(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,261 posts
  • 1,089 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Minibull
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scottslash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2171 5 years ago

Joined the club with a NIB demo game at TPF! 555 plays over the weekend, and was happy to share the love!

Score-wise, just 748M so far, but climbing every day...

DP-plays (resized).jpgDP-plays (resized).jpg
#2185 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I played the pro a lot at TPF and I feel the extra ramp adds a ton to the game on the premium. The mirror ball not so much. The drops make it play differently as well. I am very happy with the decision to go with the premium if only for the left orbit shot alone.

Nice features on the Premium for sure. And I'm glad you liked playing my Pro. I simply didn't have the extra 1400+ for the Premium.

I did buy a LerMods disco ball and added it after I got home. Lame. Lame. Deciding what to do about that.

Anyway... Deadpool WINS!

#2187 5 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

What if you had the extra cash would you have gone premium?

Yes. If you have the "extra money," there's no reason to not go Premium.

#2190 5 years ago

I can only speak about the LerMods disco ball.

It ties (passively) to the Disco insert light. Insert light comes on, then disco ball rotates and its light comes on. So...

When in attract mode, the thing goes on and off and you can hear it. Irritating.

The lights in the base hit you in the eyes as much as they hit the ball.

The light bouncing off the ball is next to nothing.

Disappointing.

It would seem the best way to do a disco ball would be to have 2 separate items. A rotating ball on a shorter shaft. And a remote-mounted light to cast upon it.

I've already disconnected this thing and I'm deciding what to do.

#2195 5 years ago

Just want y'all to know I and Rob with Lermods have been talking and working on solutions for the disco ball. He's been very responsive and great to work with!

#2223 5 years ago

I'm easily finding protectors for the *left* side of the shooter lane. But what about the *right* side of the shooter lane?

You know, for alongside the groove. The wooden siderail is already covered fine.

shooter (resized).jpgshooter (resized).jpg
#2231 5 years ago

This is my first Spike. Is it normal the fan is so loud?!? Sound meter says 40dB avg in the quiet room, but when the fan kicks on, it's avg 57dB. Just live with it? Or is mine louder than it should be?

#2232 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mylar works great.

I've heard that. Yet, I went with the new protectors from Cliffy. Thanks for the tip @vireland. I didn't/hadn't seen his "what's new" page.

#2234 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Found it interesting there is a metal protector on a metal rail

Oops, yeah, I said wooden rail. Things sure have changed.

#2237 5 years ago

Ordered! Thanks!

#2302 5 years ago

With the help of Rob and Kim from Lermods , we arrived at a different configuration of their disco ball mod on my Pro.

We rigged a spotlight to shine on the ball rather than relying on the led strip mounted under it. That's more like a real disco ball anyway! And actually, the little controller board could not drive all 3 (motor, led strip, and spotlight) so I removed the led strip from the circuit.

I might reposition the spotlight lower and/or farther from the ball, or try a different led, but you get the idea.

Without the benefit of the software in the higher models, I think it's the best we can do with an add-on -- and better than the stock disco ball mod IMO.

Props to Lermods for all their help and communication. Thanks!

dp-disco-ball3 (resized).jpgdp-disco-ball3 (resized).jpgdp-disco-ball2 (resized).jpgdp-disco-ball2 (resized).jpgdp-disco-ball1 (resized).jpgdp-disco-ball1 (resized).jpgdp-disco-ball4 (resized).jpgdp-disco-ball4 (resized).jpg
#2330 5 years ago

Wait. What did I miss? You can save settings and scores when/before you update code?

Edit: Oh wait I see now. This new version ADDS the ability to do so. Cool.

I just updated to v 1.0, and my GC score seen below is gone. As well as settings of course.

A05AA9F8-31E4-405F-8A5E-232E75911795 (resized).jpegA05AA9F8-31E4-405F-8A5E-232E75911795 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#2483 4 years ago

StoneyFL -- I love that holder tool!

#2484 4 years ago

For the first time... Just fought (and defeated) the Megakrakolodonus Rex!!! But got no further. Of note, the ~500M final score was less than a third of my best scores. I guess I was going for progression over points. Love this game!

#2492 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Interesting!
Was your game super long? I'm thinking lengthy battles with low mode scores?

No, wasn't long at all. Progressed through the battles and quests pretty quickly without much stacking, minimal snikts, and short multiballs.

When I got my ~1.7 billion, it was all about the snikts and looooong multiballs.

#2506 4 years ago

Check plugs/connections.

#2564 4 years ago

Right. Some folks seem to be confusing playfield multiplier -- Max 5x -- (Snikt shot and is limited time) with Bonus multiplier (completing top lanes) which is probably unlimited.

#2671 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Also decrease the power of the trough coil launching the ball into shooter lane in the settings. Factory is real high in my opinion and tears that area up.

This. Dial it way back. Wish I'd thought of it sooner.

3 weeks later
#3049 4 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

for the 10 on the Match Wheel there is an extra space between the 1 and 0 so it looks like 1 0.

I reported it. Started with 1.02

The space following the numeral 1 shows up under several conditions.

#3050 4 years ago

Scored over 660M on T-Rex Quest the other day. But 1.6B is still my best game. Sigh.

#3097 4 years ago

Every time I think: "I need to adjust the Snikt target" (and I think it often) -- I end up hitting it like 3 times in the next game. LOL

Murphy is alive and well... and does play pinball.

Anyway, I made the target more parallel to the outline of the hole, and I *think* it does better.

YMMV, but that's mine.

snikt (resized).jpgsnikt (resized).jpg
#3176 4 years ago

Just installed a PinballLife shaker on my Pro. Nice!

Also installed spotlights at the top of the slings on 1" hex spacers to make things... less dark. Really helps.
DP-with-spotlights (resized).jpgDP-with-spotlights (resized).jpg

#3190 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Why keep some of the best pinball art ever in the dark?

I SO agree. A couple simple spotlights fit the bill just fine. I love PinStadiums and they're great! But until they have the diffusers, on DP, the reflections on the sword are pretty bad. Yes, solutions are available to that somewhat, but nothing I want drop the bucks on.

Love this game!

1 week later
#3332 4 years ago

Almost.

32C93323-1CDB-4876-883F-E66BC5495CD0 (resized).jpeg32C93323-1CDB-4876-883F-E66BC5495CD0 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#3483 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRyan:

Anyone have photo's of some Spot Lights? The middle of the playfield is surprisingly dark on my Premium.

See post# 3176

#3502 4 years ago

Sorry, but I don’t get all the talk about pitch. With what are you measuring 6.7, 6.8, 6.9 accuracy? And is the calibration perfect? I’m not knocking anyone’s tools. Point is, just put the bubble ‘tween the lines and go!

BE16B0A9-E586-4A1F-884C-96DACBACC2D4 (resized).jpegBE16B0A9-E586-4A1F-884C-96DACBACC2D4 (resized).jpeg
6 months later
#5218 4 years ago

Same happened to me. For me.... The small coil/magnet which causes the drop targets to trip... is held on by a single screw which has LOOSENED. This causes play/movement in the coil, so it does not engage/move the metal trip bracket reliably. So, not all targets drop, and the coil fires multiple times trying to drop them all.

To repair/tighten, I removed the entire assembly. On it, is a circuit board with the LEDs. Remove the circuit board, and there you will see the screw to tighten. My coil was barely hanging on! Fortunately, there's a paper insulator so the screw head does not short to the light board.

Let us know how it goes.

3 months later
#5943 3 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Since it's my first NIB are there any protectors I should be installing before we play the first game?

Turn down the power on the coil that sends balls into the launcher lane. It will beat your launcher lane to death. Install lane protectors, yes, but still. Turn down that coil in the settings. Like half.

#5966 3 years ago

Rubber on those posts will lengthen game time. Your choice. Yes, boot up takes a minute.

1 month later
#6234 3 years ago

I'm not sure what you did to check the connections, but unplug them and plug back in. Then wiggle them as well.

You might be able to play a game, but doubtful. And even if you can, it will suck because things won't work.

#6263 3 years ago
Quoted from Jakegreenhaus:

Thanks I got 400 weapons on ball1. 3 ninja mb's

Try with the glass on.

#6265 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It think the closest modern stern to Deadpool that I've played is Aerosmith.

I have both Aerosmith and Deadpool. Closest thing to Aerosmith really is GOTG. Rules, modes, multiballs are practically identical. Deadpool is like neither IMO.

#6270 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Aerosmith is much closer to KISS.

Yeah, I forgot about KISS and the leftover code. I've only played a couple games on that one.

9 months later
#8860 3 years ago

Yes, new owners.... Turn down that trough eject strength. Now!

Adjustments >> DP >> #4 Trough Eject Power. Drop to 200 -- or even less.

You'll be glad you did.

3 weeks later
#9084 3 years ago

Yes! Good to have you back robin And fwiw, I prefer the art blades from @tiltgraphics.

8 months later
#11439 2 years ago

Chimis are what light the Quest(s). 3 chimis lights the Quest at the scoop. Fight T-Rex or Megladon.

1 month later
#11925 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What’s the consensus on Deadpool? Mirror blade or art blades?

"Consensus" hahahaha. Me, I like art blades.

2 months later
#12389 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Another question I had, after you start 2x playfield, does additional snikt shots start the timer over again when it moves to the next multipler value?

Yes! Bouncing it up to the next level *right before* the timer runs out is a rush!

1 month later
#13180 1 year ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Anybody in the club have experience with a game that takes what seems like an extra long time to boot up?

Yes, my DP takes far longer than my AIQ or JP. Haven't timed it, but it's probably about 15 seconds longer.

3 months later
#14064 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Ladies and Gents, quick question. This coil test, when you perform it on your machine what does it do?

I'm asking because on my machine to doesn't do anything; and I'm trying to figure out what's broken. There is another option further in this menu where the ramp on the right (I have a premium) does got up and down. So I'm just puzzled by the difference in this #13 setting if anyone can assist, I would be in your debt. Thanks.

Jedi_Gill I have a Pro, so I don't have that ramp/coil/test. However, I see the screen calls it "Up/Down Ramp - HOLD." Which leads me to believe this is a SECOND coil which HOLDS the ramp after the first coil moves it. I've seen that on other mechs. Since it's just a holding coil, it doesn't have the power nor position to MOVE the ramp. Hence, it SEEMS like it's not doing anything when you test. But if you listen carefully you might hear a hum or a wiggle when you energize it.

Yes, all theory. But perhaps others can correct or corroborate.

8 months later
#14865 10 months ago

Yup. Deadpool takes several seconds longer to boot than most. It takes time to initialize that much awesome!

3 months later
#15070 7 months ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

Maybe try turning down trough eject power.

Definitely do that no matter what.

6 months later
#16107 37 days ago

Rich_Ice Those are great videos to watch. Truly, DP is easier objective-wise than, say, JP, GZ and others. "A little (strategy) goes a long way" on DP. I'm not complaining! I've got a DP and it's probably bolted to the floor!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scottslash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=scottslash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.