(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,296 posts
  • 1,093 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by truemagoo102
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#629 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Yes thanks. only problem is I don’t get play much! DPLE is giving me the “one more game” hook like no other game. Hell I just keep trying to hit the katana shot even when it’s not lit; it’s so damn fun.

Yes I played my Buddy RandomKG’s DP and really enjoyed it. I play for fast and furious fun and the need to not walk away and play one more game. Very few pins fall in this category but DP seems to have the fun and “one more!” written all over it. DP is on my short list.

Congrats new owners!

1 month later
#1075 5 years ago

Got my “loaner” DP in house from a friend to try out to see if I like it. He has 2 DP’s so apparently he likes it. Who does that?!

Fun playing game!

AAC7CA1C-E823-454E-ABAA-19A574DC8D6A (resized).jpegAAC7CA1C-E823-454E-ABAA-19A574DC8D6A (resized).jpeg

6 months later
#3254 4 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

A ball popped up and cracked this plastic piece. Does anyone know where I can pick up a replacement?[quoted image]

Call or contact Chas at Stern and send a photo. See if they will mail you one.

1 year later
#9200 2 years ago

Finally in the club. As you all know - fun game!

36B97D3B-85BA-4938-9195-311EDBC8EAFE (resized).jpeg36B97D3B-85BA-4938-9195-311EDBC8EAFE (resized).jpeg
#9249 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Has anyone modified the TMNT shooter rod for deadpool? I was thinking painting gold areas black and a red leather grip. Looking for ideas I don't care for the stock shooter. My game is powdercoated red.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Might bump your thigh into the handle while playing but I think it would look good. The candy armor looks great. My Prem I just bought had that color also. Sweet.

1 month later
#9932 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yipppeede! One of the players at my Sunday comps owns a powdercoating business. So deadpool is getting the treatment. No hinges or coin door, purple trim coming for the backbox, but may use black too.
[quoted image]

Good friend to have right there! Don’t piss that friend off.

1 month later
#10166 2 years ago

Soooo apparently on the plunge you can shoot the right loop with the left flipper and then hit the Katana shot next after the ball comes back around for a 12,500,000 super skill shot?! That’s why I own and love DP!

2 months later
#10697 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

I don’t have the machine set to restart a game, so when I have a bad first ball, I have to live with it. I figure on location, that’s the way it’s going to be, so I might as well get used to it. Now if only I could consistently nail that left orbit shot!

I always play out the rest of my balls. Many many times I have stunk up the first couple of balls and blew things up on ball 3. Like ball 3 never ends! On the flip side many times I have blew up ball 1 and drained both balls 2-3 doing absolutely nothing.

Also I oddly have had many “best games” after I have I played a few awful games before it. So I usually don’t walk away and hit start again until I have at least one “respectable” game when I play.

On the your comments earlier just keep playing and you will get better. I went to boot camp years ago when I bought an Iron Man that played really tough. Now that game killed me but really sharpened my skills. All other games felt easier after I got good at IM. DP is fun and won’t kill you as you learn. Take your time.

With the whole points thing I just play for fun. With DP I try to start and win each battle and collect weapons to play Mechsuit MB which is the funniest and most fun MB in pinball for me. I don’t look at my score until the end.

The best games are the ones you want to play one more game of when you are stinking it up or playing well and for me there are not many but DP is one off them for sure.

#10714 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Bad advice here. The premium is not the only way to go and the pro is definitely not bland. You won’t be disappointed with either that you choose.

I agree with you. The pro plays great. I do think the premium is better though and worth the upgrade if you have the cash because DP is one of the greatest. This being said for buying purposes for NIB if I had a choice I would lean Prem. For HUO purchase I would get either pro or Prem which ever comes up at a fair price semi local from me. That’s what I did with my DP purchase and the stars aligned and I got a Prem. Now it seems the stars have to align to get anything anymore.

The pro is solid. I wouldn’t kick the pro out of bed.

#10717 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

DP suffer from the problem as Iron Maiden to me. The premium doesn't necessarily have enough to justify the upgrade but what put the nail in the coffin when I was deciding pro vs premium is that I really like the art package on both pro models and really dislike the art package on the premiums. I have a 1 storey home so I see my games all day.

Oh IMDN and DP PROS are great.

My main point was right now we pretty much don’t have a choice of pro or Prem because of not many HUO for sale and dealers are sold out. Stern is doing a run of them and the dealers are selling out their preorder spots also.

On NIB’s coming out I still don’t understand if the prices are going up to Godzilla pricing next year or not??
Not sure. Hope not

#10724 2 years ago
Quoted from db666: "It's just Fun" was his reply. BOOM! Enough said, he's right![quoted image][quoted image]

It’s really this simple. Some folks will never figure it out.

3 months later
#11699 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

Just picked these up from same seller. Awesome games.[quoted image]

Yeah I was sitting at home bored one Sunday morning and saw your post about WTB both DP and GDZ. I thought let’s message my friend who had them for fun. It was interesting seeing things line up for you both that day. Congrats on the purchase!

#11719 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

I'm yet to receive my DP Prep, but it doesn't stop me considering powder coating options haha. I'm transitioning to a new computer so most of my pics etc are archived... but a couple I have sitting on my desktop... Personally, I'm thinking the metallic red option, contrasts beautifully.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

On the Prem I like the candy apple red which was pretty popular on Iron Man. The LE lighter red armor looks better on that with a lot of yellow on the cab. For Prem darker red works better with the cab colors being darker blue. Just my opinion. The pics below are hard to make out the Speckled dark red, but I tried.

1EE16955-8597-49D1-BA59-D53201C94990 (resized).jpeg1EE16955-8597-49D1-BA59-D53201C94990 (resized).jpeg2DBB8C53-B99A-4EEC-9F99-35D39F9416D4 (resized).jpeg2DBB8C53-B99A-4EEC-9F99-35D39F9416D4 (resized).jpeg
#11730 2 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Got it set up. Installed side rails, topper. Need speaker lights next
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice collection and DP should fit right in. Curious what your top favorites of your pins are if you would like to share them?

Congrats!

#11762 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I was told by my distributor the orders were cut in half for them specifically.
Which is why I’m in the forum now...my order got cut.
I originally pre-ordered a premium. But.. if I can get a pro should I just do it? What’s the big difference to people that have played both. I have a Godzilla pro and love it and I’ve played the premium.
Also, I already have a shaker motor, topper, side armor, blades, and a few other goodies.... I’m in too deep to not get a Deadpool now haha
Any advice on pro vs premium is greatly appreciated

From your posts you seem newer and just want to have fun playing pinball and you seem to really enjoy finally owning them. Good for you!

Some who have been around the block get caught up on some features missing on a pro that take away from their pinball experience on a game. Others pretty much have just as much fun playing either. Depends on which type of person you are. Keep in mind some folks have a dozen other games to shoot so no big loss if they don’t have DP either model.

Shoot for a Prem if you have the coin but I would just grab a pro if you have access to one soon. Prem NIB wait is an unknown. Stern and your Distro also, need to pull through for you . Pro plays great and is a ton of fun. As we get closer to Summer perhaps more info will come out which will help you make a decision also.

Good luck!

#11779 2 years ago

You really can’t just say get a pro or pay $2000 more to get a Prem and have most go with “yeah just get a Prem then” and do this comparison anymore.

Now it’s
1. Will I be able to get either one NIB in the next 6 months?
2. A HUO Prem will run you not $2000 but $4000 more over a Pro
3. Will I be able to find a HUO or PREM FS locally in the next 6 months?

The disco loop is great but look at the above and pretend you don’t own DP yet and want one. Things have changed Unfortunately. I think I DP pro is much better than many other Sterns even Prems.

3 months later
#12657 1 year ago
Quoted from CashMoney:Picked up last night from FedEx. Reached out to a couple of the smaller distributors a few weeks ago to see if any of them had DP pro spots left and got super lucky. Most likely this is the last run of DP.
Born date: April 29th, 2022
Will be adding: Cliffys, upgraded 5.25” kicker speakers and a JBL sub and LED speaker light kit. Pinnovators external sub out kit with Polk PSW10 ext sub. Slingshot protectors, ninja star pop caps, mirror blades, shaker motor, new coil stops, and eventually a nice powder coat from the Pinball Refinery (TBD).
[quoted image]

Good job on being proactive on calling around and being ready to pull the trigger right then. Pro plays great. You will love it!

#12683 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Playfield Leveling/Alignment Help Sought:
My plunge-to-left-flipper-to-Katana shot - my favorite of this game - isn't working, nor is the right-spinner-loop-to-left-flipper shot. Specifically, the ball grazes the left sling as it comes to the left flipper. It will sometimes fire the sling, or it will graze the bottom of the sling, disturbing the timing of the flip. If I wait for a dead flip, the ball will sometimes carom off the heel of the sling and go SDTM.
I realize the fix here should be about pitch/level, but I can't get it to work despite much experimentation. My spirit level is in the middle, which I assume means the pitch is 6.5-degrees. I "cheated" the PF level a little to the right, but that didn't solve it. What I want to avoid is deliberately misleveling the cabinet just to get this one shot to work. Doing that would disturb the other shots, obviously. Will it be necessary to change the position of the playfield ball guide that ends just above the left bank of drop targets?
Does a steeper- or gentler pitch help these shots work?
Thanks in advance.

If you know the previous owner ask them if what is going on now was normal.

#12772 1 year ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

With prices like this how do I justify keeping my open box 0 plays LE?
[quoted image]

Good time to sell anything that got bumped up during the pandemic. Things are slowing down including money flow from then Govt. Stocks just got sold off and good ones that make money will come back ok but a group of stupidly priced ones likely never come back to near where they were. If a pin you own is stupidly overpriced like $15k plus LE’s you may want sell. The $15k Deadpool’s only started last Dec in tight supply for sale before Christmas. It’s not a years long pattern of pricing. It’s possible it sticks, sure. I don’t think it’s probable. All IMHO.

1 year later
#15766 4 months ago

Quoted from bwalter:

Scoring is pretty straightforward: The SNIKT! shot bounced up the left ramp and around into the katana raises the playfield multiplier for a time, and you can get as high as 5x. It’s not an easy shot to make, but it’s not complicated at least.

SNIKT! is a great shot when you hit it! Gomez made his typical clunk work with that shot. Love it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 64.99
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinnyheadhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=pinnyheadhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.