(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schudel5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1178 5 years ago

Boom!

IMG_20181128_211413 (resized).jpgIMG_20181128_211413 (resized).jpgIMG_20181128_213059 (resized).jpgIMG_20181128_213059 (resized).jpgIMG_20181128_215431 (resized).jpgIMG_20181128_215431 (resized).jpg
#1196 5 years ago

I didn't read the whole thread, but I assume the bonus multiplier lights between the flippers do nothing at the moment?

#1206 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

No... they currently work. Bonus multipliers are activated with the Snikt shot. This is a shot to the standup target just the right of the wolverine spinner that ricochets off the standup target and onto the katana ramp/sword. This advances the shot multiplier to 2x, then the next shot to 3x, and so on. The multiplier only last a short time (I think 20 seconds, but might be wrong). The sound effect when you hit this shot is supposed to be the sound of wolverines claws deploying... in the comics, they pen this as "SNIKT".
Difficult shot, but the more I play the higher my percentage of pulling it off is becoming. No way I could ever do it every time, but I'm happy with 10-20% or so success rate.

Yeah I figured it out after I looked at the rules a litte closer. I thought it was tied to the bam! rollovers for end of ball bonus. I don't think that shot would ever be possible from that target up the lock ramp. It just doesn't seem possible how it's positioned. Thanks for the clarification.

1 week later
#1294 5 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I still have the problem with the katana lock. Leave all the volas instead of just one

I think you have the only game that was built in Hell. Seriously.

#1298 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I completed the juggernaut, mystique and sabretooth, played sauron and then it seemed to start over. Besides the other two quests, is there anything else to this game? If not, it's sorely in need of more code.

Mr. Sinister modes per this sheet, but it doesn't say much about them.

http://tiltforums.com/t/deadpool-rulesheet/4311

#1324 5 years ago

First ball, first plunge, I get Lil Deadpool lock ready (green insert lit), but don't lock a ball. Shoot for the Battle scoop and select Juggernaut. Then once that's started, I lock a ball in Lil Deadpool. Then when the new ball kicks out hit the drops to start Lil Deadpool multiball to help finish the battle, as I think that's the hardest one of the 3 battles.

That's just my strategy at this point until new code comes out. Then I may change my mind depending on what's changed.

#1336 5 years ago

Pretty nice code and I like that the end of ball bonus is worth something now. Definitely see the game coming together nicely.

So glad you can turn off the attract mode video showing how to insert coins and use the flipper buttons. Really?

#1372 5 years ago

Mine's going out on route after the New Year; so, I'm still playing around with the settings. Is there one to make Mechsuit a harder setting? I set Disco multiball to hard (100 spins) but not sure if I'll keep it there or not.

#1397 5 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Ok so I noticed a few posts from some of you saying you finally got to disco multi ball, and I didn’t think much of it because I thought hey, maybe the game is brand new to you.
But the posts keep coming... i have stock settings running, and my disco starts after the second shot. Its kind of a pain actually cuz it starts before i even light Dazzler and I wanna get battling.
Does everyone have their settings different for that mode??

I set Disco multiball setting to hard (100 spins) . I left it on factory settings and it's too easy. Feels right now. I also shut extra balls off.

#1431 5 years ago

Only thing I've noticed is the center spinner loop, when it's seemingly lit for Berzerker, it doesn't start when hit again. Unlike Disco Multiball there is no count on the screen telling you the spins left to start Berzerker. I just see the inserts flashing in sequence for the center spinner loop. I have to hit it 3 or 4 times to get the mode to start. And yes my switches work 100%. All other modes and shots that need that switch always work. Has anyone noticed this too? This is on a Pro.

1 week later
#1497 5 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

I just can’t figure out what makes bonus multipliers go up.

Completing the BAM! rollovers at the top of the playfield.

Quoted from Morhaus:

And how long does play field multiplier last?

Not long enough. I wish there was a way to adjust the playfield multiplier duration. 3X has been my highest so far.

Here is a fairly good write-up http://tiltforums.com/t/deadpool-rulesheet/4311

1 week later
#1547 5 years ago

I think the flow is pretty good on this game. I don't like that when you defeat a battle mode, you have to sit and wait for the video and back-and-forth call-outs to be over to kick the ball out of the scoop. It would be better to be able to abort all that if you wanted. Other than that, the flow is great.

#1582 5 years ago

So when will the downloadable songs be available? I didn't tear apart the goodie bag inside the game, so if the information is in there I apologize.

#1590 5 years ago
Quoted from redman822:

I haven't had that but here is an issue I have seen quite a few times - the Hellhouse "Battle" light is lit, I make the shot in there, and it immediately kicks the ball back out, I have had to hit that shot sometimes three times with the Battle light lit before it starts the battle.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-pro-scoop-issue-#post-4778498

#1599 5 years ago

Here's what almost $600 looks like the first 2 weeks on location. Game should be paid off in 4 months! Best earner by far!

IMG_20190120_095115 (resized).jpgIMG_20190120_095115 (resized).jpg

IMG_20190120_095458 (resized).jpgIMG_20190120_095458 (resized).jpg
#1615 5 years ago
Quoted from ilovegames:

Thanks. So there are basically 2 different multipliers going on? I think that is what I was missing. What a fun game!

Well, two different multipliers, but applied at different times. The Snikt target to the lock ramp starts a 2X playfield multiplier, as shown on the playfield between the two flippers. Hitting it again before 2X goes out, awards 3X and so on. Any shots made during gameplay while those multipliers are lit are multiplied by that multiplier. Once they're unlit it goes back to normal 1X. Hopefully you finish that battle and hit the scoop with a playfield multiplier lit!

The other multiplier is made by completing the BAM! rollovers at the top. That is awarded and applied as an end of ball bonus after you drain. There's no indication of your progress to your end of ball bonus on the playfield (or screen) that I'm aware of. Maybe if you trap up and wait for the status screen, you might see it there. That particular multiplier is applied to the chimichangas, weapons, etc., you've collected so far in the game.

#1625 5 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

This will be my first and only Pin

I remember saying that too...

#1641 5 years ago

Went out to take a look at my Deadpool on location as I got a message last night that the scoop wasn't registering. Lifted the playfield and saw a wire broke off the switch. I thought "Cool! I'll just solder that thing back on and get out of here". Ahhhh...NOPE! The entire lug broke off right flush with the switch body. I've never seen something like that. Ever. Especially on a game that I've not even had for 2 months.

Luckily I took a spare switch with me that had a flat blade actuator. I was able to bend and cut the actuator to the right shape and length. I did notice those switch legs on that factory switch sure are flimsy compared to the replacement switch. Anyways, it's working fine now.

#1662 5 years ago
Quoted from Habermania:

i think they were right to add spins to Disco. I seem to get that every game without necessarily aiming at it.

I had disco spins set to 100...I guess I'm still going to have to set it to 100 after this update as well.

1 week later
#1723 5 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

But don’t see the multiplier lights stay on
Still run code 0.95

How do these work ?

When the ball ricochets off the Snikt target, then goes up the lock ramp, it increases the playfield multiplier and lights the 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x inserts.

3 weeks later
#1993 5 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

I agree. The glare on my DP Pro was driving me nuts. That's one of the big reasons I purchased Pin Stadium lighting. Now I can play with the overhead lights off, and there is zero glare. It's a nice alternative to anti-glare glass, especially if you like to play in the dark like me.

Do you have the backbox lighting go dim while you're playing? That was the biggest issue I had was the glare off the backbox. I adjusted the backbox lighting to 8% when a game is started. Same with Maiden too. Huge difference.

1 month later
#2344 5 years ago

Just updated the code on DP I have on route. Had a slight heart attack when after I updated it wouldn't boot. Just sat there with red LEDs on the CPU in the backbox but nothing after that. Had to reinstall the USB drive and reinstall using the verify process. Luckily it booted up fine after that. Whew!
IMG_20190411_124243 (resized).jpgIMG_20190411_124243 (resized).jpg

6 months later
#4488 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

When are the key times to hit the BOOM button, and what is it's purpose?

Collecting the B-O-O-M lights at the in/outlanes lights the Boom button yellow. Hitting the Boom button during a mode when the button is yellow completes one of the shots for you automatically. If you don't use the BOOM button when it's yellow, but collect several more in/outlanes until it turns red, pressing it when it's red during a mode will collect all the shots lit in that mode.

#4492 4 years ago

From http://tiltforums.com/t/deadpool-rulesheet/4311

BOOM Button
Use flippers to cycle lower inlane inserts to spell B-O-O-M. Completing B-O-O-M will light the lock bar button yellow. Hitting the button when flashing will spot the highest value shot on the playfield (other than the scoop). Completing B-O-O-M 4 times without using the button will light the button red for “Big Boom”, which collects all of the lit shots on the playfield. Pay attention to colors of the boom button as the game does not call-out when you have earned a “Big Boom”. Current available “Booms” are displayed on the right side of the display.

Note that if no shots are lit or all shots are the same value, the game gives priority to shots on the left of the playfield.

1 year later
#7599 3 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

How does flipper power actually work? Would increasing flipper power mean hotter flippers faster and therefore less sustained power over multiple games?

You can't make them stronger than factory default, only weaker. Factory default is 255 and that's the highest number. I turned mine down to 225 and it seems better to me right now.

#7601 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Hey Everyone,
I think I'm going crazy. Am I missing any songs from the DJ Mixer? I feel like there should be a disco song. This is v1.05 for DP Pro.
Thanks!

Hit the Boom button to scroll through the other folders. The disco songs are in a folder called Songs in the Key of Blakeman or something like that.

#7602 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

How does one get to the DJ Mixer?

Code 1.04 or higher, in Free Play attract mode, push both flipper buttons for 3 seconds and then use one flipper button to scroll to the music screen and hit Start button. Use flippers to scroll songs, use Boom button to scroll albums.

#7613 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Where are the settings located at? I’d think after 10+ games of achieving it and the same song, I don’t have it chosen

Download the Readme file from Stern support it tells you the exact setting numbers. The flipper power settings are towards the beginning and the song adjustments are close to the end. I set all mine to play random songs for now.

#7617 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Good to see flipper power interesting to see what that can do with Snikt. As long as I don’t knock off lil deadpool’s head. Also have to be careful not to give the scoop too much.

You can't increase the flipper power above the factory default, you can only decrease it.

#7619 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Ok. So different to CGC. thanks.

Not sure how CGC is doing it as I don't have one of their games. But on DP, the default strength is 255 and you can only adjust the strength between 100 and 255.

#7636 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoderboy:

Has anyone messed around with the flipper power settings, and if so what are you liking?

I dropped mine down to 225. Feels softer and all the shots are still easily made including the lock and snikt shots.

#7673 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

The Extra Ball light on my DP seems to work intermittently in that it can be fine for a few games, then not working and then fine again. I have read through this thread and tried the suggested steps of checking connections and reseating cables, which works for a bit but then it will start acting up again. Reseating the cable between Node 9A (CN3) and 9B (CN2) is a temp fix and I have checked and reseated the RJ-45 connectors for good measure too. It is specifically the Extra Ball LED and no others on this board that are affected.
Has anyone else experienced this or similar? If it ends up being the cable does anyone know the part # for the Node 9a CN3 to Node 9b CN2 serial cable?

I had a similar issue with several controlled lamps on the playfield going out intermittently. After about 6 months of messing around with reseating things I ended up just replacing both of the .100" connectors on the right side of node 8. It's been rock solid since.

I think the EB light has it's own wire and connector coming from the large under-playfield light board. Make sure that connection is good and tight before going further.

#7675 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Thanks for the tips, this has been driving me batty so I appreciate that you have experienced and fixed a similar problem. I have been leaning towards to connectors and cable as well, I'll see if I can find a pre built cable cause I don't have crimping tools to build.

Can you describe this a bit more? I'll have to lift the playfield again but I do not recall seeing that on the Node 9b board. Would I have to unmount the board? I'll take another peek this afternoon.

All my issues were from the node 8 board connectors CN2 and CN3. The manual has the lights and what node board connector they come from. I'd say 90% of the playfield lights come from node 8 by the flippers. Those connectors CN2 and CN3 on node 8 jump to the light insert boards and daisy chain around. I was having issues with the rollover lights above each lane along with most of the inserts in the middle of the playfield. CN2 and CN3 on the right side of node 8 that must of had a bad connection so I replaced. Yeah you're going to need .100" connectors and a crimper to replace them.

There's a connector on the center large insert board and the EB light has it's own separate wire and connector to the center insert light board. I remember having issues with that one light and reseating the one connector took care of that. Try removing the connector and slightly bend the pins out to give it more tension when you reinsert the connector. Worth a shot.

1 week later
#7775 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Now I would try to fix that by slightly elongating the "lower" hole on that ball guide. A dremel could get this done.

Exactly what I would do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ormond Beach, FL
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schudel5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=schudel5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.