(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnyfalcon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9850 2 years ago

Any Deadpool owners here that also have a Tron? Looking for opinions or preferences.

I’ve been lusting for a DP Prem for some time now. I wasn’t able to find one so recently picked up a Tron instead. I love the soundtrack, the crazy fast gameplay and the overall mood it brings, but I’m not hitting the start button as much as I hoped… that may change once I start understanding the rules a little more however.

So those who have both, what’s your choice? Wondering whether I sell the Tron and put the $ towards a NIB Prem.

1 week later
#9918 2 years ago

Just put a deposit down on a DP Premium, super bloody excited. I've been wanting one forever, but there rarely on the 2nd hand market.

What are the must have mods? The LE came with the great art blades, I can't seem to find any decent aftermarket art blades. Do most folk go mirror blades?

#9923 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

PinWoofer and PDI glass are the top general mods IMO. They make any game sound and look better.
Also, install washers under a few of the ball guides to prevent them from scrapping off the clear and art.

I use PDI on all my pins. Easily the best mod.

What about mirror blades vs art blades on DP?

1 month later
#10169 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Anyone waiting on the Dead Pool Rerun in December?

Yep! In on a premium

1 week later
#10267 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Any premium owners tried any different powder coat colors? These are the only 2 I've come across searching...
[quoted image][quoted image]

I think the red contrasts with the Blue decals really well, I think I'll follow suit. Without doing something about the T-Moulding on the Headbox, I'm not convinced with the blue... the colour on it's own is nice however.

1 week later
#10366 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm so sorry this took so long but the effort has been well worth it to light up that dark middle area a bit. The main light is red but changes to orange, green, etc according to the light that's already in the Lil DP area behind the drops .
These should be ready shortly from Mezel. I have no financial interest in this, I'm only the idea guy and test fitter . My guess is this kit will be about $50. I trimmed the stickers to let more light thru but you can use the whole sticker if you like it a bit darker.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome!! Any chance you have video footage?

#10398 2 years ago

Put me down for one of those handles!! Looks great!!

3 weeks later
#10541 2 years ago

So like a number of people in here, I have a deposit down on the next run of Deadpool Premiums. But after seeing the Godzilla reveal yesterday… holy hell… what a pin… what to do?!

Is anyone else in the same boat, wondering whether to jump ship??

#10544 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

If you want a game that is fun to play and has great call outs, great Zombie Yeti art work, and just plain great entertainment, stick with DP. If you want a game that just 'kicks your ass', is always challenging and frustrating but has Zombie Yeti's usual great art work, consider Godzilla because I am sure it is very much like his JP and AIQ games that I have. In fact, Godzilla very much resembles those games. I think Elwin games are very good but also very difficult. So, laugh and have fun or gnash your teeth. The choice is yours. Just imho. Good luck.

I do love ass kicking games. Quicksilver, JP and Rick & Morty cop more play than any others at home. I've been looking for a DP for ages, for exactly the reasons you've mentioned above. Most likely a case of the shiny new object, however for the same price, it's hard not to be impressed by the absolutely loaded Godzilla.

The more I watch the stream, the more I think DP is the right one. I think it'll likely compliment my line up more.

#10546 2 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I saw the stream and was very impressed with the tower, bridge and rotating targets on the right, but I’m holding on to my DP pro order. Better music, better call outs, fun progressive gameplay and a theme that’s overall more appealing and fun to me.

I think what you’ve said is the key to Deadpool. It’s just so much damn fun! Godzilla does have a bit of a serious tone about it which may become a little draining.

#10550 2 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Also, highly unpopular opinion: I don’t care for Elwin’s games - they’re far too fussy for my taste. The creativity of the layouts and engineering is fantastic, but they rely way too much on shot accuracy and are far too much work to be enjoyable. I play for fun and to progress a story towards a wizard mode, rather than going for scores. My impression is that his sole focus is to design games for high-pressure tournament play, which is not my thing.
I look forward to your downvotes.

I completely understand what you mean. I have a JP and I do get burnout from it on occasion. It’s a fkn brilliant pin in so many ways, but it’s incredibly intense. I’ll often need a few games of WCS94 afterwards to reduce my blood pressure.I can see Deadpool offering a similar levity.

2 months later
#11303 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Wiz blades are really really good. I tossed them on mine recently and I love them
https://wizardmod.com/collections/wizblades-pinball-blades

Any chance you can post a pic showing off the blades installed. Still on the fence about mirror blades or art.

2 weeks later
#11429 2 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Powdercoating done. Is a blue with rainbow highlights in the light. A bit bold and different but I really like.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not something I would have originally considered, but the looks great!!

2 weeks later
#11536 2 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Powdercoating done. Is a blue with rainbow highlights in the light. A bit bold and different but I really like.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not something I would have originally considered, but the looks great!!

Quoted from punkin:

Like i said that's a legal distinction here.
Hence the Australian distibutor AMD does not take deposits on reruns until their allocation, and hence i suppose, their own deposit on the run.

Zax was happy to take a deposit from me… and also happy to advise the invoiced price was no longer valid

1 week later
#11681 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Add me to the list of unexpected surprises. My DP Premium ships from Stern tomorrow.

Can you divulge any further info? I'm in Oz, but ordered a Prem 7-8 months ago. My distributor has stated Feb-Mar for a while now, but everything was leading me to believe it'll be end of the year, if at all.

#11686 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I ordered in summer. Was told I was on track for December build as recently as early December. December builds got bumped and next planned build was July-ish.
I guess due to Rush delays they squeezed in enough Premium builds for at least some of the folks that were expecting Dec 2021 deliveries.
That’s as much as I know.

Thanks for clarifying Insanity, congrats!!

#11697 2 years ago

I'm yet to receive my DP Prep, but it doesn't stop me considering powder coating options haha. I'm transitioning to a new computer so most of my pics etc are archived... but a couple I have sitting on my desktop... Personally, I'm thinking the metallic red option, contrasts beautifully.

5bfdd55d3da09aa1786a9448c46d7a1552f2fbd6 (resized).jpg5bfdd55d3da09aa1786a9448c46d7a1552f2fbd6 (resized).jpg8f7ffe2bbd15ba3b279b6b091f1666dead568f35 (resized).jpg8f7ffe2bbd15ba3b279b6b091f1666dead568f35 (resized).jpge0edac37a178f3de0dab0586388cde51a147a2b0 (resized).jpge0edac37a178f3de0dab0586388cde51a147a2b0 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#12064 2 years ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Just a short Information for all of you amazing people.
Thank you all on supporting me to get the Handle to what it is. It was only planed to be a project for me. Haven't thought that this will get such a huge and positive feedback. I have learned a lot because it's a lot more difficult to make something for others than for my self ( packaging /shipping / material planning / cost planning / service /a lot of time ectr.). Happy that here are some few mod makers out there take the effort and bring out some nice stuff (not all).
Man I Love to see the Handle all over the world.
Thank you for this.
I also work on lot of diffrent stuff.
I started an Instagram account ( @lucxor_pinball(https://www.instagram.com/invites/contact/?i=hsm1c9xptrql&utm_content=nrzrjvfand)
If you are interested I will soon post updates on what I am working rigth now.
I also started a Discord channel (not Ready jet) where you can chat with me. Pleas mind the time differences
https://discord.gg/t2GapRCfM9

Thanks Lucxor, I received my handle in the mail today (Melbourne, Australia). Sadly still no Deadpool Pinball to install it into, but had the chance to take a close look and your handy work.

The handle is beautifully crafted, the multiple colour gels are a great touch and the insert to place them into is precision stuff. A really professional mod you should be proud of. A world of difference to the original Stern.

Keep up the great work!! And thanks!

#12150 2 years ago
Quoted from revoke:

Saw this message today (and didn't see it mentioned here) but wanted to share as it got my hopes up for all those DP preorders out there (mine included.)
[quoted image]

Don't you just love how Kaneda has personally added a glowing appraisal of Kaneda's Twipy win from Gary haha. Even a quick look shows the text after "Best Regards" has clearly been added after the fact.

What a conceited, self indulgent ass clown!!

1 month later
#12336 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I messaged my distributor to check on mine. If it’s that early than I better make room now!

Haha!! I'm the same. I recently picked up a Iron Maiden Premium, with my parked Deadpool Premium money... "sadly", Iron Maiden has become an instant fav at home... I need to find some money fast!!... and space haha.

3 weeks later
#12662 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sending my katana off to a metal plater this week for chroming hopefully comes back looking like a mirror

Sweeeett, very jelly!!! Will likely do the same with my Katana when it arrives.... not sure I'll be able to handle having it offline so soon after receiving it though haha.

BTW, has anyone got any before/after katana chroming pics.

#12686 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I put a pinwoofer + upgraded sub and speakers in my DP pro and to say it was an improvement is a massive understatement. Luckily I'm able to crank up the volume on my machines, and everyone who heard DP was asking me how on earth it sounded so good. The sound on this one absolutely deserves an upgrade - for me it's the best audio package Stern has ever done.
I (perhaps stupidly) sold my pro with the pinwoofer still in it, so now my premium is on the way I've had to purchase another one. But I really wanted the new owner to appreciate the sound as much as I did.

Yo Ceemonkey, which Pinwoofer did you go for? I have a Premium in bound so thinking of doing the same upgrade.

2 weeks later
#12939 1 year ago

Just heard from my distributor in Australia the container is loaded from Stern and payment is due... exciting times.

2 weeks later
#13239 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Quick preview of illusion blueberry
[quoted image]

T Moulding on yet?

2 months later
#13829 1 year ago

Whats the general consensus on the Extra Ball situation with Deadpool? I picked up a DP Prem last week and have been a little surprised by the amount of extra balls it dishes out. My other pins force you to work pretty hard to achieve one, so feel like I need to wind it back a notch or two. Pin is NIB so factory settings.

Also a side note, the latest playfields are pretty disappointing in regards to art quality. Looks very printed!

#13844 1 year ago

Out of the box, Deadpool is easily the darkest pinball I've ever owned. I put installed some DIY Pinstadiums and it's made a huge difference. My home "arcade" is quite dark, tracking the ball on DP, which is a quick machine was difficult to say the least. Much much better now.

Definitely worth trying the DIY route. The app allows you dial in the amount of extra ambient light you want... win win.

#13871 1 year ago

After a roughly 15 month wait, Deadpool Premium has finally joined the lineup.

Flynny's Arcade (resized).jpgFlynny's Arcade (resized).jpg
#13873 1 year ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

That's a great lineup. I love Quicksilver.

Yeah me too! Super simple, but never gets old.

1 week later
#13909 1 year ago

Anyone had issues with their mirror ball not spinning?

I've got a NIB DP Premium, and while I vaguely remember the mirror ball spinning the first night I unpacked the pin, it now doesn't work. The connections seem solid, the board underneath seem in tact and the motor itself appear correct. Within the service menu I've enabled the mirror ball and nothing... unsure what to check next.

#13911 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but have you definitely triggered the event in the game that activates the disco ball?

Yep. And as per previous message, even manually switching it on via the service menu doesn’t work.

#13917 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Stern support has been really good for me lately with a bad node board on my new GZ. They got back to me within an hour of filling out the form!

Put in a ticket a few days back but nothing yet. So no one has experienced the mirror ball failing?

#13920 1 year ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Put in a ticket a few days back but nothing yet. So no one has experienced the mirror ball failing?

For those in a similar boat with a failed Disco Ball, like anything, it's usually something simple. Pulled out the manual, traced the wires through the node boards and found the culprit, a loose wire in one of the connectors. All solved.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 64.99
Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ormond Beach, FL
$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnyfalcon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=flynnyfalcon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.