(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,296 posts
  • 1,093 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by truemagoo102
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2581 4 years ago

I spent several hours at SKB's playing his Deadpool Premium.

Initial impression: this is the best first impression that I have had playing a pin in a (very) long time.

This pin really hits all the right buttons for me. Starting with the layout and shots: unique, fun, satisfying and some are quite challenging. Katana and Snikt are just plain cool.

It's obviously completely subjective, but I really like the callouts in the game, and the humor is great. Sound effects are also really good, as is the music. Love the Jackpot call outs during mechsuit MB.

And the code! Really, really good. Tanio did a great job of making the rules very intuitive, but still give it both depth and breadth. A beginner can grasp the basics quickly, but there is plenty more to learn as you keep playing.

I haven't played a pin with this many satisfying shots in a long time. When SKB and I were playing there were several occasions where we were yelling when a big Katana or Snikt shot was hit at the perfect moment. Hitting the Katana lock on the fly from the plunger is super cool. I did it 3 times in a row a couple different times.

Didn't even mention the artwork yet. Zombie Yeti did another great job!

Also, I love the lighting. The red on the inserts is a red that I have not seen before. Very deep with a real glow to it for lack of a better description. My only complaint is the center of the PF is dark. Could probably use a spotlight or two.

Very, very impressed with this pin. I guess my only concern would be the longer ball times, which is pretty typical of most Gomez designs.

For people who bash Stern for releasing the same layout over and over again, please take a look at Deadpool.. (IMDN is a unique layout too, but I prefer the way Deadpool plays/shoots as it is more satisfying).

Hope to join this club soon!

#2641 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It’s all about that loop return to the right flipper. It adds another satisfying shot to the arsenal of satisfying shots this game offers. Keep in mind though, the unique layout is A-Typical Gomez Klunk-Flow. The shots in DP do not flow like a Steve Ritchie butter smooth game. But hot damn do these shots feel good. Every one of them! I couldn’t imagine playing the game without the left loop return especially for disco loops and multiballs;

For me; getting the extra flow was worth it. The drops are icing on the cake. Disco ball is another cool addition especially for disco multiball. But all in all, it really comes down to whether you want the flow of that left loop or not. It feels dam good hitting it.

Agreed.

You and I had become strong supporters of buying pros in the last few years. But on this one, I just can't give up *any* of the super satisfying shots that the Premium/LE has. If it was just the Disco ball, I could easily give that up to go with the pro.

Some of the shots that are satisfying but can also be klunky on DP remind me of similar shots on LOTR like the Ring shot, with similar adrenaline/frustration of hitting it to Destroy the Ring. I tend to love most Gomez designs, despite not flowing as smoothly as Ritchie games (my SW shoots as smooth as butter).

Once I made the decision that the Premium was worth the price over the pro, it was even easier for me to justify the price of the LE over the Premium for all the extras (a sweet powder coat on the armor, anti-glare glass, upgraded speakers, mirrored backglass, shaker motor, etc.).

DP LE incoming.

#2670 4 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Alright Guys, I'm hoping you can provide me with guidance on 2 issues:

2. Have you guys used just Naptha for cleaning between wax applications? I know the instructions say to use Novus 2, but I'm hesitant on applying the abrasive. Also, does the machine come prewaxed when purchased NIB?
Thanks Guys!

Naptha is on the harsh side so I would definitely not use it regularly.

For regular cleaning of the PF (any time I take the glass of for any reason I will use the opportunity to clean the PF) I have been using Optimum Opticlean for years with great results. It has a little more cleaning power compared to regular "quick detailers" and also leaves a little protection behind (unlike quick detailers). Zero abrasives, uses polymers, and can be used regularly without issue.

Get it in the 32 ounce size, dilute it with distilled water, and put it in your own spray bottle to save money:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003CH9KCM/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_FHZYCbTG6FZYM

#2681 4 years ago

It does seem that the tide of opinion on this pin is changing, and people are realizing how good it is.

After 80 votes, DP has more votes than IMDN in this poll:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-pro-or-iron-maiden-pro

#2711 4 years ago

I played Nimblepin's DPLE yesterday. It absolutely confirmed for me how much I love this pin. Too much awesomeness. I can't get over how satisfying and cool so many of the shots are. Then you just add to that the rules, art package, humor, and quality of the voice acting, this really is the complete package.

I can't wait to get my DPLE!

#2725 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Do you know what your pitch at? I started at 7.2 and it was brutally fast and fun. However, I popped it down to 6.9 and while it shoots much smoother, it is easier.

Smoother is better. Easier is also better for some of us mere mortals.

The thing about playing without the rubber rings on the posts that would bug me is that it takes away from the importance of nudging.

#2745 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

T-rex hurry ups with the drop targets more clearly defining that the hurry up is active should be a nice feature. I love it when something you didn't think was broken and already worked pretty nicely is enhanced even further to make the game play more enjoyable. Nice work Tanio!!

Boom!

#2786 4 years ago

Here is some epic play on DP premium by Keith Elwin and Zach Sharp:

#2791 4 years ago

Are people putting playfield protectors on their HUO pins now?

#2795 4 years ago

This was an amazing sequence by Zach during this one ball. Nailing one shot after another, really showing how fast DP can flow:

#2827 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

First time over 500,000,000 and got the “What are you? Keith Elwin?” callout!

Damn, I don't have my DPLE yet, so that's a spoiler right there!

#2841 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

DP is such a freakin cool and unique game. There’s a lot of talk about how cool the Katana ramp and Snikt shots are, but what about that colossus shot?!? I’m loving that shot! I think i may like it more than the Katana ramp. So cool to whip it around and hit the target. Plus, it’s integrated very well into the rules/code.
That’s my random post of the day; still got a high going on and cant stop thinking about this game haha.

Take any one of those shots from DP that you mention and put it on another pin and chances are very high that it would be the best shot on that pin.

DP is full of cool satisfying shots, and it's one of the main things that attracted me to it. The fact that we can add so many other positive aspects on top of that makes it a real winner.

#2887 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

It was a tough choice between DP and Star Wars. I love everything about star wars, the theme, the music, the characters, movies, all of it. The game is so much fun too, so smooth.

I own SW (pro) and have DPLE on the way.

Here's the interesting thing about how I feel in terms of the way these two pins shoot. The shots on SW are clearly smoother than the shots on DP. Buttery smooth in fact. But...the shots on DP are still far more satisfying to hit than the shots on SW. There really isn't a unique satisfying shot to hit on SW. By contrast, DP has at least 3 unique and super satisfying shots to hit, even though they aren't as buttery smooth as SW.

#2899 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

And just like that, some of the defaults (possibly seen as bugs) are addressed... along with a couple scoring changes.
LE V1.02.0 - May 13, 2019
=========================
- Added Adjustment - "LIL DP START REQUIRES BALL LOCK" (Default is YES).
- YES: The ball must be locked behind the Lil' Deadpool drop targets in order
to start a Lil' Deadpool mode. (This was the default behavior in v1.00.0).
- NO: When the Lil' Deadpool is lit GREEN for lock and the Lil' Deadpool stand-up
target is hit, the device will attempt to lock the ball behind the drop targets.
If the ball is not locked within 4 seconds, the next Lil' Deadpool mode will start
automatically. (This was the default behavior in v1.01.0).
This adjustment is ignored if the "DISABLE LIL DP TARGET BANK" adjustment is set to YES.
- Fixed: Right orbit switch was ignored for 2 seconds after ball leaves shooter lane.
- Updated Super Skill Shot: timer increased from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Updated Ninjapocalypse: awards 5M, 5.5M, 6M, ... 10M max.
- Updated Ninjapocalypse display: added score and ninjas collected.
- Snikt display: added playfield multiplier value.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2905 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This is what we call polish and support. So happy to see Tanio and his team on top of it.
I really hope they have plans to add additional high score tables. Some that come to mind would be:
+ Sabertooth/Mystique/Juggernaut Champs
+ final blow champ (highest single value final blow shot score), maybe also display which villain it was against.
+ T-Rex/Megladon champs
+ super skill shot champ (most super skills shots)
+ Snikt champ (Most snikt shots in one game)
+ disco loops champ
+ disco mb champ
+ berserker rage champ
+ Collosus JP champ
+ Ninjapocalypse champ
+ Katana Rama champ
+ Lil DP mb and frenzy champs
+ Sauron champ
+ Mech suit mb champ
+ weapon champ (most weapons collected)
+ megakrakawhateveritscalled asaurus champ
+ Mr Sinister Champ
Those are just to name a few to get em started lol

You guys know what is so cool about these suggestions by Eskaybee (which I agree with)?

It's the fact that these are his most wanted add ons to the code! In other words, wanting various high score tables doesn't have any impact on the rules or gameplay. And coming from Eskaybee, that is saying a lot about how good the code already is, even if it's not perfect.

1 week later
#3008 4 years ago

The sounds on Wonka would drive me insane.

#3013 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

This game is so much fun and adrenaline pumping just broke 600k and my hands where shaking tword the end haha. Previous high was 470k
[quoted image]

I'm going to make your day even brighter:

Your scores were actually 10 times higher than you thought they were!

#3024 4 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I am going to make it so bright you will need a welder mask.. They were 1000 times higher than you thought!!!

Hahaha. You are correct!

#3123 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't know if Stern uses different ball suppliers or of they supply they have is just really inconsistent, but some machines come in with balls that last a long time and others have balls that look like golf balls in a very short amount of time. It's weird.

Exactly right. I can't remember which pin it was, but I think it was my Aerosmith pro that came with some really decent quality balls. But I have seen some really crappy ones both before and after Aerosmith. Strange.

#3160 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Yea, I vote premium too

Same here.

#3161 4 years ago

Well, if everything goes according to plan, I will finally have my DPLE arriving later today.

#3210 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Like this post if you ponyed up for antiglare glass on your DP!

I have the DPLE so it comes with antiglare glass. It's ok but it isn't as good as DPI glass that's for sure.

1 week later
#3325 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

On auto ball launch the ball sometimes hits the gate about top mid way and the goes back over all the pops and back down the shooter lane. Repeats this. Anyone experience this and if so a fix? Doesn't happen all the time but enough for me to notice

Definitely. It freaking blows. Pretty hard to nail a super skill shot because of it. And even though the ball usually does make it all the way around, it almost always rattles a bit at the top and gets slowed down a lot, so the ball just dribbles down the left side, again making it very difficult to nail the super skill shot. Super clunky.

I've played two other DP's that do not have this issue. Seems like it is hit and miss.

#3326 4 years ago

dupe

1 week later
#3451 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I actually really dont like the shaker on this game. I installed it and quickly turned off. It goes off way too much and just annoys me!

Quoted from moTiv8:

Feel the same.
Especially the extra Ball Shakes are way too Strong.
And i play with modarate Settings.
With minimal settings the Shaker is dead.
Here should Stern do coding.

Quoted from mbrave77:

agree. I hated moderate and pu to minimal in which it never goes off. Should be some middle ground

I feel the same as well. Really don't like the shaker action on this pin much at all.

#3469 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Might want to try 7.0 if it's too easy. Also, are your outlanes wide open?

Steeper pitch actually makes the game easier IMO. But it seems to shoot better at the higher pitch, so I still recommend it.

1 week later
#3569 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Congrats on your Deadpools guys.....
How smooth a shooter is it once setup?
I’m going insane trying to make my mind up....
Got room for one more Pin - getting to the coin flipping stage between a NIB DP Premium or a used HUO Metallica

If having a "smooth shooter" is one of your main priorities (and I get the feeling that it is since that is the only thing that you asked about in your post), then go with Metallica all the way. DP has a lot going for it, but being a "smooth shooter" is definitely not one of it's strong points.

#3583 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's your best disco loops? I got 100 million the other day and was pretty proud of myself.

This pin BEGS for additional high score tables for things like disco loop champ.

2 weeks later
#3736 4 years ago

Completed Final Chapter last night.

IMG_3750 (resized).jpegIMG_3750 (resized).jpeg
#3759 4 years ago
Quoted from Ravvis:

So what is the trick to hitting the sknt!!! shot with some sort of accuracy? I am new to pinball and I am having difficultly finding it on the flipper. Its a great game. Thanks!

I'm not new to pinball and I can't find that F&*@ing snikt shot to save my life. It's a nearly worthless shot for me. I've never had more than 3x going, and even then it has only been a handful of times. It's a fun shot when you hit it, but I sure as hell don't hit it much. I will go several games without hitting it a single time.

2 weeks later
#3840 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Sorry this turned out so long, but it covers pretty completely how I approach DP.
I usually play for progress, and my basic strategy works pretty well if my accuracy holds up. I've played all three Sinister modes a few of times, and the current replay is hovering around 600-700M.
Battle Progression:
I don't usually worry about team-ups for the battles, because it just adds shots and more risk of losing a ball (playing for points, Colossus and Domino are a must). The only exception is Mystique. Wolverine is a must with her, or it takes too many shots to complete. So any time I have Wolverine lit, I choose Mystique. With Wolverine, she is dead with three shots in the first battle. She's dead in one shot with him during the Mystique/Sauron battle. That seems like a bug to me, but I just go with it! I choose Juggernaut if I have any of the Li'l DP targets down. You can lock the ball without knocking down all standups if you can slide it past and hit the back target. Bringing in a MB (even a two ball) with Juggernaut helps with hitting the risky drops or stand-ups as balls are bouncing around or if you can trap one and play one. If I don't have Wolverine or Li'l DP close to starting, I choose Sabretooth. He's pretty easy to finish with no help.
Quests vs Battles:
Given the choice between a Quest or a battle, I'll always take the battle if one of my Battle Progression conditions exists. The sole reason for this is Sauron MB. By completing the first round battles, this MB becomes available. At this stage in the game a quest is just points and a step toward MegaKrak. But the battle is points, a step toward MegaKrak, and a step toward Sauron. So why not take the MB earlier than later. However, if the choice is limited to Mystique without Wolverine or the quest for example, I'll choose the quest.
Quests/Disco:
After playing the initial battle that's lit on the plunge, nothing is lit. Now, I shoot for Chimis to light quest. I let the random bounces hit the DEAD targets to re-light battle. If the top one is the only one left, I might purposely shoot at it, but the lower ones are hard to hit from the flipper. I shoot for Disco if nothing is lit or if it's close from general playing.
Extras:
Rage, other Li'l DP modes, Katanarama, and Ninja MB are not required to progress thru the game, so I shoot at them if there is nothing else lit (hopefully I pull off a lock or two on the plunge). A lot of people try to bring Ninja into the Mystique battle, but for progression it isn't necessary. Wolverine makes her pretty easy to finish by itself. I don't know if MechSuit is required to progress toward the wizard modes, but you'll get to it eventually if you make decent headway in the game.
If I get to MegaKrak, I feel I've done pretty well. After that it's Villain/Sauron modes and onto the wizards...rarely.
The points strategy is much shorter...Snikt, Snikt, Snikt, Snikt, and Snikt!!

This is extremely similar to my approach to the game as well.

Except for the last sentence regarding the points strategy, since I suck at intentionally hitting the Snikt shot.

1 year later
#7546 3 years ago

Was considering selling my DPLE.

Key word there is "was."

#7553 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Had me worried when I first saw that too. Thought I’m never going to see mechsuit again.....

I actually obtained Mechsuit MB twice in the same game last night. First time I've ever done that.

New code makes getting higher scores easier. Just kind of opened things up a bit. I like it!

62649540235__70D41562-444E-435A-B591-70E7FA4550C3 (resized).jpeg62649540235__70D41562-444E-435A-B591-70E7FA4550C3 (resized).jpeg
#7555 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You’re spot on. Disco multiball is one of the coolest side objectives in the game and when it queued up some slow uninspiring soundtrack it literally ripped my pinball soul out. A setting for fixed or random on the disco songs would be an easy needed fix and very welcomed.

I experienced that song last night. Given how fantastic the rest of the music on this pin is, I can't believe that they put that one in there.

#7561 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

MONSTER GAME!!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow!

#7578 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Loving the expanded leaderboards in the new code!
[quoted image]

That's a great score for Mechsuit MB!

6 months later
#9672 2 years ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Before I get flamed I've done a lot of searching and reading.
Looking to purchase DP.
PRO or Premium?

I get way too much enjoyment/satisfaction from hitting the left orbit which comes all the way around to the right flipper on the Prem/LE vs going to the pops on the pro to know that I never would have been completely satisfied with the pro myself.

#9677 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

My premium arrived with the outlines set wide open and see below for the factory tilt bob setup (a hair’s breadth away from the ring’s front end). Stern has a lot more confidence in my skills than I do...
[quoted image]

That's not a factory tilt bob setup. The "bob" doesn't even come attached, it's in the coin box and you have to put it on yourself. Was your game a NIB?

2 weeks later
#9818 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Advice on pro vs premium.
Drops vs stand ups?
Full orbit shot how big a deal is this???
Thanks

It's a big deal *to me*

You really need to play for yourself to confirm. But the left orbit shot is one of my favorites shots on the pin. Love how it goes all the way around on the premium/LE, very satisfying to hit repeatedly. You lose that on the pro with the ball dumping into the pops.

2 weeks later
#9972 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

How many people lube the katana ball guide as George was suggesting? He was mentioning WD-40 on a paper towel and wiping the guide down. First time I've heard that.

Very strange that he would recommend WD-40 to "lube" the katana ball guide, since WD-40 is not a lube.

1 week later
#10014 2 years ago

What would be the going rate for a Deadpool LE?

There are a half dozen wanted ads for various versions of Deadpool, but not a single for sale ad for any version, which is strange.

#10021 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I bought a pro 3 months ago, I really like and it is not for sale. So I guess those who have them want to keep them, not flip for profit.
Soon Stern will have more in the pipeline to the distributors. Or some may come off route

I was specifically asking about the LE

#10073 2 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Tilt Champion! ;(
[quoted image]

Damn. What was your overall score for the game?

1 year later
#13923 1 year ago

I have a brand new (still in the unopened box) set of Ninja Pop Bumper caps from Hooked On Pinball that I forgot I even had.

These are $96 + $9 shipping on Hooked on Pinball's site.

I'll let these go for a $20 savings over buying new ($85 shipped).

PM if interested.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.95
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 64.99
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.