(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,296 posts
  • 1,093 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by truemagoo102
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jedi_gill.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13552 1 year ago

Just joined the club.. I waxed the playfield, modded the machine with mods from this lovely site, and I still yet to play 1 game.. LOL I'm so excited for tomorrow when I level the machine and play.

To be fair, I wasn't planning on not playing but I realized that the Premium comes with the inserts of characters not installed.. I installed those, then noticed a few quality issues, installed ninja stars, Ninja Handle, Chimichanga truck, Hell house, The 3D printed bullets by the top left and right ramps, Start button, Coin Slots, I just kept going.. Hoping it actually works when i turn it on LOL. Modding is really fun actually.

#13555 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Can someone please tell me where this part is from? I found it in the loop (under the left ramp)?
One screw and an metal piece in an “L” shape.
Much appreciate any help! The machine only has 100 plays!!!
[quoted image]
Edit: I’m pretty sure it’s part of the Deadpool in the hammock plastic over the left ramp because that whole plastic that stops the ball from flying off is loose now.

Your in Luck, I was installing the Ramp and Diverter Mod last night and this same piece fell out from it because one of the supports when I unscrewed it, I inadvertently unscrew the bottom screw holding it up.

This piece goes underneath the ramp of the Left Kitana RAMP pictured below. You will have to take the Ramp off to put it back on and find the screw that fell from it. The good news is that it's it's only 3 Hex Nuts to take it off from underneath the playfield. You will also have to take one Hex bolt from the Ball Ramp to the Kitana sword to take this pieced out and also disconnect the 2 wires electrical quick connect clips shown below so you can fully pull it out.

P.S. I found my screw underneath a little opening to the back of the PIN. It was hidden in there and luckily with some angle tweezers I got it out.

Here are some pictures to help you figure it out, let me know if you need more help.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg4 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg5 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg6 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg7 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg8 (resized).jpg

#13556 1 year ago
Quoted from theun4gven:

They aren't installed because the premium has the figurines instead. Did you install the cutouts as well or did you not get the figurines?

I see only Wolverine and the the Disco lady on the left as a figurine. I had to install the Deadpool plastic on a Hammock on the left ramp, Collossus plastic in the back center and some lady by the Kitana blade on the right. I think this is normal correct?

1 week later
#13648 1 year ago

Hello, I have a question hoping someone can help.

I have a Deadpool premium and I've noticed on about 50% of the shots the little deadpool targets when hit hard won't drop. I did a test and if I tap them with my finger they go down all the time. It seems that maybe if it's hit too hard.. the impact keeps them up and doesn't let the spring pull them down.. Not sure exactly what's going on but I'm hoping someone else noticed this and has a fix I can implement.

Thanks for the help in advance.

#13677 1 year ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I will sell these if there is enough interest.
[quoted image]

I'm interested, but like anything what's the cost. That's an important factor..

Let us know.. Looks good.

#13680 1 year ago

Hello Pinsiders, I don't know if someone wants to make a sticky out of this post but I've uncovered a big problem with my Little Deadpool targets. Thank you to many that posted on here and responded to my texts I take no credit in finding out the problem but I do want to take credit for resolving it with a solution that I had not seen posted.

The issue is that the Drop-down targets on Little Deadpool are sometimes screwed in the playfield wood too far back (away from the player) I'm talking about 2 millimeters difference that can cause this. When they are screwed in this way, (Mine was and was recently built in May) when you land hard direct shots on them the targets flex back but not back enough and with the momentum cause the targets to bounce off the wooden playfield on their back and go back forward unfortunately not allowing them to properly un-latch.

I saw some posts on this forum suggesting I drill new holes into the playfield and I just didn't feel comfortable doing that so I looked at the mech and came up with an even better plan.

I used a Dremel with a Tungsten bit and simply elongated the 4 holes on the drop target metal where it attaches to the playfield Pic shown below. This allows the mech device to be moved about 2mm forward, toward the player; now giving more space behind the drop down target and when hit will successfully drop down. Here are a few pictures of my fix as well as before and after videos of the problem occurring and then resolved.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

The Yellow line in my pics show where the Mech used to lie. Notice it's moved up (towards the player) about 1.5-2mm.

P.S. (Please take full precaution Dremeling out this metal plate, This was not that easy and I did it very slowly. Even used a polish bit when it bounced around too much for my comfort. I think if I had a machine shop I'd simply use a metal drill bit and a vice to make it easier and safer)

Here is a video of the issue at hand 3 Different shots moments apart.

Before Fix Shot 1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bpb1ask6g90gqkl/DP%20Shot%201.mp4?dl=0

Before Fix Shot 2
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2lmtb2n903q4fgp/DP%20Shot%202.mp4?dl=0

Before Fix Shot 3
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kx97vozpflys3zt/DP%20Shot%203.mp4?dl=0

Here is a video of the Drop Target now fixed, notice that there is now wiggle room behind it.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/pZPrG2nAUwhFs97T8

Here is videos of the drop targets now fixed. The same power level on the flippers and direct hard hits.

After Fix Shot 1
https://photos.app.goo.gl/SoL3sbiDFiwwSbHR7

After Fix Shot 2
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3U8KWxXUcDxjfU818

As you can tell I've documented this experience very detailed in hopes that others can learn what I've learned and I wanted to give back to this great community that always seems to give a helping hand.

Thanks for reading sorry for typos.
TL;DR - Some Deadpool machines have the little deadpool drop targets too far back causing them not to drop and this provides and alternative fix instead of drilling into the playfield.

#13686 1 year ago

Hello quick question. I'm trying to replace the POSTS around the little Deadpool targets as I've seen on this forum that they wear out quickly.

I just can't figure out the right size.

Is it Post Sleeve - Standard?

Or is it Post Sleeve - Stern Slim Tapered?

One last thing, I don't like that Deadpool has blue Rubber Posts on the ramps. Has anyone ever changed these to Black to go with the Theme.. Is there a reason Stern went with Blue which matches nothing on the playfield.

I'd like to change mine to black without painting them, curious if someone can provide a link of where I can get them.

Below is a picture of my playfield, I circled in Yellow where the Blue Rubber posts are. Thanks in advance.

Untitled.pngUntitled.png

#13690 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Nope, just need a tiny Phillips head if i remember correctly. Those blue pieces are pretty easily replaceable

I thought they where riveted but you are correct, they can come out with just a tool. My question is, where do I find these replaceable pieces in black? what are they called?

#13692 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I normally go with slim taper competition silicone Titans on the posts of all my games but let me make a suggestion for Deadpool, my machine shoots blisteringly fast, as do most Deadpools I've played and the Titan posts wear out very quickly. I put Superbands on the posts (especially at the lil Deadpool target entrance) and they have held up perfectly

Thanks, I'll take your advice.. Do you have a like to where I can buy these posts.. thanks.

#13699 1 year ago

Thank you for the link. I just placed an order.. Now if someone has an idea of where I can get the black pads instead of the default blue one that would be gravy.. I'm genuinely curious why they put blue one on this pin when it's clear Black would have been the way to go.

#13701 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I have never ordered from this site and don't know if the part numbers or sizes are correct but they have some listed
Just for reference
https://worldwidepinball.com/product-category/playfield-rubbers/

You know what, I just realized I should reach out to stern to get the part numbers.. I'm sure they have alternative color in black as black is so common for a pin.. great idea.. thanks.

#13707 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

They have popped up in production games in black as well. I have not seen black for sale, but its also not something I go out looking for all that often. Stern uses what they can source to push out games most likely.

I've noticed that too.. this might be the reason it comes in blue and I'll just have to live with it. It's not bad but it does stand out from time to time.

#13710 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think I really prefer DP over JP. I recently sold my JP Premium and not sure I really miss it. The shots on that game are just nowhere near as fun or rewarding as DP. I'd also take Mechsuit Multiball any day over Raptor multiball....
Rob

Funny you wrote this.. I did the very exact same thing. I sold my JP to get DP, I find the shots more forgiving and overall the machine is more well enjoyed by those that play it. JP is a great machine, but it requires a much higher skill ceiling that most people don't have and those that have the skill don't always want to get into a tense grudge match. JP Code is definitely longer and has more modes, but it was so hard I found setting it to easy mode in the menu and giving myself 6 balls to truly enjoy the experience. My wife loves deadpool more and as we all know, that's all that matters sometimes

#13711 1 year ago
Quoted from Neverendz:

This happened...
I don't know where it came from, or where it goes. No screws found. We just got DP last week. I blame my wife for this. She was playing it hard.
Thanks in advance!
, Bill
[quoted image]

I know exactly where this comes from and how to put it back on.

Here is a post I made on the topic. Message me if you have any questions. You may be able to simply hold it in place without taking off the ramp to put it back on but either way it's not hard. Good luck.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/272#post-7027588

#13712 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Okay I just looked it up in the manual.
The part number is 626-5067-00

Just so you know.. I called Pinball life and spoke with the great Scott Danesi there that's a good of mine. He told me that unfortunately they don't sell this part in any other color but blue. It's kind of the standard color to use, I could swap it out for something similar but the fit won't be the same and it might affect the ball movement. He also said it's Vinyl material so you can't paint it, dye it or anything but just live with it. Just wanted to share this with you all incase you also where thinking about swapping just for the color. I'll just tell myself, it's actually any other color but blue, so don't be upset at the blue color to make me feel better.

#13723 1 year ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

I worked on this tonight.
Removed the Lil Deadpool drops.
Used a small jewelers rat tail file to slot the 4 holes, maybe about 1-2 mm in length.
When putting back together, I biased the assembly toward the front of the game as much as the slots would allow.
The drops now live roughly in the center (front to back) of the PF slot.
I hit the drops hard over & over. They dropped on every hit.
Mind you, I did also perform 2 small tweaks before scooching the assembly, so the fix may be a group effort:
1. Removed 2 loops each of the 3 extension springs to increase the spring rate slightly.
2. Put 2 small washers (as shims) under the front edge of the bracket to angle the drops back a degree or three.
Thanks,
-Jason

Awesome, I'm glad my little fix helped fix your drop targets like it did mine.

btw I never thought about adding a washer to the front edge (closer to the player) to tilt it just a few degrees more allowing the target to lean back when hit just a bit further, genius idea. My hits are currently all registering so I'll leave mine alone until it doesn't work but if I notice some fails I'll do this quick fix.

In regards to removing 2 loops on the 3 extension springs, I wanted to ask how exactly did you do that? Do you cut 2 loops out of the spring and attach it from where you cut?

I appreciate you reporting back. If indeed more people are affected and this fix helps I hope some mod sticky's most post.

#13740 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I haven't heard anything from Stern about it. Not sure why it's still missing after all this time. Everything else is complete.

The ending is so confusing that when I got there I really didn't know if it had ended or glitched. It really deserves a proper ending and it's only going to happen it seems if we petition for it. What are your guys thoughts on it.?

#13748 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Ask George on Facebook! But, I'm guessing there's no plan.
Rob

I took your advice and asked George on Facebook and the man the myth the legend actually replied.

This was his response:

George Gomez - "Final Cut scene is missing a small part of an animation- we may add it at some point."

I really hope this gets done, I know it's already an amazing PIN and I hope they seal the deal with a cherry on top to close out the PIN. It really does need it.

1 week later
#13792 1 year ago
Quoted from BrandonLaw:

Also wanted to comment here about the Drop Targets.
I am to assume the lack of dropping of the targets happens to everyone. This is not uncommon and superfriggin'annoying. I initially tried the washers as I wasn't feeling like taking out the module to widen the mounting holes. The problem with this is that it lowers the targets' seat in the PF and your slow ball likes to park it on the cutout. I then added a similar spring from my Harbor Freight kit but shorter for more tension after taking out the washers and BAM....drops. Every. Single. Time. Just needed more oomph on the pull to overcome the speed/force of the ball. This can also be tricky as you'll need a thin pair of needle nose to shimmy up in there on the two right drop targets.
https://www.harborfreight.com/200-piece-assorted-spring-set-67562.html

I don't know if you missed my post on this topic but this small fix really fixed all my issues on the stock springs. I really hope a MOD Sticky's it to avoid the headache I had on a NIB machine. Also because of the angle of the targets and the slope even on slow shots the ball never parks here. It simply rolls to the right and back out of the hole, it's it's the right target it will go to the little deadpool sensor where it detects a captured ball and the targets will spring back up and the machine will spit out another ball. I don't know if you noticed but Gomez put a sensor in this corner specifically because he designed the machine to hold the balls in this corner.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/274#post-7051018

#13795 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:

It already is. Its been marked as a Key Post and is in the list.

Wow, just right now I learned that this forum only shows you 10 Key posts until you click on the link to show you more. I clicked on it and saw all 42 key posts.. I do see my post now.. Thanks and apologize for simply not understanding how this all works. This site is pretty awesome.

#13815 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Someone mentioned swapping out the blue pads. It looks like Ninjacamp is making some black pads.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06741-rush-premium-le-time-machine-ramp-guards

Awesome, thanks for this.. I was looking and will definitely order a set.

#13874 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

What has Stern tech support suggested? Stronger drop springs might help. I'll send them an email.

I contacted Stern and actually, the videos I posted were initially taped to send to their tech support. I'll be honest and say that after about 1 1/2 weeks of waiting and asking for an update, they really didn't know what the problem was and while the gentleman was nice he simply let me know he was still waiting on an engineer to look at the problem to see if a suggestion could be provided. None was ever provided.

It was at this point that I decided to diagnose the problem myself and upon reading this forum and some suggestions for a fix; I came up with the fix I outlined in my post. When you look at the Mech you'll easily realize it's not that complicated so there is very little that can go wrong for it not to work.

This issue which I found is not a mechanical issue with the Mech, this is why Stern cannot really help; Instead, the problem lies with the assembly line.

The person who's drilling the holes for this drop-down target mech needs to be more accurate and drill the initial holes of this mech into the playfield perfectly. They are not doing this correctly or the template they are using is off by 1.5 mm which is enough of an error to cause the problem. The fix I posted is simply correcting the issue by making the mech holes bigger to give you the mobility to tighten the mech at the correct placement. Others on Pinside had suggested patching the existing holes and creating new ones in the playfield. This is also a viable option but it seems much more risky and complicated.

Someone has suggested using a rat file as well instead of a Dremel tool to elongate the holes and I do recommend this as my post indicated. It was a bit scary sometimes when my Dremmel drill bit could catch and dance around in my hand.

Good luck, with this fix I didn't have to add washers or springs to make it work. I bought tougher sprints but haven't installed them as honestly the targets now work 100% of the time where previously I was getting a 95% failure on hard direct hits. Only softer hits would make them drop. Hope this info helps someone.

P.S. I did relay my fix to Stern support and they did mention that they would relay this back to their builders and engineers. I'm hoping future builds won't have this problem.

1 week later
#13908 1 year ago

Thanks everyone for the suggestion of using a Colossus 3d Model on my Deadpool Pin. I saw pictures of it here with a pinball attached to it's arm. I unfortunately thought it looked a bit too big for my tastes so I managed to call Marco Specialties and ordered a 3/4th inch ball size which in my opinion now looks perfect.

I'll post pics when it's in the machine as the ball is currently drying on Colossus's hand at this time.

Notice the size difference between a normal Pinball size ball and his hand. It's also not to heavy so I'll be able to strike a pose, crazy glue it in place and it looks awesome and totally at the same scale as the Colossus picture on the playfield.

large (resized).jpglarge (resized).jpg

Link below of what ball size I ordered for anyone wanting to do the same thing.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PB34

#13921 1 year ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Put in a ticket a few days back but nothing yet. So no one has experienced the mirror ball failing?

You should be able to screw it back on. I have two for sale if your interested in buying it from me. I'll sell it super super cheap. I rather it go to a good home. Stern sent me an extra, when I only needed 1 of them. And the one I had was fine but not perfect. It was slightly off center which now I realize is within the margin of error in this pin. Let me know if anyone wants it. Even if it's just for parts to put more mirrors on yours.

#13922 1 year ago

BTW if the top of the disco fell, that's just a crew on y less it broke. If the whole ball and rod dropped then the 2 Allen screws at bottom of the playfield need to be retightened. Easy fix either way.

#13930 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Upgraded disco ball + lighting in the works
Also something killer for the scoop which could enhance the above even more, will hopefully post something soon as I am way behind due to the kids being on school holidays for the past 6 weeks.

Put me on that list too.. Thanks.

#13931 1 year ago

I finally put my Colossus character in. I really love the way this turned out. The pose, the ball being the right size. Totally better than the plastic insert I had.

And here is a closeup for anyone wondering.

#13932 1 year ago

I got a Deadpool on the hammock on the way, and now I just need to find a similar sized Domino Character.. I see above they put a big one on the playfield, Do they not make smaller sizes similar to the rest of the characters on this playfield?

1 week later
#14015 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I assume you glued his articulating arms and legs in that in that position to hold the weight of the ball up and stay stiff?

Yes, I glued the ball to the hand, I then used Loctite Super Glue on the elbow and arm a bit to hold the ball in this position. And because of the weight of the ball and the bowing motion of this character I also Loctite Glued the back of Colossus so that he would stay in an upright position. I did not glue the hand with the fist, that can still be rotated and moved into whatever position I wish. I just really liked this pose as it looked the most natural and with the character already in a fist position it made sense to show it up in the air.

1 week later
#14039 1 year ago
Quoted from Radius118:

I am sure this has been asked before, but I did not find it in this massive thread. Apologies in advance if it's been covered.
Just picked up a NIB DP Premium and I am loving the game. I'm about 10 games into it and have no idea what I am doing yet, but I did manage a 600M score. I know, not that great I guess but still pretty happy with it. I still need to level it properly - it tilts too much to the right and I'm getting a lot of drains on the right outlane due to that. Have also gotten quite a few STDM balls when lil' DP releases a ball. I will reserve judgement on that though until I get the game properly leveled.
Edit: I see there is a ball save adjustment to deal with this issue.
I have a question though. Is there supposed to be a post rubber here?
Edit: I forgot to check the topic index. I guess it's not supposed to be there by design. BUT, has anyone installed them anyway? Did it make the game too easy or have any other negative affects? I dislike it when they don't put a rubber here as it takes bounce out of the game and wears the heck out of the post over time.
Thanks.
[quoted image]

I played without the rubbers off these posts and with them on, and I enjoyed it more with them on, so I choose to leave them on. They did come with my PIN in the bag so it's all preference and optional. It really comes down to the speed of play and difficulty, with them off the balls go down the lane fast, and if it's a slow bounce there's almost no way to save it from the outlane by bumping. I'm not the best player, I'm average and I just didn't like metal-on-metal contact, also I wanted to learn how to bump better. So I left mine on, but feel free to play both ways and decide for yourself.

#14050 1 year ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Has anyone added the yellow speaker surrounds from speakerlightkits.com to their LE or a pro/prem converted to 5.25" speakers?
Really curious what this would look like.
Thanks.

I have upgraded my speakers to 5.25 and also added Myth Pinball Lights to them. Here is a video on the link of an install video I'm putting together, and a screenshot for a quick view of the Myth Pinball Light Kit. Enjoy.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ez7DquZPYL1x4bAP9

#14051 1 year ago

Ladies and Gents, quick question. This coil test, when you perform it on your machine what does it do?

I'm asking because on my machine to doesn't do anything; and I'm trying to figure out what's broken. There is another option further in this menu where the ramp on the right (I have a premium) does got up and down. So I'm just puzzled by the difference in this #13 setting if anyone can assist, I would be in your debt. Thanks.

#14052 1 year ago

Something is definitely not working correctly, I can't seem to get the Wolverine Team up. I hit the spinner and it will show the chopping turkey animation and the points go up. So the spinner is registering but even 4 or 5 hits to it doesn't bring up the Wolverine bar for a team up. I also noticed that when I shoot the left Dazzler outerloop shot my ramp isn't going down. It's just going to the shooter lane. Maybe an opto is not working, any suggestions? I tried looking for an opto to switch but can't seem to find it. Also when playing and fighting megalodon, both the wolvernine and Darla shots where not counting as hits.

Thanks in advance for the help.

#14055 1 year ago
Quoted from Nikko:

Looks great! How did you mount him to the playfield? Looks like a bracket? Did you make it or buy it? Thanks

I bought it with the bracket from Modfather Pinball. The only thing I changed is the bracket was a strange green color. I painted it black, I did give Modfather some feedback that this should come in black as default and he may do that for your if you request it. Otherwise just get a small brush and figurine paint and do it yourself. I obviously added the ball myself, which he may also do if you don't know how. It's a 3/4th size ball that I got from Marco Pinball although I'm sure it's sold elsewhere. Good luck.

#14056 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Deadpool got a small code update today too (1.08) that adds new animations to the final battle. nice Stern!
PRO/PREMIUM/LE V1.08.0 - September 12, 2022
===============================
New:
- Added new animations to the end sequence of "MR. SINISTER: THE FINAL BATTLE".
System V3.22.0
- Updated to SPIKE OS: V2.7.0
- Corrected potential game reset issue.
- When entering a WiFi password, the previous characters will be displayed as an asterisk.
The WiFi password will be displayed as all asterisk when entering the setup screens or
scanning the WiFi setup QR code.
- Added Service Menu Tech Alert when weak signal strength is detected. The signal strength
and SSID will be displayed. An average signal strength < 40 is considered weak. A weak
WiFi signal may contribute to a slower or inconsistent connection which may effect the abilty
to login or download software updates. Signal strength can be improved by the use of an
inexpensive WiFi extender. A wired Ethernet connection can also be used in cases where WiFi
signals are problematic.
- Added Standard Adjustment "ENABLE HOME TEAM IN COINPLAY", default value of NO.
Setting this to YES will allow Insider Home Team to be available for machines not
set to Free Play. Normally "USE INSIDER HOME TEAM" is only available in Free Play
mode. Many home players, who choose to use their game in Coin Play, have requested
the ability to enjoy Home Team! Setting this this adjustment to YES will default the Home
Team Guest Retention to Never. If you wish a different setting you will have update that
adjustment after enabling Home Team in CoinPlay. Home Team is not available for machines
registered to a Pro account operating in a commercial environment.
- Added Standard Adjustment "REMOVE FRACTIONAL CREDITS". Values are:
"NEVER" and "AFTER X MINUTES IDLE", where X is between 30 and 240.
The default value is "NEVER". If the game is idle (no coin or flipper
switch activity in attract mode) for X minutes, any fractional credits will
be removed. Whole credits will NOT be removed.
- Added Standard Audit "FRACTIONAL CREDITS REMOVED", which will track the number of
fractional credits that have been removed when the game was idle.
- Changed the default value for Insider Connected Software Update to "Install updates automatically".

I wrote to Gomez as others commented I should do and he mentioned that this end animation was missing. I am so glad to see him respond with action and finally put the Cherry on top of his masterpiece. Thank you George Gomez for listening to your fans, he never forgot about this PIN many years after release.

#14062 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

So clearly your spinners are working but there is also a rollover switch between those 2 spinners. Switch #40 in the manual. I believe it takes a combo of the spinner plus that switch to qualify a Wolverine or Dazzler shot.
Try a switch test and then check that connection.

Thank you, let me look for this switch in the manual. Much appreciated helpful Pinsider "Smack"

#14068 1 year ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:

Jedi_Gill Where did you find a Deadpool on a hammock?

I bought it on Modfather Pinball. However, he did print it in a pinkish/purplish color and I honestly didn't like it. I thought a brighter purple made more sense and so mine is painted. Here is what it looked like after I finished painting it.

#14069 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

No problem. It's this switch right here fyi. Should be pretty easy to identify on the underside as well given it's so close to the edge.
[quoted image]

Thank you Smack. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit how much time I took looking for this switch. The issues was that I was somehow certain it was an opto and my eyes where focused on looking for the holes on the ramps, lanes, etc. I laughed when I saw your pic and it was clear as day on my playfield where the issue lied.

You where correct, Switch #40 was the issue, it turns out on my PIN the switch was pressed down already and was not properly releasing going up. So it was just permanently activated but counting shots as not landing.

This 1 switch was affecting 3 different shots. The dazzler shot, the wolverine shot and also the Right side Ramp on the Prem/LE models. As soon as I discovered the issue with the switch test, I simply bent the wire a bit and now it's fine. (I'm guessing they soldered the wire too close up to the switch, it was hitting the wood not allowing it to go fully up/disconnected. Instead of pulling it more out I bent it longer with a leader tool and it was golden.

Thanks again for your help.

#14083 1 year ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Ok I have a question about the plastic over the left ramp.
I suspect this might have been answered before but I am not seeing it.
What is this plastic and why is it "upgraded?"
https://www.pinballlife.com/deadpool-plastic-upgrade-kit.html
It looks like this plastic is on the Pro models but not the Premium or LE?
What is the reason for that?
Can it be installed on the Prem or LE games without any ill effects?
Thanks.

Yes, it actually comes with the Premium and LE models; but you have to put it on yourself. See my pics here.

#14084 1 year ago

Hello Everyone, I made a full install guide for the Advanced Speaker Light Kit from MythMaker "Myth Pinball" I cover Godzilla and Deadpool in this guide.

It is an excellent product, and I wanted to help the community by showing how easy it is to install this kit.

I do like to go into detail giving advice on what exactly to do, the guides they sent their customers are really good, but I just feel a video guide is perfect for those newbies PIN players like myself.

Enjoy the video, feedback is always appreciated.

#14088 1 year ago
Quoted from Radius118:

Ah ha! Thanks for the post and pictures. Is the DP in a hammock from the Modfather?
Still wondering why PBL calls this an "upgraded" plastic then.

Yes, this is the hammock from Modfather, but I must warn you in that I had to paint the Hammock purple myself. It originally came in a pinkish/purplish color. It looked too pink for me and didn't go with anything on the playfield. I painted it myself before putting it on the playfield to match the plastic art of the original design.

I should have taken a picture of it before I painted but at least you can see how purple it now looks.

I think they call it upgraded, because as mentioned it didn't come with the clear plastic before. I will say on my May 2022 run of DP it did come with this piece already upgraded, so I never had to buy it. When I put in this hammock I noticed the 2 plastics came off with it.

#14102 1 year ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

I have 2 rubbers on the plastic there, but there are two in the goodie bag as well. At least on recent IC build.

Agreed, same for me. Actually I had no idea the 2 rubbers on top of this was for the outlane posts. I thought it was for either visual style or to keep the balls from flying up there on wild shots.

#14113 1 year ago
Quoted from Titokombo:

Does anyone know if there are Deadpool ramp decals? If not, then does anyone have a good idea on how to make and submit ramp decals with user supplied images?
Also, has anyone else been having an unusual amount of balls getting magnetized by this game? I have a pro in a garage, but with lots of dehumidifying measures in place and I seem to go through balls fairly quickly due to this issue.

There are not ramp decals that I'm aware of for this PIN, but I think simply because there isn't much interest for this. The Katana Ramp in silver makes a very nice aesthetic and illusion that the ramps are part of the Katana Swords so it being shinny metallic looking words perfectly as a ramp. The Table art already has a lot going on, and very red and most of us want more light to brighten it up. Covering up the ramps might make it even darker, and make the entire playfield look like spaghetti. I think the metallic ramps break up the playfield evenly and look cool on it's own.

In regards to magnetized balls, I think you have other issues going on. As others stated this game doesn't have magnets so your balls might be getting magnetized by other means. Possibly static electricity issues because of the humidity, not sure? maybe it's not magnetism and something else interrupting the flow of your balls.

#14121 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thank you, hopefully what I’m working on is well received and liked by Deadpool owners, the aim is to substantially enhance the disco ball light show and give another area of the game a visual upgrade in the process. Will hopefully be happy enough to reveal soon.

I am happily onboard of improving the disco light ball. I agree adding more color and brighter Lights (or more focused light) on the disco ball is key.. can't wait to see what you come up with. I'll be watching.

3 weeks later
#14200 1 year ago
Quoted from Boat:

I posted this earlier, about the return lane guides not being flush with the flipper rubber,
I replaced with silicon after. I ended up un screwing the lane guides and pushing them closer to the front of the play field. That helped but the screws don’t sit fully in their T nut holes. I have seen this before on my trek Le. All the other spike 2 pros have metal return guides.
Anyone else seeing this ?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Given the pitch and angle of the machine, you wouldn't want it to be flush. With the curve on the flipper the ball would bounce.. You want it to slightly drop onto the flipper to ensure it doesn't bounce on the curve. I don't have an issue with the way mine plays and it's identical to yours.

#14231 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just purchased these two figures from Pinball Life and they elude to being the exact same figures that are in the Premium/LE. Any idea on how to mount them in a pro?
[quoted image]

I don't quite understand your question? Are you asking for how it's mounted on a Premium? They can be placed in the same place. They look identical from what I can see. The Premium simply uses Zip ties to hold them in place. I have some pics if you wish to see.

1 week later
#14268 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

How do I fix my little Deadpool drop targets? They are not dropping with a direct hit. Especially the center one. I lifted the Playfield and they easily drop when I touch them. I'm at a loss.

I posted this fix a few weeks ago.. Enjoy it's Stickied on this forum as well incase you lose this link.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/274#post-7051018

#14269 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just purchased these two figures from Pinball Life and they elude to being the exact same figures that are in the Premium/LE. Any idea on how to mount them in a pro?
[quoted image]

Sorry for the late reply but here are pics of how they are mounted as requested as promised.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#14270 1 year ago

I saw someone post this mod and decided to do it myself. I really do love the way it turned out and wanted to share.

Before:

After:

Here they are on the machine.

Full Playfield view

For anyone wanting to do this, I do have a pro-tip. I ordered the bullets from here.
https://fakebullets.com/shop/pistol-calibers/50-ae/

This is the configuration I ordered them in:

It's important to note that this order of bullets comes in a SET of 5. However for this Mod you will need 6. I called the company and let them know that I don't want 2 orders of 5 bullets, I simply want 6 bullets. The person on the phone let me know that it would be easier if I simply added the "Add the Rattle" option for $2.95 and this would easily cover the cost of the 6th bullet. However he did let me know I had to enter that in the comments of my order.

I did just that and sure enough all 6 bullets arrived.

A few more points of interest for anything thinking about doing this:

1. I do want to let you know that I polished these bullets with a brass polish, they where ok when they arrived but not in this shiny quality finish.

2. Removing the 3D printed bullets was easy, I stuck a small flat screw driver under each bullet and turned it clockwise. This pretty much created a wedge with leverage and popped the bullets right off. I did have the base on a flat surface and pressed down on it 2-3 turns on front and back of the bullet will easily pop them off.

3. I used E6000 adhesive and let it dry overnight for these to stick without any issue. It's a little messy so use it sparingly and carefully; you don't need much to make it stick.

#14281 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Even if it was a real primer, no way a pinball strike would set it off.
BTW… is DP prem still on the line?

These are real primers on these bullets, but they've been fired already and the gun powder has obviously been removed. All about making it look authentic while keeping it safe for the kids.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ormond Beach, FL
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jedi_gill.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=jedi_gill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.