(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,261 posts
  • 1,089 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 hours ago by Minibull
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fooflighter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9245 2 years ago

Hey all, don't have a DP but was sent here by another poster.

Just experienced my GNR with and without the Pinwoofer GT with an External Klipsch 12" sub as well as the Cab sub upgrade and the Tweeter upgrade

Thought my experience would give you some insight.

NIGHT and DAY difference.

I thought I could get by with a tap off the cab to an external sub and call it a day. Nope. The tweeter upgrade and amp make the audio "Sparkle" is the best way I can describe it! All the while providing amazing bass, no hum, no rattle..just perfect blend. I'm hearing spatial orientation and callouts and sound effects that did not exist with the factory setup!

The ability to adjust the backbox volume and equalize things is HUGE.

A++++

Sorry this turned into a commercial but this is a must have mod IMHO where audio is important

2 months later
#10144 2 years ago

Time to make the Chimichanga's ?

So I know I'm asking a biased crowd, but currently contemplating a DP Prem NIB purchase. I have 3 pins right now, (SW, JP Premium & GnR LE) so DP would fit in nicely in the mix as far as shots and uniqueness. I have played it on route with older code and found it fun but it was in a noisy environment and typical routed game jank and broken parts which detracted from the experience.

Knowing what you all know now with the newer code, would you buy a DP again right now or wait for the next Keith Elwin/Stern new hotness (ie Godzilla)

I try to only buy pins that I've played and will stay bolted to the floor (for now)

#10146 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Why not buy DP Prem and if Godzilla comes out and you need the cash sell DP. At worst you would take a small loss on DP. But if you like the way it shoots it would compliment JP and SW well which I find can be brutally punishing games sometimes. Great games but punishing none the less.
In terms of bolting to the floor, I have literally played thousands of games of DP and I still love it. Makes me laugh, makes me cry and always keeps me coming back for more.

Thank you, great input

#10156 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Deadpool would compliment that collection so so good.
Speed and brutality = SW
Serious player = JP
Fun and adrenalin = GNR
Fun, comedy, uniqueness = DP
I say go for it, Deadpool has to be coming close to the end of its run so may become harder to find (NIB anyway). Godzilla will be available for 3 years NIB so plenty of time and chances to get it. And you can let code bake some before you get one.
That said, if you can get a spot in on a Godzilla LE and there isn’t a tremendous price hike, it could be a tougher decision.

Those were my thoughts as well...Thank you

#10160 2 years ago

Okay, just broke the news to the wife, she hates the hobby (actually the $$$ for pins these days), but we always discuss prior so I'm not in the doghouse.

Deadpool Premium Deposit = Done!!!

#10163 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice congrats!
We came into a medical/bills bind about 4 years back or so. Sold all but one pin to get out of it. Wife says buy whatever game you want now. Too bad pins and cost of living are so damn expensive lol.

I heard that. Trying not to look at them as investments, but nice to know they retain some value if desperate times dictate otherwise. Thanks again for the recommendation.

1 week later
#10262 2 years ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

So here is my new Designe of the Katana-Handle.( on right side)
I redesignet the rope and took a real Katan handle as refrence. Now it is not that clunky anymore.
There are still some changes i wantt to make. I like to get the sides a little rounder and the top metalpart shoud be a little bigger.
But this will take a lot of time because my laptop has problem to calcuate the mesh because of the high detail.
Also i added a guide inside so it is easy possible to change the filter colors inside.
So you could feel free to try some diffrent colors or change them for fun.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I love this handle!!!! Following your work and sent you a PM.

Hope you can produce these to purchase!

#10319 2 years ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

So i am back.
My last prototype is finished.
I like it the most, because it has a rounder shape and that looks great.
So we have:
No. 1 the chunky
No. 2 the elegant
No. 3 the round
Also the color filters arrived and I was able to test them. Very easy replaceable and a cool feature.
I wil take the round shape as final.
Only thing I have now to decide, with wich metal part and wich rope guide I will continue.
What do you like best?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Number 3 most definitely, and the number 3 pattern and metal...

1 week later
#10384 2 years ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Hello all
Here is the final result.
The handle is easy to install and fits perfectly. I make it with durable material. It is a little overkill but better safe then sorry. I can offer it for 85 dollars including shipping because shipping from switzerland to the USA is very expensive but its fast (1-2 weeks).
(If you are a Group or want more, price drops because i can send Several with same shipping)
I would need one more week to produce them.
Various color filters are included.
Pm me if you are interested.
Best regards Luc

This final product looks amazing!

PURCHASING !!!!!

1 month later
#10716 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

2yrs without a single cleaning. Not even a wipedown in 2,000 games. All settings set to easiest. So many free balls lol. Left coil stop completely disintegrated. Post sleeves splitting. Wolverine spinner hadn't worked in entire 2yrs he owned it (fixed it while I was at his house lol. Just reseated the connector)
Doesn't need much
She'll be good as new come Monday
[quoted image]
-clean
-clean again
-replace post sleeves
-new balls
-replace coil stops
-install art blades
-install shaker
-install pinmonk quiet fan kit
-install pinmonk mode brackets
-install titans
-install pinnovators sub kit
-play until my fingers hurt

Pinball abuse

3 weeks later
#10900 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

BIG shout out to Lucxor his Katana mod is absolutely gorgeous! Beautifully processed and finished and all the coloured gels is a nice bonus to change up the look.
Blows all the other versions out the water! In fact if you have a Katana Handle mod from anyone but Luc throw it in the bin and pick up one of these it’s night and day!
[quoted image]

I second that...so want to get my Deadpool to get this mod installed!!

Lucxor is good people!!!

#10942 2 years ago

I played George Gomez's personal Deadpool on the Expo floor yesterday and then turn around just in time to see him pass by and shake his hand for such a great game that I'm taking delivery on next year... Talk about surreal

Screenshot_20211031-140142_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211031-140142_Photos (resized).jpg

#10951 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Me too! I wasn't a big fan of the Premium art, but in Cary Hardy's recent Expo video, the colors on that Premium really popped more than I've ever seen in any pictures. The blues looked really vibrant, and I was like "Wow, that looks way better than I've ever seen, I love it". What did you think of the Premium art in real life?

I thought it looked amazing...The blues really popped! I plan on powdercoating the machine with Illusion red flake and I think the contrast will really set it off...but even leaving it stock would be fine as it looks great as is...You forget how amazing these machines look in person compared to photos sometimes

#10952 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

He doesn't have an LE???
Can't wait for my premium next year, there's a hole in my heart where my pro used to be.

I was a little shocked too, but that makes me love my Premium even more

#10963 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

If i had my time again i would NOT put pinstadiums on my DP (or any other machine for that matter). Comet double sling spots and trough light kit fixes that dark spot in the middle just fine.
At a decimal point of the cost.

I'm waiting on my DP Premium too..going to also go with the Comet spots, although I think maybe only one spot per sling, I'll have to play wth that a little, see what I like.

I can see how the pinstadiums may be good for streaming, but they kill the abiance and GI lighting for me in a home setting, I prefer the dark contrasts in pinball and don't like playing with the lights on or too bright a playfield, leaves a little mystery and doesn't blow out the contrast- to each his own...

I'm also going to add the trough light and the Lil DP drop bank/under lighting as well

#10968 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I added the trough light and went with single spotlights, but used the Comet "Opmax" Sunlight white for Deadpool. I use the cool white in most other games. These bulbs are very bright! I recommend you do the electrical tape "mod" to the inserting end of the bulb to keep them from falling out. I also use a small piece of electrical tape to cover the top lit portion of the bulb that barely sticks out of the spotlight reflector. I also changed out the red bulbs and most GI for sunlight 2 SMD bulbs.
[quoted image]

Thanks for sharing that...I've seen a few posts about the Red GI vs the sunlight 2 SMD bulbs, going to have to see in my environment how it looks...your's looks great

2 weeks later
#11099 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Hello Deadpool owners (and hopeful future owners). In anticipation of getting my long ordered Deadpool Premium sometime before I'm deceased, I've been accumulating things I want to install when it arrives, and right now I'm looking for plastic protectors.
I'd like a more complete set of plastic protectors than just the typical 4 piece slingshot and return lane set, but I'm having trouble finding a more complete set. It appears that the Playfield Protector Company may be the only place a full (or almost full) set is available. Am I right, or am I missing another source?
Thanks in advance for any information.

I'm doing the full CLiP protection protectors for mine... Deviating from the norm of my usual sling and lane

https://mezelmods.com/products/clip-protector-set-deadpool-pinball?_pos=14&_sid=6a1cdde23&_ss=r&variant=39294863081569

#11100 2 years ago

It's 20 separate pieces for the CLiP set

1 week later
#11177 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

After a long hiatis from deadpool getting back in with a premium. This time itll never leave. Ordered topper, art blades and shooter knob.
One thing I remember is the game being kind of dark. How are pinstadiums on deadpool? Ive never done pinstadiums because i play with lights on dimmed
Also meant to ask what powder coat colors go really well with premium. Im guessing red doesnt look right with the artwork

I'm waiting also

Got the Comet frosted sunlight kit and also the spotlight addon kits from comet as well...There are some good before and after pics in this thread and I think the sunlight allows more of the true colors to shine through on the playfield without being oversaturated red

#11183 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I haven’t been told that by JJ. He told me February/March a few weeks back. But the scuttlebutt here of recent is that other distros are now saying end of summer.

I ordered mine from JJ back in July as well...waiting is the hardest part...

When was your order made...just trying to guess/guage without bugging JJ over trivial stuff out of his control

#11195 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

August or September. So, after you.

Thank you

3 weeks later
#11395 2 years ago

Bummer, just heard from Distro today...DP Premium bumped to Late summer '22 July/August + $1000 price hike, no grandfather on old deposit price most likely...

Well crap...still getting it...just sucks

#11416 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

This makes me feel a little less like a sucker for buying one a month ago for $8700

I think my Distro meant the hike from 7600 to 8600 come next year even though deposit was in with Stern this July

Added over 2 years ago:

I think my Distro meant the hike from 7600 to 8600 come next year even though deposit was in with my Distro this July

1 month later
#11687 2 years ago

Just got my final payment notification too on my premium!!! Pleasant surprise as I wasn't expecting until late summer.

#11725 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Funny, i am really, really enjoying TWD. Such a great game (and i deplore the theme).

sorry to go offtrack ..
The game actually got me into the show, never watched it before picking up an LE recently and now I'm addicted to both the game and the series....just started Season 8 - no spoilers

#11750 2 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Got my deadpool prem today!!! Born on date of 1/25/2022
Love it so far. Thanks flipnout pinball!! Fast delivery for sure. Paid Thursday, recieved today.
BOOM!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats, mine is coming this Thursday, can't wait

#11792 2 years ago

It has arrived, unfortunately had to leave town on business. Got a ton of mods and accessories to install when I get back, so it'll be a while before that first ball flip

New Translucent Titans throughout
Mezel CLiP protectors set, red 3mm kit
Cointaker Side mirror blades
Stern Shaker
Invisiglass
Official Topper and Shooter Rod
Lucxor Katana replacement
Hooked on Pinball Pop ninja star replacement
Translucent lil Deadpool drops and lighting
Cliffy's for Katana ramp and shooter lane
External Klipsch Sub out
Comet Fosted Sunlight Light Kit and spot light installs
Pingraffix Flipper Toppers
Pinmonk Quietfan

Eventually get powder coat, red with sparkle flake
20220203_144655~2 (resized).jpg20220203_144655~2 (resized).jpg20220203_162359 (resized).jpg20220203_162359 (resized).jpg

#11794 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

If I have mods already in hand when I get a pin, I still have to play it a fair amount before I can break away and put a few mods in at a time.

Normally I do as well, I just had such a long wait for this title, I started accumulating mods way in advance, now my OCD won't let me play until it's done

#11797 2 years ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I'd play a couple games to make sure all is well first. Then add mods and any that might cause a failure play a game directly after each install. Easier to troubleshoot problems.

Yeah, I'll probably do that for the possible game affecting ones like the clip accessories

#11799 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I like to dial in games before anything. Some times you find big issues in nib games so spending hours adding mods makes no sense to me.
A friend just got a nib rush and all flipper assys were overtorqued, assys came off with chunks of wood and needs a pf swap.
Distro is taking care of it.
All that to say I am not doing anything on a game until about it is 200+ plays on it

I hear you, makes sense in troubleshooting versus changing at much then trying to isolate issues if any

#11802 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Btw, since you’re going heavy on the mods, I highly recommend PinMonk’s color gels for the playfield and back panel inserts.

Awesome, thanks for the tip, love Pinmonks stuff

#11821 2 years ago

I guess I got a new build but older playfield before they changed the artwork under certain rails

20220207_113227 (resized).jpg20220207_113227 (resized).jpg20220207_113310 (resized).jpg20220207_113310 (resized).jpg
#11824 2 years ago

good to know, thanks. pro or premium?

Premium

#11832 2 years ago

I always take my games apart so the wife and I could get it up the curved stairs safely in 3 pieces. Deadpool came apart surprisingly easy after the spaghetti nest on TWD.

Taking over my son's room slowly for the main pinball room to eventually house the pins scattered about

Now onto the side mirrors..This is the way to do mods floor level and no killing your back! Wish it was always like this
20220207_153555 (resized).jpg20220207_153555 (resized).jpg

#11850 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

What's the general consensus on replacing the red GI? I've got a Premium coming this week and a boatload of Comet 2SMD Sunlight bulbs - just not sure if the change is worth it. It I do replace them, I'll probably replace ALL of the GI with Sunlight.

Quoted from Smack:

100% worth doing. My photos aren't the best by any means but here is a side by side. In particular compare the far sides above the outlanes. You can actually read the To Do list for example. And the biggest improvement to me is lighting up the middle of the playfield. Depending on your lighting setup in your room this can make a world of difference.
I have actually gone down to 1 spotlight on each side facing upwards towards the middle. I don't find it too dark near the flippers but I did install a trough light as well which is not shown in these photos.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/169#post-6114580

I just bit the bullet and did a massive upgrade, took awhile as it involved taking apart pretty much everything.

New Comet Frosted Sunlight Throughout
All new Titan Translucent rubbers
CLiP protection plastics throughout.

I like the Comet Lighting as the red just saturated the playfield. The Frosted sunlight makes the playfied colors come alive
I also built 2 spotlights on the top of the slings and they brighten up the center nicely. Not too much , just right.

I'm also going to add a trough light and translucent drops and ligthing under Lil' Deadpool Drops

Not a fan of the Red CLiP plastics on the sling artwork, love the fluorescent look everywhere else, but they just make the sling art completely red.

I'm going with some thicker clears or other colrs in those areas. Also, I left the sling lights a cooler white as it doesn't change the playfield GI too much but makes the sling art pop a little more

#11852 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Can you please post some photos of the translucent rubbers? I have been thinking about this as well and would love to see it.
As for the pain of swapping out all of the bulbs, here is a Protip I didn't learn until after the fact. Many of these sockets are screwed in under the playfield. It can be a lot easier to unscrew and replace these bulbs vs dismantling the plastics, ramps, etc above.

Will do, here you go...

I did this for a couple bulbs, however the plastics and rubber changeout required the most dismantling, so I figured I'd kill 3 birds with 1 stone

Here's also a flyover vid

The CLiP 3mm plastics are not blown out PURPLE/MAGENTA like in the video and pics, hard to carpture the true color on camera...also the lights are more blown out in pics and vids than in real life

20220208_082227 (resized).jpg20220208_082227 (resized).jpg20220208_082242 (resized).jpg20220208_082242 (resized).jpg20220208_082302 (resized).jpg20220208_082302 (resized).jpg20220208_082318 (resized).jpg20220208_082318 (resized).jpg20220208_082346 (resized).jpg20220208_082346 (resized).jpg20220208_082445 (resized).jpg20220208_082445 (resized).jpg20220208_082504 (resized).jpg20220208_082504 (resized).jpg20220208_152602 (Large) (resized).jpg20220208_152602 (Large) (resized).jpg20220208_152848 (Large) (resized).jpg20220208_152848 (Large) (resized).jpg20220208_152851 (Large) (resized).jpg20220208_152851 (Large) (resized).jpg20220208_152907 (Large) (resized).jpg20220208_152907 (Large) (resized).jpg

#11857 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Where did you get the pop bumper caps from?

Hooked on pinball as the others have noted

#11858 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Thank you so much fooflighter. That looks really good!

They look like the Mezelmod caps
https://mezelmods.com/products/deadpool-pinball-pop-bumper-upgrade?variant=19649821540449

Thank you much

#11861 2 years ago

Just wanted to highlight Lucxor amazing work on the Katana mod.

Amazing quality and looks, really sets the Katana handle off.

Super easy to purchase from and a true professional

20220208_082318 (resized).jpg20220208_082318 (resized).jpg
#11864 2 years ago

Anyone know of and brightness controls for Stern's Topper, looked through the settings but couldn't find anything, not sure if it's tied to another setting or just not controllable.

Waiting on my Invisiglass to come in and getting some glare / washout from the topper on the playfield with the regular Stern glass

Thanks

#11872 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

This is a stab in the dark but is it controlled by any of the Backbox Illumination settings?

Good suggestion, tried that just now but no luck

#11873 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What’s the consensus on Deadpool? Mirror blade or art blades?

I LOVE the mirror blades on this game

#11910 2 years ago

thank you. will do.
How are the rest of the ball guides holding up for the new owners? mine got the updated PF with no art under any guide so wonderig if it is worth adding washers.
It will require a lot of disassembly and if it can be avoided, it would be nice.

To avoid disassembly, you could put a fiber washer under the areas, cut out a small notch, loosen the nut below just to get clearance and slide the fiber washer under and tighten guide nut. I've done this on my JP rails, they stay put, and the pressure from the rails prevents the fiber from turning. I'll the notch is unseen from the playfield player perspective

#11922 2 years ago

What pitch are you guy setting the table at. It does not seem to follow the usual angle I set up all my other ones. I have a system that consists of turning the back levelers about 14 full revolutions and that gives always 6.8 degrees, but here I am getting 7.4.
The bubble is al the way up, so something is different about this one.
What do you guys have it at?

I got to say I'm very impressed with Stern on this one shoots amazing out of the box at 7° as recommended by George Gomez on his Stern factory intro video I asked him in person too at the Expo and he said 7°.

Every shot on this thing is like butter ... This is by far my favorite orbit shot on any machine shooting that left dazzler spinner just rips so amazing... So glad I got the premium which keeps the flow going with the up down ramp

And the lock shot across the playfield into the katana is just amazingly accurate surprises me every time how smooth and fast that shot is love love love this game

Also my playfield is really the best new in box I've ever gotten from Stern... the wood is really hard I don't see any dimples at all in the clear after multiple plays ...they also did a super buffing polish job from the factory... Like glass

So happy with this title

I mean seriously look at this playfield... Frigging beautiful...

#11989 2 years ago

SNNNKKT !!!! New owner praise ahead

Man, finally zoned in on this shot, went from impossible to hit for me to 7 hits in one game. I hit in multiple ways too...half by just glancing the pop bumper skirt before letting the bumper get one quick fire and aid it into the target and up the ramp and the other 4 were direct target/ramp shots...such a weird satisfying shot. Almost has that feeling of riding a bike, can't unsee the shot lane now that I found it even though it seemed not to exist initially

#12017 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

It says upper right GI. I’d remove each socket and look inside for bits of loose solder causing a short. Unfortunately, seems to be somewhat of a common issue lately.

This^^^ Happened on my NIB SW Prem years ago, was my first pin and drove me nuts for months...turned out to be a super small piece of stray wire in one of the GI bulb sockets.

#12018 2 years ago

So question on the 2nd O (Right inlane) spelling B O O M

Is there ever a time in the code when it's set to NOT register a rollover and light the O ?

I swear there are times where I shoot a left orbit to the up down ramp (Premium version here), the ball smoothly rolls down the Katana, and over the rollover but doesn't register an O, then works the rest of the time in the game... performed switch test and works perfectly, no loose wires.

Could this be a code/bug thing or should I look deeper at the switch?

Thanks

#12020 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

No, look at the switch. My left outlane switch was a little flaky on mine. It would register like 7/10 times, then got worse suddenly. It was just the arm needed to be adjusted slightly from below, and it works all the time now. It’s probably bouncing a little or going faster off that loop ramp and not quite depressing fully.

Okay will do, thanks

#12021 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

No, look at the switch. My left outlane switch was a little flaky on mine. It would register like 7/10 times, then got worse suddenly. It was just the arm needed to be adjusted slightly from below, and it works all the time now. It’s probably bouncing a little or going faster off that loop ramp and not quite depressing fully.

That was it!!!

One of the switch leads was bent and the other two were very close, straightened them out and tightened the switch... Working perfectly now! Appreciate the help

#12071 2 years ago

Found a pretty good use of the Deadpool hammock plastic on my premium. It blocks too much disco light so I tried it on the topper... Just going to hook up some Comet SMD to a GI or flasher to give it a lighting effect but I think it looks pretty awesome from the player perspective.

The mounts swivel and conform perfectly to the topper curve and two small pieces of command wall double sided hold it firmly in place
20220218_222611 (resized).jpg20220218_222611 (resized).jpg20220218_222650 (resized).jpg20220218_222650 (resized).jpg20220218_222722 (resized).jpg20220218_222722 (resized).jpg20220218_223225 (resized).jpg20220218_223225 (resized).jpg

#12072 2 years ago

Edit: I fixed this but left my original question here followed by the answer I arrived at in case anyone wants to reference..

**Quick alignment question... I changed the coil stops already and tightened everything but my left flipper seems just a tad lower than the right when in the up position.

Down, they are dead nuts on the alignment holes...

The game shoots amazing

Just curious, was this intentional geometry with the different flipper coils, or is this just something normal not to be concerned about.

My OCD is curious

20220218_225140 (resized).jpg20220218_225140 (resized).jpg20220218_225205 (resized).jpg20220218_225205 (resized).jpg20220218_225245 (resized).jpg20220218_225245 (resized).jpg

#12073 2 years ago

Disregard I fixed it by adjusting the left and right hand Pawl in the up position and made both bats even and then slightly tweaking (aligned with needle nose just a millimeter or two ) the left and right back stop for the flipper return now they're all perfect I'm just going to leave this here in case anybody in encounters the same thing... real quick fix

#12075 2 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Right side is supposed to hang slightly lower. This is the way.

Don't think that is correct, Stern site shows them even at rest, and I asked at Expo and they said to center the bats on the alignment holes...my issue was when they were in the up position being uneven

All good now and can hit the Snikt shot on the plunge or from cradle and right flipper to the ramp and orbits...

Didn't think it was possible but I think it's smoother now
20220219_010157 (resized).jpg20220219_010157 (resized).jpg20220219_010213 (resized).jpg20220219_010213 (resized).jpg

#12080 2 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

My comment was just directed to flippers at rest. Glad your happy with it. My right flipper came slightly below center. When my ocd triggered and I fixed it, I couldn’t hit loop shots. Put it back, and it’s like butter.

Thanks, appreciate the feedback

#12082 2 years ago

If uneven on the top position your flipper assy is off spec, this makes the coil stop sit a little bit weird and give the bat a little more travel.
I like simple logic and only do 1 adjustment at a time or things get wacky and out of spec.
The way I see it, If they were even at rest then the problem was on the coil stop/upper position only, by either the flipper assy being bent or the coil stop being out of spec.
Solution: replace coil stop.
If not fixed,
Straighten the flipper assy to increase coil stop contact.
Flippers must sit even both at rest and up as far I am concerned

Thanks, I changed coil stops.. There was slight uneven wear on the right one with the plunger contact, but they were still uneven after replacing, assemblies looked good and no binding or angle in the plungers (how would you straighten the assemblies in your explanation, the coil stops and coil bracket can only tighten to their base and the base is fixed... Would this be an assembly spec issue or was it installed slightly off in the playfield, if the latter, nothing I can do except for my fix I would think?)... After repositioning the Pawl travel point the only thing left to adjust was the resting travel position... So it may be that the C&C was slightly off, an assembly was put in slightly off, but either way, just a fraction, and I mean a fraction of a bend to the backstop (with the rubber grommet out) so that the pressure of the tool was directly centered, changed the resting positions to even.. so I'm even top and bottom now.. I may be slightly off 90 degrees on the backstop bracket, but it does very well...

I have to remind myself these are handmade on wood, it's amazing the tolerances that they can dial in with those be limitations

When it's time for a rebuild, I am may just get 2 entirely new full kit assemblies

Thanks for any further feedback

This is the first time I've encountered this issue on any of my pins (5) right now

#12085 2 years ago

Yeah had this issue on a diff game (williams) flippers were off at the top, my ocd could not handle it.
Upon inspection one of the assys was arched, very slightly.
If you put the assy on a flat surface and it wiggles like a table with uneven legs, that sort of thing.
Anyway, it made the coil to sit at an angle so it had more space for the plunger to travel.
I straighten the assy and the issue was fixed.
The joys of pinball tolerances or lack thereof. Lol

Oh gotcha, I see, my mind was thinking rotational alignment of the assembly, not a physical arch in the assembly, makes sense, thanks for the explanation.

#12087 2 years ago

A friend had all his flippers fall off a NIB Rush (overtorqued at factory and wood stripped out)
Only fix was to re attach in a different location by just rotating it slightly, works well. He is waiting for a new pf I believe.
All that to say, rotating the assy makes no difference after you adjust the bat.

Wow that's crazy, glad Stern is taking care of him

That makes total sense now thinking about the assemblies and their travel and position, really appreciate it

#12113 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Do you have any pictures of what you adjusted to fix this?

As pointed out above, my assembly is probably out of spec and come time for a rebuild, will most likely do a complete assembly swap out, but everything works smoothly now and shoots like butter, I don't have pics unfortunately, but here's what I did

1. Loosened the right flipper bat bolt just loose enough to move it but with some tension still left

2. While holding the left flipper up to its up position with one hand, moved the right flipper to match the left upward position with the same hand, then tightened the right bat bolt using my Allen wrench, I have the long T=handle kind so it make the job and torque required easy

3. Made sure i had a slight amount of vertical play in the position and then when satisfied, tighted the right flipper down

4. Now with the right fixed upward, it was slightly off on the bottom rest position. I removed the backstop rubber, so as to bend the bracket slightly in the middle and not unevenly and did't want to ruin the grommet .. then used a pair of needle nose to bend just slightly the bracket holding the grommet (making the distance the pawl rests on slightly less and closer to the assembly) - just a little goes a long way, took only a slight tweak and the flipper was now resting dead center

#12114 2 years ago

thanks, but my machine is brand new, I presume this is already installed on that target... or am I wrong?
edit: I am wrong and Stern is cheap AF!!! can't believe they do not include this with the game.
thanks again for the link

It's strange, my Star Wars and JP had them, weird they wouldn't change the part supply list on a known bracket issue.

I put the anti sway bar from Pinball Life in mine and it works perfectly...Snikt shots a plenty !!

#12129 2 years ago

Thanks!
Yeah I adjusted it twice tonight… I center it, and 10 plays later, this…[quoted image]

You really have to tighten those two screws holding the leaf spring to the mechanism tight to do that without bending things and to keep position I used a pair of pliers to hold the leaf spring square while using a long torque driver to get those screw as tight as I could...

I know it's been said here that the target should sit away from the rail but I've actually found that with just the corner just overlapping the rails slightly but still squared up provides more of a positive Target impact point for the ball.. otherwise it's a little too spongy.. the ball won't make it up the ramp as easily I'm out on a trip if I get home I'll take a picture of mine it's pretty close to yours but my target is square so I would just recommend tightening up that Target again living with a little overlap and then just getting used to that shot....

Regardless of how Gomez said it's supposed to be free floating away from the rail every Deadpool I've ever seen in the wild or in a home environment has a slight overlap on that railing it was even on his own personal machine on the Expo floor...

#12131 2 years ago

Also the post above talking about the shim works as well if you put a washer on the leaning edge to bring the target back to square and just live with the fact that the mechanism itself is slightly cantered and shimmed but squared up it's basically reached its lean limit and will sit square with a shim in place...

I did this before I had the anti-sway bracket in and it worked perfectly.

My target came from the factory with a slight overlay on the rail and I felt it was a solid shot and felt really good out of the box but then I got to reading on here how it should be and when I centered it without any railing position it felt spongy it was very difficult to make

Long story short I went back to what works versus what is supposed to work now over time that target may get beat up on that edge, but if that's the worst that happens oh well I'll just get a new one if needed.. but so far it doesn't appear to be wearing or being cut by the rail at all

#12138 2 years ago

100% my thoughts on this. Will try the shim.
Was just worried that a washer will might short the target up and be close the entire time...

Just for clarification, with the playfield up, you are putting the washer under the top screw of the target to the playfield bracket, so that with the playfield down, it’s on the side of the target closest to the player, which does lower the end slightly but it makes the target sit even just above the playfield with proper clearance

#12147 2 years ago

100% my thoughts on this. Will try the shim.
Was just worried that a washer will might short the target up and be close the entire time...

As promised here are my photos, sorry about the glare, Invisiglass hasn't shipped yet...

This is with the anti sway installed and no shim

A well placed shot feeds the ramp perfectly... I'm about 6.9 to 7.0 degrees on playfield angle

20220224_003121 (resized).jpg20220224_003121 (resized).jpg20220224_003152 (resized).jpg20220224_003152 (resized).jpg

#12174 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

This is driving me crazy. My orbit shots won’t make it up the right lift ramp to be able to hit disco loops. The ball goes up about halfway and then rolls back down. It appears that the ramp is dropping in-time and my game is at 6.8 slope. I’m not sure what the issue is. The ball seems like it has a ton of momentum but is just not making it up. I’m wondering if maybe it’s something with the gate under the chimi truck but I’m not sure what to trouble shoot for. The guide rail doesn’t seem to have any weird bend in it that would be messing it up. Has anyone else had this happen?

So two things easiest first when you say you're at 6.8 degrees where are you taking that measurement from and how... Should be with the torpedo level directly on the play field near the flippers ...you probably know that but just checking..

Secondly if it's a clean shot off the right flipper does it appear to slow down at all under the chimney truck if so that gate might be causing an issue where it's not getting sensed properly... I'd have to look at it to see if there's some kind of a rollover trigger (I'm away from my machine on business) but I would check any switches in a vicinity and see how they're tied to the truck, and also go into the system menu.

You could also try taking the glass off and testing it by hand... The electronic gate under the chimi truck may be interfering just enough to slow down the momentum of the ball

I've only seen it happen maybe a handful of times out of hundreds of games but it's usually when I get a unclean shot and it rattles around

#12180 2 years ago

Been trying really hard to connect with this game and can’t.
Find it forces me to throw shots on the fly often and it is MB intensive sometimes.
Ugh. I am trying really to enjoy playing it but it is just not happening.
There are only 2 games that did this to me so quickly and I currently own them both, the other one is GB.
I cant enjoy them, they are just not what I like.
Do I need to see a dr? Lol

Yes, lol, it's seriously one of the most fun pins I have...I mean SW for speed, JP for technical shooting, Godzilla for the everything, Guns for the spectacle, Walking Dead for the frustration, and DP for the pure fun...

I mean the orbit alone on the disco loops is the best orbit in pinball, plus the snikt shot and combining it all for crazy stacking, so many different strategies to attack it from...A + for me

#12184 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Gomez games dont get the love they deserve when it comes to flow. He is pretty dang good at it. Corvette, Johnny Mnemonic, Deadpool, etc are all flowy games. It should feel good to hit stuff on the fly. Have you hit the super skill shot or the MXV skill shot yet? Man if those don't feel good.... Maybe you and the game just aren't meant for each other...

Agreed, the MXV shot is so awesome, it's like a perfect golf or baseball swing, you just know it feels good when you make it.. and getting in the rhythm of on the fly shots, especially on the orbits or mini orbits feel so darn good on this game... I make the Katana more smoothly if I'm not aiming specifically for it and just try to get the timing down...Unlike games like star wars where the speed just overwhelms the ball eventually, DP seems to have the ball better pacing

#12213 2 years ago

Simple add on..

Plastic magnetic off Amazon

20220301_214142 (resized).jpg20220301_214142 (resized).jpg

20220301_214742 (resized).jpg20220301_214742 (resized).jpg

20220302_022226 (resized).jpg20220302_022226 (resized).jpg
#12215 2 years ago

Maybe gaudy overkill but that's the theme of the pin
20220301_221051 (resized).jpg20220301_221051 (resized).jpg

#12227 2 years ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Such a great idea. Funny that no one ever thought of that befor. Love it.
Hope you don't mind if I take it and try to make it a bit better or just diffrent.
[quoted image]

Would love to see what you can do. I like the angled look you have from front viewing

I looked on Amazon for a similar style you have in the drawing, but they only had the ones I bought.

The good thing is they can be moved wherever you want as the magnets are strong and the chromed plastic is light but looks real

#12228 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Wizmod speaker panels came yesterday! Look great! The one thing that scared the hell out of me was the screws holding the Deadpool plate on the top left of the speaker panel weren't Philips head screws, I thought they were at first and where stripped! But turns out after being nervous for about 5 minutes they where torx head screws. WTF! Thankfully I have a set of those , but what the hell.
[quoted image]

Looks great..

I also really love the black premium armor. Now that I have it in person, it just looks right to me. Initially though I would be powder coating this one in red but love how the black sets off the cabinet artwork.

#12236 2 years ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

After 3 Prototypes I got them holding in the grid. No magnets needed. I did not though that I can move them free. But within the grid it is possible to place them wherever you want. Next step get them even better and chrome colored.

Those look fantastic. The Offset angle is what really sets them off...I tried doing that with the magnet one's originally but only get the straight vertical view...seeing the crosssection is definitely the way to go. Plus they match the Hooked on Pinball Pop star bumper caps.

Chrome will look amazing..

I bet a candy chromed red or blue would look pretty cool as well

#12240 2 years ago

So I upgraded my premium speakers to Kenwood KFC-1366S 4 ohm speakers... Sounded awesome

Then I thought, oops, forgot to change the ohms to 4 ohms...

Well, now it sounds like mud... Much reduced volume, voices and call outs muted... Over all crap....

Switched back to 8 and presto... Instant upgraded quality...

So what is the consensus on damaging the amp if I leave them at 8 ohms? What do the LEs come set to by default and is the wiring somehow different in the premiums?

These are the same speakers the LEs use from what I read, just can't believe how bad they sound at 4 ohms...

Any suggestions

Thanks all

#12242 2 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

i’m an audiophile and i’ve found that sometimes speakers open up a little and sound better with use. also, different sometimes sounds better (or worse) because its not what we’re used to. maybe try it for a couple weeks at 4 and see what happens as your ear adjusts. for now if it sounds quiet turn it up a little. also try futzing with the eq and see if you can get a sound you like on the 4 ohm setting. maybe brighten it up a little by bumping the higher frequencies if it sounds muddy.

Yeah I’m definitely gonna have to take a look at it I was throwing the system together with the speaker Light kit..and only had a chance to try it briefly…Definitely gonna have to mess with the EQ…Unfortunately I’m out of town on business now for a couple days so it’s gonna bug me until I can get back and monkey with it…I guess technically running 8 ohms Through the four ohm speakers is potentially damaging if the volume gets cranked too hard I seem to remember people getting their LES with a default setting of 8 ohms even though they had four ohm speakers…I wonder if there’s a different EQ profile that comes standard in the LE software version

#12245 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route
The OP of this thread has been testing speakers setups, maybe he or some of the other posters can shed some light. I have been following his thread and prepping for the day my Deadpool finally arrives, and now i want to know the answer to your question. I hope they are able to help.
-Lb

OK I read through that entire thread and rather than trying to make the best out of a spike equalizer and lack of onboard amplifier power to drive 4 ohm speakers properly…I decided to go with the new PinWoofer DIY Solution since it uses the factory wiring…I’m not An audiophile but I do want some good quality and didn’t wanna risk trying various amplifiers and clean power solutions only to wind up with Buzzing and distortion……I already have a line out using An external sub and planning on running the pinnovator line out in tandem with the PinWoofer to control the cab and back box speakers being driven off the PinWoofer amp. I just don’t want to risk running at 8 ohms on a 4 ohm speaker and damage something on the spike board.

I probably should have just got the entire PinWoofer solution to begin with but I wanted the Kenwood “look”…so ..I have the full setup on my GnR and it sounds amazing.

#12266 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I just posted my most recent mod for Deadpool Pro / Prem / LE in the Pinside shop. I wanted to create something that enhanced the diverter for the orbit and the airball protector for the left ramp. The bullets are custom made replicas of .50 cal bullets with gold-colored casings and copper hollow points. The baseplate is textured metallic red that closely resembles Deadpool's suit. The inserts are laser cut and recessed in the baseplates. I am absolutely loving this game and wanted to make something that fit right in with the theme. The diverter cover or airball cover can each be purchased individually for $45 or can be purchased as a set for $85 ($5 discount for ordering the set). I currently have 50 diverter covers and 50 airball covers built and ready to ship. I included some picture below along with an install video that covers all versions (Pro/Prem/LE). Feel free to let me know if you have any questions.
Pinside Shop Link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1368-hurryuppinball/06614-deadpool-ramp-and-diverter-cover-mods-pro-prem-le
Install Video:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Outstanding work Craig!

Hey one suggesting, since you have a cover over the up down ramp on the prem/le, that is a point where too much velocity causes the ball to skip over the Katana from time to time... Any thoughts about incorporating a small deflector under it to allow for smooth flow .. For now, I have a metal post in place and it eliminates the ball escaping the Katana completely, but it does slow down momentum just a hair when the call really gets going, but it allows me to keep doing the orbits.... So there's a rub, either live with the faster ball, escaping the Katana on the 3rd or 4th orbit, or slow it down/deflect slightly...

Not sure if this is something you'd want to tackle or not, just throwing it out there

With that said, love your creativity and mod...I thought I was done modding my DP Premium...I thought wrong.. Order being placed soon

20220317_190836 (resized).jpg20220317_190836 (resized).jpg
#12268 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

let me see if I can replicate that issue. I have not seen it yet but imagine how annoying that could be. I imagine it is up there with the left orbit ball kickout on Stranger Things. I built 12 prototypes to try and fix that one and am still trying (failed STh prototype below). I wonder if there is a way to incorporate a one way gate to clean up the ball and slow it a bit on that DP shot without slowing it down too much. Thanks for the feedback as well. I am really enjoying the new laser cutter / etcher and have a million ideas rolling around in my head on what to do with it. [quoted image]

Awesome, thanks Craig,

I've only seen it when I get in a groove and keep getting that left orbit shot and it gets faster and faster and faster usually when I'm going for disco loops... Eventually the speed hits that rubber stopper and it propels it out of the diverter just with enough force to skip over the katana guide lanes and it messes up the flow

1 week later
#12288 2 years ago

Used a Comet Sunlight White 10 SMD Frosted Matrix strip connected to the GI

These translucents were tricky, they had a hair too much of a shelf which would cause them to remain up when struck hard sometimes, had to grind the rest stop ever so slightly but they work perfectly now.

20220328_151808 (resized).jpg20220328_151808 (resized).jpg20220328_155102 (resized).jpg20220328_155102 (resized).jpg20220328_155039 (resized).jpg20220328_155039 (resized).jpg
#12298 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Mezel has a light kit that has a mount so there's no grinding and a red light instead of white. Regardless I highly recommend lighting up the drops as that area is rather dark. Also Comet has spot light kits that are very nice to brighten up things [quoted image]

The grinding wasn't for the light, it was for the Translucent drops that sit on the shelf (I have since changed the install method and changed springs, see below)...I got the food from the Ministry of Pinball and the little nub on the back sticks out too much when on the ledge, causing them not to drop when struck hard by the ball, ground them down maybe a millimeter and they work perfectly now

***Update*** I changed the drop springs to Bally/Williams 10-364 springs and they work perfectly as is with no grinding... Should have done this in the first place

I like the Sunlight White vs the red and I have the Comet kit for a single pair of spots shining into the middle...I changed out all my bulbs to the Sunlight White Deadpool Comet kit versus the red which IMHO washes all the colors out of the playfield

#12299 2 years ago

This shows the lighting for the comet kit with white sunrise translucent drops in for lil Deadpool

It's hard to really capture the colors in a pic though

It's not this overblown or bright

20220329_225659 (resized).jpg20220329_225659 (resized).jpg20220329_225436 (resized).jpg20220329_225436 (resized).jpg20220329_225409 (resized).jpg20220329_225409 (resized).jpg20220329_225710 (resized).jpg20220329_225710 (resized).jpg

#12310 2 years ago
Quoted from drwicket:

Anyone know if the illuminated combo pack is ever going to come back in stock at mezel mods? Or anyone know where I can get it somewhere else?
[quoted image]

Just get the translucents separately and then the comet smd strip, simple DIY...I would also upgrade the springs to the older bally version as the translucent plastic as a tendency to remain standing with hard impacts
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/drop-target-stern-p-48.html?osCsid=390clid0ha5sr73c52tacasvh0

#12316 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

So walked into GameStop and purchased a Deadpool mystery box….. Paid off. Let’s just say lil’ Deadpool has company.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Unfortunately that placement is directly blocking the spot from Dazzler on the Disco Ball

1 week later
#12345 2 years ago

Just get the translucents separately and then the comet smd strip, simple DIY... The ministry of pinball has clear targets

#12357 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I love focusing my money on lights and sound but haven't upgraded sound yet. Can you tell me what kind of difference in sound I can get by changing out the speakers but not Amp?

I replaced my speakers with Kenwood 5 1/2 ( LE versions) ..I already had an external sub hooked up. Right away, I noticed an improvement in clarity, sound and music. I then forgot, whoops, I didn't set my ohms in the settings, so I switched to 4 ohms, which the speakers are rated for and it sounded like crap, not just a lower gain volume, but a worse presence and sound stage. So I started doing all the research if I would blow my Stern amp by running at 8 ohm with 4 ohm speakers... Seems that the DSP and the way the setting is on the Stern board isn't necessarily setting an ohms output to match the speakers. In the meantime, I installed a DIY pinwoofer amp in the backbox which also made a difference and the ability to dial in the sound separation. Switched back to the 8ohm setting...

My friends Black Knight LE shipped from the factory with the kenwoods and 8 ohm setting even though the speaker is 4..

To contrast, I put only the upgraded Kenwoods in my Star Wars with the external sub and yes, there is marked improvement.

Now, this is not going to be audiophile sounds upgrade... It is pinball after all and the output is only as good as the source material.

I originally did the upgrade for the 5 1/2 inch Speaker light upgrade on a premium to give it that LE look, the sound upgrade was a bonus.

When you start getting into the minutia of sound you're going to get all kinds of opinions from audiophiles about dialing in and perfection but if you just want a look to match the LE versions without breaking the bank and don't want to spend on external amps, simply upgrading the back box speakers with an external sub will do the trick... and to my ears it sounds incredible. The DIY pinwoofer amp is a great bonus for the speaker amp setup as you can add this after you have it set up if you really want more control for the soundstage

When my Godzilla comes in I've got the flaming speaker light kit upgrade so I didn't opt for the bigger 5 and 1/2 in and I'll just put the 4-in kickers on since they're going to be hidden behind the speaker wall... I may add the DIY pinwoofer amp to that config
20220329_225710 (resized).jpg20220329_225710 (resized).jpg20220324_150314 (resized).jpg20220324_150314 (resized).jpg20220324_200451 (resized).jpg20220324_200451 (resized).jpg

#12362 2 years ago

PinWoofer , thanks for the comparison. Have many of your products and they and the support are outstanding as always!

#12379 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Has anyone had their ball go sdtm after the mini Deadpool lock releases the ball? My game is at 7.0 and even side to side. The ball is in the right corner of mini Deadpool and when the drop targets drop to release it, it goes sdtm.
Also, my drop targets there don't always go down if they are hit hard dead on. Anyone have these issues and have fixed them?
My apologies if this has been addressed, but my search skills fail, apparently.

Drop targets have had this issue for a while, what makes the Deadpool ones worse is that the targets are close to getting direct and hard shots.. You can play with the shelf with shims and filing the nubs on the target backs all day and drive yourself crazy as I've done. Shave too much and the targets won't stay up, shim too much and they become bricks and don't drop

You can also reduce the flipper power a little but I can still brick them at 235 power.. And then the game doesn't play as snappy

I'm scraping the shim/file method for new springs

I'm trying the stronger springs that Pinball Life sells for the Ghostbusters Scolari Brothers targets...

My theory is, the stronger springs will help pull the target quicker when struck hard. I think what's happening is the rebound from a hard shot is causing the targets to come back to the shelf before the factory springs have a chance to pull the target down

I'll see if these work. I'm using them on translucent drops similar in material to the factory ones

As far as your SDTM drains... Are you measuring side to side level at the flippers, midpoint, and backfield.. I know my floor is uneven, even in a new construction home and it's amazing what 2 get can do to side to side leveling.

#12419 1 year ago

I’ve had great success with the Pin Monk fans on my Deadpool premium…Prior to install I was getting some heat issues on the left flipper mostly…where I would get consistently missed Snikt shots, or the katana became increasingly Tougher to nail…. after installing the fans 100% success …no fading at all …consistent shots… I’ve got them on GNR Deadpool premium and soon to be my Godzilla premium most likely gonna put them on Jurassic Park…I like to play long sessions by myself and the repeated games definitely have fade over time without the fans

#12427 1 year ago

*2 Second hack for stopping ball from overshooting Katana ramp from up/down return diverter on Premium/LE

You’ve probably been there doing the disco loops and getting into a nice groove and rhythm and the ball keeps going faster and faster and before you know it you’ve got so much momentum you’re sliding off the katana ramp and there goes your streak…

So you’ve searched for fixes and mods, put in posts and deflector mods…

Here’s a super quick fix that is 99.999% guaranteed to work …simply flip the rubber stop button and reverse plug the hole so that the smaller button that holds the flatter portion is now facing the ball approach on the diverter Ramp…So you should be seeing the flat portion facing the player and the smaller nub of the button Facing inside the ramp

What it essentially does is provide a nice little rebound without the flat bounce (ala Snikt effect) deflection off and over the katana ramp without slowing the ball down.

My game is set at about 6.9 to 7° and this has worked like a champ. Hope it works and helps you out as well

#12429 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Mine is from the latest batch and has a metal wall stopping it from going off the side of the katana ramp. Is this a new add they did or has it always been there?

Mine has the wall as well but it's a little too low from where the ball will exit with enough speed

#12450 1 year ago
Quoted from drwicket:

My game is almost complete. Just waiting for the translucent drop targets to be back in stock and I’ll install the backlit piece. Also need to fix the colossus figure. He is just temporary zip tied to the old plastic.
[quoted image]

Okay, I'm going to make a separate thread eventually but I'll address this here as I just went through this and will save you HOURS of wasted time and frustration. I have these DIY translucent target mods on my Deadpool Premium, Star Wars Premium, and Walking Dead LE

Disclosure: I have no affiliation to or with the products I'm endorsing

1. Order your Stern Translucent drops from here: (They are the best ones available I have tested, don't bother with ANY others, I'll save you that frustration)

https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/catalog/product/view/id/7791/s/milky-clear-stern-drop-target-545-6305-00/

2. Get these drop replacement springs from Pinball Life

https://www.pinballlife.com/ghostbusters-scoleri-brothers-drop-target-spring-fix-kit.html

They are originally for the Ghostbusters drop target fix but serve the same purpose here. The concept is they are the same width but shorter, and thus provide more tension. Like Ghostbusters, Deadpool also has drops close to the flippers and with a direct hit, especially with the stronger translucent targets, you will get Drops that stay up and rebound the ball. These springs help pull the targets down regardless of flipper power and direct hits.

3. Make sure to use acrylic paint or nail polish to cover the optic tabs to help the sensors recognize the target position, otherwise you'll get resets... This is different than the bricking issue the spring changes solve.
20220328_155039 (resized).jpg20220328_155039 (resized).jpg20220328_155102 (resized).jpg20220328_155102 (resized).jpg20210912_122235 (resized).jpg20210912_122235 (resized).jpg20220314_214610 (resized).jpg20220314_214610 (resized).jpg20220314_214637 (resized).jpg20220314_214637 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220314-220608_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220314-220608_Photos (resized).jpg

#12458 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Unfortunately they have 1 drop target left in stock and their supplier doesn’t have them in stock any longer!

Rats

#12459 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

And the drop target decals?

I used an exacto razor and carefully slid under the old ones, then applied alcohol swab to new targets and a little bit of glue stick glue, press on and let dry.. was good after about 30 minutes

#12462 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I want to add a problem with some clear drops is read through opacity where the drops are too clear. You get constant resets not due to springs. In this case you can mask off the upper 2/3 of the target and spray the bottom black.

Correct, resets are from opacity bleed through. I use acrylic black paint,. 2 coats on each side of the tab. Works perfect

The resistance to drop and bricking rebounds on hard shots are due to either a misaligned target shelf or weak springs. Sometimes, the ball hits with such force, the target rebounds to the shelf before the spring can pull it... It's a delicate balance.

I would really love to see an engineering redesign of drop targets across the board...I love them, but less games are coming out utilizing them at all

#12523 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

I am curious for those with the spotlights. I bought the 4 spot kit from Comet and no doubt it is great, however air balls can hit those causing LEDs to pop out mid game. Glue would certainly help keep those snug but I digress. Has anyone reduced the number of spots they used?
When I had 4 (2 on each sling) I found the ones pointed towards the flipper area were not really needed so I removed them. Perhaps my trough lite helps but I don't think it helped that much. After this change I was still finding air balls were popping lights out and 95% of the time it was on the left side to I removed that too. I am down to just 1 spot on the right sling pointed at the middle of the playfield and it seems to do the trick and I rarely have a bulb escape.
Does anyone else have any non-standard spot setups on their Deadpool? I think I have seen a photo of Zombie Yeti's where he has a single spotlight on the left flush with the plastic (ie: not raised). That seems ripe for ball interference but I haven't tried it.

I run a ring of hot glue around the bulb, then press it into the reflector cone and hold about 10 seconds...does no damage...can be removed later with a little force, looks clean, and keeps a solid contact connection. I think the OPMAX bulbs work best for DP and I only use one spot per sling. The pics below are from the SunLight Comets replacing the entire factory GI red bulbs andusing 2 OPMAX spots...no Pin stadiums and you can see the entire playfield very well
20220329_225436 (resized).jpg20220329_225436 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-04-28 214857 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-04-28 214857 (resized).jpg

#12596 1 year ago
Quoted from pineal:

thanks for this fooflighter. works great! i had stuck a little piece of foam on with blue tack. your tweak plays identical and i never have to check to see if it fell off.

Glad to hear it's working!

#12721 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Agreed, it looks amazing

Agreed !!! Lucxor Handle is THE katana king - no mismatched printing errors or glued weird stuff like in other handles

Screenshot 2022-05-10 060642 (resized).jpgScreenshot 2022-05-10 060642 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#13201 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

The MXV skillshot is possibly the GREATEST SKILLSHOT EVER!
No really, it's sooooooo satisfying! Just like the Ninjapocalypse combo being the best combo ever. Amazing... what other combo gives you that level of feedback awesomeness...???

The orbits on DP Premium/LE are phenomenal, top in its class

#13211 1 year ago

Bricking drop targets fix:

So I replaced my targets with translucents, but they were bricking before and after replacement after hard shots even with factory black plastic drops

After much experimenting here's what I did:

1. Much like the coil stops that fall apart quickly with Stern NIB... I found the shelf of the drop target mech, the plastic ledge that keeps the targets up, was chewed up pretty good. I replaced it with a Pinball Life one.

2. I also added the Ghost Buster target spring fix to all the drops, which essentially is just a stronger drop spring.

3. I also added a drop of super lube where the targets had been lubed by the factory... You can see the lube in the channel that the washers run in which hold the targets in place.. go very lightly here

All these fixes have fixed my bricking full speed shots by 95%. I still get the occasional one but it's rare. I also use PinMonks flipper coil cooler fans on my DP premium and have turned the power down to my 250 from 255 in order to not overpower the shots... Yes, it's possible to do this with the fans
20220328_155039 (resized).jpg20220328_155039 (resized).jpg

#13224 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'd go down even a bit further on flipper power. I think mine are at 240. Of course the most important thing is that the snikt shot is still achievable. Stock power setting is a bit much...
Rob

I had mine at 240 which made the Snikt better, but the rest of the game felt just a little off

The orbits shot a little clunkier mainly. I may do some more tweaking and bring that left one down just a tad...it's a strange balance, you'd think higher would cause the Snikt to fly up the ramp, but it puts so much spin on the ball it comes back down

1 week later
#13356 1 year ago
Quoted from kell:

Waited almost a year and finally got my DP.
Foam insert missing and it matters.
[quoted image][quoted image]

oof, did the outside of the box have damage...

I would have refused honestly since it's NIB

But if you're handy, you could mask off the area, apply bondo filler, sand, prime, paint and be done with it

#13357 1 year ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Two questions:
1. What is the recommended flipper strength for this game? Is factory default too strong, or not strong enough?
2. When I shoot the ball through the katana lock shot and it doesn't make it all the way, it rolls down the lane and then always straight down the middle. Seems overly punishing. Do I just need to nudge and save it, or is it a leveling issue?

I'm using Pinmonk's fans and with those installed had to definitely turn down the flipper power. It's the tradeoff for having no coil heat fading

I found that at 6.9 - 7.0 degrees playfield, that 145 works perfectly on both with the coil fan coolers. Not too overpowering for Snikt shot rejects but way fast enough for lightning fast orbits in both directions and Katana locks, while also cutting the Drop target rejects to 0

I also replace my coil stops from Stern before I even play the 1st ball...the factory are notorious for being trash

1 week later
#13424 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

How does this art style differ from other recent Zombie Yeti games such as Avengers or Godzilla? I don't doubt there is a difference but I have not paid too close of attention.

I have my GZ right next to my DP and I have to say, DP is in a class all by itself. The art on that pin is just perfect, probably the best art package in pinball to date IMHO

2 weeks later
#13547 1 year ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Took delivery of a NIB Premium today and everything is great apart from the disco ball - absolutely shocking quality given the price of the machine. It’s incredibly uneven, soft to the touch and pieces are hanging off:
[quoted image]
Does anyone sell higher quality replacements?

So... Mine came with some missing pieces and flat spots but not terrible... Stern warranty replaced with new ball after a 7 month wait.. Yep 7 months... however

The metal hollow post that goes through the ball was not included, the ball is styrofoam and not pre-holed..and when I tried to line up the north and south poles of the ball to accommodate the hollow shaft from my old ball, I realized the new ball was completely lopsided and actually worse than my first one...

I then went online and searched Amazon for 2 inch disco balls.. now I'm not accusing Stern of pulling a cake topper JJP move... But the balls online look identical to the DP balls, and I wouldn't be surprised

I may just order a pack of 12 and have some spares...

https://www.amazon.com/Decoration-Hanging-Ornament-Christmas-Decorations/dp/B07ST1RKBD/ref=mp_s_a_1_6

1 week later
#13649 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Hello, I have a question hoping someone can help.
I have a Deadpool premium and I've noticed on about 50% of the shots the little deadpool targets when hit hard won't drop. I did a test and if I tap them with my finger they go down all the time. It seems that maybe if it's hit too hard.. the impact keeps them up and doesn't let the spring pull them down.. Not sure exactly what's going on but I'm hoping someone else noticed this and has a fix I can implement.
Thanks for the help in advance.

Get a new ledge from pinball life.. it's the plastic piece that holds the drop targets in place also replace the springs on the targets with the Ghostbusters target fix ones from coin taker I think, and then put a small drop of Super lube in the washer channel in the back of each Target...I did all of these fixes when I was putting my translucent targets on and now I'd say 95% of the time, my Target's drop, even with rocket shots... I did turn down my flipper power to about 245 also since I'm using fans on my coils, I can make the snikt shots and the orbits the same andeverything is super fast... just slightly less power so ass not to brick the drops

1 week later
#13691 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Hello quick question. I'm trying to replace the POSTS around the little Deadpool targets as I've seen on this forum that they wear out quickly.
I just can't figure out the right size.
Is it Post Sleeve - Standard?
[quoted image]
Or is it Post Sleeve - Stern Slim Tapered?
[quoted image]
One last thing, I don't like that Deadpool has blue Rubber Posts on the ramps. Has anyone ever changed these to Black to go with the Theme.. Is there a reason Stern went with Blue which matches nothing on the playfield.
I'd like to change mine to black without painting them, curious if someone can provide a link of where I can get them.
Below is a picture of my playfield, I circled in Yellow where the Blue Rubber posts are. Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

I normally go with slim taper competition silicone Titans on the posts of all my games but let me make a suggestion for Deadpool, my machine shoots blisteringly fast, as do most Deadpools I've played and the Titan posts wear out very quickly. I put Superbands on the posts (especially at the lil Deadpool target entrance) and they have held up perfectly

#13693 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Thanks, I'll take your advice.. Do you have a like to where I can buy these posts.. thanks.

Sure thing

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=superbands&S_CAT1=RUBB-SLEEVE&VIEW_SIZE=12&VIEW_INDEX=1&view=card&sortOrder=SortKeywordRelevancy

Here's a pic of them on mine

20220801_002804 (resized).jpg20220801_002804 (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20220801-003950_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220801-003950_Photos (resized).jpg
#13700 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Thank you for the link. I just placed an order.. Now if someone has an idea of where I can get the black pads instead of the default blue one that would be gravy.. I'm genuinely curious why they put blue one on this pin when it's clear Black would have been the way to go.

I have never ordered from this site ..they don't carry the part number for Deadpool but posting
Just for reference

https://worldwidepinball.com/product-category/playfield-rubbers/

#13702 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

You know what, I just realized I should reach out to stern to get the part numbers.. I'm sure they have alternative color in black as black is so common for a pin.. great idea.. thanks.

Okay I just looked it up in the manual.

The part number is 626-5067-00

#13715 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Just so you know.. I called Pinball life and spoke with the great Scott Danesi there that's a good of mine. He told me that unfortunately they don't sell this part in any other color but blue. It's kind of the standard color to use, I could swap it out for something similar but the fit won't be the same and it might affect the ball movement. He also said it's Vinyl material so you can't paint it, dye it or anything but just live with it. Just wanted to share this with you all incase you also where thinking about swapping just for the color. I'll just tell myself, it's actually any other color but blue, so don't be upset at the blue color to make me feel better.

Thanks, I actually like the blue on my Premium, so I use blue sleeve posts as well to match, like the contrast it provides with the red

Thanks for the research

#13717 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

I noticed that in your screen shot the other day, and your post just now makes me think of this from Billy Madison. I think you just passed Kindergarten! [quoted image]

It's an excellent blue duck!

3 weeks later
#13890 1 year ago
Quoted from hodgesm0:It won’t fit standing, I haven’t put it in yet, but my idea is to have her sitting on the katana handle and have her legs straddle where the balls come out

2 weeks later
#13979 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Take a look at these beauties!
These HALOGRAPHIC PRO's from Precision Pinball Products 1956PINHEAD are the Coolest things ever!!! [quoted image][quoted image]

Those look really good. I have some solids coming for my SW and already have them on my GnR.

How does it flip? I've already turned the power down on my DP Premium with the coil fans on, so I'm guessing a further reduction in power with these installed ?

Love the fact that the art is exposed. The more Zombie Yeti, the better!

#13992 1 year ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

I can't remember where, and I'm paraphrasing, but George mentioned in an interview or podcast that the Colossus shot is like a "bonus" shot. That there was just enough room under that ramp to sneak in another shot, and that it's going to be pretty clunky.
I think that's why the only mode that depends on it is the Sauron jackpot, which doesn't prevent progressing in the game if you can't hit it.

Yep, it was also in reference to the blue rubber nubs. Without those, the shot wouldn't exist he said due to the lane width.

1 month later
#14181 1 year ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

This machine needs to have an ending animation for when you complete Mister Sinister 3, it is very disappointing to complete the machine and automatically start from the beginning without seeing even if it seals a single ending animation or a small story at the end. It is a very cold ending and there is no incentive to do it again....a pity.....

Latest 1.08 code added new animations I thought…

F6AF7E45-A485-4763-B3D5-FBC45C767A03 (resized).jpegF6AF7E45-A485-4763-B3D5-FBC45C767A03 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#14258 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Short answer: They are being hit that the edge pop back and back in place before gravity has a chance to drop it.
Fix one: buy GB springs, they are stronger and pull a little faster.
Fix two: very fine and careful file of the edge of the drop edge.
Fix thre: Time, over time they will break in a little and fall better.

Also to add to the above fixes:

Try a new drop target ledge from Pinball life, I’ve found those to work better than stock sterns

Turn down flipper power just slightly until you have a good balance of solid but not too hard of a shot

Clean the washer channel on the back of the drop, this can become gummed up over time and cause hangouts, also consider adding a small, and I mean barely a drop of superlube to that washer channel in the drop target, wipe any excess, they come from the factory lubed slightly and can get grimy over time

Replace the drop if it is warped or file down any imperfections on the edge (careful, too much and they won’t stay up)

Make sure the assembly is not loose, screws, attachment points, springs etc..

3 weeks later
#14368 1 year ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Having the same issue. What is the correct Titan sleeve replacement size for these?[quoted image]

I use Titans on everything BUT on these 2 posts. I actually use Superbands posts sleeves here. They take less wear over time and stand up to the close up abuse DP delivers in this area

20220801_002743 (resized).jpg20220801_002743 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#14496 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Anyone know what this part is. Came off on playfield when playing . Some where by left upper .
[quoted image]

Goes under one of your ramps..use mirror to see which one...requires some disassembly to reattach... See this post for location and post above for other location
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/259#post-6941122

Also this referencing George Gomez response

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/259#post-6941767

1 month later
#14602 1 year ago
Quoted from BirdForce1:

I have about 1400 plays on my DP pro. My right flipper isn’t micro flipping consistently now. Is this possibly a coil going bad or else?

Most likely a leaf spring needs adjustment on your flipper. If you have a tool it's super easy to correct. Chances are too much force is being applied from the tension adjuster furthest away from the button, which is in turn holding the contact closed still while you try to microflip. You could pull this with you fingers just slightly away and test and retest, looking for the contact to just be broken as you start to release the button...There is no exact science to this once you bend them from factory and is very much a trial and error thing.

2 weeks later
#14651 1 year ago
Quoted from golfergordy:

There's a Pinside thread on this subject of the Stern auto plunger problem: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-auto-plunger-problems
I've read it and there doesn't seem to be any universally agreed upon solution. No one suggested the shimming solution I've found so I posted it in the thread and one guy who apparently has been struggling with this problem stated that he would try it, but hasn't yet posted his results. My post here #16462 didn't include a pic so I'm including one now, to show where I placed the washers (black arrows). Before shimming, I first tried adjusting the prongs, as you allude to, w/o success. Shimming the auto plunger ass'y with washers immediately worked and still works fine 2-weeks later. The red arrow in the pic shows where I placed a sheet metal screw to replace the Stern threaded stud which I broke tightening the nut while reattaching the auto plunger ass'y after inserting the washer shims. I think the Stern threaded studs are easily broken when tightening the nut, so be warned not to tighten very much.
[quoted image]

I usually just use needle nose pliars to either space or slightly bend each prong so that it makes full contact throughout the rotation of travel of the actuator (This is important and I measure by rolling the actuator manually - with the power off- and making sure each side contacts the ball at the same time and to the same extent). If you're shimming the actuator assembly, you're probably imparting some spin or english to the ball as well, which may help it go around but it's probably losing speed and or changing the dynamic path the ball should take as intended off the rails. If you squeeze the prongs together slightly with a needle nose, you can restart and adjust as many times as you like (as long as you're not bending too much to weaken the metal) and then insert the pliars between the prongs pulling apart with equal force to widen the gap, or bending each one individually.

This technique also helps bring the ball closer to the manual plunger and assists with manual plunger power by sitting the ball lower in the shooter lane closer to the rod tip.

1 month later
#14774 12 months ago
Quoted from RxGolfer:

I have a premium coming from this July's run and was looking for opinions. I've seen several pictures on this thread, but curious what people's thoughts were on the Stern vs. Tilt Graphics art blades. With the premium having a predominantly blue cabinet, curious what people thought of the red vs. mostly blue art blades.
Also, being an older game does this have apron lights? If not, anyone add them?
Thanks for any feedback.

Honestly, this is one game where mirror blades make the game look amazing, and also provide a lighting boost together with changing the lighting to Comet Sunlights instead of the washed out reds...really makes the Yeti art shine

20220208_152747 (Large) (resized).jpg20220208_152747 (Large) (resized).jpg
1 week later
#14827 11 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

No mistake, yeah that’s me, I’ll be revealing this coming Friday, the mods evolved a lot from my original idea, which was to make the disco lightshow better and enhance the scoop so it grabbed your attention more than the single flasher does from factory. The amount of times I had a mode and multiball running and could have hit the scoop for a quicker final blow
I’ll share a little info now though, I’ve been working with swinks and stumblor, so the design and interaction is first class which is a given when you’ve got these two guys involved. As a result of that I’ve been able to refine the physical design and make it sing and dance in a lot more ways than just a scoop/disco light enhancement.
Whether or not I get the full disco upgrade out with the scoop mod I’ll know closer to Friday as I’ve been hit with delays and shifting timelines about due to the wife spending the later half of last year in and out of hospital from about August onwards.
So it may come in two parts, a main mod and a small add on. I’ve currently got my discoball lightshow reflecting around my game room, where as factory its pretty much contained in the top left corner, so it’s a big improvement for sure. I tried a tonne of things but the biggest problem with Deadpool is the lack of places to hide lamps, even tried a laser or anything for that matter, it’s all very open and exposed with every inch of the playfield used for shots, so the scoop mod allows for additonal light sources to be hidden while looking factory.
This coming Friday I’ll reveal all though, Deadpool deserves some serious mod love, it got overlooked a little with a lack of enhancing mods.

Can't wait!!!!

#14829 11 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thank you brother, appreciate the positive words. The wife’s not been too well this week and we had some bad news from the surgeon Tuesday but hopefully today we have those issues addressed and I can get the disco enhancement finished today/tonight.

Oh man, positive vibes out your way..family first...we can wait

6 months later
#15605 4 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Yeah, I agree and I also agree that pro is better with stand up targets..
It’s funny, I was hitting the snikt like crazy when I first got my game and now 500 players later it’s only going halfway up the ramp and down so I’m going to clean the ramp in the area around the shop to make it smooth or hopefully it will help
I don’t understand how some people online can hit that shot consistently every time

Also check your coil stops, I've had many a stern coil stop fail almost within the first week. I change them out now before putting ball one into play on a new game. You may have lost a lot of power right there. In addition, waxing the playfield and ramp (yep the metal ramp too) with carnuba (blitz wax) makes for a nice fast Snikt filled game

#15607 4 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Here is a picture of my target positioning. Thank you for the help. Is this look correct?[quoted image][quoted image]

It looks like over time it has swayed a little too much to the left. I wound up getting a Pinball life anti sway bar on mine as my DP Premium didn't have one. I still made sure the left corner lays over the ramp edge slightly though (so mine is not perfectly straight) but if you align it so that it's not on the ramp, there won't be enough snap back from the target to get the ball up the ramp. (At least on my machine at 6.8 degrees playfield angle at the flippers) The ramp provides a stop on the target corner while still allowing the switch to fire and register. Again, this is my game and yours may vary but my Snikt shots do well with my described setup. I also had to power down to 240 from 255 as I have coil fans on my games and they provided consistent fade resistant shots but require slight power reductions depending on the game.

Also to note, you'll be disappointed in every other DP you play on location because yours will be setup perfectly in comparison.

#15608 4 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

It looks like my sniktt position did move up the rail guide I re adjusted it to here and will tighten what’s holds it on bottom. Does this positioning look right?
[quoted image]

That's exactly how I have mine, and don't quote me but I think George Gomez said somewhere this was the correct alignment...Mine came from the factory this way as well and Snikt for days until it swayed

#15611 4 months ago

So I have the gap stated above but if you press the target, the left corner will touch the ramp. I tried it with the glass off hundreds of times when dialing in my game with both adjustments and the method I settled on is what you currently have

#15614 4 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

That helps a TON!! Thank you so much I repositioned mine and snugged it tight underneath now I know the correct positioning… I was wondering why I was hitting the shot like crazy at first and then suddenly I couldn’t hit it lol

Welcome, hope I saved you some frustration. Crazy to think when I first played DP, I didn't care for it much. It is now one of my favorite games ever. Simple to learn but just deep enough rules and amazing layout which keeps you playing over and over. Crazy when I play in tourney's people don't go for the Snikt shot at all as some don't even know it exists, when IMHO it is one of the best shots in the game and even the best in pinball dare I say

#15616 4 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

You have no idea how much you help me by the way I found the link monks post for the bracket and I’m going to order it…
Final pics [quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome, happy Snikt's all day long!!!

#15620 4 months ago
Quoted from glpinball:

People will tell you to change the coil stops immediately but I would wait until you see a problem. I have 2800 plays on my original coil stops and so far flippers work as expected.

I've only had one set from Stern on 6 NIB machines from 2017 to present that hasn't blown gold dust everywhere after 100 or so plays, YMMV, but I just save the aggravation now, don't know why the Stern ones are so crappy compared to the PB life ones but hopefully they upgrade the stock for such a cheap but important piece going forward. Foo Fighters were the latest I had that were probably the best and those lasted about 250 plays before separating and gold dust showers

#15627 4 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Oh my god so you’re saying move again so the black part rests in the guide…. Thanks for info .. I’m going to leave it as it is now as a reference it to pin monks post like four years ago that didn’t show it overlapping the guide at all I’ll see how it plays then can always adjust it in.. if anyone else wants to chime in please do so I changed it five times lol

So that angle in pinmonks post shows it with a slight gap but if you press that Target it just connects with the top edge of the guide rail which I think gives the target some rigidity otherwise it mushes too much and it won't have the energy to rebound the ball at least in my usage of it. It's your machine so you can adjust it how you want to give you the Snikt shot but the ones that I've seen that are too far over on the rail don't have any energy and don't even register the shot since they space the target too far from the switch the ones that are lined up where they're not touching the rail at all are too mushy and you'll barely get any Snikt shots, unless they're dead on... So I think the perfect solution is what you had in the post after you adjusted it the first time I talked to you about it where you had a slight Gap but where it just connected with the top edge of the rail after the target is pressed in a little bit.

#15628 4 months ago

Here, pictures worth a thousand words.

I can get 5x Snikts with this setup... Definitely not a guarantee and the shot is still tricky but I try to aim for the skirt of the closest bumper to the player, but the one to the target and just usually that catches the edge to the target or just shy and it goes up really smooth

20231123_132718 (resized).jpg20231123_132718 (resized).jpg20231123_133226 (resized).jpg20231123_133226 (resized).jpg

#15634 4 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I’m hitting the snickk shot but it seems to want to juggle around or go halfway up the ramp…
Hmmm I’ll try it more at this setup today and purposely try to hit it for a few hours …
Maybe I just suck lol

Here's how I dial it in.

You have the target set. Use your hands and manually hit the target with the glass off over and over. If that's hitting all the way up the ramp, then your Target is good and it's simply a power thing. From here, start at factory 255 and reposition the ball to the flipper by hand and repeatedly try to hit the shot. If you are half ramping still, you may need a target tweak still.. if it's going up and spinning before the curve then coming back down it may be too much power. With a 6.8 playfield, titan rubbers, and fans on my coils, I had to turn my flippers down to 240 to get consistent shots up the ramp. No game is the same, and you have to find out what dials yours in. When you get lost, always go back to factory and change one thing slowly, monitoring the results.

It could also be you are overthinking it with the target and simply need to get better at hitting the shot perfectly. It's not an easy shot and is supposed to be skill based. Too easy and you would blow up the game every time.

Pick an aim point and stick with it. I aim for the closest skirt pop bumper edge, and sometimes it just skims it and hits it.. other times is makes perfect contact with only the target

#15636 4 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I think it’s the latter i just need to get better..
Do you mean take the glass off and manually hit a. Pinball against it ? That would seem hard to do.. I could test if it goes up the ramp by just throwing a ball at it with glass off ?
Thanks again you’re great !

Yep, exactly. Take the glass off and roll the ball at the target over and over .. much much easier to test tweaks on pins manually by hand than shooting with flippers. Once the mech, target, rail or whatever your working on seems right then you can place the ball on the flipper... You can do 100 Snikt shot attempts in a fraction of the time it would take you to play the game and line up the shot each time

#15641 4 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Yeah, I tried what you suggested and it’s almost impossible to roll a ball to test that shot ; I hit it once last game, so I think it’s working fine. It’s just a hard shot for me to hard because I am a beginner. I’ve seen people on YouTube hit it every time the aim for it. Amazing. I may move it a millimeter to the right as you suggested if I don’t get as often hits, I also lowered my flipper power to 140 because I have pin monk fans in them and noticing when I hit the shot it will roll up then back down at the sharp curve

While hand rolling won't be perfect, it'll get you into the ballpark, I used that with success to line up the target first and used flipper placement shots to dial in the power. I dunno, to me it was pretty easy to hand roll it from a foot away over and over on the playfield with my right hand standing on the left side of the cabinet.

I think you meant to say 240 and not 140 and that would be way underpowered as 255 is standard factory.

I love fabrication and finding out these little dial in subtleties of each game and my techniques for figuring them out are trial and error for hours until I get it right. To me that is as just as much fun as the game itself...

#15642 4 months ago

At the end of this, if your still not hitting it, just go back to factory target placement, factory settings for power, make sure it's level both at the top and bottom of the machine from left to right and finally set it to 6.7 to 6.9 deg at the flippers (don't use the Stern bubble) use a digital level on the playfield, not the glass. Practice the shot with the glass off and just keep working on your aim. Also, curious, what kind of flipper rubbers are you using? You may consider low bounce Titan silicone or Superbands to give you better accuracy then return to Titan Competition when better (I hate the Stern black rubber, mars up the playfield with gunk) Are you getting ball hop off the rails to the flipper interrupting your shot aiming?

#15673 4 months ago
Quoted from SiN13:

Hits to the drop targets in front of the Lil Deadpool lockup cause the drop targets to not drop. Seems to happen more frequently with fast/hard hits, mine occurs more often on the far left target. Running theory is the drop target assembly has been installed at the factory too far back towards Lil Deadpool, causing the drop targets to not have enough wiggly room in the playfield cutout to flex back and release in such a short amount of time/distance.
There are a couple solutions I've seen, something with washers or shimming, installing stronger pull down springs, filling and redrilling the playfield holes for the drop target assembly farther forward, file/drill the holes bigger in the metal of the drop target assembly allowing it to scoot forward.
I'm not sure what to go with. I'm probably going to file/drill the holes on the assembly. When I go to put a cliffy protector on this area it's only going to get worse so I'll have to address it.
Here is info on that:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/274#post-7051018

I replaced the entire ledge the drops rest on from pinball life (sterns was chewed up) and added translucents along with running a small amount of super lube on the washer contact points (just to mimic the factory lube that was already on the original drops), I also put the stronger Ghostbuster drop springs (PB life) on along with dialing my power back to 240. No drop rejects at all

20220801_002722 (resized).jpg20220801_002722 (resized).jpg20220801_002743 (resized).jpg20220801_002743 (resized).jpg20220801_002804 (resized).jpg20220801_002804 (resized).jpg20220801_002841 (resized).jpg20220801_002841 (resized).jpg

#15720 4 months ago
Quoted from SiN13:

Ok I took a pass on this, here is what I did and some things noticed during the process.
1. I got a new ledge incase mine needed it but it looked fine. The only thing of note were that the screws that hold it on were all loose and one was half way backed out.
2. I wasn't ready to order the fulll translucent light up kit from Mezel Mods so I thought I'd save myself 5 bucks and get the frosted ones from Pinball Life sooner but those are not the same. The opto tab is in a different position and the front face of the target is not tapered. Oh well, these might end up on Indiana Jones some day.
3. I did go through and put a small dab of super lube anywhere metal touched the plastic of the drop targets.
4. Put on the Ghostbusters pull down springs.
5. Power is dialed down as well since I just put on Precision Flippers, but I may need to tweak that some more.
I still need to put some more games on it to see if all this helps, I'm hopeful.

So about the target tightening. I find it best to remove the target from the underneath of the playfield and use a very long nut driver that gives a lot of torque, and using my other hand hold the target snug and really crank it down...reattach to the underside and good to go. I haven't had a target come loose at all since I've been tightening my brackets this way. A little extra work, but you just get that extra tightening power and control you can't while the target is screwed into the playfield.

2 months later
#16022 63 days ago

Okay where is this mod being sold? Just got a notification for stumblor Davey and Rob's podcast "in before the lock" and this is pictured in the promo

Take my money

Screenshot 2024-02-12 151052 (resized).pngScreenshot 2024-02-12 151052 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.99
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fooflighter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=fooflighter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.