(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,263 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by ALY
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TinyBlackDog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10907 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

December run is pushed off to February as of now. Just got word from one that would absolutely know.

Yep, I heard the same thing as well - at least the part where it isn't going to be run this year (nothing specific about February - just that it won't be December).

How many of you are going to just cancel your order vs. pony up the extra $900 (premium)? I'm not sure myself. Few people want to part with a DP once they've got them, so there isn't much of a secondary market.

2 weeks later
#11066 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Sorry if already been stated..
How much you reckon the new run of DP Premium will be sold at..
Have Stern informed how long they will run on the line?

Since it is most likely running in 2022, pricing is going to be same as Godzilla thanks to the Jan 1 price bump.

#11070 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Hearing a few might limbo under the price bump. If you arent already in line, the new price is the price point.
Keeping my fingers crossed. Distribution still says on-track for a December departure from Stern.

Fingers and toes crossed here - would be great news as my GZ prem just got bumped to March.

2 weeks later
#11260 2 years ago

I'm about to trade my Mando Premium for a Deadpool Premium. I've got a deposit for a December build but I think the chances of that happening are about nil. Mando never really connected with me the way I hoped it would - every single shot is halfway up the playfield and that center shot gets boring as *#&$.

If by some miracle the December order comes through, I'll have a nicely priced used DP Prem for sale....

1 week later
#11315 2 years ago

Joined the club with a Premium tonight! Traded my Mando Premium for it. I only had time for a couple of quick games, but am loving it so far.

Quick question - how were the outlanes setup from the factory? This one has rubbers on both inlane posts with the left outlane post all the way down and right one in the middle. I know the inlane posts came without rubbers, and I’ll be removing those. I will probably open up the outlanes all the way since the ball times feel pretty long.

310DD2BC-5722-4AA7-842B-FE117580AC8A (resized).jpeg310DD2BC-5722-4AA7-842B-FE117580AC8A (resized).jpeg63E50C8C-D2FF-4408-87A5-ED4940906E31 (resized).jpeg63E50C8C-D2FF-4408-87A5-ED4940906E31 (resized).jpeg
#11319 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Outlane posts factory should have been middle on each side. No rubbers on the inlane posts. I have them on mine and don't feel bad about it at all though. Gives you a fighting chance at nudging there.

Thanks - I'll try middle on both sides with no inlane rubbers and see how that treats me.

Quoted from northerndude:

I've seen a few DP's with yellow rings. How's that for anyone?
All yellow?
All Clear?
Any other bitchin' ideas?

I like clear Titan rings anywhere that is surrounding GI lights, so always on slings and select other places. I used to try to color match plastics in other parts of the playfield but found that is too much work, so I usually just choose a color and go with that everywhere else. There is already so much red on DP that I may go with a different color.

For post sleeves, I like Cliffy sleeves but they are a bit thicker than stock and can make shots tougher. I don't like the Titan post sleeves as they wear out so quickly. Lately I've just been leaving the stock black sleeves as I'm not sure there is a better colored option.

#11349 2 years ago

Still in the honeymoon phase on my DP Premium and am absolutely loving it. The music and callouts are some of the best Stern has ever done. I added a shaker motor and external sub and they both made a huge difference. I add subs to all my machines but none have made as big a difference as this one - the music just begs for upgraded bass.

I removed my inlane post rubbers to match factory, but I’m not sure it makes it any harder. It may even be easier with my style of play - now I can’t accidentally bounce a ball into the outlane from that rubber….

1 month later
#11717 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

I'm curious on the apron changes.

If it is like other legacy games w/ IC (Mando, JP) it will not have anything fancy on the apron - just the scanner in place of the right triangular insert, and IC instructions in place of the pricing card.

I really wish they put a full sized custom decal like GZ and Rush have, but that hasn't happened so far.

#11721 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Haven't seen the other ones... bah. Guess will just leave Cable on the left. How easy is it to get those original inserts? A type of thing that Stern can sell?

Here is what Zeppelin looks like w/ IC. Not pretty...

d66fa050 (resized).pngd66fa050 (resized).png
1 week later
#11823 2 years ago

If anybody has installed an Insider Connected kit on their DP premium and are willing to sell the right triangular apron plastic that they removed, please let me know. Thanks!

#11837 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

You can just peel it off right?

New DP Premiums come with Insider Connected installed in the apron, and no right triangular insert plastic. If you want to move the IC sensor to the door and replace the plastic, you have to buy a new full plastic set ($200) - which I think is what Sleal16 did. I was hoping somebody with an old DP Prem that installed the IC sensor in their apron would be willing to sell the plastic they removed. It isn’t worth $200 to me to get that single plastic.

#11845 2 years ago

What's the general consensus on replacing the red GI? I've got a Premium coming this week and a boatload of Comet 2SMD Sunlight bulbs - just not sure if the change is worth it. It I do replace them, I'll probably replace ALL of the GI with Sunlight.

1 week later
#12002 2 years ago

I need to vent briefly about ABF Freight. My DP Premium shipped last Tuesday and was supposed to be delivered Friday. It was still two states away on Friday so it got delayed till Monday. Monday comes but it still needed to be transferred to another depot in my city so delayed till Tuesday. This morning I got a call that they can't deliver it because the driver called in sick. Now rescheduled to Wednesday.

First world problems, I know, but give me a break...

#12005 2 years ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

My FedEx delivery situation was much like this. It was sitting for almost a week at their distribution center before they could be bothered to get to me. They said “we don’t get down there often”. Sorry to bother you, aren’t you a international shipping company? The driver was super cool and helpful, I brought up the subject with him and we had an interesting conversation.

A lot of people hate FedEx, but I've had good experiences with them. It is a crap shoot though and I know everybody is dealing with labor issues. I would consider picking it up but it is a 45 minute drive one way and I'd have to unbox it there to fit it into my SUV.

#12033 2 years ago

DP Premium finally delivered. Only had time to cut the box off and inspect for damage - and it looks good. My Lucxor katana handle, Stern art blades + pop bumper caps, and Pinmonk mode/multiplier brackets and quiet fan all arrived yesterday. So excited to be back in the club!

IMG_0863 (resized).jpegIMG_0863 (resized).jpeg

#12088 2 years ago

The scoop on my new DP premium consistently ejects to the lower half of the right slingshot. I have to drop the scoop power from the default 255 to 180 and even that is hitting very close to the right edge of the right flipper. I’ve tried various pitches from 6.5 - 7.25 with no change.

Does this sound normal? Seems like something must be misaligned.

#12134 2 years ago

If you have a 3D printer, I recommend printing these up. They add additional support on top of the anti-lean bracket. I put them on all my targets.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5157940

#12137 2 years ago

I am a recent convert to 3D printing (bought an Ender 3 v2 in December) and absolutely love it. Such an awesome tool for pinball and other hobbies. I'm just sorry I waited this long to buy one. I spent several hundred dollars getting parts printed in the past which would have practically paid for the printer. Filament is really cheap too. I love playing with CAD programs (used Fusion 360 to design some CNC parts in the past) so this is right up my alley.

2 weeks later
#12247 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

I'm trying to dial in my new Deadpool. Like others have mentioned all through this topic, I'm getting a bunch of Hellhouse scoop rejects, but what's different is that my factory scoop protector seems to have no damage or visible reason for these rejects. What makes it even more odd is that my Hellhouse kick-out sends the ball into the middle of the right slingshot. So now I'm thinking that maybe the scoop isn't lined up properly to begin with which might be the reason for the rejects? Has anyone had that issue of the ball being sent into the middle of the right slingshot? That seems pretty far off.

Yes, my new premium also ejected to the right slingshot. I had to drop the eject power significantly to get it to hit the right flipper instead. I haven’t had time to dig into the root cause as I’ve been playing too much Rush lately.

#12258 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBubbles:

Just in case anyone else runs into this issue, this was what Stern told me to do (basically hit it with a hammer lol). I'll try it this weekend.
"There is a trick that is a quick way to adjust the direction of the ball when it shoots from the scoop. Place a piece/block of wood on the rim on the scoop where the blue line is drawn and lightly tap that block of wood to the left with a hammer. You will see the ejector start to slowly move to the left. Then place the ball inside the scoop and when it ejects, it will be hitting closer to the flipper. Do this until the ball is hitting the flipper."

Thanks for sharing. Can you post the pic they sent? Curious where this blue line is…

1 month later
#12444 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Yeah, I'm sure that's how it works. It's too bad Stern couldn't just throw that extra apron piece in the goody bag.

I reached out to Terry at Pinball Life and he couldn't get the single plastic - only the full kit from Stern. He did say that he could repro them and sell them individually if somebody was willing to send him a plastic out of their game. I didn't have one to offer since mine came with Insider Connected, so I didn't follow up on it. Any generous individuals willing to part with your plastic for a short while so these can get made?

#12487 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I might create one using Dazzler if that’s of any interest but first I’m going to create an exact copy of the factory plastic.

I'd be interested in one of the factory plastics. I'd move the IC H/W to the coin door, which is what I did on my Iron Maiden.

#12555 1 year ago

Me too.

1 year later
#15019 8 months ago

I also prefer Super Bands or Cliffy post sleeves for durability. However be aware that they are thicker than Stern sleeves and can make shots tighter depending on location.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TinyBlackDog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=TinyBlackDog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.