(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4,329 posts
  • 416 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by mjs2
  • Topic is favorited by 169 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 978 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 4.25.35 PM (resized).png
050-deadpool (resized).jpg
20191004_094910.jpg
523F64C8-1E30-4288-812E-E12DDFA8D1D4 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
IMG_20190912_110520 (resized).jpg
20190804_183413 (resized).jpg
20190804_183358 (resized).jpg
373D317B-C13E-4907-8973-9460E165C450 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0283 (resized).JPG
ninja (resized).jpg
flipper (resized).jpg
balls (resized).jpg
cNSc+iasTNGLlGLTSwXcMw (resized).jpg
Capture780 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

31 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #264 Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (1 year ago)

Post #270 Troubleshooting the Katana ramp shot Posted by chuckcasey (1 year ago)

Post #385 Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (1 year ago)

Post #414 Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (1 year ago)

Post #544 Post Rubbers wearing Posted by HighProtein (1 year ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (1 year ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (1 year ago)

Post #725 External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (1 year ago)

Post #889 Deadpool "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (11 months ago)

Post #894 Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (11 months ago)

Post #1032 Post Rubbers - Not installed by default (George's decision) Posted by Marcdaddy (11 months ago)

Post #1078 Snikt Target Adjustment Photos - Instructions in post #1081 Posted by Robertstone0407 (11 months ago)

Post #1092 Deadpool "ChimiFire" flaming truck Mod by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (11 months ago)

Post #1305 Disco Multiball - Premium/LE instructions Posted by nicknack66 (10 months ago)

Post #1408 Color Bracket mods for inserts by Pin Monk Posted by vireland (9 months ago)

Post #1504 Disco Loop Reject/Airball fix Posted by cpr9999 (9 months ago)

Post #1689 Drop Bank Issues - Check here Posted by Ferrone (8 months ago)

Post #1867 Deadpool Pro with Katana side armor installed Posted by StoneyFL (7 months ago)

Post #2147 Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Hooked on Pinball Posted by HOOKED (6 months ago)

Post #2155 Stern Ninja Star bumper cap kit Posted by twenty84 (6 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider speederice.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 1 year ago

We have a Pro on order to put on location at our local comic book/games shop. If anyone is in the Atlantic City, NJ area next month - come by and check it out!

1 week later
#96 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thanks for confirmation. Very strange.
What about missing some sort of gate to prevent the ball from going back into the shooter lane? I dont see any spot where a gate would attach, but at least 1 time each game the ball seems to find its way back there and autolauch then needs to fire it back out.

On mine, the ball goes back into the shooter lane quite a bit on right orbit shots. You can also hold the left flipper when the autolauncher fires, and it will give you another super skill shot opportunity. I thought it would be a potential scoring exploit for a good shooter.

Mine was missing those post rubbers too but they are in the goodie bag stapled inside the machine. I wonder how many operators will miss this and leave the ones out on location without the rubbers.

#99 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I noticed that also now, thx.
I am guessing that they were purposefully removed from posts due to extra long ball times???

Good question. I had a group of friends of various skill levels over to play this past weekend. Ball times were not anything out of the ordinary and were actually pretty quick for some of the newer players - that Lil' Deadpool shot has a tendency to carom and center drain pretty quick if you are still working on the locks/drops. We had one player have a monster ball where they completed all three villain battles in one ball, but that was one game out of five hours worth.

1 week later
#203 1 year ago
Quoted from T-800:

Hard right orbit shots sometimes bounce up and get knocked down and stopped, I think by the katana sword lock? anyone else experience this and find an easy fix?

+1 for this. I have had shots fire up into the back right corner of the cabinet and now I fear for my chimichanga truck's life.

#226 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I can't believe the game was released with the ball able to go back into the shooter lane for no purpose. It completely disrupts flow. Maybe stern will release a fix for it, but I don't think I've ever come across this in a game before.

The ball falls back into the shooter lane in Who Dunnit quite a bit, but because Deadpool requires that right orbit shot for a number of things, it is a strange design quirk. Because you can use the left flipper to get another chance at the super skill shot, I wonder if we will see anyone deliberately doing that in competitive tournaments.

We also had the scoop screw issue pop up last night while playing on location. Luckily, the arcade owner was right there and thanks to this thread, the fix was easy to identify. Still makes me wonder what is going to happen to a lot of Deadpool's on location where the operator is not nearby.

#291 1 year ago

My best is 500 mil, but I felt like it was a good game and I fell just short of Sinister. With the launch party tournaments coming up, it would be interesting to hear if people had any go-to scoring strategies yet.

#293 1 year ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

I'm into lighting the orbits and the center spinner for the team-up, then starting a mode. If you have those three, Sabretooth will be dead in two or three shots, and you'll have ~100m if you make the finishing shot.

Nice! I go for Sabretooth first too. I try to bring team-ups in, but sometimes I get too much progress on Lil' Deadpool in normal play and then I am just trying to start a battle before I accidentally start Lil' Deadpool and get locked out of the battles. Almost like a reverse risk/reward when Lil' Deadpool MB is green and ready to lock a ball but you have not started a battle yet. I definitely try to get Wolverine/center spinner lit for Mystique's battle!

1 week later
#402 1 year ago

Just a heads up, there are a few reports of games resetting while cycling through the instant info in the new code. It sounds like it happens when you cycle the info and get to High Score #3. No fix yet, but something to note for those of you planning/attending launch parties.

#465 1 year ago

Just had my first Deadpool service call. The piece of blue rubber to the right of the left ramp and metal guard came loose because the two black screws fell out. Easy fix, but just something to keep an eye on. I did not even realize those rubber pieces were there.

#467 1 year ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I've heard a lot of loose screws stories. Mine comes tonight, I'll be going over as much as I can to make sure we're all tight and happy

Double check the screws holding the switch under the scoop under your playfield too. That has been a problem spot for some owners.

4 weeks later
#870 11 months ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

This might be a dumb question but I can't figure out how to reset the HIGH SCORES via the settings, anyone know which option it is? Got a small party this weekend in my mancave, wanna give everyone a chance to inscribe their names in the top 5!

I don't have the game in front of me but I think the menu path is select "UTIL" (wrench and screwdriver crossed) then Resets (trash can) - Then you can pick GC or High Scores in there. Good luck with the party!

Resetting the code will do it too, haha.

#871 11 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

- Complete Juggernaut, Mystique, and Sabretooth Battles to light
Sauron Multiball
- Complete Sauron Multiball to light Sauron Teamup Battles (Juggernaut 2,
Mystique 2, Sabretooth 2)
- Complete Sauron Teamup Battles

So I made it to Sauron last night after updating the code. Still no life bars on the LCD or any way to measure progression in the multiball. I did not get the super jackpot, so I am not sure if I "completed" Sauron multiball though it said "Deadpool wins."

Sauron stayed lit and I could fight the villain fights again but there were no visual or audio cues that indicated that this was the "Sauron Teamup Battle." I fought Juggernaut, taunted him and green arrow shots did light up in addition to the usual orange ones, but Sauron did not appear on the LCD. I drained pretty quickly after that because I was trying to watch everything that was going on. Hopefully we see some streams soon with the new modes, but I am not sure if they are really finished yet.

#875 11 months ago
Quoted from sohchx:

On route how can I tell if the machine has gotten the update?

Hit it in the scoop to start a battle, hold the boom button for 2.5 seconds and see if it cancels the battle.

#895 11 months ago

Think I may have a node board 8 issue. I had previous trouble with a weak/sloppy left flipper but it was not consistent. After updating to the latest code, I have unresponsive flippers, and the GI just strobes up the playfield when I start up the game. Anyone else experiencing any weirdness after the 0.95 update?

#914 11 months ago
Quoted from speederice:

Think I may have a node board 8 issue. I had previous trouble with a weak/sloppy left flipper but it was not consistent. After updating to the latest code, I have unresponsive flippers, and the GI just strobes up the playfield when I start up the game. Anyone else experiencing any weirdness after the 0.95 update?

Just an update on this issue, had a short and resolved the strobing GI/unresponsive flippers by disconnecting Connector 15 on Node Board 8. Now to figure out where the short is...

2 weeks later
#1046 11 months ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Just had a BOOM worthy ball one and total score during league tonight.
Told Sauron to go back home to LOTR.[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you remember what you did to score so high? I am guessing some playfield multipliers were involved.

#1063 11 months ago
Quoted from Cobray:

What's everyone else's opinion now that the game has been out for a while? I'm seriously thinking of buying one for my home. I just don't like the prices now days (I know, no need to get into it, it's just me lol, I used to pay $4200 for pro's a few years ago).

I really enjoy it. I have been operating one out on location for the last few months and every time I go in to clean and service, I cannot resist playing a few games. My favorite thing is the risk/reward nature of the game, where you can bring in the different X-Men before a battle for bigger points, but risk draining. Or setting up your Lil' Deadpool but risking an accidental shot in there which will lock you out of the battles. It has that "one-more-game" feel because you were one shot away from that perfect shot set-up.

I am hoping the next few code updates tie up a few loose ends: The overall narrative is muddy - why is Deadpool collecting Shark and T-Rex teeth? - Sauron battle still feels unfinished, and I have not made it to Sinister yet so can't speak for that one. You're 100% right that the game needs to be set up correctly for the shots to feel smooth. I think you are going to see used ones for under $5000 soon, as the game is sort of falling into people's rear-view mirrors with everything else coming out.

#1076 11 months ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I'm officially starting my search for a DP, I just hope my wife doesn't find out (haha).

Good luck with the hunt (and keeping it from the Mrs.)!

3 weeks later
#1285 10 months ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Anyone have issues with their BOOM button? I purchased my Pro Deadpool pin about 2 months ago, and last week the BOOM button started getting "stuck" (it would take time to "pop" back up). Then within 2 days, it got stuck altogether. Took it back to the dealer and he said "We've never had to replace a button before" (guilt trip) but they went ahead and gave me the one from the showroom.
I took it home, put it on my pin and it worked just fine. For 2 days. Today I noticed it is getting "stuck" again.
Any advice?

Had the same issue with my button on a relatively new game with low plays. I ended up swapping it out for an extra clear flipper button I had as part of an LED flipper conversion kit.

1 week later
#1323 9 months ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Does anyone utilize their multiballs to get towards anything?
I’ve tried using them to increase my Booms, PF multipliers, and Bonus multipliers, but it never amounts to much cuz i suck haha. I wish you could collect Team Ups during MB...
Every time the ball goes into the shooter lane I try to lightly plung into the top lanes befor the auto-plung fires, to build the Bonus multipliers.

Try using multiball to get that Playfield Multiplier "SNIKT" shot going. Having that running during a multi-ball can really help boost your scores. In the current code, being able to hit that playfield multiplier shot on command is huge especially if you can activate it before hitting a villain's final shot at the scoop or before collecting a super jackpot. Really early shot on the left flipper but it can be done!

#1325 9 months ago
Quoted from schudel5:

First ball, first plunge, I get Lil Deadpool lock ready (green insert lit), but don't lock a ball. Shoot for the Battle scoop and select Juggernaut. Then once that's started, I lock a ball in Lil Deadpool. Then when the new ball kicks out hit the drops to start Lil Deadpool multiball to help finish the battle, as I think that's the hardest one of the 3 battles.
That's just my strategy at this point until new code comes out. Then I may change my mind depending on what's changed.

Try to get the Colossus Team-Up ready before starting Juggernaut. Double scoring!

#1342 9 months ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Pretty nice code and I like that the end of ball bonus is worth something now. Definitely see the game coming together nicely.
So glad you can turn off the attract mode video showing how to insert coins and use the flipper buttons. Really?

I know it's silly for home use, but as an operator, I'm hoping these tutorial videos are going to be extremely helpful. If I had a quarter for every time someone couldn't figure out how to start a game, or where to put the coins... Once had a lady demand a refund because "the game was a ripoff because the flippers didn't work for three balls straight." We walked over to the game, she started playing and was only using the action button, thinking that worked both flippers.

1 month later
#1712 8 months ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Just thought I'd follow up based on the issues I've faced.
I had a lot of wacky playfield lighting issues, such as the Villians, BOOM lane, and multiplier lights flashing at the wrong times. A new lighting board resolved that.

I've had some similar lighting issues with my machine as well. Did you need a new node board?

2 weeks later
#1860 7 months ago

Having weird intermittent issues with my right flipper. Sometimes it gets stuck in the raised position after releasing the button, and sometimes it will fail to flip when pushing the button. Checked the switches and everything looks good. Anyone else having similar issues?

#1865 7 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

seen quite a few headless lil'DP's have stern addressed it?

Mine didn't lose his head, but the spring was loose on the neck and kept turning the entire head to the right over time. I used gorilla glue and it hasn't moved since.

#1872 7 months ago

Code 0.99.0 is out! Changes to mode stacking!

PRO V0.99.0 - Feb 26, 2019
==========================
- Adjustment: START LIL DEADPOOL DIFFICULTY (Default: EASY)
- EASY: Enable Lil Deadpool Modes at ball start and battle or quest win or lose
- MEDIUM: Enable Lil Deadpool Modes at game start and battle or quest win or lose
- HARD: Enable Lil Deadpool Modes at game start and battle or quest win only
- Adjustment: START BATTLE DIFFICULTY (Default: EASY)
Complete D-E-A-D targets to light "BATTLE".
- EASY: "BATTLE" lit at ball start.
- MEDIUM: "BATTLE" lit at game start.
- HARD: "BATTLE" not lit at game start.
- Adjustment: NINJA MBALL LOCK DIFFICULTY (Default: EASY)
Complete P-O-O-L targets to light "LOCK".
- EASY: 3 locks lit at game start.
- MEDIUM: 2 locks lit at game start.
- HARD: 1 lock lit at game start.
- EXTRA HARD: 0 locks lit at game start.
- QUEST Lit for Continue - a Quest that is ended without completion can be
continued at the center scoop before QUEST has been relit. The QUEST light
will pulse slowly when a Quest can be continued.
- Mode Progression:
- Complete Juggernaut, Mystique, and Sabretooth to light Sauron Multiball
- Complete T-Rex, Megalodon, and Sauron Multiball to light Mr. Sinister Battle.
- Complete Juggernaut, Mystique, and Sabretooth a second time and complete
Mr. Sinister Battle to light Mr. Sinister Clone Multiball.
- Completing Mr. Sinister Clone Multiball restarts the mode progression.
- Mode Stacking:
- Battles and Multiballs can start when Katanarama Time, Berserker Rage,
or Lil' Deadpool single ball modes are running.
- Quests can start when Katanarama Time or Berserker Rage are running.
- Lil' Deadpool modes can start when Battles, Katanarama Time, or
Berserker Rage are running.
- Katanarama Time can start when Battles, Quests, Lil' Deadpool modes,
or Ninja Multiball are running.
- Berserker Rage can start when Battles, Quests, or Lil' Deadpool modes
are running.
- Fixed: Katana Lock intermittently released too many balls.
- Fixed: Mystery was not awarding Extra Balls.
- Fixed: Megalodon Quest - Super Bomb unlit all shots but did not end mode.
- Megalodon Quest
- BOOM awards shark (red) shot.
- SUPER BOOM awards all lit ocean (blue) shots and shark (red) shot.
- Award light shows tweaked.
- Lil' Deadpool speech added for "not ready" state.
- Lil' Deadpool Multiball - Phase 3 light show improved.
- Lil' Deadpool Frenzy - light show improved.
- Lil' Deadpool Bounce
- Hit moving targets:
O-O-F 5M
D P 7.5M
E O 7.5M
A O 7.5M
D L 10M
- Hitting 3 moving targets lights the Lil' Deadpool Bounce Jackpot.
- Lil' Deadpool Bounce Jackpot awards the value of the 3 targets hit
and boosts playfield multiplier for rest of ball.
- Improved display, light, and sound effects.
- Mechsuit Multiball - added Super Jackpot animation.
- Upper left control gate stays closed during multiball auto-launch so that
balls are fed into the pop bumpers and do not interfere with the left orbit shot.
- Disco Multiball - GI no longer turns off during multiball.
- Center eject - increased switch debounce time to reduce early courtesy kicks.
- Tuned frequency of speech during Battles.
- High Score To Date song added ("BOOM").
- Topper light shows added.
- Added Custom Coin Door Editor.
- You can specify the UNITS PER PULSE for the base coin and the number of PULSES
generated by each coin switch (left, center, right, 4th, 5th, 6th). The
UNITS have a range of 1 to 10000 and PULSES have a range of 0 to 100. For
example the USA coin door has a UNIT of 25 and the left and right slots
generate 1 PULSE and the center slot (the DBV) generates four PULSES. The
coin mechanisms accept quarters and the DBV dollars. Therefore, the UNIT is
25 (for 25 cents) and the left and right generate 1 PULSE for a single quarter
and the center slot generates 4 PULSES for a dollar bill being four quarters.
- If Standard Adjustment "Game Pricing" is changed to a selection with different
UNITS PER PULSE than the active CUSTOM coin door, the custom coin door will
be reset to the factory default for that Game Pricing selection.
- Display the selected settings and whether they are the FACTORY default or
CUSTOM configuration.
- Correct the delay between multiple Q24 knocker requests. Previously the
knocks would happen too rapidly and sound like a single loud knock. Now
there will be a 3/4 second delay between knocks. If the sound effect
knocker is also enabled, it will be syncronized with the Q24 knocker.

#1874 7 months ago

I'm excited that the first Sinister Battle is easier to start - we haven't been able to get to it on our machine because the Sauron-enhanced modes are tough. This is a cool compromise.

1 month later
#2328 6 months ago

Well NOW it makes sense as to why they were collecting the DNA! Megakrakolodonus Rex!

1 month later
#3173 4 months ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Ok that makes sense if it’s brass since it’s gold in color. Any place I can order some for the future as I don’t see these lasting long at the rate I’m going. Are the ones from macro the way to go? And should I just replace them now?

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html
Yes, I would replace them now. You could wait, but you'll start having problems with sticking flippers.

+1 on the pinball life coil stops. I had the same gold shavings in my Deadpool cabinet, and had no idea what was going on. Flippers starting sticking, and sure enough it was that brass"plug" in the coil stops coming loose. Replaced them with these and haven't had any issues (or shavings) since!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
5,050 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider speederice.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside