(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4,403 posts
  • 418 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by GamerRick
  • Topic is favorited by 171 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 999 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

64E903C6-95DF-48AA-A17D-4072397FF0B5 (resized).jpeg
FFBB4F07-AA16-4FEC-BDFC-7FEE4ED65543 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4745 (resized).JPG
20191020_102417.jpg
20191020_102442.jpg
20191020_102620.jpg
20191020_102457.jpg
20191020_102704.jpg
8C824A28-4A82-492C-95D3-E22277EC8048 (resized).jpeg
B4EF0876-8F0F-4FDD-AC3F-23F63A5A031A (resized).jpeg
3D9968A4-D7C6-40F0-A9A0-1332C5FE92EF (resized).jpeg
C529FED8-2EB8-41B8-905C-2333C963AE38 (resized).jpeg
A4FAD061-4140-448D-8EA2-FFA3757F2BD0 (resized).jpeg
1E031FF0-B1C1-42D6-8013-EC0B1A0BE21C (resized).jpeg
F777BB1C-889B-4E32-9FB5-E18FE58799DE (resized).jpeg
D88C0634-35C7-448D-9C13-C305E1A128B8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

32 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #264 Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (1 year ago)

Post #270 Troubleshooting the Katana ramp shot Posted by chuckcasey (1 year ago)

Post #385 Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (1 year ago)

Post #414 Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (1 year ago)

Post #544 Post Rubbers wearing Posted by HighProtein (1 year ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (1 year ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (1 year ago)

Post #725 External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (1 year ago)

Post #889 Deadpool "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (1 year ago)

Post #894 Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (1 year ago)

Post #1032 Post Rubbers - Not installed by default (George's decision) Posted by Marcdaddy (11 months ago)

Post #1078 Snikt Target Adjustment Photos - Instructions in post #1081 Posted by Robertstone0407 (11 months ago)

Post #1092 Deadpool "ChimiFire" flaming truck Mod by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (11 months ago)

Post #1305 Disco Multiball - Premium/LE instructions Posted by nicknack66 (10 months ago)

Post #1408 Color Bracket mods for inserts by Pin Monk Posted by vireland (10 months ago)

Post #1504 Disco Loop Reject/Airball fix Posted by cpr9999 (9 months ago)

Post #1689 Drop Bank Issues - Check here Posted by Ferrone (8 months ago)

Post #1867 Deadpool Pro with Katana side armor installed Posted by StoneyFL (8 months ago)

Post #2147 Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Hooked on Pinball Posted by HOOKED (7 months ago)

Post #2155 Stern Ninja Star bumper cap kit Posted by twenty84 (7 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipnaught.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2277 6 months ago

Just ordered a Deadpool pro through my local distributor, should be here Friday or Saturday. I have been following this thread for a while now and can't wait to get my hands on it.

Any tips on initial setup? Looks like 7 degrees is the way to go for leveling? What should I look out for having a machine setup on carpet? Are there any pads or anything that anyone suggests putting under the feet? Any other tips in general? Must have mods such as protectors etc.? This will be my first home pin. Super excited!

#2280 6 months ago
Quoted from jeep-mustang:

Couple things I’ve done since owning it in August.
1- check the scoop switch screws, might want to dab a little blue thread lock on them so they won’t loosen and fall out, that’s been reported on several machines including mine.
2- I set the auto ball launch to 108 in the power setting. This launches the ball into the upper rollovers rather then going around the left loop. I think they changed the latest code where the gate locks on that loop so the auto launch stays in the upper rollovers anyway.
3- I installed a 7 piece (I think) plastic protector kit, just to keep them from cracking.
4- installed 2 spotlights on the lower playfield, really helped the dark middle field.
5- installed tilt art blades, awesome looking!
6- biggest thing is get the angle set right. On some games it’s 6.8 on others steeper. If it shoots clunky then adjust it.
This game can shoot very smoothly, it just needs the right setup, as the katana shot is tight and needs the right angle to work.
Most of the “clunky” camp people aren’t taking time to set them up right.
Hope you enjoy the game, it’s by far the most played game at my place.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've played Deadpool a lot at a couple of locations and can definitely tell when it isn't set up well. One machine is impossible to make shots on and the other is buttery smooth.

Does the plastic protector set you put on protect the plastic on the ramp below the hammock? I've seen this piece broken on two machines and it ruins the shot.

What about protection for the shorter lane?

OH one more questions. Should I wax it out of the box? Do I dare ask what wax is preferred? I'm sure that topic has been beat to death but I'm relatively new to pinball.

#2281 6 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Congrats, it’s a great game. I had mine set up at 7.2. I didn’t need any other adjustment. Lots of mod choices out there, including from us. Mirrors and shaker are the first two things I put on any game.

Thanks, I've been to your site before, I'll have to take a closer look at the Deadpool mods you guys offer.

#2284 6 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Wax isn’t needed on an NIB if it’s planned for home use. Wait a few months, then wax it. Out of the box, just run a micro fiber cloth to the playfield while looking for any oddities, targets out of alignment, cosmetic issues, etc...
I highly recommend replacing the factory stern balls. I used to get the pinball life gloss balls but I don’t think they carry them anymore. I’ve since used Marco Specialties balls and they’re great. Standard for games with magnets, or their premium silver jets if no magnets. Don’t think DP has magnets so you should be covered. If you want high gloss shiny balls then get the ninjas from ball baron, but personally, I don’t like them. They look phenomenal, but they play...’different’. I don’t know if their sizes different, weigh different, or what; but they play more floaty to me.
Enjoy your new game. I’m getting close to pulling the trigger on a DP myself. Just contemplating whether I want to wait and see BKSR and/or Wonka first.

BKSR looks like it could be a winner. I think that Deadflip is live streaming it tomorrow so I am excited to see that. I contemplated waiting and playing BKSR before pulling the trigger on DP but the wife really likes DP as well and was not to fond of the theme or artwork on BKSR and it was hard enough to justify with her to just get the DP so you gotta take the wins you can get. Personally I was having a hard time deciding between DP and Star Wars. I have played both a ton on location but there was just something about DP that kept bringing me back more often.

I hope someplace near me gets a BKSR soon though, I am pretty excited about that.

#2338 6 months ago

This is so great. I just picked up a DP Pro and set it up at my house yesterday. Wake up this morning and see new update! Can't wait to get home and do my first code update!

#2353 6 months ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

One questions cor all the pro and premium owners should I get the premium or pro? Just want to know what's more bang for your buck us it worth getting the premium or just save the money and go with the pro? I personally like the pro art better but not sure how the gameplay between the both is better any help will be appreciated.

My personal opinion is save the money and get the pro. I played both extensively and couldn't justify the price difference for the premium and just picked up a pro model on Wednesday. I am sure that other feel differently though.

#2371 6 months ago

Can someone point me towards a post or resources on properly setting up Deadpool? Leveling, adjustments etc to make it shoot well? I feel like I have mine pretty well leveled but am still bricking some shots that I feel like should be more reliable. Are their any other adjustments or tuning that can be done to get me the rest of the way there?

#2373 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t have suggestions other than play it. Our location was rejecting shots to Colossus and the lock ramp was really hard to make. Now that it has a ton of plays it’s butter smooth.

Thanks, mines not bad I feel like I've got it 90% of the way there. I may just fiddle with the leveling and see if it likes it steeper.

#2421 6 months ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Deadpool...I actually dislike the movies so thankfully this is based on comics. Bought game due to unique layout. An absolute bastard to get dialled in HOWEVER once sorted out.....the game is bloody amazing.

Any tips on dialing in Deadpool? Anything other than finding a playfield angle it likes?

#2426 6 months ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Lots of angle changes to find a sweet spot. Was at 7.2 , thought that was the spot but then the right orbit lane clunked often. Back to 6.2....peeeeeerfect for ramps and orbits....but the slow spinning bounce off side drops saw a lot of STDM. Tried everything in between and have settled at 6.8 which sees decent orbits and Katana mostly sweet. I spent a month of nights on my knees and back....whoring myself to this game
I then bent ramp exit for Katana as others have and I keep game waxed and polished including the Katana entry, exit side rails.
Sling action was out of control WILD, so I adjusted switches to just slightly less sensitivity and adjusted power from 32 way way down to 14 and found that made the lower half of table and drop target rebounds more manageable.
I also tore down flipper mechs, cleaned piston, sleeve, coil stop and adjusted EOS switches and flipper cab switches so everything clean and strong.
Did I mention I keep game polished well

Nice. I've only been messing with the angle so far. I know what you mean about that right orbit shot. Mine comes up short often rattles back down into the shooter lane. I'm at 7° right now. Maybe I'll back it down a couple and see if that helps. I don't mind how my slings are behaving but I will definitely look at doing some of your other suggestions.

I just got the game so I am still using the balls that came from the factory but have silver jets arriving today, excited about that. Probably give it a cleaning and a fresh wax, see how it behaves and adjust from there. Thanks for the great tips!

#2472 6 months ago
Quoted from tee-eye:

The Katana on my premium Deadpool stopped catching the balls as they came through. The Machine obviously knows it is going through there since it still counts them on the screen and gives me the ninja multi ball at the proper time. However, no balls ever stop where they should. Has anyone seen this? Thank you for any suggestions

Maybe check your machines settings? I think there is an option for a "virtual" ball lock. It keeps tracks of how many balls you've locked but does not physically capture them. Maybe that setting got inadvertently turned on? Either that or the mechanism that moves the lock post has failed.

#2534 6 months ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Hey guys! I'm wondering how long some of you waited to receive your new DP Pro from Stern once an order was placed through a local vendor. I placed an order through a reputable SC vendor since I'm in NC and it's been a week with zero notifications. I guess the vendor is waiting for Stern to send a tracking number. Thanks!

Quoted from Returner:

Nearly three month.......I don't think Stern has any more Pro built for delivery, thats what they told me.

I ordered mine on Monday April 8th through a local vendor and it showed up at their store 2 days later on the 10th.

#2535 6 months ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

For those who have been playing since early code...
Anyone else struggling now to get team ups? I used to start battles with a Wolverine and one of the orbits just by flailing...now I'm cancelling out of a battle or two just waiting to get a helper.
A typical game last night:
Ball 1 mostly wasted, defeated Jugg with Colossus and spent the Lil DP Multiball. Drain at about 70M.
Ball 2 triggers Ninja and Disco multiballs, probably a katanarama, definitely extra ball, but no battles. Long ball, draining out at the 400M mark or so.
Extra Ball I trigger a battle, disappointed that my only teamup is an orbit. Take T-Rex instead, drain out in that fight after a bad fall out of the Lil DP target
Ball 3 finishing up T Rex, Mechsuit Multiball, draining out at 700M or so.
I'm guessing the teamups just don't progress during all of the modes that are running for me mid-game. It's like early code was all battles, and now the code over corrected onto the side of only modes. Anyone else feeling this?
I miss my easy Mystique battles!!

You're doing better than me score wise! I don't find the team ups too terribly difficult though. Hit the team up shot twice and it's ready. The team up ends once you complete the battle then you have to earn it again. I've only been playing on pretty recent code though so I don't know what it used to be like.

#2555 5 months ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

- Super Secret Skill Shot
I was mid ball (1), at least a minute deep when I had a ball fall back into the plunger. Launched it and somehow one-timer'd it up the Sknit for a SSSS. Is this a bug or available all the time?

Except for a few situations, anytime the ball falls back into the shooter lane the SSS and SSSS are available to collect for a few seconds.

Peanuts is correct about ninjapocalypse, it collects 20 ninjas. Really nice for boosting end of ball bonuses.

#2558 5 months ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Who else is thoroughly amused when they bonus score is 10!?

About as amused as I am when my final shot on a battle is 00. Lol

#2563 5 months ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

I thought 5x was the limit for some reason, but I got 6x on my best game so far during a pretty good Mechsuit multiball. I think I scored about 170m on the Multiball + 6x bonus for an extra ~43m.
I thought I was going to join the 1 Billion club on that game, but came up a little short.

5x is the limit for the playfield multiplier.

The multiplier at the end of each ball doesn't have a limit as far as I know.

#2567 5 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Oh yea, and it helps that i did this....i love that freakin Snikt shot!!!
[quoted image]

Teach me your ways! I can't get past 500,000,000ish. For some reason I really struggle with the orbit shots lately. I can get the katana ramp pretty regularly and the snikt shot more often than I would have expected though.

#2575 5 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Don’t forget about collecting hero team ups before starting a battle. They give perks like double scoring. Then get a Snikt shot or 2, a multiball, and cash it in. I was playing with a friend and I had 3x going with ninja mb and he said my JPs alone were 24 mi each. And I cashed in a final battle shot for 90mil.

I at least try going in with double damage. I have trouble with the domino and dazzler orbit shits though. I guess as part of my problem is just simply draining while trying to get teamups or unsuccessfully finishing battles. I can usually get the multiballs started. Recently I have really been struggling getting the disco Multi all. I used to be able to get it going pretty quick but now I'm lucky if I start it.

I've had 3x on ninja mb before but I don't think my jackpots were that high. If I'm not mistaken the ninja mb jp's depend on how many ninjas have been ghosted so many I hadn't collected many yet.

Thanks for the reply.

#2579 5 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

NOw that I think of it; i think it was mech suit mb that i had 3x and those large jp’s. Doesn’t make sense it was that high on ninja mb.

Yeah I could see that. I think I just need to keep getting more accurate wit my shots.

#2609 5 months ago

Well, finally getting my way up closer to 1 billion. This game was 500 million on ball one then just OK on the rest. Got disco, ninja and mechsuit on ball one with a 4x multiplier on mechsuit for a short time. Only beat 1 battle, never had the opportunities to start any others.

My previous high score was 540 million. Today I got three scores over that. Was a good day. Feel like 1 billion is in sight.

Like others have said, really wish they would add high score screens for all the different modes. I had a game with an impressive 100 million on the little Deadpool mode. Took a long time but was fun.

20190429_105941 (resized).jpg
#2615 5 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well holy shit. What a night of Deadpool. Game was kicking my ass all night as I tried to get to Sauron, sinister, or Megakradalodonus. Then, on about game #10, I light Sauron > hit the Snikt for 2x and start Sauron. Coming out of Sauron mb, I hit the Snikt for 3x and start mech suit mb. With 3x about to expire, I get it to 4x, then 5x, then add a ball! And it was all over from there. Didn’t even play one quest haha.
What a freaking crazy ass rush! Snikt for life baby!
[quoted image]

That's nuts. What's crazy to me is you are getting scores like this with only 110 plays on you machine. I think I have over 700 on mine and still have hit a billion! Nicely done! To be fair to myself though, I've only really been playing pinball on a regular basis for about 6 months. Still a ton to learn.

#2619 5 months ago

I did two things that really smoothed out my game today. I've been getting really frustrated with the dazzlee shot lately. Shots jamming up in the spinner and the spinner just not spinning as well as I remembered it in general. Started to investigate and noticed that the spinner bracket was loose. Tightened up the screws and it felt sturdy. The other thing I did was the smallest of drop of super lube on the spinner brackets and where the spinner touches the switch. WHOOOO! Spinner game is on point now! Before I was only getting the disco mb maybe every 20 games, now it comes with ease!

Also, I don't know if anyone does this but there is a really easy way to cheese the Sabretooth battle. This is totally lazy but it works. Get your ball locked in the mini Deadpool then start the Sabretooth battle. Release the ball from the lock and let both balls drain. When they auto launch they go into the poppers and wreck Sabre tooth. Battle over. Sometimes you have to let them drain twice while the ball save is on.

#2622 5 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Disco mb every 20 games? Hey now, who's the playa now? 110 plays in and ive only gotten there twice lol

Now that I find hard to believe!

I have like 900+ games logged now. I can't stop playing. Like I keep saying, 1 billion club is in my sights. I'll get there eventually lol.

#2650 5 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

George Gomez who recommended A 7° pitch. He landed his LE at 7.2°. I set my premium up to 7.2° also and it’s been great.

Don't be afraid to try lower pitches too though. I settled on 6.8ish after running the gamut from 6.5 to around 7.3. Any higher than 6.8 and my slings get out of hand and send it into the outanes instantly among other gripes with certain shots. Just have to find what works best for your machine.

Mine also improved greatly after replacing the factory stern balls. The ones from stern bounced all over the damn place. Not to mention the factory balls had dents the size of a crater on the moon after a couple hundred plays. Looks like someone took a ball peen hammer to them. Air balls like crazy and completely unpredictable. Went with silver jets and couldn't be happier. They have been holding up really well and move around really smoothly on the playfield, no air balls, no bouncing, no crazy crap. Just smooth.

#2726 5 months ago

On the Colossus shot, what does "special" do when lit? I've only seen it twice but never hit it.

#2728 5 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Special in all games is a free credit. However, you can change it in settings to be an extra ball or points instead.

Duh, that makes sense. Guess I just didn't realize it since it's on free play.

Thanks!

#2760 5 months ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

+1 did the upgrade and scores and settings where kept.

Same, was pretty happy to see that!

#2764 5 months ago

I have a question about the extra ball reward for collecting weapons. On my machine when it had the 1.0 code the amount of weapons I had to collect was 10. Now that I am on 1.01 it is 30. I looked through the read me for the code and the only mention of how many weapons you have to collect the extra ball is in the section for version .98. It says:

"75 weapons - Light Extra Ball (auto adjusts)"

I have never changed my extra ball settings so this is seems strange to me. And since I have been playing on 1.01, I have not seen the amount auto adjust.

How are you machines behaving regarding extra balls?

Edit:
I just checked my extra ball settings and it is set to auto as well which is factory, I have never changed this. Maybe I am just not remembering it being higher? I don't know.

#2765 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I did notice that my lil DP multiball behavior seemed messed up a bit. Not sure if a bug, but lil DP multi ball started on it's own while I was trapping up a ball with the flippers with no ball captured in the lil DP area. Pin just ejected a ball into the shooter lane and wham, lil DP multiball. Guessing this had something to do with the settings they implemented for the drop targets not capturing the ball, but I didn’t read those close enough to see what they are doing. Will have to play with the settings if so, because I never had any issues with the way mine worked before.

I just had something similar happen to me. I don't remember the exact circumstances but lil DP MB started on me seemingly out of nowhere. At the time I did not think I had met the requirements to start it. I will have to pay closer attention to see if I notice a trend.

#2773 5 months ago
Quoted from Zukram:

also similar with disco multiball, started without needing to hit the full left loop

You don't have to hit the full loop to start it. Just the switch that is part way up.

Quoted from cpr9999:

Can you / did you all report the bug to Stern?

Thx

I haven't yet but plan on it. I just wish I was paying more attention to the conditions when it happened.

#2789 5 months ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

New code is Crushing it, 1st game 2 billion got to Sinister, 2nd game cleared a few modes but had the playfield at 5X and reached over 500 weapons. Ball 3 and I got the end of ball multiplier to 10X thanks to a few multiballs.
[quoted image]

Nice! I can't fathom 2 billion points or 500 weapons. Most I've had is 780 million and like 90 weapons. I just can't seem to string a game together like that. I've only had my machine a month though. Can't wait to break a billion.

#2843 5 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

DP is such a freakin cool and unique game. There’s a lot of talk about how cool the Katana ramp and Snikt shots are, but what about that colossus shot?!? I’m loving that shot! I think i may like it more than the Katana ramp. So cool to whip it around and hit the target. Plus, it’s integrated very well into the rules/code.
That’s my random post of the day; still got a high going on and cant stop thinking about this game haha.

I love the Colossus shot too, can provide some pretty nice jackpots too!

#2851 5 months ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

Has it completely vanished for everyone else?

Definitely heard it while playing tonight. Didn't pay close enough attention to be able to say it is there every time, but it is definitely not gone from the game.

#2880 5 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How is everyone liking this game? Fun? Enough replay value? I haven't played but a couple games on it at a show. I couldn't hear anything, but it seemed like it could be a fun pin to own. I've been thinking about picking up a Pro this year.

I bought mine a month ago as my fist home pin and have zero regrets. It's been an absolute blast and I haven't tired of it yet and I play for at least a couple of hours a day. The code is engaging and they are a lot of ways to approach the game. The music, callout and sound effects are top notch and fell very original compared to other pins.

Other games I was considering were Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy. I played them all extensively on location and settled on Deadpool. I would make the same choice again in an instant.

#2881 5 months ago

I finally hit 1 billion! 1.3 billion points on ball one then squat on my last two balls. Big points were on the mechsuit multiball with a 5x multiplier! It was the first time I've hit 5x as well.

This game is so good.

20190513_125646 (resized).jpg
#2884 5 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:I just recently got DP PREM, and coincidentally own SW PRO too. I think you made a wise choice getting DP first. While SW has a crazy unorthodox yet addicting ruleset, DP has the total package. Both games compliment each other very well because the rules and play style is completely different than each other.

It was a tough choice between DP and Star Wars. I love everything about star wars, the theme, the music, the characters, movies, all of it. The game is so much fun too, so smooth. And like you mentioned, the depth of rules leads to a lot of content to explore. In the end it came down to my similar love of all things Deadpool. I love the comic books. And the sound design in the machine is so great. I think in the end it was the sound, art package and incredibly unique shots that pushed me towards DP. Maybe one of these days I will add star wars to the collection.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Oh. And I don’t quite understand the love for Guardians. The ruleset is so narrow and linear on top of a poorly executed sound package and lcd display. It does shoot excellent though.

I agree with that now. When I first played it I enjoyed it. Love the theme but after I played it more on location, I just kind of got bored with it.

So glad I went with DP. No regrets. Now I need to get to Mr. Sinister.

#2889 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

And just like, some of the defaults (possibly seen as bugs) are addressed... along with a couple scoring changes.
LE V1.02.0 - May 13, 2019
=========================
- Added Adjustment - "LIL DP START REQUIRES BALL LOCK" (Default is YES).
- YES: The ball must be locked behind the Lil' Deadpool drop targets in order
to start a Lil' Deadpool mode. (This was the default behavior in v1.00.0).
- NO: When the Lil' Deadpool is lit GREEN for lock and the Lil' Deadpool stand-up
target is hit, the device will attempt to lock the ball behind the drop targets.
If the ball is not locked within 4 seconds, the next Lil' Deadpool mode will start
automatically. (This was the default behavior in v1.01.0).
This adjustment is ignored if the "DISABLE LIL DP TARGET BANK" adjustment is set to YES.
- Fixed: Right orbit switch was ignored for 2 seconds after ball leaves shooter lane.
- Updated Super Skill Shot: timer increased from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Updated Ninjapocalypse: awards 5M, 5.5M, 6M, ... 10M max.
- Updated Ninjapocalypse display: added score and ninjas collected.
- Snikt display: added playfield multiplier value.

Love that they just keep dialing the code in.

#2893 5 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This is what we call polish and support. So happy to see Tanio and his team on top of it.
I really hope they have plans to add additional high score tables. Some that come to mind would be:
+ Sabertooth/Mystique/Juggernaut Champs
+ final blow champ (highest single value final blow shot score), maybe also display which villain it was against.
+ T-Rex/Megladon champs
+ super skill shot champ (most super skills shots)
+ Snikt champ (Most snikt shots in one game)
+ disco loops champ
+ disco mb champ
+ berserker rage champ
+ Collosus JP champ
+ Ninjapocalypse champ
+ Katana Rama champ
+ Lil DP mb and frenzy champs
+ Sauron champ
+ Mech suit mb champ
+ weapon champ (most weapons collected)
+ megakrakawhateveritscalled asaurus champ
+ Mr Sinister Champ
Those are just to name a few to get em started lol

If this was your platform for a presidential campaign, I'd vote for you. It seems like such an easy thing to add and gives you something else to work towards.

#2897 5 months ago
Quoted from JMK:

Has anyone loaded and played the new 1.02 code yet?
Sounds like Stern has addressed the main reported bug.
Looking forward to updating this week.

Just did and only played a couple of quick games. The thing that I noticed right off the bat was hitting the right orbit right after launching a ball actually activates the switch now. So I was able to start the chimiganga mode on my first shot. Haven't played it enough to notice the other changes but I appreciate that they are addressing these small issues so quickly.

#2941 5 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Does the Pro disco ball mod work well?
If so, then the only difference would be a couple drops and the left ramp?
I'm trying to decide between the pro and prem. Maybe go Pro and be blissfully ignorant of what I'm missing on the prem?

It's all about what makes you happy. I've played both, own a pro, and I am thrilled with it. I just personally couldn't justify the price difference. Play both and see what you enjoy.

#2969 5 months ago

Anyone else seen the other secret skill shot other than the 'snikt' skill shot? I haven't seen any mention of this skill shot anywhere and never noticed before. Just hit the right orbit on the plunge then the katana ramp for a ninjapocolypse and it says:

"MKV presents...

MKV Secret skill shot"

I think it was worth 12.5 million.

What is MKV?

#2972 5 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

MXV. I asked and that’s Mike Vinikour’s skill shot. He says there’s one in iron maiden too.

Nice, thanks! Do you know if this shot has always been in the game? I just can't believe I never noticed it before. I could just be that oblivious though.

#2975 5 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

MXV skill shot is left flipper hold plunge to right loop then katana ramp.

Yeah I know how to do it now that I noticed it exists, it was just a neat surprise to me since I had a it seen that shot reward yet. Makes sense though if it was only just added in 1.02. So happy they keep adding little stuff like that.

Here's hoping that they add high score initials for the different modes!

#2997 5 months ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Got my cliffys in today going to install them in a bit.
[quoted image]

How long was your wait? I placed an order just over a month ago. I know the wait time is long just wondering how much longer I can expect.

#3015 5 months ago
Quoted from Zukram:

I am going to make it so bright you will need a welder mask.. They were 1000 times higher than you thought!!!

I'm going to be the rain on the parade, they were only 100 times higher than RobT thought.

#3045 5 months ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Minor nit as I love the game and appreciate all the team has done, but it seems like for the 10 on the Match Wheel there is an extra space between the 1 and 0 so it looks like 1 0. Seems like that could be a easy fix/polish with any next update.

Noticed that too.

On another note, I had the 4x playfield multiplier active and hit a Colossal jackpot for 400 million! Really wish I had 5x going, lol. Wish I had a pic too.

#3047 5 months ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

Hey guys, quick question I didn't want to make a thread for. Im super close to pulling the trigger on DP prem (maybe pro, but leaning prem). It's in a toss up with IMDN and BM66 for me. I havent got to play a Deadpool yet and I've watched a couple streams, is there any risk/reward factor to the code like there is in BM66 (continuing mode or cashing out with the villains)?? I really love that about BM66 and feel like the code is super deep for my one pin collection and it wouldn't get boring. But Deadpool then and art and layout looks a lot more appealing to me. Looks like maybe going for Snikts before starting modes is kinda risk/reward.

I would say the T-Rex quest is like that. Hit lit shots to build a timed jackpot at the Lil Deadpool shot. Megaladon somewhat too, you can restrict his movement to certain shots. Haven't paid enough attention to see if it builds value. I'm sure someone could speak up with some more.

I don't think you can go wrong with Deadpool. So many satisfying shots. Especially the snikt and katana ramp. Mechsuit multiball is super fun. Great animation and sound. The light show on disco multiball is great too. I enjoy the Lil Deadpool multiball mode. A lot to progress through and can be rewarding if you make it far enough but I don't get very far too often.

I played a ton of machines before settling on Deadpool as my first home pin. I've had it for almost two months and just passed 1500 games played. The majority by myself. I think I've only not played about 4 days since I purchased it. I never tire of it. Playing it now, probably until I got to bed.

#3062 5 months ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I have difficulty obtaining multipliers ... your target is like mine?[quoted image][quoted image]

So mine is angled slightly more than yours. I noticed it yesterday when cleaning my playfield. It looks like the top of the snikt target on mine is angled to the left a slight bit more. I didn’t adjust it though, it was either like that from the day I bought it or has become more angled over time. I'm at work right now but will post a pick when I get home for closer comparison.

I don't know how to phrase this but I feel like it might be easier in my machine than what some other people are reporting. If the ball is rolling down my left flipper I feel like I can time it pretty well to get a snikt shot, or come very close. Something else that makes me think mine has "self adjusted" is that when I first got my machine, I could hit the top of the "dead" targets with a shot off the right flipper and it would bank itself into the snikt shot and go up the ramp. Recently that has been unachievable. It just doesn't line up with the ramp well enough after hitting the snikt target.

I briefly thought about straightening my snikt target to make it match what I've seen online but I really like how the shot behaves in its current state.

#3063 5 months ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I have difficulty obtaining multipliers ... your target is like mine?[quoted image][quoted image]

I tried to get a pic similar to yours. The difference is subtle between our two angles but it might be making a difference. Reposting your pic as well for a quick comparison. Yours is the first, mine is the second.

017dfe0c27a8c8c6d12596c3b878ee91129267df (resized).jpg20190525_145305 (resized).jpg
#3072 4 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Here’s a couple shots of my Snikt shot now (didn’t take a before shot unfortunately). It only moved ever so slightly though.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very interesting seeing the angle of your compared to mine and Mannymasy's. Assuming Mannymasy's is the intended angle of the snikt shot, and ours is adjusted(whether it be with a washer or on its own like in my case) this may be what's needed to make the shot easier. I can't say 100% that the angle of mine has helped, but I feel like it has.

This raises an interesting thought to me though. With the snikt shot being so valuable, it is intended to be hard. Does adjusting a shot like this to be easier ruin the spirit of the shot? Or am I overthinking that? I guess in the end it's no different than changing any other setting. Not trying to start anything, just wondering what others thought.

Speaking of settings, what is the difference with some of the other pre-installed settings such as the Directors cut? I tried some of them out but didn't really notice a difference and returned back default settings.

#3074 4 months ago
Quoted from Wotto:

My friend, you can adjust your shit however you wish to

LOL, oops. That should have been shot...

I get it. You can adjust stuff however you like. It's your machine. Not trying to call anyone one out. Just a thought.

#3076 4 months ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Like i said earlier; The adjustment made the shot feel like it did in the first 2 weeks of owning the machine when i was able to get my Snikt up to 4x and 5x - however, the last couple weeks, i would be lucky to get one Snikt in a game. I don’t think the shot was intended to air ball off the ramp which is what mine started doing. That’s when i felt a washer would help raise the target and prevent airballs. Also, when i watched streams of Zach & Keith + Deadflip + dontpanicflip that i saw how smooth their games were on the Snikt shot. And trust me, its no gimme now - it just doesn’t go flying off the ramp and bouncing around on plastics anymore. I even had a couple trapped balls between wolverines legs haha; it feels like it did when i first got the game.
In my 4 bil game though; i dont recall ever going above 3x until i got 100 weapons + completed lil Deadpool bounce mode then started the final 2 Mr Sinister modes and got 2 Snikt shots for 5x.

I missed the part about you getting airballs. Glad you were able to get that fixed. That would be frustrating.

#3080 4 months ago
Quoted from Stones:

Every time I hear the word Chimichanga now, the damn car horn from the game goes off in my mind.....

Ordered a chimichanga at a restaurant a couple of weeks ago and my wife said "this is because of Deadpool, isn't it." I couldn't provide a good answer.

#3121 4 months ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Just clean the balls and inspect. There will likely be nothing wrong with them.

I can't recommend strongly enough replacing the Stern balls. Mine were severely dented after a couple hundred plays. My balls behaved extremely erratically and would fly over rails and smack the glass a ton. A lot of dents in my playfield in those first couple hundred plays. I bought silver jets over 1000 plays ago. My playfield barely had an additional dimple in it and the balls are still as smooth as day one. Barely a scratch on them. They also don't hop over rails and crap all the time like the ones that Stern sent. I'll post up a pic in a while after I get back home.

#3133 4 months ago

Here's a comparison of my balls that Stern provided with ~200 plays on them vs silver jets with over 1,000 plays. Stern is the first pic, silvers are the second. Take notice of the reflection of the blinds on the ball. Every distortion you see in the straight lines of the blinds is a flat spot on the ball. This shouldn't happen after so few plays. Notice how straight the lines are in the reflection of the silver jets in the second pic in comparison.

20190527_150730 (resized).jpg20190527_150825 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3266 4 months ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

What angle are you guys running at? I'm not a very good player and had it set at 6.5 degrees and it was seeming to be very easy. Ive only put in 7 games and I've already hit 300 mill, 350 mill, 500 mill (I know not crazy but I'm not good lol and that's just 7 games) and got past Sauron. And is there any settings you guys changed from default?

Most people seem to be between 6.8 and 7.2. I am currently at 6.9. Doesn't seem much more difficult but the shot feel better.

2 weeks later
#3415 4 months ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Speaking of Lil Deadpool's head, does anyone elses slowly turn clockwise? I keep turning it back to him facing forward but his head just slowly turns back so it's looking to the left.

Mine is doing that too. A little less than an eighth of a turn clockwise. To his right. I've given up on straightening it. It's not enough to bug me and it doesn't seem to be getting any worse.

2 weeks later
#3662 3 months ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Should the angle of the play field be the same from bottom to top? When I measure mine down by the flippers I am at 6.8, but up closer to the Hell House scoop I am at 7.0 or 7.1. I think if I drop the back legs a little then it will also lower the degrees up front and I don’t want it any lower. Figured I would ask this group before I start messing with the legs. All my measurements are on the play field (not on the glass). Thanks.

So I just checked mine and I am getting about the same 2 degree difference. Mine is 6.8 between the flippers and 7.0 near the Hell House. I've always measured mine right in the middle and it shows 6.9 there.

So, is this normal? To have a different angle depending on where you measure?

And to clarify, I am using a digital torpedo level on the playfield, not the glass.

#3671 3 months ago

Looks like I need to replace my hell house scoop. I noticed a lot of rejects lately and looking at it closer it is bent where it goes over the playfield and the vertical part on the right side is cracked and bent inwards.

It looks like all I will need is part # 515-9984-00 BRACKET-EJECT. Can someone please confirm this? Also, looking online a little, I am having trouble finding one. What's the best route for this? Keep looking? Contact Stern? Or the retailer I purchased it from? Would this be a warranty issue? I purchased my machine on April 12, just under 3 months ago. Thanks.

20190707_114928 (resized).jpg20190707_114952 (resized).jpg20190707_115016 (resized).jpg20190707_120039 (resized).jpg
#3674 3 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Contact Cliff cliffy - his are stronger, more robust then Sterns.
http://www.passionforpinball.com/
crinear@comcast.net

Oh cool, I have his shooter lane protector, didn't even think about him for the scoop. Thanks!

#3676 3 months ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Let’s us know.
Let him know several of us could use a replacement.

For sure, I just sent him an email. I'll post more info when I have it.

2 weeks later
#3757 88 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

You can get it off the edge of the bumper pretty regularly too.

I used to be able to do that when I first got my machine. Now it won't make it all the way up.

1 week later
#3806 80 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Worked on the orbits which were feeling a bit clunky. Firstly the dazzler spinner was a bit stiff. Found the arm of the spinner was bent slightly up, meaning that the arm had a lot of friction against the switch as it turned. Straightened it do it was level. Also put the slightest bend in the switch so it does not push against the arm as much. Then I bent the switch in the launch lane so it does not stick up as much. About to lubricate orbit gates and spinners. Lithium grease good? Just a dab using toothpick?[quoted image]

I used super lube on mine. Cheap on Amazon. The tiniest of drops works wonders. Spins for days now. I applied it like 1000 games ago and it is still going strong. Lithium grease is too viscous. This stuff is almost like water but lasts a long time.

Super Lube 51010 Oil Super Lube amazon.com link »

#3839 74 days ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Sorry this turned out so long, but it covers pretty completely how I approach DP.
I usually play for progress, and my basic strategy works pretty well if my accuracy holds up. I've played all three Sinister modes a few of times, and the current replay is hovering around 600-700M.
Battle Progression:
I don't usually worry about team-ups for the battles, because it just adds shots and more risk of losing a ball (playing for points, Colossus and Domino are a must). The only exception is Mystique. Wolverine is a must with her, or it takes too many shots to complete. So any time I have Wolverine lit, I choose Mystique. With Wolverine, she is dead with three shots in the first battle. She's dead in one shot with him during the Mystique/Sauron battle. That seems like a bug to me, but I just go with it! I choose Juggernaut if I have any of the Li'l DP targets down. You can lock the ball without knocking down all standups if you can slide it past and hit the back target. Bringing in a MB (even a two ball) with Juggernaut helps with hitting the risky drops or stand-ups as balls are bouncing around or if you can trap one and play one. If I don't have Wolverine or Li'l DP close to starting, I choose Sabretooth. He's pretty easy to finish with no help.
Quests vs Battles:
Given the choice between a Quest or a battle, I'll always take the battle if one of my Battle Progression conditions exists. The sole reason for this is Sauron MB. By completing the first round battles, this MB becomes available. At this stage in the game a quest is just points and a step toward MegaKrak. But the battle is points, a step toward MegaKrak, and a step toward Sauron. So why not take the MB earlier than later. However, if the choice is limited to Mystique without Wolverine or the quest for example, I'll choose the quest.
Quests/Disco:
After playing the initial battle that's lit on the plunge, nothing is lit. Now, I shoot for Chimis to light quest. I let the random bounces hit the DEAD targets to re-light battle. If the top one is the only one left, I might purposely shoot at it, but the lower ones are hard to hit from the flipper. I shoot for Disco if nothing is lit or if it's close from general playing.
Extras:
Rage, other Li'l DP modes, Katanarama, and Ninja MB are not required to progress thru the game, so I shoot at them if there is nothing else lit (hopefully I pull off a lock or two on the plunge). A lot of people try to bring Ninja into the Mystique battle, but for progression it isn't necessary. Wolverine makes her pretty easy to finish by itself. I don't know if MechSuit is required to progress toward the wizard modes, but you'll get to it eventually if you make decent headway in the game.
If I get to MegaKrak, I feel I've done pretty well. After that it's Villain/Sauron modes and onto the wizards...rarely.
The points strategy is much shorter...Snikt, Snikt, Snikt, Snikt, and Snikt!!

This is almost exactly what I'd do. The I ly difference is focusing a little more o on the the quests because I have trouble hitting the chimi shit and really suck at the Megaladon quest for some reason. I usually hope I get lucky and can bring in the ninja multiball with the Megaladon quest.

1 week later
#3914 68 days ago
Quoted from J85M:

DPLE or DPprem, which art do people prefer I know this is subjective but I’ve never seen a premium in the flesh so to speak so can only judge a pro and le in person.

I own a pro but tend to go against the grain on this one. I strongly prefer the premium trasnlite vs the pro. Same with the cabinet art. Something about him reaching for that chimichanga just does it for me.

3 weeks later
#4139 42 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

BTW, is there anything after MegaKrakadonkulus Rex? Defeating that's as far as I've gotten, but I defeated it and drained, so I don't know if there's more...

Mr. Sinister: Clone Multiball and Mr. Sinister: The Final Battle. Unless you're saying you've done those too. But those two along with The Megakrakolodonus Rex are the wizard modes.

#4157 40 days ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

In the settings you can go back to a fixed number so if you liked 75 you can set it/fix it at that. I didn't like how it varied so have it set at a fixed number on mine.

Mine is set to auto and never changes. It's always at 30. I'm not convinced it works when set to auto.

#4161 40 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Mine is on auto and it changes based on my recent scores. I quit a lot of games if my first ball drains super quick which I think contributes to the number moving down.

That's strange, mine has been on auto for a long while now and has never changed from 30 weapons. Oh well. Guess it really doesn't matter in the end.

#4215 34 days ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

Has anyone experienced the lil deadpool not sensing a ball behind the drops? This happened on my very first game on nib pro. But then had no trouble after that. I just saw it happen on location again yesterday. the opto sensor seems to be registering fine. The only 2 times it has been lil deadpool level 1 for the multiball. After a ball search or two it typically senses it and starts.

When this happens are you sure the ball is sitting on top of the sensor?

I have noticed that on my machine every once in a while the ball will get caught on the slight edge between the sensor and the rest of the playfield. I have to give it a small nudge and it will move enough to sit on top of the sensor.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flipnaught.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside