(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,266 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Nicholastree
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider birdforce1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1558 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Yes or No to shaker motor on a Pro?

Yes

1 month later
#1799 5 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I found it right before you posted. But i really appreciate the help! Hopefully this helps just a bit.

I'm doing this as soon as I get home today. Once those slingshots get going I just hold my breath and pray it doesn't rocket down the outlane!

2 weeks later
#1881 5 years ago

I don't have a disco ball since I only have the Pro, but I loved the GI turned off because it still looked like a disco light show going off.

1 week later
#2047 5 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I put protector because it is true that wood is very bad ...

It's really not the wood. It's the clearcoat that gets dinged. But what he posted about the pinstadiums is definately true. Take away the shadows and give it even lighting, you really don't even see the dimples.

5 months later
#3980 4 years ago
Quoted from headwedge63:

"Flippers causing playfield lighting to go crazy" Hey, gang, scratching my head here. I've had this NIB Premium for a couple months now, no problems, and has the latest code. Yesterday for the first time there was a freeze/reboot during play. Seemed ok, but a few games later the playfield lights, especially the inserts, started behaving bizarrely. When I hit the flippers, especially the right flipper, different inserts start to light up, see the two images, this is before the ball was even launched after game start. I tried reseating the MPU connections, and Node 1 on the cabinet to no avail. Anybody have any advice? Thanks in advance![quoted image][quoted image]

I had this exact problem on my pro. I turned off the pin, reseated all of the connections on node boards 8b 8c and 9 and it fixed the problem.
My 2-5 X inserts and inlanes were going absolutely haywire.

#3990 4 years ago
Quoted from waaylander:

I had this problem and traced it down to a loose Node 8, CN3 plug. The problem for me was that after reseating it, the flashing lights would come back (With right flipper) after a few games (Probably due to the shaker on my LE).
Finally got out the bluetack and wrapped the offending connector with it to keep the connection solid to the board!
Have not have any problems since this hacky fix

Good to know. It was about 2 months ago when it happened to mine and has been good since. I don't know what blue tack is but I'll keep that in mind if it happens again.

2 weeks later
#4130 4 years ago
Quoted from fissionch1ps:

Kraken, mastodon, Vampires, lich, the brood integration. Match the code to the art.

I like the 16 bit graphics, but I wouldn't complain if they upgraded it to match playfield art.

3 weeks later
#4303 4 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I just picked up a Deadpool Pro and have an issue where the droptarget "trip" isn't working for the center drops. It seems to work most often when all three are up, but if one or two are down, then it never works. The coil fires fine, but it just isn't moving the plate enough to force them to drop. I took a look under the playfield but I didn't see much to adjust. I tried removing the springs and also adding more resistance, but neither helped. Any suggestions?

Do you have the latest code installed?

2 months later
#4884 4 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I had the same issue, talked to my distributor, he had me unplug and plug in all the light harnesses on the node board, havent had the problem again

Same here!

3 months later
#5859 4 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

This goes for PRO also. Both my DP PRO and IMDN PRO does it from time to time as do many other Spike games.

I have an early run pro and have it connected to a polk sub. Haven't had any issues with sound at all yet.

1 week later
4 weeks later
#6200 3 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

Experienced my first real problem with my Premium. When you start a game, you can select which BAM! lane you are hoping for. When I change the lit lane with my left flipper, the lit lane moves towards the left. Works until I get to the ‘B’ lane, and it does not light...sometimes. It will sometimes have both the ‘B’ and ‘A’ lit at the same time. However, before I start a game, when it goes through it’s ‘attract’ mode, the lane lights work just fine. That alone tells me the ‘B’ lamp is okay, but there is something wrong when changing the lit lane with the flippers. Doesn’t sound like a loose wire to me either. I thought I’d ask the experts here before I raised up the playfield.
Thanks!

I had this exact problem on my pro. I turned off the pin, reseated all of the connections on node boards 8b 8c and 9 and it fixed the problem.

#6203 3 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

On mine, not only were the top lanes not working properly, all of the lighting effects were acting strangely. Are you sure inserts aren't also lit that shouldn't be or aren't lit that should be?
Mine is a Prem, but it was definitely a connection problem. After securing all connections, mine have worked loose more than once.

When it happened to mine, the multiplier lights were flickering as well. Reseating everything on those node boards took care of it for me.

2 months later
#6803 3 years ago

I've owned the Pro since Nov 2018 and have no regrets at all. It's probably not bolted to the floor, but I'll have a hard time selling it. I've played the premium and LE several times at different locations and yeah, they're a little little better...the diverter ramp, the pretty disco ball, etc..., but it wasn't and still isn't personally worth the extra $ to me.

But you can't go wrong with any version here. If you're fortunate enough to have the extra cash and don't have a wife asking WTF is wrong with you, pull the trigger for the extra bling.

The only people that will ever know there's even a different version of DP...or any of these newer pins, are pinheads. 99% of the people that have been to my house are like...holy shit, you have a pinball machines? Oh wow...Deadpool cool!!! lol

3 months later
#7714 3 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

The board next to the left flipper assembly is usually where you will find the problem.

Yeah I can't remember which node board, but whichever ones those lights run to, reseat connectors. I had the same issue and this fixed it. Haven't had a problem since and that was well over a year ago.

3 weeks later
#8060 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

TZ is still a great game, but I agree once you consistently hit LITZ once or twice per game, it loses some luster.
I love my Deadpool and luckily got to the end (1.03 code/4.95 Billion) before my Avengers Infinity Quest arrived. I still love DP and it's not going anywhere, but I'm solidly in the honeymoon phase with AIQ and it gets almost all of my play currently.
I still need to spend more time on the new DP code as it seems to have potential to have larger scores mostly because of additional extra ball opportunities with Ninjas and also multiple Mech Suit Multiballs. I love how they added all of the different high scores, though 'lil DP Frenzy high score doesn't seem to work.

I have 2 pins, DP and AIQ, both pros. I've had DP for 2 years now and AIQ for 2 months. While I love the challenge of AIQ, deep rule set, great number of shots etc, it still doesn't put a smile on my face like DP does. My plan was to sell DP around summer or 21 and get something else, but I'm not so sure it's going to be the one to go at this point.

3 weeks later
#8213 3 years ago

It takes a real precise shot but oh boy is it satisfying when you hit it clean. I don't have the anti sway on mine but I can't say I have noticed it move much at all and I've put over 1000 games on it since November and it had about 1200 games on it when I bought it. Perhaps just luck so far.
One thing that has helped me learn how to make that shot, and by no means am I anywhere near consistent, was from practicing to hit the Wolverine spinner on the fly. I find if I hit the left ramp and then shoot just a tad late for the center spinner that is the sweet spot and I can usually feel/know it is gonna be a clean snikt as soon as it comes off the flipper. In MB however I just try to fire up the middle whenever a ball is on the left flipper while ball save on and pray to the wolvie berserk gods.
As a good friend of mine likes to say, "If you're not flailin', you're not flippin'!" hah

This is me exactly. No anti-sway bar, I've put probably 1100 games on it and I have never really had a problem with the Snikt shot. Pretty much everything you described is the way I play lol. Super satisfying shot!

6 months later
#10157 2 years ago

Thinking about adding the DP prem Wolverine and Dazzler figures to my pro. Is there much modification needed attaching them to the pro?

2 months later
#10644 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

I was convinced that my first machine was going to be Stranger Things. I still love that machine and have played it often on location. Before I made a decision, I created a couple threads here on Pinside and included a poll about my first machine. Due to space and budget constraints, I knew that I could only have one, and I wanted to make the best choice.
The first few times I played Deadpool on location, I thought it was just ok. On my threads, many people urged me to give Deadpool another chance, so I did. After putting more time into the machine on location, I was hooked! The other factor was that my wife loves the character and that was the machine she encouraged me to consider. No regrets, as I am having a ton of fun with the machine. I'm not very good yet, but it is helping me develop my pinball skills. It's weird because the more I practice, the lower my scores! I'm learning ball control and even how to aim my shots, but my scores are going down. I'm even doing better learning the rules. Nudging is a skill that still eludes me, so plenty of outlane drains from the slings and SDTM drains as well!
I think the thing that sold me the most was that I felt like I was getting a complete game with Deadpool Pro, and I could only afford a pro. I also felt like the game was not too punishing, has a great theme, artwork, and code, and some fun shots. I always get a kick out of ripping that Dazzler spinner!

My first NIB pin was a Deadpool Pro purchased back in Nov 2018. I only have a 2 pin lineup and have rotated a few pins in and out of the house and DP still stands. Probably have about 1500 plays on it and I probably enjoy it now more than I did the first year. I'll add a mod every now and then to keep it fresh, but damn this pin looks and plays so good. At this point I feel like I'd be losing a friend if I sold it.

2 weeks later
#10791 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Wow, any tips on how to hit that beyond luck?

Here's the most satisfying shot in the game (red arrows, kinda hard to see. Right flipper off side of left ramp, off snikt)....and takes absolutely no luck at all! lol
dp snikt (resized).jpgdp snikt (resized).jpg

2 months later
#11485 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Now that GZ has been around for a while, anyone own both DP and GZ? I keep a 3 pin collection and one of which is DP. Does GZ go well or should I only consider one or the other?

I have a small 2 pin lineup of DP Pro and a SW Prem. My brother just got a Godzilla Prem, his only pin (so awesome I got him into pinball lol)
I would without a doubt put GZ in there as my 3rd pin and be a happy camper. I probably put 20 games on it and it might be the most fun pin I've ever played.

1 year later
#14547 1 year ago

I have about 1400 plays on my DP pro. My right flipper isn’t micro flipping consistently now. Is this possibly a coil going bad or else?

9 months later
#15369 5 months ago
Quoted from SiN13:

The 2 most common ones I've come across so far are the Mezel Mods and Lermods. Mezel is under lit and the Lermods one uses a spotlight. Both seem to be tied to sensing the disco insert light being lit so they aren't full tied into the game and they randomly kick on and off during attraction mode as the playfield lights cycle. I don't know the state of the disco insert light during disco multiball so I'm not sure if it continuously spins during that. Still kind of looking to see what else is out there. I feel like if someone could replicate how it works on the premium on a pro it would have been done by now but I'm new here.

I bought one, I think from Mezel, back when i first bought my DP in 2019. The quality wasn't bad, but I just didn't like the way it interacted with the game. Start, stop, start, stop. Wouldn't just stay spinning when disco multiball was going. I returned it pretty quickly for a refund. Maybe there's been improvements made since then.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 64.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider birdforce1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=birdforce1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.