -- I love that holder tool!

Me too, it's worth its weight in gold!

#2493 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Can you explain this statement? Is it more than just the switch? I mean, I agree that this particular scoop has a bad design flaw since the one I play on location has had the switch replaced twice already. But it's a $3.95 part at Pinball life and they will have it to you in about 3 days. Even though your game is out of warranty, Stern will probably send your distributor the switch for free. And if they don't, like I said, it's just a $4 switch. Switches go bad frequently and I would order a few so you can have some spares on hand.

I definitely realize that it's a super inexpensive part, and hopefully Stern will do the right thing and replace it. When I called my distributor I didn't expect them to even hesitate to send the replacement since it's a really cheap part, the game is nearly new, it's used in a private residence/not commercially and the root cause of the issue seems to be either a design flaw or a cheaply sourced switch.

When I bought the machine I found the short and rather nebulous "2-9 month" warranty to be really strange for a $6,000+ item. It gave me pause, but my distributor told me that if I had any problems they'd take care of me. So there's that, too.

This is my first home pinball machine, so maybe part of the problem is that I need to adjust my expectations. Metal balls being knocked around at high speed tends to break shit.

I'm really hooked, and am planning to pick up a couple more machines over the next year. A mechanical failure won't suck as much with other machines to play.

I totally get that working on these machines is a big part of the hobby, and I'm cool with that (and even looking forward to it).

But yeah, in retrospect I think I was a bit rash with my post.

#2495 4 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

What i do : even after 6 months or 1 year , i simply email Stern ( David ) and they always replaced my part , tell them what's up , the problem ... it happend about 4 times over 8 years of owning Stern's . Pretty Magical

Thanks, that's really good to hear!

#2496 4 years ago

I heard back from the folks who sold me my Deadpool:

"I was told to go through the warranty process and they will get back to me in a few days to make their decision. I closed your Case and created this WO so I could do that. If it does go through you will have to return the old mech. I will follow up with you in a few days. thanks."

Seriously?

I'm genuinely curious. Is this standard? Because Stern could have sent me a $4.00 part that weighs about as much as a paperclip and been done with this. But instead they want to make it into a long, drawn out process.

I actually ordered the part I need and a bunch of extra parts from Pinball Life yesterday, so about the only thing Stern's reaction has done is make me not want to give them any more of my money.

#2501 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I usually email Chas ([email protected]) and cc my distributor and tell them the problem. 9 times out of 10 Chas asks me for my game's serial number and shipping address, verifies it, then he sends me the replacement part. Fairly trouble free.

Quoted from PinMonk:

I would have just contacted Stern directly. Best results in general. Your distributor sounds kind of crappy though. Why don't they go out of pocket for a $5 switch to keep a customer happy? Who are they?

Perhaps another example of me not being familiar with the pinball industry. In my experience the distributor is the preferred point of contact by design, and the manufacturer wants nothing to do with the end user.

Game Room Guys sold me my machine.

#2511 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ya reseated everything, and nothing. I’m so fucked my wife comes home in an hour and finds a broken game after dropping over 5 grand. Haha gonna be so fun

I feel ya, man. I'm in that same boat right now.

#2562 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

What’s your highest bonus multiplier?

I thought 5x was the limit for some reason, but I got 6x on my best game so far during a pretty good Mechsuit multiball. I think I scored about 170m on the Multiball + 6x bonus for an extra ~43m.

I thought I was going to join the 1 Billion club on that game, but came up a little short.

#2603 4 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

I'm late to the party. Initiation will be getting this unboxed and onto the 2nd floor. Yes!!!
[quoted image]

My wife and I got ours upstairs, and even around a really tight turn halfway up. It was a challenge, but it can be done! Good luck. Hopefully the weight training machine shown in the photo you posted has been put to good use.

Have fun!

#2613 4 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

That's the same situation now. Tight turn, but I have a harbor freight hand truck and straps.

We actually abandoned our appliance dolly at the turn/mid-landing. I wound up sort of deadlifting and (carefully) flipping the machine up the second set of stairs, and that went surprisingly well.

I think for our next pin we're going to order it locally with white glove service. I'm too old for this shit.

#2682 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Try these - they are very good quality and look awesome.
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/?lightbox=dataItem-jr11z4z0

Another vote. Super happy with Tilt Graphics. Easy to install, look fantastic.

756a0b3397263dbd17dd9255c138018d635fa3cc (resized).jpg756a0b3397263dbd17dd9255c138018d635fa3cc (resized).jpg
#2702 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Definitely. Gameroomguys should be your last resort.

I ordered my Deadpool through Gameroom Guys, and I was really happy with how quickly they shipped, and how much time they spent with me answering pre-sale questions.

I did have a part fail after a couple of months, and that was a little more hassle than I expected, but they (and Stern) eventually did the right thing in the end. Two Pinsiders DM'd me during all of that, and didn't have good things to say about GRG. Can I ask why GRG seems to be not so highly regarded here?

2 weeks later
#3011 4 years ago

The stream sounds I've heard on Wonka are just not good. It kind of sounds like a casino, with slot machine jackpots going off in the background everywhere, but for kids.

This, 100%. I'm a mostly an online hold 'em player, but I go to Vegas a few times per year specifically to play live cards. After a few hours of play the slots get tuned out, but they sure are annoying until then. When I saw/heard the Wonka footage I thought the same thing as you did. Took it right off my list for that reason alone.

#3087 4 years ago

Define cruel.

deadpool highscore (resized).jpgdeadpool highscore (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3252 4 years ago

A ball popped up and cracked this plastic piece. Does anyone know where I can pick up a replacement?

20190605_100151 (resized).jpg20190605_100151 (resized).jpg
#3264 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Call or contact Chas at Stern and send a photo. See if they will mail you one.

Thanks. I emailed Chas, and he's going to get a replacement out to me!

#3289 4 years ago
Quoted from x-rug-x:

So I got my Side Armor the other day and finally got a round to installing it. These are so flimsy that there's a 3/8" (or more) gap between the bottom part of the armor and the game. Looks horrible, actually.

Agreed. The left side of my Side Armor has the same gap, if not a little worse. The right side (which in my setup is more visible) is not as bad. Don't get me started on the paper "sword". For $250, it's a total money-grab ripoff. I avoided the topper based on the quality of the Side Armor.

Anyway, I decided to not return the armor because I didn't feel like bothering with it, but I probably won't be purchasing any more Stern modifications.

#3309 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Deadpool’s hand on head reaction was much more civilized than mine. Sooooooo close.

Ouch. I know just how you feel: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/62#post-5013904

2 months later
#4076 4 years ago

A few days ago the black service menu button stopped working on my DP Pro. Everything else seems fine, and I can't see any loose or disconnected wires. The other three buttons on that plate work fine. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

1 week later
#4153 4 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

A few days ago the black service menu button stopped working on my DP Pro. Everything else seems fine, and I can't see any loose or disconnected wires. The other three buttons on that plate work fine. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

I also meant to note that a couple days before the service menu button stopped working, the service menu would come up after rebooting the pinball machine. Hitting the service menu button would close out service mode and start normal operation. Now after a reboot the game comes up normally, but the service menu button will not work. I've tried wiggling the wires around while pressing the button and nothing helps.

Any thoughts on how I can fix this and regain access to the service menu?

Thanks!

#4155 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Do the volume buttons work?

They do. All three of the other buttons work fine.

#4170 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, that's good. I was afraid they were all out, which is very bad since those are handled by Node 0 and that's the CPU board, so it's a bad deal if that's the problem.
Did you reseat the connectors at the CPU board?
If you manually close the switch leads momentarily, can you make the switch work? I'm wondering if the switch is just mechanically bad.

It doesn't look like the actual switch is bad. I went all the way back to the node board and was able to adjust the volume up and down and add credits by manually closing the pins with a paperclip. The only one that didn't work was the service menu pin. See attached screenshot.

Could it be a partial failure of the node board? Think I should email Chas @ Stern at this point?

Thanks much for taking a look and for the ideas!

20190913_132501 (resized).jpg20190913_132501 (resized).jpg
1 year later
#7538 3 years ago

I don't post much, but the new code update inspired a de-lurk.

I LOVE the new code, and appreciate that Stern continues to polish and improve an already outstanding pin. This firmware update was impressive enough for me to boost my existing high rating for this machine. Tremendous work, Stern—thank you.

I did notice something odd that is worth mentioning. A few games after the update, I heard the VUK fire a few times in a row while the ball was in play, then a message flashed on the screen for a few seconds indicating a VUK failure. With the ball still active on the playfield, the machine then began a ball search. Shortly after the ball search started, all the remaining balls began to fire out into the shooter lane in rapid succession. At that point I power cycled the machine, and all seemed well after that (we played about another 10 games or so). I also physically examined the the VUK, and it looks fine (we've had one break in the past).

This glitch might have been a coincidence, but after nearly 10,000 games played I've never seen anything like that happen before.

For reference, I did a quick code update with a check (my usual method), and everything seemed to go well. Perhaps I'll do a full update today. Can't hurt.

Hopefully it was a one-off, but thought I'd bring it up here just in case anyone else experiences something similar.

2 weeks later
#7718 3 years ago
Quoted from DavisAZ:

Hi - I just upgraded to v1.05 code and now every couple games the playfield lights just start randomly blinking or staying on. Example - before launching the ball, instead of a single lane lit at the top for skill shot, 2 or 3 are lit or blinking... sometimes all. Doesn’t happen every game single game, but at least 1 out of 3 games.

I experienced the exact same issue about a year ago. I suppose it could be a bad lamp board or serial lamp cable (I suspect the code update is merely a coincidence), but in my case it turned out to just be a loose connection—perhaps caused by the shaker motor or my slightly aggressive "english"

Lamp board data is passed from the node board to the lamp board, so what I did is start by wiggling the lamp cable connections from the node board to the first lamp board, and that made the lamps malfunction. I then followed the serial lamp chain up to the 8C lamp board. Reseating everything solved the problem, and it's never come back.

3 weeks later
#8021 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I did notice that I haven't beaten the very low 'Lil Deadpool Frenzy high score, though I am certain that I have... anyone else notice this new high score for that mode not working or am I just imagining it?

Thanks for posting about this. I noticed the low default high score this morning, and wondered how I'd never beat it before. I fired up a game and easily beat the default high score, but it did not update or ask me to enter initials. Seems like this may be a bug.

2 weeks later
#8138 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

My same thoughts
Great carpet. And oddly the second post I’ve made this week about great game room carpet!

I love the carpet, too. This is also the second post this week I've made about great game room carpet!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
Shooter rods
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 210.00
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoneyfl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=stoneyfl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.