(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrgregb123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3801 4 years ago

Just joined the club! Wooot.

I noticed the inlane post rubbers are missing on mine and apparently this is factory? What about the outlane adjustable posts....are they set as wide as they go from the factory? Not sure how the designer intended to be.

Also, my Katana lock shot works reliably but it seems to hug the right part of the ramp, which causes it to fly up fast but then SLOWLY make the turn and walk down the wireform. Any tips on getting the ball to go up the ramp further to the left so it whips around faster?

LOVE this game!

4 months later
#4799 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Technically, if you put ANY mod on a $5000+ game, you've voided the warranty. So are you recommending n00bs be prohibited from modding their $5000+ game at all? Plain vanilla or nothing as punishment for their n00b-ness?

FALSE. I've said this a million times in other threads: Legally, you can add ANYTHING YOU WANT to ANY PRODUCT YOU OWN and the manufacturer's existing warranty remains valid. The ONLY way a mod can void your manufacturer's warranty is if the manufacturer can PROVE that your mod caused the defect you are trying to get covered. Further, you are protected even if the manufacturer claims otherwise, including putting a security sticker over the product that says "warranty void if removed".

The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act is law in the US and supersedes any BS any manufacturer, pinball or otherwise, tries to tell you. Period. The end.

2 months later
#5477 4 years ago
Quoted from ignat:

How are people cleaning and polishing their DPs?

Novus 2 is a abrasive and only necessary for very very dirty games. Use Naphtha and a vaccuum. Every 500 plays or so you can Novus 2 and polish, but more than that will remove more clear coat than is necessary.

#5516 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Home vacuums are generally a bad idea around electronics due to static electricity. The bottom of the wood cabinet is about the only safe place.

Come on man. Don't scare people. Nobody is going to break anything in their game by vacuuming the playfield. 2) Pinball machines have arguably some of the most redundant grounding of any electronic device in the world, including all of the side rails. If you've managed to discharge static to a sensitive electronic component ON the playfield (?) and somehow didn't discharge that same static with the hose pressed against the the side rails as you lean over, you've accomplished quite the feat. Anyway, I've vacuumed hundreds of machines regularly and never damaged anything.

#5517 4 years ago
Quoted from ignat:

Or not bother with novus2 and just clean and wax?

I noticed there are some super light ball tracks or very very light clear coat scratches. What’s the best way to deal with these?

I would vacuum every 100 games, clean with naphtha every 250 games, and after 500 if you the shine is gone or you have some decent ball trails, remove all the lower flipper/sling stuff and do Novus 2 with a random orbital buffer on low. That's what I do and my games stay mint. I do not wax them.

3 weeks later
#5656 4 years ago

Solving the chipping at the Katana entrance is as simple as loosening the front guide nut underneath so it's not super tight. That's literally it. Did this when I got mine. 1,000 plays later, no chips.

1 month later
#6095 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

My JJ is built like a tank! You have all you can do to lift the playfield. The pin is 360 pounds! But it is also a wide body. Granted it is a much more expensive pin though. Also, No CC issued on my Hobbit at all.

I owned DILE and the last thing I'd call it is 'built like a tank'. They use high quality playfield wood, and that's literally all that impresses. Every other part is the cheapest lowest-quality foreign-made stuff they could possible get their hands on. From the phone to the metal flaps, very low quality. Even the wire forms were manufactured incorrectly. JJP reminds me of Beats By Dre headphones - the price is high-end, everyone thinks they are high-end (and Beats adding useless weight to make them feel as such speaks volumes) but they are pretty average and a poor value.

Don't get me wrong, Stern isn't putting the pinnacle of quality parts in their machines, but they are also charging far less as well.

1 month later
#6364 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So just checked both my games. My deadpool has 1612 total plays and I didnt see any gold dust. I saw some red dust near the middle right of the cab which may be something else? Where should I be looking exactly for gold flakes from coil stops? All coils or just some in particular?

That red dust is just from the coloring on the shooter spring. Mine has never had any coil dust either so I guess it doesn't affect all of them.

4 months later
#7285 3 years ago

Heads up guys - Nolan North (the voice of DP in the game) is on Cameo. Sooooooo, if you use Pinball Browser and are looking for a custom call out or something different, I'm pretty sure he will do it (his video examples on the site have him doing most of his character voices). Just an idea, he's reasonably priced too.

3 months later
#8261 3 years ago

My 6 year old son put this up today. He comes running upstairs yelling "Dad!! I almost got Mega-cracka-donnis-rex!! I just didn't beat Megaladon!"

I thought to myself, 'oh wow holy sh*t, he probably got a good 200 million or so.' Noooosir.

PXL_20210114_230957092 (resized).jpgPXL_20210114_230957092 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#8584 3 years ago

Found Domino in my plastics bag (Premium). I can't be the only one who put her in this [kind of perfect] spot..... Anyone else do this?

PXL_20210218_001207333 (resized).jpgPXL_20210218_001207333 (resized).jpg
4 weeks later
#8881 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So back to my question: who here has NOT added washers and still have a good playfield? I'm curious.

Washers are absolutely, positively not necessary. The only fix needed to correct the issue of the ball rail digging in is to simply loosen the nut that fastens it under the playfield. Nothing more.

2 years later
#15193 6 months ago

I feel like this is a stupid question because I can't find it asked before on this topic but....how do you remove the 'right' ramp (which is actually on the left) from this game? I found one nut under the playfield but it's still held down and I feel like an idiot because I can't see any other nuts holding it down. What am I missing?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.95
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Area, CA
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrgregb123.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=mrgregb123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.