(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,268 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by KnockerPTSD
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider purdue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8680 3 years ago

Hey fellas, I've look around a bit and not finding what I'm after.

Want to get some art blades for my Premie that is coming soon.

Stern LE style are my favorite (cant buy), stern accessory ones are discontinued and just ok imo.
The tilt ones are ok, not a fan of the pin graffix art.

Any other options out there?

#8694 3 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

April is what I was told, with an adamant emphasis on "April doesn't mean April 1st." I'm jealous as Hell of anyone expecting a March delivery.

shit biscuit!

#8700 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Mirror Blades for sure.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from beergut666:

Get mirror blades, they really make this game pop.

Thanks i guess i need to consider them, typically i prefer art blades.

#8711 3 years ago
Quoted from Grossp59:

In case anyone is looking, the Stern art blades are back in stock on their website.
https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/deadpool-inside-art-blades

Yup just snagged a set and came here to post the same!

1 week later
#8762 3 years ago

Anybody heard an updated eta on premies?

#8805 3 years ago

Are plastic protectors needed for DP? Seems like maybe so, i’ve never used them and curious about feedback. Are these from ulek the ones to get?

Thanks!

5CC43FE1-D3A9-4A66-A056-A097D4461AED (resized).png5CC43FE1-D3A9-4A66-A056-A097D4461AED (resized).png
#8822 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Premium incoming!
Does anyone have the stern artblades installed on their game?

hah... I have the the stern blades sitting on my basement bar waiting for my premium to be built... doubt that helps though.

2 weeks later
#9037 3 years ago

Is it April yet?

24410E47-011E-4B4C-80B1-3B1DB227DE51 (resized).jpeg24410E47-011E-4B4C-80B1-3B1DB227DE51 (resized).jpeg
#9040 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

How come your putting wresting character in the pin?

everybody else is sticking action figures in their DP...

#9043 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Wow your LJNs are in really good shape. Rare ones

Thanks, i’ve got a whole box of em. I beat the hell out of them as a kid! got a bunch of the thumb wrestlers too...

4 weeks later
#9190 2 years ago

april ‘21 run

Man what a great game!

00A9603D-6E14-49C4-A7A9-1DEB4898EF85 (resized).jpeg00A9603D-6E14-49C4-A7A9-1DEB4898EF85 (resized).jpeg
#9204 2 years ago

Thinking out loud here... has anyone ever polished the katana? Schwiiing!!!

I'm talking full on chrome style polish.

Seems like it would be freaking amaze-balls.

#9295 2 years ago

It was kinda spur of the moment, since I had a friend on the way over to help me, but what the Hell. Young kid with way better hand truck and younger back vs. two middle aged guys? Easy choice. Realized later that I probably would have tipped him out of habit anyway, so what the Hell.
A little tinkering later....
[quoted image]
And since that window makes me more paranoid than a first time parent AND I'm supposed to be working today....
It's actual current condition.
[quoted image]

Im in a similar boat... We have a bunch of windows/ sliders in our basement and they all have electric roller shades... but who wants to leave the shades drawn all the time. So have been thinking about getting a cover like that for my end machine. Mind if i ask how you like it and where you bought it?

#9296 2 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

The front has a notch in it to keep it from rubbing.
[quoted image]

My april premium has the new design as well. fwiw

#9298 2 years ago

It's the pinskin one they sell on Marcos. Literally just opened it and put it on today, so not much to review.
Of course they're out right now.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-PC-ES
But quality seems decent enough. Nice heavyish weight to the fabric. Little disc magnets that hold things in place. It's two parts - the base and the head. The bottom part is open in the back. The head piece covers all four sides. There's a strip of velcro along the front bottom of the head cover that will attach it to the base.
Top of my head concern - it's probably not going to be quick and easy to get it on/off since I have my machines in a row, but oh well. Stop gap like I said.
Edit - 4/22 build date. Has the notch cut out of the rail as well, though I'm 99% surely going to raise the rail regardless and install my cliffys.

Thank you!

#9332 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Just got my premium a few days ago - my target appears to be off. I've tried simply pushing it back toward the flippers, but at moderate force it's not moving. I get nervous about applying too much force and having something break. Is everyone else able to simply move this without lifting the playfield, unscrewing, etc.?
Also, autolaunch is really struggling. In slow mo, it looks like the striker hits off center and the ball bounces off the left rail about 3" from the launch point. Is there is an easy adjustment for this or do I just need to get my Cliffy's expedited?
Thanks!
[quoted image]

My april '21 premium snit target looks off center like that too. Not sure if it arrived that way or not honestly, we're a couple hundred plays in.

#9355 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’m super bored with the stern blade art...
Let’s try something else;
(The print company screwed up the size, so they’re sending me new ones... no prob)
Mods are fun, let’s drink to that! Maybe some gin made from Ryan Reynolds tears??![quoted image]

Oh wow!
If i didn't just install stern blades, id be sweet talking you...

#9377 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Has anyone chromed out their katana blade?

I asked this a couple days ago and didn't get any response. It's stainless so really just needs polished. Wet sand in ascending grits and then try to buff without stabbing oneself.

3 weeks later
#9721 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Welp, I'm sorta joining your club. I signed up for a DP Premium from the upcoming December run. Man, that sounds a long way off. I was trying to decide between DP Premium, Elvira HOH, or JP Premium. I'm afraid that DP being introduced in 2018 might be coming up on the end of it's run quicker than the other two titles, and darn it, I simply just enjoy the heck out of playing DP whenever I get the chance to. It just seems to have this special magic combination of art, sounds, LCD graphics, humor, rules, and playfield layout, that really work for me. I've never seen the Premium artwork in real life, I guess by next Spring (if schedules hold out) that will no longer be the case.

Congrats! FWIW i think the premium DP is a really great upgrade over the pro... same for JP. EHOH is a great game too but theme is a meh for me and its basically unobtainium.

I own a DP prem and a JP LE and don't know that i can pick between the two... I will say that DP never makes me pissed like JP does sometimes. Play better right? However JP2 is much more challenging and has a different depth that would help it with staying power. The movie code is a must. JP is harder to figure out, more to do, less repetitive and will challenge a good player a fair amount more than DP. Theme is important too, so pick what you love!

I also own Sth pro and love it at least equally as the other 2^ if not more.

#9723 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Yeah, that white can be blinding. Thanks for sharing. Just order off Amazon. The install - is it difficult?

I feel like the blinding white part of the challenge. Half blinded in a dark room, choose when to boom carefully!

#9744 2 years ago
Quoted from sepins:I am full right now and had my DP Premium delivered. It's sitting between all my machines waiting to get opened.
I have never played the game and not sure I wanted to open it and then looked and saw it's rated #6 in top Pinside 100.
Is the game that good???
It's sitting in the one hole I could open it and put it in.
One problem...Mandolorian LE is coming in about 10-15 days.
Can store 2 in the hole or open one...UGGHHH!!!

I would also agree, It is a better game than many (most) of the sterns in your collection. This is just my taste/ experience and everybody is looking for different things. I think stern music pins are meh personally. Sth, JP2 and DP are my current favorite lcd sterns. All fairly equal but in that order.

Deadpool does really shine in a decent sized collection, it has the tight stern feel but is very unique in layout. I also bet if you play it for a couple weeks b4 mando arrives, something else will leave.

4 weeks later
#9966 2 years ago

Man, how can you hit that shot on demand...

1 month later
#10258 2 years ago

Any premium owners tried any different powder coat colors? These are the only 2 I've come across searching...

15f8ff91a520120535f91c0e76cbada95a63f2cd-2 (resized).jpg15f8ff91a520120535f91c0e76cbada95a63f2cd-2 (resized).jpg2a2a968830244cad282ca57a6cdb0750e213ca4a (resized).jpg2a2a968830244cad282ca57a6cdb0750e213ca4a (resized).jpg
#10260 2 years ago

Haven't received the armor back from Robert yet but this is mine - will post pics when I can.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered/page/58#post-6428486
Posted about the decision before but didn't like the reds with the premium artwork and most of the blue ones I saw seemed a little overpowering to my eye. Went with a darker black base with a blue metallic flake. No idea how in the world it will look, but black goes with damn near everything so I think I'll be good.

Thats really pretty, will be interested to see it all together! Please post pics.

Ive thought about doing my ghostbusters along those lines. black base pink sparkle, but may chicken out and go gloss black.

#10264 2 years ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Thank you
It ist still a lot of work to get them perfect.
But if I'm Finished and there is a request for the handle. I will make it purchasable.
Also open to designe ideas for the rope or the Metal part. Maybe I get 2 or 3 cool models and it has something for everyone
Just send me a pm if you have some other idea.

Nice, your handle looks a million times better than the one i have from mezel!

#10269 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I think the red contrasts with the Blue decals really well, I think I'll follow suit. Without doing something about the T-Moulding on the Headbox, I'm not convinced with the blue... the colour on it's own is nice however.

I agree and that’s where i’m at for now. My big idea is red with speckled large aqua flake. A spin on the LE red with yellow. But i’m not sure anybody makes large bright aqua flake so it may not be possible.

2 months later
#10934 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

The Deadpool machine at Expo indicates version X1.05.27...then still in beta:
[quoted image]

What does the apron look like?

1 week later
#11019 2 years ago

My scoop just started not registering this weekend. I blew it out and worked the little switch but still no bueno.

Anybody have any pointers?

#11057 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Lift the playfield and make sure a wire connection hasn't broken off the switch. Semi-common issue. If looks good, may need to slightly bend the wireform the ball rests on to activate the switch, otherwise switch may need replacing.

Yup terminal broke off, Im guessing the empty terminal on the switch is not the same. Normally open vs normally closed? crap

7A71B10A-58C4-4048-AD2E-FF3BBD0B55BC (resized).jpeg7A71B10A-58C4-4048-AD2E-FF3BBD0B55BC (resized).jpeg
#11081 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

I anticipate the next code update to have Insider Connected support and thats about it. Hopefully a fix for Lil' Deadpool Frenzy high score as well as that has been bugged since the 1.04/05 releases last year.
If there was more time for updates I hope that co-op modes are added and maybe direct access to wizard modes like Ghostbusters or Jurassic Park, that would be really great.

I'd bet they add a challenge mode...

4 weeks later
#11357 2 years ago

A terminal broke off my scoop switch. Anybody know which replacement switch i need and where to find one? Stern warranty is taking forever and i'd like to get my DP back up and running.

Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 8.55.45 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-12-16 at 8.55.45 AM (resized).png
#11371 2 years ago

Thanks! Thats the one i ordered yesterday. Took the switch out and it had the part number printed on it. Nice because my stern microswitch search results weren't showing this one on pinballlife or marco.

2 weeks later
#11448 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Thanks! Thats the one i ordered yesterday. Took the switch out and it had the part number printed on it. Nice because my stern microswitch search results weren't showing this one on pinballlife or marco.

So update here... soldered on the replacement micro switch from PBL and wallah. It worked great... for a day.

Then (now) switch works a couple times when the game is first fired up. And promptly goes dead. Same for switch test. Turn the game on drop a ball in the scoop and it works great for a little bit then nada.

Anybody have any ideas? Bad replacement switch?? I was careful to not get the switch hot when soldering but idk.

2 weeks later
#11607 2 years ago

My 11yo took down sinister last night. Fun to watch, he's twice the player I am.

96EACDAD-DFB8-4A4A-A6C5-72F1678C483C (resized).jpeg96EACDAD-DFB8-4A4A-A6C5-72F1678C483C (resized).jpeg
#11665 2 years ago

Got my powder back from Steve at MI Pinball refinery, kicks my deadpool up a notch!

LE-mium
IMG_0824 (resized).jpegIMG_0824 (resized).jpegIMG_0825 (resized).jpegIMG_0825 (resized).jpegIMG_0829 (resized).jpegIMG_0829 (resized).jpegIMG_0833 (resized).jpegIMG_0833 (resized).jpegIMG_0827 (resized).jpegIMG_0827 (resized).jpegIMG_0832 (resized).jpegIMG_0832 (resized).jpeg

#11667 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Looks great. Where did you get those side rails?

They are a custom set. Not available anymore, i picked them up used.

#11669 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Right on. That shape is cool and looks better on a few games vs the lollipop style.

Ya I agree, and exactly why i sought them out.

I am surprised nobody in the US has mass produced these as an aftermarket set.
I bet somebody will soon, stern has switched over to using this style on many of their newer LEs.

Down side with them is, now i've gotta drill some holes in my cabinet for the extra screws, eek.

#11673 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

How do you get the boom plastic back on the bar?

Steve reattached it with small Phillips head screws for me after he powder coated it.

#11713 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I'm yet to receive my DP Prep, but it doesn't stop me considering powder coating options haha. I'm transitioning to a new computer so most of my pics etc are archived... but a couple I have sitting on my desktop... Personally, I'm thinking the metallic red option, contrasts beautifully.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Go with the LE finish if you can find somebody that can do it for ya. The gold flake is incredible in person and hard to photograph how cool it is. Pics of my premium are a couple posts up from your post.

I was a little concerned with the red being to much of a contrast. But honestly it makes such a statement i think i like it better than a true le.

2 months later
#12390 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Just joined the club. Picked it up last night and spent the day shopping it out. I tore the playfield down. Novus 2 then wax on everything. Polished the ramps. Washed all the plastics. Cleaned all the mechs (flippers were grimy and coil stops needed to be filed). Freshly waxed this game plays so amazing. Thanks to all in this thread for the little tech tips that I checked out while I had it all apart. I added a trough light and a 3D printed stand up target stabilizer on the SNIKT target to keep it in perfect alignment while everything was in pieces. This pin is a real pleasure to shop out. It’s a great design. Loving this pin.
3D printed target stabilizer

SNIKT in the right spot
[quoted image]

For what its worth, my dp premium did not come out of the box with that parallel alignment. It was angled. I noticed it and adjusted it straight. It made the SNIKT shot much more difficult and the game less fun. So i put it back how it came and i'ts wonderful. Not sure what the design intent is, but i know which angle i prefer.

Great job on the bracket reinforcement!

1 month later
#13122 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Open to offers. Local sale preferred, but will ship via STI if nothing local materializes within a few days.

Machine - For Sale

DP Premium in Mpls - w/Topper/Mods

New!

HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) “* Stern Insider Connected
* Stern topper
* Stern artblades
* Stern Katana armor
* Stern shooter
* Stern shaker
* Stern Deadpool banner
* Stern Ninja Stars bumper-caps mod
* Stern g...”

2 days ago

Minneapolis, MN

Jason_Jehosaphat

10,850 (OBO)

Quoted from sanctumwear:

Where did you get the upgraded disco ball from?

agreed! Need this info!

#13131 1 year ago

How is insider connected on DP? Deciding whether to put a kit in DP or Mando next.

#13133 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I own both and I would go with DP, code is finished at least structurally/bugs fixed and achievements are fun and not buggy.
Mando unfortunately has achievements you cannot unlock due to bugs and others that most suspect are topper related.

Thanks!

1 week later
#13251 1 year ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Has anyone had their premium powder coated in the same style as the limited edition with the beautiful gold flakes? I would love to see pictures.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I did, very very happy with it... check post 11,665 in this thread.

#13256 1 year ago

Anybody seen this type of plug in a node board. This is on my 2021 premium in the apron node board where insider goes…

Is it just a dummy?

176667BB-2ED6-4370-9FD5-17476F2A7682 (resized).jpeg176667BB-2ED6-4370-9FD5-17476F2A7682 (resized).jpeg1F16CE48-7D94-41A0-AFFF-B7ED48A70232 (resized).jpeg1F16CE48-7D94-41A0-AFFF-B7ED48A70232 (resized).jpeg9F7E5DAD-F934-4252-8D6E-8CA591F54560 (resized).jpeg9F7E5DAD-F934-4252-8D6E-8CA591F54560 (resized).jpeg
#13259 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Looks like an aerial to me. maybe for a remote or somesuch

What’s is an aerial if you don’t mind. It came this way from stern, definitely interesting.

#13261 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

noun
BRITISH
a rod, wire, or other structure by which signals are transmitted or received as part of a radio or television transmission or receiving system.
Perhaps you call it an antenna?

hah yep!

At first i wondered if it were a wifi antenna. but it just appears to be a crimped off patch cord

3 weeks later
#13465 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Anyone think about getting the Stern TMNT katana shooter rod and putting it on DEADPOOL? Maybe paint the wrapping red (instead of blue)?

The TMNT katana looks super cool, but kinda sucks to use fyi.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 64.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider purdue.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=purdue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.