(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,263 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by ALY
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

332 posts in this topic match your search for posts by eskaybee. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1917 5 years ago

Anyone stream the new code yet?

#1940 5 years ago

Let’s hear from guys that are fans of SW, IMDN, TWD, GOT, ACDC, WOZ...how does Deadpool stack up to these? And is it kid friendly? What about your pro vs premium viewpoint? How’s the strategies, stacking, and ball times overall?

I plan to go play an LE in the next week or two now that code is much more refined. But hard to get good assessment off a 2-hour session.

#1942 5 years ago

I wonder how this game would do/feel with lightning flippers to cut down ball times. Do you need long ball times to progress? Or just good play?

#1951 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Question,I have a LE and want to install a headphone mod from Pinnovators,Stern says to use the same kit from B66LE,as both are Spike2 sys.But,I can't find the B66 mod on that site? Anybody have the Headphone mod installed?? I know there are a few other distros that make kits but I don't have their names!! help anyone???

Go to Pinball life dot com and get the stern spike 2 headset made by stern. It’s bad ass and smokes the pinnovators one. I have both kinds and dig the stern one much more.

#1955 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I agree with what others have been saying. It is a tough comparison. It doesn't have the flow of the Ritchie pins you mention, and doesn't have the depth of the Lyman coded games. If you are looking for a deep strategy game with complex scoring strategies like GoT and TWD then this isn't it. There are some strategy and risk/reward choices but nothing to that level.
That being said, the pin just resonates with me. I am enjoying it more and more as time goes on. Everything just comes together to make a really fun game. You don't have to be playing for 15 minutes to get to something fun (relatively easy to start battles/quests), but if you want to spend the time to get team ups qualified, get some Booms ready and have a multi-ball ready to go before jumping into a Battle or Quest to really maximize score you can go that way. One thing I really appreciate is the scoop being both easy to avoid and easy to hit even for players of my skill level so you can setup that kind of scenario. Keep in mind I am not a tournament player, and I am not even close to an Eskaybee skill level so YMMV.
It is kid friendly in terms of the comic book graphics and the LCD. Even in "adult" mode in the game there are only slightly risque jokes, which you can turn off. Shots wise any kid can get Lil Deadpool multi-ball going and have fun with that.
I am biased, but go with Premium. The loopable left orbit/spinner shot is my favorite shot of the game, wouldn't want to play without it. Not going to touch ball times, due to lack of skillz most games are short ball times for me so I cannot provide any meaningful metric.

Yea I’m not after a flow game. I got 3 fast flow games. I’m looking for something, different.... that compliments these 3.

1 week later
#2093 5 years ago

What’s the street price on a NIB DP Premium?

#2104 5 years ago

How many LE’s were made? 500?

#2110 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I personally think Iron Maiden is a much better game than SW, but I know people really like SW for some reason We have a SW at our location and I just can't get into it. Maiden is one of my favorite pins ever.

I have both (pro versions); I go back & forth on which I like better. Tonight, SW won hands down. I finally opened the outlanes on that bad boy, gave it a good wipe down and holy hell it plays fast and fun. IMDN is definitely the total package from art, call outs, layout; to sounds, music, and rules. But man, SW is so addicting. SW has such a near unorthodox ruleset, while IMDN is more typical pinball rules. I enjoy both of them very much, they compliment each other with such variety and style of play.

That all said; I’m wondering how well a DP PREM would fit in my small lineup along side those 2. I have 3 fast, flowy games; so I’m looking for something...well, different. Right now I’m holding off to see pricing on WOZ YBR, so right now it’s between DP & WOZ. If YBR can come under <$8500 shipped (I honestly don’t think it will), but then I’m going with that pin. I may also wait and see what Steve Ritchie has to offer next, but I imagine it’s speed and flow; something I don’t need in the lineup right now. I want different and immersive.

Being in the market for another pin has made realize one thing; stern have this shit down. If JJP could somehow bring their price down $500-1000 it would be an easy buy for me, but really my budget is $7500...the <$8500 is if I flex it hard lol. Anyway, deep thoughts with SKB...

#2118 5 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

Let me start off by saying that I love Deadpool. The game is super and addicting. But I’m not totally sure it’s what you’re looking for. I know you like the deep strategy games like GOT and SW. And DP really isn’t that. And despite some people insisting it’s clunky, it’s actually fast and flowy. All of these are good qualities to me, but it may not be for you if you’re looking for something different.

Question; what do you think is deeper - your SM or DP? It doesn’t have to be deep, it just has to offer variety with a sense of fun, diversity, and non-grinding so to speak. I’m not in a hurry to buy, so i got that going - trying to be patient. I have a Pinsider friend that has an LE so we’re trying to work out a day where we can hang out, play some pinball, and he can teach me about DP before i decide on pulling a trigger.

Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Man, I’ve gone through tons of Sterns and pretty soon these will be the last 3 standing in my collection. DP is fast stupid fun and is the perfect compliment to the other two. I’d be totally cool with SW or Maiden in pro, but ripping the left orbit in DP premium over and over made the premium a must have to me. Pro is super fun too though so it’s a tough one, as it’s a pretty pricey upgrade.
The selfish part of me wants you to get a Woz so I can nerd out over your strategies, but I play DP 10x more than Woz and if one had to go it would be Woz in a heartbeat [quoted image]

*Drool* I owned a WOZ for a few months. Absolutely loved it. I must have put in 1000 plays in that 3 months. I sold it for 2 reasons. One being the tech, having to reconnect connectors every other week was tiresome and i had an unsteady feeling if one day reconnecting them wouldn’t fix the issue. Two, i started getting to melt the witch almost every game and wanted to see more of the game but kept getting that repeatedly. That all said, still love that pin and miss locking lots of balls for escape multiball (is that what its called? It’s been so long haha). The multiballs, modes, and everything is so good and so immersive.

#2133 5 years ago

How are ball times on Deadpool in relation to progression and wizard modes. Fairly simple and straightforward; say 15-20 min ball times tops to get to final wizard mode? Does the game offer quick progression and one more game feeling/Adrenalin?

I’ve got my next pin narrowed down to DP PREM or JJPOTC. Pirates is over budget but might be able to swing it. DP PREM gives me a few extra bucks for mods and a color dmd for my acdc.

I don’t know why I’m obsessed with DO lately. I think it’s the new code, theme, and watching video of the new code. I know what I’m getting with Pirates; think I need to go play a DP PREM or LE quick before I make up my mind.

Well shit I think I answered my own question haha but if someone wants to comment on the former, I’m open ears. Thanks for letting me ramble here.

1 week later
#2200 5 years ago

I forget; did DP come out before or after IMDN? And does the pro come with service rails?

#2246 5 years ago

What are you guys getting for prices on premium and LE?

#2283 5 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Thanks for the suggestions. I've played Deadpool a lot at a couple of locations and can definitely tell when it isn't set up well. One machine is impossible to make shots on and the other is buttery smooth.
Does the plastic protector set you put on protect the plastic on the ramp below the hammock? I've seen this piece broken on two machines and it ruins the shot.
What about protection for the shorter lane?
OH one more questions. Should I wax it out of the box? Do I dare ask what wax is preferred? I'm sure that topic has been beat to death but I'm relatively new to pinball.

Wax isn’t needed on an NIB if it’s planned for home use. Wait a few months, then wax it. Out of the box, just run a micro fiber cloth to the playfield while looking for any oddities, targets out of alignment, cosmetic issues, etc...

I highly recommend replacing the factory stern balls. I used to get the pinball life gloss balls but I don’t think they carry them anymore. I’ve since used Marco Specialties balls and they’re great. Standard for games with magnets, or their premium silver jets if no magnets. Don’t think DP has magnets so you should be covered. If you want high gloss shiny balls then get the ninjas from ball baron, but personally, I don’t like them. They look phenomenal, but they play...’different’. I don’t know if their sizes different, weigh different, or what; but they play more floaty to me.

Enjoy your new game. I’m getting close to pulling the trigger on a DP myself. Just contemplating whether I want to wait and see BKSR and/or Wonka first.

#2288 5 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

How is it possible to upload so many posts so quickly? It will be an error?

Top 100 refreshes every Monday. There must be at least 15 ratings for it to enter the pinside top list. DP premium had <15 ratings last week, now that it has 16 (very good ratings) it has merged with DPLE and pro pumping it to #5 spot.

Unfortunately, This will get people’s panties bunches up when they see what has happened. Whether they’ve played DP (on recent code) or not is irrelevant and it will be slammed back down to the 20s, 30s, or possibly further. Over time, probably in about 6-9 months as true honest players rate the game, it will get settled in to a nice spot and will roughly stay there only moving up and down a spot or 2 occasionally moving forward.

#2320 5 years ago

Boom! Now if I could only find a DP to buy...

#2323 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

As these updates continue to make Deadpool a much more attractive game to buy, and given the relatively weak initial sales due to crap software, it will be a hard row to hoe these days. Once word gets around how great the machine has become, I can see Stern doing a re-run, even if it's limited.

Don’t get me wrong, they’re easy to find and I have one in the works. But CA TAX law is preventing me from buying from the usual top distributors that have plenty readibly available. $7300 is already a lot of money for a non-LE pin, now tack on $500-700 more to that?

#2367 5 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

I’ve found this to be true for every Prem I’ve played. Why!? They feel significantly heavier and solid...

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Same. Never understood this. My GOT pro feels like it’s made of balsa wood compared to ACDC prem.

My IMDN Pro feels pretty solid. I think it might have to do with the service support rails.

#2379 5 years ago

Is Tanio Klyce a dark horse unsung hero at stern right now? When DP first released, i had no interest. Now, after seeing what he’s done - i will be an owner of a premium soon

I know this is Tanio’s first lead, but what else has he worked on? I know he did work on Mustang and the rules and modes in that game are off the charts good. He’s been with stern for awhile so I’m sure there’s a lot more he’s done.

Great job on Deadpool Tanio (and co.)!

#2440 5 years ago
Quoted from Returner:

Is this the way it suppose to be on the Pro? On screw on each side in the playfield at the edge of apron towards the outhole?
The playfield has "grain" like the worst stern i've seen aswell.....I guess it's just to raise the head and live with it.[quoted image]

Unfortunately, the grain is the new norm from stern. My IMDN has it and even my SW and ACDC have it to a lesser degree. I’ve heard many others who have it also.

#2497 4 years ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

I heard back from the folks who sold me my Deadpool:
"I was told to go through the warranty process and they will get back to me in a few days to make their decision. I closed your Case and created this WO so I could do that. If it does go through you will have to return the old mech. I will follow up with you in a few days. thanks."
Seriously?
I'm genuinely curious. Is this standard? Because Stern could have sent me a $4.00 part and been done with this, but instead they want to make it into a long, drawn out process.
I actually ordered the part I need and a bunch of extra parts from Pinball Life yesterday, so about the only thing Stern's reaction has done is make me not want to give them any more of my money.

I usually email Chas ([email protected]) and cc my distributor and tell them the problem. 9 times out of 10 Chas asks me for my game's serial number and shipping address, verifies it, then he sends me the replacement part. Fairly trouble free.

#2498 4 years ago

Side note: any good instruction cards for Deadpool?

#2502 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you get your Premium?

Not yet, but it is ordered and on its way! I've been procrastinating on apron cards for all my games, ordering DP has got me researching them for all my machines. For some reason, i remember getting apron cards for games i owned in the past much easier.

#2503 4 years ago

Dam they’re quick, just showed up!

Hopefully no issues but shipment looks good so far.

48DBA82B-239E-4E74-9983-7577D5B74EEA (resized).jpeg48DBA82B-239E-4E74-9983-7577D5B74EEA (resized).jpegFAB8AB27-3EB0-42E5-A0C2-84D0A4DAC9E4 (resized).jpegFAB8AB27-3EB0-42E5-A0C2-84D0A4DAC9E4 (resized).jpeg
#2513 4 years ago

Make sure when you’re reseating connectors the power is off. Hopefully It is a connector. Otherwise stern will get your back. Email Chas at stern and your distributor.

#2528 4 years ago

All I gotta say is what a bad ass game! Snikt shot might be my new favorite shot in pinball even though I only have about a 5% success rate hahaha.

Loving the premium features so far, but had to go with the pro translite.

A733B98E-EC9A-4BC8-B8B5-13CD179A443F (resized).jpegA733B98E-EC9A-4BC8-B8B5-13CD179A443F (resized).jpegEB4CF449-3147-4E64-B908-78C5BBC9BA68 (resized).jpegEB4CF449-3147-4E64-B908-78C5BBC9BA68 (resized).jpeg89519F76-E01B-4517-94FD-04CE7C0D75B6 (resized).jpeg89519F76-E01B-4517-94FD-04CE7C0D75B6 (resized).jpeg9FD12E72-EB93-48E0-97E1-F7FE8DCDED4F (resized).jpeg9FD12E72-EB93-48E0-97E1-F7FE8DCDED4F (resized).jpeg
#2565 4 years ago

I’m still on an Adrenalin high; but this game is legit! For real, so under the radar. Mad props to NimblePin , TKDalumni , PinMonk , and Apollyon for all the support in my decision. I waited for Black Knight release - pass. I waited for Wonka - pass. Almost got a JJP game but those were a bit over budget and just didn’t check all the boxes. Plus, the YBR WoZ went the wrong direction in price haha. Then those guys, and everyone else in this owners thread, got me thinking about Deadpool. I did not like this game on release which is why i never considered it again, but glad i gave it a 2nd look. Tanio Klyce is my new unsung hero in this hobby. So much attention to detail went into DP that has been missing in pinball for so long. There are so many cool little things going on...and the breadth, holy hell the breadth in the ruleset delivers. So good.

OK, still on a honeymoon. But, I’ve been on many honeymoons and you can tell there’s something special going on with DP. It really can hold its own against some of the other top dogs in pinball. Kudos for stern for giving us such a unique, fun game!

#2566 4 years ago

Oh yea, and it helps that i did this....i love that freakin Snikt shot!!!

08612982-EE22-4965-BD2C-6C86EF090599 (resized).jpeg08612982-EE22-4965-BD2C-6C86EF090599 (resized).jpeg
#2570 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Teach me your ways! I can't get past 500,000,000ish. For some reason I really struggle with the orbit shots lately. I can get the katana ramp pretty regularly and the snikt shot more often than I would have expected though.

Don’t forget about collecting hero team ups before starting a battle. They give perks like double scoring. Then get a Snikt shot or 2, a multiball, and cash it in. I was playing with a friend and I had 3x going with ninja mb and he said my JPs alone were 24 mi each. And I cashed in a final battle shot for 90mil.

#2571 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

The stern rep said my node was going out Thursday and then again today..... I bitched and asked for 2 day shipping. Was happy with the outcome until hahah hey I can at least play the lower half of the game am I rite?
[quoted image][quoted image]

That sucks for sure. At least they got you covered and should be back up in no time.

#2578 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

I at least try going in with double damage. I have trouble with the domino and dazzler orbit shits though. I guess as part of my problem is just simply draining while trying to get teamups or unsuccessfully finishing battles. I can usually get the multiballs started. Recently I have really been struggling getting the disco Multi all. I used to be able to get it going pretty quick but now I'm lucky if I start it.
I've had 3x on ninja mb before but I don't think my jackpots were that high. If I'm not mistaken the ninja mb jp's depend on how many ninjas have been ghosted so many I hadn't collected many yet.
Thanks for the reply.

NOw that I think of it; i think it was mech suit mb that i had 3x and those large jp’s. Doesn’t make sense it was that high on ninja mb.

#2580 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Yeah I could see that. I think I just need to keep getting more accurate wit my shots.

The design is Both a positive and negative. That’s the sacrifice you get when you go outside the box. And that’s why i like Gomez, he tries to incorporate fun awkward shots. So with all these weird shots, there’s going to be some Klunk and randomness but it does work on this game whereas something like Avengers, that randomness didn’t work so well. What’s my point? yea, shoot better lol, but part of the design is to add a lot of randomness to shots; without it the ball times would be marathon like. But it certainly does feel good when the game starts flowing on this kind of layout.

#2596 4 years ago
Quoted from Budfan:

For some reason I cant seem to find the adjustmemt for headphone volume control in the menu. Was this removed in the latest update?

It’s there. I have the headset. I’ll see if I can find the adjustment next time I’m in the gameroom. Forgot if it’s in standard adjustments or featured.

#2600 4 years ago

So I’ve had my premium almost a week. And I just hit 100 plays. Here’s some fun audits to report:

10-15 minute games: 12
15+ minute games: 9
Avg score: 272,895,000
Left drains: 68
Center drains: 170
Right drains: 75
Tilts: 18 (I have an extremely tight tilt with max debounce time - adds to the difficulty. And I attribute most these tilts to RobT haha).

I still haven’t made it to MR sinister or Megakradalodonus. But I did get the Snikt up to 5x once just yesterday in fact. I blew it up with juggernaut stacked with Colossus stacked with ninja mb and katana Rama. Didn’t get to see my final juggernaut shot but it had to be upwards of 300 mil as I came out of that 5x stack with 800 mil points total.

EDIT: a few things I’d like to see if an update ever happened:

1. More HS tables like IMDN has
2. Fix lighting show for the 4 top inlanes as they get disguised at times and you can’t play the rollovers to complete bonus x. Intentional?

#2606 4 years ago
Quoted from Budfan:

Now I know why it did not show up in the menu or that my volume knob on the stern volume plate did not work. I moved the pinball into the basement very recently and the connector to the cpu board came off. Yep. Feel like a newbie all over again.

Sorry i never got back. That’s interesting that it doesn’t even come up on the adjustments unless it’s plugged in.

#2614 4 years ago

Well holy shit. What a night of Deadpool. Game was kicking my ass all night as I tried to get to Sauron, sinister, or Megakradalodonus. Then, on about game #10, I light Sauron > hit the Snikt for 2x and start Sauron. Coming out of Sauron mb, I hit the Snikt for 3x and start mech suit mb. With 3x about to expire, I get it to 4x, then 5x, then add a ball! And it was all over from there. Didn’t even play one quest haha.

What a freaking crazy ass rush! Snikt for life baby!
CDCED44E-4B78-4D0C-B560-ED3DEDF3D8B2 (resized).jpegCDCED44E-4B78-4D0C-B560-ED3DEDF3D8B2 (resized).jpeg

#2621 4 years ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Would any of you wonderful, sharing and helpful Pinside pinball browser experts like to save me hours and hours of effort in trying to learn that and just rip that audio file and email it to me

I have pinball browser, but dont use it very often. I have licensed it a couple times so i can export/import songs and sounds to my liking. However, my license is old or not working - i havent used it in a long time so i gotta do some research and get up to date with the latest pb software and buy another license. So give me a bit on this...

That said; if anyone does have a licensed copy of pinball browser. I played with the sounds and the mech suit call outs are on:
Req 335: Mech Suit Multiball
Req 666: Mech Suit Jackpot
Req 667: Mech Suit Super Jackpot

Quoted from Flipnaught:

I did two things that really smoothed out my game today. I've been getting really frustrated with the dazzlee shot lately. Shots jamming up in the spinner and the spinner just not spinning as well as I remembered it in general. Started to investigate and noticed that the spinner bracket was loose. Tightened up the screws and it felt sturdy. The other thing I did was the smallest of drop of super lube on the spinner brackets and where the spinner touches the switch. WHOOOO! Spinner game is on point now! Before I was only getting the disco mb maybe every 20 games, now it comes with ease!
Also, I don't know if anyone does this but there is a really easy way to cheese the Sabretooth battle. This is totally lazy but it works. Get your ball locked in the mini Deadpool then start the Sabretooth battle. Release the ball from the lock and let both balls drain. When they auto launch they go into the poppers and wreck Sabre tooth. Battle over. Sometimes you have to let them drain twice while the ball save is on.

Disco mb every 20 games? Hey now, who's the playa now? 110 plays in and ive only gotten there twice lol

Quoted from chuckwurt:

If eskaybee gets into a game, look out. Monster scores are coming.

#2629 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Got my node replacement today and I’m past the two hour mark and I’m still running knock on wood. So much fun, was a long week not having it up and running.

Awesome news!!

Quoted from PinMonk:

With just one bug exploit and a little practice, yours can be too!

Muahaha.....you also need a baby in one of your arms to pull it off

#2638 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I want to make this my next pin. Struggling on deciding between the Pro and Premium. I have played the Pro several times but have not been able to find a Premium to play.

It’s all about that loop return to the right flipper. It adds another satisfying shot to the arsenal of satisfying shots this game offers. Keep in mind though, the unique layout is A-Typical Gomez Klunk-Flow. The shots in DP do not flow like a Steve Ritchie butter smooth game. But hot damn do these shots feel good. Every one of them! I couldn’t imagine playing the game without the left loop return especially for disco loops and multiballs; but there are plenty of other satisfying shots in the game that still makes the pro a good buy.

Drop targets: I own ACDC pro - I’ve owned ACDC prem in the past and i just really enjoy the standups and how they play Than the premium. I thought I wouldn’t care about the drops in DP Prem for that reason, but man their placement and the rules for them surprised me on how much i enjoy them.

For me; getting the extra flow was worth it. The drops are icing on the cake. Disco ball is another cool addition especially for disco multiball. But all in all, it really comes down to whether you want the flow of that left loop or not. It feels dam good hitting it.

That all said - playing devils advocate; i have not played a pro since code 1.0. I played a couple different pro’s and even a premium on early software and just didn’t like the game. I appreciate it a whole lot more now at v1.0.0 so i’d Be curious to try a pro now and see how i felt.

#2647 4 years ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Could have swore I saw somebody post a "service bulliton" about bending katana ramp exit shot but can't seem to find it now. Can anyone enlighten me?

Not a service bulletin, but here’s a link to what you are talking about. I believe Stern told him to fix like this.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-elses-opinion-changed-on-deadpool#post-4891205

Personally, I would play with your pitch first. NimblePin Told me he spoke with George Gomez who recommended A 7° pitch. He landed his LE at 7.2°. I set my premium up to 7.2° also and it’s been great. There are times when I think I can tweak it better, but it plays so good right now that When I miss happens it really doesn’t bother me because it’s rare. Hope this helps.

#2651 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Don't be afraid to try lower pitches too though. I settled on 6.8ish after running the gamut from 6.5 to around 7.3. Any higher than 6.8 and my slings get out of hand and send it into the outanes instantly among other gripes with certain shots. Just have to find what works best for your machine.
Mine also improved greatly after replacing the factory stern balls. The ones from stern bounced all over the damn place. Not to mention the factory balls had dents the size of a crater on the moon after a couple hundred plays. Looks like someone took a ball peen hammer to them. Air balls like crazy and completely unpredictable. Went with silver jets and couldn't be happier. They have been holding up really well and move around really smoothly on the playfield, no air balls, no bouncing, no crazy crap. Just smooth.

Agreed. I’ve owned a lot of sterns over the years and have always found that 6.8deg is a real sweet sweet spot with all of them.

#2664 4 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Alright Guys, I'm hoping you can provide me with guidance on 2 issues:
1. I'm having my first challenge regarding Deadpool Pro setup. The current code is the one mentioned with that country song I read about online...haven't checked actual version. I'm trying to install the latest version 1.00.0. I followed directions regarding download, unzip, and extract the .spk file from the generated subfolder. I copied the .spk.002 file onto an empty (formatted) FAT32 usb and plugged into each of the two usb slots available. When I turn on the game there is not a notification for updating code...just goes through normal boot up. Has anyone else had issues similar to this one? The subfolder created from unzipping the downloaded zip file only contains a .spk.002 file, and size is between 300 and 700 mb I think.
2. Have you guys used just Naptha for cleaning between wax applications? I know the instructions say to use Novus 2, but I'm hesitant on applying the abrasive. Also, does the machine come prewaxed when purchased NIB?
Thanks Guys!

Regarding pf cleaning. I use wizards mist n shine which JJP recommends. The stuff is great. Novus 2 really is only needed on a really really dirty pf.

If it’s for home use, I personally don’t wax straight out of the box and wait until roughly 1000 plays or when it feels needed. Out of the box; I will wipe down the pf with a microfiber cloth and no cleaners, inspecting the playfield, inserts, etc... then I typically fire up the machine, go into the coil diagnostics and fire each one to make sure they’re working and do the same for lamps and lighting diagonaitcis. If all is good, Load it up with balls and have at it.

#2693 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Don't be afraid to try lower pitches too though. I settled on 6.8ish after running the gamut from 6.5 to around 7.3. Any higher than 6.8 and my slings get out of hand and send it into the outanes instantly among other gripes with certain shots. Just have to find what works best for your machine.
Mine also improved greatly after replacing the factory stern balls. The ones from stern bounced all over the damn place. Not to mention the factory balls had dents the size of a crater on the moon after a couple hundred plays. Looks like someone took a ball peen hammer to them. Air balls like crazy and completely unpredictable. Went with silver jets and couldn't be happier. They have been holding up really well and move around really smoothly on the playfield, no air balls, no bouncing, no crazy crap. Just smooth.

Dropped my pitch down to 6.9 Friday night to try for the weekend. Feels much better; shots are smoother. Hard to tell if Snikt is easier or not, but it certainly feels that way. Some games i can hit it left & right, other games cant touch it at all haha. In either case, I’m leaving mine here, it plays so much smoother.

#2722 4 years ago

Do you know what your pitch at? I started at 7.2 and it was brutally fast and fun. However, I popped it down to 6.9 and while it shoots much smoother, it is easier.

Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Out of The box the outlanes have no rubber rings. I just popped in a set and the game is 10x easier.
How many of you run it this way vs stock? Stock it was pretty darn brutal!

#2727 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

On the Colossus shot, what does "special" do when lit? I've only seen it twice but never hit it.

Special in all games is a free credit. However, you can change it in settings to be an extra ball or points instead.

#2731 4 years ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Second day in a row the right slingshot has been doing this. Anyway to adjust this?
[quoted image]

Check to be sure the rubber isn’t twisted at all and around the grooves cleanly. Otherwise, try lowering sling power in settings - Feature Adjustment #4. Also, try another rubber. I wonder if for some reason it has a slightly larger rubber than it’s supposed to? I’ll check manual, but probably a 2” rubber I’m guessing.

EDIT: just checked manual; it’s a 2 1/2”

#2746 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

1.01 is out!!
LE V1.01.0 - May 8, 2019
========================
- Updated LIL' DEADPOOL LOCK Device:
- Improved ball lock handling. If the drop targets do not stay up when
the devices attempts to catch the ball, retry the drop target reset
up to 3 times. If the ball is not successfully locked within 4 seconds
of hitting the Lil Deadpool target, start the next qualified
Lil Deadpool mode.
- Improved ball lock-out handling. In the lock-out state, the drop
targets are reset whenever they are hit. If the ball gets behind the
drop targets when the device is in this state, lower the drop targets
to release the ball.
- Adjustment: "DISABLE LIL DP TARGET BANK" - when this adjustment is set to YES,
the Lil Deadpool drop targets will never reset and the Lil Deadpool device
will not be unable to lock balls. Rules that rely on locking a ball in the
Lil Deadpool device will compensate; the following rules are effected:
- Lil Deadpool Multiball, Frenzy, and Bounce
- T-Rex Quest
- Mr. Sinister: Megakrakolodonus Rex
- Mr. Sinister: The Final Battle
- Adjustment removed: "LIL DEADPOOL LOCKS BALLS" (Lil' Deadpool device will
always attempt to lock balls unless "DISABLE LIL DP TARGET BANK" is set to YES.
- Adjustment added: "BALL SAVE TIMER: LDP RECENT LOCK" (Default 0 seconds). If this
is set to a value greater than 0 seconds, a ball saver will start as soon as the
Lil' Deadpool target is hit to initiate a ball lock attempt.
- Updated switch test: do not reset Lil Deadpool drop target bank when the
Lil Deadpool target is closed in switch test.
- Updated T-REX QUEST:
Updated rules:
- At mode start
- All arrow shots are lit.
- Lil Deadpool drop targets stay up when hit.
- When a lit arrow shot is made
- Shot is unlit.
- Lil Deadpool drop targets trip down.
- T-Rex hurry up starts on the Lil Deadpool stand up target (12 seconds).
- If another lit shot is made, the hurry-up value is boosted and time is added.
- If hurry-up times out, drop targets are reset. If no shots are lit when the
hurry-up times out, all shots are relit.
- When the lit Lil Deadpool stand up target is hit,
- Collect hurry-up award.
- All shots are relit.
- Collect the hurry-up 4 times to light the scoop to collect DNA.
- Shoot lit scoop to collect DNA sample and complete the mode.
- If ball is drained while scoop is lit, the mode is completed.
Updated display:
- Display T-Rex Hurry-Up value when it is available at the Lil Deadpool target
- Updated WEAPON JACKPOT award:
- 100, 200, 300 weapons ... bump playfield multiplier minimum for the rest of the game.
- Updated MYSTERY: If Extra Ball is Lit, do not award Light Extra Ball from MYSTERY.
- Updated LIL' DEADPOOL FRENZY: switch value increases by 100k each time the
mode is restarted. Max switch value is 400k.
- Fixed REGENERATE - during multiball, a ball going down the left outlane with
Regenerate lit would intermittently not award a ball save.
- Added formatted game pricing to attract mode screens.
- System V2.27:
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.40.0
- Updated instructions for RESTORE SETTINGS.
- Reordered items in UTIL-&gt;VOL, moved CABINET SPEAKER TYPE to be after
BACKBOX SPEAKER TYPE.
- Added UTIL-&gt;RESET-&gt;VOL which will reset all audio settings to their
default values.
- Append (MAX) to the credit message if the number of credits equals
the CREDIT LIMIT adjustment.

dp_hero (resized).pngdp_hero (resized).png
#2749 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

If another lit shot is made, the hurry-up value is boosted and time is added.
I like the sounds of that!
100,200,300 weapons for pf x... thats not actually new is it?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

You definitely got a pf x for 100 before.

The pf x boost was for the duration of the ball. Sounds like it’s changed to the remainder of the game.

#2818 4 years ago

My Lil DP has been acting fine so far but had one quirky issue last night. I got lil DP mode 3 ready (the targets mode). Made the shot, locked it in, the mode started but the drops didn’t release nor did they try to. Ball search fixed it and I was able to play the mode. Anyone else make it to this mode on new code and/or experience the same thing?

Btw; the mode felt different and I was awarded a multiplier bump til end of ball. I don’t remember this before, but then again I hadn’t played the mode much before so never really paid attention. I’ll be going for it much more knowing there’s a multiplier reward involved.

#2837 4 years ago

DP is such a freakin cool and unique game. There’s a lot of talk about how cool the Katana ramp and Snikt shots are, but what about that colossus shot?!? I’m loving that shot! I think i may like it more than the Katana ramp. So cool to whip it around and hit the target. Plus, it’s integrated very well into the rules/code.

That’s my random post of the day; still got a high going on and cant stop thinking about this game haha.

#2844 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Take any one of those shots from DP that you mention and put it on another pin and chances are very high that it would be the best shot on that pin.
DP is full of cool satisfying shots, and it's one of the main things that attracted me to it. The fact that we can add so many other positive aspects on top of that makes it a real winner.

What chuck said above. But if you contact Chas at stern and explain to him the problem, he’ll more than likely send you a couple new ones.

#2874 4 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

How about these 3 figures, do they go on the playfield somewhere?
[quoted image]

I never checked the goodie bag (lol), but when I saw NimblePin LE in person with the extra plastic pieces, it looked good - it was a must do IMO. So I put the colossus and Deadpool ones in. I like them both, but Colossus stands out more and looks really good. Easy install; take off the plastic piece first, mount it, then reinstall the plastic peace. Domino is a bit more tricky from what I can see; getting her plastic off the pf looks like it requires loosening the katana ramp to move it over. Haven’t done hers yet but I probably will at some point.

#2878 4 years ago
Quoted from BelleHall:

Domino is a must add, IMO. It brings your attention to the location of her right orbit shot. The artwork for her is hidden but the katana, so the plastic does help.

any tips on removing and replacing the plastic?

#2882 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

I bought mine a month ago as my fist home pin and have zero regrets. It's been an absolute blast and I haven't tired of it yet and I play for at least a couple of hours a day. The code is engaging and they are a lot of ways to approach the game. The music, callout and sound effects are top notch and fell very original compared to other pins.
Other games I was considering were Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy. I played them all extensively on location and settled on Deadpool. I would make the same choice again in an instant.

I just recently got DP PREM, and coincidentally own SW PRO too. I think you made a wise choice getting DP first. While SW has a crazy unorthodox yet addicting ruleset, DP has the total package. Both games compliment each other very well because the rules and play style is completely different than each other.

Quoted from gliebig:

How is everyone liking this game? Fun? Enough replay value? I haven't played but a couple games on it at a show. I couldn't hear anything, but it seemed like it could be a fun pin to own. I've been thinking about picking up a Pro this year.

The game is legit. It has an ENOURMOUS sound package which is choreographed and implemented very well. I’m usually a stern pro buyer, but went premium with this one; the added flow of the left loop is very rewarding, love hitting the drop targets, and becoming a fan of the disco mb light show - though I find myself playing that multiball with my head staring up at the ceiling rather than the playfield haha.

#2883 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

I bought mine a month ago as my fist home pin and have zero regrets. It's been an absolute blast and I haven't tired of it yet and I play for at least a couple of hours a day. The code is engaging and they are a lot of ways to approach the game. The music, callout and sound effects are top notch and fell very original compared to other pins.
Other games I was considering were Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy. I played them all extensively on location and settled on Deadpool. I would make the same choice again in an instant.

Oh. And I don’t quite understand the love for Guardians. The ruleset is so narrow and linear on top of a poorly executed sound package and lcd display. It does shoot excellent though.

#2892 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

And just like, some of the defaults (possibly seen as bugs) are addressed... along with a couple scoring changes.
LE V1.02.0 - May 13, 2019
=========================
- Added Adjustment - "LIL DP START REQUIRES BALL LOCK" (Default is YES).
- YES: The ball must be locked behind the Lil' Deadpool drop targets in order
to start a Lil' Deadpool mode. (This was the default behavior in v1.00.0).
- NO: When the Lil' Deadpool is lit GREEN for lock and the Lil' Deadpool stand-up
target is hit, the device will attempt to lock the ball behind the drop targets.
If the ball is not locked within 4 seconds, the next Lil' Deadpool mode will start
automatically. (This was the default behavior in v1.01.0).
This adjustment is ignored if the "DISABLE LIL DP TARGET BANK" adjustment is set to YES.
- Fixed: Right orbit switch was ignored for 2 seconds after ball leaves shooter lane.
- Updated Super Skill Shot: timer increased from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Updated Ninjapocalypse: awards 5M, 5.5M, 6M, ... 10M max.
- Updated Ninjapocalypse display: added score and ninjas collected.
- Snikt display: added playfield multiplier value.

This is what we call polish and support. So happy to see Tanio and his team on top of it.

I really hope they have plans to add additional high score tables. Some that come to mind would be:
+ Sabertooth/Mystique/Juggernaut Champs
+ final blow champ (highest single value final blow shot score), maybe also display which villain it was against.
+ T-Rex/Megladon champs
+ super skill shot champ (most super skills shots)
+ Snikt champ (Most snikt shots in one game)
+ disco loops champ
+ disco mb champ
+ berserker rage champ
+ Collosus JP champ
+ Ninjapocalypse champ
+ Katana Rama champ
+ Lil DP mb and frenzy champs
+ Sauron champ
+ Mech suit mb champ
+ weapon champ (most weapons collected)
+ megakrakawhateveritscalled asaurus champ
+ Mr Sinister Champ

Those are just to name a few to get em started lol

#2910 4 years ago

Question for PREM/LE owners.

Do you guys ever get a weird ball rattle into the right orbit ramp causing it to not make it up the ramp? Ever since i cleaned the playfield it seems maybe 1 in 10 shots will rattle coming out of the right control gate causing the ball to lose momentum. I haven’t investigated it thoroughly to see what’s throwing the ball off yet as it’s pretty rare, but thought i’d hit you guys up first to see if anyone has seen the same thing or not.

#2912 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Anything can be an exploit if ur bossy enough to get 5X going,
and keep it going! Thats the beauty of the whole risk/reward of
this new TRex mode now, no?

as you make pf shots to increase the ‘base’ hurry up value; I don’t think the intent, at least it shouldn’t be, that multipliers affect its base value. Only the collect shot is what should be multiplied. So yes, this can be an exploit whether you have 5x or even 2x going. I guess we’ll find out what Tanio and the guys at stern think about it, but i imagine they’ll throw in a fix to it....and seemlessly add high score tables at the same time

#2919 4 years ago
Quoted from Ravvis:

I have found that this game is very particular when it comes to leveling. What is everyone's pitch? I am still messing around with mine. On my pro.

I started at 7.2 then 6.9, and found a happy medium at 7.0

#2947 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Hey Eskaybee, just wanted to say I appreciate your posts on the games you own -- you go into such great detail. A quick question -- I'm am trying to decided between DP,AFMR, and SW. How do you think DP compares to AFMR? My wife like to play too so I don't want a game that's too hard so I kind of eliminated SW because of that, do you think either of the other two would appeal to the casual player more? Is one more likely to last longer in a small collection? (obviously I'd appreciate anybody else's opinion too).

Thanks for the compliment man! Geez...this is a tough one. AFMr is the poster child for drawing in casual players; plus its a classic, and for good reason. When i owned it, all my friends/family naturally gravitated towards it. Casual gamers get tunnel vision when they play, all they can focus on is the ball, so when games give you options that you must look at the display, casual gamers get lost + confused quick. So i give AFM the win hands down for casual player appeal. But, as an owner, i really appreciate and love variety in a game and that’s where SW and DP shine. It’s too soon to tell if casual players will like DP; from what i can tell, only us players and hobbyist will truly appreciate the satisfaction of the shot geometry while casual players may find it too difficult. Simple easy Flow is king for casual gamers.

As for long term last ability (in a small pin lineup); that’s where SW & DP will shine over AFM. DP is loaded with variety in sound package, the difficult shots and overall fun of the game keep me coming back. Whether I have a short game, or a long game on DP, there’s always something that checks the satisfaction box. SW is loaded with different ways to play the game with much harder brutal gameplay and has a really unorthodox ruleset that is like no other. I give DP the nod for the overall total package - from rules, to shots, to code, to display, to fun factor.

Hope that helps.

#2966 4 years ago
Quoted from GymRatt:

Just wondering if the flipper power and bumper power is adjustable? I don't see any settings to adjust the flipper &amp; bumper power in the setting menus. I have a home use Deadpool LE which seems to have sluggish flipper power compared to other Deadpool machines I have played. Played a Deadpool Pro machine yesterday in a arcade and it really seems to really whack the balls around very noticeably quicker. Flippers seem to have a good snap to them. The bumpers on the Pro also seem a lot more powerful and really kicking the ball around. Sounded like pop corn at time. Couldn't find a setting for bumper power either. Did i miss something in the settings or are flippers and bumpers not adjustable?

There is a setting for slingshot power as i increased mine slightly.

I did not see a flipper power setting like there is in my IMDN and SW. And I didn’t see any bumpers power setting.

#2968 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Anyone recommend what type of speaker would be good to replace the sub speaker under the playfield?mine sounds terrible. Was wondering if I can replace it with a car 8" sub dont want overload the pin.
Any help would be appreciated etc.
[quoted image]

Did you buy your DP new? If so, hit up Chas at Stern, he’ll send you a free replacement.

I have an external sub for my ACDC + IMDN and it adds a lot to the stock speakers. Highly recommend and you probably don’t even need the stock sub.

For Deadpool; i went ahead and got the 10” FF sub + FF backbox speakers. I installed the sub first and have been running stock bb speakers with the FF sub up until today, i finally got around to installing the FF bb speakers. With the FF sub and stock speakers it really didn’t seem to make a difference, not worth the money. Now with the FF bb speakers installed, the sound system sounds great! I like it better than just the external sub alone as it adds bass and clarity which works perfect for this game and its sound package.

All that said; shoot me a pm if you want to make the drive out to Rancho (I’m right at the 210 and 15), i’ll make sure i can locate my sub i took out of DP (i have it somewhere but gotta remember where i put it lol), and you can have it.

#2974 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Anyone else seen the other secret skill shot other than the 'snikt' skill shot? I haven't seen any mention of this skill shot anywhere and never noticed before. Just hit the right orbit on the plunge then the katana ramp for a ninjapocolypse and it says:
"MKV presents...
MKV Secret skill shot"
I think it was worth 12.5 million.
What is MKV?

MXV skill shot is left flipper hold plunge to right loop then katana ramp.

#3003 4 years ago

I haven’t seen the DP laserific topper, but I’m just not a fan of their others. They look cheap. While overpriced, the sterns seem to look really well designed and built.

#3017 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I started at 7.2 then 6.9, and found a happy medium at 7.0

Update; I’m back up to 7.2 lol. Started at 7.2 per NimblePin suggestion, dropped it to 6.9 which I thought played smoother but not with trap + shoots, went up to 7.0 which was really good but liking the balance that NimblePin recommended with 7.2.

FWIW; I haven’t noticed a difference with the Snikt shot, no matter what the pitch is, that shot is tough as nails.

#3019 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Mine's at 6.8 and plays great. The Katana lock is fantastic. The Snikt shot is practically impossible, but I've hit it. Clever shot.

Yea, Snikt is wild. I can go multiple games without getting a single Snikt, then all of a sudden i’ll get on a roll and can hit it like clockwork. I got to 4x last night, ready to start a battle and light it up in multiball...but drained before I could it going!! doh! its a love/hate shot for sure lol.

#3033 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Has anyone come close to this yet?? If so, please send strategy! [quoted image]

That’s insane!

I’m guessing 5x Snikt’s in Mech Suit, Sauron, clone sinister, megakrakalablabla and mr sinister?

Makes me wonder if they did anything to tweak their Snikt shot or not? I wonder what pitch they run it at? Has anyone done anything to make their Snikt shot more successful?

#3036 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Theres room to angle it a bit more.
I did it and the ball definitely gets up a sknit more now, but purposely is another topic.

How did you do it? Did you just straight up bend it? or did you loosen it, and give a little tweak as you retightened?

#3043 4 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Minor nit as I love the game and appreciate all the team has done, but it seems like for the 10 on the Match Wheel there is an extra space between the 1 and 0 so it looks like 1 0. Seems like that could be a easy fix/polish with any next update.

I wish that was all that was wrong with my SW or ACDC pins

#3054 4 years ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

Hey guys, quick question I didn't want to make a thread for. Im super close to pulling the trigger on DP prem (maybe pro, but leaning prem). It's in a toss up with IMDN and BM66 for me. I havent got to play a Deadpool yet and I've watched a couple streams, is there any risk/reward factor to the code like there is in BM66 (continuing mode or cashing out with the villains)?? I really love that about BM66 and feel like the code is super deep for my one pin collection and it wouldn't get boring. But Deadpool then and art and layout looks a lot more appealing to me. Looks like maybe going for Snikts before starting modes is kinda risk/reward.

Plenty of risk/reward strategies. None like Lyman with the press your luck aspect. But there is lots of breadth in this game. The main one is the battles; trying to bring in team ups to your villain battles is very lucrative, and not just for points but for progression. Especially when you get to level 2 battles, you almost need to go for a team up partner or 3 or 4. Points wise, you can really blow the game up if you bring in your team ups.

#3056 4 years ago
Quoted from stevebighead:

Looking for some DP instruction cards, can't seem to find any.? I hate those yellow Stern ones!

I approve of this message. Anyone?

#3060 4 years ago

I have weapon stacking turned off on all my multiballs except disco mb and Sauron so getting to 100 weapons is super rare. But it makes mech suit mb more lucrative to get to. I wish there was a setting to increase # of weapons for each award like making mech suit qualified at 75 weapons or something.

Quoted from mannymasy:

I have difficulty obtaining multipliers ... your target is like mine?[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, that’s how mine is. I think pitch plays a factor in the success of the shot, but I really like where my pitch setting is at so I started playing around with my Snikt target and did something that appears to make it smoother and better, but I only got to test it on one or two games but got to 3x real quick in both. I’m with the kids now getting ready for SW day at the library, but lemme see if I can sneak in a quick pick and share so you guys can try and report back.

#3061 4 years ago

Snikt adjustment:

Alright guys here we go. Piggy backing off what Mahoyvan did to his Snikt, I didn’t want to screw a new hole. So to compensate with my pitch and difficulty to make a successful Snikt, here’s what I did, real simple:

Added a washer to the top screw under the plate.

7D9E995A-F2A6-4642-9115-6AA83C1DE647 (resized).jpeg7D9E995A-F2A6-4642-9115-6AA83C1DE647 (resized).jpeg

And if you guys are lazy like me, you can use some cutters to cut the washer. Then loosen both the screws, lift up on the plate, and slide the washer under the top screw, then tighten the screws.

D1294BDA-92CB-479C-8077-34987DC66085 (resized).jpegD1294BDA-92CB-479C-8077-34987DC66085 (resized).jpeg

Like I said, I haven’t got to test this much but a few games and won’t be able to test more til tonight, but so far it seems to help. Feel free to give it a shot. Takes 10 minutes to do. Otherwise, wait for my follow up report at the end of the weekend

#3067 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Snikt adjustment:
Alright guys here we go. Piggy backing off what mahoyvan did to his Snikt, I didn’t want to screw a new hole. So to compensate with my pitch and difficulty to make a successful Snikt, here’s what I did, real simple:
Added a washer to the top screw under the plate.
[quoted image]
And if you guys are lazy like me, you can use some cutters to cut the washer. Then loosen both the screws, lift up on the plate, and slide the washer under the top screw, then tighten the screws.
[quoted image]
Like I said, I haven’t got to test this much but a few games and won’t be able to test more til tonight, but so far it seems to help. Feel free to give it a shot. Takes 10 minutes to do. Otherwise, wait for my follow up report at the end of the weekend

Yea, I’m gonna go ahead and say this adjustment helps! Much less air balls from the Snikt shot, and much more reliable.

0C54D968-197D-4C0F-9224-FE9FF95A527A (resized).jpeg0C54D968-197D-4C0F-9224-FE9FF95A527A (resized).jpeg

#3070 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So the effect is that it lowers the edge of the target closest to the player when the playfield is down?

I think it raised it a millimeter of a hair On the far side of the target so in essence bringing it slightly closer to the player. Before i was getting air balls off the Snikt. Now, if i hit it right it completes the shot. I still get an air ball from time to time, but not as often. It looks more like Flipnaught Snikt now.

Ive only got about a dozen plays like this so time will tell if the target moves/adjusts itself, but so far so good. In my first 2 weeks owning the pin, i had little to no issues with the Snikt (or so i thought). It seemed to get harder and harder as time went by. The washer adjustment certainly helps and makes it feel like how when i first got the game.

#3071 4 years ago

Here’s a couple shots of my Snikt shot now (didn’t take a before shot unfortunately). It only moved ever so slightly though.

0099DE94-C501-444C-BAB6-D8F7CB374DF2 (resized).jpeg0099DE94-C501-444C-BAB6-D8F7CB374DF2 (resized).jpeg1C9E9F19-1872-4C68-A976-99DAD21873EA (resized).jpeg1C9E9F19-1872-4C68-A976-99DAD21873EA (resized).jpegA96C3BE0-0576-4CDD-9CEE-265F28A95BE8 (resized).jpegA96C3BE0-0576-4CDD-9CEE-265F28A95BE8 (resized).jpegD0F1B487-0643-4FCB-A734-31711287FB47 (resized).jpegD0F1B487-0643-4FCB-A734-31711287FB47 (resized).jpeg
#3075 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Very interesting seeing the angle of your compared to mine and Mannymasy's. Assuming Mannymasy's is the intended angle of the snikt shot, and ours is adjusted(whether it be with a washer or on its own like in my case) this may be what's needed to make the shot easier. I can't say 100% that the angle of mine has helped, but I feel like it has.
This raises an interesting thought to me though. With the snikt shot being so valuable, it is intended to be hard. Does adjusting a shot like this to be easier ruin the spirit of the shot? Or am I overthinking that? I guess in the end it's no different than changing any other setting. Not trying to start anything, just wondering what others thought.
Speaking of settings, what is the difference with some of the other pre-installed settings such as the Directors cut? I tried some of them out but didn't really notice a difference and returned back default settings.

Like i said earlier; The adjustment made the shot feel like it did in the first 2 weeks of owning the machine when i was able to get my Snikt up to 4x and 5x - however, the last couple weeks, i would be lucky to get one Snikt in a game. I don’t think the shot was intended to air ball off the ramp which is what mine started doing. That’s when i felt a washer would help raise the target and prevent airballs. Also, when i watched streams of Zach & Keith + Deadflip + dontpanicflip that i saw how smooth their games were on the Snikt shot. And trust me, its no gimme now - it just doesn’t go flying off the ramp and bouncing around on plastics anymore. I even had a couple trapped balls between wolverines legs haha; it feels like it did when i first got the game.

In my 4 bil game though; i dont recall ever going above 3x until i got 100 weapons + completed lil Deadpool bounce mode then started the final 2 Mr Sinister modes and got 2 Snikt shots for 5x.

#3082 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That's the part I don't get. Adding a washer under the PF will LOWER the target, since it goes between the bracket and the playfield, pulling it down on the top side, not raising it up.

heh good point. Maybe lowering it in the back (just one screw) is the minor adjustment it needed?

Well i just played a few more games and had a hard time making the shot. One thing i noticed, a couple weeks ago i increased the slingshot power. When i put the washer in i put the slingshot power back to default. This morning, i increased slingshot power again and was having a hard time on the Snikt. So, i wonder if there’s some intermittent bug or power issue with the slingshot power affecting the flipper power too? And i wonder why they decided not to put flipper power settings in the adjustment menu?

In either case; I’m gonna move on for now and enjoy. Though, i may start looking at tweaking the katana ramp soon. That shot is very much like the Snikt where its hit and miss. From loop returns, it seems i can hit it very well. From trapped position, it has a hard time taking even on smooth hits. Has anyone actually tried the pliers method and opening the ball guide with positive results?

#3090 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I'm thinking of joining the club soon. Pro much worse then premium? for me, it's all about that left orbit smooth transistion on the premium which I love but damn, is that enough to justify 2k+? hmmmm
Also - the shot directly to the right of the left ramp.....it looks like I can hit it and it should horeshoe around to the left but I've never had it loop around. Is that shot makeable?

that’s the colossus shot. It’s freakin bad ass!

#3093 4 years ago

Regarding Snikt. I think it’s jjst psychological; I played a bunch of games and couldn’t get it over 2x. Then finally came through with a 3x twice in one game. Id be curious to hear others though that do the washer and see if they notice an improvement.

#3095 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so is it just the machine I played or can you really make that shot go through?

One thing about DP. Because the shots are unique, they don’t always take. It does play a bit klunky. As for that shot, yes; it can and does go through and when it does it feels dam good. If you’re looking for a Steve Ritchie flow festival, you’re not going to get it in this machine. But these shots feel better than no other pin when you get it going.

#3099 4 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

1.01 or greater code really helps. T-Rex with PF multiplier is key.

I have yet to score well in T-Rex. Granted I think the best multiplier I’ve had with it is 2x. Collosus + Domino + wolverine + Juggernaut + Lil DP mb will cash in a ton of points.

#3103 4 years ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

I did it. Ordered a premium from my boy Zach at flipnout. First nib game ever.
So any must have mods? I see you all replace your pinballs immediately, any recommendations on which ones to get? Anything else I should adjust or need to do straight out of the box?
F I'm excited lol.

Nice! Congrats.

shaker for sure. Upgrade your speakers somehow if possible, sound package is worthy of it. Either external sub or full speaker upgrade (i.e. flipper fidelity).

This game is certainly starting to pick up momentum. I hope I’m not in la la land with how good i think it is lol.

#3127 4 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

They turn every game into a xmas tree.

That’s not a good thing.

Quoted from GravitaR:

All the bulb reflections they create are mind blowing.

That sounds amazing.

Quoted from GravitaR:

They turn every game into a xmas tree. All the bulb reflections they create are mind blowing.

So which is it?

#3134 4 years ago

Snikt adjustment update Log:

Trying to understand more about the shot and design, i dug into Snikt a bit more. Have a look at the picture below:

E267CA31-8D18-4757-89EC-5831619C742B (resized).jpegE267CA31-8D18-4757-89EC-5831619C742B (resized).jpeg

You can see the target has a 90deg angle cut into it. When you hit the shot, this angle compacts with the metal rail perfectly aligned for support and gives a Snikt successful shot. Your accuracy and power must be pristine.

I believe the washer i added put the Snikt target a hair off alignment which compensated for my high pitch (7.2 deg) allowing more clean friction between the 90deg angle of the target and the metal rail - but this morning it started failing again on me so that may not be the fix i needed, and i wanted to try some more experimentation. I then added a 2nd washer, this made the thick part of the Snikt target hit the metal rail every time - there was less give and room for the target to breathe; my Snikt success rate shot up greatly. However, it didn’t feel quite right; like when hitting the target it took away that satisfying feel with how little give it had so for now, I’m not ok with this adjustment. However, if you’re having a real hard time try it - 2 washers under the Snikt screw; refer to my original post for which one: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/62#post-5012388

That said; i removed both washers and sure enough i was back to square one. But then, i had a thought - i loosened the screw that i was putting washers under by approx a full turn. The target still felt secure (with the other screw in place), but loosening the screw moved the target ever so slightly. It gave the shot it’s feeling back, is still tough as nails, but not impossible.

So there’s a couple techniques you guys can try as i ponder other ideas.

1. Add 2 washers for great success rate with a drawback of losing the feeling of the shot.

2. Or try just loosening that screw a bit to align the target better with the metal rail.

In short, the less wiggle room the target has between it and the metal rail, the easier the shot will be. Searching for the happy medium is the hard part.

Good luck, Snikt for life!

#3139 4 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

LOL, knew I should have included an emoji. Mindblowing as to how anyone can like them.

GOTCHA! And that’s kind of what i thought. It was early and I hadn’t played any pinball when i first read your post lol

#3148 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This would be a very easy choice in my mind if the premium didn't have that left orbit loop but damn I was just playing the premium and it's fantastic. That shot.... Is it worth it? Sounds crazy but I think it might be bc the game flows so well with it. Damn it Stern

Try not to think of it as DP PREM vs DP PRO. But more like DP PREM vs a JJP game or any stern LE. There, saved you $2500.

#3150 4 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I like a certain amount of flow. I loved the rules to My GOT premium. But there wasn’t one good feeling shot on that pin! The right ramp to the upper playfield rejected a lot. And if you made it you got stuck in the upper playfield or at least slowed down. The left ramp got locked or at least slowed down by the sword. The right loop sometimes got diverted to upper playfield. But I would have kept that pin if I just could have got some flow from the left orbit. But no matter what I did I couldn’t get that left orbit to flow.
There are some great shots on Deadpool pro, katana, snkt, and colossal. And those shots alone are plenty if that’s what’s in your budget. I went with the pro. I have a small line up. And unique pins earn a spot. Right now DeadPool Pro is earning it’s spot. The premium with the left orbit to right flipper would probably be a long term keeper. As it is I’m thinking about trading for a SW premium.

Well, I might get blasted for this; but keep in mind its just my opinion:

You’re really playing Opposite Day in the pinball world if you want flow and good shots.

GOT: Pro all day every day .
DP: Premium for the full experience
SW: This is subjective, but pro is a great bang for the buck with better flow. Premium if your into even more cheap drains; shooting the hyper loop is great when destroying the Death Star - but that’s about it.

If i were you, i’d Probably trade DP Pro for SW Pro (and get a few hundred bucks your way). Then use that extra cash, sell TWD prem, and buy DP Prem. And again, ill get blasted - but TWD PRO is more fun than it’s premium Flow wise and shot wise - IMO.

#3155 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Is this really a controversial opinion? I thought it was fact. I thought TWD Premium was the way to go. Then I played it.

Majority of the people will swear by the premium for TWD; i owned one for 6 mos. Then, i played a pro - wow! What a difference.

#3185 4 years ago

Shaker and upgraded speakers for sure. Anything else is just icing on the cake. I plan to get mirror blades to enhance the awesome light show. And I continue to procrastinate on ordering PinMonk pinmonk lens trees for the multipliers and for my IMDN too lol.

#3204 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I'm in the club. I'm proud to say this is my one and only mod[quoted image]

Lol sweet! Welcome to the club.

#3239 4 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

Are you tired of that Silly little kids toy in the middle of your playfield, then this is the mod for you. Made of hard durable plastic, this is a direct replacement of the little Deadpool in the middle. Hand painted with red , black and grey high lights, this mod is the new center piece to this awesome game. Approximately 4 inches wide and 5 inches tall, it has a hollow interior allowing the deadpool character to glow with the flasher underneath. It looks stunning in the game compared to that weird springy toy from the factory. Easy install, two screws to take little man off, and one screw to put on this cool new mod. Visit www.modfatherpinball.com[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry. But that just does not fit into the game well. It’s like the oversized wolverine figure in X-men.

#3298 4 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Baby delivered Monday
Deadpool delivered Friday
Decent week[quoted image]

And you look TAF.....Tired As Fuck! Lol. I have little kids too. Congrats on both!

#3334 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I think the left ramp, to center spinner, to Katana ramp is one of the best combos in pinball. Anyone agree?

Agreed! But How about left ramp > right loop > Katana for the chimichanga ninjapocalypse lock combo

#3377 4 years ago

Looks bitchin when playing in a dark room at night. The ceiling has disco lights going round and round; reminds me of the TAF’s topper and its effect. And The playfield lights up nicely with it too; all around just a fun mode.

#3446 4 years ago

Shakers seem to be hit or miss these days - but I think it’s on the programming? I love it in DP - I think I did put it on moderate in settings. On SW, the shaker was way too violent so I put it in IMDN and it’s great.

#3448 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Boom[quoted image][quoted image]

Beer
Deadpool
Friday

You win sir! Congrats

#3461 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Oh. I was thinking maybe the prior owner had put it on easy level or something since rule card says hit pool targets to light lock.

It was like that in the original code. Now you only have to hit POOL to light locks on any multiballs after the first one. Drop targets also are used as mentioned above to light regeneration as well as your mystery.

#3496 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I changed my lock settings to difficult so I have to drop the pool targets to light each lock. I really like it this way.

Another change that I like to make the game slightly harder is turning weapon stacking off for lil Deadpool multiball and ninja multiball. While I’d rather see an individual setting for # of weapons to qualify mech suit mb, this certainly helps make the mode more lucrative.

Also, set your max extra balls to 1. I think you can increase difficulty to earn the extra ball via weapons too?

#3516 4 years ago
Quoted from miga:

But where do you adjust the flipper power???
Can’t find it? Looked „everywhere“
?

I found it strange; but they didn’t have flipper power adjustments in this game. Not sure if there’s a reason for that. My other spike2 games have it.

#3531 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How frequently are you guys reaching Mech Suit MB? I feel like I'm seeing it to frequently? Anyone adjust the settings to make it more difficult?

I posted it the other day. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/70#post-5064130

Basically turn weapon stacking off for lil DP mb and ninja mb. You can turn it off for disco mb and Sauron too but I leave those on.

#3534 4 years ago

Am I invisible? Hmmm maybe I should start a thread

#3540 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Think I need to make that first extra ball harder to get too.

Man, if only someone would recommend turning weapon stacks off; could solve many of your last few issues.

#3561 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Congrats on your Deadpools guys.....
How smooth a shooter is it once setup?
I’m going insane trying to make my mind up....
Got room for one more Pin - getting to the coin flipping stage between a NIB DP Premium or a used HUO Metallica

Metallica is no doubt the smoother shooter, but DP has more satisfying and interesting shots. Metallica is a pretty boring layout to be honest, but it does flow nice. DP layout is much more random in the flow dept - at times it’s shooting like butter, then you can get into a stump where shots start getting redirected. Depends how well you have it setup; I have mine setup very nice but that doesn’t mean the katana ramp or cyclops turn around take every time - this randomness does make the game harder, but depending on your OCD, it can be frustrating. It’s classic Gomez Klunk-Flow; very much like LOTR.

As for ruleset. Metallica has much much more built in with more polish. It’s hard to compete against Lyman sheats in this dept. that said; DP is no slouch, but it does have a few things that need polishing, the biggest being that mini modes take priority over lit wizard modes (i.e. Beserker rage for 40 secs trumps the ability to fight megakrakalodonus Rex... or any of the other wizard modes). Not smart coding tbh and could be fixed easily by either suspending the mini mode once the wizard mode starts and continue it when the wizard mode ends, or just stack it in the background.

#3567 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

IMDN is ok. I like the layout but imo, it shoots like shit. Ramps are hard to dial in as are the mini upper flipper shots. Still a fun game, but for me, MET is a good bit ahead of the other two in layout and code.

You need to play a better setup IMDN. Mine shoots like gold. I can actually play Icarus with ramp combos. And I can build my loop jackpots to over 10 mil with the upper left mini flipper - though it’s still tough to do and rare. Add in the upper right flipper loop shots with the upper left flipper staged up or risk the shot and keep it down. Shoots like a dream IMO.

What I like about DP is the end game content is closer to the start button than IMDN or MET. And there’s quite a bit of diversity and breadth as you progress to it (the battles can be played differently each time you play, or you can play them vanilla and boring like). So I can see the entire game on DP in less than 25 mins; where as IMDN (besides run to the hills) is < 30 mins and Metallica is <35 mins (on old code), probably <30 mins now (minus end of the line).

#3575 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

When you say battles in DP can be played differently vs the boring way can you elaborate more? As a fairly new owner I want to ensure im aware of both ways! Haha
Btw thanks for the maiden and met input. To me I owned both for a little while and felt like the ramp placements made them feel a little too similar but I can see how some can own both and not mind

The team ups and the BOOM are what mixes up the battles. If you don’t use either of those, then it’s just shoot the same blinky light. Otherwise, you can use the team ups and booms and work on different combos to defeat your opponent faster and to get a higher final shot value. Risk/Reward. I had one the other night against Mystique that something like this: Dazzler Team up > Left Ramp > center shot > BOOM > left ramp > Katana Ramp > Dazzler Team up > Boom just as i hit the shot into the scoop for a final blow.

And your score reflects how well you do something like that in a battle. If you just hit the normal shots with no team up you’ll get roughly 5-20 mil final blow. But it’s Pretty dam awesome when you get a 100 mil non multiplied final blow shot; think my best is just over 300 mil (multiplied).

#3586 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's your best disco loops? I got 100 million the other day and was pretty proud of myself.

Nice!! I honestly haven’t looked at many of my totals for the mini modes. High score table is definitely needed to keep track of some of the little goodies like that.

#3617 4 years ago

Code desperately needs 2 changes:

1. Fix the road block that doesn’t allow Starting a wizard mode when it’s qualified while One of the mini modes are running.

2. Add high score tables.

#3622 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Li'l Deadpool's target is massively used in the T-Rex quest to finish it. You have to hit it over and over.

It’s used a bunch in Megakrakoladonus Rex too. Coded nicely actually.

#3661 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

i did the tweezer trick and the ramp def feels better. thanks. Actually put up my best score right after I did it....695m (good for me)....

What’s the tweezer trick?

#3678 4 years ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Looks like I need to replace my hell house scoop. I noticed a lot of rejects lately and looking at it closer it is bent where it goes over the playfield and the vertical part on the right side is cracked and bent inwards.
It looks like all I will need is part # 515-9984-00 BRACKET-EJECT. Can someone please confirm this? Also, looking online a little, I am having trouble finding one. What's the best route for this? Keep looking? Contact Stern? Or the retailer I purchased it from? Would this be a warranty issue? I purchased my machine on April 12, just under 3 months ago. Thanks.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you’re the original owner, hit Chas up at stern. He’ll more than likely send you a new one at no charge.

Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Weird,when I got to it for the first time yesterday I had a ball left and when I drained and went to ball 3,it was just normal play
I hit the scoop then it just offered me option to fight battles again

Megakrakalodonus Rex is a one and done mode. However, there is a bug somewhere in the code that relights it on a ball drain. I tilted out once and it was relit so I thought that was the bug but haven’t been able to reproduce it.

#3679 4 years ago

All in all I think the wizard modes are very cleverly written. Simple, yet effective.

#3705 4 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

hey all, not a member yet, but I think soon - can somebody explain the team ups - seems like an interesting addition to the battle modes, but I'm not clear how they work - can you have a team up with several characters at once or only one at a time ? So each team up character has a shot which qualifies them (before the mode), but do you have to keep shooting the team up shot to keep it afloat (maintain their health?) during the battle mode ?

I’ll do my best to explain team ups:

+ you can qualify as many team up characters (Dazzler, Colossus, Wolverine, Domino) as you want prior to starting a battle.

+ any Team ups qualified will be shown with the blue insert lit solid and that characters health bar on the display will be full.

+ the team ups do two things; 1. They add an additional shot to your battle for additional damage and 2. They give you some kind of perk (i.e. Wolverine grants double damage for all lit battle shots making it easier to win a battle).

+ no need to continue to keep shooting the team up shot to keep it afloat.

+ once you start a battle, you will lose any team ups once the battle is complete or if you lose your ball.

+ lastly, it takes 2 shots to one character to qualify them as a team up. This gets progressively harder once you’ve used them in a team up in battle. For example, you can make 2 dazzler shots and 2 domino shots and have dazzler and domino in your first battle. Then, it’ll take 3 shots (I believe) to those characters if you want to qualify them for the next battle; since Collosus or wolverine haven’t been qualified yet, they’ll be 2 shots to qualify still even if it’s on your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc... battle until you use them, then they become harder to be qualified. This plays a lot of strategy into the game as you can try to beat battles early on without team ups at the beginning then use them later qualifying them easier for the 2nd stage battles vs Sauron.

#3712 4 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Anyone have a link for a stream of the most recent code?

Deadflip on a pro a few weeks back:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/444273861

#3723 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

I'm having some strange Ninja Multiball / Katana Ramp issues. Started a new game, hit the skill shot and locked a ball in the katana ramp. Except it released the ball and play continued. There were no other balls in the lock. Locked a second ball and that one stays. Both times the display shows Ball # locked. Hit the Snikt but the ball does not go up or near the ramp. Ninja multiball starts.
Other strange issue regarding the katana lock, different game. Locked my first ball and it stayed in the katana as it should. Upon draining, the game sits, initiates a ball search and kicks the ball out of the katana and continues play.
I've completed both the trough test and katana test in the diagnostics menu. I've gone into switch test and all the optos are aligned. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Opto switches are a pain in the butt. One day they work, the next they don’t. Try reseating the connections under the playfield that go to all those opto boards. It’s possible one loose connection could be causing the sporadic issues in vibrations. Also check the opto at the top of the katana ramp on the left.

1 week later
#3755 4 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

My machine is the opposite. I have an easier time hitting it from a cradle. There’s not much room for err, but I’ve been able to get it up to 5x on occasion.

Mine too! It’s weird when I first got the game, it was easier to make on a lane return, now I have more success from a cradle. In fact, just last night I had 4x going into T-Rex, bumped it to 5x and ended up cashing in a 280’ish mil final shot for a 460 mil or so mode completion. That was a first for me.

#3758 4 years ago

I love it when I miss the scoop or Collosus with my right flipper and hit the post on the left that then ricochets into the Snikt for a successful shot.

#3772 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

set Pitch to about 6.8. A lot harder than the premium we played in the wild. We were getting the katana multiball on most games, on our one with the steeper pitch we get one lock per game! Colossus loop on the one on route was underwhelming, would just dribble out. Ours ricochets out to the jackpot target next to the bumper, so cool!
Anyway, here are the issues we have to dial in:
1. Ball on orbits during launch and play seems to catch something on both orbit gates, just slows ball down a little, not all the time, intermittent.
2. Sometimes left loop ball diverter is not down and ball goes to plunger.
3. Ball has fallen off katana after diverter, saw fix to add extra rubber stop to ball diverter can do this.
4. Very noisy fan when switched on but not being played, is this normal?
5. Ball gets stuck at the bottom of the top lane switches and between a pop bumper and a post (don’t know how this can be fixed). Refer pictures.
It’s late here, will search how to resolve tomorrow, if some kind person can help me out appreciate. Love this game. Bought it cos my wife found JJP pirates boring. Lucky me!

1. Try removing the bottom rubber from the Star post at the top right corner control gate. I removed mine and barely get any hangups.

2. I think it’s switch logic with code. Typically in a one ball game, it should always go down and divert. If this is not the case, perhaps you have an intermittent switch issue? During multiball, when balls are flying from shooter lane or double orbit shots, the diverter will sometimes miss a ball.

3. I’m curious what the fix is to the katana ramp diverted. I haven’t tried anything personally, but when I clean the playfield I notice ball hops off of the the diverter from speed. Doesn’t happen often but about time I start digging in myself to fix.

4. Fan noise is normal for spike games. I believe PinMonk has a fix in his pin monk store but it doesn’t personally bother me so I kept it factory.

5. Not sure. I had a similar issue with my acdc and I think it gradually fixed itself over time (roughly after 50 plays).

#3794 4 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks paul_8788 adjusted bumper hopefully that fixes.
Thanks eskaybee for your help and your enthusiasm for this game. Your championing actually was one of the reasons I decided on this one. So took the rubber off the post, orbits are smoother. Nice.
Also thanks to the dude who mentioned putting a bend in the katana ramp ball guide. Hitting that baby all day now.
Effing awesome game. Such a buzz, even if completed just such mindless fun. Integration is the best I’ve seen. This is how you do graphics for a modern pin. Poor pirates won’t be played for a while.

What's the bend you guys are doing to your katana ramp?

#3798 4 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

I haven't done this myself, but I believe this is the link to the posts that contain the info on the bend -
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-elses-opinion-changed-on-deadpool?tu=fattdirk

Question. What are the spade bolts he’s referring to on the end of the guides? Are they under the pf?

3 weeks later
#4001 4 years ago

Hardest to easiest for me:

Snikt
Katana
Colossus
Domino
Dazzler
Left ramp
Wolverine

Love ripping those dazzler loops.

2 weeks later
#4131 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

What are people still hoping for in future code updates?

+ Fix priority writing for mini modes that cock block you from being able to start a wizard mode.

+ this game needs a high score table like a lot of sterns with individual achievements.

+ there’s still a couple minor bugs out there like the outlane save being used when ball saver is active. Once in a blue moon I still get odd behavior with lil Deadpool, mainly when I have Juggernaut running.

3 weeks later
#4273 4 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Sorry I'm so late to the party on this, had no idea it was such a great machine.
I guess what I'm wondering, and I know this is a long shot here, is can anyone tell me how I got 215m like that? My buddy watching said I doubled my score, twice. I know this is really reaching since none of you were there, and I SHOULD know wtf I'm doing, but I don't.
What could I possibly have been hitting that would double my score?
Sorry for the ramble and thanks in advance.

Snikt. One of the best shots in pinball. Its a target to the right of the center shot, hit it ‘just right’ and the ball will ricotet up the ramp next to it. Each successful Snikt increases your pf multiplier; 2x, 3x, 4x, and 5x. Do that and get a multiball going and 200mil is possible. 1+ bill is a good score on this game for what it’s worth. Grats on the win, glad you like it. I still play it constantly.

1 week later
#4352 4 years ago

Finishing lil DP bounce also rewards a 2x base multiplier for the remainder of the ball. Cool mini mode with a nice reward. Best to stack it with Juggernaut (2).

1 week later
#4409 4 years ago

In case you guys missed it. Kevin and Nick did a Deadpool review in their latest ‘Bro do you even pinball’ twitch podcast. While I disagree with their take on the call outs l, comedy, and shere variety of them; They gave the game a very fair and high review. That said, Tanio or Waison (not sure who) was in chat. And while the bro crew were picking away at some of the rules like mini modes blocking wizard modes, Tanio/Waison said in chat that a code update will be coming. No indications on when. But really glad to hear they are not done with this one. Personally, I am Hoping for some high score achievement tables.

#4431 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Same, it has officially dislodged Iron Maiden for my favorite modern pin.

Same here, it’s still my go to pin. Can’t get enough of it.

Quoted from punkin:

It's going to end up a top ten.

BEE44D67-848E-47B1-A209-AAEBEEF93A42 (resized).jpegBEE44D67-848E-47B1-A209-AAEBEEF93A42 (resized).jpeg
#4448 4 years ago

Hitting the Snikt shot is one of the most satisfying ‘feel good’ shots in all of pinball. I better be rewarded for it through software....both with rules and sounds. I think they nailed it On all accounts.

1 week later
#4537 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

The ball will divert into the pops on the premium in any of the battles if a disco mode isn't running I am pretty sure.

Nope; only Sabertooth.

Mystique: Loops around - Stack with Dazzler team up for some cool mode diversity. Add in disco loops for some serious stacking.
Juggernaut: Loops. Best stacked with lil dead pool bounce and/or a multiball.
T-Rex: Loops. But i typically go for left ramp, lil DP for quickest completion.
Megladon: Loops. Great for katana Rama + ninja multiball.

#4614 4 years ago

This game does not need Ryan Reynolds. That is all.

#4662 4 years ago

If you guys are having issues with the ball jumping off the sword ramp from loop returns, a well placed piece of ball dead drop foam fixed it for me.

6862864A-8733-4701-AB28-D683AAD77823 (resized).jpeg6862864A-8733-4701-AB28-D683AAD77823 (resized).jpeg
#4675 4 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Where do you get ball drop dead foam? Mine only bounces out occasionally but would like to fix it 100%. Thanks!

Pinbits
https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=131

1 week later
#4723 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I never got a chance to play a Premium and decided to get a pro but my brother talked me into the Premium. I am glad he did because the Premium is a blast. It does not seem like a lot of difference but when you add it up it is.... These are the differences
1) Diverter to right flipper - this one is a huge difference in game play. It is a great shot and feels so good to hit it
2) 8 more Drop Targets - I love drop targets
3) Premium side art is beautiful and I think the best of the 3 models. There are some that think the Pro translite is better but for me there is not much difference.
4) Molded figures and molded chimichanga truck - they look good and the figures have spotlights attached
5) Disco Ball - cool effects and fun mode. The Premium also gets another mode.
6) Red Powder Coated Ramp - everyone knows Red is faster (j/k)
7) you also get all the plastics from the Pro if you want to put some on the game. I probably will leave them off.

Fully agree. Regarding translite though, I bought the pro one and it looks great with the premium package.

#4724 4 years ago

RE: lil DP multiball + scoring. Just some random thoughts:

It seems perfect to me. Multiball balance with code is an art form it seems these days. Back in the day it was grind out multiball after multiball - rinse/repeat/repetition. Lil DP mb is fairly easy to start, but they have a great balance of it not being easily repeatable. As for scoring, the reward becomes great when you get to the final stage of the mode and are ripping the 2 spinner shots. Very satisfying stage of the multiball ripping that left orbit as many times as possible in the short allocated time - It’s a really cool super jackpot hurryup mode built into the multiball.

#4761 4 years ago

I have a new pinball term to describe Deadpool...Precision Flow.

#4782 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

I don't get this. People spend $7,000+ on pinball machines and then save $20 on a knock off shaker motor? Some work well, some don't. At one point they all had problems, plus it voids your warranty.

Pinball life sells both versions, sterns and their own. I’ve bought both. I typically have had a more pleasant experience with the Pinball life ones than the official ones. They seem slightly less jerky, but that could be a mental thing - just my experience.

The cointaker red tremor is complete garbage. (Sorry Chris and Melissa).

#4827 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i've just heard they've put last code on the DEADPOOL PRO near my house, erasing (my) hi-scores... lol
than i decided to go few houres this afternoon &amp; say hello...

win FINAL BATTLE, but scoring is way lower than what i've done on a LE
that snikt target/PF multiplicators is getting too much importance in how you'll score comparing 2 "similar" games
i feel that's the small weak point of this very nice/fun pinball

I honestly don’t think the Snikt multiplier shot is overpowering. It really is a dangerous shot to miss, at least on my machine. Risk/reward baby!

But how’s this sound for an idea. Give out a few more per ball multiplier awards like how lil Deadpool bounce and getting 100 weapons is setup now. For example, 3 ninjapocalypse’s in one ball grants 2x for remainder of ball. And/Or ghosting a certain # of ninjas.

#4873 4 years ago

I have an issue with my left lil Deadpool drop target not always resetting in the up position properly. Becomes a real nuisance during T-Rex mode. Any tips or tricks for making an adjustment would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

#4875 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You mean it doesn't stay up when reset?
Two possibilities:
1. The plastic ledge "lip" is too far away from shelf that holds the target up because the target is warping/bending slightly from the ball hits. Stern's crappier target plastic bends over time now, I guess. Bend it back if it has a slight curve.
2. Thin plastic shelf that the target rests on when up has broken. This is unlikely if the problem is intermittent. However, Stern has cheaped out on these ledges, too. I never had seen a broken one on any pin ever until GoT broke like 6 months in. Took out the part and it's paper thin now. Another hidden cost-cut for a penny or two.

Nice. Thanks PinMonk - yes, it doesn’t stay up. Looks like I may have been on the right track as I actually did #1 a couple weeks ago and that seemed to do the trick, but just started acting up again so made the post to see what others did. I’ll look into bending it again, knowing that others have done that makes me feel better about actually doing that too

#4891 4 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

Same too!! I’ve had to do it a few times

Ditto

#4906 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

So, I finally finished my chrome upgrade on my Deadpool Premium. I’ve never seen a chromed DP before. Plating done by pinballplating.com.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Yeah, I thought about that. I wasn’t sure if that was too much chrome. I kinda like some color accent with the red.

I love it! But I do agree, changeout the red back box trim. Then you can call it the Colossus Edition

#4921 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

My best first ball yet on Deadpool... unfortunately couldn't keep my mojo going and just missed my high score by 20 million... finishing with 2.13 Billion![quoted image][quoted image]

Hell yea! This game feels good breaking the billion barrier.

1 week later
#4957 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I saw a new multiball I had not seen nor heard about last week. Something to do with Mr Sinister clones??? Anyone get to this? I THINK I had finished everything but either T-Rex or Megladon mode....

Nice! That’s one of the wizard modes. There are 3:

« Spoiler! Click to reveal.
1. Complete all battles (Once) + both quests = Megakrakaladonus Rex
2. Complete all battles (twice) = Mr Sinister Clone Battle - this sounds like what you described what you got.
3. Complete all battles (Twice) + both quests = Mr. Sinister final battle.
»

1 week later
#5065 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Yep same. Literally punishes you for playing well!

I’d suggest increasing the pitch possibly? I’ve never had a SDTM from lil Deadpool *knocks on wood*

#5080 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Pretty interesting some have it go to the right flipper and others to the left! There has to be something to this. Maybe the metal part where the ball is trapped for Lil Deadpool can be adjusted to change this?

Mine goes to the left. Perhaps there is an adjustment that can be made with the post that it leans on? I’m not at home so can’t check atm.

Quoted from hawkfanz:

Thanks for the input! Any idea what your pitch is? I've got mine at 6.8-6.9. It's perfect for the Katana shot and the Snikt so I'm nervous to change it but I'll change it tonight and get back to you.

If you’re Snikt and katana are working great, then I wouldn’t adjust pitch. And mine is around the same pitch spot as well. There may be another adjustment that can be made around lil Deadpool (see above comments).

#5090 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hell no. Don't go to that dealer again. That's terrible advice.
I use P21S, but basically you want a good carnuba wax. You can get P21S overnight with Prime shipping. This tub lasts forever:
amazon.com link »

+1 on the P21S. Easy to use and doesn’t leave Residue on the pf and cracks like Carnuba wax.

#5098 4 years ago
Quoted from Only68s:

Does anybody else get an outlane drain 90% of the time when you eject from the battle scoop?[quoted image]

Perfect game to practice your live catches.

Ball ejects from scoop, tap the right flipper, voila - ball controlled on right flipper for a nice left loop shot

#5111 4 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I could not disagree with you more.
For 99.9% of the Sterns out there the premium is the way to go for home use. This is how the game designer intended the game to be. With all of the bells and whistles, all of the shots, all of the lighting, all of the toys, all of the features.
The pros are stripped down versions of the real game, intended to cost less and require less maintenance for an operator. They are "pinball lite".
Premium all the way!

Mmmmm id have to disagree to your disagree
Just because a designer designs a game with all the bells and whistles, doesn’t mean it’s the better version.

I think it does boil down to personal preference. Typically, pro modes offer faster pace and better flow while premiums offer more gimmicks at the cost of extra klunk or loss of flow. In the case of DP, it’s the opposite, the prem offers more flow while the pro halts it.

#5135 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

Yes, getting the slicing sound for sure. Have plenty of power from the flipper.

Its hard to explain but I’ll do my best.

It’s not the kind of shot where you just hit the target and it should automatically go up the ramp. You need to hit the right spot with the right amount of velocity. There’s a very narrow margin of success. Once you get dialed in, you can make it a bunch. But then two or 3 games later as dust/wear/dirt/play/fatigue/etc become a factor, you’ll have to get yourself redialed in again.

Hit it too hard in the wrong spot and you’ll get a hop off the ramp. Too soft and it’ll rattle and reject. Too high on the target and it’ll hit wolv spinner. Too low and it’ll hit the ramp post and put the ball in danger of sdtm. Find the sweet spot and oh yea it feels good. But the sweet spot is a moving target from game to game which increases its difficulty.

#5145 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

This is one of my only complaints about the game, the Snikt sound just isn't loud enough and is drowned out by the music especially at high volume.

I have flipper fidelity speakers + sub, and often play with headphones on. Love the sound effect! It probably could be a little more pronounced, but I have no real problem hearing or enjoying it with either of those setups. I don’t have FF speakers in any of my other games (I use external subs), but highly recommend it for DP. Such a great sound package.

#5147 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Sometimes snickt comes off the outside bumper too. Always a happy stroke of luck.

Yea, I love that when it happens. Unfortunately, it’s coded to not reward a pf multiplier if it hits off the pops.

Another one is with the right flipper, hitting the outside part of the blue foam rubber on the left ramp, ricochet it to the Snikt and up the ramp. Now 9 times out of 10 that is luck, but there are times I’ve intentionally gone for that and made it. Love That!

Edit: adding a pic with my attempt of iPhone 8 Markup lol

8FB39D84-EBBC-4B9E-9E41-0EC9F51956A4 (resized).jpeg8FB39D84-EBBC-4B9E-9E41-0EC9F51956A4 (resized).jpeg
#5154 4 years ago
Quoted from mjs2:

Q: has anyone been able to get the super skill shot? The hold left flipper launch and shoot straight to the snikit? I have been able to hit the snikit from the left orbit, just never off a plung.

I’ve done it but typically on accident. Meaning, I go for the katana ramp skill shot and when I brick it back to my left flipper I hit the Snikt shot and get credit.

1 week later
#5263 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't enter Juggernaut without Dazzler on my team. Makes the battle last about 15 seconds with her and a boom.

I’ll have to give that a shot. I usually go with Sabertooth + Dazzler unless I have disco loops, then it’s Mystique. I’ll do Juggernaut with wolverine and/or lil Deadpool mb or ninja mb.

#5327 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Does this work?
On a different topic, something is up with the game. I had another good game going and got to mechsuit multiball, then it reset to a two player game and knocked the score from like 400k down to 30k.
I’ve never seen anything like this. There is no flicker or obvious reboot, announcement or anything. All of the jackpot targets stopped flashing and it was like I just started the game with two balls.
Is there like a button chord to reset it?[quoted image]

I wonder if you have a flakey start button switch and it’s resetting mid game? Maybe try disabling the reset game with start button feature from the menu adjustments? If it keeps happening then it could be the SD card. Maybe hit up Chas or Patrick or stern support about it if it continues.

#5398 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Pitch is good. I moved it up to 7 degrees and it made no impact other than making the game easier.
Just looked under the hood and it already has the 5032 coils (supposed to be 5020 according to the manual) so it already has the weaker coils.
I guess another question is, how do I make the spinners less sensitive? I've never tried to make them less as I normally want them going as long as possible but on this game it makes things way to easy when I get 50+ spins out of a left orbit shot. I already increased the tension on the switch itself with no real change.

A few things I did to make the game harder:
1. Remove the outlane posts completely.
2. Turn off weapon stacking for all the multiballs except Disco mb. I left it on for disco mb as it’s a boutique mode so wanted to give some relevance to help continue progress in the game. But with weapon stacking off on all the other multiballs, it makes mech suit much more lucrative and rewarding.
3. Set extra ball to 60 weapons

As for your spinner, I love ripping it on mine, but it’s no gimmie shot on my machine but it sounds like we’re near the same pitch? Maybe with no outlanes you’ll start seeing the repercussions for missing a loop shot?

1 week later
#5471 4 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

I just beat Mr Sinister Clone MB, Megakrakalodonis Rex MB and Mr Sinister III - The Final Battle! The flippers go dead and another ball respawns. Is there anything else after these 3 wizard modes?[quoted image]

Nice, Congrats! Now take the first set of training wheels off and remove the outlane posts

#5473 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

That is the only problem with the PF mod going up to 5x. If you ever get to something like mech suit mb with 5x going you wont beat that score unless you do it again. Still freaking awesome. Some of the call outside make me LOL.

I hear what you’re saying, but it is a rush to get it that high. That said, the 5x (and I believe, or hope it was intentional) is derived from there being 5 Snikt special edition comics created. Hence, 5x.

#5479 4 years ago
Quoted from ignat:

How are people cleaning and polishing their DPs?
I notice in the Stern manual it says to use Novus2..

Wizards Mist n Shine. JJP approved and recommended. Works amazing! Have been using this stuff for a few years now.

https://www.amazon.com/Wizards-Detailing-Showroom-Chemicals-Mist-N-Shine/dp/B002U729UA/ref=sr_1_2

#5487 4 years ago
Quoted from ignat:

My DPLE just hit 500 games. So you think I light hit of novus2 and a good polish?
Or not bother with novus2 and just clean and wax?
I noticed there are some super light ball tracks or very very light clear coat scratches. What’s the best way to deal with these?

You should be wiping it down every 50-100 plays, or when you start seeing trails, with novus 1 or wizards mist n shine (personal recommendation). Wax every 1000 plays.

2 weeks later
#5552 4 years ago
Quoted from melumga:

Speaking of left ramp plastic, has anyone else's cracked? I'm wondering how I can get a replacement...[quoted image]

Try emailing Chas at stern: [email protected]
And/or email your distributor.

They’re typically good about sending a replacement plastic depending on the history of the machine.

#5566 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

really ? i found it to be very easy (but OK i'm a tournament player)
even if of course, a bad game could always happen...
last time i spend my afternoon on the DP in exploitation near our house, i putted 2 euros in it, to start with 3 credits, played nonstop for houres until the evening, leaving credits on the machine, free game score had goes up to 600M, and got all hiscores from 1.8B to 3.8B...

Game is fairly easy with factory setup. Remove the outlane posts, disable weapon stacking on the main multiballs, increase the pitch to make Snikt riskier and you’ll be in business. Unfortunately, you don’t always get those luxuries on location.

#5571 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

What pitch are you at? Does the premium score different from the pro?

I haven’t checked in a long while. But think I’m around 6.9 or 7.0.

#5574 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Are you plugging the post hole once you remove them?
What setting do you put the outlanes at? Mine are currently max open.
I'm at 7° pitch. Not sure what you mean by Snikt being riskier? It doesn't really seem like a risky shot with a chance to drain, just difficult to accomplish with regularity.
Thanks!

Outlanes pulled completely off.

The Snikt isn’t the riskiest shot in pinball, but I do get a lot of wild ball returns and near center drain returns from not making it.

Oh yea, setup a nice tight tilt on this table too. All that with the outlanes off and tight tilt, plus not being able to stack weapons in multiballs making mech suit more lucrative; has definitely helped my enjoyment of difficulty vs reward satisfaction level.

#5588 4 years ago

Yea, that colossus shot is really under appreciated, and it has such cool sound effects and call outs associated with as well.

#5599 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Kicked Mr. Sinister’s butt last night...pretty cool.
[quoted image]

Time to take the training wheels off and remove those outlanes Will

#5601 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Looks like I might have to...but not sure if the wife will like to play it that way.

Easy. Do it while she’s sleeping and don’t tell her

#5612 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So picked up a DP premium, great game. Feels like there needs to be some additional modes between clone multiball and the final Sinister battle. Maybe some additional levels to the quests? Probably wishful thinking but hoping the code isn't done.

I think one more mode would be a nice fit. Something that incorporates Domino or Ninjapocalypse.

Tanio did mention on a twitch stream (forgot which one now), that there will be one more update. When is the question.

1 week later
#5635 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

Anyone having issues with the right orbit shot catching on something and not going all the way?

Once in a blue moon it does. I haven’t really investigated it though. I know it’s a precision shot, much like all the shots in this game. It might catch the tiny ball guide on the right, or possibly either a misaligned gate at top right or even the chimichanga truck. I would check those locations. I know pitch does play a factor as well and have had my game at all sorts of pitch levels, certain pitches affect each shot differently so you can always play with that can of worms, but you may mess up another shot in doing so haha.

#5636 4 years ago

So I became victim of the

Quoted from awesome1:

Hit 6 months of ownership yesterday![quoted image]

Holy crap. That’s a lot of plays in 6 mos of home use. Good on you sir for playing so much I’ll have to check mine when I get home, I’m coming up on a year next month. Still one of my favorite pins I’ve ever owned. But there’s been some bumps and bruises on the way which I’ll mention in my next post.

#5637 4 years ago

Making this post regarding Katana ramp in case it helps someone out (tldr at bottom of post):

So I just recently became victim of the ever so common chipped katana ramp of entrance. I already took preventive measures with the washer under the call guide and a small strip of Mylar to prevent anymore chipping. I’d like to hear what others have done as well.

That said, I’m coming up on one year of ownership next month. My katana ramp has always been a great-mostly successful shot. When I started doing the preventive maintenance on the ramp entrance, I noticed the ball guide was ever so slightly loose. I’m guessing this guide being loose has something to do with the increased chance to chip the pf (speculative guess). Anyway, I got the washer in place, Mylar set, and made sure to tighten the ball guide firmly. Btw, I’m lazy and did the washer trick which, instead of taking the whole guide apart, I used diags to cut a small gap in the washer, loosen the ball guide, and then slip the washer in place.

Continuing on; ever since doing that, my katana ramp has been crap. Very inconsistent. I thought it was the washer at first, so played with that. Then I tried tightening the guide a hair to the left, then a hair to the right. I couldn’t find any consistency. I was liking my DP less and less and just didn’t feel the same as the first 10 months of owning it. I left it unplayed for a week.

Thankfully, the wife took the kids this past weekend for 4 hours straight. I didn’t not want to give up on DP because I love this game and this was the opportunity I needed to dig in deeper. With no wife and kids in the house, and freshly awaken, it dawned on me before I even took the glass off. The guide was ever so slightly loose before I did preventive maintenance. So...I loosened the nut just a fraction of a hair. Holy shit, what a difference!

TLDR: So if anyone is having inconsistencies with that ramp, try loosening it a fraction of a hair; but be sure you do preventive maintenance on the common chipping pf of the entrance to the ramp first if you do. Now don’t get me wrong, the shot still misses randomly from time to time, but it is much more consistent than how it was with a firmly tightened down ball guide.

#5649 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I disagree with this. A loose ball guide is likely to be the cause of the chipped katana ramp entrance as you speculated. Cutting a slot in a washer creates more sharp metal corners that could damage the playfield in a difference place. The guide can be easily removed, although it does require removing the katana sword and disconnecting the optos in the handle. You can remove the guide completely and put washers underneath. Then it can be adjusted precisely - in my experience the key part was bending the far end of the guide back towards the back of the machine but a little goes a long way here. My guess is a loose ball guide essentially does the same thing but allows motion of the guide or washers against the playfield. I would not attempt to bend the guide while it is still attached to the playfield. Getting this shot reliable adds a lot to the enjoyment of this game, and can be done with ball guide tight.

Yea, you’re probably right about the washer. Mine is firmly seated still, so should be fine but will definitely keep tabs on it and redo it next time I have free time. As for the ball guide, you may have misinterpreted; you make it sound like i have the ball guide loose - it is not. I just freed up the tightened nut just a hair (like 1/4-1/2 turn) to give the guide just a very fractional ‘give’ to it. Which, how I mentioned, is how it has been for 10 months and working great. I couldn’t find a happy medium (left or right) with it tightened completely. But, may give it another go as you mentioned should it ever both me.

But man, what a game when you can string combos together (center shot, katana ramp, left loop, left ramp, right loop, katana ramp, ninjapocalypse! Etc...) that energy just gets sucked out of you so quick when the katana ramp acts up. Precision-Flow, as I like to call it.

1 week later
#5695 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

That was short lived. I turned on the machine last night, and the lighting and inserts were jacked again. I re-seated the plugs on the main board in the backbox and turned it back on. Same thing....
Could it be another connection under the playfield? But that wouldn't explain why this process fixed it the first time.

Yes, under the playfield. The Ethernet cat6 cables are the ones you want to reseat if memory serves correctly. But, probably wouldn’t hurt to check the others.

3 weeks later
#5876 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Just happened again.
I should say though. Most people think I'm full of crap but my ears are real sensitive to high sounds. For example those dog bark trainers, I can faintly hear them and it makes it feel like pressure on my head.

Try playing the game with the speaker back box grill open and see if it happens.

I had a sound issue on my SW and found that the stock speakers were mounted too close to the grilles so it didn’t have room for the speaker to vibrate which caused muffled. I fixed by adding a little space between the speakers and grille.

#5879 4 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'll give that a try. Just not sure how it would solve for the problem being intermittent. If it was always like that I could see it but I'm up to try anything. Shoot, while I'm in there I can just put some spacers on anyways. I've got a ton laying around...

My Star Wars speakers didn’t always do it too. There was just a sliver of space between the speakers and grill so i think certain frequencies wouldn’t allow the speakers to go their full travel.

1 month later
#6212 3 years ago

Haha freakin cool!

2 weeks later
#6303 3 years ago

Power to the trios.

18BE4567-5A83-4DB2-9581-2184657FC797 (resized).jpeg18BE4567-5A83-4DB2-9581-2184657FC797 (resized).jpeg
#6319 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Been having consistent lighting issues on my machine lately. I'll see the typical flickering or missing lights (usually first noticed on the top right lanes). This will then make almost every light flicker too. I unplug all of the Ethernet looking connections (node connectors?) and reseat. Works great for a few games but I can't seem to play about 4 games without seeing the issue again. What should I look for? I can't find any loose connections and there has to be one connection causing the whole playfield to flicker like crazy right? Any help would be amazing!

With the power off, reseat all the pin connectors with node boards associated with the flickering inserts. Common problem.

#6320 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

short question, is your right outlane also set to wide from factory?

Take them off. Game is too easy with outlane posts.

1 week later
#6419 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Just joined the club, picked up an awesome HUO LE from fellow pinsider NimblePin. We are loving it after only a couple of days. It’s my first non-pro machine.
First time I’ve owned HD glass, holy moly what a difference.
[quoted image]

I’ve played that exact machine! Its a beauty! And I can’t remember, but I may even of had my initials on it...but I’m sure NimblePin would have erased them if I did! lol just messing. Congrats on the game.

And for glass cleaner, go 50/50 distilled water / 90% isopropyl alcohol - spray on towel not directly on glass.

1 week later
#6486 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

NIB Deadpool Pro unboxed on 9/6/2019...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! That is a lot of plays in that time. Are those plays mostly by you?

#6489 3 years ago

I’m slacking. Here’s mine since April 2019.

ADBB8535-76AD-40CF-B46B-9D3509ADB26A (resized).jpegADBB8535-76AD-40CF-B46B-9D3509ADB26A (resized).jpeg

Here’s a stat I really like to see. Not too many long games (but I do have my game setup pretty hard).

D7CE984D-6866-45C0-9666-C547541F97AE (resized).jpegD7CE984D-6866-45C0-9666-C547541F97AE (resized).jpeg

Average score

8F1DF2A3-E2C8-4FC9-BDFD-A51852116080 (resized).jpeg8F1DF2A3-E2C8-4FC9-BDFD-A51852116080 (resized).jpeg

Coincidence that my very first game after checking audits is nearly spot on with average score?!? Hahahaha49966582-39B2-4BCB-906B-1605396698D2 (resized).jpeg49966582-39B2-4BCB-906B-1605396698D2 (resized).jpeg

#6491 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Coincidence that my very first game after checking audits is nearly spot on with average score?!? Hahahaha[quoted image]

Game 2: 188 mil
Game 3: 50 mil
LOL

Then, decided to play one more game for the night, and....
...30 Mil! LOL

Next game after that....<100 mil

Ok, one more....<100 mil again

Next game...another crappy <100 mil

Next game...3x and 4x sauron super JP’s followed by about a 5 minute mech suit mb for 500 mil! And when the dust settled, I got the music with the *high pitch* “ooooooo eeeeeeeeee” just made the HS table at 1.75B. Come on Tanio, where’s my mech suit mb and sauron super JP high score table!!!?!!!

#6500 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Game 2502 (2501 was 150 million)! [quoted image]

Show off

#6509 3 years ago

Here’s a bug:
Ball 3
Extra ball lit
If you tilt during megakrakaladonus Rex while the ball drains on the right out lane, it’ll relight megakrakaladonus on your next ball.

#6527 3 years ago

10 weapons for an extra ball? You might as well as put your game on 4-ball
I got mine fixed at 60, earn that shit! LOL

2 weeks later
#6599 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Can you do me a favor and PM me a couple pictures of the coil area, left and right on your Deadpool? I didn't take pictures of that before the one here left. Want to know if either the STh or TMNT fan brackets will work, or if I have to make a third design for them to fit.

Are you going to make these flipper fans for IMDN?

#6600 3 years ago

Can anyone tell if the Snikt anti-lean target Actually improves that shot accuracy?

#6636 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Joined the club last Thursday with basically a NIB Pro machine with only 30 plays. June 1st, 2020 build date. Tons of dimples already on the playfield right out of the box. It doesn't bother me too much as I'm aware it's typical wear and tear on a pinball table, but it's still happening on newer builds for those wondering.
I had one technician alert that the hell house scoop wasn't firing, but I power cycled the game and it's all working now, and the alert is gone. Not sure if me looking at the alert cleared it, or if it clears itself.
One issue that presented itself last night is the death of Lil' Deadpool. His head fell off. I've put about 300 games in since Thursday, but it's crazy to see this happen already. Usual pics I saw were of his torso flying off.
One more issue I've seen is that the lane guide rubber is bent and won't stay straight no matter how many times I try to bend it the other way. This is near the outside Domino/Chimichanga lane. Do I just need a new one, or is this normal?
As far as gameplay is concerned, I'm getting really frustrated sometimes that I can't find any shots, and they just keep hitting rail guards and clunking back down. I think I've memorized a few ramp locations on the flippers, but not the widest lanes. Those basically do not exist in my game, as I'm either hitting the D-E-A-D or P-O-O-L standups instead of an outside lanes. Any tips here? I've been using Deadpools face and gun as a guide (Shooting at the back of the gun handle to try for SNIKT for example).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Try 6.8 - 7.2 deg pitch to help with the Klunk. You’ll have to play with it to find the sweet spot. Some games take extra time dialing it in, Deadpool is one of those.

#6663 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I guess the main issue with the SNIKT target are the airballs.
I made my own Airball protector, still figuring this out.
It looks like the protector has to reach the middle of the ramp.
The original protector is on top for comparison.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a reject like that from my Snikt shot. But I’ll keep an eye out.

#6696 3 years ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

Anyone have a loud knocking sound on match win? I just got a pro machine from the distributor last week. He said it was a March build and it's running v1.0.3. I ended up having to turn the match win percent down to 0 because it's so loud and it's almost like it's going to blow the speakers.
Also, the game is amazing. It's our families' 1st pinball machine and we couldn't be happier.

Virtual Knocker. There’s a volume adjustment in the standard adjustments. I turn it off on all my sterns.

#6716 3 years ago

If you’re shooting it from a cradle, try not to hammer fist the button too hard, give it a lighter touch; Finesse....easier said than done of course

#6730 3 years ago
Quoted from MechaDog:

Hello. My Deadpool premium should be arriving in about a week (first pinball machine - I am on the list to get my 2nd, a Jurassic Park in September) and I had a couple of questions. How difficult is it to install a shaker motor and is it worth it (both in general and specifically for Deadpool)? I have tinkered around with home PC’s but never Pinball machine. Second question, the other thing I was thinking about doing was installing the Deadpool music replacement mod that I found on Pinside. If I put the mod on a new sd card, am I able to switch back and forth between the two and if so do I lose high scores? Thanks in advance for any help; I am really looking forward to getting the machine.

If you like tinkering with PC’s and cleaning them out and such you will enjoy tinkering, maintaining, and cleaning a Pinball. Shaker is fairly simple these days to install and well worth it in my opinion.

As for the sound mod. I have no idea why anyone in their right mind would want to swap out the sound package in Deadpool. It’s one of the best in modern pinball. Call outs, variety, voices, script, sounds, music, is the total package and one of the many reasons I love this game so much.

2 weeks later
#6824 3 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

This has been bugging me for a while, and I finally decided to throw it out there. There are three wizard modes coded into the game, but you only have to start two. The third one is a gimme...
Here are the Wizard mode qualifiers.
1) Finish the three modes the first time (Sauron is forced after, even if you drain after finishing the last mode)
2) Finish the two quests
3) Finish the three modes the second time
4) Start Mechsuit MB
1 and 2) Qualifies MegaKrak
1 and 3) Qualifies Mr. Sinister Clone MB
1, 2, 3 and 4) Qualifies Mr. Sinister Final Battle
No matter which route you take, when you finish the second Wizard Mode (either Mega or Clone depending), Final will be lit as soon as you finish. Maybe the designers were thinking that the Mechsuit requirement would be a separator, but I don't see how you could get two wizard modes out of the way without collecting 45 weapons.
Is this just a quirk in the code or something that should be changed in a potential update? If there is one...

Not that it prevents playing back to back wizard modes, but if you turn off weapon stacking in the settings, it makes mech suit multiball much more lucrative and rewarding to get to. The downfall is it makes it harder to get perma pf multiplier, but perhaps turning weapon stacking on during mech suit could help that?

#6826 3 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

It's not that it makes the game less fun to play due to the back-to-back Wizard Modes as it doesn't happen all that much, obviously. It just seems to be a weak spot in the code.

Agree. But what’s even more worse than that is qualifying a wizard mode and not being allowed to play it because berserker rage or Katana Rama are running

#6829 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

I have set the mode inactivity timer to allow me to trap up and time out (Berzerker Rage specifically). Huge quality of life adjustment.

Good idea. I may try this too.

#6832 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I love the rage!!

I love it too! Especially with Lil DP 2, a quest, and ninja multiball. But, not so cool when it’s the only mode running and you know you have mech suit, Sauron, or megakraladonus Rex ready to go.

4 weeks later
#7087 3 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I don't like to bring Ninja into Megalodon. I don't think it's necessary, and there's better uses for Ninja.
Meg is pretty easy if you do it the boring way. I get the ball on the left flipper and shoot the Wolverine loop when red (active). Live catch the return with the left flipper. Seven of those and it's done. If I miss, I just try to get the ball back to the left flipper.

Pretty sure once you hit the Megalodon red arrow, you can’t repeat that shot.

Taking either quest into Ninja mb has its advantages. T-Rex if i don’t have any BOOMs as the lil Deadpool shot is dangerous, and Megaladon because you can score a lot of shots during the multiball.

I like doing Sabertooth with Dazzler team up. But, Mystique with Dazzler team up + disco loops. Mystique is also good with Wolverine team up. I usually use Juggernaut for Lil DP multiball, but sometimes i’ll use ninja multiball with him as well.

All in all Deadpool rules really is like situational pinball which is awesome.

#7093 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

You might be thinking about the blue shots. Hitting a shot that isn’t red removes it from play. Hitting a red shot relights all the shots again. Unless there’s a way to set it to be more difficult. Your way would require each of the shots to be hit exactly once to finish the mode which would most likely infuriate me.
Wolverine team up on the second Mystique battle is typically a one shot finish.

Learn something new everyday.

Though, I’m not as successful repeating wolverine shot on my setup.

1 month later
#7304 3 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Thinking of picking up a HUO Deadpool Premium - anything to look for on inspection? Things to watch out for?

Katana ramp entrance. Check for any chipping. Common issue, but isn’t bad if you catch it early and raise the metal guide with a washer and apply a small strip of Mylar (if there’s chipping).

#7366 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

to me, I'm oldschool (get off my lawn)
all flippers should be parallel to the inline path of the ball.
i.e. the ball should flow smoothly from the inline plastic to the flipper....
if the ball "bumps" on its transition from the inlane to the flipper, something isn't right.
Typically, its been said that you stick a toothpick in the hole and
back of the flipper (w rubber on) rests against the toothpick
BUT
don't let that "guide" override the judgement of parallel...
That all being said, it's your machine, do your thing
(For example my NIB AC//DC vault pro came w the flippers slightly misaligned)
HTF does that happen?
and for months I was too lazy to change it...
where as my used DP came w the flippers too low.
I changed that quick.
Hope this ramble helps

Interesting comment about acdc Pro Vault. Mine too was a little ‘off’ and I had to fiddle with them a few times. Maybe they had someone new on that production? But it was actually a blessing in disguise as it got me to adjust them ‘my way’ so you couldn’t back Hand the left ramp all day. Just sold it after nearly 2 years this past weekend

#7371 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

I am having this issue with my NIB TMNT. The ball bumps when it rolls from inlane to left flipper. It really bugs me! Can you explain how to adjust the flipper to be level? What is this toothpick method?

This drive me nuts to no end. When I put lightning flippers on my IMDN it started happening. I’ve had it happen on other pins in the past as well. To fix, you need an Allen wrench and loosen the Allen screw holding the flipper shaft slightly, adjust the flipper to be more parallel to the ball guide, tighten the Allen screw and test. It’ll take a few tries and some play, but once you get it, feels good.

#7378 3 years ago

I’ll have to check to see what my pitch is sitting at these days but count me as one that can hit snikt from cradle. But my success rate is probably only around 10%; which is better than hitting it on the fly.

#7401 3 years ago

I believe you can also use the big boom to collect all active weapon shots. So make a shot to light weapons, then big boom to collect (well, collect at the scoop but you get the idea).

#7404 3 years ago

Snikt adjustment test.

See the 2 red posts? Both have a rubber. I took one off the 2nd post (pictured) and Snikt ‘seems’ much better. But it Could be mental as that’s Pinball lol. However, I think that extra millimeter of space gives the ball just enough room to not throw it off its trajectory. If Anyone gives it a try, let me know results. I’ve only played a few games like it, and like I said, it could be mental, but man it felt much cleaner.

You have to remove the nut holding the plastic to the post, be careful to hold onto the washer as you take the rubber off. Only takes a couple minutes and super easy. The post becomes less protected so I’m not responsible if something happens to it haha.

CE318E60-BE22-43E6-B360-A72FA0BB6883 (resized).jpegCE318E60-BE22-43E6-B360-A72FA0BB6883 (resized).jpeg
#7405 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Snikt adjustment test.
See the 2 red posts? Both have a rubber. I took one off the 2nd post (pictured) and Snikt ‘seems’ much better. But it Could be mental as that’s Pinball lol. However, I think that extra millimeter of space gives the ball just enough room to not throw it off its trajectory. If Anyone gives it a try, let me know results. I’ve only played a few games like it, and like I said, it could be mental, but man it felt much cleaner.
You have to remove the nut holding the plastic to the post, be careful to hold onto the washer as you take the rubber off. Only takes a couple minutes and super easy. The post becomes less protected so I’m not responsible if something happens to it haha. [quoted image]

You guys gotta try this! I don’t think it’s psychological anymore. Shots that used to feel like solid hits but would ricochet and brick are not making it. Feels so much nicer. Still a tough shot but not nearly as frustrating as before, I actually feel like I have a chance at making the SnikT shot and not just kicking into it.

#7408 3 years ago

I’m dancing on sunshine! I feel like a super hero on a unicorn. One of the best games ever made just became the best game on the planet! The SnikT shot feels so rewarding and knowing its not just a luck your way into the shot anymore with more skill is involved makes it feel sooooo much better. All the talk about how to make the SnikT shot better over the past few pages; well, you guys need to try removing that rubber. It’s night and day. I’m also curious if the guys that can’t make the shot from a cradle will be able to make it now.

#7409 3 years ago

That said, you know what would be a cool Easter egg would be, and I’m adding to my wishlist for next update. But if you were to fail to make the final shot in all 3 battles, then when you start the battle vs Dragoon, Deadpool would have a big George Gomez head on his body and Dragon would have a big Tanio Klyce head on his body. Yes, I like to dream while i play....

#7411 3 years ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Just recently joined the club thanks to a Deadpool Pro wandering into my gameroom. I see some posts saying to submit ideas for possible code updates, has there been any talk about another code update coming or is it just casual wish listing? I would love to see individual mode high scores like there is in Jurassic Park, its fun when you blow up a game and it goes through all the high scores that you broke.

Pretty casual wishlist’s for the most part. But, George Gomez hinted at an update 1 or 2 months ago on facebook. Hottest item on everyone’s wishlist is a better high score table like JP, IMDN, SW, etc...

#7414 3 years ago

Modified the picture to make it more clear. Dozens and dozens of pages on how to better adjust the SnikT shot. Remove that rubber and you'll be slashing SnikT's in no time!

You have to remove the nut holding the plastic, then when you pull the rubber off be sure to hold onto the washer on that screw.

deadpool_snikt (resized).PNGdeadpool_snikt (resized).PNG
#7416 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

What's your pitch set at? Seems like you'd need this more if you have a steeper pitch. I'm at 6.9 and I can hit SNIKT while moving or with cradle. No adjustment needed other than playing with the pitch for me so guess I was lucky.

I haven’t checked mine lately, but should be right around the 7deg mark. There’s pages among pages talking about the Snikt shot in this thread. Mine bricks a lot when it seemed like it should have been a clean shot - started to just start feeling like a luck shot rather than a skill shot. Removing that rubber gave it just the clearance it needed to make it a skill shot again. Still a very tough shots but I no longer get that deflected brick from the rubber.

If yours is working and fairly makeable then you should be good. This is an adjustment to try for all those people in the last 100 pages or so that’s been frustrated with the shot.

#7419 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I wouldn't do it personally because it seems like cheating to me. Not saying you shouldn't do it on your own machine, just then i wouldn't feel like comparing scores with a machine without the rubber removed would be fair.
No problem with people making the game harder, but changing the furniture to make it easier doesn't seem right.
Of course i don't care what someone else does in their own home so long as they don't hurt anyone.

lol. This thought process always cracks me up. Do you know how often people tweak their games so they work!?! Is it cheating for JP owners to fix the screw protruding the tower ramp shot? How about people adding pinstadiums or spots to their Deadpool?

Scores are not about comparing them to others or bragging, its about sharing your personal best on your machine setup and enjoying the Adrenalin with each other. I contest you to try and play my Deadpool. No outlane posts, no weapon stacking in multiball, eb at 65 weapons, 1 eb max, brutal pitch, and a tilt that warns you when you fart.

This doesn’t make it easier, it makes the shot make able. Like the other guy said, the rubber doesn’t intrude his shot, it does on mine. If anything this makes the game harder because I now go for the shot more often (and miss a lot) and missed shots on Snikt puts the ball in danger big time, at least it does on my game.

Pinball is meant to be enjoyed. Snikt is the best shot in pinball but if it’s not working it makes it the lamest shot in pinball. But to each his own.

#7422 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I understand you view it differently than i do. I also respect and understand your view and already understood it before your latest explanation.
Pity you can't see and understand that others view it differently.
Enjoy your amusement and your game.

Well, sorry it feels like cheating to you. As for your choice of words, I really don’t want to argue with that kind of condescending attitude. Enjoy some pinball mate, time for me to move on.

Quoted from FatPanda:

It's not like you're adding a center post (GB), or the outlane posts that were made for TWD. This is a tweak to (possibly) make the shot makeable. Mine is fine, so I don't need to change anything on my game, but yeah, I thought the same when I read the comment. It's not a cheat by any means.

Exactly. Thank you.

#7430 3 years ago

Maybe it is cheating... I dont know, i think ill throw a poll up on pinside and get to the bottom of it. But now my Katana ramp feels much smoother too. All this time in the hobby tweaking games so they played better i thought that was pinball, not cheating. Go figure. Don’t feel like putting it back and having air balls and a Klunky game. So confused.

#7433 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's all good mate. As everyone on both sides has said, do what you want on your own game, lifes too short to sweat the small stuff.
I never would have said anything at all, except you posted about it a fair few times and seemed to want others to do it too. I apologize if you took it as a criticism, wasn't meant to come across that way and i thought i'd chosen my words fairly carefully as i knew i was open to misinterpretation.

Right on. No hard feelings I hope. I told myself not to beat a dead horse and you’re right, I did. I just went rereading a lot of people’s issues with this game, ones that I can relate with, and this simple tweak remedied a lot of that for me. So I felt compelled because this is probably one of my favorite games I’ve owned. So Hopefully it helps someone else out in the future.

Quoted from pinbuoy:

Like for me,
people have said the game came w/o rubber on metal posts meant for rubber.
So I put the rubber on.
To me there's enough metal banging around the scoop and Colossus shot.
w/o adding more....but that's me.
I've also adjusted my slingshots to be hair triggers,
I love that it makes the game super active.
To each his own.

Right on that’s Pinball. I like to set my games up wicked and challenging. I have lightning flippers on my IMDN for crying out loud lol. I also have the slingshot power increased on both my games - well, I just dialed my DP slingshot back to factory as I have been getting a lot of straight drains from them. But if the game ain’t playing right or to your liking, you gotta tweak it. That’s a double edge sword in pinball though when you get OCD and want everything playing perfectly, but that’s another story

Something that always stood out to me is something Keefer said (and I believe he was referring to the hobbit), but setting up a game hard physically and then adjust the software settings to compensate is a part of the game and vice versa.

#7441 3 years ago

Tweaking is all apart of pinball. If shots aren’t working right, bricking, air balling, etc... you either live with it or you tweak it. That’s the beauty of the hobby. I get a lot of compliments from pinball peeps that play my games because i take time to get every shot working right (it’s my OCD). In fact, I had a pinball buddy over just last week who bought my ACDC, he played my Maiden with lightning flippers and was just blown away - so much, he asked to buy it from me the next day haha. The downside in all this is I work my ass off, parent two little kids, and take care of a family so I could go months on end without giving my games attention and game adjustments. Heck, some of you would hate what I did to my acdc to make it play better - a couple blobs of drop dead ball foam in the return lanes to give quick flipper return feeds and a slight adjustment to the left flipper so you can’t repeat left ramp shots without risk. It’s all Pinball, and I love it! (Especially in isolation and quarantine - one of the best stress relievers in 2020 IMO).

#7448 3 years ago
Quoted from EJ:

Joined the club when I picked up a premium last week. I noticed that the disco loops mode never really ends during regular play, and only ends when the ball drains. Is this a bug, or is the mode supposed to last for the entire ball?

It’s a bug. There’s supposed to be a timer with disco loops and 95% of the time the timer works. I’m not sure what triggers the bug, but typically I notice it in multiball. One time I had one second left on disco loops, started multiball, and continued to have disco loops going after I completed the multiball.

#7449 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

This is my dilemma at the moment, too. SNIKT shots that look like good, clean hits will roll partially up ramp then back down. They're not bouncing off the sides or posts either. I cleaned and waxed playfield recently and that made everything much faster and improved making that SNIKT shot but only slightly. I'm wondering if this just how the game plays. I need to spend some time on a location machine to see if that shot plays differently.

Your Snikt and/or Katana shot could be getting deflected by the rubber on the post entering the ramp. Try what I did and remove that rubber.

I like the suggestion someone posted above about replacing the post with a metal one. However, having owned an X-men and ST and having to replace those posts, it’s not always an easy task.

#7467 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Am I the only one that has games like this? Qualify for dazzler MB on the first ball, and had wound up in other modes that it never ran. Also finished the Dino quest, then couldn't hit the scoop. Typically I hit it 3x when I dont want to.

Yes........this.game.is.Awesome!

#7494 3 years ago

In my best Deadpool voice: “Best. Game. Ever.”

#7506 3 years ago

Quick update. Settings saved. Love it! LOL@new katana Rama music. I might want to go reread the patch notes now lol.

#7510 3 years ago

Don’t think I like the new disco multiball music, And swapping the old music and putting it on disco loops. Might be a job for pinball browser!

#7523 3 years ago

Man, playing some of the new code tonight and it’s just depressing me. That new music for disco multiball is atrocious. One of the coolest multi balls ever turned into one of the worst overnight

#7524 3 years ago

Doing a little fishing. The DJ mixer still has the good disco mb music labeled as disco multiball, so I’m hoping it’s a bug or F* up that this god awful new disco mb music got put into the game. Hope Tanio or someone at stern is reading this and that song was not meant to replace the real disco song.

#7529 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Maybe I'm crazy or dumb, but I just fired mine up and I'm almost positive I'm hearing the same disco multiball song I always have.

During disco multiball? I see you have a pro, if you still have the same awesome music for disco multiball, then there’s hope - perhaps the premium code is bugged?? Can any LE owners confirm?

#7531 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I have an LE and just played again and it’s definitely different. The readme.txt file with the code shows 3 new Disco songs added on the LE. Maybe the three songs cycle? Sounds like 70s porn music which I usually love.

Ugh complete garbage. I’ve only got disco multiball twice with new code. And both times was some steamy pile of low energy Sunday driving put me to sleep music. Seriously, just wanted to turn off my game and walk away. Maybe there’s a hidden setting somewhere to fix it.

#7534 3 years ago

Cool. At least it’s not a total loss.

Also, don’t know if this is coincidence or not, but just tried a game in competition mode and it played the OG song. Maybe gotta play in competition from here on out?

#7542 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wouldn’t a super boom spot you multiple shots in a mode?

I think it only grants you the one red shot, plus the others. Great for points, not so much for progression.

I used the new boom feature with mystique last night. Worked great for the first shot to wolverine with the ball on right flipper.

#7554 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I haven't had much time to play the new code yet and just finished getting my Elvira back together today. You're usually not so vocal about such things so if you're complaining, I will assume it must be bad The solution is probably a game setting where you can choose the song or set it random for the mode. I think Lyman did something similar in Metallica.
Not in the readme, but there's adjustable ball eject power. Thanks Tanio!
High score entry would have looked good with some kind of background if possible.
Did the weapon count get fixed? That's where the weapon count value is shown and doesn't include the new weapons you get.
Rob

You’re spot on. Disco multiball is one of the coolest side objectives in the game and when it queued up some slow uninspiring soundtrack it literally ripped my pinball soul out. A setting for fixed or random on the disco songs would be an easy needed fix and very welcomed.

#7560 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

MONSTER GAME!!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well Done

#7571 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

well, simple ask : is the new code makes the game easier/scoring more (as i read it already) ?
on "old" code, i've finished a PRO : 3B
than i've finished a LE : 6B
i'm sure the only diff was to be in higher PF multiplier, that's the key when coming in scores like this, so yours 15B... right ?

It all comes down to setup. But, the New code is easier. I got to MR sinister, the final battle on my first night playing the new code and have only made it there a few times in my near 2 years of ownership, and zero times since making my game as hard as it is. The biggest change making it easier is that more modes are stackable so progression is quicker (this is a very good thing).

A Friend of mine, RobT mentioned how it was handing out extra balls like candy. I have mine set to one extra ball max so didn’t notice at first, but I did notice it handing out mystery extra balls like nothing. Not sure what weapons extra ball is at default and now they added one for ninjas. I love the ninjas one, so while I have my max extra balls set to 1, I turned mystery down to 1% chance and weapons to 150 so basically my only extra ball is from 50’ninjas which is tough!

There’s a lot of other settings too that can make the game more difficult. All in all, there’s an awesome balance of progression, scoring, and settings to tweak to personal skill levels. Plus, removing the outlane posts is another change that should be the first thing to do to make the game harder. On the flip side I noticed theirs a few new settings to make weapon collecting easier. All in all, I love games that have lots to do with quick progression while giving plenty of settings and adjustments to make it harder or easier to do - no marathon games and when you do have an epic game and get to the end it’s still <20 minutes.

#7581 3 years ago
Quoted from Apex:

I didn't catch the big scoring change in the code. Has anyone posted about what in the code they changed to allow the higher scores? Is it only the BOOM progression?

BOOM + another way to earn an extra ball with ninjas + more stacking with modes + mini wizard modes aren’t locked out and can be played sooner without the risk of losing your ball.

All those little tweaks add up.

#7596 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Wow! I feel like every complaint I saw on here about the last code was fixed with this new release! Thanks Tanio and team!

Heck yea, thank the heavens and thanks Tanio. I was seriously considering selling my favorite game because of some of those songs haha (yes I am dramatic).

#7608 3 years ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

I have been lurking in this thread for 2 years now. I was always interested in this game, but waited to see where the code would take it. Finally picked up a LE two days after the current code drop. This game takes some time to properly adjust and dial in the shots, but once it is set up... magic!
All the shots are unique and very satisfying, art, theme and music are also top drawer.
The latest code is fun, interesting and well thought out. The attention to detail and pride that continues to go into the code is inspired.
Thank you to the whole team involved in the production of this fine game, I like it!
[quoted image]

Congrats and welcome! Enjoy your balls (tee hee).

#7622 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

AFMr you can dial in plus or negative from the default.

Each game is different. JP has room to increase flipper power from default. Perhaps code developer found that max power is best for Deadpool, which may be why we didn’t see a power adjustment for so long.

#7624 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Have owned this game 2 years and still loving it! Genius game design, code, art...all around! New code(s) are awesome an unexpected surprise! Love that MechSuit can be relit as it is super fun. But...would be great if there was a way to adjust when it is re-lit (ie # of weapons). Last night I went into MechSuit and collected enough weapons that it was almost immediately relit after I came out of it. Its a great mode and way to achieve higher scores and collect Booms, but you also don't want to have to endure back-to-back MechSuits. Not a complainnt...a suggestion!

Wow! You collected nearly 100 weapons in mech suit. Well done! You can turn off weapon collecting for each multiball to make it harder to get weapons. I forget what the setting is called but it’s in the feature adjustments and pretty obvious.

#7631 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Has anyone seen this game freeze during attract mode? Every once in awhile the game just locks up in attract mode and I have to restart it

I believe PinMonk has mentioned it doing that when the game is on for 24+ hrs straight. Could that be it?

#7681 3 years ago

My IMDN ball save light started going out. I reseated the connectors and it’s been good. But, definitely following your progress in case new wire harness is needed.

#7711 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

18 months after buying the game and putting over 4000 plays on it, i still here call outs i haven't heard before now and then. Always makes me smile.

Quoted from nicknack66:

Agreed. I heard a new one the other day in Disco Multiball. My favorite though remains when Lil Deadpool says "Now you have both your balls." Have heard it many times, but always makes me smile. I also like when Deadpool in the TRex Quest mode says "How do I get the DNA, is it gross," although perhaps that's just my dirty mind.

Haha yes! The sounds package in this game is one of a kind and amazing. Even the custom tailored music, “I got 6 balls for you baby”.

#7719 3 years ago
Quoted from DavisAZ:

Hi - I just upgraded to v1.05 code and now every couple games the playfield lights just start randomly blinking or staying on. Example - before launching the ball, instead of a single lane lit at the top for skill shot, 2 or 3 are lit or blinking... sometimes all. Doesn’t happen every game single game, but at least 1 out of 3 games.
What I’ve tried so far is completing the full upgrade, then after experiencing the issue, I tried a quick upgrade. No luck.
Annoying.
Anyone else experience this after the upgrade or have ideas? Appreciate the help.
P.s. I saw a prior post about inserts blinking briefly when hitting flipper buttons... but mine are not triggered by flippers... they just randomly blink, etc.

I’ve seen intermittent light flickering on spike 2 games. It seems like a common theme in this thread to be honest. Reseating connectors to the light boards seems to do the trick.

#7758 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

The premium is a smooth shooter because of the drop ramp when you shoot the left orbit. It makes for a safe and repeatable loop. However, I personally don't feel the additional cost is worth it. The other differences are the Disco Ball (there is a mod), drop targets for the DEAD POOL letter shots, and action figures for the playfield.
For the Pro I would argue it is a harder game because it doesn't have the safe loop.
So if cost isn't an issue I would go with a Premium, and if it is or you want a slightly harder game I would pick a Pro.

I wouldn’t call the looping shot on the premium safe. It is if you make the shot, but that shot and the snikt shot are my most common drains on misses.

#7759 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Thx. How do you rank dp vs maiden? Just sold maiden prem we had

Maiden is an awesome game. But, DP smokes it. That’s not a knock on maiden, that’s just how good DP is.

#7761 3 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I love your enthusiasm for Deadpool, it's contagious... but weren't you about to sell it because they changed a song to one you didn't like?

Yeap! Totally bummed me out. Tanio pulled through for us though in 1.05 and all is good in the world again.

#7789 3 years ago

Here’s what JJP recommends for cleaning their play fields. Wizards mist n shine. I’ve been using it for years and really does a great job.

https://www.amazon.com/Wizards-Detailing-Showroom-Chemicals-Mist-N-Shine/dp/B002U729UA/ref=mp_s_a_1_3

#7790 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Anyone? I just did this again on my way to MegaKrak. Seems incorrect.

I thought it was a bug in the old code where you get add a ball then hit katana ramp (when balls are locked on it) and the game gets confused and releases too many. Maybe it’s intentional? Or maybe still a bug? I don’t know though, haven’t seen it in awhile or tried in the new code yet.

#7801 3 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

I had to call Todd last minute when I changed my mind. He was kind enough to make it happen, even though the Munsters was already processed and ready to ship. I just felt like DP was a better fit for my collection, and even though I adore the Munsters (TV show and the pin) I was concerned that it would be a little too repetitive in my small collection.

You dodged a bullet honestly. Why DP or IMDN pros and not the premium? Or was it based on availability? Congrats nonetheless, fantastic game and good choice!

I’ll eat a little crow on the DP vs IMDN debate. I originally said DP blows it away; while I still prefer DP over maiden, it doesn’t necessarily blow it away, but both certainly compliment each other in a collection.

#7804 3 years ago

On most other games, premium is definitely the way to go, as there are too many features to give up. In the case of DP and IM, I feel like the pro is a great value. I know you give up some features on the pros, but particularly with DP I felt like I wasn’t giving up much. Add the aftermarket disco ball and the shaker motor and I don’t think I’ll miss the diverter and the toys.

Fair enough. Just seemed weird to go with munsters premium and not DP premium. I mean that looping shot to a cool ramp mech or a shot that feeds pops seems way better of an upgrade than the mini pf on munsters. But heck, pretty much anything sounds better than munsters (sorry munsters lovers /flameward). But congrats, good choice! Merry Xmas!

It was practically a coin flip between DP and IM, as I had played both in the past and love both games. The music and sound effects on DP swayed my decision...the 80s/90s references are just awesome.

Sound package on DP is one of the best in pinball!

#7807 3 years ago

Having fun with my camera haha

0908C629-31EF-4EB7-B524-FDB375A7BD20 (resized).jpeg0908C629-31EF-4EB7-B524-FDB375A7BD20 (resized).jpeg
#7816 3 years ago

Is there a bug in the new code for lil Deadpool or new qualification? I Just realized I haven’t got lil Deadpool frenzy nor lil Deadpool bounce. Just played a few games to intentionally get them and after lil Deadpool multiball, I have no way of relighting it for the other modes. Anyone else?

#7817 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Is there a bug in the new code for lil Deadpool or new qualification? I Just realized I haven’t got lil Deadpool frenzy nor lil Deadpool bounce. Just played a few games to intentionally get them and after lil Deadpool multiball, I have no way of relighting it for the other modes. Anyone else?

Nvm. I’m an idiot. I had ‘star lil Deadpool’ set to Hard (factory easy). Man, that’s really hard haha

#7849 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

ahhh, i get it, didn't realise it was a surprise for your family.

It’s always for the family....until you set it up and none of the family plays it after the first day. Then it’s yours!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.95
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
332 posts in this topic match your search for posts by eskaybee. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.