(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,266 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 52 minutes ago by Nicholastree
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atlpb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 5 years ago

My LE is coming straight to my location My Parents Basement here in Atl. I’ve never been even close to this excited for a pin.

1 week later
#40 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

**Deadpool rated R petition.
Petition started - vote please. (Hoping this catches Sterns eyes).
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/petition-for-rated-r-deadpool-mode#post-4548629

Marvel mandated no R

#56 5 years ago

That’s killer to see it on loc already!!!

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

How well do operators expect DP to do on location?

I expect it to blow everything else out of the water. Even more so than GOTG did, and IMDN has been doing.

1 week later
#165 5 years ago
Quoted from JackOfPots:

I put it to 7 degree slope and it honestly seems like katana shots aren't rattling out any more. Could be dumb luck but certainly feels more solid.

GG recommends 7.0 degrees for this game.

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Check out min 54-58, disco mode looks so good I am rethinking a pro to premium.
Check out Deadpool Premium Pinball from Stern Factory! | !Prime https://www.twitch.tv/videos/306358689

You’ll have access to my LE in 2 wks or less, then can decide what you want at home. On paper it’s a questionable upgrade seemingly but I imagine if you play a few games with drops it would be very hard to go back to standups.

#250 5 years ago

Yeah I hear you guys on drops. I guess for me personally I could try to explain it as it is more more satisfying to smash a wall down, demolish it than it is to simply bounce off it. I’ve played both versions of TRON and AC/DC with drops/standups and the difference is noticeable.

However, make no mistake, there is no question this is a great Pro model.

I was really hoping for full RGB on the Prem/LE. Bummed it isn’t there.

#305 5 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

TL;DR If you're buying for the game, get Iron Maiden. If you are buying to earn money, get Deadpool.

Maiden has earned well for me. I fully expect Deadpool to perform even better, esp given my location/clientele. I expect DP to be the only game to stand up to AFM in fact.

Also, personal opinion, I’ll never understand the maiden hysteria. Great, refreshing game sure of course, but I had more fun playing 5 games on .82 Deadpool than I have with mos of Maiden.

#369 5 years ago

Thanks a ton Xfassa. Those pics and vids don’t take/upload themselves. We appreciate it. Looks fantastic. Want to see Disco mode in a dark room.

My LE should be installed by Wednesday night!

#380 5 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Disco Party in the dark

Much better. Awesome thanks.
Looks like something you wouldn’t necessarily miss on a pro, but certainly cool and fun to have when it’s there! Is it Wednesday yet...

#386 5 years ago
Quoted from jeep-mustang:

Just installed Tilt Graphics art blades.
It’s well worth the $88 to fill the color void and really helps complete the look of the pro.
And yes I already tore the top right side decal. Putting the play field down after working on it, not being carful, duh.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They look fantastic. Better than mirror blades for this title. And yes tearing them on accident is a rite of passage.

#444 5 years ago

It is pretty exciting that LE’s are being run now, near the beginning of the run. That creates a special feeling. Im looking forward to playing a LE this weekend.

And you shall... as long as the freight truck driver does his part unlike some others before him/her. It should be up and functional and ready for your George W’s by Sat noon. Picking up from terminal tomorrow afternoon, installing late tmrw or early Sat.

ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE THAT LE’s MCDONALDS-INSPIRED COLOR EXPLOSION IN PERSON!

#486 5 years ago

blimpey
zucot
ozno
How’s the backglass in person? meh, ok, good, great, fantastic or off the hook? How about cabinet art?

Go see for yourself. It’s not as stunning as the GOTGLE backglass in person, but it’s fantastic. The whole game looks incredibly good as a package when you see it in person. Straight up 10 out of 10. None of these pics do it justice. At all. I looked at my other machines and they just look like... old or something compared to it. I couldn’t believe I was putting it out instead of taking it home. All good though, it would make me late for work from just staring at it and drooling.

10F17FB5-A699-4107-9846-5F902112BE32.jpeg10F17FB5-A699-4107-9846-5F902112BE32.jpegA9C074B6-5DF3-47A1-94C3-94D1E4E4D504.jpegA9C074B6-5DF3-47A1-94C3-94D1E4E4D504.jpeg

#488 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Someone needs to make some custom instruction cards to match each model.
These LEs are looking mighty purdy.

I’ll get to this eventually

#494 5 years ago

Will do, is Maiden back in the lineup?

Not yet. Hope to get to today/tmrw. Just play Deadpool, it’s much more fun anyways.

#509 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Owners, do your node boards have capacitor kits on them?
Also, LE owners does the shaker board have the kit?
Can someone post pictures of these areas on their bottom side of their playfield?

I want to help you. I do, but I was busy working and playing it.

Game is so damn fun. Love every shot. For some reason Gomez orbits are more fun to me than other orbits. I had fun pummeling Sabretooth, who is easily defeated by orbits.

#529 5 years ago

I try to be very objective in everything. While the LE is downright STUNNING in person, it really probably isn’t worth the extra coin. I think this title falls into the Pro-is-the-way-to-go category. Esp a Pro w a cpl mods.

That said if you’re not super sensitive to the cash, then absolutely definitely get the LE, it’s a freaking spectacle.

#533 5 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Wierd thing is I’m having more fun with it than my IMDNLE right now. Probably just cause it’s new.

It’s because Maiden, while unique, isn’t nearly as fun as pinside would have you believe. DP is fun and unique. Just one mans opinion.

#573 5 years ago

The code will grow, evolve, expand. This isn’t the WWE/KISS era, nor is this theme middling like those. It very strongly likely will get code love.

#579 5 years ago

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ph1CERsF9Cg2QVC_j660vpMoRwBdNfnE/view?usp=sharing

my take, keep it simple. machine has enough going on already.

LEleftDeadpool.pngLEleftDeadpool.pngleRightDeadpool.pngleRightDeadpool.pngpremiumLeftDeadpool.pngpremiumLeftDeadpool.pngpremiumRightDeadpool.pngpremiumRightDeadpool.pngproLeftDeadpool.pngproLeftDeadpool.pngproRightDeadpool.pngproRightDeadpool.png
#626 5 years ago

My DPLE has been on loc for a week. It easily set a record for most earnings in first week (by a lot). And that’s going up against ten other outstanding machines... whereas other new machines I installed were 1 of 6; 1 of 8, etc. as collection grew. I’m in a great loc for it, but still damn impressive.

#628 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Are the games in your pinside collection the ones you have on location RKG? If so that is incredible!
Glad it’s earning so well for you, nice to hear ops who are still putting pins on location are getting rewarded with good earnings!

Yes thanks. only problem is I don’t get play much! DPLE is giving me the “one more game” hook like no other game. Hell I just keep trying to hit the katana shot even when it’s not lit; it’s so damn fun.

#634 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

What % better?
My dp pro did over 50% better in the 1st week than any other game has done in 1 week prior ever (unreal).

55% better. Yup.

#666 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Powder coated my "pro"... And with a Disco ball, well it's nearly a premium. Color is Prismatic illusion red.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks absolutely stellar. What a killer hybrid you have there. Now Get rid of that pool table and replace with 5-6 pins

#690 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Loving DPle but as a Complete OCD nut I can't stop staring at the left speaker on my game with the rotated JBL logo! lol The right speaker is correct but the left for some reason is at a 90. Has anyone else seen this on an LE or was mine a custom OCD model. I suspect I can simply rotate it but its driving me batty having it like that. lol
[quoted image]

Now I am tempted to rotate mine the wrong way in your honor.

#712 5 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

LE just landed.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It ain’t cheap! But you made a great choice!

#715 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I had my best game yet on it yesterday, I think I completed 4 of the 5 villains, and lit the game up some more. I think this is an amazing pinball.
I have to really give my compliments to the whole sound package. All the sounds, call outs, music, are excellent. I know some people want more R-rated deadpool, but as someone not that familiar with the license, and just evaluating the pinball, I find the call outs excellent because they are performed with such projection, he has a lot of energy. That really elevates the game.
The retro noises break through all the other audio, and you have a really overwhelming soundscape created. "Pinball cacophony" is a big part of the attraction of any machine, and this one really lands.

All this. Ordering a second Deadpool machine, a premium. One for home and one for location.

#736 5 years ago
Quoted from RDReynolds:

I was excited to try GOTG, especially with the Cleland audio to make that negative into a positive. But I just like the FEEL of DP better. I could be wrong, you tell me, but DP seems way faster. What would you say are the pros and cons of each machine?

GOTG Pros
-tried and true layout (Metallica)
-groot super easy MB to start
-modes are easy to learn due to colored arrows/lit shots
-Ramps a lot more fun than they look
-ok to go cheaper pro without missing much
-code done-ish
-lots of great approaches to scoring

Cons:
-mode jail, requires hitting scoop
-tried and true layout, identical to Metallica.
-weak implementation of theme- GOTG is gonna be a trilogy (or more) yet only the first movie is included in the pin

DP
Pros
-unique layout
-funny
-ok to go pro without missing much
-cool mode stacking: battles, katana, disco, ninja, lil dp and will get better with code
-lil dp super easy MB to start
-funny call outs and more to come
-great animations and more to come
-very immersive cohesive package

Cons
-code not done
-katana requires dialing in
-katana is very hard to hit
-a tad bit of clunk with colossus and R orbit exit
-obvious paths to success (start with Sabretooth)
-can be a longer player regardless of points

I have and absolutely love both. You can’t go wrongly with any version of either game.

#749 5 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Let's discuss this!
I always choose my opponent based on where I'm at in the game. I prefer to face Juggernaut with a multiball close, Mystique with a team up lit for an extra shot, and Sabertooth when neither of those are available.
To be fair, I'm not a super accurate player, and my ramp and orbits rattle a lot so I'm not usually taking out multiple battles in a single ball. But I feel like it's the best strategy. How do you guys attack it?

What you say makes sense regarding Juggernaut MB stacking, but even still arguably at this point Sabretooth should always be first given how super easy he is. He probably loses hit points too quickly in my opinion. He can be killed with one shot into L orbit if you have the Wolverine team-up. Constrast that with how much harder it is to take out Mystique and Jug. Doesn’t add up.

#763 5 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

Juggernaut is the only battle you should consider when lil deadpool is qualified green. Mainly because shooting the side targets is so dangerous that you need that ball save even if you don't knock the second ball loose right away. I'll even choose Mystique over Sabertooth if I have a boom lit and the Wolverine teamup qualified. You can hit BOOM before the ball even gets back to your flippers, take a big chunk of damage, and just start ripping ramps right away. Sabertooth will still be easy later, you have to take advantage of everything you can for the other two.

Fair enough- my bad I suppose I should qualify that I’m usually trying to beat a friend/gf quickly and get as many as points as I can as fast as I can (gf gets players 1, 3, and 4 cumulatively ).

You’re right, I’d rarely choose sabretooth first if I was going purely for balls out high score and game progress. I’d be paying much more attn to booms and team-ups.

#766 5 years ago
Quoted from x-rug-x:

Wow, the game must be played a ton in that month for it to be that dirty and seemingly abused.
It is a fun game and it will be worth the wait. I like the game because of how different it is and how difficult it is (it's hard enough when setup up properly, you don't need the additional challenge of the game not being level). I love the theming and the artwork, especially on the Pro cabinet and backbox. I'm looking forward to the software updates (although I'm bummed that updates blow away the high scores and other accounting information). I wish they'd export that data as a JSON file (or something) during the update, and then give you the ability to import (or do it by default) so you maintain that data in the running machine, but I digress.

Go thru utilities. There is a way to dump your audits to USB.

#769 5 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Yes but there is no way to put them back in after updating the code. I understand how things like high scores might not be as applicable to save between versions, but play count and settings should stay after a code update. Every time I update code I have to put it back on free play, have it use really knocker, turn off the fake screeching knocker, set the volume, etc. Virtually every other product out there (including pins from other manufacturers) remembers your settings after a software update. The fact that the play count is constantly reset to 0 is especially unacceptable. It is akin to the dealer reseting your odometer to 0 every time you get an oil change.

Fair enough. Nobody can rightfully argue that. maybe we can get this changed.

#783 5 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Anyone else have a problem powering up their game? Mine didn't power up after 10 minutes and I had to turn it off and back on. This happened to me twice. I heard the bill collector power on, but the machine stays off. I still need to update the code, but would this cause it to happen?

This happened to me once on a SW. I simply unplugged and replugged the power cable behind the machine and at the wall as well and it never happened again. Start there.

#860 5 years ago

Snikt all the way up ramp remains only way to multiply pf?

#862 5 years ago

Thanks Chuck. If so, I’m LOVING everything about this game (the little I get to play when I “work”...) except for how seemingly lucky Snikt shots, mostly during MB, can change the complexion of a game. I like the battering ram, bumblebee, and FUEL setup better for multiplying pf. Even FORCE double multipliers. There has to be a better way to do multiplier. Maybe I need to play more...

#864 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Another issue I have with this shot is how it will perform over time as the target shifts and wears.

Very well said

#912 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Guess it’s time to UPvote Deadpool!!!

I looked at the ratings my first day on pinside like 4-5 yrs ago. Saw a handful of games in the top 10-20 that I wouldn’t even power on if they were in my house. Haven’t looked at the ratings since.

#957 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

So I did some further investigation. I installed a known working powersupply, the game won't boot... installed a known working power distribution board... the game won't boot... installed a known working CPU Node... game still won't boot... Of course, we checked the fuse and power switch...
FINALLY figured it out. The game does boot with power cable cabinet node 1 unplugged! Does this mean we have a bad Node1? Does one broken board shut down the whole game? Is this some sort of fail protection? I don't have much experience with the spike hardware.

Highly recommend you call Stern tomorrow during normal business hours. Chas or someone else will be glad to help.

CEA33CE2-9FC6-4FB4-B308-3CCFFEDE344B (resized).jpegCEA33CE2-9FC6-4FB4-B308-3CCFFEDE344B (resized).jpeg
#978 5 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Did anyone's pin come with a manual inside, explaining the RULES of the game? I purchased a PRO recently and the only thing inside was the machine manual, explaining the machine parts, switches and what-not, but not the actual RULES of the game.
For example, wtf is REGENERATION? I have no idea. A lot of other things too. Is there a PDF file to download or something?

Regeneration is a left lane ball save earned by spelling DEAD and POOL.

#990 5 years ago

You know when you or a friend/family gets a new car and you start to notice them all over in the road. Well I was walking down the freezer aisle and I assure you this is the first time I’ve ever noticed the chimmi’s. Keep BOOMin BOOMers.

2039F349-6E49-4ECE-8713-E1CFC2C2048F.jpeg2039F349-6E49-4ECE-8713-E1CFC2C2048F.jpeg
3 months later
#1814 5 years ago

I’m coming back from a 2-3 month hiatus. I loved the layout so much that I took my LE home and put a premium out at my location, My Parents Basement in atlanta ga.

1) this is my favorite layout in pinball. The katana shot is more satisfying than any other three shots combined. The orbits are magical. Lil dp is fun to smash.

2) it has the worst rules of all time. The game is 100% about the snikt shot. A pf multiplier on one flip? ONE FLIP!? Insane. Incredibly lame. I’ve gotten 1.2B on a game where I only beat one villain. Why? 5x mech suit. Silly. Points and game progression should be somewhat tied together. I’ve sent plenty of ideas to stern. Sure hope they listen.

3) sorry if it has been covered- anyone have the issue with the lil dp drop targets front bracket not clearing? I’ve tried to bend the hell out of it various ways 3-4 times and it keeps getting stuck again eventually. Thoughts?

If they fix the snikt (among a few other things...) this will catapult its way up the list of my favs, but for now I can’t stop playing simply because the amazing layout.

#1824 5 years ago

Nobody else has had the issue with the lil dp drops front bracket?

#1827 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

twenty84 had an issue that he resolved by moving the mech (search the forum), I did also but mine seemed to be a dirty opto as once I'd cleaned it it was fine.
Neil.

Thanks. Interesting enough. I swapped entire mechanisms between my machines and both seem to be working 100%

#1829 5 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

Not sure if we are talking about the same bulbs but the clear white bulbs under the plastic return guide (between the inner and outer return lanes) to my right flipper were going dim and flickering. I kept on resetting the bulbs but often it would come back. However, after several attempts they seem to be good now (knock on wood). Maybe those sockets are a little off and unless you get the bulb just right it loosens up again and flickers/dims.
[quoted image]

That’s likely it. Those sockets are not a great design. Bayonets somewhat sticking up out of the play field on high vibration areas are subject to flickering/dimming/looseness. It happens on ALL my loc games on the inlane bayonets. I usually take them out and supplement a strip in the trough.

#1837 5 years ago
Quoted from djxealot:

Definitely my current favorite in my collection, and of all the pins I've played recently, only JJP's Pirates is better (and that costs a lot more).

An incredibly strange comparison in my opinion.

And I still don’t understand why ppl call this clunky. Only the Colossus shot is clunky.

#1851 5 years ago
Quoted from Coindropper:

Lil’ Deadpool broke off at the hips on my premium (3 weeks old HUO) I’m guessing just glue to hold it together? Not sure how they expected it to last being 2 pieces and bashed like it is.

Call Stern

#1856 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I believe in the pro, sabertooth does not loop around from the right orbit.

Same on Prem/LE. Sabretooth stops in pops, period.

Since bonus is worthwhile now, I generally shortplunge into pops on my Prem and LE both at start of ball and on any intraball plunge. Because yes otherwise the L and R orbit will go past the pops.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Haddonfield, NJ
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.95
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atlpb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=atlpb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.