New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7,409 posts
  • 567 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Eskaybee
  • Topic is favorited by 283 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,577 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CE318E60-BE22-43E6-B360-A72FA0BB6883 (resized).jpeg
deadpool (resized).jpg
3D8D77A5-B64D-4F8D-A36D-7E7240C930E9 (resized).jpeg
dp14 (resized).jpg
dp13 (resized).jpg
dp4 (resized).jpg
dp14 (resized).jpg
7B50772A-0168-4A32-9633-8125826107D2 (resized).jpeg
IMG-0540 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
DP-pic (resized).jpg
DP-pic 4 (resized).jpg
DP-pic 3 (resized).jpg
DP-pic 2 (resized).jpg
IMG_9355 (resized).JPG
DP 399 Million Bonus 2020-10-18 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

36 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #270 Troubleshooting the Katana ramp shot Posted by chuckcasey (2 years ago)

Post #385 Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (2 years ago)

Post #414 Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (2 years ago)

Post #544 Post Rubbers wearing Posted by HighProtein (2 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (2 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (2 years ago)

Post #725 External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (2 years ago)

Post #889 Deadpool "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (2 years ago)

Post #894 Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chisox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2444 1 year ago

Joined the club yesterday. I can’t believe how fun this game has become. I liked it when I played it at Expo but good lord is this game great!

010A3E0E-35F2-470A-849D-D55896756F75 (resized).jpeg
#2457 1 year ago

Does Stern build their LEs to be more solid than their pros and premiums? This is my first LE and this thing feels like it’s made by JJP. I have a GOT and MET which I’m afraid to give a good nudge and have owned other Stern pros and premiums but this one feels different. Just upgraded the code and added a sub by the way and holy shitballs!

#2459 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

They've reinforced all their cabs since they started splitting once they cheaped out on the cabinet wood. But you're probably just feeling the weight difference between a fuller LE and a relatively mech-light Pro.

Interesting thanks. I love the games Stern has been pumping out but some of their cost cutting measures are pretty ridiculous, as has been debated ad nauseum in other threads so I’ll just say the mutiball with the robot “jackpot” callout is already one of my all time favorites.

1 week later
#2586 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

I spent several hours at SKB's playing his Deadpool Premium.
Initial impression: this is the best first impression that I have had playing a pin in a (very) long time.
This pin really hits all the right buttons for me. Starting with the layout and shots: unique, fun, satisfying and some are quite challenging. Katana and Snikt are just plain cool.
It's obviously completely subjective, but I really like the callouts in the game, and the humor is great. Sound effects are also really good, as is the music. Love the Jackpot call outs during mechsuit MB.
And the code! Really, really good. Tanio did a great job of making the rules very intuitive, but still give it both depth and breadth. A beginner can grasp the basics quickly, but there is plenty more to learn as you keep playing.
I haven't played a pin with this many satisfying shots in a long time. When SKB and I were playing there were several occasions where we were yelling when a big Katana or Snikt shot was hit at the perfect moment. Hitting the Katana lock on the fly from the plunger is super cool. I did it 3 times in a row a couple different times.
Didn't even mention the artwork yet. Zombie Yeti did another great job!
Also, I love the lighting. The red on the inserts is a red that I have not seen before. Very deep with a real glow to it for lack of a better description. My only complaint is the center of the PF is dark. Could probably use a spotlight or two.
Very, very impressed with this pin. I guess my only concern would be the longer ball times, which is pretty typical of most Gomez designs.
For people who bash Stern for releasing the same layout over and over again, please take a look at Deadpool.. (IMDN is a unique layout too, but I prefer the way Deadpool plays/shoots as it is more satisfying).
Hope to join this club soon!

Agreed on all counts. I ordered some spotlights that arrived today that will show off that beautiful playfield. But besides that...god dang what a fantastic pin that will be outed as one of Stern’s best ever.

#2627 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If eskaybee gets into a game, look out. Monster scores are coming.

No kidding. His GOT scores are legendary.

#2648 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

Agreed.
You and I had become strong supporters of buying pros in the last few years. But on this one, I just can't give up *any* of the super satisfying shots that the Premium/LE has. If it was just the Disco ball, I could easily give that up to go with the pro.
Some of the shots that are satisfying but can also be klunky on DP remind me of similar shots on LOTR like the Ring shot, with similar adrenaline/frustration of hitting it to Destroy the Ring. I tend to love most Gomez designs, despite not flowing as smoothly as Ritchie games (my SW shoots as smooth as butter).
Once I made the decision that the Premium was worth the price over the pro, it was even easier for me to justify the price of the LE over the Premium for all the extras (a sweet powder coat on the armor, anti-glare glass, upgraded speakers, mirrored backglass, shaker motor, etc.).
DP LE incoming.

Great choice! I got my LE in a trade and it’s absolutely a thing pf beauty. The sparkled powder coating on the armour to match the disco ball (I assume) is so bad ass. I haven’t done an A/B with a pro or premium on the sound but it’s easily the best sound on any game i’ve had.

#2691 1 year ago
Quoted from GymRatt:

Deadpool LE Owners. Whats your machine number? I own 006 of 500 purchased NIB December 23rd 2018. Wondering if anyone has seen machine 500 of 500 yet? Seen 136 of 500 at 1up barcade here in Denver. A friend of mine in Boulder Colorado plays one at Gunbarrel Brewing that is 045 of 500. Who knows, maybe #500 is still in a box somewhere.
[quoted image]

image (resized).jpg Oooh I’m fancy.

1 week later
#2920 1 year ago
Quoted from Ravvis:

I have found that this game is very particular when it comes to leveling. What is everyone's pitch? I am still messing around with mine. On my pro.

7.0 here as well.

#2956 1 year ago

Can we pause a minute and talk about the art on this game? Good Lord did ZY knock it out of the park on this one! Even my non pinhead wife said “wow, that thing is so cool looking” when I wheeled her in.

2 weeks later
#3188 1 year ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Just installed a PinballLife shaker on my Pro. Nice!
Also installed spotlights at the top of the slings on 1" hex spacers to make things... less dark. Really helps.
[quoted image]

I added double spotlights on both my slings and it helps tremendously. Why keep some of the best pinball art ever in the dark?

#3206 1 year ago

The new code on the T-Rex quest just launches this game into the hall of fame. A risk/reward mode with a beating heart to ramp up the the anxiety of making your shots? Yes please.

#3299 1 year ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

Baby delivered Monday
Deadpool delivered Friday
Decent week[quoted image]

Haha this is great. The Misfits t-shirt just puts it over the top. LE is where it’s at too, good choice and congrats on both.

1 week later
#3372 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Slightly, but the main difference is the disco multiball light show that's absent on the Pro that can't be duplicated with existing mods. The mods that are out are a poor approximation of the Prem/LE function, but I don't think they can be improved because they're just triggering off one point to turn the ball on. Disco Loops and Disco Multiball is one of the best things about the Prem/LE. Wacky and fun.

Agreed. Somtimes I plunge and my only goal is to hear those funky beats.

#3424 1 year ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Played a DP Pro extensively today on location got up to 165 million. Fun machine, shot-wise. 4 ball multiball is cool. I was able to get a ball up the katama ramp without the separate guide behind lil Deadpool. The shot was straight up from the flipper and hit a standup target and ricocheted up the ramp. Is this common?

That’s the Snikt target shot that activates the playfield multipliers. One of my favorite shots in pinball.

#3485 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRyan:

Anyone have photo's of some Spot Lights? The middle of the playfield is surprisingly dark on my Premium. Also is there supposed to be a rubber on the out lanes, I noticed each post doesn't have any rubbers.

I added double spots on my slings and think they help tremendously. I also like that it makes the beautiful art in the middle of the playfield pop.

image (resized).jpg
1 week later
#3653 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

You are not actually hitting the shot the same way.
I have done many slow motion videos to get mine 100% dialed in and to my surprise, what I thought were 100% consistent shots on my end were not! Video does not lie...
80%+ is dialed in is good.

No kidding. There is no 100% in pinball, that’s not the game being clunky.

#3698 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Man this game is stupid good
I am no veteran of having pins at home
I’ve only owned 25 maybe games
This is by far the best purchase I’ve made

Just said the same thing after playing 4 or 5 games tonight. I’ve had this game for almost three months and I still smile the whole time I play. It’s not the honeymoon phase anymore where it’s all hyperbole, this game is amazing.

#3708 1 year ago
Quoted from Gov:

I feel like I have hit the jackpot with my last two NIB games (Iron Maiden Prem and Deadpool Prem). I usually get tired of games relatively quickly, but these two keep bringing me back for more.

You certainly have, Maiden is awesome.

1 month later
#3915 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

tanx guys...
in fact, i have a proposal from a new pinball friend, a limited swap (1, 2 or 3 monthes, we dont know), my DI LE vs his DP LE
as it, the idea seems very nice, but to be honest i never did a swap like that, i'm a bit afraid if a prob occurs (to his pin, to my pin) and how we'll deal with it, even if we are "gentlemen" lol

I own both and my poor DI just sits next to DP LE and collects dust. Do the swap.

1 week later
#3995 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

What are you toughest shots? Top 3?
1. Dazzler shot
2. Snikt shot
3. Katana on the right orbit
I can’t make the Dazzler shot what am I doing wrong?!

Well usually it’s the red money shot during Megaladon quest. BRICK. Snikt is a bitch when you’re shooting for it. I also have issue hitting the right orbit some games, like serious issues.

4 weeks later
#4232 1 year ago
Quoted from BobC:

Do any of the LE's show any signs of the playfield issues being reported on various JJP and Stern titles?
Thanks!
BobC

Not here.

1 month later
#4535 11 months ago

It’s funny, I’ve never seen a pic of DP wedged into someone’s lineup. It’s always on the end for some reason..any thoughts?

image (resized).jpg
#4564 11 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Because the cabinet art on all models is too good to hide.

Yup that’s why I made that comment. I think it’s the best looking game ever.

#4611 11 months ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Okay, so is there any "Cleveland" mod for this pin that uses Ryan Reynolds voice from the movies or no? We just got a premium today, so far really liking it, but no clue what we are doing yet. lol

Cleland posted something a few months ago that if he was given a DP on loan for a while and he was going to look into possibly doing new audio for it but I never heard anything else. Not sure if it was in this thread or not.

#4612 11 months ago
Quoted from cleland:

Just to chime in on this, I have given some thought to doing a little upgrade for sound on Dead Pool. I posted in the request for rated R thread, that if I was fortunate enough to find someone locally to let me borrow their game for month or so, I'd give it a shot.
It's so much work to try and nail everything without testing. Especially, based on my limited time with a local game on location (which I can barely hear).
I do think Mini Deadpool represents some challenges, but other things could be implemented, and possibly some music staples from the movies would work I think. Not a big fan of the generic rock and techno music used.

Here it is

3 weeks later
#4806 10 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

And switch test doesn't show a flipper sticking or the center button sticking when you press them a few times slowly?

That would be my first guess that the center button on the lockdown bar is being triggered.

3 weeks later
#5052 9 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

There's some crackers in there. i get the tilt warnings pretty regular because of the way i play it.

I agree, the tilt warnings are the funniest of all the callouts. I also like to nudge quite a bit.

1 month later
#5532 8 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Man JP2 keeps getting all kinds of updates and a huge high score table with all kids of champions including every conceivable mode and even Skill Shot... and us DP owners can't get high score tables for any thing other than the top 5 high scores...
Shouldn't be that difficult for Stern to throw us a bone and expand the high score tables to include all battles, quests, multiballs, Snikt's, etc...
Sometimes I'm not having the best game and would still like the opportunity if I do well in a single battle, etc. to have a chance to get on the board. It would add more overall excitement.
Add that, fix a couple bugs and Deadpool would be perfect!!!

Yeah I’m getting a bit concerned with the radio silence with this game. Is this the finished game? I mean I love the damn thing but give me some closure so I can stop the waiting.

#5534 8 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

At least one more update is coming. If nothing else, they have to fix the weird "1" kerning and a LOT of weird niggly bugs. I think Tanio's on the case and will give us a nice assortment of suitably interesting and Deadpool-wacky high score boards.
I personally hope there's one for largest bonus lost due to TILT.

Me too, that would be very Deadpool-esque.

1 week later
#5602 8 months ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Joined the club tonight with a HUO Pro![quoted image]

You should celebrate with some delicious whiskey....just a suggestion.

#5618 7 months ago
Quoted from maroot:

Have owners of Deadpool found it easier to hit the SNIKT shot with a lesser pitch? I read on Reddit’s pinball forum that some locations set the pitch high to make it a tougher shot. I’m set at 6.8 and I am really having a hard time with it. I might hit it once in about 5 games.
Thanks!

I agree with maffewl, mine is set at 7.1 and the Snikt gets hit about twice per game. It’s supposed to be tough because it’s such a powerful shot. Hit it a couple times before/during mech suit multiball and watch the scores fly.

4 weeks later
#5805 6 months ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Yep, pretty simple. First you replace the upper GI bulb under the slingshot with one that includes a power lead for the spotlight(s). Then you replace the upper lock nut with a standoff, mount the spotlight, connect up the power and route/ziptie the wire. If you're using all 4 there are extra standoffs to double up the height and splitter cables to power everything, but I think it looks great with a single pair of spotlights.[quoted image][quoted image]

I did the full 4 on mine and while it looks a little fugly, the artwork that is illuminated certainly does not. Highly recommend putting these up to brighten the middle of the playfield.

4 weeks later
#6128 5 months ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

Does anyone have an extra fully-working 520-8046-00b board they would sell? Half my lights are either out or stuck on and I swapped out my node 9 board and think that's the issue. Thanks

Did you try asking Stern? They’ve sent me stuff in the past even though I wasn’t the original owner. P.S. are you still routing pins in Naples? We met at Nice Guys a couple years ago.

3 weeks later
#6275 5 months ago
Quoted from jorant:

Dude, game is awesome now.
For Deadpool owners that also own (or have owned) MET, which one would you pick and why?

Deadpool is the clear winner for me. And I actually still have your old MET pro. DP is just way more fun for me.

4 weeks later
#6490 4 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Finally placed an order for a dp premium .
Looking for the stern dp shooter rod, and a set of graphic side blades (which ones are best?)
Please pm me if you have either to sell.
Thanks guys!

I like the Stern blades the best.

#6493 4 months ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I would love to see some vanity scores recorded in this game. I had a 260 million point bonus in a game the other night that I feel I deserved recognition for.

Wow. I hope you let the whole bonus count out at the end of your ball, that had be multiple beers long.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Massapequa, NY
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chisox.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside