New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,450 posts
  • 569 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 minute ago by nicknack66
  • Topic is favorited by 286 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,578 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

deadpool_snikt (resized).PNG
CE318E60-BE22-43E6-B360-A72FA0BB6883 (resized).jpeg
deadpool (resized).jpg
3D8D77A5-B64D-4F8D-A36D-7E7240C930E9 (resized).jpeg
dp14 (resized).jpg
dp13 (resized).jpg
dp4 (resized).jpg
dp14 (resized).jpg
7B50772A-0168-4A32-9633-8125826107D2 (resized).jpeg
IMG-0540 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
DP-pic (resized).jpg
DP-pic 4 (resized).jpg
DP-pic 3 (resized).jpg
DP-pic 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_9355 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #270 Troubleshooting the Katana ramp shot Posted by chuckcasey (2 years ago)

Post #385 Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (2 years ago)

Post #414 Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (2 years ago)

Post #544 Post Rubbers wearing Posted by HighProtein (2 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (2 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (2 years ago)

Post #725 External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (2 years ago)

Post #889 Deadpool "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (2 years ago)

Post #894 Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3897 1 year ago

Just ordered a Premium, due September in Australia. Can’t wait. Looking forward to joining the Chimichanga Club!

#3898 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

[quoted image][quoted image]

coindropper on fire. Nice work.

#3905 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Make sure you get the shaker. Enjoy! Is a great game!

Actually forgot about shaker. Calling amd tomorrow.

1 week later
#3991 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Made a few comic book style cards and 1 movie card for fun. Thought I'd post here if anyone wanted to use also.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice. Cant decide.

1 week later
#4049 1 year ago

Can’t wait to get my Premium. Should be here in a couple of weeks.

Is there a key post with all the tweaks you guys have had to make?

#4098 1 year ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Give me a ring when you get it mate and I can help. Great to see you in the club very soon.

Will do JP. Can’t wait.

#4101 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Had a sluggish left flipper. I was used to hitting the katana ramp pretty consistently and the last few game I’ve played it was near impossible to make it all the way up. Found the culprit. Broken off piece of the coil stop was magnetized to the plunger. Keep an eye on them. At least it’s an easy fix.[quoted image]

#4103 1 year ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

I’ll take a coil stop failure over play field issues any day.

Agreed, but this has been an issue in Stern games for a couple of years. Such a fundamental part that really affects gameplay Cheap to make, and cheap to make better. Why skimp on 5c? Maybe the feedback doesn't get back to Stern?

#4115 1 year ago

Art blades or mirror blades on DP Pre?

#4175 1 year ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Yes! Checked code loaded on Service Menu, and it is indeed Pro code! Crazy!!

Wow, lucky you stumbled on that. That’s the last place I would look.

#4221 1 year ago

Yee ha!!

373D317B-C13E-4907-8973-9460E165C450 (resized).jpeg
#4242 1 year ago

I read somewhere about an upgraded katana handle to replace the cheap ass Stern one. That stock one is the flimsiest piece of plastic I’ve ever seen. On anything. Honestly, it felt like it was going to snap and the clear red bits are literally like cellophane.

Also, the 2 figures on the pf - anyone found a better way to mount them. Mine flop all over the place. Got to be a better way than zip ties.

2 weeks later
#4347 1 year ago

What’s “LilDP bounce”?

I agree the Snikt shot is more luck than skill - you aim for the general area and hope it bounces up, or it happens randomly during multiball. Such a powerful shot being so random - reminds me (unfortunately) of the Sim shot on DI.

#4353 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

It's WAY less random than the SIM shot. The tolerance is very tight for when to make the shot, but with practice you can do it more and more. The part that pisses me off most is having it go airborne instead and ending up on the plastic next to the ramp, then rolling off instead of going up the ramp. That happens too much and is super irritating.

Fair enough - will need to give it some practice. SIM shot on DI sucks - main reason I sold the game - but I guess if the theme is solid (like DP) you can overlook some "faults".

#4380 1 year ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Do all of these have a bare wood bottom? Even though I wont see it, it still bugs the hell out of me.[quoted image]

Just be happy it’s plywood and not mdf.

#4382 1 year ago
Quoted from sohchx:

It bugs me because it looks like a random sheet of rough unsanded ply wood from the stack at home depot, unlike the nice smooth bottoms of all of my other Sterns. But I guess it's just another thing that they cheaped out on.

What? Real ply is a huge upgrade on your other Sterns which use cheap MDF. Ply would cost Stern significantly more and IMO the natural grain looks infinitely better.

3 weeks later
#4556 11 months ago
Quoted from Chisox:

It’s funny, I’ve never seen a pic of DP wedged into someone’s lineup. It’s always on the end for some reason..any thoughts?[quoted image]

Because the cabinet art on all models is too good to hide.

#4566 11 months ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Yup that’s why I made that comment. I think it’s the best looking game ever.

Yeh, realized that’s what u were saying after I posted. My premium is Also on the end of my run. Looks fantastic.

#4655 11 months ago

DP Premium for sure.....drop down right ramp is very cool (can’t imagine the ball feeding into the shooter lane on a pro, or does it always drop into the pops). And drop targets for days. 11 drops alone is reason to go Premium.

(Having said that, I have to admit having so many drops does add a level of unpredictability to the ball movement which some people might not like).

1 month later
#4926 10 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

1.03, but 1.02 is all you can download at the moment.

Much difference?

#4939 10 months ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Funny thing is, you can’t even test switches with the coin door open. Since the entire nodeboard shuts down. You have to pull the interlock again to restore power and then it will slam your finger again when testing the shooterlane switch.

Serious? That’s ridiculous. I swear, it’s one step forward and 2 steps back with Stern.

1 week later
#5035 10 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

Loaded question Alert!!!
Is there enough variety with the modes in this game? I am a little scared of it getting too repetitive... But it does seem to have good variety. Honest opinions please I had an Aerosmith most recently and it just didn’t have the staying power. I’d like to keep my next pin at least a year. Thanks in advance

I know I’m in the minority in this thread, but I found it a bit boring and repetitive. Sold my Premium after 3 months - just couldn’t get into it. But I got it as a trade which helped me out of a game I had trouble selling, so it wasn’t really a game I deliberately went out and bought.

A lot of subtlety in the game. It’s not linear. A lot of scoring options. But did get sick of battling the same 3 villains every game.

#5037 10 months ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Battling is not the only strategy...

Just one of my criticisms that addressed the original question. But, yes, as I said there are a lot of scoring options.

3 weeks later
#5328 9 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So I have had my deadpool premium a year now and am just starting to think about trading it for something else. Its a premium in amazing shape as Im the only owner. Shaker and shooter rod installed.
I was thinking of going after a JP Premium. Would that be an even trade, or would I need to throw some money in?

I’d say on paper it’s an even trade (except yours is a bit older). But because JP2 is relatively new you might need to give someone an incentive to move it. Obviously the longer you wait the more chance you have of an even trade. Took you 12 months to tire of DP - 12 months someone will tire of their JP2.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooked71.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside