(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,296 posts
  • 1,093 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by truemagoo102
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaxpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9262 2 years ago

DP Membership arrived in the mail today!

IMG_2802 (resized).JPGIMG_2802 (resized).JPG
#9334 2 years ago

New DP Prem owner, April 26, 2021 build, set at 6.75 degrees, first impressions after a few games yesterday:

1. Has a one more game draw and approachable; I can see this staying for a good while. Call outs and music are a notch above most recent Sterns that give this table a value-add feature

2. Has interesting balance of flow and clunk while learning the shots and where the drain traps are hiding.

3. DP Prem creates a good amount of horizontal ball energy with drop targets on both sides and proximity to those rocket launcher slings. First game, I thought I was on a wild horse - couldn't control her.

4. Out lanes seem more brutal than Met when I first got my Met Prem. Probably because of the side-to-side ball energy of DP Prem not present in Met.

5. DP is definitely a title that warrants some dialing in out of the box because of it's unique shot layout.

6. Bottom half of playfield is surprisingly underlit for a modern stern. Definitely, not a play in the dark table without mod.

7. Both orbits, and Katana are very satisfying shots.

8. My flippers are installed with a slight downward bias toward the player compared with other new sterns I got last year; affecting my muscle memory and shot trajectory which is adding another variable to my play experience.

9. The Snnnkkt shot at first glance appears to be designed to be a random and infrequent outcome to perhaps create a bit of serendipity during play. If there are Skkknnt shot masters out there, I'd love to see a tutorial video on how to properly setup the target alignment and shoot this shot for maximum results. I would venture to guess a 1 and 5 chance is a high success ratio for the Snnnkkt - like to know what the Skkknnt masters are actually batting on this shot for a reality check.

10. My final thoughts are that DP Prem is fun, approachable to many from a theme and sound package standpoint, but a bit brutal out of the box before shot geometry awareness develops. It's not AIQ but I wanted DP for that reason. I wouldn't necessarily suggest DP as a first pin for someone with no pin-play experience because this table needs to be setup just right and can be a bit brutal for a casual player. For example, my wife whom "tolerates" the pins in the house will jump on each new title that arrives out of curiosity, where AC/DC got the most play, then AFMR, then JP 2 (probably for theme). DP Prem, one short game, and she's lost interest. Ball time on DP was not kind to her and thus no reward for her to play better with another game. I see the same body language with friends that come over and don't normally play pins. Predictable flow to the flippers typically keeps a casual players interest better but not necessarily someone with a 5+ collection or player with years of experience looking for something that the brain will tell them, "hey, that looks different!".

11. Suggestion: DP with a "bad boy" setting

#9335 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

My april '21 premium snit target looks off center like that too. Not sure if it arrived that way or not honestly, we're a couple hundred plays in.

I have an April 26, 2021 build and Snnnkkt target looks to be both angled toward the player too much and is overlapping the ball guide, almost touching it. Doesn't look optimal and will require adjustment.

If someone could throw me a bone to the link with the perfect setup, that would be a huge time saver.

#9336 2 years ago
Quoted from JAXPinball:

6. Bottom half of playfield is surprisingly underlit for a modern stern. Definitely, not a play in the dark table without mod.

Update: After just writing down my first impressions, I though it odd lower playfield was so dark so I checked diagnostics and sure enough, Node 8 has an overcurrent protection status. CN15 lower GI is a no go.... what a knucklehead.

This is my second new Stern in 4 months to have node board issues right out of the box.

#9343 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

There's a link in the topic index at the top of every page in the thread with pictures and Gomez's comments about correct alignment.

Thank you! I remember reading your post #4571 a few months back and will order the anti-sway. With that said, it would be nice to see a Snnnkkt master video their approach to maximizing that shot.

Same with that Team-Up return loop. I hit it and just rattles back out every time. Extremely tight shot.

#9344 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

This is likely either a) a faulty bulb (I have a theory that the red bulbs are more prone to this) or b) something has fallen into one of the lamp sockets and is causing a short. I had the exact same issue and swapping out the GI bulbs with Comet's upgrade kit was the solution.

Thank you! Yes, I recall reading Phantasize's issue Post #8341 about six months ago which was a socket issue under the flipper support from dropped solder. Solved with the help of PinMunk's clues from post #8307.

1 week later
#9420 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

This is likely either a) a faulty bulb (I have a theory that the red bulbs are more prone to this) or b) something has fallen into one of the lamp sockets and is causing a short. I had the exact same issue and swapping out the GI bulbs with Comet's upgrade kit was the solution.

Solution: The lower GI issue turned out to be a strand of untrimmed solder shorting out the lamp socket.

IMG_2822 (resized).JPGIMG_2822 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.95
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jaxpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=jaxpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.