(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,196 posts
  • 1,083 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by drwicket
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7899 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1688 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240327_001906_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_001709_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpg
IMG_8453 (resized).jpg
IMG_8454 (resized).jpg
IMG_8455 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240323_200809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240326_153304_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240326_103932 (resized).jpg
20240326_103906 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7225 3 years ago

Just joined the club today! It's been on my want list for a while now. It's got cliffys on it and side art, but I think it's pretty stock otherwise. Any must have mods that I should get? Is a shaker worth it?

#7231 3 years ago

Ok, so shaker in the cart. Anyone replace the plastics of the figures with action figures or is that too lame?

#7232 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Same for the wall under the small triangle to the left of the rollover lanes up top. See my post this week about replacing the spinner there.

I'll have to take a peek to see if anything is going on up there.

Also, cant seem to hit the super skill shot. It tends to go to the right orbit instead. It feels like my flippers are just a hair droopy, but I cant tell as it looks like its aligned with the alignment dots. Play better or tweak the flippers?

#7242 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Deadpool is a funny game at first it feels like the geometry is off, to be honest it felt like that with BM66 and Avengers so maybe it’s just a Gomez thing, but once you get it tweaked and perfectly level and find the pitch sweet spot it’s a shooters dream.
Check your side to side levelling and check the left orbit wall make sure its landing on the left flipper in the same area of the flipper you would shoot the katana ramp from during gameplay, takes a lot of tweaking like most Gomez games but once dialled in its a top 5 for me.

This is 100% accurate lol. I just put up a 600 Mil game, which I'm sure is just ok, but the shots felt a lot better than even a few games ago. The right orbit is a bit clunky, which is due to no rail I'm sure, but everything felt really smooth. I'm having trouble finding the shot for the center spinner, but that's on me.

The Ninja lock rail has a Cliffy underneath it, and same with the scoop. I did just put in an order for the shooter lane protector, but not the outhole. The tapered design seems like it's working to reduce chances of clearcoat chipping.

And an external sub with this game is a definite must-have!

#7258 3 years ago

Thanks to this thread, I just put in an order for a shaker, plastic protectors, anti sway target bracket, and new coil stops. I didn't check to see if the coil stops were replaced or if the target bracket was installed, but I figure if I can't use it for this game, I'm sure there's another game I could use it for.

#7271 3 years ago

Trying to install the Pinball Life anti-sway target bracket last night and found that with the bracket installed, the target is shifted far enough where it hits the spinner rail and the target can't compress fully. Anyone else have this happen to them?

#7273 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

yeah, my anti sway target also seems to stand out more than factory but it works quite well. maybe you give it a try.

I will have to compare with the pictures in the key post to see if it looks the same or not, and try it out. I didn't test to see if the target would register or not, so I will have to install it when I get home and see if it works out.

2 weeks later
#7338 3 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

So, it would be a simple modification to the pro? It still would have made sense to do it.

There's a switch where the end of the plunger ramp would be to make the orbit smooth, so you would have to relocate or modify that switch. Would probably be easy enough to put a gate there with a switch without too much trouble, for someone that wanted to do that.

#7357 3 years ago

Align the tip of the flipper with the hole (centered). I also was "old skool" and aligned with the inlane ball guides, but this and a few other games do not shoot correctly done this way. I've learned to let go of that silly notion and have used the holes aligned with the tip more often than not. At the end of the day, you set it up how you want. If you like it more with the flippers aligned with the inlanes, then just be aware that some of the wider shots might come off differently or aren't as makeable.

1 week later
#7421 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

lol. This thought process always cracks me up. Do you know how often people tweak their games so they work!?! Is it cheating for JP owners to fix the screw protruding the tower ramp shot? How about people adding pinstadiums or spots to their Deadpool?
Scores are not about comparing them to others or bragging, its about sharing your personal best on your machine setup and enjoying the Adrenalin with each other. I contest you to try and play my Deadpool. No outlane posts, no weapon stacking in multiball, eb at 65 weapons, 1 eb max, brutal pitch, and a tilt that warns you when you fart.
This doesn’t make it easier, it makes the shot make able. Like the other guy said, the rubber doesn’t intrude his shot, it does on mine. If anything this makes the game harder because I now go for the shot more often (and miss a lot) and missed shots on Snikt puts the ball in danger big time, at least it does on my game.
Pinball is meant to be enjoyed. Snikt is the best shot in pinball but if it’s not working it makes it the lamest shot in pinball. But to each his own.

It's not like you're adding a center post (GB), or the outlane posts that were made for TWD. This is a tweak to (possibly) make the shot makeable. Mine is fine, so I don't need to change anything on my game, but yeah, I thought the same when I read the comment. It's not a cheat by any means.

1 week later
#7496 3 years ago

I must be missing something. I downloaded the file from Stern. I unzip it as directed, and it shows two different files. Am I supposed to flash the larger file onto my SD card (spk.002.000)?? I don't see any .raw files as it shows in the instructions from Stern.

#7499 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Just copying instructions from the readme file:
Update instructions:
1 - Download the zip file.
2 - Unzip the file; this will create a folder that contains file(s).
3 - Open the folder, copy the file(s) to the root level of a
FAT32 formatted USB stick. (Do not copy the folder.)
4 - Power the game off.
5 - Insert the USB stick.
6 - Turn the game on.
7 - After the game boots up, there will be an option for software update.
8 - The volume buttons change options for full or quick update.
The enter button selects the option and starts the update.
9 - Once the update is completed, turn the game off and remove the USB stick.
10- Turn the game on and the game will be running the new code.

So update via USB vs creating a boot image from an SD card?

#7502 3 years ago

I found the .raw download from Stern. I'm trying to mix two different upload methods.

1 week later
#7600 3 years ago

How does one get to the DJ Mixer?

#7688 3 years ago
Quoted from Rudy68:

One of my favourite quotes seems to be sacrificed in the new code, " I'm a Poët, didn't know it". Has anyone heard it since updating?

I'm pretty sure I heard it just the other day.

2 weeks later
#7917 3 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Christmas can’t get here quickly enough...
[quoted image]

Open it!! You already know what it is

No need to let it sit outside and get snowed on for 2 weeks.

#7959 3 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

What happens is that sometimes a hard hit from the left flipper into the right orbit causes the ball to get air born off the playfield and it hits the underside of the Katana causing it to die.
You can dial down the power of the left flipper or put a piece of Lexan under the Katana to force the ball down. That way it will make the orbit.
Rest it on the guide rail to the left and on the red plastic to the right.

Curious to see a pic of this?

#7991 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Yeah this is the one that rejects my right orbit shots on my pro...I really think it is this and not an airball issue. I may try to remove it this weekend especially if its only there to facilitate the prem/LE feature.

Please report back and let us know how it works!

1 week later
#8086 3 years ago

Does anyone else's auto-launch sometimes fail to make it fully around the orbit? Seems like my autolaunch is pushing the ball into the left rails in the shooter lane and causing it to clunk as it enters the right orbit. A manual plunge doesn't have any issues. What kind of adjustment is there (if any) on the auto-launcher?

#8089 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Haven't had the issue on deadpool, but have on a different game. I think the usual deal is to make sure the "forks" of the autolaunch are rest just right when the ball is in the shooter lane. Good contact evenly is key. It is not tough to give a little bend and adjust.

I'll have to take a look. the "forks" looked ok from top down, but I haven't taken the glass off to see.

#8091 3 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Mine always makes it fully around, but sometimes slower than other times.

I bent the forks a little bit and it seems to have made a difference. So much so that I made it to Mr Sinister for the first time and just barely broke a billion I'm in the billionaires club!

20201221_163807 (resized).jpg20201221_163807 (resized).jpg
#8094 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Dam nice! I’m gonna go bend my forks now so I can get to MR sinister too

Treat the game right and it'll do good by you lol

#8096 3 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Congrats on making it to Mr. Sinister!!! I've owned DP for over 2 years now and have yet to reach him, but now I know why. Which way did you bend yours?

Towards the outside of the cabinet. Mine was launching the balls into the left rail and sometimes it wasn't making it all the way around the orbit. After a little bend, it would still hit the left rail a bit, but there was still enough momentum that it would also make it around the orbit smoothly. I will have to see if I can tweak it more.

I was being a tad facetious about the causation of the bending of the fork. Just don't expect your game to magically improve after you make the adjustment

#8099 3 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Haha, and thanks! Are you bending the fork with your hands, or using a pair of pliers or something like that? Think I am going to experiment a little this weekend.

I just used my hands. They bend relatively easy.

#8102 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Congrats! Hey can you explain what you mean by "bent the forks"? I have been having a weak auto-plunge issue too. Doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it...

I adjusted the fork on the autoplunger because it was shooting the ball to the left of the lane and the ball was hitting the guide wire, which made it clunk as it was entering the orbit. I adjusted the fork slightly to the right (towards the cabinet). Just used my hands to adjust it.

It did improve it, though I'm still sometimes getting clunks around the orbit, so I will have to check it out again. I may see if the mech itself needs to be shifted just slightly.

#8103 3 years ago

Holy shit! I never thought I would be able to do this again in such a short period of time! Was playing through Megalodon when I drained. I finished T-Rex and the Sauron/Villian team ups as well, and Mr. Sinister. Would I have gotten to some wizard mode if I would have beaten Megalodon?

20201223_161511 (resized).jpg20201223_161511 (resized).jpg
#8111 3 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Happy Holidays to all! Machine unboxed and family approves! [quoted image][quoted image]

Coffee and pinball...might be just as good as beer and pinball! Congrats and nice space!

5 months later
#9845 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Personally, I didn't think the premium warranted the extra money. The disco ball is cool, but lets be honest, its not often you are in that anyways unless you purposely shoot for it. For me personally, the only reason for the premium was the lift ramp/return to the flipper, but I couldn't really justify the extra price just for that. Drops vs standups is personal preference. Normally I like drops, but on deadpool I like the standups. So all in all, it was a pro for me. VERY happy with the pro on this title.

Exact same reason I went with a pro. If I could get a PREM for near Pro price, then sure, I would upgrade, but the differences didn't justify the cost for me either.

2 weeks later
#9965 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

For me this game is about fun and winning battles and modes, I don't concern myself with score on 90% of the games I play, I'll take progress over points any day on Deadpool.

This is how I tend to play my games and I find 100% more enjoyment out of them vs going for points. Points are a fun byproduct of progressing deep into the game, but the progression is where I find my enjoyment. This is mainly why I don't play competitive pinball. When I find myself in a competitive setting there is a sharp difference in how well I play if I play for points vs playing for fun/progression.

If I play for points, I generally don't do well. When I mentally make the switch to play for fun, that's when I tend to do better. I ended up taking 2nd in the last tournament I played in when I consciously made that switch.

1 month later
#10195 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Apologies if this has been covered here, but wondering if anyone can tell me about my flipper bat alignment. To me they seem a bit “flopped” or low. I’ve noticed the ball glides off my flipper quite often while trying to trap or get the ball under control(more than my other sterns.) Game is level side to side and at 7 degree pitch. Thx for any observations!
[quoted image]

This is normal. I believe George covered flipper alignment in a recent podcast for DP. He basically says that the tip of the flipper should be in-line with the screws holding the return lanes in. You might have to tweak your game a bit, but it should be slightly "flopped."

1 week later
#10284 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's too much money for what is essentially a gimmick. Spotlights would be fine.

Not to go down the "Pinstadiums or not" argument, but I've not yet come across a game that couldn't be improved with a couple of well placed spotlights or LED strips. All for a fraction of the cost. I even lit up WoZ pretty well with 2 added spotlights. A game notorious for having a dark playfield. It was perfectly lit without be blinding, or overly expensive. To each their own.

#10286 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

So that's you not having that argument your having then?
I agree with you though. DP was my first machine and i didn't know any better.

Just stating my experience that I don't think Pinstadiums are needed. You get what you want. But its much cheaper to buy a couple of spotlights to try out first before plunking down $200+USD for a set of Pinstadiums.

Maybe if you would have read my comment before buying your first set of Pinstadium, you would have known better

#10288 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Seems to me you just keep repeating what i originally said in a smug way.

I'm agreeing with you.

1 week later
#10339 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Nice. Got two different answers. Maybe some of the group can like the post the best relates to how they have their game set up.
Mine are right at the holes but have been contemplating lowering them. I don’t know why I’m so reluctant to do it.

This has been mentioned earlier but George himself has stated that the tips of the flippers should be in line with the screws in the lane guides. This should result in slightly droopy flippers and is not relative to the alignment holes.

6 months later
#12070 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Go after FedEx asap

Not sure you can do anything after the fact.

Was their visible damage to the packaging when you picked it up? I'd hit up your distro. It really depends on if you can prove that there was visible damage done to the game in transit (FedEX), or if it was damaged while in the box (FedEx or potentially Stern), without visible damage to the box.

5 months later
#13797 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Those are also a Dwight special feature. It was cool when I had TMNT, and now that I have a Mando it's fun when playing with others especially of different skill levels.

The OG co-op mode was in TNA. Just wanted to point that out

8 months later
#14807 11 months ago
Quoted from Needmorcowbell:

Wiping down the play field and found this piece. Was in the Domino lane.
Any idea what it is and where it goes??
Thx
[quoted image]

Like Mike said, it's a protector that goes under this rail to prevent chipping.

Pinside_forum_7552679_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7552679_0 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop
Backbox
6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Papillion, NE
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Protection
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fatpanda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=fatpanda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.