(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawkfanz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3921 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How do you like the "Boom" shooter plate from Tilted? Haven't seen a lot of pictures with it on a machine and was wondering about how the colors and everything matched with the cabinet.

#3950 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Might just be me (and/or my colorblindness) but I like the look of the standard yellow Stern cards on my Deadpool. coindropper made some really neat ones but thought I'd try my hand instead of making more requests with his free time.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you! I love how the lines follow the angles of the machine. The simplicity of this is awesome since there is already so much amazing art on this one. What program are you using to do this?

#3958 4 years ago

Just got the premium yesterday and loving my first pin! My only issue is the boom button isn’t registering. I’ve confirmed this through diagnostics. Is there something I should look at mainly for connecting? It’s not supposed to touch the led for the button when pressed is it? (Mine doesn’t).

#3964 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check the switch stack for the button in the center under the lockdown bar. Likely the switch leaves are too close together (always making contact) or too far apart (never making contact). Adjust. Then with the lockdown bar still off, go into switch test mode and make sure it's working, THEN replace the glass and the lockdown bar and do a final test.

You’re awesome! Could bend the switch leaf (was always making contact) without even taking the glass off and fixed in a minute. You saved me a ton of time. Working now thanks!

#3985 4 years ago

Made a few comic book style cards and 1 movie card for fun. Thought I'd post here if anyone wanted to use also.

DeadpoolPinball (resized).pngDeadpoolPinball (resized).pngDeadpoolPinball2 (resized).pngDeadpoolPinball2 (resized).pngDeadpoolPinball3 (resized).pngDeadpoolPinball3 (resized).pngDeadpoolPinball4 (resized).pngDeadpoolPinball4 (resized).pngDeadpoolPinball5 (resized).pngDeadpoolPinball5 (resized).pngDeadpoolPinball6 (resized).pngDeadpoolPinball6 (resized).png
#3992 4 years ago

What are you toughest shots? Top 3?

1. Dazzler shot
2. Snikt shot
3. Katana on the right orbit

I can’t make the Dazzler shot what am I doing wrong?!

1 week later
#4051 4 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Just make sure you put washers under the katana shot guide so you don't get a huge gouge in your playfield like I did .
Post 3865 on Page 78

This is probably a really stupid/nit picky question but is there a preference of nylon or neoprene washers for this fix?

#4065 4 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

My modified attempt. I kept the first tie around the toes. Was at Starbucks and noticed a women wearing a shoe with the straps tied around her legs several times. I decided to add a second tie that criss-crosses around the back of the leg and then loops around the front.
Looking at the other foot, now he has two matching ties.
[quoted image]

Looks like you have a few mods there. I see at least 3. Looking good!

#4077 4 years ago

I had the brilliant idea of doing the washer fix without a nut driver. All the sudden adding a few washers was making me take way too much of the table apart to be able to fit my wrench in. Lesson learned that I need the right tools for job! I eventually gave up and hopefully put everything back the way it was but will be back asap. Putting that sensor of this area back together was much tougher without disassembling the pop bumpers!

#4090 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Just joined the club. I ordered a DP premium today. Very excited. It will have Stern's Topper, Kitana side armor, and shooter knob. Can anyone suggest any other 'must have mods' and what "preventative measures should I implement once I get it? Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

You’re going to love it congrats! Not really a mod but I added a 3.75” Colossus figurine off eBay that I love. Put it where he goes on the Pro and fits perfectly. No shaker?!

#4116 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Art blades or mirror blades on DP Pre?

I went with Stern art blades and love them. Some say they're too red but the premium is almost entirely blue on the outside so I don't think it's a big deal. There are so many mechanical and metal pieces on the sides where you'd be see the reflection I didn't like the thought of mirror blades for this one.

#4119 4 years ago
Quoted from fissionch1ps:

Got some pictures? I’m still deciding on blades on mine.

Not the best pictures but here are a few with it turned on and off. Don't judge the score! Pictures from the night I got it. Most of my pictures seem to be so I can remember how to put it back together while doing the washer fix.

Attachment-1 (1) (resized).jpegAttachment-1 (1) (resized).jpegAttachment-1 (2) (resized).jpegAttachment-1 (2) (resized).jpegAttachment-1 (3) (resized).jpegAttachment-1 (3) (resized).jpegAttachment-1 (resized).jpegAttachment-1 (resized).jpeg
#4123 4 years ago
Quoted from fissionch1ps:

Any thoughts on the shaker?

If I only did one upgrade it would be for the shaker. Best bang for your buck and well implemented in Deadpool. Not over or under used. Just right.

#4144 4 years ago

I'm not sure I've seen any reports of pooling on Deadpool. I'm guessing these playfields were printed and coated a long time ago even if they were assembled recently. Only issue I've seen in this group is the scraping at the Katana guide which can be fixed with the washers.

#4187 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Part of the issue making the right orbit is this bracket sticks out quite a bit on my machine. Anyone else's like this?
Looks like the bracket spans the entire width of the game if I want to remove it and bend it towards the side some... looks like it will still be thick and the ball will hit it. May have to come up with something to "smooth" it over a bit to reduce ball rejections.[quoted image]

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but yes you probably need to figure out how to bend that back against the side. Mine is perfectly flush and I’ve never had one issue in that area.

2 weeks later
#4256 4 years ago

Has anyone ever had issues with their metal lock bar being so tight that it drags down the art decal a little when putting it back on? Do you recommend I try to bend the lockbar a little or will this make the black paint chip on the lockbar?

#4259 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Did this on mine a bit. Just have to be careful putting it on. It’s doing it on the left side.

Yep mine is on the left too! Have to put the lockbar in while pushing to the right to avoid damage to the decal. Might put a bit of vinyl tape right there so it slides over without damaging more.

#4287 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I beat Sabretooth a couple times, but nobody else. How do you guys rank them in terms of ease of beating?

From easiest to hardest Sabretooth, Juggernaut, and then Mystique. I play them in that order unless I have a close Lil' Deadpool multiball in which case I'd go with Juggernaut. The multiball is a huge help on Juggernaut since the low side pop bumper shots are dangerous for drains. With mystique, you really have to be shooting accurately. I've beaten all of them a few times and always a little disappointed there isn't more celebration after beating the third guy.

3 weeks later
#4407 4 years ago

I love hearing some of the rare call outs in this game. Today I heard Dazzler say “I’m in the bathroom”. Never heard it before and random but it made me laugh!

#4424 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Just joined the club with a pro. Diggin it so far.
Can someone tell me if the sling plastic sticking out beneath the katana ramp drop hole is normal? The ball still drops, but hits the plastic first. It appears to be factory but I can’t see why.[quoted image]

No there shouldn’t be any plastic hanging out like that! I’m curious what that even came from.

#4468 4 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

50 games in. Very fun! 853 mil is my highest so far. Got my mods installed.[quoted image]

Thought about adding the speaker lights but worried about the light reflecting on the glass making it harder to see. Have you noticed that at all? Looks awesome and I don’t want to admit how many games it took me to get to that score!

#4478 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Well, I'm a little behind the power curve but finally got into the Deadpool LE in the company office updated from .86 to 1.02. There are worlds of difference between launch code and the latest version. Just blew away the old grand champion on the first game. There is so much to unpack there... Just saw mech-suit multiball, Wolverine berserker, mode stacking, and an extra ball for the first time. Big difference, awesome game. Going to have to sneak over here in the morning a few more times to try it out.

So what was even ON the old code?! What do you mean by mode stacking? Not sure how to do that in Deadpool.

Side note...watching my 9 year old son get all the way to Mech Suit Multi ball yesterday was a very proud moment. He just needed one well timed snikt shot to get on that leaderboard! 281 mil for him.

#4480 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

If memory serves me right... the 3 villains, 2 monsters, 1 team up mode (the disco loop one), katanarama, chimmi-changa... and maybe Katana multiball?
Yeah... code definitely makes a game. I only got to put one on it today, but it everything from the light show, to the "finishing moves" and callouts seemed new/better/different. The game was okay as it was... but looks to be fantastic now. I'll have to show up early and give it another try soon.

I sure wish my office had a pinball machine! Might be a little loud for a small office with only 12 people.

#4490 4 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Collecting the B-O-O-M lights at the in/outlanes lights the Boom button yellow. Hitting the Boom button during a mode when the button is yellow completes one of the shots for you automatically. If you don't use the BOOM button when it's yellow, but collect several more in/outlanes until it turns red, pressing it when it's red during a mode will collect all the shots lit in that mode.

Any idea what it collects when not in a mode? Highest point on field?

#4502 4 years ago

Those loops can get the ball moving insanely fast after a few in a row! It’s an amazingly fun shot but wow it gets you on your toes.

#4525 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

On the premium, when do left orbit shots land in the pops and when do they go to the right inlane ? Obviously the right inlane is fed during disco loops and the pops are fed during Sabretooth battle. What about during the other play situations? I have only played a pro so far.

Only time a left orbit on the premium/LE lands in the pop bumpers is if the katana diverter on right side misses the ball (takes too long to get there/slow ball). In this case the diverter goes back and the auto launch of the shooter gets it to the pop bumpers.

#4527 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

That isn't correct. There are several times in the game where the right gate drops to send left orbit shots into the pops....Berzerker Rage for one. Sabretooth battle as the original question writer noted. There are others as well.

Sorry for bad info! Never noticed that. Guess my example is just what happens when not in modes/battles.

1 week later
#4672 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I change the shooter rods on all my games to match the theme. Sometimes I buy the Stern rod and other times I like someone else's better. For those of you who have changed the shooter rod, any suggestions on which shooter rod to get for the game?

I got this shooter rod from Expo for $40 from Tilt Graphics. Definitely would recommend it!

3DAEC5FC-440D-482D-AD31-F46DAA759BAA (resized).jpeg3DAEC5FC-440D-482D-AD31-F46DAA759BAA (resized).jpeg
#4686 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

What are you guys using to clean your playfields?
I have minor ball trails for example that would come off if I applied enough pressure with a dry cloth, but im thinking a nice light spray of something would require less pressure, in effort to prevent possible scuffs and blemishes, while picking up the surrounding dust particles and stuff. Light duty.

VM&P NAPTHA has worked great for me. Get's all of the rubber particles off very easily. https://amzn.to/2XA5fd1

I've never waxed though. Should I?

#4688 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Waxing is a very good idea. Helps to protect the playfield. A good quality carnuba car wax without any additional stuff in it is good. I do mine about every 500 games. Really speeds things up for a bit too when it's squeaky clean and freshly waxed. It will protect the clear coat and makes cleanup easier. I use One Grand Blitz Carnuba Wax.

Thanks for the tip. Will try this asap! My only question now is how do you reach the back left section of the playfield for typical cleaning/waxing? It's pretty tight in that area. Everywhere else is pretty easy to get to.

3 weeks later
#4872 4 years ago

I had issues with my dazzler spinner getting stuck crooked and it's never really felt right. I finally spent the time to look at it and all I did was bend the top metal bracket holding the spinner further down and WOW! It finally really spins and always stops straight upright. I can get dazzler disco mode going easily now and before this I only saw disco multiball once out of 1000 games. Feels like a new game now that it is playing perfect.

2 weeks later
#5057 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Mine will drain SDTM about 50% of the time when released from Li'l Deadpool, which is Ok as most modes have a short ball save to start them, but I have found several instances when the ball releases and no ball save is on and it goes SDTM... usually after the first complete cycle through Li'l Deadpool multiball.
It is also a risk to shoot in there with it open, as those will sometimes go SDTM as well.

I'd say mine also usually goes SDTM after Lil Deadpool releases the ball. I checked and the machine is perfectly aligned left to right. Any other ideas for fixes for this? Almost all modes have a ball save for this but there are a few instances where there is no ball save and it feels like a cheap lost ball.

#5060 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah - it gets me pretty much every time I can get to the second ball capture of Li'l Deadpool Multiball... when it releases the ball it's STDM and no ball save. UGH!!!

Yep same. Literally punishes you for playing well!

#5063 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Whenever I've had issues on how a ball returns from a guide, I've cut a small piece of this. Place it on the ball guide in question for the ball to hit on its way out. Fixes the issue and is easy to remove if needed. Great for orbits as well.
https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Basic-Crafts/Craft-Foam/Black-Self-Adhesive-Foam-Sheet---9%22-x-12%22/p/28642

Thanks! I'll try this fix this week!

#5076 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Same, mine drops the ball directly to the right flipper every single time

Quoted from sohchx:

Same, mine drops the ball directly to the right flipper every single time

Thanks for the input! Any idea what your pitch is? I've got mine at 6.8-6.9. It's perfect for the Katana shot and the Snikt so I'm nervous to change it but I'll change it tonight and get back to you.

#5079 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

I've never had a SDTM from Lil Deadpool either, however, mine sends it to the left flipper. Playfield pitch is 6.8-6.9 depending on where I measure.

Pretty interesting some have it go to the right flipper and others to the left! There has to be something to this. Maybe the metal part where the ball is trapped for Lil Deadpool can be adjusted to change this?

#5156 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

The best combo I can get on the pro is left ramp > wolverine > right orbit > katana lock for ninjapocalypse.
So rewarding when it’s smooth.

The Ninjapocalypse is by far one of my favorite callouts!

#5175 4 years ago

I just fixed the Lil Deadpool issue I had where it was releasing SDTM! I did make sure the drops were perfectly even with the playfield but I think the main issue was being off level by a very small amount. Raised the right legs. Now it drops on the right side of the left flipper. Feels so much more fair now that I’m not getting cheap lost balls.

1 week later
#5288 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

After two weeks, I installed ninja balls on the recommendations of this group, and when I had the glass out, decided to check the pitch.
I found that it had changed from 7 degrees to 6.4. The machine is on carpet, so I figured it must have settled in. I use a quality digital level, not a phone app. I thought the game play had changed a bit, so changed it to 7.1 degrees and had one of my better games. If it settles in, it probably won't be by much.
I do occasionally get some wild air balls off the slings. Have not made any changes to those settings. Should I?
Thanks!

I turned my slings down. I didn't like the air balls and really didn't see the point of having them set so high. Still get plenty of action/drains from the slings which is good and no more crazy air balls! Kickout seems set way too high by default. No idea why that's the default.

#5292 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

What value did you bring your slings down to?

I’ve got my slingshot power set at 18. Trough eject at 185. Ball launch set higher to 225. All of these were changed to fix individual issues.

#5364 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Whats everyone replacing their balls with? Ninjas? 5Pack from Marco? Other?

Silverjets from Marco. Interested to see if people prefer others. They've held up great so far after 1000+ games. Might replace soon even though I don't see major wear or fading on them.

#5376 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I thought about doing that but was kind of scared!

Hmm...username does NOT check out

2 weeks later
#5503 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

My Colossus figurine now has a small pinball in his hand.
What do you guys think?
[quoted image][quoted image]
Never mind those damn dimples you can see on these pics... F’n Stern with their cheap ass play fields.

Probably a dumb question but...did you drill holes through the plastics to attach Colossus. I've been using quake putty and just don't like how it's always a risk of falling over. I was worried if I drilled holes it splinter the plastic.

#5504 4 years ago

Does anyone here know where I might be able to find a 3.75 inch tall figure of Domino the character from DP? I’ve looked around but can’t seem to find one.
I have one set up in my machine right now but she’s 5 inches tall so she doesn’t size up with the other figures I have on the play field.[quoted image]

Watch ebay. I've seen a few made custom that's the right size for $20-$30.
ebay (resized).JPGebay (resized).JPG

#5507 4 years ago

I might have yes. If I remember correctly I was able to use the openings that are there for the plastic Colossus but I think I might have drilled one or two small holes to get the 4 small zip ties I wanted to use to secure my new colossus action figure.
If you want I can’t post a pictures later when I’m home from work. LMK
*** just wanted to add, he is very secure! I’ve had the ball hit him a few times and he’s never fallen off.

If no big deal that'd be a huge help! I'd love to have him secure for the long haul. Thanks!

#5511 4 years ago

Here you go...
Just an FYI, I did remove that plastic to do the work away from the play field then reinstalled it with Colossus attached.
Hope this helps!

Thanks for taking the time for the pictures! Now to decide if I’m brave enough to drill the plastics.

1 week later
#5558 4 years ago

I’d be interested in just the plastic where Colossus goes so I can drill into that instead of the original plastic if anyone can make one.

1 month later
#5794 4 years ago

Every now and then the connections of the lights loosen up. Especially obvious on the top right BAM! lights. I always just push in every connection to fix this but is there a main connection that always causes this or a way to prevent this in the future?

1 month later
#6204 3 years ago
Quoted from BirdForce1:

When it happened to mine, the multiplier lights were flickering as well. Reseating everything on those node boards took care of it for me.

The node connector (ethernet looking plug) on CN11 is always my problem. Happens pretty often but just realized I can reseat without lifting up the playfield. Is there a way to make this connection tighter to prevent this from coming loose? I'm guessing it just happens with the shaker motor going off but would like a long term fix.

3 weeks later
#6317 3 years ago

Been having consistent lighting issues on my machine lately. I'll see the typical flickering or missing lights (usually first noticed on the top right lanes). This will then make almost every light flicker too. I unplug all of the Ethernet looking connections (node connectors?) and reseat. Works great for a few games but I can't seem to play about 4 games without seeing the issue again. What should I look for? I can't find any loose connections and there has to be one connection causing the whole playfield to flicker like crazy right? Any help would be amazing!

#6322 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

With the power off, reseat all the pin connectors with node boards associated with the flickering inserts. Common problem.

Thanks! Went through and reseated every connection on the machine this morning. Is 6am too early to start testing and playing with young kids sleeping? Will report back if I survive and if it’s working better.

1 week later
#6414 3 years ago

Was really hoping to see the invisiglass in person at expo last year but didn't see it. Really feel like I have to see the difference in person to spend that kind of money. Maybe I'll just have to find a spot with an LE when things re-open to compare.

#6421 3 years ago

Thanks for the side by side pictures of the glass. Nice to have some real pictures from people not selling the glass. You’ve definitely sold me!

2 weeks later
#6545 3 years ago

Can someone explain “special when lit”? I got it today and collected the “special” but must not have been paying enough attention because I was on my second ball and then I look up expecting 3rd ball but saw ball 1. Sad part was after all the extra balls I only got 800 million! Let’s just say I have a lot to learn.

#6551 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Special can be set to Replay, Extra Ball and (maybe?) Points. Pretty sure nothing takes you from Ball 2 back to Ball 1. Special is just a random mystery award.

Thanks. If felt like this was somehow a bug that I haven't seen before. Really didn't make sense to see ball 1 again after being at ball 2.

1 month later
#6839 3 years ago

I always thought that was Colssus which always kind of bothered me. He’s always on Deadpool’s side in the pinball game but I know it’s not the case in the comics and the movies. I originally planned on getting the Pro translite for my premium machine but ended up loving the Premium translite.

Quoted from awesome1:

Colossus and Mr. Sinister do seem to look very similar on the artwork for Deadpool... but I think the Translite is Mr. Sinister. He appears to have the "diamond" on his forehead and defeating Mr. Sinister is the "ultimate goal" of the game.
Also - why would Deadpool be punching Colossus when they are supposed to be teaming up to do the battles?
At least that's how I'm interpreting it, but I could be wrong.

#6913 3 years ago

Anyone know of a reason the Katana would drop 2 balls instead of 1 to start ninja multiball? It's been dropping 2 and then the last one instead of 1 at a time. It just started doing this recently. It does look like the ball lock is a little off center but can't see anything else obvious.

#6915 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'd start with cleaning the optos with a Q-tip. Most likely an issue with one of them that's causing the game to release more than one. Also check the drop post for possible binding.

Thanks for the help! I cleaned the opto first but that didn't fix it. Lifted the playfield and shifted the katana lock to be more centered. It's not perfectly in the middle but more than it was before. I guess it took 1500 games to move that lock just far enough to cause the issue. Not too bad really.

#6929 3 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

I'd check all the connections to the node boards under the playfield to make sure nothing's loose, but for me the ultimate solution was swapping out the GI bulbs with Comet's kit:
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/deadpool-general-illumination-upgrade-kit
I'd highly recommend that kit regardless - you'll be amazed how much better the playfield looks when the GI is, you know, illuminating it. Whoever at Stern thought it was a good idea to use red bulbs in the GI needs a good smack.
My inexpert opinion is that the red GI bulbs are somehow more prone to causing this issue. When I was trying to figure out what was going on I found posts by Black Knight Sword of Rage (Pro) owners having the same symptoms, but with the upper GI (where the red bulbs are on that game).
Edit: Forgot to mention that the maintenance menu showed Node 8 overcurrent when mine was doing this, so checking for that error might tell you for sure if you're having the same issue.

Would love to see how the lights look!

#6942 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I posted on Sterns FB post about new TMNT code as I sometimes do... actually got a couple "likes" and a response from George Gomez, so I'm more confident than ever we will see another code update!!! Of course I had to "Love" his response!

I did the same to Jack knowing he loves Deadpool! I figure try everything for the last code update!

PNG image (resized).pngPNG image (resized).png
#6946 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Yesss!! Seems like Gomez just acknowledged that there will be at least one more update for Deadpool. Can't wait.
Personally i really miss the ability to abort a game by pressing the left flipper button + start. I have that on my GB, and really love it!

You can restart a game if the ball is in the shooter lane at ball 2 by holding down the start button. Resets to ball 1.

#6996 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

When opening the playfield I notice there is a bump when sliding it out/in. My jp2 has a lever in back that I can grab on to prevent the drop. Any reason why dp doesn’t include one? Is there a way to bring the playfield back without forcing into a slight drop/bump? Thanks

I push to that point and then lift from under the back of the playfield to get it just over the lip. I think the handle started being put on with JP2?

1 week later
#7042 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Having an issue where the auto plunge is firing super weak, barely moving the ball in the shooter lane.
I end up having to manually plunge to get the ball into play. Anyone know what this could be?

Record the auto plunge in slow-mo with your phone. I had a weak plunge and found it was shooting the ball a little left so that took all the power away. I bent the metal in until it plunged right down the middle and powerful!

#7072 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

this might be quite trivial to some of you better players, but after 6 months I got Disco Multiball for the first time!
That was fun!
(I'm typically pretty good at hitting the left loop
but last night it was smooth as silk and before I knew it there was purple everywhere!)
I admit though I still don't understand how these other characters work and team ups etc.

Disco mode is such a cool part of the game. The kids were never able to get to the disco modes so I turned down the difficulty on that mode so we see it more. Really never gets old!

2 weeks later
#7249 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Need some help, I moved my Deadpool to a new spot and the bubble for pitch is all the way to the top. I need to lower it so the back legs are flat. I only moved it 5 feet. Does anyone else have their levelers flat on the back? Seems to play super slow

Download the "PinGuy" app for your phone and measure! I'm at 6.9 and it plays perfectly but I know a few others like it steeper.

#7279 3 years ago

Sounds like a level issue most likely.

2 weeks later
#7350 3 years ago
Quoted from mslow:

DP was my dream theme!!! I was so eager to buy it day 1.
The day I found out it was Gonna be PG rated, I was so disappointed that I just dropped it entirely!
A year later I played one at the local bar! I ordered one the following day. Trust me the game is packed with hilarious call outs and songs! It’s my favorite game!! I would never sell it.
Buy it !!

Wow! Looking at your collection, that really says a lot if it’s your favorite game!

#7391 3 years ago

When's the best time to use "Big BOOM"? I always feel like it's somehow wasted when I use it.

#7394 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

yeha, i try to do the same, but never felt it was a big hit.

It almost feels more useful using the BOOMS 1 at a time to get those tougher shots when in a battle.

#7396 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Sure that is a good way to use an individual "yellow" boom. Once you get red, you have to use it though which is what I thought you were originally asking.

Oh that is what I was asking! I'll definitely save the big boom for Mechsuit next time. Thanks

#7415 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Modified the picture to make it more clear. Dozens and dozens of pages on how to better adjust the SnikT shot. Remove that rubber and you'll be slashing SnikT's in no time!
You have to remove the nut holding the plastic, then when you pull the rubber off be sure to hold onto the washer on that screw.[quoted image]

What's your pitch set at? Seems like you'd need this more if you have a steeper pitch. I'm at 6.9 and I can hit SNIKT while moving or with cradle. No adjustment needed other than playing with the pitch for me so guess I was lucky.

#7429 3 years ago
Quoted from pb456:

Well dang it! Now the DP shooter rods are sold out. Sad panda.

Check out the tilt graphics version. I have it and love it!

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/deadpool-shooter-rod

#7457 3 years ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

Has anyone received a Katana signed by Gomez with the game they purchased? I have one and was curious how many were made.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#7584 3 years ago
Quoted from Pozzest01:

Where did you get the Colossus action figure? That is too sweet!

Search 3.75" COLOSSUS FIGURE on ebay

#7593 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Game code!!
LE V1.05.0 - Nov. 12, 2020
==========================
New:
- Added adjustments:
- Feature adjustment #2: "LEFT FLIPPER POWER" - adjust power of left flipper
- Feature adjustment #3: "RIGHT FLIPPER POWER" - adjust power of right flipper
- Feature adjustment #151: "MAINPLAY MUSIC" - change main play music
- "SONGS FROM THE HELLHOUSE" (Default)
- "DEADPOOL PINBALL SOUNDTRACK"
- "GEORGE'S JAMZ"
- "YETI ROCK"
- "TANIO'S TUNES FOR TYPING"
- "JERRY ALL NIGHT"
- "SONGS IN THE KEY OF BLAKEMAN"
- Feature adjustment #152: "KATANA-RAMA TIME MUSIC" - change KATANA-RAMA TIME music
- "KATANA-RAMA RANDOM" (Default - play random Katana-Rama song)
- "KATANA-RAMA TIME"
- "KATANA-RAMA TIME AGAIN"
- "KATANA-RAMA POLKA"
- "EATIN' CHIMICHANGAS"
- Feature adjustment #153: "DISCO MULTIBALL MUSIC" - change DISCO MULTIBALL music
plays during DISCO MULTIBALL:
- "DISCO MULTIBALL" (Default)
- "DISCO ALL DAY"
- "DISCO ALL NIGHT"
- "DISCO ALL AFTERNOON"
- "DISCO RANDOM" (play random disco song)
Tweaked:
- High Score Enter Initials screen: added scrolling background
Rule Clarification:
- Light Mechsuit Multiball at Weapons Collected: 45, 150, 250, 350,...
Moved to System V2.63

Wow! I feel like every complaint I saw on here about the last code was fixed with this new release! Thanks Tanio and team!

#7698 3 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Seems like it's the bottom third randomly. Often it's the villain name and X multiplier inserts, but I think I just notice them more since they're front and center.
I pushed most light board and other connectors in more tightly, and also zip tied some wires away from a coil lug (still slightly touching though, just in a bad spot), and the blinking has improved, but still there. Less bright on the blinks, and now only maybe every one of every three flips instead of every flip.
Here's a quick video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ofBohjFthfU6SiUS7
Thanks Vic.

I had a light issue for awhile that kept coming back. I was always just pushing the connections in but it seemed to come back after a few games. What seemed to fix it for me was taking the light connections all the way out and then plugging back in tightly.

7 months later
#9942 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

and George dropped some really big news at the end

What a tease! Alright...got it downloaded and ready to listen on the way home!

1 week later
#10004 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Has anyone had any issues with the lock post in their katana?
What's suddenly started happening with mine is that the up position isn't as high as it should be, allowing the balls to hop over it instead of locking. When the coil fires it lowers the post, but when released again it only raises back to the lower position (probably half as high as it should be).
I'm going to take a look under the playfield to see what's going on when I get a chance, but I could have sworn I'd seen this issue pop up before and I'm not finding it by searching.

I had an issue where the Katana was dropping two balls at a time. Turned out, the post had shifted enough to be misaligned and hitting where it shouldn't. Check to make sure it's centered by taking off the Katana handle. Just don't lose those tiny screws!

2 weeks later
#10087 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah the color just looks so much better than all of the white inserts!

I know I'm in the minority but I actually don't mind the white inserts! Brightens up the dark lower pf and makes me think of comic book bubbles which goes along with the theme.

3 weeks later
#10325 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I won the July Project Pinball raffle and had a choice of ( all premiums ) Led Zeppelin AIQ Iron Maiden DP Black Knight. I picked DP being it was the only one I played and loved it. But I can't lie, I have an argument with myself about not picking Iron Maiden sometimes. Either way I'm happy as all hell to be getting what I'm guessing one of the December builds coming up!

Iron Maiden would make an amazing re-theme. I love everything about the game except the music!

1 month later
#10690 2 years ago
Quoted from Brainiac:

Our family loves DP.
I changed to family friendly setting, but the "adult" songs still play. One day, my kids are going to ask why do you "punch a baby bear in his dick?"
I don't those songs wouldn't play on family friendly setting.
Thoughts?

???? I've never heard this and I definitely don't use the family friendly setting even though my youngest is only 5. Most of the humor goes over the kids heads and if they do understand the humor they're old enough to hear it IMO.

3 weeks later
#10888 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

I'm having the same issue. How did you move the lock to the center?

Sorry to be late to respond. Glad you got it working though! I just loosened up the bolts under the playfield of this mech and pushed it more centered. It’s not perfectly centered but that was enough to stay working for the last year!

1 month later
#11238 2 years ago
Quoted from TheProgrammer:

Seems like v1.06 changed the weapon extra ball to 30 weapons instead of 10! I'm not seeing that listed in the change logs tho?

I thought it was always at 30? 10 weapons would be really low for an extra ball IMO!

1 year later
#14978 9 months ago

I had the same issue and fixed the same way as @topmoose. I never did figure out which one was loose but just unplugging and re-plugging all of them fixed long term for me.

#14987 9 months ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Just joined the club with a premium. Been waiting a long time for one.
Random question...
Is deadpool start up unusually long? I have other spike 2 games and it seems like deadpool just takes a long time to boot up.
Everything else works great, so it's not an 'issue' per se.
Just curious. [quoted image]

FWIW, Deadpool starts for me in 60 seconds and Godzilla starts in 53 seconds.

#14988 9 months ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

I had the same issue and fixed the same way as TopMoose. I never did figure out which one was loose but just unplugging and re-plugging all of them fixed long term for me.

I jinxed myself. The issue just reappeared today! Tightened up all the light connections and the unplugged/re-plugged all RJ45s and back to working within 5 minutes.

#14990 9 months ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

These are all the connections to the board under the playfield, not in the back box correct?

Correct

#14994 9 months ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Man it was dark now u can see everything. Love my pin stadium lights absolutely beautiful colors I have them on all my games.

I admit that now that I have Godzilla, Deadpool looks extra dark but I’m guessing these photos don’t do the pinstadiums justice!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hawkfanz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=hawkfanz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.