(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 3,731 posts
  • 358 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by vireland
  • Topic is favorited by 144 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 831 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0F788517-B10A-4AA3-A5BB-0B5448AE572F (resized).jpeg
A1C844E9-544E-4183-8C2E-69FC2260CC3A (resized).jpeg
71950619-C60C-4AC8-9903-CE3E37D7D803 (resized).jpeg
FF106CFE-8EF5-4939-BB78-8F88B853B031 (resized).jpeg
A770DF39-33E7-406A-96A5-E5D3CF0B8185 (resized).jpeg
3FEBBFDD-A37C-46A2-9E05-C5CF095901A0 (resized).jpeg
87B83D3E-F59A-468B-A269-7F1BF1653822 (resized).jpeg
8D2F0526-A5E9-4233-9A4F-CB076A996A07 (resized).jpeg
CA97DD1D-2547-422F-B28C-1FD9380FC48B (resized).jpeg
4B926E9D-C01C-4178-ACA5-B34FE3474EE6 (resized).jpeg
1D7CD8AC-E1FA-423D-ACBB-FD51DA242F3D (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190615_202347 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190613_171927 (resized).jpg
0A4C5F39-43A5-43F1-8569-E04E0F7FBE51 (resized).jpeg
F13E5E14-6525-488C-AC52-B2685CBF6940 (resized).jpeg
20190708_181053 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

30 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #264 Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (10 months ago)

Post #270 Troubleshooting the Katana ramp shot Posted by chuckcasey (10 months ago)

Post #385 Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (10 months ago)

Post #414 Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (10 months ago)

Post #544 Post Rubbers wearing Posted by HighProtein (9 months ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (9 months ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (9 months ago)

Post #725 External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (9 months ago)

Post #889 Deadpool "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (8 months ago)

Post #894 Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (8 months ago)

Post #1032 Post Rubbers - Not installed by default (George's decision) Posted by Marcdaddy (8 months ago)

Post #1078 Snikt Target Adjustment Photos - Instructions in post #1081 Posted by Robertstone0407 (8 months ago)

Post #1092 Deadpool "ChimiFire" flaming truck Mod by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (8 months ago)

Post #1305 Disco Multiball - Premium/LE instructions Posted by nicknack66 (7 months ago)

Post #1408 Color Bracket mods for inserts by Pin Monk Posted by vireland (6 months ago)

Post #1504 Disco Loop Reject/Airball fix Posted by cpr9999 (6 months ago)

Post #1689 Drop Bank Issues - Check here Posted by Ferrone (5 months ago)

Post #1867 Deadpool Pro with Katana side armor installed Posted by StoneyFL (4 months ago)

Post #2147 Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Hooked on Pinball Posted by HOOKED (3 months ago)

Post #2155 Stern Ninja Star bumper cap kit Posted by twenty84 (3 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 11 months ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

Seems like the LE is definitely getting some love. I wonder how close it is to sold out.

Did my part yesterday by ordering an LE. And I think marcdaddy's wife and mine have a lot in common.

#12 11 months ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

LOL! I actually got her to enter her first tournament at level 257 in Schaumburg, of course we play against the who's who in pinball. It's all for fun [quoted image][quoted image]

Ok... I was mistaken based on your comment that you were lucky if your wife doesn't throw you out. I can't get mine anywhere near pins at home... no way in hell she'll be heading out to a location for a tournament. Congrats on the awesome wife... I have a feeling she won't be throwing you out!!

2 weeks later
#106 10 months ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I just made the plunge on LE. Let the wait begin

Depending on who your distributor is, the wait might not be that long. I got a call today and made the final payment on my LE. Was told it would be shipping “within two weeks”.

2 weeks later
#359 10 months ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Running code version 0.83
It looks like Stern has 0.84 for the Pro machine. No updates yet for Premium or LE.

I don't think that's correct. The email sent out only mentioned the Pro, but their website has code for both Pro and the Prem and LE.

Release notes below...

LE V0.84.0 - Sep. 13, 2018
==========================

- Deadpool Breaks the 4th Wall - tuned frequency of animations
- LIL' DEADPOOL MULTIBALL - tuned scoring
- NINJAPOCALYPSE combo - collects all NINJA shots lit by Ninja Pops
- MEGALODON QUEST - tuned roving megalodon shot speed
- KATANA-RAMA TIME - tuned scoring
- Adjustments added
- BALL SAVE TIMER: NINJA MBALL - default 15 seconds
- BALL SAVE TIMER: DISCO MBALL - default 15 seconds
- BALL SAVE TIMER: SAURON MBALL - default 15 seconds
- LIL DEADPOOL FRENZY BALL SAVE - default 4 seconds
- LIL DEADPOOL BOUNCE BALL SAVE - default 4 seconds
- Fixed: Game audits were not shown in Audit Menu
- Shaker motor support added
- SYSTEM - Updated to v2.12
- GAME CODE UPDATE - Corrected false failure in VERIFY operation

LE V0.83.0 - Sep. 10, 2018
==========================
- Initial release.

1 week later
#554 9 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Any other options for pinball cards?

Yeah... anything that we can actually print?

#556 9 months ago

Joined the club yesterday with LE #86. Although I couldn't find any reference to this in the DP comics, in my mind I can totally hear him saying "86 the Cheesy Puffs!"

IMG_0136 (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2018-09-27 at 9.21.45 AM (resized).png
2 weeks later
#845 9 months ago

In no way can I justify the LE price increase over the Pro. Having said that, you'll have to pry the left looping to right flipper, disco ball integration, drop target palooza, high def glass, amplified speaker system, LE specific art blades, shaker motor, lit speaker rings, T-rex cabinet, mirrored backglass, shaker motor and vinyl LP album from my cold dead hands. I can't imagine not owning the LE... it's that good so far!!

Turning out to be one of the best pinball machines ever and since the code is still early, I'm hoping it only gets better.

3 weeks later
#1030 8 months ago

The first time I had Ninja Multiball, all 3 balls came down at once. But since then, it’s always spaced out. I thought it was intentional at first and it made me think of 3 ninjas sliding down a rope line all at once... sneak attack!! I thought it was sort of cool (especially since ball saver would kick in if I didn’t manage to get all 3 in play). Would be great if they could put this as a selectable setting in the code menu.

1 week later
#1107 8 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Hot off the presses!! Introducing the Deadpool "ChimiFire" flaming truck Mod! Give your Deadpool Chimichanga truck an authentic Flaming look it deserves!! Custom translucent mod airbrushed to perfection. Plug and play integrated with truck flasher for an even and theme correct look. Color image and detailed instructions for a simple and reversible installation. Screw mount for Premium and LE, adhesive mount for simple Pro model installation. Raise the Chimi heat with a ChimiFire today!!! Shipping Today from our website store www.TheModCouplePinball.com
The Mod Couple
Thanks so much for everyones interest and support!!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The flaming truck mod is one of those mods that I hate. Hear me out... I hate it because the flat plastic fire on top of the truck didn’t bother me before. In fact, I’m not sure I even noticed it much before you posted this mod. But now I can’t stand the stock plastic and have to have this mod. This along with the replacement shooter housing mod will be on my LE someday. Nice job!!

#1111 8 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

What is the ... "replacement shooter housing "

I went to their website and it was listed under the Deadpool mods. Painted with “Boom” and some graphics. But a pic is worth a thousand words... check it out. I am trying to decide if the red on it matches or complements the LE powdercoat though before buying (will be next year at earliest anyway as wallet needs a bit of a break).

#1131 7 months ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Yes, it is with the game field protector. I am disappointed that there are many balls in the air at all times, when we hit the left slingshot they jump towards the shooter. When hitting the targets of the sides, it also hurts very uncomfortable to play like that. ..
I like it. I like the music, the arts, the animations, the code. But it bothers me a lot the balls in the air, it seems that they are going to break something ... I hate that this happens in a game

Am I missing what you’re trying to say? You put a Playfield protector on and this is causing many airballs? This seems like an unavoidable consequence unless you also raise up the slingshot rubbers and any other structures that may be striking the ball too low now. Hit the ball below the center and it will most certainly be launched in the air. I’ve had maybe 1 Airball in over 200 games on my LE... definitely not a problem in this game when everything’s adjusted properly.

#1138 7 months ago

Thanks for clarifying that this was happening before the Playfield protector. However, point of contact with the ball is more important than power. Even a low power sling will launch a ball if striking it below the “equator” so to speak. Try the washers under the posts or just push your sling rubbers up a bit if possible.

Sling power at default and no adjustments from factory on mine. Good luck. This game is a blast to play. So glad I pulled the trigger on the LE... this pin is bolted to the floor for me for the foreseeable future!!

#1181 7 months ago
Quoted from redman822:

I got my Pro home last week - but other than 1 hr of playtesting to make sure everything works, my wife has banned me from playing until Christmas since it is my Christmas present, too.
To make things even worse - we will be out of town on Christmas and won't be home until a couple days after Christmas.

WTF? So many emotions from this post. I mean, a Deadpool for Xmas? Winning!!
But not being able to play it for a month? Doh!!

And part of me wants to downvote your wife... but another part of me says... wow, what a wife!! In any case, hang in there man.

#1194 7 months ago

I'm not seeing any issue either.

And I'm not sure I'm understanding your translation... "but it keeps hitting me below the left ramp when it hits the blue rubber, it hits the ramp down and it moves a lot." Care to try again to explain that one? Or are you just saying that your ramp doesn't appear to be bolted down well? Maybe check the screws underneath the playfield if that's the issue... or try explaining it in a different way if it's something else.

#1204 7 months ago
Quoted from schudel5:

I didn't read the whole thread, but I assume the bonus multiplier lights between the flippers do nothing at the moment?

No... they currently work. Bonus multipliers are activated with the Snikt shot. This is a shot to the standup target just the right of the wolverine spinner that ricochets off the standup target and onto the katana ramp/sword. This advances the shot multiplier to 2x, then the next shot to 3x, and so on. The multiplier only last a short time (I think 20 seconds, but might be wrong). The sound effect when you hit this shot is supposed to be the sound of wolverines claws deploying... in the comics, they pen this as "SNIKT".

Difficult shot, but the more I play the higher my percentage of pulling it off is becoming. No way I could ever do it every time, but I'm happy with 10-20% or so success rate.

#1259 7 months ago
Quoted from JMK:

Man, I keep coming to this thread hoping for some news on a code update.
The pin is very fun but IMO needs some deeper rules and mode progression.
Don’t get me wrong, our clan is still really digging the overall gameplay.
Regarding mannymasy’s ongoing airball issues, I think the protector is likely contributing to this problem.
I’ve owned an LE for a while and have virtually no airballs.
It may be tough for Stern to problem solve this issue due to the installed pf protector.

Stern of the Union address today stated that new code is due out before the end of December. Yay!! I’m hoping for a big update with some changes to wow us. I love how this game shoots, with a combination of some nice flow shots (on the prem/LE especially) and some fun ramps. But wishing the code was a bit deeper and I can’t imagine it won’t be by the time they get to 1.0

Airballs has taken up 2-3 pages of posts. Was stated to be protector at the beginning. Seems to be proven to be that now. Maybe you’d have better luck with a unique thread since this a protector issue and not specific to this game. Maybe others with a protector have experienced this and have solutions to this problem. Others with protectors might just skip a Deadpool club thread.

#1270 7 months ago

Any other LE owners hear when the Vinyl album will be sent out?

#1279 7 months ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Anyone have issues with their BOOM button? I purchased my Pro Deadpool pin about 2 months ago, and last week the BOOM button started getting "stuck" (it would take time to "pop" back up). Then within 2 days, it got stuck altogether. Took it back to the dealer and he said "We've never had to replace a button before" (guilt trip) but they went ahead and gave me the one from the showroom.
I took it home, put it on my pin and it worked just fine. For 2 days. Today I noticed it is getting "stuck" again.
Any advice?

You really shouldn’t be eating chimichangas and playing at the same time. What did you expect?

1 week later
#1349 7 months ago

Out of town today and a local arcade just updated code so i stopped in to play a couple games. Now, I can hardly wait to get home to my LE so I can update and dive in a bit more. Mechsuit MB is a welcome addition and very well done.

#1364 6 months ago

Being out of town paid off... was just about to update to 0.96!!

#1373 6 months ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Is it 6 balls automatically? I got it last night and thought there were only 4 balls, but then again, there was a lot going on and I was also trying to look at the screen from time to time. On my NGG you can start with a 3 ball multiball, but then are able to add another ball, and then another ball in Ripoff MB. Wasn't sure if with mech suit MB you had to build up the multiballs in some way (e.g. the Add-A-Ball) like in some of the other multiball modes or if it starts with 6 and I just missed it. Thanks.

I had the same question. I thought it was 6 because of what someone else posted, but pretty sure mine was only at 4. Though with the crazy light show, sounds and animations, it's possible I missed something.

#1389 6 months ago

I felt like a billion was mine for the taking after i was well over 600mil on ball 1 with 3 more balls to play (including extra ball I scored in ball 1). Worst game ever after that. Ugh!

But ball 1 was the reason I play pinball. I was in the zone with ninja multiball, 3x playfield running. Super boom loaded up. Mechsuit was a blast and I destroyed disco loops. 6x bonus multiplier ended up with an bonus of approx 105mil.

Pinball can be a cruel mistress sometimes.

89353C16-9DC5-4B0E-98B1-C6A97EF58D85 (resized).jpeg
#1426 6 months ago
Quoted from SLeRiC:

Aiming for end of December

Some people are just a poor shot!!

#1451 6 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Is anyone else ever getting decent end of ball bonus multipliers on a Premium/LE? I am at 1x 99% of the time. From watching videos of the Pro, the ball is in the top lanes way more than Premium/LE due to the Premium/LE doing the full orbit up the ramp. Looks like on the Pro the diverter is down most of the time to drop the ball into into the top lanes and then into the pops when shooting the left orbit.
My guess is it is much easier to get a decent end of ball multiplier on the Pro than the Premium/LE, or maybe it is difficult on both, or maybe I just suck.

Quoted from nicknack66:

Most of the time I am also getting 1x bonus but I think part of it is that I like to go for the super skill shot. It’s worth more, may lock a ball if the lock is lit, and it fits my personality (I like the full plunge with the super skill shot - no patience for the delicate plunge shot to try and hit the lit upper lane). Sometimes I do get 2x but that’s the most I’ve ever gotten. My playing skills probably suck as well so that doesn’t help (still haven’t crossed 500 mil even with the latest code update).

I also like to go for the super skill shot... but a trick I use is to lower the auto plunger strength (now in settings with new code). Now I can manually full plunge at the beginning of balls for the super skill, but when I’m in multiball during the ball-save period, each new ball auto-plunged ends up in the lanes (play with the strength). This gives me more lane triggers and also gives me a few more seconds to make shots with the other balls in multiball.

#1482 6 months ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Has anyone had an issue with the new code crashing mid game? A friend told me not to install new code until next update due to the crash issue, but i wanted to see if anyone else has had issues

I've been running 0.97 since it came out and probably a few dozen games or more. No issues with crashing here... I think there would be reports in this thread if this were true.

#1503 6 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

It happened occasionally so I added an additional piece of cushion to existing rubber at the end just before it jumps onto sword. Fixed it

Could you post a pic of your solution? Been meaning to try this myself. It happens quite regularly to me, especially when the ball is flying around the loop at high speed. I think it hits the ramp portion that directs it back up on the katana and gets airborne. A few times it’s going so fast that it bounces off katana, bounces on playfield and over into left outlane... super frustrating when that happens.

I will be adding some dead drop foam in strategic locations when I’m back to my game.

#1525 6 months ago

In addition to the color of the boom button, keep an eye out on the bottom right side of the LCD screen. It shows you how many boom “bombs” you have saved up. When you get to 4, it turns into one large boom “bomb”.

#1542 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Took our local shark all of one game to break a billion after we updated to .97. He’s insane.

Well, he probably had some inside knowledge of the Megaladon mode... playing with a “fin up” so to speak!!

1 week later
#1632 5 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

This will be my first and only Pin

20 mins later...

Quoted from mbrave77:

At this point if I got a second it would be dialed in.

And that, my friend, is how the disease starts!! Welcome to the support group.

#1646 5 months ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

v0.98 is out!
PRO V0.98.0 - Jan 24, 2019
===========================
- Added support for topper.
- BERSERKER RAGE
- Added grace period between finishing a mode and starting Berserker Rage
- DISCO MULTIBALL
- Added grace period between finishing a mode and starting Disco Multiball
- Number of Disco spinner spins to light Disco Multiball increased from 50 to 60 spins.
- MECHSUIT MULTIBALL
- When Mechsuit Multiball is Lit, disable Disco Multiball, Berserker Rage,
and Katanarama Time.
- 5 Jackpot shots are lit (L. Orbit, L. Ramp, Center Shot, R. Ramp, R. Orbit).
- Collect 5 jackpots to light Super Jackpot at the scoop.
- Super Jackpot awards big points and 1 BOOM.
- Scoring balanced.
- PLAYFIELD MULTIPLIER - increased timer
- MYSTERY - added Extra Ball mystery award
- Weapon Jackpot awards
- 45 weapons - Light Mechsuit Multiball
- 75 weapons - Light Extra Ball (auto adjusts)
- 100, 200, 300 weapons ... - Bump playfield multiplier minimum for the rest of the ball.
- Fixed: intermittent crash in Sabretooth Battle
- Update to nodeboard firmware v0.29.0
- Added system adjustment for Spike 2 games when a headphone kit is installed:
- "MUTE KNOCKER IF HP DETECTED" - will not play replay knocker sound when
headphones are in use. Default value is NO (not muted).
- "DISABLE Q24 KNOCK IF HP DETECTED" - will not fire Q24 knocker coil when
headphones are in use. Default value is NO (not disabled).
- DIAG->NODE->BRD->Overcurrent Test now displays Drive/Coil and Light/LED
description instead of device address.

Well... other than the changes in the Mechsuit multiball jackpots this looks to be mostly adjustments to timing/grace periods/scoring.

0.96 added a bunch of new fun features, but not so this time. 0.97 was bug fixes and 0.98 are these minor enhances. Don't get me wrong, they are definitely appreciated, but I guess this shows how complete the code already is. Personally, I'm still hoping they manage to throw in some cool stuff to wow us when they release 0.99 and 1.00... before they declare the code to be finished.

1 month later
#1946 4 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

Premium/LE is better. Game is a clunky shooter on both versions, but the Premium is a better overall experience. Maiden and TWD are all-time classics, so it's not above those. Probably just below Star Wars (which has come a LONG way since launch), IMO. Deadpool code has improved a lot.
I don't know that lightning flippers would help gameplay. Ball times would be shorter, but it might make the clunk worse if it changes the way you flip to account for the missing bit at the ends of them...

I had my LE at home and hadn’t played other versions initially. My LE shot great from my initial setup with only minor tweaks. I think a good indicator of setup now is how easy is it to get to Mechsuit multiball. Because this multiball is from earning weapons and weapons are earned from combo shots, you get a good sense of how well the game flows if you can hit a lot of combos. I can often get to Mechsuit by second ball.

I honestly had no idea why people described it as a clunky shooter in some initial reviews because mine shot so well. I thought they were upset about the rejects from the katana ramp. Even with perfect setup I’m typically only 50-60% for this ramp. But I recently played a pro on route and a premium at another location. And now I get it. Both of these did not shoot as well as my LE at home and I had plenty of shots I would describe as clunky.

It’s true for all pins to a certain degree, but I think it’s really important on this pin to get the setup right. I also found that after a fresh waxing, when the ball is really flying, I can hit the katana ramp shot a lot more often.

1 month later
#2286 3 months ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

What should I look out for having a machine setup on carpet? Are there any pads or anything that anyone suggests putting under the feet?

For carpet I use these... can get at Walmart or Home Depot for quick pickup.

Depending on the type of carpet, they can help with nudging. And easier to move for maintenance.

amazon.com link »

#2304 3 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

... this is how stern does it in the premium and LE.

I applaud the attempt to get the spinner out to all games, as this is a super cool feature during Disco modes. However, your setup has very little in common with how Stern does it in the prem/LE. The light and geometry of light/ball are uber important if you want the dazzling light effect on your gameroom ceiling as well as the playfield. And of course the strobing/flashing effect is important as well, but I think this is a code thing where your hands are probably tied with respect to matching.

#2309 3 months ago

Quoted from redman822:Hey all - I have acquired some 3.75" figures to mod out my DP.
I am new to the whole mode process - I know I don't want to connect the figures to the actual plastics, that much is obvious - so what advice can you all give me on how to do this?
Thanks in advance...

Reach out to bryan_kelly for the best mounting techniques for figures in your games. On second thought... maybe skip that idea and just follow the advice posted by Pin Monk. It'll turn out better and there won't be any name calling!!

#2390 3 months ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Installed these from hooked on pinball. They are bad ass and made of real metal not plastic. Blown away. Easy install. Im gonna solder in a bigger brighter led though as they dont light up much[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

hooked , might be worth upping the cost by a few bucks and including brighter LED’s with the kit. Or at the very least, making a recommendation on which particular LED has the appropriate brightness for the look you intend (plus will still fit). Thinking about ordering these soon and would prefer not to reinvent the wheel if this has already been worked out.

#2400 3 months ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Stern is cheap and dont use sockets its a little cheap board with an LED. Im gonna solder in a red wedge led light

Ok... Wasn’t aware there weren’t actual led bulbs in the new pops since i hadn’t looked inside. robertstone0407 , would you consider posting a pic of before and after if you do the solder on new leds like you said.

1 week later
#2469 87 days ago
Quoted from manadams:

Has anyone created a sound mod for this game yet on the R-rated speech or little deadpool? Thinking about picking one up and that would help my decision a little.

Thought I might need something like this before getting mine. After playing it, I really don't think it’s lacking anything in the callout dept and not sure it would benefit from rated-R... but I’m open to having my mind changed if a good option comes along. But I definitely wouldn’t let this be the only reason you don’t get one. One of the best games out there today for sure!!

#2487 86 days ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

No doubt Deadpool is on the rise. I would argue it’s one of the most sort after games right now and there was not enough sold to go around. Someone please sell me their pro!!!

They’re still making and selling them.

1 week later
#2667 76 days ago

Don’t use Naptha unless you’re doing a complete strip down and re-wax. It will remove all the current wax and you don’t want that unless it’s just too dirty for novus to work. Novus 1 is to be used between waxing... it will clean up without removing too much of your current wax layer. Then, you can add wax on top, or just play after the novus 1 depending on how fast you want it to be. Don’t forget to clean and polish your balls and replace if any signs of pitting or other wear.

#2700 73 days ago

Calling is probably best bet, as that gameroomguys listing has “special order” as the stock status. My guess is it’s a non-updated listing and you won’t find if they can get it til you try to order. My recommendation is to call JJ at Game Exchange. He responds super quick and has the best customer service in the hobby.

I would add that my LE is one of my favorite games in my lineup and absolutely one of the most beautiful. Mirrored backglass makes it worth it alone in my eyes (among all the other upgrades). You won’t regret it if there are any left.

#2741 70 days ago

1.01 is out!!

LE V1.01.0 - May 8, 2019
========================
- Updated LIL' DEADPOOL LOCK Device:
- Improved ball lock handling. If the drop targets do not stay up when
the devices attempts to catch the ball, retry the drop target reset
up to 3 times. If the ball is not successfully locked within 4 seconds
of hitting the Lil Deadpool target, start the next qualified
Lil Deadpool mode.
- Improved ball lock-out handling. In the lock-out state, the drop
targets are reset whenever they are hit. If the ball gets behind the
drop targets when the device is in this state, lower the drop targets
to release the ball.
- Adjustment: "DISABLE LIL DP TARGET BANK" - when this adjustment is set to YES,
the Lil Deadpool drop targets will never reset and the Lil Deadpool device
will not be unable to lock balls. Rules that rely on locking a ball in the
Lil Deadpool device will compensate; the following rules are effected:
- Lil Deadpool Multiball, Frenzy, and Bounce
- T-Rex Quest
- Mr. Sinister: Megakrakolodonus Rex
- Mr. Sinister: The Final Battle
- Adjustment removed: "LIL DEADPOOL LOCKS BALLS" (Lil' Deadpool device will
always attempt to lock balls unless "DISABLE LIL DP TARGET BANK" is set to YES.
- Adjustment added: "BALL SAVE TIMER: LDP RECENT LOCK" (Default 0 seconds). If this
is set to a value greater than 0 seconds, a ball saver will start as soon as the
Lil' Deadpool target is hit to initiate a ball lock attempt.
- Updated switch test: do not reset Lil Deadpool drop target bank when the
Lil Deadpool target is closed in switch test.
- Updated T-REX QUEST:
Updated rules:
- At mode start
- All arrow shots are lit.
- Lil Deadpool drop targets stay up when hit.
- When a lit arrow shot is made
- Shot is unlit.
- Lil Deadpool drop targets trip down.
- T-Rex hurry up starts on the Lil Deadpool stand up target (12 seconds).
- If another lit shot is made, the hurry-up value is boosted and time is added.
- If hurry-up times out, drop targets are reset. If no shots are lit when the
hurry-up times out, all shots are relit.
- When the lit Lil Deadpool stand up target is hit,
- Collect hurry-up award.
- All shots are relit.
- Collect the hurry-up 4 times to light the scoop to collect DNA.
- Shoot lit scoop to collect DNA sample and complete the mode.
- If ball is drained while scoop is lit, the mode is completed.
Updated display:
- Display T-Rex Hurry-Up value when it is available at the Lil Deadpool target
- Updated WEAPON JACKPOT award:
- 100, 200, 300 weapons ... bump playfield multiplier minimum for the rest of the game.
- Updated MYSTERY: If Extra Ball is Lit, do not award Light Extra Ball from MYSTERY.
- Updated LIL' DEADPOOL FRENZY: switch value increases by 100k each time the
mode is restarted. Max switch value is 400k.
- Fixed REGENERATE - during multiball, a ball going down the left outlane with
Regenerate lit would intermittently not award a ball save.
- Added formatted game pricing to attract mode screens.

- System V2.27:
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.40.0
- Updated instructions for RESTORE SETTINGS.
- Reordered items in UTIL->VOL, moved CABINET SPEAKER TYPE to be after
BACKBOX SPEAKER TYPE.
- Added UTIL->RESET->VOL which will reset all audio settings to their
default values.
- Append (MAX) to the credit message if the number of credits equals
the CREDIT LIMIT adjustment.

#2743 70 days ago

T-rex hurry ups with the drop targets more clearly defining that the hurry up is active should be a nice feature. I love it when something you didn't think was broken and already worked pretty nicely is enhanced even further to make the game play more enjoyable. Nice work Tanio!!

#2762 70 days ago

Just updated and put a few games on it. As I mentioned before, T-Rex quest was just fine before, but now it's INTENSE and I love it. Unless I just didn't notice it before, they added a heartbeat sound effect during the 12 second hurry-up timer for the cash in at the lil DP collect. Truly brings this mode/quest into it's own and defines it much better I think. Love the risk/reward of going for multiple T-rex shots before cashing in. With the points on the LCD counting down, you can see how much you're risking if you choose to keep going to build it up instead of just taking the easy points.

I did notice that my lil DP multiball behavior seemed messed up a bit. Not sure if a bug, but lil DP multi ball started on it's own while I was trapping up a ball with the flippers with no ball captured in the lil DP area. Pin just ejected a ball into the shooter lane and wham, lil DP multiball. Guessing this had something to do with the settings they implemented for the drop targets not capturing the ball, but I didn’t read those close enough to see what they are doing. Will have to play with the settings if so, because I never had any issues with the way mine worked before.

#2763 70 days ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Do they not retain scores now?
Didn't Stern add that recently?

I can tell you that I did nothing extra other than load the last two updates with quick update. No settings adjust or anything and it seemed to hold all my settings automatically. My GC was on there from before and eject power from hellhouse seemed to be similar (though I didn't go into settings to check)

#2766 70 days ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

I just had something similar happen to me. I don't remember the exact circumstances but lil DP MB started on me seemingly out of nowhere. At the time I did not think I had met the requirements to start it. I will have to pay closer attention to see if I notice a trend.

I suspect it’s a bug. Hopefully corrected soon.

#2783 69 days ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

After my first plunge I hit the right orbit, then up the ramp. Scored the secret skill shot, but not Ninjapocalypse... Did I have to have a spawned ninja first to score it?

I have noticed that most of the time the right orbit doesn't register for a couple seconds after the plunge, so maybe this is it. Personally, I understand not counting the right orbit switches on a plunge, but the timeout delay should really be set to like a quarter or half second because it's quite possible to hit that right orbit again immediately off the plunge and I'd certainly like to get credit for it. I'm hoping they fix this if possible.

#2794 69 days ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

For those of you that have upgraded to 1.01, given what seems like a bug(s), is the update worth the bugs, or better to hold off and stick with 1.0 for now?

Quoted from vireland:

1.0 has bugs that are annoying, too, like losing the regen without getting your ball back. I'd still recommend 1.01.

Plus... now that the settings are saved when you update, you really aren’t out much by updating. The bug i saw wasn’t a game changer or anything... just a minor annoyance that will soon be fixed I hope.

#2838 67 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

DP is such a freakin cool and unique game. There’s a lot of talk about how cool the Katana ramp and Snikt shots are, but what about that colossus shot?!? I’m loving that shot! I think i may like it more than the Katana ramp. So cool to whip it around and hit the target. Plus, it’s integrated very well into the rules/code.
That’s my random post of the day; still got a high going on and cant stop thinking about this game haha.

Completely agree. It’s a very findable shot and satisfying to hit. Because it doesn’t have the flow of some of the other shots, I think it gets a bad rap. Glad to know others like it as much as I do.

#2845 67 days ago
Quoted from RobT:

Take any one of those shots from DP that you mention and put it on another pin and chances are very high that it would be the best shot on that pin.

Never thought of it that way, but I think you 100% nailed it.

#2888 65 days ago

And just like that, some of the defaults (possibly seen as bugs) are addressed... along with a couple scoring changes.

LE V1.02.0 - May 13, 2019
=========================
- Added Adjustment - "LIL DP START REQUIRES BALL LOCK" (Default is YES).
- YES: The ball must be locked behind the Lil' Deadpool drop targets in order
to start a Lil' Deadpool mode. (This was the default behavior in v1.00.0).
- NO: When the Lil' Deadpool is lit GREEN for lock and the Lil' Deadpool stand-up
target is hit, the device will attempt to lock the ball behind the drop targets.
If the ball is not locked within 4 seconds, the next Lil' Deadpool mode will start
automatically. (This was the default behavior in v1.01.0).
This adjustment is ignored if the "DISABLE LIL DP TARGET BANK" adjustment is set to YES.
- Fixed: Right orbit switch was ignored for 2 seconds after ball leaves shooter lane.
- Updated Super Skill Shot: timer increased from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Updated Ninjapocalypse: awards 5M, 5.5M, 6M, ... 10M max.
- Updated Ninjapocalypse display: added score and ninjas collected.
- Snikt display: added playfield multiplier value.

#2907 64 days ago

Just saw a post on Tilt Forums that T-rex now has a scoring exploit with the new code. Tournaments should not use 1.01 or 1.02 because of this exploit which in the example provided on that post could give you up to 3B for 4 collects of the T-rex if you were to build the hurry up with max multipliers.

Makes me want to try this at home just to see my score blowup, but then I'd have to reset GC because I'd never get to beat that after they fix it (which will probably be soon the way they are cranking out fixes/updates). Who am I kidding? I'd never be able to hit enough shots perfectly anyway, so probably wouldn't be noticeable to me.

#2951 61 days ago

Boom!! Finally joined the Billion point club. Haven’t been playing much lately, so it felt good. Most of the points came on ball 1 (~700mil) with a stack of T Rex with Ninja multiball. Next goal, 2Bil and making it to the wizard modes.

A01EBD6F-C888-4D0F-BD58-7297CFDF6ED9 (resized).jpeg
#3035 55 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Makes me wonder if they did anything to tweak their Snikt shot or not? I wonder what pitch they run it at? Has anyone done anything to make their Snikt shot more successful?

I'm pretty sure if I put an extra button on the lockdown bar and wired it directly to the snikt shot so that I could activate it at will, I'd still not come close to 10bil.

1 week later
#3178 48 days ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Here's my take on the instruction cards.
For best fit with the theme, I used ZombieYettis art.
[quoted image]

Awesome!! I think you just pulled together the new gold standard for apron cards to replace those stock yellow beasts.

2 weeks later
#3351 33 days ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

...over $11k of play ...

BOOM!!

#3427 27 days ago
Quoted from melumga:

When I first got my machine, the Hell House VUK would kick the ball to the top of the right flipper, allowing me to catch it. Nowadays, it kicks to the plastic just above the flipper, sending the ball wild and often into the slings. Does anyone know how I can rectify this? Playfield is perfectly balanced. Even when I adjusted the legs to lean a little more left, it still happens. Thanks.

The hellhouse kickout power is adjustable in settings. Mine used to hit the sling and I lowered the power so it goes a bit slower and gravity pulls it to the flipper instead of the sling. Play around with that setting and hopefully it will work for you too.

1 week later
#3522 19 days ago
Quoted from rogerroger:

I received my NIB DP premium on Wednesday, and aside from a few issues (nut for one of the screws associated with a pop bumper keeps coming off, a few of the mirror squares from the disco ball hanging off, and some decal wrinkling), it seems to be playing well. My only other issue is attaining the proper slope of the playfield. Can someone post pics of their leg levelers? I've got the back ones as flat as possible and the front ones are about as high as possible and my slope is still about 7.9 with the bubble almost split with the top line. I am using a digital level and not relying on the bubble.

That sounds really odd. I would reach out to your distributor to see if the playfield supports are mounted properly... doesn’t seem possible to get 7.9 with your leg levelers in the positions you stated. Can you post pics of where your measuring the slope and the underside of the playfield where it sits on the rear mounts?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinzap.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside