(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,195 posts
  • 1,083 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by SiN13
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1688 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240327_001906_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_001709_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpg
IMG_8453 (resized).jpg
IMG_8454 (resized).jpg
IMG_8455 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240323_200809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240326_153304_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240326_103932 (resized).jpg
20240326_103906 (resized).jpg
IMG_8461 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6916 3 years ago

I joined the club in July! Loving the game, 1st new pin in like 20 years. (Have original KISS) I may have gone a little mod crazy with a few more yet to come. Mystique and Sabertooth, some lighting, cliffy's. Attaching some pics so you can see the mods, lol. The topper was a beast to get and I way overpaid but hey, good luck finding one. I even wrote Stern and they said they can't make more due to licensing issues whatever that means. So, who can spot all the mods?

20200821_174445[1] (resized).jpg20200821_174445[1] (resized).jpg20200821_174452[1] (resized).jpg20200821_174452[1] (resized).jpg20200821_174511[1] (resized).jpg20200821_174511[1] (resized).jpg20200821_174918[1] (resized).jpg20200821_174918[1] (resized).jpg20200821_180708[1] (resized).jpg20200821_180708[1] (resized).jpg
#6921 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you put a cliffy at the entrance to the Katana lane? It doesn't look like one is there, and that's probably the single most important mod for Deadpool since if you don't do it, the flexing of that lane guide will dig into the playfield and scratch into it or chip it. You can raise it with just some washers if you don't have the Cliffy. It's detailed here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/protecting-katana-lane-entrance-from-playfield-damage

I'm waiting on the Cliffy's to come for that. They are on order.

#6922 3 years ago

Also, it's not RDTM on Deadpool, instead it's "Right down Main Street!"

#6953 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone know where I can get a Deadpool topper? Found one but can’t get the seller to respond to messages or ship internationally. Thanks.

I scoured the net for 3 weeks before I scored (an overpriced) one new in the box. I even emailed Stern but they said due to some licensing issue (?) they were not producing any more.

I did email a company at one point that was international and it took them two weeks to reply and they had it but I already found the one in the US. That was back on July 29 so no idea if they still have it. Here is the contact info and reply.

Yes we do have it in stock. However shipping it to you will cost $64.
Mvh / Best regards
Ole J. Kristiansen

Retro Norge AS
Skiringssalveien 134
3213 Sandefjord
Norway
Tlf: +47 33 61 30 25
E-post: [email protected]
www.p4p.no
www.parts4pinballs.com

3 months later
#8033 3 years ago

I have seen the auto launch problem, albeit not restricted to 2 player but I bet I know what the issue is. Check that the drop targets (Dead, Pool) or mini deadpool are resetting correctly. If they fail to reset correctly (all up), and for sure you notice this in a 2 player game because someone just knocked some down, I believe the game thinks it's doing an autosave or something since targets are down and auto lunches.

If that is the case you can try bending the hell out of the drop targets forward so they catch on the plastic ledge properly. In my case I ended up getting a replacement drop target for "Pool" from Stern. "Dead" started doing it but some bending worked.

Quoted from bigchief99:

Hello,
I need help for a friend/doctor (who does not live close) that only owns a Deadpool LE and is having some trouble with his machine. I told him I would post and ask this question in the Deadpool forum. According to him on a two player game the ball is auto launching for the second player without touching the machine. I don't thing he is having a problem during a single player game( not 100% sure). He is not a pinball tech guy but I told him it is probably a switch or opto. Again I have never been to his house or saw the machine in person. Would a tech error show up in the diagnostic service menu? I have searched a little on pinside and there was a similar problem on a AC/DC Luci where people suggested to reseat the connectors on the drop targets or something(sensitive switch anywhere on the playfield) might be causing it or maybe the button on the lock door bar.
Any help in this matter would be much appreciated. I will check back for updates or people can message me. Thanks again.

#8036 3 years ago
Quoted from Bramvk:

"bending the hell out of the drop targets forward" Bend what part of the drop target? Top of the drop target or the middle or bottom?

Best bet is to remove the the unit from the machine to work on easier. make sure the target you want to bend is in up position. Hold it there with one hand and hold the middle back with same hand so the whole target doesn't bend forward. Then push the top part forward with your other hand so it bends forward and hold it there for a while, 30 seconds/minute. The idea is to get the top part of the target that latches on/above the plastic shelf back standing straight or even leaning a little forward. It can take a LOT of bending, it's tough plastic.

You can search this site for other posts that talk about this as well to corroborate what I am saying. That's how I even found out about this fix. It didn't work long term on my "Pool" targets but it's a place to start if you want a quick fix try.

#8037 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

If the drop targets won't stay up you may need a new "ledge".
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-3-bank-target-rest-ledge.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-4-bank-target-rest-ledge.html
These break. Then the drops will not stay up and can cause weird behavior as mentioned above.

This too, although in my case they were not broken.

4 months later
#9290 2 years ago

By the way, the left ramp can dig into the playfield as well. Not that noticeable but it will make a line. Im trying a nylon washer to prevent further damage.

1 week later
#9484 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Late to the party with a lot of catching up to do. Reading key posts and such. The game grew on us over the last year playing it at locations, so pulled the trigger to get a premium last week. Looking for the katana side armor upgrade though. I checked a handful of distributors with no luck. We are enjoying it.
In the game comparison matrix it shows "CPU mounted line-out audio connector for external amplification ". Where is that located? I couldn't find it yet.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The side armor looks decent, but the "blade" inside is cardboard. So thats pretty lame.

#9504 2 years ago

Just added this mod, love it.

20210520_211657 (resized).jpg20210520_211657 (resized).jpg
#9567 2 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Do you like that location better than the top of the left ramp?
[quoted image]

The top of the ramp has deadpool in a hammock.

#9591 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

What did you use for the deadpool in a hammock?
Also, does anyone know if theres a way to buy the premium chimi truck so I can put it in my pro?

Modfather pinball mods has the deadpool hammock. They have a chimi truck as well.

1 month later
#10003 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Has anyone had any issues with the lock post in their katana?
What's suddenly started happening with mine is that the up position isn't as high as it should be, allowing the balls to hop over it instead of locking. When the coil fires it lowers the post, but when released again it only raises back to the lower position (probably half as high as it should be).
I'm going to take a look under the playfield to see what's going on when I get a chance, but I could have sworn I'd seen this issue pop up before and I'm not finding it by searching.

Had sort of a similar issue with another machine...screws were loose underneath the playfield so check that.

2 weeks later
#10088 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

I know I'm in the minority but I actually don't mind the white inserts! Brightens up the dark lower pf and makes me think of comic book bubbles which goes along with the theme.

I'm fine with the white inserts as well. But if people wanna change them now they know how.

1 month later
#10461 2 years ago

Got one also and just ordered Led Zeppelin.

4 weeks later
#10689 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Hahahaha WHAT?! Are you running custom code with the songs replaced or something?
(Not sure why you'd ever do that, the stock music is fantastic.)

Yeah, what song is that?

4 weeks later
#10930 2 years ago
Quoted from WolfWeb:

Any advice before I install these on my DP premium? Tricks or problems to look out for?
[quoted image]

I never could get the ball guide one to stay in place so I just used nylon washers under the posts and left ramp as well.

3 weeks later
#11164 2 years ago

DP can't be beat.

Quoted from adamross:

All inserts on my game have suddenly become possessed, flashing sporadically without any connection to what's happening in the game. Sometimes they all shut down, then they all start flashing. Been in the hobby for years and never saw this before. Any advice much appreciated!

Try pushing all the connectors underneath back in, they may have loosened a bit.

1 month later
#11471 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

A few years ago I started documenting all of my Pin's total plays each New Years day.
Received my Deadpool in early September 2019 and here's total plays from 1/1/2020, 1/1/21 & 1/1/2022...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Got mine in June 2020 and have 2500 plays.

#11478 2 years ago

Just a heads up, im starting to see playfield wear right behind the lil deadpool drop targets on that wooden edge. I put some mylar over it so hopefully that mitigates additional wear.

#11538 2 years ago

I have 3 annoying ball hangups; bumper behind lil deadpool, right corner of lil deadpool, and pool drop targets ( gets stuck on target edge or even against lower post). Anyone solve these?

#11541 2 years ago

I have it set at 7.3 and its dead level side ro side.

#11549 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Let me know if you dont get the lil deadpool one fixed

I think I got it now, mostly. I didn't realize you could raise the level of the drop targets. Did that and the hangups are significantly less.

#11572 2 years ago

Do you only get one shot at megakrackaladonus or can you drain and then finish the fight on another ball?

#11574 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

1 shot as far as I can tell but I'm often here on my last ball.
So if you drain I'm pretty sure you "complete" that mode and cannot do it again until you complete the entire game and re qualify it.

I get that feeling as well. But somehow I think you can still get to the final battle? Not sure ...

#11603 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Hey gang. BOOM button question. I had a MB and a battle going. I got the red boom button and hit it hoping it would take care of all the battle requirements...but it didn't, I'm sure it would if it was Just the battle...so I guess it awarded all the MB shots...
Thoughts?

I always hold the button when it's red do only one boom is used. It's a sure kill if you boom multiple times.

#11605 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I think a red (4x) boom collects all lit shots. A single boom collects the most valuable. So in a battle a single boom counts as one hit to the enemy. I think a red boom would still only count as one hit but also collect all other lit shots. Someone correct me if I’m wrong

I think you are correct.

#11622 2 years ago

Just missed the final battle by not getting through the megakrack without losing my last ball. I'm coming for you Sinister!

#11627 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any chance you can snap a photo? Please

20220122_184852 (resized).jpg20220122_184852 (resized).jpg20220122_184902 (resized).jpg20220122_184902 (resized).jpg20220122_184913 (resized).jpg20220122_184913 (resized).jpg20220122_184933 (resized).jpg20220122_184933 (resized).jpg20220122_184940 (resized).jpg20220122_184940 (resized).jpg
#11641 2 years ago

Fek yeah!!!! Finally got to and beat the final battle! 1.3b just on the final battle alone. Only took me 18 months lol.

20220123_145208 (resized).jpg20220123_145208 (resized).jpg
#11644 2 years ago

Ok who has the highest tilt points lost. I submit mine at 95m.

20220123_170919 (resized).jpg20220123_170919 (resized).jpg
#11650 2 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

Just got a chance to put some good amount of time on a Deadpool Pro tonight. My wife loved it so thinking about getting a pro. I read somewhere that they are still doing another run of this game. Anyone know if that’s true and if so, have an eta? Perfect time to be trying to buy a game right? Haha

Yes, summer.

#11657 2 years ago

Out of my 8, its the one I would let go last.

#11660 2 years ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Has anyone who did the washers under the metal guides had any pooling/ chipping around the washers? Trying to decide the lesser of 2 evils

Nope. Used nylon washers.

#11696 2 years ago

Extra ball score seems a tad high.

20220130_000608 (resized).jpg20220130_000608 (resized).jpg
#11712 2 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Getting some weak auto launch that sometimes dont even get outta the shooter lane. More and more weak over time. Inspected things and nothing seems bound up. Guess i could replace the coil sleeve but it doesnt look dirty or like its keeping the plunger from moving.
Any suggestions?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Could be hitting something on the way out. Film it in slow mo. May need to tweak the shooter or related.

#11790 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Is it possible you are getting Add-A-Balninja at of the Mystery Scoop right after you drain your 2nd to last ball? I know Disco MB has a very generous grace period after you drain your 2nd last ball as I have seen my Disco MB jackpot total and then have it start back up again. I can't recall if I have done this with Ninja MB though.

It happens with ninja mb too.

#11795 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Normally I do as well, I just had such a long wait for this title, I started accumulating mods way in advance, now my OCD won't let me play until it's done

I'd play a couple games to make sure all is well first. Then add mods and any that might cause a failure play a game directly after each install. Easier to troubleshoot problems.

#11848 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

What's the general consensus on replacing the red GI? I've got a Premium coming this week and a boatload of Comet 2SMD Sunlight bulbs - just not sure if the change is worth it. It I do replace them, I'll probably replace ALL of the GI with Sunlight.

Do it. Major difference.

#11881 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar51:

My recollection is that aside from the backboard, all the GI playfield bulbs can be accessed underneath.
If not, it means I missed some in my swap

I think there are a couple rows blocked by flipper mechanisms underneath at least. Easier to go top side.

#11891 2 years ago

Got this today from I scribed solutions pinside shop. Love it. I customized the saying.

20220209_123049 (resized).jpg20220209_123049 (resized).jpg
#11893 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

I can see where some people may like that. Personally, I plan to powder coat mine and that includes the coin door, so that wouldn't be at the top of my mod list. Pretty cool though.
Also, not sure if you care or know this, but those leg protectors will damage your cab art behind them. Not a big deal to some, but if you ever sell it or decide to take them off, the art could be damaged. Just lookin' out, that's all.
Grats on the amazing pin. Looks great!

I heard about the protectors doing damage so I just checked. 2600+ plays and looks fine.

20220209_174823 (resized).jpg20220209_174823 (resized).jpg
#11920 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Very common.
Just add the washers anyway is my opinion. Better to remove contact than to leave it.
I played a few games in my DP premium. Plays perfect out of the box. Good job Stern.
The PF, have a few flaws on the clear, i have noticed in a lot of games, it looks like little bumps trapped under the PF.
Nothing major.
Great game, I can see how this fits into any collection, simple rules and fun shots. Great for novices and more advanced players.
I can see why people like it. Music and callouts, all superb.
I can see DP staying here a long time.
What pitch are you guy setting the table at. It does not seem to follow the usual angle I set up all my other ones. I have a system that consists of turning the back levelers about 14 full revolutions and that gives always 6.8 degrees, but here I am getting 7.4.
The bubble is al the way up, so something is different about this one.
What do you guys have it at?

Same, around 7

Very common.
Just add the washers anyway is my opinion. Better to remove contact than to leave it.
I played a few games in my DP premium. Plays perfect out of the box. Good job Stern.
The PF, have a few flaws on the clear, i have noticed in a lot of games, it looks like little bumps trapped under the PF.
Nothing major.
Great game, I can see how this fits into any collection, simple rules and fun shots. Great for novices and more advanced players.
I can see why people like it. Music and callouts, all superb.
I can see DP staying here a long time.
What pitch are you guy setting the table at. It does not seem to follow the usual angle I set up all my other ones. I have a system that consists of turning the back levelers about 14 full revolutions and that gives always 6.8 degrees, but here I am getting 7.4.
The bubble is al the way up, so something is different about this one.
What do you guys have it at?

Around 7.6 to 7.8.

#12023 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Had a buddy of mine stop by last night and he managed to get to Sauron, I mean why wouldn't he. it was his first time playing the game and I've had it over a week now and cant even come close....but I digress. He didn't beat him and the next time he went into a battle, Sauron wasn't selectable and all the guys he beat already where back but you could fight them again with Sauron on their team this time around. Just thought that was weird. Does Sauron become selectable again at some point?

No, not until you progress through every wizard mode in the game and loop back around again. You can search out the rules on the Internet if you want detail on the wizard modes.

#12025 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Ok got it thanks. Thats pretty messed up , so when you get to him you pretty much HAVE to beat him or " see ya later"! ah well.

It's just points anyway, doesn't bloxk progress.

#12045 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I’m eagerly awaiting a response to you. I just got the game last week and have the same issue. Also most scoop shots bounce right out.

For the scoop I would check the stock scoop protector. Maybe it's misaligned or twisted or something? The stock one on mine twisted apart after a few months and I replaced with a Cliffy.

#12047 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Ill check it out. MOST times the ball goes in but it seems a lot of the shots are so hard and fast it doesn't catch. I don't know, I'm just speculating. I'm also having the same problem Pin_Fandango is having with the katana/diverter ramp ( sometimes ).

That I don't know. I've only had the ball fall off like once or twice in 2600 games. The scoop sometimes rejects a shot even now but with a perfect shot it holds 95% of the time.

#12054 2 years ago

The backstop on the diverter/katana has no adjustment, it is just a black rubber.
The ball comes flying fast bounces off the stop and hops over the ramp.
It happens almost every shot of the time.
It is annoying.
Wil call Stern and see what they say.

Strange that this happens. Is the piece of metal next to the ramp in place like my pic?

20220217_095238 (resized).jpg20220217_095238 (resized).jpg
#12056 2 years ago
Quoted from oldmanpinball:

I put a post where a screw is on the diverter. it worked good, here is a pick
[quoted image]

Good idea.

#12104 2 years ago

so what si the trick to keep the Snkt target from moving, I have already adjusted it twice in 100 games, I think I will leave it as it really, currently leaning over the ball guide...

https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/playfield-machinery/brackets/anti-sway-stand-up-target-bracket-kit-for-stern-pinball-machine/

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12149 2 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Every now and then, when a ball is served, the auto-plunger launches it. Usually a cabinet slap right by the right flipper fixes it for a little. What’s the logic behind when a ball auto-plunges and why would it be auto-plunging when it should manual plunge?
I’m guessing one of my other switches on the playfield is activating or closed, so the machine thinks there is a ball in play and when it detects a ball in the shooter lane it clears it?

I had this when the one or more of my drop targets weren't staying up on a reset.

#12154 2 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Anyone have their Katana release all the balls at once, this is my 2nd premium and I believe my first one let them go one at a time for Ninja multiball.

Yes there is a pause in between. You could run the katana lock diagnostic test and see if that gives you any hints.

#12157 2 years ago
Quoted from thc666:

i never leave mine in lock. virtual lock only. unfair advantage. tournament rules only! no extra balls.

I rarely get to play anyone, why virtual lock? Doesn't the game keep track by player? It's capable of only releasing one ball.

#12163 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

No flipper rubber either. True hard mode!

1 ball games.

#12176 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

When is the best time to use the red boom button?

I save the booms for fights. If its red hold it so you only use 1.

#12185 2 years ago

Can anyone confirm that the boom button does more damage when deadpool is taunting and less damage when the opponent is taunting? I'm pretty sure its true but wanna know if anyone else is seeing this.

#12223 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Wizmod speaker panels came yesterday! Look great! The one thing that scared the hell out of me was the screws holding the Deadpool plate on the top left of the speaker panel weren't Philips head screws, I thought they were at first and where stripped! But turns out after being nervous for about 5 minutes they where torx head screws. WTF! Thankfully I have a set of those , but what the hell.
[quoted image]

I think they look great but I have speaker lights and feel like those would then be blocked. Anyone have experience here?

1 month later
#12347 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I was just having the game of my LIFE and Deadpool R E S E T after I surpassed 5 BILLION on ball 2. Do I kill myself orrrrrr? I beat Final Battle and everything. Had three extra ball ready to go. So…anyone ever had a reset issue on DP?
[quoted image]

I can't recall that ever happening in over 2600 plays.

#12353 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

Is the upgrade noticeable without a Pin woofer? I want to upgrade but don't want spend $500.

I would guess so, seen tons of posts talking about how adding a sub to a pinball machine makes a big difference.

#12368 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I was about to order the side armor but just found out they are plastic. Are they cheap looking and how do they hold up?

It's not plastic. The black parts are metal. The cheap part is the katana which is cardboard. Yeah. But, it does look pretty good.

#12375 1 year ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Cardboard? Are you serious? Official stern side rail armor?

Yep. When I got them I thought someone was messing with me. Like, how could the sword not be metal? Yet, here we are.

#12380 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Drop targets have had this issue for a while, what makes the Deadpool ones worse is that the targets are close to getting direct and hard shots.. You can play with the shelf with shims and filing the nubs on the target backs all day and drive yourself crazy as I've done. Shave too much and the targets won't stay up, shim too much and they become bricks and don't drop
You can also reduce the flipper power a little but I can still brick them at 235 power.. And then the game doesn't play as snappy
I'm scraping the shim/file method for new springs
I'm trying the stronger springs that Pinball Life sells for the Ghostbusters Scolari Brothers targets...
My theory is, the stronger springs will help pull the target quicker when struck hard. I think what's happening is the rebound from a hard shot is causing the targets to come back to the shelf before the factory springs have a chance to pull the target down
I'll see if these work. I'm using them on translucent drops similar in material to the factory ones
As far as your SDTM drains... Are you measuring side to side level at the flippers, midpoint, and backfield.. I know my floor is uneven, even in a new construction home and it's amazing what 2 get can do to side to side leveling.

If its a newer machine with warranty

Quoted from Lateralus:

Has anyone had their ball go sdtm after the mini Deadpool lock releases the ball? My game is at 7.0 and even side to side. The ball is in the right corner of mini Deadpool and when the drop targets drop to release it, it goes sdtm.
Also, my drop targets there don't always go down if they are hit hard dead on. Anyone have these issues and have fixed them?
My apologies if this has been addressed, but my search skills fail, apparently.

If its a newer machine under warranty open a ticket with Stern. They sent me a whole new drop target mech when I had issues a couple years ago.

2 weeks later
#12558 1 year ago

I installed insider connect today and it had the option for either side of the apron. Later Cable! You are the weakest link!

Played 2 games and I really like the achievements. Also scored my best game ever so it must be lucky!

20220430_154440 (resized).jpg20220430_154440 (resized).jpg
#12560 1 year ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

I see the drunk toddler that assembled my mirror ball made yours too.

Lol yeah it feels like additional effort would have yielded better results.

#12562 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I might have a much prettier and a far more effective disco ball in a week or two. It’s the one part of my prem I am not blown away with so my new disco ball and lighting set up should hopefully make it a lot more effective.

Do tell

1 month later
#13413 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Who knows this pin better than you guys? Surely, some of you possess objectivity.

Ok ill bite. I have 10 pins and you can see them listed in my profile. If I could only keep one it's Deadpool. Does that help?

#13426 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Tech issue: drop targets coil goes off multiple times when they reset. Location game, been there a month and worked fine the first day (league night) before I went on vacation. @150 plays. Any ideas what might cause this? Thanks all!

It's having trouble hooking the targets on the ledge. There are some posts discussing this. Bend the targets forward aggressively. On one set of mine I ended up putting washers behind the ledge.

#13429 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Thanks for the reply. They're not dropping though, after the first pop. Did you see the video? I'm not seeing it as if they are failing to lock in the up position.

Well that was my issue. Seems like yours are staying up so not sure. Would make me guess it's not detecting they are all up so not sure if there is a switch or something it uses to detect this.

#13472 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

This effect is what i'm talking about. Big blobs of lairy bright colour over the top of each other.
[quoted image]

Yeah I don't like the art on AIQ kinda turns me off.

#13477 1 year ago
Quoted from Nedi:

Does anyone has this kind of playfield "problem"? The clear coating is very rough. This is the first Stern I have noticed this. The playfield in the picture is brand new from a brand new game.
[quoted image]

If those fuzzy white tracks are actually on the playfield and it's new that sounds like a playfield swap. Contact Stern asap.

#13525 1 year ago

Special definitely should not reset the game.

1 week later
#13619 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Do Booms actually do anything during a battle? I was playing this morning and I had three booms built up, I was on ball 3 of a not particularly good game and started a battle with Mystique. It was my last battle to finish so I say hey I'll just use my booms killer her and play Sauron. I hit all three booms and it maybe took her health down about 25%.
Seems like Megalodon is the best place to use booms as it registers one of the 5 shots you need to make. T-Rex is ok also but with everything lit and having to make 10 shots total Meg is the bigger bang for your boom.
Also does anyone know if Booms can collect Super Jackpot in Ninja multiball? I feel like I had that lit in a game with a boom ready hit the boom and it was still the only shot lit. I couldn't look at the LCD to see what was awarded.

Booms work great in a battle but I have a theory that no one ever validated. They seem to do a lot more damage when deadpool is taunting. If the enemy is talking or taunting it seems like a boom does less damage. Try it out and see if this is really true.

Not sure about the super jackpot question.

#13629 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

I would like one of these , or if someone removed their plastic and wants to sell

I removed Cable on mine so DP is still hanging tough!

1 month later
#13903 1 year ago
Quoted from livetowin:

Playing the game tonight and the scoop stopped registering. Tech alert says CE tee device malfunction and the coil pops up the post. Any help appreciated.

Run a switch test for the scoop and check if it's working. Could be a wire came off the switch or even a leg broke off and you need a new switch in that case. If you are lucky you might just need to bend the switch arm to get it to register.

#13906 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

How much were the stern toppers for this game when they were first produced?

399 or 349 I don't recall which.

1 week later
#13967 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah, I'm currently 11th on the Worldwide leaderboard... hoping to improve on it. I came in second on the AIQ leaderboard!

Is there any way to participate from a machine at home if you have insider connect hardware?

2 weeks later
#14078 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Has anyone got a random crash/reset with the newer code? I’m on 1.0.7 and got one tonight.

1.08 is the newest code and it fixes a reset issue.

1 month later
#14211 1 year ago
Quoted from northerndude:Love a shaker.
The shaker use in Godzilla is unmatched imo. Every "footstep" rumbles the unit perfectly. Haven't played a machine that a shaker wasn't upgrading my experience

I put a shaker in my TAF and just played one in the wild and it was weird with no shaker. I imagine DP would be the same for me.

#14217 1 year ago
Quoted from Rehamed:

I have a shaker in deadpool and hate it. Can't stand the loudness of it. And that's with all settings (low, medium and high). I also have a shaker on guardians and love it (even on high) it seems much more refined than the jack hammer like affect in deadpool.

Several posts over in mmr thread discussing this very thing. I get the impression that individual shakers can vary based on how the weights are aligned. You can move the weights with some effort (drilling) to make the shaker less intense.
On my mmr and iron man the shakers are jack hammers but Deadpool is not so I feel like this may be true.

#14219 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

You should not have to drill. They should have a set screw. Loosen, align, tighten until you get the desired effect.

Could be as well. Just went by what i read. I'd say open it up and look and know that its possible to change it.

4 weeks later
#14339 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

I have an issue with the first D in Dead drop target. It only stays up maybe 20% of the time. The game attempts to reset it and it goes back down. All the other targets stay up. I looked at the target and it still has the piece that grips to hold it up. And if I reset it by hand it usually stays. It seems like the spring pushing it forward isn't pushing hard enough to get it to catch. Anyone have any insight on this issue before I take the whole thing apart? Thanks

It's not pushing it forward it's pushing it up.
I've has this more than once.
You can try bending the target forward. I take it out to do this and bend it a lot. It's tough plastic and won't break.

That can be a temp fix though.
On one set I gave up and put washers behind the plastic ledge the targets catch on and that seemed to solve it.

3 weeks later
#14439 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I initially ordered cliffs for a premium. When I got kicked off my 4th preorder list ended up with a prob. Looks like I can still just use the same set. Not sure if anyone has any opinion on this.
Thanks in advance

It would be the same for a pro.

#14448 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

This is what my dealer let me know who reached out to stern support who asked Gomez directly (talk about service!). When saying droopy what did they do different on the build? Wouldn't it be same assembly than other sterns? Meaning how did they force this assembly to be droopy?

Simply change the flipper angle. You can change it yourself. Just loosen the clamp holding the flipper bat, adjust and retighten.

#14450 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Appreciate the feedback and sure I'm aware of that. I guess that was my question now that ive been told they sloped. So that's just the intended design? Where I was confused is the flippers are in line with alignment holes, and thought that was odd you'd have to adjust higher to play like other sterns. If the game is supposed to be harder to trap ill keep it that way.

It's a little tougher but easier to make the orbits as a result. Up to you however you like it.

2 weeks later
#14477 1 year ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

I'm sure there is a place in the many forums that talks about this, but I can't seem to find it. My left flipper slips/moves just a little when I'm trying to catch the pinball. Basically makes a perfect catch, but not by design. I followed the procedure of aligning and tightening the flippers, but that small slip of when the ball hits the flipper in a raised position is still happening? Any ideas?

Crank the clamp for the bat some more. Could also be worn and need replacement.

3 weeks later
#14544 1 year ago

Weird issue started showing up
The coin door lights including the start button and lighted flipper buttons started pulsing. It's even audible. Turned it off and seated the connections more firmly and that seemed to work for a while but now it just happened again. Rebooting seems to clear it at least temporarily. Any ideas?

#14546 1 year ago
Quoted from Fussa71:

Its tedious, but double check all the connections including the wires going into the connectors. I had a similar issue, and after awhile, I found a wire that had come out of the connector.

Ok thanks

#14548 1 year ago
Quoted from BirdForce1:

I have about 1400 plays on my DP pro. My right flipper isn’t micro flipping consistently now. Is this possibly a coil going bad or else?

Replace the coil stop and sleeve and see if that helps. Do both. Not likely to be a coil.

#14570 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

Anyone else had an issue with the drop targets not wanting to come back on restart? They struggle to pop back up most of time.

Common. Can try taking the mech out and bending the targets forward. Not always a long term fix though. On one set I ended up also putting washers behind the "shelf" the target catches on in the up position.

#14573 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Is this a solution for targets that won't come up, or won't go down? I've seen this for targets that won't drop, but not for targets that won't raise.

Raise. I never had an issue with non dropping targets. Earlier in this monster thread there were discussions around that.

2 weeks later
#14630 1 year ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Went and got a digital level today. What a difference that makes. Not just Deadpool but wow all of my games were way off.
Added rubber to the outlanes posts and big difference in ball times.
Still can't get the damn Dazzler multiball.

Check that the switch is working correctly.

#14637 1 year ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

For those that haven't done it yet, please get the Comet LED White Upgrade kit for this game (or do it yourself some other way). I played in league last night on a routed pro then came home tonight and the difference is night and day (pun intended) on what you can see on the playfield and the game. (I didn't even install the spot lights).

Agreed. Did that way back k 2 years or more ago.

1 month later
#14739 12 months ago

Played a game today and got 0 points on the kill shot for Mystique lol. That should be an achievement. Never seen that before.

3 months later
#14997 8 months ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Man the cool white in those inserts is harsh. I wonder if anyone has tried gel inserts or something to make it a warm white or some color

Look up Pinmonk. He's had them for years.

3 weeks later
#15056 7 months ago
Quoted from Notapinwiz:

Picked up an unexpected to me Aug 10th run pro Saturday. Wife liked this one the most of what we play out and about. We like the look of the side armor, but what is the katana made out of on the side armor? I searched and saw one post that said it was just cardboard? Look forward to going back and reading what to do and not to do in this thread.

The "insert" or blade is just cardboard. The armor itself is metal.

3 months later
#15618 4 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I also have cooling fans on mine and I have 500 plays do you think I should change the coil stops or wait until I notice a difference

People will tell you to change the coil stops immediately but I would wait until you see a problem. I have 2800 plays on my original coil stops and so far flippers work as expected.

1 week later
#15738 3 months ago
Quoted from Bikerjoy:

Got my NIB Pro a couple of days ago. Build date Aug 31. No issues with targets or Katana post. I do however have an issue with the shooter rod. My GUESS is that it strikes the ball way too low. A full plunge barely makes it out of the shooter lane. The auto launcher works fine. Any ideas what to check / what I can do to fix it?

Make sure the rubber tip on the shooter rod is intact.

#15777 3 months ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Score for the quests comes from the team-ups: Colossus directly doubles, Domino adds scoring, Dazzler adds to the final shot (she gives more time and the final shot value is based on time remaining.)
Besides that, the big points come from Disco and Mechsuit multiballs, if you can keep each going for a while (multiple rounds of super jackpots) and with some Snikts. Clone Multiball also scores big if you can get there (finish all the level-2 battles.)
And I really want to know what BrokenChair did for 6.5 billion when you usually barely finish any quests in a game for under 50 million. (You sure you're not miscounting digits?)

I had the same thought. I got through every battle in the game, finished the last battle and started everything over again winning a few battles and I only had 5.8 billion.

1 month later
#15930 67 days ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

So I'm in the club with a Pro!
A quick question are extra balls really easy to get on standard settings? I've played 4 games and gotten an extra ball on every game so far. I'm by no means a good player, but they seem to come easily.
[quoted image]

Not that easy. Check your settings.

3 weeks later
#16031 43 days ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

That's really cool tho! I mean they definitely could've told you to pack sand. I wonder of the cassette tape ships with the premium? Maybe in the goody bag?

It does.

1 month later
#16159 3 days ago
Quoted from tedwasright:

Can anyone explain the literal differences between the Pro and Premium? Or send me to where I can find it. I'm curious to know. Whenever I see a pic of a pro it doesn't looke much different at all from my Premium. But, I DO need new glasses...so..

On the pro no disco ball, dumps into the pops instead of the ramp that goes all the way around, all targets instead of drop downs. That's what I recall.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider glpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=glpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.