(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 3,734 posts
  • 358 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by mannymasy
  • Topic is favorited by 143 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 832 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190719_224537 (resized).jpg
0F788517-B10A-4AA3-A5BB-0B5448AE572F (resized).jpeg
A1C844E9-544E-4183-8C2E-69FC2260CC3A (resized).jpeg
71950619-C60C-4AC8-9903-CE3E37D7D803 (resized).jpeg
FF106CFE-8EF5-4939-BB78-8F88B853B031 (resized).jpeg
A770DF39-33E7-406A-96A5-E5D3CF0B8185 (resized).jpeg
3FEBBFDD-A37C-46A2-9E05-C5CF095901A0 (resized).jpeg
87B83D3E-F59A-468B-A269-7F1BF1653822 (resized).jpeg
8D2F0526-A5E9-4233-9A4F-CB076A996A07 (resized).jpeg
CA97DD1D-2547-422F-B28C-1FD9380FC48B (resized).jpeg
4B926E9D-C01C-4178-ACA5-B34FE3474EE6 (resized).jpeg
1D7CD8AC-E1FA-423D-ACBB-FD51DA242F3D (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190615_202347 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190613_171927 (resized).jpg
0A4C5F39-43A5-43F1-8569-E04E0F7FBE51 (resized).jpeg
F13E5E14-6525-488C-AC52-B2685CBF6940 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

30 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #264 Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (10 months ago)

Post #270 Troubleshooting the Katana ramp shot Posted by chuckcasey (10 months ago)

Post #385 Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (10 months ago)

Post #414 Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (10 months ago)

Post #544 Post Rubbers wearing Posted by HighProtein (9 months ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (9 months ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (9 months ago)

Post #725 External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (9 months ago)

Post #889 Deadpool "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (9 months ago)

Post #894 Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (9 months ago)

Post #1032 Post Rubbers - Not installed by default (George's decision) Posted by Marcdaddy (8 months ago)

Post #1078 Snikt Target Adjustment Photos - Instructions in post #1081 Posted by Robertstone0407 (8 months ago)

Post #1092 Deadpool "ChimiFire" flaming truck Mod by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (8 months ago)

Post #1305 Disco Multiball - Premium/LE instructions Posted by nicknack66 (7 months ago)

Post #1408 Color Bracket mods for inserts by Pin Monk Posted by vireland (6 months ago)

Post #1504 Disco Loop Reject/Airball fix Posted by cpr9999 (6 months ago)

Post #1689 Drop Bank Issues - Check here Posted by Ferrone (5 months ago)

Post #1867 Deadpool Pro with Katana side armor installed Posted by StoneyFL (4 months ago)

Post #2147 Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Hooked on Pinball Posted by HOOKED (4 months ago)

Post #2155 Stern Ninja Star bumper cap kit Posted by twenty84 (4 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1917 4 months ago

Anyone stream the new code yet?

#1940 4 months ago

Let’s hear from guys that are fans of SW, IMDN, TWD, GOT, ACDC, WOZ...how does Deadpool stack up to these? And is it kid friendly? What about your pro vs premium viewpoint? How’s the strategies, stacking, and ball times overall?

I plan to go play an LE in the next week or two now that code is much more refined. But hard to get good assessment off a 2-hour session.

#1942 4 months ago

I wonder how this game would do/feel with lightning flippers to cut down ball times. Do you need long ball times to progress? Or just good play?

#1951 4 months ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Question,I have a LE and want to install a headphone mod from Pinnovators,Stern says to use the same kit from B66LE,as both are Spike2 sys.But,I can't find the B66 mod on that site? Anybody have the Headphone mod installed?? I know there are a few other distros that make kits but I don't have their names!! help anyone???

Go to Pinball life dot com and get the stern spike 2 headset made by stern. It’s bad ass and smokes the pinnovators one. I have both kinds and dig the stern one much more.

#1955 4 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I agree with what others have been saying. It is a tough comparison. It doesn't have the flow of the Ritchie pins you mention, and doesn't have the depth of the Lyman coded games. If you are looking for a deep strategy game with complex scoring strategies like GoT and TWD then this isn't it. There are some strategy and risk/reward choices but nothing to that level.
That being said, the pin just resonates with me. I am enjoying it more and more as time goes on. Everything just comes together to make a really fun game. You don't have to be playing for 15 minutes to get to something fun (relatively easy to start battles/quests), but if you want to spend the time to get team ups qualified, get some Booms ready and have a multi-ball ready to go before jumping into a Battle or Quest to really maximize score you can go that way. One thing I really appreciate is the scoop being both easy to avoid and easy to hit even for players of my skill level so you can setup that kind of scenario. Keep in mind I am not a tournament player, and I am not even close to an Eskaybee skill level so YMMV.
It is kid friendly in terms of the comic book graphics and the LCD. Even in "adult" mode in the game there are only slightly risque jokes, which you can turn off. Shots wise any kid can get Lil Deadpool multi-ball going and have fun with that.
I am biased, but go with Premium. The loopable left orbit/spinner shot is my favorite shot of the game, wouldn't want to play without it. Not going to touch ball times, due to lack of skillz most games are short ball times for me so I cannot provide any meaningful metric.

Yea I’m not after a flow game. I got 3 fast flow games. I’m looking for something, different.... that compliments these 3.

1 week later
#2093 4 months ago

What’s the street price on a NIB DP Premium?

#2104 4 months ago

How many LE’s were made? 500?

#2110 4 months ago
Quoted from Gov:

I personally think Iron Maiden is a much better game than SW, but I know people really like SW for some reason We have a SW at our location and I just can't get into it. Maiden is one of my favorite pins ever.

I have both (pro versions); I go back & forth on which I like better. Tonight, SW won hands down. I finally opened the outlanes on that bad boy, gave it a good wipe down and holy hell it plays fast and fun. IMDN is definitely the total package from art, call outs, layout; to sounds, music, and rules. But man, SW is so addicting. SW has such a near unorthodox ruleset, while IMDN is more typical pinball rules. I enjoy both of them very much, they compliment each other with such variety and style of play.

That all said; I’m wondering how well a DP PREM would fit in my small lineup along side those 2. I have 3 fast, flowy games; so I’m looking for something...well, different. Right now I’m holding off to see pricing on WOZ YBR, so right now it’s between DP & WOZ. If YBR can come under <$8500 shipped (I honestly don’t think it will), but then I’m going with that pin. I may also wait and see what Steve Ritchie has to offer next, but I imagine it’s speed and flow; something I don’t need in the lineup right now. I want different and immersive.

Being in the market for another pin has made realize one thing; stern have this shit down. If JJP could somehow bring their price down $500-1000 it would be an easy buy for me, but really my budget is $7500...the <$8500 is if I flex it hard lol. Anyway, deep thoughts with SKB...

#2118 4 months ago
Quoted from mozach:

Let me start off by saying that I love Deadpool. The game is super and addicting. But I’m not totally sure it’s what you’re looking for. I know you like the deep strategy games like GOT and SW. And DP really isn’t that. And despite some people insisting it’s clunky, it’s actually fast and flowy. All of these are good qualities to me, but it may not be for you if you’re looking for something different.

Question; what do you think is deeper - your SM or DP? It doesn’t have to be deep, it just has to offer variety with a sense of fun, diversity, and non-grinding so to speak. I’m not in a hurry to buy, so i got that going - trying to be patient. I have a Pinsider friend that has an LE so we’re trying to work out a day where we can hang out, play some pinball, and he can teach me about DP before i decide on pulling a trigger.

Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Man, I’ve gone through tons of Sterns and pretty soon these will be the last 3 standing in my collection. DP is fast stupid fun and is the perfect compliment to the other two. I’d be totally cool with SW or Maiden in pro, but ripping the left orbit in DP premium over and over made the premium a must have to me. Pro is super fun too though so it’s a tough one, as it’s a pretty pricey upgrade.
The selfish part of me wants you to get a Woz so I can nerd out over your strategies, but I play DP 10x more than Woz and if one had to go it would be Woz in a heartbeat [quoted image]

*Drool* I owned a WOZ for a few months. Absolutely loved it. I must have put in 1000 plays in that 3 months. I sold it for 2 reasons. One being the tech, having to reconnect connectors every other week was tiresome and i had an unsteady feeling if one day reconnecting them wouldn’t fix the issue. Two, i started getting to melt the witch almost every game and wanted to see more of the game but kept getting that repeatedly. That all said, still love that pin and miss locking lots of balls for escape multiball (is that what its called? It’s been so long haha). The multiballs, modes, and everything is so good and so immersive.

#2133 4 months ago

How are ball times on Deadpool in relation to progression and wizard modes. Fairly simple and straightforward; say 15-20 min ball times tops to get to final wizard mode? Does the game offer quick progression and one more game feeling/Adrenalin?

I’ve got my next pin narrowed down to DP PREM or JJPOTC. Pirates is over budget but might be able to swing it. DP PREM gives me a few extra bucks for mods and a color dmd for my acdc.

I don’t know why I’m obsessed with DO lately. I think it’s the new code, theme, and watching video of the new code. I know what I’m getting with Pirates; think I need to go play a DP PREM or LE quick before I make up my mind.

Well shit I think I answered my own question haha but if someone wants to comment on the former, I’m open ears. Thanks for letting me ramble here.

1 week later
#2200 3 months ago

I forget; did DP come out before or after IMDN? And does the pro come with service rails?

#2246 3 months ago

What are you guys getting for prices on premium and LE?

#2283 3 months ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Thanks for the suggestions. I've played Deadpool a lot at a couple of locations and can definitely tell when it isn't set up well. One machine is impossible to make shots on and the other is buttery smooth.
Does the plastic protector set you put on protect the plastic on the ramp below the hammock? I've seen this piece broken on two machines and it ruins the shot.
What about protection for the shorter lane?
OH one more questions. Should I wax it out of the box? Do I dare ask what wax is preferred? I'm sure that topic has been beat to death but I'm relatively new to pinball.

Wax isn’t needed on an NIB if it’s planned for home use. Wait a few months, then wax it. Out of the box, just run a micro fiber cloth to the playfield while looking for any oddities, targets out of alignment, cosmetic issues, etc...

I highly recommend replacing the factory stern balls. I used to get the pinball life gloss balls but I don’t think they carry them anymore. I’ve since used Marco Specialties balls and they’re great. Standard for games with magnets, or their premium silver jets if no magnets. Don’t think DP has magnets so you should be covered. If you want high gloss shiny balls then get the ninjas from ball baron, but personally, I don’t like them. They look phenomenal, but they play...’different’. I don’t know if their sizes different, weigh different, or what; but they play more floaty to me.

Enjoy your new game. I’m getting close to pulling the trigger on a DP myself. Just contemplating whether I want to wait and see BKSR and/or Wonka first.

#2288 3 months ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

How is it possible to upload so many posts so quickly? It will be an error?

Top 100 refreshes every Monday. There must be at least 15 ratings for it to enter the pinside top list. DP premium had <15 ratings last week, now that it has 16 (very good ratings) it has merged with DPLE and pro pumping it to #5 spot.

Unfortunately, This will get people’s panties bunches up when they see what has happened. Whether they’ve played DP (on recent code) or not is irrelevant and it will be slammed back down to the 20s, 30s, or possibly further. Over time, probably in about 6-9 months as true honest players rate the game, it will get settled in to a nice spot and will roughly stay there only moving up and down a spot or 2 occasionally moving forward.

#2320 3 months ago

Boom! Now if I could only find a DP to buy...

#2323 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

As these updates continue to make Deadpool a much more attractive game to buy, and given the relatively weak initial sales due to crap software, it will be a hard row to hoe these days. Once word gets around how great the machine has become, I can see Stern doing a re-run, even if it's limited.

Don’t get me wrong, they’re easy to find and I have one in the works. But CA TAX law is preventing me from buying from the usual top distributors that have plenty readibly available. $7300 is already a lot of money for a non-LE pin, now tack on $500-700 more to that?

#2367 3 months ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

I’ve found this to be true for every Prem I’ve played. Why!? They feel significantly heavier and solid...

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Same. Never understood this. My GOT pro feels like it’s made of balsa wood compared to ACDC prem.

My IMDN Pro feels pretty solid. I think it might have to do with the service support rails.

#2379 3 months ago

Is Tanio Klyce a dark horse unsung hero at stern right now? When DP first released, i had no interest. Now, after seeing what he’s done - i will be an owner of a premium soon

I know this is Tanio’s first lead, but what else has he worked on? I know he did work on Mustang and the rules and modes in that game are off the charts good. He’s been with stern for awhile so I’m sure there’s a lot more he’s done.

Great job on Deadpool Tanio (and co.)!

#2440 3 months ago
Quoted from Returner:

Is this the way it suppose to be on the Pro? On screw on each side in the playfield at the edge of apron towards the outhole?
The playfield has "grain" like the worst stern i've seen aswell.....I guess it's just to raise the head and live with it.[quoted image]

Unfortunately, the grain is the new norm from stern. My IMDN has it and even my SW and ACDC have it to a lesser degree. I’ve heard many others who have it also.

#2497 88 days ago
Quoted from StoneyFL:

I heard back from the folks who sold me my Deadpool:
"I was told to go through the warranty process and they will get back to me in a few days to make their decision. I closed your Case and created this WO so I could do that. If it does go through you will have to return the old mech. I will follow up with you in a few days. thanks."
Seriously?
I'm genuinely curious. Is this standard? Because Stern could have sent me a $4.00 part and been done with this, but instead they want to make it into a long, drawn out process.
I actually ordered the part I need and a bunch of extra parts from Pinball Life yesterday, so about the only thing Stern's reaction has done is make me not want to give them any more of my money.

I usually email Chas (chas.siddiqi@sternpinball.com) and cc my distributor and tell them the problem. 9 times out of 10 Chas asks me for my game's serial number and shipping address, verifies it, then he sends me the replacement part. Fairly trouble free.

#2498 88 days ago

Side note: any good instruction cards for Deadpool?

#2502 88 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Did you get your Premium?

Not yet, but it is ordered and on its way! I've been procrastinating on apron cards for all my games, ordering DP has got me researching them for all my machines. For some reason, i remember getting apron cards for games i owned in the past much easier.

#2503 88 days ago

Dam they’re quick, just showed up!

Hopefully no issues but shipment looks good so far.

48DBA82B-239E-4E74-9983-7577D5B74EEA (resized).jpegFAB8AB27-3EB0-42E5-A0C2-84D0A4DAC9E4 (resized).jpeg
#2513 88 days ago

Make sure when you’re reseating connectors the power is off. Hopefully It is a connector. Otherwise stern will get your back. Email Chas at stern and your distributor.

#2528 88 days ago

All I gotta say is what a bad ass game! Snikt shot might be my new favorite shot in pinball even though I only have about a 5% success rate hahaha.

Loving the premium features so far, but had to go with the pro translite.

A733B98E-EC9A-4BC8-B8B5-13CD179A443F (resized).jpegEB4CF449-3147-4E64-B908-78C5BBC9BA68 (resized).jpeg89519F76-E01B-4517-94FD-04CE7C0D75B6 (resized).jpeg9FD12E72-EB93-48E0-97E1-F7FE8DCDED4F (resized).jpeg
#2565 85 days ago

I’m still on an Adrenalin high; but this game is legit! For real, so under the radar. Mad props to NimblePin , tkdalumni , vireland , and apollyon for all the support in my decision. I waited for Black Knight release - pass. I waited for Wonka - pass. Almost got a JJP game but those were a bit over budget and just didn’t check all the boxes. Plus, the YBR WoZ went the wrong direction in price haha. Then those guys, and everyone else in this owners thread, got me thinking about Deadpool. I did not like this game on release which is why i never considered it again, but glad i gave it a 2nd look. Tanio Klyce is my new unsung hero in this hobby. So much attention to detail went into DP that has been missing in pinball for so long. There are so many cool little things going on...and the breadth, holy hell the breadth in the ruleset delivers. So good.

OK, still on a honeymoon. But, I’ve been on many honeymoons and you can tell there’s something special going on with DP. It really can hold its own against some of the other top dogs in pinball. Kudos for stern for giving us such a unique, fun game!

#2566 85 days ago

Oh yea, and it helps that i did this....i love that freakin Snikt shot!!!

08612982-EE22-4965-BD2C-6C86EF090599 (resized).jpeg
#2570 85 days ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Teach me your ways! I can't get past 500,000,000ish. For some reason I really struggle with the orbit shots lately. I can get the katana ramp pretty regularly and the snikt shot more often than I would have expected though.

Don’t forget about collecting hero team ups before starting a battle. They give perks like double scoring. Then get a Snikt shot or 2, a multiball, and cash it in. I was playing with a friend and I had 3x going with ninja mb and he said my JPs alone were 24 mi each. And I cashed in a final battle shot for 90mil.

#2571 85 days ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

The stern rep said my node was going out Thursday and then again today..... I bitched and asked for 2 day shipping. Was happy with the outcome until hahah hey I can at least play the lower half of the game am I rite?
[quoted image][quoted image]

That sucks for sure. At least they got you covered and should be back up in no time.

#2578 85 days ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

I at least try going in with double damage. I have trouble with the domino and dazzler orbit shits though. I guess as part of my problem is just simply draining while trying to get teamups or unsuccessfully finishing battles. I can usually get the multiballs started. Recently I have really been struggling getting the disco Multi all. I used to be able to get it going pretty quick but now I'm lucky if I start it.
I've had 3x on ninja mb before but I don't think my jackpots were that high. If I'm not mistaken the ninja mb jp's depend on how many ninjas have been ghosted so many I hadn't collected many yet.
Thanks for the reply.

NOw that I think of it; i think it was mech suit mb that i had 3x and those large jp’s. Doesn’t make sense it was that high on ninja mb.

#2580 85 days ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Yeah I could see that. I think I just need to keep getting more accurate wit my shots.

The design is Both a positive and negative. That’s the sacrifice you get when you go outside the box. And that’s why i like Gomez, he tries to incorporate fun awkward shots. So with all these weird shots, there’s going to be some Klunk and randomness but it does work on this game whereas something like Avengers, that randomness didn’t work so well. What’s my point? yea, shoot better lol, but part of the design is to add a lot of randomness to shots; without it the ball times would be marathon like. But it certainly does feel good when the game starts flowing on this kind of layout.

#2596 83 days ago
Quoted from Budfan:

For some reason I cant seem to find the adjustmemt for headphone volume control in the menu. Was this removed in the latest update?

It’s there. I have the headset. I’ll see if I can find the adjustment next time I’m in the gameroom. Forgot if it’s in standard adjustments or featured.

#2600 83 days ago

So I’ve had my premium almost a week. And I just hit 100 plays. Here’s some fun audits to report:

10-15 minute games: 12
15+ minute games: 9
Avg score: 272,895,000
Left drains: 68
Center drains: 170
Right drains: 75
Tilts: 18 (I have an extremely tight tilt with max debounce time - adds to the difficulty. And I attribute most these tilts to robt haha).

I still haven’t made it to MR sinister or Megakradalodonus. But I did get the Snikt up to 5x once just yesterday in fact. I blew it up with juggernaut stacked with Colossus stacked with ninja mb and katana Rama. Didn’t get to see my final juggernaut shot but it had to be upwards of 300 mil as I came out of that 5x stack with 800 mil points total.

EDIT: a few things I’d like to see if an update ever happened:

1. More HS tables like IMDN has
2. Fix lighting show for the 4 top inlanes as they get disguised at times and you can’t play the rollovers to complete bonus x. Intentional?

#2606 82 days ago
Quoted from Budfan:

Now I know why it did not show up in the menu or that my volume knob on the stern volume plate did not work. I moved the pinball into the basement very recently and the connector to the cpu board came off. Yep. Feel like a newbie all over again.

Sorry i never got back. That’s interesting that it doesn’t even come up on the adjustments unless it’s plugged in.

#2614 82 days ago

Well holy shit. What a night of Deadpool. Game was kicking my ass all night as I tried to get to Sauron, sinister, or Megakradalodonus. Then, on about game #10, I light Sauron > hit the Snikt for 2x and start Sauron. Coming out of Sauron mb, I hit the Snikt for 3x and start mech suit mb. With 3x about to expire, I get it to 4x, then 5x, then add a ball! And it was all over from there. Didn’t even play one quest haha.

What a freaking crazy ass rush! Snikt for life baby!
CDCED44E-4B78-4D0C-B560-ED3DEDF3D8B2 (resized).jpeg

#2621 81 days ago
Quoted from Wotto:

Would any of you wonderful, sharing and helpful Pinside pinball browser experts like to save me hours and hours of effort in trying to learn that and just rip that audio file and email it to me

I have pinball browser, but dont use it very often. I have licensed it a couple times so i can export/import songs and sounds to my liking. However, my license is old or not working - i havent used it in a long time so i gotta do some research and get up to date with the latest pb software and buy another license. So give me a bit on this...

That said; if anyone does have a licensed copy of pinball browser. I played with the sounds and the mech suit call outs are on:
Req 335: Mech Suit Multiball
Req 666: Mech Suit Jackpot
Req 667: Mech Suit Super Jackpot

Quoted from Flipnaught:

I did two things that really smoothed out my game today. I've been getting really frustrated with the dazzlee shot lately. Shots jamming up in the spinner and the spinner just not spinning as well as I remembered it in general. Started to investigate and noticed that the spinner bracket was loose. Tightened up the screws and it felt sturdy. The other thing I did was the smallest of drop of super lube on the spinner brackets and where the spinner touches the switch. WHOOOO! Spinner game is on point now! Before I was only getting the disco mb maybe every 20 games, now it comes with ease!
Also, I don't know if anyone does this but there is a really easy way to cheese the Sabretooth battle. This is totally lazy but it works. Get your ball locked in the mini Deadpool then start the Sabretooth battle. Release the ball from the lock and let both balls drain. When they auto launch they go into the poppers and wreck Sabre tooth. Battle over. Sometimes you have to let them drain twice while the ball save is on.

Disco mb every 20 games? Hey now, who's the playa now? 110 plays in and ive only gotten there twice lol

Quoted from chuckwurt:

If eskaybee gets into a game, look out. Monster scores are coming.

#2629 81 days ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Got my node replacement today and I’m past the two hour mark and I’m still running knock on wood. So much fun, was a long week not having it up and running.

Awesome news!!

Quoted from vireland:

With just one bug exploit and a little practice, yours can be too!

Muahaha.....you also need a baby in one of your arms to pull it off

#2638 80 days ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I want to make this my next pin. Struggling on deciding between the Pro and Premium. I have played the Pro several times but have not been able to find a Premium to play.

It’s all about that loop return to the right flipper. It adds another satisfying shot to the arsenal of satisfying shots this game offers. Keep in mind though, the unique layout is A-Typical Gomez Klunk-Flow. The shots in DP do not flow like a Steve Ritchie butter smooth game. But hot damn do these shots feel good. Every one of them! I couldn’t imagine playing the game without the left loop return especially for disco loops and multiballs; but there are plenty of other satisfying shots in the game that still makes the pro a good buy.

Drop targets: I own ACDC pro - I’ve owned ACDC prem in the past and i just really enjoy the standups and how they play Than the premium. I thought I wouldn’t care about the drops in DP Prem for that reason, but man their placement and the rules for them surprised me on how much i enjoy them.

For me; getting the extra flow was worth it. The drops are icing on the cake. Disco ball is another cool addition especially for disco multiball. But all in all, it really comes down to whether you want the flow of that left loop or not. It feels dam good hitting it.

That all said - playing devils advocate; i have not played a pro since code 1.0. I played a couple different pro’s and even a premium on early software and just didn’t like the game. I appreciate it a whole lot more now at v1.0.0 so i’d Be curious to try a pro now and see how i felt.

#2647 80 days ago
Quoted from V_piscopo:

Could have swore I saw somebody post a "service bulliton" about bending katana ramp exit shot but can't seem to find it now. Can anyone enlighten me?

Not a service bulletin, but here’s a link to what you are talking about. I believe Stern told him to fix like this.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-elses-opinion-changed-on-deadpool#post-4891205

Personally, I would play with your pitch first. nimblepin Told me he spoke with George Gomez who recommended A 7° pitch. He landed his LE at 7.2°. I set my premium up to 7.2° also and it’s been great. There are times when I think I can tweak it better, but it plays so good right now that When I miss happens it really doesn’t bother me because it’s rare. Hope this helps.

#2651 80 days ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Don't be afraid to try lower pitches too though. I settled on 6.8ish after running the gamut from 6.5 to around 7.3. Any higher than 6.8 and my slings get out of hand and send it into the outanes instantly among other gripes with certain shots. Just have to find what works best for your machine.
Mine also improved greatly after replacing the factory stern balls. The ones from stern bounced all over the damn place. Not to mention the factory balls had dents the size of a crater on the moon after a couple hundred plays. Looks like someone took a ball peen hammer to them. Air balls like crazy and completely unpredictable. Went with silver jets and couldn't be happier. They have been holding up really well and move around really smoothly on the playfield, no air balls, no bouncing, no crazy crap. Just smooth.

Agreed. I’ve owned a lot of sterns over the years and have always found that 6.8deg is a real sweet sweet spot with all of them.

#2664 80 days ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Alright Guys, I'm hoping you can provide me with guidance on 2 issues:
1. I'm having my first challenge regarding Deadpool Pro setup. The current code is the one mentioned with that country song I read about online...haven't checked actual version. I'm trying to install the latest version 1.00.0. I followed directions regarding download, unzip, and extract the .spk file from the generated subfolder. I copied the .spk.002 file onto an empty (formatted) FAT32 usb and plugged into each of the two usb slots available. When I turn on the game there is not a notification for updating code...just goes through normal boot up. Has anyone else had issues similar to this one? The subfolder created from unzipping the downloaded zip file only contains a .spk.002 file, and size is between 300 and 700 mb I think.
2. Have you guys used just Naptha for cleaning between wax applications? I know the instructions say to use Novus 2, but I'm hesitant on applying the abrasive. Also, does the machine come prewaxed when purchased NIB?
Thanks Guys!

Regarding pf cleaning. I use wizards mist n shine which JJP recommends. The stuff is great. Novus 2 really is only needed on a really really dirty pf.

If it’s for home use, I personally don’t wax straight out of the box and wait until roughly 1000 plays or when it feels needed. Out of the box; I will wipe down the pf with a microfiber cloth and no cleaners, inspecting the playfield, inserts, etc... then I typically fire up the machine, go into the coil diagnostics and fire each one to make sure they’re working and do the same for lamps and lighting diagonaitcis. If all is good, Load it up with balls and have at it.

#2693 77 days ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Don't be afraid to try lower pitches too though. I settled on 6.8ish after running the gamut from 6.5 to around 7.3. Any higher than 6.8 and my slings get out of hand and send it into the outanes instantly among other gripes with certain shots. Just have to find what works best for your machine.
Mine also improved greatly after replacing the factory stern balls. The ones from stern bounced all over the damn place. Not to mention the factory balls had dents the size of a crater on the moon after a couple hundred plays. Looks like someone took a ball peen hammer to them. Air balls like crazy and completely unpredictable. Went with silver jets and couldn't be happier. They have been holding up really well and move around really smoothly on the playfield, no air balls, no bouncing, no crazy crap. Just smooth.

Dropped my pitch down to 6.9 Friday night to try for the weekend. Feels much better; shots are smoother. Hard to tell if Snikt is easier or not, but it certainly feels that way. Some games i can hit it left & right, other games cant touch it at all haha. In either case, I’m leaving mine here, it plays so much smoother.

#2722 75 days ago

Do you know what your pitch at? I started at 7.2 and it was brutally fast and fun. However, I popped it down to 6.9 and while it shoots much smoother, it is easier.

Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Out of The box the outlanes have no rubber rings. I just popped in a set and the game is 10x easier.
How many of you run it this way vs stock? Stock it was pretty darn brutal!

#2727 74 days ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

On the Colossus shot, what does "special" do when lit? I've only seen it twice but never hit it.

Special in all games is a free credit. However, you can change it in settings to be an extra ball or points instead.

#2731 74 days ago
Quoted from Gumby510:

Second day in a row the right slingshot has been doing this. Anyway to adjust this?
[quoted image]

Check to be sure the rubber isn’t twisted at all and around the grooves cleanly. Otherwise, try lowering sling power in settings - Feature Adjustment #4. Also, try another rubber. I wonder if for some reason it has a slightly larger rubber than it’s supposed to? I’ll check manual, but probably a 2” rubber I’m guessing.

EDIT: just checked manual; it’s a 2 1/2”

#2746 74 days ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

1.01 is out!!
LE V1.01.0 - May 8, 2019
========================
- Updated LIL' DEADPOOL LOCK Device:
- Improved ball lock handling. If the drop targets do not stay up when
the devices attempts to catch the ball, retry the drop target reset
up to 3 times. If the ball is not successfully locked within 4 seconds
of hitting the Lil Deadpool target, start the next qualified
Lil Deadpool mode.
- Improved ball lock-out handling. In the lock-out state, the drop
targets are reset whenever they are hit. If the ball gets behind the
drop targets when the device is in this state, lower the drop targets
to release the ball.
- Adjustment: "DISABLE LIL DP TARGET BANK" - when this adjustment is set to YES,
the Lil Deadpool drop targets will never reset and the Lil Deadpool device
will not be unable to lock balls. Rules that rely on locking a ball in the
Lil Deadpool device will compensate; the following rules are effected:
- Lil Deadpool Multiball, Frenzy, and Bounce
- T-Rex Quest
- Mr. Sinister: Megakrakolodonus Rex
- Mr. Sinister: The Final Battle
- Adjustment removed: "LIL DEADPOOL LOCKS BALLS" (Lil' Deadpool device will
always attempt to lock balls unless "DISABLE LIL DP TARGET BANK" is set to YES.
- Adjustment added: "BALL SAVE TIMER: LDP RECENT LOCK" (Default 0 seconds). If this
is set to a value greater than 0 seconds, a ball saver will start as soon as the
Lil' Deadpool target is hit to initiate a ball lock attempt.
- Updated switch test: do not reset Lil Deadpool drop target bank when the
Lil Deadpool target is closed in switch test.
- Updated T-REX QUEST:
Updated rules:
- At mode start
- All arrow shots are lit.
- Lil Deadpool drop targets stay up when hit.
- When a lit arrow shot is made
- Shot is unlit.
- Lil Deadpool drop targets trip down.
- T-Rex hurry up starts on the Lil Deadpool stand up target (12 seconds).
- If another lit shot is made, the hurry-up value is boosted and time is added.
- If hurry-up times out, drop targets are reset. If no shots are lit when the
hurry-up times out, all shots are relit.
- When the lit Lil Deadpool stand up target is hit,
- Collect hurry-up award.
- All shots are relit.
- Collect the hurry-up 4 times to light the scoop to collect DNA.
- Shoot lit scoop to collect DNA sample and complete the mode.
- If ball is drained while scoop is lit, the mode is completed.
Updated display:
- Display T-Rex Hurry-Up value when it is available at the Lil Deadpool target
- Updated WEAPON JACKPOT award:
- 100, 200, 300 weapons ... bump playfield multiplier minimum for the rest of the game.
- Updated MYSTERY: If Extra Ball is Lit, do not award Light Extra Ball from MYSTERY.
- Updated LIL' DEADPOOL FRENZY: switch value increases by 100k each time the
mode is restarted. Max switch value is 400k.
- Fixed REGENERATE - during multiball, a ball going down the left outlane with
Regenerate lit would intermittently not award a ball save.
- Added formatted game pricing to attract mode screens.
- System V2.27:
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.40.0
- Updated instructions for RESTORE SETTINGS.
- Reordered items in UTIL-&gt;VOL, moved CABINET SPEAKER TYPE to be after
BACKBOX SPEAKER TYPE.
- Added UTIL-&gt;RESET-&gt;VOL which will reset all audio settings to their
default values.
- Append (MAX) to the credit message if the number of credits equals
the CREDIT LIMIT adjustment.

dp_hero (resized).png
#2749 74 days ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

If another lit shot is made, the hurry-up value is boosted and time is added.
I like the sounds of that!
100,200,300 weapons for pf x... thats not actually new is it?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

You definitely got a pf x for 100 before.

The pf x boost was for the duration of the ball. Sounds like it’s changed to the remainder of the game.

#2818 72 days ago

My Lil DP has been acting fine so far but had one quirky issue last night. I got lil DP mode 3 ready (the targets mode). Made the shot, locked it in, the mode started but the drops didn’t release nor did they try to. Ball search fixed it and I was able to play the mode. Anyone else make it to this mode on new code and/or experience the same thing?

Btw; the mode felt different and I was awarded a multiplier bump til end of ball. I don’t remember this before, but then again I hadn’t played the mode much before so never really paid attention. I’ll be going for it much more knowing there’s a multiplier reward involved.

#2837 70 days ago

DP is such a freakin cool and unique game. There’s a lot of talk about how cool the Katana ramp and Snikt shots are, but what about that colossus shot?!? I’m loving that shot! I think i may like it more than the Katana ramp. So cool to whip it around and hit the target. Plus, it’s integrated very well into the rules/code.

That’s my random post of the day; still got a high going on and cant stop thinking about this game haha.

#2844 70 days ago
Quoted from RobT:

Take any one of those shots from DP that you mention and put it on another pin and chances are very high that it would be the best shot on that pin.
DP is full of cool satisfying shots, and it's one of the main things that attracted me to it. The fact that we can add so many other positive aspects on top of that makes it a real winner.

What chuck said above. But if you contact Chas at stern and explain to him the problem, he’ll more than likely send you a couple new ones.

#2874 69 days ago
Quoted from Buckman:

How about these 3 figures, do they go on the playfield somewhere?
[quoted image]

I never checked the goodie bag (lol), but when I saw nimblepin LE in person with the extra plastic pieces, it looked good - it was a must do IMO. So I put the colossus and Deadpool ones in. I like them both, but Colossus stands out more and looks really good. Easy install; take off the plastic piece first, mount it, then reinstall the plastic peace. Domino is a bit more tricky from what I can see; getting her plastic off the pf looks like it requires loosening the katana ramp to move it over. Haven’t done hers yet but I probably will at some point.

#2878 69 days ago
Quoted from BelleHall:

Domino is a must add, IMO. It brings your attention to the location of her right orbit shot. The artwork for her is hidden but the katana, so the plastic does help.

any tips on removing and replacing the plastic?

#2882 69 days ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

I bought mine a month ago as my fist home pin and have zero regrets. It's been an absolute blast and I haven't tired of it yet and I play for at least a couple of hours a day. The code is engaging and they are a lot of ways to approach the game. The music, callout and sound effects are top notch and fell very original compared to other pins.
Other games I was considering were Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy. I played them all extensively on location and settled on Deadpool. I would make the same choice again in an instant.

I just recently got DP PREM, and coincidentally own SW PRO too. I think you made a wise choice getting DP first. While SW has a crazy unorthodox yet addicting ruleset, DP has the total package. Both games compliment each other very well because the rules and play style is completely different than each other.

Quoted from gliebig:

How is everyone liking this game? Fun? Enough replay value? I haven't played but a couple games on it at a show. I couldn't hear anything, but it seemed like it could be a fun pin to own. I've been thinking about picking up a Pro this year.

The game is legit. It has an ENOURMOUS sound package which is choreographed and implemented very well. I’m usually a stern pro buyer, but went premium with this one; the added flow of the left loop is very rewarding, love hitting the drop targets, and becoming a fan of the disco mb light show - though I find myself playing that multiball with my head staring up at the ceiling rather than the playfield haha.

#2883 69 days ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

I bought mine a month ago as my fist home pin and have zero regrets. It's been an absolute blast and I haven't tired of it yet and I play for at least a couple of hours a day. The code is engaging and they are a lot of ways to approach the game. The music, callout and sound effects are top notch and fell very original compared to other pins.
Other games I was considering were Star Wars and Guardians of the Galaxy. I played them all extensively on location and settled on Deadpool. I would make the same choice again in an instant.

Oh. And I don’t quite understand the love for Guardians. The ruleset is so narrow and linear on top of a poorly executed sound package and lcd display. It does shoot excellent though.

#2892 68 days ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

And just like, some of the defaults (possibly seen as bugs) are addressed... along with a couple scoring changes.
LE V1.02.0 - May 13, 2019
=========================
- Added Adjustment - "LIL DP START REQUIRES BALL LOCK" (Default is YES).
- YES: The ball must be locked behind the Lil' Deadpool drop targets in order
to start a Lil' Deadpool mode. (This was the default behavior in v1.00.0).
- NO: When the Lil' Deadpool is lit GREEN for lock and the Lil' Deadpool stand-up
target is hit, the device will attempt to lock the ball behind the drop targets.
If the ball is not locked within 4 seconds, the next Lil' Deadpool mode will start
automatically. (This was the default behavior in v1.01.0).
This adjustment is ignored if the "DISABLE LIL DP TARGET BANK" adjustment is set to YES.
- Fixed: Right orbit switch was ignored for 2 seconds after ball leaves shooter lane.
- Updated Super Skill Shot: timer increased from 3 seconds to 5 seconds.
- Updated Ninjapocalypse: awards 5M, 5.5M, 6M, ... 10M max.
- Updated Ninjapocalypse display: added score and ninjas collected.
- Snikt display: added playfield multiplier value.

This is what we call polish and support. So happy to see Tanio and his team on top of it.

I really hope they have plans to add additional high score tables. Some that come to mind would be:
+ Sabertooth/Mystique/Juggernaut Champs
+ final blow champ (highest single value final blow shot score), maybe also display which villain it was against.
+ T-Rex/Megladon champs
+ super skill shot champ (most super skills shots)
+ Snikt champ (Most snikt shots in one game)
+ disco loops champ
+ disco mb champ
+ berserker rage champ
+ Collosus JP champ
+ Ninjapocalypse champ
+ Katana Rama champ
+ Lil DP mb and frenzy champs
+ Sauron champ
+ Mech suit mb champ
+ weapon champ (most weapons collected)
+ megakrakawhateveritscalled asaurus champ
+ Mr Sinister Champ

Those are just to name a few to get em started lol

#2910 68 days ago

Question for PREM/LE owners.

Do you guys ever get a weird ball rattle into the right orbit ramp causing it to not make it up the ramp? Ever since i cleaned the playfield it seems maybe 1 in 10 shots will rattle coming out of the right control gate causing the ball to lose momentum. I haven’t investigated it thoroughly to see what’s throwing the ball off yet as it’s pretty rare, but thought i’d hit you guys up first to see if anyone has seen the same thing or not.

#2912 67 days ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Anything can be an exploit if ur bossy enough to get 5X going,
and keep it going! Thats the beauty of the whole risk/reward of
this new TRex mode now, no?

as you make pf shots to increase the ‘base’ hurry up value; I don’t think the intent, at least it shouldn’t be, that multipliers affect its base value. Only the collect shot is what should be multiplied. So yes, this can be an exploit whether you have 5x or even 2x going. I guess we’ll find out what Tanio and the guys at stern think about it, but i imagine they’ll throw in a fix to it....and seemlessly add high score tables at the same time

#2919 67 days ago
Quoted from Ravvis:

I have found that this game is very particular when it comes to leveling. What is everyone's pitch? I am still messing around with mine. On my pro.

I started at 7.2 then 6.9, and found a happy medium at 7.0

#2947 66 days ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Hey Eskaybee, just wanted to say I appreciate your posts on the games you own -- you go into such great detail. A quick question -- I'm am trying to decided between DP,AFMR, and SW. How do you think DP compares to AFMR? My wife like to play too so I don't want a game that's too hard so I kind of eliminated SW because of that, do you think either of the other two would appeal to the casual player more? Is one more likely to last longer in a small collection? (obviously I'd appreciate anybody else's opinion too).

Thanks for the compliment man! Geez...this is a tough one. AFMr is the poster child for drawing in casual players; plus its a classic, and for good reason. When i owned it, all my friends/family naturally gravitated towards it. Casual gamers get tunnel vision when they play, all they can focus on is the ball, so when games give you options that you must look at the display, casual gamers get lost + confused quick. So i give AFM the win hands down for casual player appeal. But, as an owner, i really appreciate and love variety in a game and that’s where SW and DP shine. It’s too soon to tell if casual players will like DP; from what i can tell, only us players and hobbyist will truly appreciate the satisfaction of the shot geometry while casual players may find it too difficult. Simple easy Flow is king for casual gamers.

As for long term last ability (in a small pin lineup); that’s where SW & DP will shine over AFM. DP is loaded with variety in sound package, the difficult shots and overall fun of the game keep me coming back. Whether I have a short game, or a long game on DP, there’s always something that checks the satisfaction box. SW is loaded with different ways to play the game with much harder brutal gameplay and has a really unorthodox ruleset that is like no other. I give DP the nod for the overall total package - from rules, to shots, to code, to display, to fun factor.

Hope that helps.

#2966 63 days ago
Quoted from GymRatt:

Just wondering if the flipper power and bumper power is adjustable? I don't see any settings to adjust the flipper &amp; bumper power in the setting menus. I have a home use Deadpool LE which seems to have sluggish flipper power compared to other Deadpool machines I have played. Played a Deadpool Pro machine yesterday in a arcade and it really seems to really whack the balls around very noticeably quicker. Flippers seem to have a good snap to them. The bumpers on the Pro also seem a lot more powerful and really kicking the ball around. Sounded like pop corn at time. Couldn't find a setting for bumper power either. Did i miss something in the settings or are flippers and bumpers not adjustable?

There is a setting for slingshot power as i increased mine slightly.

I did not see a flipper power setting like there is in my IMDN and SW. And I didn’t see any bumpers power setting.

#2968 63 days ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Anyone recommend what type of speaker would be good to replace the sub speaker under the playfield?mine sounds terrible. Was wondering if I can replace it with a car 8" sub dont want overload the pin.
Any help would be appreciated etc.
[quoted image]

Did you buy your DP new? If so, hit up Chas at Stern, he’ll send you a free replacement.

I have an external sub for my ACDC + IMDN and it adds a lot to the stock speakers. Highly recommend and you probably don’t even need the stock sub.

For Deadpool; i went ahead and got the 10” FF sub + FF backbox speakers. I installed the sub first and have been running stock bb speakers with the FF sub up until today, i finally got around to installing the FF bb speakers. With the FF sub and stock speakers it really didn’t seem to make a difference, not worth the money. Now with the FF bb speakers installed, the sound system sounds great! I like it better than just the external sub alone as it adds bass and clarity which works perfect for this game and its sound package.

All that said; shoot me a pm if you want to make the drive out to Rancho (I’m right at the 210 and 15), i’ll make sure i can locate my sub i took out of DP (i have it somewhere but gotta remember where i put it lol), and you can have it.

#2974 63 days ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Anyone else seen the other secret skill shot other than the 'snikt' skill shot? I haven't seen any mention of this skill shot anywhere and never noticed before. Just hit the right orbit on the plunge then the katana ramp for a ninjapocolypse and it says:
"MKV presents...
MKV Secret skill shot"
I think it was worth 12.5 million.
What is MKV?

MXV skill shot is left flipper hold plunge to right loop then katana ramp.

#3003 61 days ago

I haven’t seen the DP laserific topper, but I’m just not a fan of their others. They look cheap. While overpriced, the sterns seem to look really well designed and built.

#3017 60 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I started at 7.2 then 6.9, and found a happy medium at 7.0

Update; I’m back up to 7.2 lol. Started at 7.2 per nimblepin suggestion, dropped it to 6.9 which I thought played smoother but not with trap + shoots, went up to 7.0 which was really good but liking the balance that nimblepin recommended with 7.2.

FWIW; I haven’t noticed a difference with the Snikt shot, no matter what the pitch is, that shot is tough as nails.

#3019 60 days ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Mine's at 6.8 and plays great. The Katana lock is fantastic. The Snikt shot is practically impossible, but I've hit it. Clever shot.

Yea, Snikt is wild. I can go multiple games without getting a single Snikt, then all of a sudden i’ll get on a roll and can hit it like clockwork. I got to 4x last night, ready to start a battle and light it up in multiball...but drained before I could it going!! doh! its a love/hate shot for sure lol.

#3033 59 days ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Has anyone come close to this yet?? If so, please send strategy! [quoted image]

That’s insane!

I’m guessing 5x Snikt’s in Mech Suit, Sauron, clone sinister, megakrakalablabla and mr sinister?

Makes me wonder if they did anything to tweak their Snikt shot or not? I wonder what pitch they run it at? Has anyone done anything to make their Snikt shot more successful?

#3036 58 days ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Theres room to angle it a bit more.
I did it and the ball definitely gets up a sknit more now, but purposely is another topic.

How did you do it? Did you just straight up bend it? or did you loosen it, and give a little tweak as you retightened?

#3043 57 days ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Minor nit as I love the game and appreciate all the team has done, but it seems like for the 10 on the Match Wheel there is an extra space between the 1 and 0 so it looks like 1 0. Seems like that could be a easy fix/polish with any next update.

I wish that was all that was wrong with my SW or ACDC pins

#3054 57 days ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

Hey guys, quick question I didn't want to make a thread for. Im super close to pulling the trigger on DP prem (maybe pro, but leaning prem). It's in a toss up with IMDN and BM66 for me. I havent got to play a Deadpool yet and I've watched a couple streams, is there any risk/reward factor to the code like there is in BM66 (continuing mode or cashing out with the villains)?? I really love that about BM66 and feel like the code is super deep for my one pin collection and it wouldn't get boring. But Deadpool then and art and layout looks a lot more appealing to me. Looks like maybe going for Snikts before starting modes is kinda risk/reward.

Plenty of risk/reward strategies. None like Lyman with the press your luck aspect. But there is lots of breadth in this game. The main one is the battles; trying to bring in team ups to your villain battles is very lucrative, and not just for points but for progression. Especially when you get to level 2 battles, you almost need to go for a team up partner or 3 or 4. Points wise, you can really blow the game up if you bring in your team ups.

#3056 57 days ago
Quoted from stevebighead:

Looking for some DP instruction cards, can't seem to find any.? I hate those yellow Stern ones!

I approve of this message. Anyone?

#3060 57 days ago

I have weapon stacking turned off on all my multiballs except disco mb and Sauron so getting to 100 weapons is super rare. But it makes mech suit mb more lucrative to get to. I wish there was a setting to increase # of weapons for each award like making mech suit qualified at 75 weapons or something.

Quoted from mannymasy:

I have difficulty obtaining multipliers ... your target is like mine?[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, that’s how mine is. I think pitch plays a factor in the success of the shot, but I really like where my pitch setting is at so I started playing around with my Snikt target and did something that appears to make it smoother and better, but I only got to test it on one or two games but got to 3x real quick in both. I’m with the kids now getting ready for SW day at the library, but lemme see if I can sneak in a quick pick and share so you guys can try and report back.

#3061 57 days ago

Snikt adjustment:

Alright guys here we go. Piggy backing off what mahoyvan did to his Snikt, I didn’t want to screw a new hole. So to compensate with my pitch and difficulty to make a successful Snikt, here’s what I did, real simple:

Added a washer to the top screw under the plate.

7D9E995A-F2A6-4642-9115-6AA83C1DE647 (resized).jpeg

And if you guys are lazy like me, you can use some cutters to cut the washer. Then loosen both the screws, lift up on the plate, and slide the washer under the top screw, then tighten the screws.

D1294BDA-92CB-479C-8077-34987DC66085 (resized).jpeg

Like I said, I haven’t got to test this much but a few games and won’t be able to test more til tonight, but so far it seems to help. Feel free to give it a shot. Takes 10 minutes to do. Otherwise, wait for my follow up report at the end of the weekend

#3067 56 days ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Snikt adjustment:
Alright guys here we go. Piggy backing off what mahoyvan did to his Snikt, I didn’t want to screw a new hole. So to compensate with my pitch and difficulty to make a successful Snikt, here’s what I did, real simple:
Added a washer to the top screw under the plate.
[quoted image]
And if you guys are lazy like me, you can use some cutters to cut the washer. Then loosen both the screws, lift up on the plate, and slide the washer under the top screw, then tighten the screws.
[quoted image]
Like I said, I haven’t got to test this much but a few games and won’t be able to test more til tonight, but so far it seems to help. Feel free to give it a shot. Takes 10 minutes to do. Otherwise, wait for my follow up report at the end of the weekend

Yea, I’m gonna go ahead and say this adjustment helps! Much less air balls from the Snikt shot, and much more reliable.

0C54D968-197D-4C0F-9224-FE9FF95A527A (resized).jpeg

#3070 56 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

So the effect is that it lowers the edge of the target closest to the player when the playfield is down?

I think it raised it a millimeter of a hair On the far side of the target so in essence bringing it slightly closer to the player. Before i was getting air balls off the Snikt. Now, if i hit it right it completes the shot. I still get an air ball from time to time, but not as often. It looks more like flipnaught Snikt now.

Ive only got about a dozen plays like this so time will tell if the target moves/adjusts itself, but so far so good. In my first 2 weeks owning the pin, i had little to no issues with the Snikt (or so i thought). It seemed to get harder and harder as time went by. The washer adjustment certainly helps and makes it feel like how when i first got the game.

#3071 56 days ago

Here’s a couple shots of my Snikt shot now (didn’t take a before shot unfortunately). It only moved ever so slightly though.

0099DE94-C501-444C-BAB6-D8F7CB374DF2 (resized).jpeg1C9E9F19-1872-4C68-A976-99DAD21873EA (resized).jpegA96C3BE0-0576-4CDD-9CEE-265F28A95BE8 (resized).jpegD0F1B487-0643-4FCB-A734-31711287FB47 (resized).jpeg
#3075 56 days ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Very interesting seeing the angle of your compared to mine and Mannymasy's. Assuming Mannymasy's is the intended angle of the snikt shot, and ours is adjusted(whether it be with a washer or on its own like in my case) this may be what's needed to make the shot easier. I can't say 100% that the angle of mine has helped, but I feel like it has.
This raises an interesting thought to me though. With the snikt shot being so valuable, it is intended to be hard. Does adjusting a shot like this to be easier ruin the spirit of the shot? Or am I overthinking that? I guess in the end it's no different than changing any other setting. Not trying to start anything, just wondering what others thought.
Speaking of settings, what is the difference with some of the other pre-installed settings such as the Directors cut? I tried some of them out but didn't really notice a difference and returned back default settings.

Like i said earlier; The adjustment made the shot feel like it did in the first 2 weeks of owning the machine when i was able to get my Snikt up to 4x and 5x - however, the last couple weeks, i would be lucky to get one Snikt in a game. I don’t think the shot was intended to air ball off the ramp which is what mine started doing. That’s when i felt a washer would help raise the target and prevent airballs. Also, when i watched streams of Zach & Keith + Deadflip + dontpanicflip that i saw how smooth their games were on the Snikt shot. And trust me, its no gimme now - it just doesn’t go flying off the ramp and bouncing around on plastics anymore. I even had a couple trapped balls between wolverines legs haha; it feels like it did when i first got the game.

In my 4 bil game though; i dont recall ever going above 3x until i got 100 weapons + completed lil Deadpool bounce mode then started the final 2 Mr Sinister modes and got 2 Snikt shots for 5x.

#3082 56 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

That's the part I don't get. Adding a washer under the PF will LOWER the target, since it goes between the bracket and the playfield, pulling it down on the top side, not raising it up.

heh good point. Maybe lowering it in the back (just one screw) is the minor adjustment it needed?

Well i just played a few more games and had a hard time making the shot. One thing i noticed, a couple weeks ago i increased the slingshot power. When i put the washer in i put the slingshot power back to default. This morning, i increased slingshot power again and was having a hard time on the Snikt. So, i wonder if there’s some intermittent bug or power issue with the slingshot power affecting the flipper power too? And i wonder why they decided not to put flipper power settings in the adjustment menu?

In either case; I’m gonna move on for now and enjoy. Though, i may start looking at tweaking the katana ramp soon. That shot is very much like the Snikt where its hit and miss. From loop returns, it seems i can hit it very well. From trapped position, it has a hard time taking even on smooth hits. Has anyone actually tried the pliers method and opening the ball guide with positive results?

#3090 55 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

so I'm thinking of joining the club soon. Pro much worse then premium? for me, it's all about that left orbit smooth transistion on the premium which I love but damn, is that enough to justify 2k+? hmmmm
Also - the shot directly to the right of the left ramp.....it looks like I can hit it and it should horeshoe around to the left but I've never had it loop around. Is that shot makeable?

that’s the colossus shot. It’s freakin bad ass!

#3093 55 days ago

Regarding Snikt. I think it’s jjst psychological; I played a bunch of games and couldn’t get it over 2x. Then finally came through with a 3x twice in one game. Id be curious to hear others though that do the washer and see if they notice an improvement.

#3095 55 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

so is it just the machine I played or can you really make that shot go through?

One thing about DP. Because the shots are unique, they don’t always take. It does play a bit klunky. As for that shot, yes; it can and does go through and when it does it feels dam good. If you’re looking for a Steve Ritchie flow festival, you’re not going to get it in this machine. But these shots feel better than no other pin when you get it going.

#3099 55 days ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

1.01 or greater code really helps. T-Rex with PF multiplier is key.

I have yet to score well in T-Rex. Granted I think the best multiplier I’ve had with it is 2x. Collosus + Domino + wolverine + Juggernaut + Lil DP mb will cash in a ton of points.

#3103 55 days ago
Quoted from ItsBwalt:

I did it. Ordered a premium from my boy Zach at flipnout. First nib game ever.
So any must have mods? I see you all replace your pinballs immediately, any recommendations on which ones to get? Anything else I should adjust or need to do straight out of the box?
F I'm excited lol.

Nice! Congrats.

shaker for sure. Upgrade your speakers somehow if possible, sound package is worthy of it. Either external sub or full speaker upgrade (i.e. flipper fidelity).

This game is certainly starting to pick up momentum. I hope I’m not in la la land with how good i think it is lol.

#3127 55 days ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

They turn every game into a xmas tree.

That’s not a good thing.

Quoted from GravitaR:

All the bulb reflections they create are mind blowing.

That sounds amazing.

Quoted from GravitaR:

They turn every game into a xmas tree. All the bulb reflections they create are mind blowing.

So which is it?

#3134 54 days ago

Snikt adjustment update Log:

Trying to understand more about the shot and design, i dug into Snikt a bit more. Have a look at the picture below:

E267CA31-8D18-4757-89EC-5831619C742B (resized).jpeg

You can see the target has a 90deg angle cut into it. When you hit the shot, this angle compacts with the metal rail perfectly aligned for support and gives a Snikt successful shot. Your accuracy and power must be pristine.

I believe the washer i added put the Snikt target a hair off alignment which compensated for my high pitch (7.2 deg) allowing more clean friction between the 90deg angle of the target and the metal rail - but this morning it started failing again on me so that may not be the fix i needed, and i wanted to try some more experimentation. I then added a 2nd washer, this made the thick part of the Snikt target hit the metal rail every time - there was less give and room for the target to breathe; my Snikt success rate shot up greatly. However, it didn’t feel quite right; like when hitting the target it took away that satisfying feel with how little give it had so for now, I’m not ok with this adjustment. However, if you’re having a real hard time try it - 2 washers under the Snikt screw; refer to my original post for which one: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/62#post-5012388

That said; i removed both washers and sure enough i was back to square one. But then, i had a thought - i loosened the screw that i was putting washers under by approx a full turn. The target still felt secure (with the other screw in place), but loosening the screw moved the target ever so slightly. It gave the shot it’s feeling back, is still tough as nails, but not impossible.

So there’s a couple techniques you guys can try as i ponder other ideas.

1. Add 2 washers for great success rate with a drawback of losing the feeling of the shot.

2. Or try just loosening that screw a bit to align the target better with the metal rail.

In short, the less wiggle room the target has between it and the metal rail, the easier the shot will be. Searching for the happy medium is the hard part.

Good luck, Snikt for life!

#3139 54 days ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

LOL, knew I should have included an emoji. Mindblowing as to how anyone can like them.

GOTCHA! And that’s kind of what i thought. It was early and I hadn’t played any pinball when i first read your post lol

#3148 54 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

This would be a very easy choice in my mind if the premium didn't have that left orbit loop but damn I was just playing the premium and it's fantastic. That shot.... Is it worth it? Sounds crazy but I think it might be bc the game flows so well with it. Damn it Stern

Try not to think of it as DP PREM vs DP PRO. But more like DP PREM vs a JJP game or any stern LE. There, saved you $2500.

#3150 54 days ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I like a certain amount of flow. I loved the rules to My GOT premium. But there wasn’t one good feeling shot on that pin! The right ramp to the upper playfield rejected a lot. And if you made it you got stuck in the upper playfield or at least slowed down. The left ramp got locked or at least slowed down by the sword. The right loop sometimes got diverted to upper playfield. But I would have kept that pin if I just could have got some flow from the left orbit. But no matter what I did I couldn’t get that left orbit to flow.
There are some great shots on Deadpool pro, katana, snkt, and colossal. And those shots alone are plenty if that’s what’s in your budget. I went with the pro. I have a small line up. And unique pins earn a spot. Right now DeadPool Pro is earning it’s spot. The premium with the left orbit to right flipper would probably be a long term keeper. As it is I’m thinking about trading for a SW premium.

Well, I might get blasted for this; but keep in mind its just my opinion:

You’re really playing Opposite Day in the pinball world if you want flow and good shots.

GOT: Pro all day every day .
DP: Premium for the full experience
SW: This is subjective, but pro is a great bang for the buck with better flow. Premium if your into even more cheap drains; shooting the hyper loop is great when destroying the Death Star - but that’s about it.

If i were you, i’d Probably trade DP Pro for SW Pro (and get a few hundred bucks your way). Then use that extra cash, sell TWD prem, and buy DP Prem. And again, ill get blasted - but TWD PRO is more fun than it’s premium Flow wise and shot wise - IMO.

#3155 54 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Is this really a controversial opinion? I thought it was fact. I thought TWD Premium was the way to go. Then I played it.

Majority of the people will swear by the premium for TWD; i owned one for 6 mos. Then, i played a pro - wow! What a difference.

#3185 50 days ago

Shaker and upgraded speakers for sure. Anything else is just icing on the cake. I plan to get mirror blades to enhance the awesome light show. And I continue to procrastinate on ordering vireland pinmonk lens trees for the multipliers and for my IMDN too lol.

#3204 49 days ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I'm in the club. I'm proud to say this is my one and only mod[quoted image]

Lol sweet! Welcome to the club.

#3239 46 days ago
Quoted from modfather:

Are you tired of that Silly little kids toy in the middle of your playfield, then this is the mod for you. Made of hard durable plastic, this is a direct replacement of the little Deadpool in the middle. Hand painted with red , black and grey high lights, this mod is the new center piece to this awesome game. Approximately 4 inches wide and 5 inches tall, it has a hollow interior allowing the deadpool character to glow with the flasher underneath. It looks stunning in the game compared to that weird springy toy from the factory. Easy install, two screws to take little man off, and one screw to put on this cool new mod. Visit www.modfatherpinball.com[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry. But that just does not fit into the game well. It’s like the oversized wolverine figure in X-men.

#3298 43 days ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Baby delivered Monday
Deadpool delivered Friday
Decent week[quoted image]

And you look TAF.....Tired As Fuck! Lol. I have little kids too. Congrats on both!

#3334 39 days ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I think the left ramp, to center spinner, to Katana ramp is one of the best combos in pinball. Anyone agree?

Agreed! But How about left ramp > right loop > Katana for the chimichanga ninjapocalypse lock combo

#3377 35 days ago

Looks bitchin when playing in a dark room at night. The ceiling has disco lights going round and round; reminds me of the TAF’s topper and its effect. And The playfield lights up nicely with it too; all around just a fun mode.

#3446 30 days ago

Shakers seem to be hit or miss these days - but I think it’s on the programming? I love it in DP - I think I did put it on moderate in settings. On SW, the shaker was way too violent so I put it in IMDN and it’s great.

#3448 30 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Boom[quoted image][quoted image]

Beer
Deadpool
Friday

You win sir! Congrats

#3461 28 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Oh. I was thinking maybe the prior owner had put it on easy level or something since rule card says hit pool targets to light lock.

It was like that in the original code. Now you only have to hit POOL to light locks on any multiballs after the first one. Drop targets also are used as mentioned above to light regeneration as well as your mystery.

#3496 25 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I changed my lock settings to difficult so I have to drop the pool targets to light each lock. I really like it this way.

Another change that I like to make the game slightly harder is turning weapon stacking off for lil Deadpool multiball and ninja multiball. While I’d rather see an individual setting for # of weapons to qualify mech suit mb, this certainly helps make the mode more lucrative.

Also, set your max extra balls to 1. I think you can increase difficulty to earn the extra ball via weapons too?

#3516 24 days ago
Quoted from miga:

But where do you adjust the flipper power???
Can’t find it? Looked „everywhere“
?

I found it strange; but they didn’t have flipper power adjustments in this game. Not sure if there’s a reason for that. My other spike2 games have it.

#3531 22 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How frequently are you guys reaching Mech Suit MB? I feel like I'm seeing it to frequently? Anyone adjust the settings to make it more difficult?

I posted it the other day. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/70#post-5064130

Basically turn weapon stacking off for lil DP mb and ninja mb. You can turn it off for disco mb and Sauron too but I leave those on.

#3534 22 days ago

Am I invisible? Hmmm maybe I should start a thread

#3540 22 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Think I need to make that first extra ball harder to get too.

Man, if only someone would recommend turning weapon stacks off; could solve many of your last few issues.

#3561 20 days ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Congrats on your Deadpools guys.....
How smooth a shooter is it once setup?
I’m going insane trying to make my mind up....
Got room for one more Pin - getting to the coin flipping stage between a NIB DP Premium or a used HUO Metallica

Metallica is no doubt the smoother shooter, but DP has more satisfying and interesting shots. Metallica is a pretty boring layout to be honest, but it does flow nice. DP layout is much more random in the flow dept - at times it’s shooting like butter, then you can get into a stump where shots start getting redirected. Depends how well you have it setup; I have mine setup very nice but that doesn’t mean the katana ramp or cyclops turn around take every time - this randomness does make the game harder, but depending on your OCD, it can be frustrating. It’s classic Gomez Klunk-Flow; very much like LOTR.

As for ruleset. Metallica has much much more built in with more polish. It’s hard to compete against Lyman sheats in this dept. that said; DP is no slouch, but it does have a few things that need polishing, the biggest being that mini modes take priority over lit wizard modes (i.e. Beserker rage for 40 secs trumps the ability to fight megakrakalodonus Rex... or any of the other wizard modes). Not smart coding tbh and could be fixed easily by either suspending the mini mode once the wizard mode starts and continue it when the wizard mode ends, or just stack it in the background.

#3567 19 days ago
Quoted from gliebig:

IMDN is ok. I like the layout but imo, it shoots like shit. Ramps are hard to dial in as are the mini upper flipper shots. Still a fun game, but for me, MET is a good bit ahead of the other two in layout and code.

You need to play a better setup IMDN. Mine shoots like gold. I can actually play Icarus with ramp combos. And I can build my loop jackpots to over 10 mil with the upper left mini flipper - though it’s still tough to do and rare. Add in the upper right flipper loop shots with the upper left flipper staged up or risk the shot and keep it down. Shoots like a dream IMO.

What I like about DP is the end game content is closer to the start button than IMDN or MET. And there’s quite a bit of diversity and breadth as you progress to it (the battles can be played differently each time you play, or you can play them vanilla and boring like). So I can see the entire game on DP in less than 25 mins; where as IMDN (besides run to the hills) is < 30 mins and Metallica is <35 mins (on old code), probably <30 mins now (minus end of the line).

#3575 19 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

When you say battles in DP can be played differently vs the boring way can you elaborate more? As a fairly new owner I want to ensure im aware of both ways! Haha
Btw thanks for the maiden and met input. To me I owned both for a little while and felt like the ramp placements made them feel a little too similar but I can see how some can own both and not mind

The team ups and the BOOM are what mixes up the battles. If you don’t use either of those, then it’s just shoot the same blinky light. Otherwise, you can use the team ups and booms and work on different combos to defeat your opponent faster and to get a higher final shot value. Risk/Reward. I had one the other night against Mystique that something like this: Dazzler Team up > Left Ramp > center shot > BOOM > left ramp > Katana Ramp > Dazzler Team up > Boom just as i hit the shot into the scoop for a final blow.

And your score reflects how well you do something like that in a battle. If you just hit the normal shots with no team up you’ll get roughly 5-20 mil final blow. But it’s Pretty dam awesome when you get a 100 mil non multiplied final blow shot; think my best is just over 300 mil (multiplied).

#3586 18 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

What's your best disco loops? I got 100 million the other day and was pretty proud of myself.

Nice!! I honestly haven’t looked at many of my totals for the mini modes. High score table is definitely needed to keep track of some of the little goodies like that.

#3617 17 days ago

Code desperately needs 2 changes:

1. Fix the road block that doesn’t allow Starting a wizard mode when it’s qualified while One of the mini modes are running.

2. Add high score tables.

#3622 17 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Li'l Deadpool's target is massively used in the T-Rex quest to finish it. You have to hit it over and over.

It’s used a bunch in Megakrakoladonus Rex too. Coded nicely actually.

#3661 14 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

i did the tweezer trick and the ramp def feels better. thanks. Actually put up my best score right after I did it....695m (good for me)....

What’s the tweezer trick?

#3678 13 days ago
Quoted from Flipnaught:

Looks like I need to replace my hell house scoop. I noticed a lot of rejects lately and looking at it closer it is bent where it goes over the playfield and the vertical part on the right side is cracked and bent inwards.
It looks like all I will need is part # 515-9984-00 BRACKET-EJECT. Can someone please confirm this? Also, looking online a little, I am having trouble finding one. What's the best route for this? Keep looking? Contact Stern? Or the retailer I purchased it from? Would this be a warranty issue? I purchased my machine on April 12, just under 3 months ago. Thanks.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you’re the original owner, hit Chas up at stern. He’ll more than likely send you a new one at no charge.

Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Weird,when I got to it for the first time yesterday I had a ball left and when I drained and went to ball 3,it was just normal play
I hit the scoop then it just offered me option to fight battles again

Megakrakalodonus Rex is a one and done mode. However, there is a bug somewhere in the code that relights it on a ball drain. I tilted out once and it was relit so I thought that was the bug but haven’t been able to reproduce it.

#3679 13 days ago

All in all I think the wizard modes are very cleverly written. Simple, yet effective.

#3705 9 days ago
Quoted from branlon8:

hey all, not a member yet, but I think soon - can somebody explain the team ups - seems like an interesting addition to the battle modes, but I'm not clear how they work - can you have a team up with several characters at once or only one at a time ? So each team up character has a shot which qualifies them (before the mode), but do you have to keep shooting the team up shot to keep it afloat (maintain their health?) during the battle mode ?

I’ll do my best to explain team ups:

+ you can qualify as many team up characters (Dazzler, Colossus, Wolverine, Domino) as you want prior to starting a battle.

+ any Team ups qualified will be shown with the blue insert lit solid and that characters health bar on the display will be full.

+ the team ups do two things; 1. They add an additional shot to your battle for additional damage and 2. They give you some kind of perk (i.e. Wolverine grants double damage for all lit battle shots making it easier to win a battle).

+ no need to continue to keep shooting the team up shot to keep it afloat.

+ once you start a battle, you will lose any team ups once the battle is complete or if you lose your ball.

+ lastly, it takes 2 shots to one character to qualify them as a team up. This gets progressively harder once you’ve used them in a team up in battle. For example, you can make 2 dazzler shots and 2 domino shots and have dazzler and domino in your first battle. Then, it’ll take 3 shots (I believe) to those characters if you want to qualify them for the next battle; since Collosus or wolverine haven’t been qualified yet, they’ll be 2 shots to qualify still even if it’s on your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc... battle until you use them, then they become harder to be qualified. This plays a lot of strategy into the game as you can try to beat battles early on without team ups at the beginning then use them later qualifying them easier for the 2nd stage battles vs Sauron.

#3712 8 days ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Anyone have a link for a stream of the most recent code?

Deadflip on a pro a few weeks back:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/444273861

#3723 3 days ago
Quoted from newovad:

I'm having some strange Ninja Multiball / Katana Ramp issues. Started a new game, hit the skill shot and locked a ball in the katana ramp. Except it released the ball and play continued. There were no other balls in the lock. Locked a second ball and that one stays. Both times the display shows Ball # locked. Hit the Snikt but the ball does not go up or near the ramp. Ninja multiball starts.
Other strange issue regarding the katana lock, different game. Locked my first ball and it stayed in the katana as it should. Upon draining, the game sits, initiates a ball search and kicks the ball out of the katana and continues play.
I've completed both the trough test and katana test in the diagnostics menu. I've gone into switch test and all the optos are aligned. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Opto switches are a pain in the butt. One day they work, the next they don’t. Try reseating the connections under the playfield that go to all those opto boards. It’s possible one loose connection could be causing the sporadic issues in vibrations. Also check the opto at the top of the katana ramp on the left.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Van Buren, AR
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside