(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,264 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by mIkea
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kevlar51.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11211 2 years ago

Joined the club recently—really looking forward to these free chimichangas!

#11237 2 years ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

Seems like v1.06 changed the weapon extra ball to 30 weapons instead of 10! I'm not seeing that listed in the change logs tho?

I'm on 1.05 and it's at 30 weapons (not sure what it was in prior revs). Did you have it adjusted in settings?

#11243 2 years ago
Quoted from RonSwanson:

The very recent (Nov 15, 2021) PAPA pinball tutorial lights extra ball at 10 weapons. It's occurs at 5:05 into the video.

That's weird--I'm not sure what's going on there. If you look at the box in the middle at the same time, it says extra ball is lit at 30 weapons.

2 months later
#11847 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

What's the general consensus on replacing the red GI? I've got a Premium coming this week and a boatload of Comet 2SMD Sunlight bulbs - just not sure if the change is worth it. It I do replace them, I'll probably replace ALL of the GI with Sunlight.

Yes--big improvement.

#11880 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Can you please post some photos of the translucent rubbers? I have been thinking about this as well and would love to see it.
As for the pain of swapping out all of the bulbs, here is a Protip I didn't learn until after the fact. Many of these sockets are screwed in under the playfield. It can be a lot easier to unscrew and replace these bulbs vs dismantling the plastics, ramps, etc above.

My recollection is that aside from the backboard, all the GI playfield bulbs can be accessed underneath.

If not, it means I missed some in my swap

#11882 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I think there are a couple rows blocked by flipper mechanisms underneath at least. Easier to go top side.

Good catch—I probably swapped them when I installed my spotlights

2 weeks later
#12202 2 years ago

I hit Colossus all day long if I'm aiming for the Hell House.

#12218 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I still have yet to do that on any of my machines. And never have done that before. When I go to Marco and type in deadpool premium this comes up. Is this the one I should buy a few of and have on hand just in case?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-6308-01
I've seen a few you tube videos on how to do it so I can probably swing it when something happens.

Those will work. And it’s a simple repair—if you can handle a wrench or screwdriver you can do this

1 week later
#12252 2 years ago

I’ve got an issue that I have seen posted elsewhere—my insert lights are lighting and flashing at incorrect times and the flippers for whatever reason control the behavior. When it’s popped up in the past, reseating the node connectors has solved the issue. But now it’s not solving anymore.

Has anyone come across a more permanent solution?

#12254 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Which connectors? I would recommend checking connectors at the main node board near the flippers as well as any light boards that have flickering inserts.

Everything on 8 and 9, but normally the rj45 connectors would solve it. I'll check the others.

#12255 2 years ago

Good news—it’s now working properly. I reseated every cable I could find. Unfortunately I can’t say which one was the culprit, so let’s hope it doesn’t pop up again for a while.

2 months later
#12815 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Thank you. Have the glass shaker and katana handle on my list. Also looking at a couple spotlights.
I will have to search up the whit GI bulbs. Haven’t come across that yet

Comet sells a kit:

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/deadpool-general-illumination-upgrade-kit?variant=12493737132076

#12836 1 year ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

It's new pin day!
Patiently waiting for my wife to wake up so she can help me get it down the stairs to the basement now. The wait is excruciating.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I don't know what to tell ya pal. But the sign says that pin belongs to Cointaker.

2 months later
#13622 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

I know they wont complete the mode but I figured they would take off more damage than that for 3 of them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Like bigguybbr said, it depends on the lit shot. I believe damage to Mystique is greater if the teammate she's transformed into matches the lit shot. Plus there's added damage if you've got Wolverine on your team, etc.

3 months later
#14223 1 year ago
Quoted from YZRider926:

Where is the best place to buy a shaker? I’ve read some places sell shakers that cause problems with spike 2 systems.

Pinball Life usually, unless someone is having a sale on OEM Stern shakers. Otherwise you won't see a difference between the PBL and Stern units.

https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

1 week later
#14261 1 year ago

Could someone please provide me with a link or part number for the cords that attach between the speaker panel and backbox (they hold up the speaker panel when it's open)? One of my snapped. I can't find it in the manual and I've tried every word combination I could think of, and I'm coming up blank.

#14264 1 year ago

Thanks all

3 months later
#14620 1 year ago
Quoted from Nikko:

With some help from fellow Pinsider G35R6 we put these sweet halos on last night …
[quoted image]

My snikt hit-rate went up roughly 1000% after installing halos.

#14623 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Money, very, very well spent. They will improve the way the game plays, feels and looks. Looks beautiful right at the flippers where you look most of the game.

punkin is a shill but in this case he's right

seriously though--on standard flippers, snikt shots were a happy accident if I ever got one. With the Halos, they are much more achievable. On the last game I played, I had x3 on ball 2 and x4 on ball 3.

#14627 1 year ago
Quoted from Nikko:

They look fantastic and play just as well! Absolutely worth the money. I'm already looking at GZ sitting next to DP and wondering what color would be best!

Green with blue bands looks nice.

Now that they've got purple, I'm ready to order for my GZ and WCS94... and replace my AFM solid metal flippers with halos. But I want the keyed shafts for my WCS94, and those are out of stock for a couple weeks.

#14629 1 year ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Went and got a digital level today. What a difference that makes. Not just Deadpool but wow all of my games were way off.
Added rubber to the outlanes posts and big difference in ball times.
Still can't get the damn Dazzler multiball.

Put a drop of super lube on the spinner arm.

1 month later
#14715 1 year ago
Quoted from waymon:

Anyone here have a long term opinion on the precision flippers for this game?

How long are we talking? I’ve had mine installed for 3 months and I wouldn’t go back. Shots have been more accurate and I am successful with SNIKT shots a ton more.

#14717 1 year ago
Quoted from waymon:

I don't think it will take much to convince me at this point. I've read through the revie thread. I saw a lot of initial reviews but only few came back to add to things. Readjusting timing and such along with consistency can make for much more improved gameplay. Did you go with the solid version or hollo version?

I have halos. I have four pins and eventually converted all four to these flippers. I first tried out halos on my DP and solids on my AFM. I ended up switching my AFM to halos when I upgraded my other two pins.

1 month later
#14839 11 months ago
Quoted from Titokombo:

Has anyone had an issue with their Hellhouse scoop where it registers on the switch test but not in game? I looked at the micro switch and it clicks, none of the wires seem to be loose, and every other shot seems to register, but even after selecting battles it has to ball search to eject out. I'm thinking of replacing the micro switch but it seems like odd behavior since the switch seems fine and the switch tests register.

When you test, are you testing with a ball and not your finger?

I recently had to replace that switch. The wires were fine, but one of the posts had ripped clean off. Hadn't seen that before.

#14846 11 months ago

If you're ordering new switches (without the arm), make sure you the new arm will fit properly. I have no idea how to identify which switch part is which, unfortunately, but the manner in which the arm attached to my hellhouse switch is not the same as all my spares, and so I couldn't simply remove the arm from the broken switch and put it on a spare.

But the arm on the PBL replacement I ordered has a different attachment method than the original, and if this switch ever breaks, the arm will fit on my spares.

#14850 11 months ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

No, the lights don't blink off & on, They work like they should, except that they might be completely dark, or dim, or normal in brightness, and this condition changes during the game. I played a few games just now while I'm writing this and here's what I experienced: The 4-insert lights at the top of the pf for scoring a skillshot upon initial plunge of each ball, were all dark. I could still score the skillshot because I know which of these lights should be lit for the initial plunge for each ball even though they were all dark. After the ball gets into the main pf area it's nearly impossible to know which of these insert lights is supposed to be lit because it changes every time you hit the left flipper button. As you know, every time the ball goes thru the lane beneath each of these lights it turns the light on (if it's off) and when all 4 lights are lit the bonus multiplier increases by one. Anyway, these lights remained dark for the entire game that I played so I couldn't tell which lights I needed to turn on for the bonus multiplier. I then played a 2nd game and at first these 4 lights were still dark, but after a few seconds the lights started working correctly. For the remainder of the game, these lights would go off (dark) and stay that way for maybe 15-30 seconds, and then start working again like they should with normal brightness, and then after another 15-30 seconds they would all go dark again, and alternate that way for the rest of the game. I then played a 3rd game and the lights all acted normally, with normal brightness for the entire game, as if it took them 2-games to warm up. This has been the pattern for several days now and I'm wondering what I should start checking out to solve this problem. I have previously had problems with lights that change from off to on (or vise versa) depending on game conditions, but these problems were on old Bally & Williams games, and replacing a transistor was usually the solution, but I'm a novice with the modern Stern games. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I've had similar issues on two occasions. Reseating node-board connections never seemed to do the trick for me. Instead, I sucked it up and reseated every cable I could find on the game. Issue was solved, but I can't tell you which connection was the culprit.

1 week later
#14857 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Has anyone replaced the plastic apron with a metal one in their Deadpool Pro? Don't need IC cutout as I always relocate to the coin door. Trying to find a compatible stern part for this. Thanks in advance.

I replaced mine with the one pinball life sells. It looks fine, but fits oddly--the top (towards the head unit) of the apron doesn't secure properly, which makes lifting the playfield an adventure. I'd swapped for the metal apron for its lower clearance to utilize a video screen mod that gets installed by the flippers.

#14859 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

Is this the one you used? https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-bottom-apronarch-metal.html
Can't tell from the picture or description if this one has the two screws that fit into the holes in the playfield on each side of the flippers.

Yes, that's the one I got. At least I think. I was wrong--apparently I bought it from Planetary Pinball. It's the same model number as the PBL you linked, but the PPB listing calls it "no fork." PBL is cheaper.

3 months later
#15055 8 months ago
Quoted from Rudy68:

Has anyone noticed a bug in Disco MB? Regularly it says Disco MB is ready but it doesn’t start it when shooting the spinner. Sometimes on the next ball it does. I have the pro, what an amazing game.

If pretty much any other mode is occurring in the game, disco mb won't start.

2 weeks later
#15132 7 months ago

I've got an issue where my my katana is not trapping the ball consistently (at times where it should be). Sometimes it gets it, sometimes it doesn't--it's hard to say for certain, but it looks like it's trying to trap it, but too slow.

Any thoughts on where to start?

#15135 7 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Read a few posts above yours.

Thanks—looks like my spring snapped.

#15151 7 months ago
Quoted from Brutbae87:

So got my Deadpool today and love the gameplay! Couple issues I have. The Deadpool targets are backwards however thanks to some awesome members on here I can get that corrected pretty quickly. Another issue it came with was when locking balls in the katana it only works about 20-30% of the time it’s supposed to. I noticed when the ball goes up to the post it just rolls right over it. I know kind of a dark pictures but are the posts supposed to be higher than what mine is?
[quoted image]

Can you post a pic showing the spring in the VUK assembly that props up that post? Want to make sure it’s all seated properly.

6 months later
#16256 5 days ago
Quoted from AssaultSuit:

Got my first ever 2 billy game (on any Spike 2) last night. Open outlanes, stock settings.
It was my 4th game of the night. Games 1, 2, and 3 were 42M, 9M, and 22M respectively, lol!
[quoted image]

Great score! And great to see you on here--fun to cross paths since the Goozex days!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kevlar51.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=kevlar51 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.