(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,265 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by BurntBiscuit
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newovad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3481 4 years ago

Upon searching, it doesn't look like Stern does attract mode outside of scores and coin tutorials.

1 week later
#3578 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I had a 92mill final shot the other day. I'll have to focus more on trying to build that.
What exactly does the boom button give you? I just hit it whenever it lights. Is there reason to save it for certain times?

http://tiltforums.com/t/deadpool-rulesheet/4311#toc9

BOOM Button
Use flippers to cycle lower inlane inserts to spell B-O-O-M. Completing B-O-O-M will light the lock bar button yellow. Hitting the button when flashing will spot the highest value shot on the playfield (other than the scoop). Completing B-O-O-M 4 times without using the button will light the button red for “Big Boom”, which collects all of the lit shots on the playfield. Pay attention to colors of the boom button as the game does not call-out when you have earned a “Big Boom”. Current available “Booms” are displayed on the right side of the display.

Note that if no shots are lit or all shots are the same value, the game gives priority to shots on the left of the playfield.

#3613 4 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

I'm about to go play this game. Let me know if you want a picture of today's newspaper next to the loading screen.
Seriously, though, let's go ahead and stake this code thing to my very reputation on this site. The friend who sent me the picture not only wouldn't start a hoax or know how to use Photoshop, but also has no idea about the significance of 1.03 versus any other random number. So, I'm not being duped, and I promise I'm not duping anyone else.
I've reached out to Tanio on Twitter to try to get more info but haven't heard back.
Let's put this to rest, other than actually trying to figure out if anything is new in 1.03. OK, everyone?

Not sure what people think you have to gain. I'm also pretty sure some folks are just busting your chops. We assume DP will get a few more updates before it is code complete. Plus, the updates have been pretty regular, unlike GB.

Looks like most people would want to know if they have added any other high score tables.

#3649 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

ok that makes me feel a little better. It's such a nice shot when it works but even that 20% or so is starting to get on my nerves a little.

There are two key posts about the katana. Check out posts #270 and #2647. Both involve a little bending.

1 week later
#3722 4 years ago

I'm having some strange Ninja Multiball / Katana Ramp issues. Started a new game, hit the skill shot and locked a ball in the katana ramp. Except it released the ball and play continued. There were no other balls in the lock. Locked a second ball and that one stays. Both times the display shows Ball # locked. Hit the Snikt but the ball does not go up or near the ramp. Ninja multiball starts.

Other strange issue regarding the katana lock, different game. Locked my first ball and it stayed in the katana as it should. Upon draining, the game sits, initiates a ball search and kicks the ball out of the katana and continues play.

I've completed both the trough test and katana test in the diagnostics menu. I've gone into switch test and all the optos are aligned. I'm not sure where to go from here.

#3725 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Opto switches are a pain in the butt. One day they work, the next they don’t. Try reseating the connections under the playfield that go to all those opto boards. It’s possible one loose connection could be causing the sporadic issues in vibrations. Also check the opto at the top of the katana ramp on the left.

I had checked the optos at the ramp entrances as well beforehand. Before I went to reseat connections, I noticed a Technician Alert for Trough Switch 4. I'm thinking if it is showing a ball missing, it could throw off the game. I reseated the different opto connectors anyway and I will see if that makes a difference.

How does one go about troubleshooting the Stern trough optos, just in case I need to do that? I hope that answer isn't, get a new Stern opto board.

#3728 4 years ago
Quoted from nitroman28:

Which came first? Go to 6:30 and name that tune.

Missing all the "BOOM's".

#3730 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Could be loose wires (always look for easiest solution first) but new Optos act very sporadic when they’re going bad. Can work for a week, then malfunction every day for a week.

Had the pin for a week; hope the optos aren't going bad already. I did reseat connectors and did a factory restore. Everything has been aces so far...

#3737 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

I'm having some strange Ninja Multiball / Katana Ramp issues. Started a new game, hit the skill shot and locked a ball in the katana ramp. Except it released the ball and play continued. There were no other balls in the lock. Locked a second ball and that one stays. Both times the display shows Ball # locked. Hit the Snikt but the ball does not go up or near the ramp. Ninja multiball starts.
Other strange issue regarding the katana lock, different game. Locked my first ball and it stayed in the katana as it should. Upon draining, the game sits, initiates a ball search and kicks the ball out of the katana and continues play.
I've completed both the trough test and katana test in the diagnostics menu. I've gone into switch test and all the optos are aligned. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Think I figured this one out. I was still getting weird behavior and a Service Alert for Trough Switch #4. I went to reseat the trough cable and realized it was on CN14. I had installed the Stern shaker with the Cap kit installed on CN14. So, I've unplugged my shaker and removed the cap kit and everything seems to be working fine again.

So, for those of you with the shaker, do you have the Capacitor Kit installed?

3 weeks later
#3876 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Grab the LE manual for the part numbers and email Terry at pinballlife.com. He can order them for you. I'd imagine a distributor closer to you in Europe can also order them.

Dazzler: 880-6220-00
Wolverine: 880-6219-00

#3928 4 years ago

I installed PinMonk 's Mode light covers tonight. While doing so, I noticed that all the springs for my drop targets were rusty at the bottom. Build date is March, I got it NIB in July. How common would you say something like that would be? I don't forsee it having caused/causing any problems, just seems a bit odd considering the age of the machine.

IMG_2373[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2373[1] (resized).JPG
#3935 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's not rust, it's the blood of Gary Stern anointing the springs of every drop target assembly. You're fine.

So, FYI, I have a form of colorblindness. What I'm gathering is that is indeed red paint and not the rusty brown that I see. Thanks for the help all.

#3941 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

I’m thinking about doing this too, how difficult was installation? I’m wondering if the front of it could be reduced in size to make it look less obstructive.

Installation is easy. Loosen the bolt from underneath. Slide the protector around the bolt. Press firmly to ensure the adhesive sticks. I think the length is to give it more chance of sticking in place.

#3946 4 years ago

Might just be me (and/or my colorblindness) but I like the look of the standard yellow Stern cards on my Deadpool. Coindropper made some really neat ones but thought I'd try my hand instead of making more requests with his free time.

DP - Pre.pngDP - Pre.pngDP - Pre Rules.pngDP - Pre Rules.png
#3953 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Thank you! I love how the lines follow the angles of the machine. The simplicity of this is awesome since there is already so much amazing art on this one. What program are you using to do this?

Photoshop. Probably could use one of the similar free programs but it is what I'm accustomed to using.

#3983 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Anybody have an issue with the auto plunger plunging a ball very weak every once in awhile? any suggestions for a fix for it? Thank you.

I took a slo-mo video of my machine when it happens. I did this in the trough test. It is basically launching the ball into the left metal rail at the bottom of the shooter lane. I would suggest taking a look at the auto launch.

There's also discussion on the matter back a few pages. @apex came up with some troubleshooting tips.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/66#post-5032934

1 week later
#4069 4 years ago

Speaking of washers, I've had my DP Premium since July. Just recently, I started getting loud unexpected thumps. I thought it was related to Lil Deadpool and the drop target issues there. Nope. It was the POOL targets. Can you figure out why? I did.

IMG_2407[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2407[1] (resized).JPG
#4072 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Did the washer break through the plastic or something? It's just gone...

Very good. I surmise that the washer was never there. Drop target is in perfect condition. However, the spring had worked a bit to the other side through the whole in the middle of the target (because of the missing washer). It would no longer lock in place.

3 weeks later
#4251 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Hey guys sorry if this has been brought up in the 83 pages (i did search for my key terms). Has anyone noticed the backglass has a woolly mammoth and squid/ octopus on it? Do you think they will become quests in future code updates? Also on the krackamegaladonus-rex mode; the scenes show "3" teeth collected while there is only 2 quests currently. All more signs of missing quests/ game modes that would hopefully be in future updates?

Cable takes care of the Kraken tooth. Considering there are not inserts for those other items, they will probably not be added. You'll also notice that Domino doesn't exist on the backglasses but she IS in the game.

#4254 4 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

How do you light the add-a-ball on the various multiballs, ie Lil Deadpool, Ninja, Mech Suit? I understand you have to hit the scoop during multiball when mystery is lit, but how do you qualify?

Spell DEADPOOL using the targets to light Mystery. Mystery gives the Add-A-Ball. Or, be like me, light mystery and collect it right before (or slightly after) a multi-ball and collect two ninjas.

2 weeks later
#4350 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's WAY less random than the SIM shot. The tolerance is very tight for when to make the shot, but with practice you can do it more and more. The part that pisses me off most is having it go airborne instead and ending up on the plastic next to the ramp, then rolling off instead of going up the ramp. That happens too much and is super irritating.

I hit one the other day that went over (around?) the disco ball and bounced back out of the Dazzler area. I'm sure it left a dimple.

#4354 4 years ago

I hit the shot more often when the ball has rolled up the left flipper guide and back down for the shot. Maybe that is a mental thing but it seems slower is better for me.

2 weeks later
#4425 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Just joined the club with a pro. Diggin it so far.
Can someone tell me if the sling plastic sticking out beneath the katana ramp drop hole is normal? The ball still drops, but hits the plastic first. It appears to be factory but I can’t see why.

That would be a "no". That plastic protector is backwards or upside down.

On closer inspection, that is the "44" protector. That 44 should be down at the bottom of the sling.

IMG_2745[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2745[1] (resized).JPG
#4430 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Yes. It does have a 44. Good call. I will flip it. Why does it ha e a cutout?[quoted image]

It has a cutout because there is a post holding up the Katana ramp at the bottom of the plastic. Basically, that cutout goes around the post.

IMG_2749[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2749[1] (resized).JPG
#4456 4 years ago

Here are the longer files on DP.

Songs (resized).pngSongs (resized).png
3 weeks later
#4728 4 years ago
Quoted from Temujin:

Hi Guys,
new owner of PRO here. I have a technical question regarding bonus multiplier insert lights...in attract mode they lit up,
seem to act normally, but durring the gameplay when i get multiplier (any number2x - 5x) none of them lights up at all...is that some software bug?
The should be lit according the amount of multiplier you currently have right?

The insert lights are the playfield multiplier. They will light up and increase by hitting the SNKT target and then having a ball go up the Katana ramp. That lights the 2x insert. The playfield multiplier will stay lit for a set amount of time. You can shoot combos to increase that time. Hitting the SNKT shot again while 2x is lit will increase it to 3x, and so on. If you collect 100 weapons total, that should light the 2X insert for the rest of the game.

The bonus multiplier is increased by completing the BAM! rollovers up by the pop bumpers. This only shows on the screen and not on the playfield.

If you are positive that you are getting the SNKT target for multiplier, you would need to check the standup target and the opto at the beginning of the ramp to see if they are working, and working together.

2 weeks later
#4856 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Is there a fix or mod for preventing the ball from falling off the right return lane when I hit a nice Dazzler shot? It seems I can't ever get more than 4 or 5 shots in a row without the ball falling out (usually towards the middle of the playfield) as it comes down the katana sword.

Keypost:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/31#post-4768803

1 week later
#4911 4 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

I noticed on the Pinside page for Deadpool it lists Tim Kitzrow for callouts, but I thought the callouts were - Deadpool: Nolan North, Lil’ Deadpool: Brian Huskey, Dazzler: Jennifer Lafluer. Did Tim do some of the other voices, perhaps the vampires?

He's gotta be the vampire. Sounds like the German from Attack From Mars or Dracula from Monster Bash.

#4930 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just support for the interlock switch Stern WISELY added back in to their machines.

Does 1.03 come with an interlock switch? I seem to have misplaced mine.

1 week later
#5024 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Me too! Come on Tanio and George... one more update please!

Agreed. High score tables would be awesome. I also feel like Disco Multiball is lacking finish or ,maybe, it is guidance.

#5139 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

When in a multiball I will generally try any ball at the left flipper to go for the Snikt shot. Sometimes a cradled shot will go, but usually coming down the inlane with a perfectly timed shot will make it. Ever so slightly delayed flipper button push from a shot at Wolverine spinner. I've had 5x once and 4x a few times.
I do get some that fly off the ramp from time to time and have also had some slow rollers that made the shot, but didn't register as it took too long to make it around the corner at the top of the ramp...
Super fun and satisfying shot since it is so difficult with a high reward! Can be frustrating when I hit it and then almost immediately drain... UGH!!!

I have the best success with a shot that has rolled up the left flipper and back down. Something about the speed seems much more accurate for me.

#5161 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Q: has anyone been able to get the super skill shot? The hold left flipper launch and shoot straight to the snikit? I have been able to hit the snikit from the left orbit, just never off a plung.

Never at full speed on the fly. The only times I've gotten it have been during the grace period after missing Katana and then trying to recover into a Wolverine shot.

#5163 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I have the same problem. I looked and I cant figure out why it cant make it around. I still get a register hit and collect the weapon but does not go all the way around to be able to hit the target.

On the Buffalo Pinball Stream last week, they had a piece fall off from under the Colossus shot. I would feel underneath that ramp and see if it is coming loose on you.

#5177 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Hello fellow Deadpool owners... I have a question.
Not sure if my machine works correctly during the battle with T-Rex quest.
The lil Deadpool drop targets constantly thump 3 times in a row and the targets go up and down very quickly.
Is this normal because I watched a few streams and didn’t notice that happening on other machines.

When you hit one of the green shots, the Lil Deadpool drops should drop and stay down until you hit the hurry up shot.

#5229 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

I have a question for you experienced Deadpool players about the Ninjas spawning and ghosting. Reading the rule set, they say you spawn them by hitting the pop bumpers and are ghosted (killed) by hitting a spotted blue-purple insert on the playfield. I cannot seem to find that or just not understanding it. Can anyone fill me in?
And is it one ninja for every hit on a pop bumper?
I notice if you bring up the status, occasionally it will show millions of spins for disco loops. Bug?
Also, I somehow once brought up ‘competition mode’. Not sure how I did it (I think I did something with the flippers), but what is that all about?
Thanks for any help!

When the ninjas are lit, the inserts to the normal shots like Wolverine, etc will be lit blue. Sometimes, they will pulse two colors if you have a mode running with different colored shots.

Competition mode is hold left flipper and then hit start.

2 weeks later
#5409 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Now that I have a few games in, I've noticed a few things. Some are the same as others concerns.
- Flippers seem way too strong. I have my pitch set at 7 degrees and they still blast the Lil' Deadpool targets and left ramp.
- My plunger barely hits the ball. It takes a full plunge to get the ball to the top. Also, the plunger just feels rough. The roughness isn't the cause of the weak plunge as much maybe the distance from tip to ball.
- The shaker is too strong as well. I'd like to reduce it, but only saw options to reduce the number of times it's used, not the power.

Taming the shaker is done through realigning the weights on the motor itself. They typically come both set in the same direction. Moving each weight 90 degrees so that they are 180 degrees opposite should calm it down.

1 month later
#5651 4 years ago

Not sure what I did but had a Big BOOM of a bug. I had just finished Mech Suit and needed to defeat Sabretooth to take on Sauron. Looked up and had a big boom. Hit the button on mode start and nothing happened. Light wasn't working either. Drained and the game ended. Started the next game, still had a big boom. Restarted with the button and it was still there. Good news is that a full reset fixed the issue. Strange.

1 week later
#5672 4 years ago

I would check the cables to the node boards for the characters and multipliers. I think I had one wiggle a bit loose and give me randomly lit 4x.

1 week later
#5796 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Anyone else ever gotten a "fast drain multiball" where a freshly plunged ball drains very fast down the right outlane... so fast it kicks back up into the flippers and you save the ball... and ball save was still on so another ball kicks out!
I've had that happen a couple times now!
A "regular" fast drain save a few times as well.

Happens often enough that I can predict it and get the flipper out of the way to save it.

1 week later
#5824 4 years ago

I think I figured out my scoop rejects. Any one else have one that looks like this?

IMG_3352[1] (resized).JPGIMG_3352[1] (resized).JPG
#5831 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Mine does as well and I get a decent bit of rejects. I've been meaning to pull it off and flatten it. I'll do that tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

I contacted Stern since mine is obviously cracked on one side. Pinball Life has the part listed as #535-1417-02 but I can only put it on my wishlist, can't buy it.

#5835 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Yeah I took a second look at mine today and it looks like it's also split at the seam. I emailed Stern as well, so we'll see.

I just heard back. Out of stock. Check back in May when (if?) the shutdown in Illinois is over.

Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Playfield Chip Spots?
Please tell me the spots on DP's playfield that are apt to have clearcoat chipping.
I'm looking at a routed game for sale and I would like to know where to point my inspection light when looking it over. A closeup photo or two of examples would be super helpful. I'm looking through the photo gallery here now but haven't come across an example yet. I will look in the "Playfield Issues" thread next.
Thanks!

Katana Ramp entrance.

#5841 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Zones of Severe Dimpling?
I've read about some serious dimpling issues with some of DP's playfields.
Please tell me where, in particular, they form. Mid-PF?
And is there a production date-range that saw more soft playfields?

DP has a ton of airballs. Mechsuit really brings out the banging. My machine has dimpling on the left hand side more than the right. Over by the ramp, by Deapool artwork with his katana. I chalk that up to multiball shots hitting as the scoop ejects. I've had the loudest glass bangs ever on my Deadpool.

#5883 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Thanks, I'll have to check that out... I have other Cliffy's already.
I recently noticed my scoop protector is splitting. I'm currently around 1800 games.

Me too. I think I asked back when I got my machine but it wasn't a thing then.

#5952 4 years ago

I was annoyed by this mode, so I took the glass off to better understand it. Tilt Forums guide is wrong. Here is what I figured out.

Disco Multiball

Character shots and ramps are lit for Jackpots. Hit at least two Jackpots. All call-outs should be from Dazzler and DP. After at least two Jackpots, the Dance-Off Jackpot (Super Jackpot) will be lit at the Colossus target. This does not require the Colossus shot, just the target. After it is collected, character shots and ramps are lit again for Jackpots. Hit at least two Jackpots. All call-outs should be from the Vampire. Hit the Colossus target again to collect the Dance-Off Jackpot. You can skip the Colossus target portion of this mode by instead completing all lit jackpots. Now, the Dazzler spinner is lit for Super Jackpots. It is timed but there is no countdown on screen. After a certain time, you go back and start the process over again, like you would in Lil' DP Multiball.

#5954 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Hey so is this write up the incorrect one or your corrected version? Thanks

Updated for clarity. What I posted is how it works right now.

#5986 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Thanks, but does that actually work?
the game awards skill shots that are not at the beginning of the ball?

Sure does.

The reason that the ball can return to the shooter lane is that the Premium/LE has a lift ramp that can return the ball back to the right flipper. They would have needed to put a 1 way gate on that orbit to keep that from happening. Maybe they tried it and it messed up flow of the orbit shot. Maybe they didn't care if it returned to the shooter lane. Maybe it did bother them so they made it possibly worth points.

#6055 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Well, yesterday I got lucky and grabbed a Deadpool pro in town with a brand new still in box playfield. The owner received it from Stern due to two small CC chips on playfield. One at the bottom left inlane sling post and the other hidden up top behind a ball guide. Only plastic cracked was the one at scoop. Other than that, minor ware in the shooter lane. Price $4700.00. I will fix the CC chips and leave the new playfield to sell with pin in the future. But it is a nice insurance policy.
How's a shaker in this pin?
What are the best pin blades?
Must have modds?
Thanks

Found this back a page:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/121#post-5614854

Most people don't seem to care much for the shaker. Not compared to Iron Man or Jurassic Park.

#6066 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Hey peeps, are the quests needed doe progression to wizard mode?
And
Once a quest or battle is started,
How can you tell what to hit?
I know hit the lighted items,
But sometimes there are different colors
And one of the battles involves the pop bumpers
And
Is there a light to finish the battle ?
So when we know to shoot the scoop to finish the battle?

Both Quests must be finished to get to the Mini-Wizard Mode.
Megalodon - hit the red shot (it moves across the playfield)
T-Rex - hit a green shot then hit Lil Deadpool
Each quest requires four total hits before you then need to hit the scoop. The lights on the playfield will scroll up to the scoop quickly several times to let you know you are finished. Most of the other lights are off (unless you are in another mode like Katanarama).
Battles:
Sabretooth - hit Wolverine, Dazzler or Domino shots. Upper lanes and Pop Bumpers do a nice chunk of damage.
Mystique - hit Wolverine followed by both ramps. Rinse and repeat.
Juggernaut - hit DEAD and POOL targets to light damage shots. Damage shots are ramps, orbits and spinner. Rinse and repeat.
Battles have all inserts pulsing by the scoop and the heartbeat sound when you are ready for the final shot.

http://tiltforums.com/t/deadpool-rulesheet/4311
Check this out for the basics. Some info may not be up to date due to code revision.

Added over 4 years ago:

More than 4 shots for Megalodon. How many? No one knows.

3 weeks later
#6261 3 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

You tape off ur out lanes or what!?

I couldn't do 400 weapons with the out-lanes taped off. Maybe with the glass off.

#6274 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

My scoop shot is not that easy, it jumps very often around. Is that a normal thing ?

Check to see if the metal is spilt. Unfortunately, that is a normal thing. Check back a page or two for pictures.

1 week later
#6306 3 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

I am curious when I get a mystery award and it is “add time”, what is it really doing? I’m not in the middle of a battle at the time.
Also, at the end of a battle you win, they show a couple different point totals and I am trying to figure what it’s really telling me. Can someone enlighten me?
Thanks,

Add time is probably for Berzerker Rage or Disco Loops (on the premium).

#6336 3 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

I have a mystery screw that showed up towards the top of my playfield today - Near the Colossus loop, and I can NOT find any holes where it would go!
Can someone tell if there's a screw under this post to attach it to the ramp? It's on there solid so I have my doubts, but I otherwise can't figure out where it goes
[quoted image]

Check under the ramp by the scoop. Feel around for this area.

Colussus (resized).pngColussus (resized).png
#6387 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

I have to say, I really don't like these OEM yellow instruction/price cards, anyone have a link for some custom ones? Hopefully ones that print out the right size? Thanks!

Check the key posts at the top of the page. Posts #3057 and #3171.

Quoted from durgee7:

Hey Guys,
I've bothered Cliffy enough and wanted to ask you all if this longer piece goes in the shooter lane. Based on previous posts, I know where the remaining protectors are to be installed.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Key post #638

#6438 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

$50 less isn't that great, and there are no specs posted I could find for it. I'll pay the extra $50 for the one(s) with posted specs.

One sheet of Invisglass is currently the same price as one sheet of VooDoo on Cointaker. The two pack of Invisi is $50 cheaper than the two pack of VooDoo.
https://cointaker.com/t/voodoo-glass

1 week later
#6505 3 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

The Deadpool Boom Gun Mod LOL

Pretty sure I'd end up booming myself too often to want that on my game.

#6541 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Did anyone sell there game and have any left over they want to get rid of?

Left over what?

#6546 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Can someone explain “special when lit”? I got it today and collected the “special” but must not have been paying enough attention because I was on my second ball and then I look up expecting 3rd ball but saw ball 1. Sad part was after all the extra balls I only got 800 million! Let’s just say I have a lot to learn.

Special can be set to Replay, Extra Ball and (maybe?) Points. Pretty sure nothing takes you from Ball 2 back to Ball 1. Special is just a random mystery award.

1 week later
#6571 3 years ago
Quoted from coop:

Is there a way to adjust the angle of the kick out from the hellhouse scoop? I see that on Jack Danger's game the ball gets ejected onto the flipper but on my game, the ball gets thrown onto the ball guide behind the flipper. This means the ball then bounces into the sling and then right into the outlane. I lose one or two balls per game this way and it's kinda killing me.
I don't see any adjustments under the playfield and the scoop itself is stainless steel so it's super rigid. I just want it to kick out a little more to the left so I can have a fair chance to get it under control.

There is one nut holding the scoop in place under the playfield. You can actually loosen that and rotate the entire scoop just slightly. I'd check to see how even your scoop is sitting in the hole to make sure it is square. If it is, leave it alone and try to fix the problem with power.

#6574 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Dang, how have I missed this. I wonder if this is part of why I get constant rejections even after swapping to the cliffy protector. I'm seriously at 50%+ rejections an a straight shot from the right flipper. Maybe mines a bit off center. For me full power was sending the ball to the plastic lane or even the bottom of the right sling. With it at 225 it still goes to the plastic part of the right inlane often.

I was still getting a lot of rejects as well with the new Cliffy. Still not perfect but better than before (and way better than the time I spent playing with the broken protector).

#6582 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Congrats!
Seriously On my front. I don’t consider myself a bad player (not great either), but I can litter a few machines with my initials. I cannot for the life of me get consistently near 1B. What is y’all’s strategy for points?

Getting to (and especially defeating) MegaKrak will get you near 1 Billion even with so-so multiballs. Learning to hit SNKT (or upgrade to the anti-sway target holder if yours doesn't have it) will help increase points. Colossus team-up can make all your battles worth a bunch more.

3 weeks later
#6747 3 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

Looking for a Deadpool near me if anyone has one for sale! Cash in hand.

Your location doesn't show but I'm not selling anyway. May want to also specify Pro or Premium/LE.

#6753 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Curious if anyone else is Deadpool is running on 1.03 code mine came from stern like that I know the update has been at 1.02 have had mine now for six months figured they would have updated it but they have not

1.03 is only for machines with the interlock switch inside the coin door. There is no other differences between that and 1.02. We are all patiently waiting for 1.04.

1 week later
#6794 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

How the hell do you qualify permanent 2x pf?

100 weapons.

Premium spends less time in the pop bumpers and has fewer stalls into the shooter lane which adds to the flow.

#6828 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

This times 1 Million percent. Seems like those two modes should allow stacking of wizard modes especially since you can stack them with regular modes. I also wish I could pass on Sauron when Mechsuit has been qualified like I can on a regular mode.

I have set the mode inactivity timer to allow me to trap up and time out (Berzerker Rage specifically). Huge quality of life adjustment.

#6849 3 years ago

The loudest glass bangs on any of my machines by far. Mech suit, aim for SNKT, hit a ball coming out of the scoop. BANG! Playfield has dimples everwhere because the steel ball will always win. I'm just glad that the glass stays intact.

1 week later
#6960 3 years ago

I finally made it to the wizard modes and finished Sinister III after over a year with the game. Drained on MegaKrak with Ball 1 and beat all three battles plus the Sinister modes on the extra ball. I had never gotten that close before with three balls plus the extra. Quite the rush and looking forward to doing it again, hopefully this time in less than a year time.

#6963 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

ive had it for 18 months and havent gotten to sinister.....Ive been telling myself to start focusing on progression now intstead of scoring.

Well, I put up nearly 2.6 Billion when it was all over. Team ups and booms led the way on that second round of battles.

#6968 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Nice Job! I've scored more (2.9 Billion), but have yet to get to the final Mr. Sinister stage. I've done Mega and Clone several times, but not in the same game, which surprises me as I approach one year of ownership on Sept. 6th!

Looks like everybody's doing it these days. I think you're due. You got this!

My previous GC was almost 2.4 Billion and I didn't even get to MegaKrak in that one. It was all about that SNKT and a lengthy MechSuit.

1 week later
#7033 3 years ago

Left is middle, right is top.

#7043 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

It is factory recommended to not have rubbers on the Inlane/Outlane post circled in yellow. (pic is from Stern online, I'm at work so can't get pic of my actual machine).
The outlane post circled in Blue has 3 position settings on the right side I believe. Widest opening is how mine came from the factory.
Removing either of those posts I have seen discussed, but seems pretty extreme In my opinion, but if it's your game set it up how you want it to be and find the most enjoyable for you to play.
I have no rubbers on yellow post (Have tried with and without and I didn't find easier one way or the other, but it does change how the ball acts)
I have Blue post at widest setting and have also tried middle setting with no noticeable difference in gameplay.
My high score is currently 2.9 Billion.[quoted image]

Left side open (I guess there are only two holes, so you will see one whole beneath the post). Right side is all the way at the top, confirmed by awesome1 and others like myself.

#7054 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Can you only bring the Lil DP and Katana MB into battles and quests with you?
I'm assuming that Mechsuit and Disco MB can't be brought in?

Lil DP can only be used in the battles, not the quests.

#7069 3 years ago
Quoted from derekbro:

Just joined the club over the weekend. Excited to get some time in on this one. With out going through the whole thread is there any tweaks that need to be done for better play? Thanks[quoted image]

This thread has a large amount of keyposts that can be used to answer many of your questions. Scroll back up (or hit the double flippers at the bottom) to get to them. Make sure you click Show Topics Index.

Keyposts (resized).pngKeyposts (resized).png
#7079 3 years ago

Quick question, do you have to defeat the Megakrakolodonus Rex to advance to the Final Battle?
I beat him tonight, and the little sequence was pretty awesome!

No. The mode is over if you drain and you move on regardless.

#7082 3 years ago

I thought the progress was saved, so you'd have to continue on your next ball?

I've drained enough on that mode to be an expert.

#7088 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Pretty sure once you hit the Megalodon red arrow, you can’t repeat that shot.

You might be thinking about the blue shots. Hitting a shot that isn’t red removes it from play. Hitting a red shot relights all the shots again. Unless there’s a way to set it to be more difficult. Your way would require each of the shots to be hit exactly once to finish the mode which would most likely infuriate me.

Wolverine team up on the second Mystique battle is typically a one shot finish.

#7102 3 years ago
Quoted from allhokie3:

Just joined the club last week and opened my new Deadpool pro! Have a question for everyone. Mine came with code 1.03. Anyone else have this? Sterns site only has 1.02. Thanks for any help!

You machine has the interlock switch on the coin door. Mine does not. The only change in 1.03 is code for that switch.

#7145 3 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Just took Friday off work, got up at 4 am, drive 5 hours, picked up DP Prem, ate lunch theN drove another 5 hours home. Saturday will be awesome
Is there a setting to darken the back box during gameplay?
That translite is so bright I can’t see the upper playfield .

It's in the adjustments. #65 or 66. Somewhere around there. I think I have mine at 10% when the game has started.

1 week later
#7269 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

I've never seen a picture or video that clearly shows what this does or what it looks like. Can someone post this please? On the pictures I've seen it just looks like a metal bump that keeps the ball from returning to the shooter lane. Thanks

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/674058881

1 month later
#7521 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

So sorry If i asked this before....
Unrelated to the code update....
This is only my second new Stern...
Do these have a WMS/Bally-type attract mode
Where the machine will play music or
Talk on it's own in attract mode?
I know there's a setting for the attract mode video to play....
Thanks

No music. Callouts onlywhen one hits the flippers after a specific amount of time.

2 weeks later
#7771 3 years ago
Quoted from tominator:

Ok, so I select a “ playlist with the action button, and then what? I know you can scroll through different Songs within a playlist, but how do you select the songs you want?
When I press start, the game just plays as usual...?! I’m confused, ciuld someone please explain this in better detail!

It's just a jukebox. It has nothing to do with actual gameplay.

#7780 3 years ago

Just played a 5 ball Mech Suit. I don't recall this being a thing on previous code. Basically, I had a ball locked for Ninja Multiball and it was never released. Even after hitting a katana shot, it simply released the ball that was locked and kept one in the katana. I've played this game way too many times to have missed this every time, right?

#7788 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Just played a 5 ball Mech Suit. I don't recall this being a thing on previous code. Basically, I had a ball locked for Ninja Multiball and it was never released. Even after hitting a katana shot, it simply released the ball that was locked and kept one in the katana. I've played this game way too many times to have missed this every time, right?

Anyone? I just did this again on my way to MegaKrak. Seems incorrect.

2 months later
#8551 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Might upgrade our pro to an LE. What’s a fair price for a very low play LE and is it worth it?

I mean, Premium would be cheaper but some folks need that LE artwork/backglass.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive?s=1&ad_machine_key=2703

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#8621 3 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Oh crap, I ment I made it to Mr Sinister, not Sauron. It's probably the same thing though. I assume I play the 3 battles along with Mr. Sinister.

If you played a 3 Ball MultiBall, that was Sauron. There is no way to defeat Sauron, you just play until you are back to a single ball. The Sauron insert should be lit.

If you played a single ball experience similar to T-Rex, that's the MegaKrak mode. The Mr. Sinister insert would be lit during play.

If you played 6 battles without the two quest, you were in Clone Multiball. It is a 3 ball multiball with blue lit shots. Mr. Sinister insert is NOT lit, I believe.

Quoted from pinbuoy:

Sorry if this has been covered. The high score table says Lil Deadpool Frenzy default is 1,000,000. Anyone else have problems w this not working when you go above 1 mil? Is this a bug? Thanks

It is a known bug.

#8633 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

For lil deadpool bounce too?

I've got a 35 Million score on Bounce, so I think that one is fine.

#8670 3 years ago

There's not a Kraken insert so it might be difficult to make that magically happen. The current callouts by Cable already mention that he is taking care of the Kraken. Only way I could see it being done is as a video mode at this point.

1 month later
#9150 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

I just learned that the thumb is interactive on this topper. What actions trigger that in game for thumbs up or down? Seems so odd.

Just the Match feature at the end of the game, I believe. (edit: also changes during gameplay based on play. Readme states that it at least has a lightshow)

3 weeks later
#9488 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I have watched Dead Flip play a lot of games on his loaner Deadpool. and he mentioned the one thing that aggravated him on the game; was the SDTM he got from the ball rolling back down that area. and he wished there was a gate there to prevent it. so I thought I’d give a one way gate a try.

I would wait until you play your game to determine if it needs it. Mine sure doesn't.

1 week later
#9698 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I couldn't find it.

DP Feature Adjustment, #22.

1 month later
#10095 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Excellent! Going to be a hard wait!

Hey! This thread is for Members ONLY! None of you pre-order riff-raff allowed.

2 weeks later
#10271 2 years ago
Quoted from kell:

lol. I was debating this and came to this thread to ask that question, but saw everyone else seems to be having the same dilemma.
I would usually just go with the premium/LE version due to a fear of possible regret, but I think I'm going Pro as I like the artwork a lot better.

I have the premium and simply put the Pro translite in. I rarely look at the side of my games but look up a lot. I'm sure I confuse folks that see my Pindigo scores listed on a Premium model.

1 week later
#10342 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Nice. Got two different answers. Maybe some of the group can like the post the best relates to how they have their game set up.
Mine are right at the holes but have been contemplating lowering them. I don’t know why I’m so reluctant to do it.

Mine were aligned for the first 18 months or so. I recently lowered them and it makes shots to the orbits seem smoother.

1 week later
#10423 2 years ago

I sometimes wonder if Tanio asked not to be lead programmer on other machines. Thanks for the DP though.

4 weeks later
#10628 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Thanks, I'll add that to my stash.
I didn't find any evidence of a broken washer in the cabinet, so I'm pretty sure it was never installed at the factory and it just worked until it didn't. Eventually the end of the spring found the gap in the e-clip and worked its way up until the at-rest position of the post wasn't high enough to stop the balls.
While I was under there I finally swapped out the bracket on my snikt target (Stern installed the anti-sway one on the Colossus target instead), so fingers crossed that I've corrected all the factory screw-ups at this point.

I had a washer missing on one of my drops, NIB. You probably won't be the last to encounter it either.

3 months later
#11612 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Yeah I typically save books to help w battles and quests but when I saw red I went for it.
It's almost impossible for me to hold it during MB (this instance for this question)

But if you are going for progression, hold the button down and forget about the multiball. Or trap up and use your forehead (or other appendage).

1 week later
#11747 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Very strange. I am not impressed by my distributor at the moment. I Hope I get good news soon... otherwise I will be pissed.

Local distro here has a Trade ad up in the marketplace right now.

#11770 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The alternative is it going into the pops EVERY time - no thanks.

This is my thought as well with the pro. Higher multipliers and scores with the pro because you are in the pops way more often but that isn’t as much fun as loops feel great on the premium.

1 month later
#12243 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Maybe if i got that my 2yo would stop pressing 4 player games while I play and just focus on completely ****ing up the audio every session!

Quoted from ExSquid:

3 year old here, can confirm.

Time to turn off Free Play and just add a single credit before starting.

2 months later
#12935 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Anyone recognize what this broken bracket would be from? Found on topside… but unclear where it came from

Left Ramp.

topside (resized).pngtopside (resized).pngunder (resized).pngunder (resized).png
4 months later
#14157 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I think it also helps that Deadpool is well designed in that there aren't a lot of dead on stand up targets that create air balls and ball hop.

Shoot for the SNIKT shot during mech suit when the ball is launched from the scoop. I’ve had the loudest ever glass hits on this machine. Plenty of dimples to prove I’ve played my game.

#14160 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Did you put a target stabilizer on the SNIKT target? I've never had that issue and I've nailed that shot many times.

I'm shooting for SNIKT and the scoop launches. The balls meet in the middle and who knows where the hell they end up. Nothing to do with target because the ball never makes it there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.95
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 64.99
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newovad.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=newovad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.