(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerptsd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5239 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just pick up one of these new-style anti-lean brackets. I've got some on the way to take care of this once and for all.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

I wonder if this would work on my iron maiden pro orb shot. I have tried locktite but the target always ends up tucked away in the left side making it much harder to hit.

#5240 4 years ago

Rather than start another this or that thread, I thought I would just ask the owners clubs for both games.
With my budget and space I can get one of the two sterns I'd like right now.
What I'm interested in is owners opinions on long term ownership. I prefer to have a gave for a several years rather than being bored of it within a year. I admittedly tend to enjoy more games that have more than two flippers. I'd like to grab one of the following soon.
Deadpool pro- I hated it at first but over the last year came to love it but i dont get many opportunities to play.
Jurassic Park pro- i havent had many plays but immediately fell in love with it.
*I do own iron maiden already (and shadow)
Thanks for your input

2 months later
#5704 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Definitely recommend the anti-sway target bracket from pinball life. Only thing I have found to keep the Snikt target in place.

I want one of these for my Maiden Clairvoyant target but my shipping estimate for one was $43.43 usd lol

#5705 4 years ago

Many pinball suppliers try to kill any chance that us Canadians will make purchases. Boo urns.

Screenshot_20200322-195637_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200322-195637_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200322-195647_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200322-195647_Chrome (resized).jpg
#5708 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

UPS is the problem there. USPS to Canada is still expensive, but nowhere near that.

I've shipped plenty your way for MUCH cheaper. Either shipping in the US is just much more expensive than our dog sled couriers or these companies are just over quiting by a land slide. I buy plenty off Ebay with fair shipping. (Usually....stupid pitney bowes)

#5709 4 years ago

Having said all that. If someone is ordering some and wants to order an extra one (or 2) and throw it in a small bubble wrap envelope, I'd pay them for their help
Postal code is L9C 1Y8 for shipping quotes.
I bet it's about $10 tops in an envelope.

#5711 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You haven't with UPS, have you? UPS to Canada is always outrageous.

I seem to remember some Maiden colored brackets and quiet fan kit i purchased being shipped at a reasonable price though. Pinball isnt trying very hard.

#5748 4 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

A technique I carry over into game of Black Knight like a complete idiot roughly 50% of the time.

Inl do this most in Star Trek. Gotta use those photons

1 week later
#5829 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

This is a issue all Spike2 games have. I don’t know what is causing it. But I had this issue on BM66 and GOTG as well. However Spike1 games are not affected. At least I didn’t notice it on my GB.

No issues on my Maiden pro so not all spike 2 games

#5871 4 years ago
Quoted from Jakegreenhaus:

Anyone that owns a DP machine want pin grafixx to make us some power blades? He said we need 5 people to ask for them and he will make them.

I'd never buy power blades again. I went through 3 unit on my Metallica. All 3 were defective and I was only.given a partial refund. I am 100% still backing pingraffix but never power blades. Check the metallica thread. Many defective power blades but that story seems to get consistently swept under the rug. End rant. Good luck

1 week later
#6002 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

No offense intended, but I always hate the "play better" suggestion. Some people care more about the experience than score. Some care about a high score more than actually enjoying the game. In other words, people are different and play the machine for different reasons. It's like if someone were to say, I like to play golf to be outside and drink beer with friends, but man it would be nice to hit a 300 yard drive. Sure, the response could be "well, you better practice more, get your club sized, hit the range, hire a pro for lessons, etc.". Or it could be "here, try my Big Bomber Max Bang Bang driver that will add 50 yards to your shot guaranteed". Some will want to earn it, and some quite frankly don't care because that's not why they are there.

There is a reason video games have a easy, medium and hard setting. I couldnt bring myself to play on easy but many do. Same way I have friends who only play on the hardest settings. What ever is fun for you. Admittedly my OCD demands that my games be played on factory settings (pinball or otherwise)

1 week later
#6139 3 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Left speaker panel Done!
[quoted image]

Screenshot_20200503-211129_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200503-211129_Google (resized).jpg
#6149 3 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

You like it too ?

Not meant to be harsh. Just a light hearted jab. I just couldnt unsee gingerbread man after seeing gingerpool.

1 month later
#6459 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

That's lucky, you can't own art. Especially when it's painted on a concrete wall of a rented shed. Art is a gift from the artist to all who look at it and open for their interpretation.
Apology not good enough for some perfect people who've never made an error quite clearly.

I didnt downvote that garbage "art" as I agree its open to interpretation but I will downvote your altruistic rant defending it. Part of being allowed to have an opinion is also being allowed to think something sucks gigantic ass. Take critism like a man (especially if you are going to have such strong opinions about other peoples posts and choices)
I hope no money is changing hand fornthat though. Dear god. Whats up with Dazzler in particular?

#6535 3 years ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Curious what made you go with the lermods ball vs the hooked disco ball. Just bought a pro and not sure what one to buy
I usually buy the shaker from pinball life for my spike games. So far so good.

I put a Stern in a Metallica, Srar Trek and Iron Maiden. I had one defective unit (made a sqeaking noise constantly and a grinding noise occasionally) It was replaced by my distributor with no hassles. Other than that Ive been quite happy with them.

2 months later
#6958 3 years ago

You can get the same 5.25" speakers as the Le models for $60 (cdn) and and external polk psw10 for $100 cdn.
Pick up a pinnovators board $55 cdn and the speaklightkits 5.25" adapter plate (next to nothing, $20 i think?)
Total price = $235 cdn (that like $38 usd lol)
Youll spend half the money and be more than satisfied. I promise

5 months later
#8505 3 years ago

Does anyone know where the Stern art blades can still be purchased? They seem to be sold out.

2 months later
#9109 3 years ago

Any word on when we will see some nib pros. Ive been pretty patient but im getting twitchy

#9125 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Pros are in stock/were in stock the last couple weeks. Got mine two weeks ago, Premiums should be coming next month or end of this month.

Sure down there but i havent heard any talk of a new batch hitting Canada yet. I know P1 is out of stock on most titles

#9129 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I was told November for Premium stock at P1

I was told March or April for DP Pro back in December so who knows anymore.

#9132 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Uh.... they already did. Early March. Get em now or you may be screwed.

Keep reading

#9135 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Read what? I read your posts saying "they said march or April and I havent seen them yet." Not sure why Canada would be different. Your distro should have gotten in on the ones made already.
Well... good luck, or whatever. Sorry for trying to help.

Don't get so defensive. I just meant keep reading the thread and you will see where we discussed this.

Quarantine is making people forget how to people.

#9138 3 years ago
Quoted from cjpins:

If anyone is interested . I have a NIB Deadpool Pro Pm me if you want it before I list it. Price is 6K and it is located in New CXity NY Rockland county 10956.

Dang it

#9147 2 years ago

I started to order some Deadpool parts....my distributor thinks maybe soon.....

#9168 2 years ago

I ordered the Pinmonk coloured character lenses but ive changed my mind and wont be using the Mystique ones if someone in Canada in interested in them.

#9175 2 years ago

Wtf is going on?? P1 just emailed me that DP wont be on the line until "September/August"
Ive been waiting since November already.
Time to make new Mandalorian games though ffs

#9179 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Pros shipped last month, Premiums are about to ship. If you missed this run, perhaps next chance is September? I would assume there will be machines available, especially when the new Stern title is announced.

Again. Ontario, Canada.
We got no March run

#9185 2 years ago

My distributor may be getting some premiums soon. I want a pro (prefer the look anyway)
Just have a question for premium owners if i bite the bullet.
Does the goody bag contain the pro model flat plastic Dazzler and Wolverine?
Id actually prefer to use them over the action figure looking ones.
Id also swap the translite for a pro.

#9188 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I own the Pro, but I'm pretty sure I've read the Premiums do come with the Pro plastic figures.
I also like the look of the pro translite (entire art package actually) and figures better.

Agreed but waiting another 5mo is not appealing

#9189 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

I just found this video and yes it does move mid ball. Super Skill shot will get a thumbs up but it is so awkward given the motor only turns in 1 direction.
If thumbs up is 12 o clock it rests in a neutral position at 3 o clock. If you do something good it rotates all the way around from 3 o clock to 12. Double jointed? He is a superhero after all.

Yeah, that motor only spinning in one direction is hella awkward looking. Because a two way motor would have raised the pricetag too much?

#9234 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's still just points right? I guess not every game 'needs' extra awards for skill shots, but I do get very spoiled by the games that do.
Rob

Agreed.
Also sometimes you just want a late game Eddie letter the easy way (for example). Points be damned. Progression is my game.

2 weeks later
#9433 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Yep, I think this is what it is.

As someone who reread the Sega game manual multiple times as a kid, i promise its
Sho-Ryu-Ken (dragon punch)
Hado-Ken (fireball)
Taki-Maki-Sempi-Kiuku (spinning kick)

I was just impressed my brain retained than for over 25yrs lol

#9453 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I own a Pro and have spent time on a premium. I'm not even tempted to upgrade.

Itll be about 12mo total between when i asked my distributor for a pro and actually get one. He messaged me last week saying he had premium in stock so I tried to convince myself. Even though id like the loops and drops, i really dislike the premium art package, translite and action figures so i told him to move down his list and i will continue to wait on my pro. Also saves me 2k+ toward something else.

#9472 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

I got the alligator clip speaker wires to go onto the sub. Do you have a different setup?

Get a pinnovators board for $35. They are plug and play. They are a great product and a good company to deal with.

1 week later
#9606 2 years ago

Does anyone have pictures of a premium with all the pro flat plastics instead of the action figures and could the discoball light still hide behind 2D Dazzler?

2 months later
#10329 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Iron Maiden is awesome and is a great game to revisit every other month. But it does get stale in a small lineup. Deadpool is a fantastic choice.

Disagree. Even when im down to onenor two games, one is always our Maiden. Not going anywhere. Do agree that DP is another solid box of fun

1 month later
#10551 2 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Also, highly unpopular opinion: I don’t care for Elwin’s games - they’re far too fussy for my taste. The creativity of the layouts and engineering is fantastic, but they rely way too much on shot accuracy and are far too much work to be enjoyable. I play for fun and to progress a story towards a wizard mode, rather than going for scores. My impression is that his sole focus is to design games for high-pressure tournament play, which is not my thing.
I look forward to your downvotes.

I've owned all three Elwin games and while Maiden is my favorite game of all time, I didn't keep AIQ or JP very long and don't miss them at all. Godzilla however does seem to have modes more reminiscent of Maiden's though

#10567 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

Now I just need to get the 3x and 5x multiplier .

How do you get a 5x in Maiden?

#10598 2 years ago

After waiting 11mo. for my NIB pro, I now have a lead on a used pro.
What are some key things I should check for?
I know from when I owned an AIQ that it was known for isssues where the Antman area would have chips and grooves from the guide rails unless washers were installed.
Thanks.

#10600 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Katana ramp entrance guide is known to chip playfield. Good luck, awesome game!
Side note:
It’s funny how Pinside gives stern a pass on chipped playfield issues for the most part, but not JJP.
My 2 cents. Preventative maintenance has kept my Deadpool from getting worse (Mylar + washer), and it’s been a couple years. I did the same to my GNR and seems to do the trick *knock on wood* - difference is, my GNR is covered up with a washer so no biggie, Deadpool and stern chips are at the guides so you can’t really cover them up unless it’s a cliffy support area.

Put small washers under the guides.
Also, regarding Stern vs JJP playfield quality issues...Stern stands behind their products and have sent me numerous replacement parts as well as a whole new Metallica playfield in 2018. JJP doesnt back up anything they make and as far as their playfield issue, they give their unhappy customers the option to buy a replacement playfield. That's the difference.

#10607 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

If you have the chance, go Premium.
I played a lot of games on a Pro and some on an LE before buying a Premium.
The Pro is very good, the Prem is superb.
Artwork on Premium is much nicer then you think and I find it the best of the 3.

The art on the premium was one of my deciding factors. I really dislike it. Pro art all day.

#10617 2 years ago

Nothing like being all ready to pick up a Deadpool pro this weekend and getting a text from the seller today saying that their grandkids talked them into not selling it anymore. I had already made arrangements for a van and everything

1 week later
#10706 2 years ago

Boom!

20211001_173318 (resized).jpg20211001_173318 (resized).jpg
#10711 2 years ago

2yrs without a single cleaning. Not even a wipedown in 2,000 games. All settings set to easiest. So many free balls lol. Left coil stop completely disintegrated. Post sleeves splitting. Wolverine spinner hadn't worked in entire 2yrs he owned it (fixed it while I was at his house lol. Just reseated the connector)
Doesn't need much
She'll be good as new come Monday

20211001_205621 (resized).jpg20211001_205621 (resized).jpg

-clean
-clean again
-replace post sleeves
-new balls
-replace coil stops
-install art blades
-install shaker
-install pinmonk quiet fan kit
-install pinmonk mode brackets
-install titans
-install pinnovators sub kit
-play until my fingers hurt

#10715 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I agree with you. The pro plays great. I do think the premium is better though and worth the upgrade if you have the cash because DP is one of the greatest. This being said for buying purposes for NIB if I had a choice I would lean Prem. For HUO purchase I would get either pro or Prem which ever comes up at a fair price semi local from me. That’s what I did with my DP purchase and the stars aligned and I got a Prem. Now it seems the stars have to align to get anything anymore.
The pro is solid. I wouldn’t kick the pro out of bed.

DP suffer from the problem as Iron Maiden to me. The premium doesn't necessarily have enough to justify the upgrade but what put the nail in the coffin when I was deciding pro vs premium is that I really like the art package on both pro models and really dislike the art package on the premiums. I have a 1 storey home so I see my games all day.

#10727 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

She'll be good as new come Monday
-clean (check)
-clean again (check)
-replace post sleeves (check)
-new balls (check)
-replace coil stops (check)
-install art blades (check)
-install shaker (check)
-install pinmonk quiet fan kit (check)
-install pinmonk mode brackets (check)
-install titans (check...mostly)
-install pinnovators sub kit (check)
-play until my fingers hurt (in progress)

-install plastic protectors (check)
I also swapped out the red GI for White and think it makes a huge difference. Mando red worked but I wasn't liking the DP red.
Poor game was so neglected but is better than new now.
20211003_121551 (resized).jpg20211003_121551 (resized).jpg

#10728 2 years ago

Should there be a rubber in the post inside the colossus turn around? I'm assuming no?

#10747 2 years ago

Should I be able to backhand the left ramp?

#10774 2 years ago

I like to set my new games to 5 ball for a while until I learn the basics.
We've had our DP for about 2 weeks now and I'm starting to get the obvious stuff. Time to go down to 3 ball.
On 5 I've been able to get to a few Sauron team up battles, mechsuit multiball and both quests (usually going for one thing at a time for now), I'm liking the strategy I can see so far where sometime I will start something that I realize can be better utilized if brought in at a different time. Boom button integration is one of the best in pinball so far. (Mando's is REALLY good)
Anyway, just a little rant after my first 2 weeks. I could see this one lasting long term.

#10778 2 years ago

My first NIB game was Metallica and I'd never seen anything but a picture. I was ready to get my first NIB game and I liked Metallica.
Nowadays, I always watch some footage but I don't like to watch so much that I know the game before I own it. I like to learn stuff naturally for a while and then watch videos later if I want to learn some more depth.

#10779 2 years ago

Just made it to Mr. Sinister for the first time. Had an amazing ball one, garbage extra ball, an average ball two, then another good third ball.
Also had the T-Rex tooth collected.

20211012_223956 (resized).jpg20211012_223956 (resized).jpg20211012_225127 (resized).jpg20211012_225127 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#10855 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

Looks like Harley Quinn

1 week later
#10927 2 years ago

I've had a pro on order since November 2020.
Grabbed a used one last month.
Stern need to run their backorder before announcing more homepins or limited edition bs.

#10997 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Thinking of buying a NIB / Dec build Pro. Any idea if they have taken care of the Snikt misaligned target and the Katana ramp digging into the playfield issue?

Thinking of buying? My pro has been on order for 12mo. now.
I ended up buying a used one in September. Better commit soon.

#11024 2 years ago

What is the progression series through the game?
-Spell Dead to light battles
-Beat all 3 villains for Sauron MB
-Beat all 3 villain team ups to get to Mr. Sinister's clone MB
-Chimichunga's to light quests.
-Beat both quests for Megakrallalodonus Rex

Then what??

Also,
-Mechsuit MB (weapons)
-Disco MB (Dazzler spinner)
-Ninja MB (katana)
-Ninjapocolypse (I'm not actually clear what starts this)
-Katana-Rama (ramps)
-Team-ups

Anything I'm missing?

#11071 2 years ago

The new PAPA tutorial says code 1.08
Stern site is still at 1.05 but maybe that code drop is soon.

#11085 2 years ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

Adding a challenge mode to this game would take it from one of the greats of all time to legendary. I'm dying for my premium to come in. The more I play Deadpool, the more my appreciation for it as a complete package grows. There are deeper rule sets, more flowy shots, and flashier lights in other games. But this one puts it all together and is a ton of fun you can jump into and just have fun.

I'd like even a basic challenge mode. Boss rush. Play through all the characters as fast as possible. Like the Gem challenge in AIQ except fun.

#11090 2 years ago

Feeling good after putting up a bunch of new high scores in my game tonight. I didnt even progress as far as I could have. I was over 600,000,000 after my first ball and I hadn't even defeated any villains or quests yet.
No more start button tonight though. I'm walking away on a high note.

20211116_225742 (resized).jpg20211116_225742 (resized).jpg20211116_231747 (resized).jpg20211116_231747 (resized).jpg20211116_231750 (resized).jpg20211116_231750 (resized).jpg20211116_231753 (resized).jpg20211116_231753 (resized).jpg20211116_231755 (resized).jpg20211116_231755 (resized).jpg20211116_231757 (resized).jpg20211116_231757 (resized).jpg
#11102 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Funny you say this I actually posted something similar in the GZ thread. I have a DP Premium coming hopefully like these guys said in the next couple of months and debating selling/trading for a GZ premium.

DP and IMDN are the best pros imo.
GZ is a great pro as well. You just have to not think about what's "missing" and focus on the shots.
I couldn't sell my JP pro fast enough.
STh is a great pro but get old fast imo. I had a Mando premium and really enjoyed it but I feel I may suffer from the same issue.
I wouldn't trade a DP for anything other than IMDN or GZ and I would be very hesitant on GZ because I don't have much time with one.

#11122 2 years ago
Quoted from WolfWeb:

I've never liked the factory Katana handle on my Deadpool Premium so decided to change it. First I purchased the Mezel Mods handle and found it very badly printed, too bulky and just plain fugly, it's junk. Then I got one from Pinside user Lucxor and now am very happy with it. I've included a few photos comparing the three, a close up of the terrible 3d printing of the Mezal mods one and a close up of Lucxors.
From left to right, Mezel mods, Lucxor and factory.
Edit: added some photos of it in the machine
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I find I've met a lot of people who have purchased mods from Mezelmods.......once.
Ive tried a few of their mods over the years starting with Metallica once upon a time. Back then their mods where ok at best. In recent years almost all of the mods Ive purchased from them didn't end up being used once they arrived. Garbage products. Your pinball money is better spent almost anywhere else.

#11159 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Oh sorry, meant to say that my reservation is for December build of premium, and that it comes with the old price plus the tacked on IC addon.
I know the 2022 pricing, was just commenting that November /December builds of pre GZ games will have IC kits included

My friends September build Maiden does not have the QR reader but Maiden builds from November came with them (see Maiden thread)
The only Stern threads I follow are Maiden and DP so maybe some other recent runs have them as well.

#11162 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

1.06 code changed the scoring layout... always shows 4 players now. Going to take me a bit to get used to it.
[quoted image]

Seems like they are trying to make all their games have similar player display layouts.

#11187 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

August or September. So, after you.

My pro has been on order since November 2020.
I grabbed a used one in September. Still waiting to hear from my distributor about that nib. I know Stern doesnt care but they lost a NIB sale and cost P1 an easy sale.

#11235 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Looking to join this club, if anyone has a Deadpool pro they are looking to sell. PM me. Thanks!

You should change your settings to display your location

#11244 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

That's weird--I'm not sure what's going on there. If you look at the box in the middle at the same time, it says extra ball is lit at 30 weapons.

This the same Papa video I commented on when it was released. It is also labeled code 1.08
I thought he had an early code back then but now I just think there were mistakes. That "tutorial" was terrible anyway. He doesn't make it to even half of the modes on the game and explains even less. The older tutorial is actually way more useful.

1 week later
#11334 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Hahahahaahha, I’m the same way, put a dot off the end of a toothpick of lithium grease on my spinners and wowza! They spin all day long, LOL.
DISCO MULTIBALL!!!!

WD40: the poor man's disco multiball
I started by lubing up all the spinners on my early SS games. Most of them have really satisfying spinner effects. (Skateball super spinner sound effect is so great)
Deadpool for those Multiball and Wolverine shots is so helpful. As is the revive spinner on Maiden.
Greasy spinners all day!!

#11341 2 years ago

My insert lights will on occasion go wonky with flipper use. It's random but I've recently noticed it and when it does happen it's pretty irritating. Has anyone experienced this? The game plays rock solid still. Never noticed it with the previous code though...

Edit: for example, inserts that are not supposed to be lit will sometimes light and inserts that should be lit go out. A flipp of the flippers will fix it or make it happen again. When it does happen, the flippers seem to control the problem but it doesn't happen often enough to really peg it down

#11351 2 years ago

Wiggled some connections. Problem solved. Thanks.

#11354 2 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

WTF I assumed that the premium would have a shaker…. We are creeping toward 8k. Sigh. Guess I missed that.

Premiums models just have full game features and different art packages. Never a shaker, art blades or any of the bells and whistles that come with an LE.
I put shakers and art blades in most of my games. They only cost <$300CDN (<$230? USD) for both add ons.
My distributor now charges $300 delivery/setup so I pick my games up myself in a rental van for $80 and feel like I have $220 "pinball money" in my pocket still.

1 week later
#11399 2 years ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Someone in the German Forum is working on to Implement a Shooter ramp in to his DP-Pro. (https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/forum/threads/deadpool-pro-shooter-rampe.241020/)
He wants to stop the ball to get back to the shooterlane.
He also try to get a Left discoloop. i find it very Intressting.
Someone with a premium knows what triggers the right upper gate to open for discoloop?
I also dont like it when the ball get stuck on the small wire between the shooter lane and the right orbit.

I've never been a big fan of the trickle back into the shooter lane but it does open up those extra skill shot attempts

#11411 2 years ago

BOOM!!! Took me 3mo but I just finished the game!!
New Grand Champion
Also new tilt Champion

Screenshot_20211223-165719_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211223-165719_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211223-165711_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211223-165711_Gallery (resized).jpg
1 week later
#11462 2 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Could it be the little mini-guide? See below from 3y ago:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I have been considering this. My right orbit often jostles and wraps around into the shooter lane. I though I had magnetized balls somehow at first. It looks like that Godzilla magnet shot sometimes, the way it goes full speed into the right orbit but rips over to to right QUICKLY.
You haven't found any issue with this bracket being removed eh?

Screenshot_20220105-103524_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220105-103524_Gallery (resized).jpg
#11469 2 years ago
Quoted from JONESDS:

Do you think it's hitting the wire ball guide edge on the right? Seems like it should be to the right of the right ball guide rail. I don't own the game but if the wire ball guide is sitting pretty flush with the playfield, it may not impact the ball as it hugs the right ball guide rail.

I went the opposite route and tightened that bracket as well as the end of the shooter lane. The ball would bounce off the right orbit shooter lane diverter, then bounce off the little bracket mentioned earlier and into the shooter lane. Tightening everything up seems to have fixed the issue

1 week later
#11514 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Incredible how we continue to get screwed by distributors and Stern changing pricing after putting a deposit 8+ months ago.
Here I am like a sucker will most likely bend over.
Strange times really! This is a weird hobby to be in, I got into it 1 year ago and holly cow, I dont think I would ever consider it if I was just starting now.
Soon to be a rich person hobby. It is a bit sad.

I ordered a Deadpool pro from P1 in November 2020 and still have no ETA lol. I ended up buying a used one in September for a lot less than NIB. Since I put in my order in 2020, the price has increased three times. I'm probably out on premiums forever now and even the pro models are starting to feel like an unjustified amount to spend on my toys.

1 week later
#11596 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Anyone do the knocker add on? ..

Aghhh!

1 year later
#15542 5 months ago

If they ever ad anything to this game code, what I really want is a Kraken battle. It was clearly in the first draft and collecting a third part before entering Megakrakledonus Rex battle could be some kind of bonus in the mode.

3 weeks later
#15760 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It definitely feels the loss of the two they cut from the game.

I just want a Krakken quest.
Mega-Kraka-lodonis-Rex bugs the heck out of me

#15778 4 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

And I really want to know what BrokenChair did for 6.5 billion when you usually barely finish any quests in a game for under 50 million. (You sure you're not miscounting digits?)

Ive had my DP pro for about 2.5yrs. My high score is 2.2 billion and I can fairly regularly put up a 800 million game. I'm a slightly above average player at best. This game can definitely score really high. Especially if you clear all the modes.

#15803 4 months ago
Quoted from brzezicki:

Can anyone tell me what the boom button does? I figured it was a spot all lit spots like on Godzilla or a single spotted shot like foo or bond or gotg ir Mando whistling birds but I whenever I press it I do t see anything that matches those behaviors. And as far as I know there is no manual

Yellow boom (x1)-spots whatever the most beneficial shot is at the time (anything but scoop)
Red boom (x4)-spots all lit shoots (except scoop)
OR hold down to release one yellow boom at a time.

Also, attract mode instructions.
Also, tilt forums.

#15805 4 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Also the game lets you use the boom even if nothing is running or lit - if you do that, it'll count for the next diamond towards Katanarama, though it's not very obvious that's what happened.

2+yrs. Never knew this one

1 week later
#15822 3 months ago

Big thanks to Lucxor for this great looking mod.
Inexpensive and well made.
Highly recommended.

20231228_212326 (resized).jpg20231228_212326 (resized).jpg20231228_213649 (resized).jpg20231228_213649 (resized).jpg20231228_214042 (resized).jpg20231228_214042 (resized).jpg
#15826 3 months ago
Quoted from Freeplay69:

Now have the Deadpool pinball glass cover available in my Pinside store. Great way to protect the playfield from dust when not in use and covers the glass perfectly. Light fabric material so easy to remove and replace on the glass. $50 each and can be ordered with the link below. Happy holidays.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1505-duke-pinball/09969-deadpool-banner-glass-cover-
[quoted image]

When are you expecting g to have the Maiden Legacy cover back in stock?

#15831 3 months ago
Quoted from MrBigg:

Big shoutout to @silverballdesigns for my request to make the first ever set of blood dripping return lane protectors for DP. MrCleanHead Rob for fantastic service, and doing it so fast.
They do great work, and Rob is spot on.
[quoted image]

Am I the only one who immediately swapped out the red GI with white? I forget this until I see another red launch area

#15841 3 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I don’t do mods for anything other than fixing gameplay issues ; are there any needed mods that fix gameplay issues ?

Depends on the model production date but an anti sway bracket for the Snikt shot is absolutely necessary

#15844 3 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Pin stadium’s really show how beautiful the artwork is. I have them on all my games they are great

Or turn on a light

#15851 3 months ago
Quoted from Bikerjoy:

Personally I think a pinball game truly belongs more in a dark room. The back light and and light show just pops more. Turning on a light in the rooms just washes out contrasts and colors.

To each there own. I like the lights on when I play. I'm playing pinball to play pinball. I'd rather see the ball clearly. I can admire my games in attract mode.
I did make a set of homemade pinstadiums for the back half of my friend's Judge Dredd though. That game is dark even under lights. So many wireforms back there and the dead world frisbee

#15852 3 months ago
Quoted from Bikerjoy:

Personally I think a pinball game truly belongs more in a dark room. The back light and and light show just pops more. Turning on a light in the rooms just washes out contrasts and colors.

To each there own. I like the lights on when I play. I'm playing pinball to play pinball. I'd rather see the ball clearly. I can admire my games in attract mode.
I did make a set of homemade pinstadiums for the back half of my friend's Judge Dredd though. That game is dark even under lights. So many wireforms back there and the dead world frisbee

Quoted from big-c66:

Turning on a little light no where compares to pin stadium lights. When you set them up to really bring out the artwork is beautifully not counting how everything is lit up nicely not overwhelming. Now this is just my opinion not trying to step on toes. LOL

No toes stepped on. We disagree is all. I feel pinstadiums are overpriced and blow everything out. You love your. All good, man.

#15856 3 months ago

Wtf are precision flippers?
This feels like a "play better" moment.

#15881 3 months ago
Quoted from Gambeno:

Deadpool Premium vs. Pro. I see people saying the Pro is a better deal, but I feel I would miss the drop targets and the disco ball. Does anyone with a Pro regret not getting the premium? Is it worth the $2K extra?

I had to wait longer to get a pro. I prefer the art package. The drops slow the game down. Only thing I'm missing is the loop shot and that's not worth 2k and a less preferred art package.

3 weeks later
#15984 78 days ago
Quoted from VinnyBlanc:

Contemplating the Comet GI upgrade kit for deadpoool. Anyone have it? Thoughts/pics? I recently did the PinMonk colored under update which I love, but the red from the stock GI (by shooter lane) is making the yellow in the BOOM inserts appear green(ish).

I removed all red GI on day one.

#16014 73 days ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

"Why would you" is to get control at the flippers. Deadpool doesn't feed the plunge to a flipper (like JP, AIQ) or allow a soft plunge directly to the flippers (like SW, STh.) Deadpool's plunge can only come down the left orbit hard or exit the bumpers, and both of those are risky.
On mine, if you plunge medium-soft so the ball tops out just below the orbit switch, sometimes it will rattle enough to come down the right orbit entrance softly. Or if it goes back into the plunger, you can quickly beat the autoplunge and try again. I don't know how you'd make it happen consistently though.

You've got ball save time to get control

1 week later
#16058 62 days ago

Oops, wrong thread.

1 month later
#16185 27 days ago
Quoted from BloodLordsminis:

Hey everyone, just wanted to share this mod I'm making for the machine! Thank you kindly.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-figure-mod
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What makes your mod 12× more expensive than the more comic accurate ones on eBay?

Screenshot_20240327_001709_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240327_001709_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240327_001906_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20240327_001906_Chrome (resized).jpg
#16187 27 days ago

Oops. Wrong thread

#16191 27 days ago
Quoted from VinnyBlanc:

That one is a 2-3 “toy” coming from China and looks like a red Gumby (look at wrist) with the feet floating in air. Compare that to a custom fit (4.25”) hand painted piece that sits flush on the plastic and ships quickly from the US.
I understand that some people on a budget may have to go that route, but in the realm of actual Pinball mods, I think this is appropriately priced.

Quoted from jackd104:

How much would I need to pay you to spend a few hours of your time hand painting that figure to look 12x better?

You are assuming I think the "hand painted" one looks better. I'm not putting toys in my games anyway but the "chinese" one matches the game verse the hand painted one that is clearly movie based.
I'm not seeing the increased value over the "gumby" version (same size btw).
Don't take pot shots assuming it's a budget thing. It's just an overpriced, uninspired mod.

#16202 22 days ago
Quoted from ALY:

What's your boot time on DP. I have a Pro with latest version and takes between 1 to 2 minutes.

<1min but slow

#16203 22 days ago

It feels so good when you make it through most of the game on one ball.
The rest didn't go as well but that's pinball.

20240331_234905 (resized).jpg20240331_234905 (resized).jpg20240331_235749 (resized).jpg20240331_235749 (resized).jpg
#16215 19 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Purple works.
[quoted image]

Does it though?

#16218 18 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's a pro. The art is purple

?? What?

#16222 18 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

[Removed]

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

10% purple does not make the game purple. Just stop. You said it best in your own post when you asked for opinions on the purple powder coat. Nobody had anything good to say....because it's a bad match

2 weeks later
#16281 3 days ago

Ho-ly-crap

I just had the game of a lifetime. This was I think, my third time beating the game but damn.

20240420_214553 (resized).jpg20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider knockerptsd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=knockerptsd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.