(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,196 posts
  • 1,083 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by drwicket
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7899 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1688 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240327_001906_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_001709_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpg
IMG_8453 (resized).jpg
IMG_8454 (resized).jpg
IMG_8455 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240323_200809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240326_153304_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240326_103932 (resized).jpg
20240326_103906 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SirMachismo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10076 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadTed:

Yup, search for Deadpool Hot Toys Cosbaby. There are a lot of counterfeits coming from China though so beware, usually the seller will advertise it's 100% genuine if you're looking for a real copy, but if they don't mention it you have to assume it's a fake.
The one I got was from the 3pack, he's actually Kidpool which is a little smaller.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did the Kid Deadpool hold up to all the bashing? how did you attach it? It looks really great and I want to find one before my DP arrives in December. Thanks, Lb

1 week later
#10103 2 years ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Anyone waiting on the Dead Pool Rerun in December?

Impatiently waiting for December!

#10108 2 years ago
Quoted from jaycbarnett:Drops are great, but that repeatable disco loop with the left orbit spinner going all the way around over top of the shooter lane and back to the right flipper. That's butter when you can get it going...
Only thing I don't like as much is the cabinet art, but in the line it's not an issue.

100% What Jay said.

If you can afford the Premium get it without doubt…With that said I am am getting the Pro in December. I decided to put the extra money towards my next pin.

#10112 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Fun night on these two!
[quoted image][quoted image]

The two games I want! My Deadpool is coming in December. So envious.

1 week later
#10220 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Just saw a Deadpool easter egg.
Was in a battle with Mystique and got a stuck ball resting on a pop that needs adjusting.
Had to wait for ball search.
The fight stopped and they both strated looking at me from the display then Deadpool gave this shrug like 'what?' and held out his hand toward her as if to say 'we're fighting here?'.

Because I’m old this reminds me of when Sonic the Hedge Hog would break the 4th wall and tap his foot when you set the controller down for too long. Or when Mario would take a nap in Mario 64! I need to see this.

#10241 2 years ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

After lot of Party and arround 130 Plays on my new machine the head of little Deadpool doesn't want to take it anymore
As I know the comics I just can put it back on and he should fix him self within some time rigth? xD
Seems to be a normal problem let's see what the distributor means.[quoted image][quoted image]

Happy birthday! I think you should try one of these as a temp replacement for your lil’ Deadpool.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
1 month later
#10537 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Funnily enough, I've had my PRO for about 2 years now (first NIB I ever owned) and I just upgraded to the Premium. Had them both for about a month...lol.
The main reason I upgraded was because I wanted to try something new on the game. I've improved my skills to the point of finishing the game (once, mind you) and I still LOVE the game a lot so I figured that getting the premium was like watching the "Director's Cut" of a favorite movie of mine. I realize it's not exactly the same, but that's the analogy I'd make.
I actually love the artwork/translite on all 3 models (ZombieYeti or Die!) so that was fun to upgrade, just to see something different in my game room.
In terms of actual gameplay, I've been playing for a couple of days now and essentially the 2 MAIN differences are: the LOOP shot via the left orbit which is pretty kickass I will say (this also comes with an added "bonus mode" called DISCO LOOPS which I had never experienced before) as well as the actual DISCO BALL, which you can also purchase as a MOD for the PRO, although it's not exactly the same. Oh and I like the red wire form ramp as well...
I do NOT like the drop targets in the PREMIUM so far, as the balls seems to get "stuck" in there sometimes (for a split second) and then gets spit out and is hard to handle, so that's not cool. I much prefer the stand-up targets in the PRO.
In the end, I don't regret the upgrade because I like the new art on the game, dig the DISCO BALL and the new left orbit shot, but I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone to take the PREMIUM over the PRO because the differences are not a lot and not really worth the difference in price, imho.
Oh, I also noticed that since the PREMIUM was built on May 4th, 2021, it's a lot more solid, as in the SCOOP seems to suck in everything in its path, the SNIKT shot is even better on this one and the roll-down from LIL DEADPOOL goes more to my left flipper than it did before, but I imagine these are all areas that Stern has probably improved on since I purchased my PRO back in late 2018.

Thank you, for taking the time to write this up. I pained pro vs premium before deciding to pull the trigger on a pro in July slated for the December 2021 production run. Some people will disagree with you, but it is so is nice to hear the thoughts of someone that has purchased both pins. Well done!

1 month later
#10987 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Just used my hand with the glass off
(i'm sure it will return after while, I could also buy the stand up target stiffener thing mod that's out there)

the anti-sway kit from pinball life was a worth while mod for my Baywatch yellow standup targets. I actually have one extra anti-sway put aside for the Deadpool Pro I was expecting in 2021, but most likely 2022.

1 month later
#11331 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

God I love this game.
How do you guys feel about those slingshot plastic protectors? I think I hate them, but I do like the one red ones that say "dead" and pool".
[quoted image]

I agree on the fluorescent slingshot plastic protectors. They just don’t feel right. Two thumbs up on the DEAD POOL protectors. Now I need to find spinner lube!

2 months later
#12123 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Snikt question.
I added the anti sway bracket. It still sways, maybe not as much as before but the bracket has enough tolerance (or lack thereof) to allow for some sway still. Annoying.
Am I doing something wrong here?

Now that you mention it…When I installed mine on all my standup targets (Baywatch) they seemed to move a little. The next time I had the glass off I straightened them and tightened them up a little (the screws that prevent pivoting not the playfield screws) and I haven’t noticed them move in over six month. I think they just needed to settle and compress a little. Maybe someone has better advise, but I would have forgotten about all of it had you not mentioned yours moving a little. Good luck.

2 weeks later
#12244 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

So I upgraded my premium speakers to Kenwood KFC-1366S 4 ohm speakers... Sounded awesome
Then I thought, oops, forgot to change the ohms to 4 ohms...
Well, now it sounds like mud... Much reduced volume, voices and call outs muted... Over all crap....
Switched back to 8 and presto... Instant upgraded quality...
So what is the consensus on damaging the amp if I leave them at 8 ohms? What do the LEs come set to by default and is the wiring somehow different in the premiums?
These are the same speakers the LEs use from what I read, just can't believe how bad they sound at 4 ohms...
Any suggestions
Thanks all

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/improving-sound-quality-the-diy-route

The OP of this thread has been testing speakers setups, maybe he or some of the other posters can shed some light. I have been following his thread and prepping for the day my Deadpool finally arrives, and now i want to know the answer to your question. I hope they are able to help.
-Lb

1 month later
#12491 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

If there is enough interest I may do Dazzler on the left side as an optional replacement for Cable but first I just want to make the right plastic for all new owners forced to look at that scanner. I also have to produce them in a minimum of 25 pieces so for an optional left plastic I really need most spoken for.
I think it was cheeky stern didn’t at least include the plastic in the goodie bag.

I have a DP pro coming and I am very interested in moving my IC to the coin door! Add me to the list.

#12517 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Correct. Sometimes it will launch into the shooter lane! I am setup at about a 6.8 degree pitch and level side to side. For a time I turned my slings down but I want this to play pretty hard so I turned them back up to factory. I am certainly open to suggestions though.

Can you give a few more details? I am curious where you had your spotlights mounted. E.g. What length hex are you using (I assume 1 inch) and where on the slings were they mounted? Moving them may better keep them out of harms way. I am still waiting on my DP, sadly I can’t speak directly to where to put them.
The Comet spotlights have been great on my other pins. They are doubled up on the top nut of the left sling on my Baywatch. The right sling had too many direct hits to the spotlights. I did have to get creative with the placement on my South Park. One spotlight is high on the left ramp attachment to the sling, and the other is low hiding under the SP vuk, pointing towards the toilet. Hope this helps.

1 week later
#12610 1 year ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Anxiously awaiting my NIB pro...
So what better to do than order some mods and read...
The plastics at the top of the playfield that have characters on them , I have seen some machines with them as actual figures.. Any idea which ones and where to get???
Thanks in advance - looking very much forward to this..

Colossus was cheaper when I bought him a few years ago.
Search: Marvel Universe Colossus Series #2 Figure #13 (be aware of different versions no idea what is real or fake).
I planned on putting him in my DP Pro when it arrived…11 months later, I think I like him right where he is at. Someone on Pinside epoxied a pinball to his hand and I thought it was awesome so I did the same (J-B Weld gray). Pro should be arriving in the next week, very excited.
ACDE5803-C3FA-4231-94F6-B5E17814AF5F (resized).jpegACDE5803-C3FA-4231-94F6-B5E17814AF5F (resized).jpegCACF56B2-6CB8-4140-A230-46554BDDBE71 (resized).jpegCACF56B2-6CB8-4140-A230-46554BDDBE71 (resized).jpeg

#12720 1 year ago

I finally had some time to get this bad boy downstairs and set up! Fuck yeah, after 10 months of waiting…It is so fun. On the list for Lecxor’s katana mod and Comet spotlights are just waiting to be installed, sling & lane protectors on ready five, external sub also waiting, shaker ordered, and still on the fence about side blades or mirror blades. I kept expecting FedEx to deliver a forked up pin, but she looks amazing. Time to dimple up this beautiful playfield.
A0FB8955-AB0B-45E4-A68F-7949B6A75B87 (resized).jpegA0FB8955-AB0B-45E4-A68F-7949B6A75B87 (resized).jpeg
2F888B91-66CC-4CD2-805C-4D44142DCF37 (resized).jpeg2F888B91-66CC-4CD2-805C-4D44142DCF37 (resized).jpeg
0FDFC1CD-B8D1-4215-BEF0-C5CBF8CA97DA (resized).jpeg0FDFC1CD-B8D1-4215-BEF0-C5CBF8CA97DA (resized).jpeg
2DA25C7E-CDB4-4E33-9DFD-E358646D857A (resized).jpeg2DA25C7E-CDB4-4E33-9DFD-E358646D857A (resized).jpeg
0A375A85-56DF-4EDF-A3BE-B90F18B1ACB2 (resized).jpeg0A375A85-56DF-4EDF-A3BE-B90F18B1ACB2 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#12917 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Anyone recognize what this broken bracket would be from? Found on topside… but unclear where it came from[quoted image]

Someone else had the same issue and so did Bro, Do You Even Pinball? while streaming. I am going to come clean here...I read both posts and watched the video and I am not 100% sure where that thing goes. if you could post a follow up I will check mine, because it seems to be a thing that happens from time to time.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/256#post-6930392

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/256#post-6930450

#12994 1 year ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Found this rattling around in the box. I checked and couldn’t find where it belongs. Does anyone have any suggestions?
[quoted image]

Here is my best guess, there is another one on the other side of the coin door as well.
Good luck!

36A86060-0B6E-47BD-8A34-4A548CCE7C24 (resized).jpeg36A86060-0B6E-47BD-8A34-4A548CCE7C24 (resized).jpeg
#13089 1 year ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

What did you lower the flippers to?

Only had my DP Pro a month but here is where I am set so far:

FEATURE ADJUSTMENT #2/#3
LEFT/RIGHT FLIFFER POWER

FEATURE ADJUSTHEHT #4
TROUGH EJECT POWER

FEATURE ADJUSTMENT #5
BALL LAUMCH PONER

FEATURE ADJUSTMENT #7
HELLHOUSE EJECT POWER

I am at 7.1 degrees angle and spot on level left to right. I can hit the super skill shots and occasionally the SINKT! Shot. I get a little hop off the flipper on the second go around of the orbit shot, that is where I am so far in regards to dialing her in. She shoots so fast! I will put on Titans on the flippers soon to see how that affects things. I need to do the washers on the metal rails soon. I have a Stern shaker, external subwoofer, and Super Skill Shot Shooter to install as well. I need to pick some blades, I just can’t make up my mind which ones.
Hope this helps.

#13150 1 year ago
Quoted from revoke:

Lol maybe he is, I'm the rookie questioning if my flippers are correct.

Angle is set to 7.1 degrees auto plunge is set to factory. The first, third, and fifth balls are plunged the second, fourth, and sixth are auto plunged. All but one end up in the right return lane. The game feels pretty dialed in. Hope this helps, here is the video, and I will put Comet spotlights to brighten up this sexy beast sometime this weekend.
-Lb

1 week later
#13241 1 year ago
Quoted from wolffcub:

Still have to play a bit with the cloth wrap and cnc an end cap but it’s way better than the factory one. Used a Non traditional fold when doing it, as I needed it to stay wide to cover as much as I could.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Be careful…
You may find yourself with people mailing you their Katana handles
And you may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile
And you may find yourself in a beautiful house, with a beautiful wife
And you may ask yourself, "Well, how did I get here?"

What I am saying is. Nice work.

1 week later
#13371 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah, get some "color gel" sheets. I glued them on pieces of clear lexan and place between the light board and the playfield. Build up sheets to get the color you want.
Here's an earlier post I did about it.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/195#post-6318691

Sweet I have a few rosco gel swatch books from my grip & gaffer days and was planning on doing just this. Thanks for the proof of concept and leading the way. Now I have to measure how big to cut the lexan.

1 week later
#13436 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

I bought Lucxor’s awesome Katana mod secondhand off the marketplace but it didn’t come with any installation instructions. Can anyone help with the install.

There are two black screws with washers on the left side of the Katana handle that you have to remove. Be careful not to drop any of it, I used a magnetic Philips head screw drive and a micro fiber cloth underneath the handle. Then slowly lift up the left side of the plastic katana handle and slowly rotate it all clockwise & a touch to the right. You will clear the tabs on the right side that are inserted into the right side of the katana handle. Do everything in reverse with the existing screws and the Lucxor katana handle, don't forget to choose what color gel to install.

Side Note: I removed my Dinopool because it was in my way (same deal remove two black screws), The directions also warned to be aware of the Wolverine plastic...so don't break it.

Additional Side Note: My Lucxor katana handle wasn't catching the tabs on the right side as securely as I would have liked so I cut two small pieces of 3M Double Sided tape and made a hole in the center of them and stuck them on the inside of the Lucxor Katana Handle over the screw holes. Then stuck a washer (#6 size I think) to the inside of the tape and installed the handle. The spacer that the washer became allowed for a more secure latching of the handle.

hope this helps.

01 handle (resized).png01 handle (resized).pngdp (resized).jpgdp (resized).jpg
#13469 1 year ago

15.00 thrift store sub (it thumps), Dinopool, Lucxor Katana handle, Super Skill Shot shooter rod (it feels so good), Comet Spotlights (trough light in hand just not installed), plastic protectors, Stern Shaker, and a thick Titan post rubber to rid myself of the occasional ball hang up behind lil’ Deadpool (being just a sliver off level left to right also helped). Playfield angle is at 7.05…She plays fast and beautiful. I don’t think she needed the washes under the Katana, but I did them so it was done. So many games in the can and so many more to come. Maybe mirror blades or art blades sometime in the future. Damn I love this game.

I think I might try some Sorbothane in the scoop. I do have about 1 in three shots bounce out, even after I lowered the right flipper strength to 235 (left is at 241). If I add Sorbothane I’ll try to make a comparison video.
-Lb

3E89545B-69E4-479F-81B2-D654F9323165 (resized).jpeg3E89545B-69E4-479F-81B2-D654F9323165 (resized).jpegC31ADF27-002D-4F1E-86E9-1570D277A6CC (resized).jpegC31ADF27-002D-4F1E-86E9-1570D277A6CC (resized).jpeg35AF2ABE-71FC-4FC9-A702-1A08695E5D77 (resized).jpeg35AF2ABE-71FC-4FC9-A702-1A08695E5D77 (resized).jpeg984B82D3-DFFA-46B3-9C40-CCF075BF308E (resized).jpeg984B82D3-DFFA-46B3-9C40-CCF075BF308E (resized).jpeg39F83927-987B-4E0A-8B82-5DDD2BFD37B5 (resized).jpeg39F83927-987B-4E0A-8B82-5DDD2BFD37B5 (resized).jpeg0D05A2B3-2F81-464B-8A31-25436645850E (resized).jpeg0D05A2B3-2F81-464B-8A31-25436645850E (resized).jpeg
#13512 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Can someone please tell me where this part is from? I found it in the loop (under the left ramp)?
One screw and an metal piece in an “L” shape.
Much appreciate any help! The machine only has 100 plays!!!
[quoted image]
Edit: I’m pretty sure it’s part of the Deadpool in the hammock plastic over the left ramp because that whole plastic that stops the ball from flying off is loose now.

Start here, a rash of people had these fall off their machines that were made in the last build. I think there are even more detailed post, but this one will point you in the right direction.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/259#post-6941122

#13516 1 year ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Thank you so much! That’s the piece. So if it’s just for alignment of the ramps I’m not too worried. Seems weird and unnecessary. I’ll keep an eye on it.
Now my next question … is the plastic over the left ramp (where it keeps the ball from flying) supposed to be somewhat loose on the left side? I tightened the two screws on top and it made it tighter but still has a bit of wiggle.

Just pulled the glass off and the Deadpool plastic with the chimichangas and the DP hammock on it is nice and snug. Maybe the hex post under the center screw is loose? Picture is for demo purposes only

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13526 1 year ago

Here is a visual breakdown of the Hellhouse scoop without and with Sorbothane. Was it required? No, but I would get straight shot bounce-outs about every third or fourth direct shot, and I didn't want to turn down the flipper power below 235 because it affected my ability to make the "snikt!" shot. After the install, it reminded me of a wide receiver wearing slightly sticky gloves. Does it feel like cheating? I don’t think so. The scoop just seems to have “softer hands” when catching the ball. We shall see how well it holds up to the light use of home play. I may need to turn up my Hellhouse eject power up a little from the current setting of 230.
-Lb

.08” thickness
70 Durometer
Part #: 0206080-70

#13563 1 year ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Also... It's been common with the cab sub sounding like it's blown actually being the mesh screen that's there. Try removing that mesh first and see if that removes that blown sub effect.

Very true, the mesh rattled on mine. I stuffed a few thin strip of Sorbothane between the mesh and the cab (from the outside) and the rattling went away.

1 month later
#13834 1 year ago

What Northerndude said ^^^

Quoted from Av8:

How can improve lighting in the middle of the playfield on my DP Pro? It is not well lit. Is the premium the same? Is there apron lights I can add?

Comet spotlights are the best bang for your buck to brighten up the middle of your playfield, and it’s what I use in all my pins. Here is DP pro with cool white Opmax (left & right) picture 1, Opmax (left) 4SMD no lens (right) picture 2, Opmax (left) 5SMD Insane Bright (right) picture 3, and finally dual Opmax in use (without the towel). I am going to aim the spots slightly down and add an LED strip in the outhole next time the glass is off. Others have used the apron holes to add LED flex bulbs (you will have to search this forum for the how to and parts list). The Matrix system Comet has is great for adding additional lighting.
BC3F90AC-C0F0-4E72-91EF-A81C7EB23A93 (resized).jpegBC3F90AC-C0F0-4E72-91EF-A81C7EB23A93 (resized).jpeg8D057280-9131-4A76-A8E9-5C597E39FE3D (resized).jpeg8D057280-9131-4A76-A8E9-5C597E39FE3D (resized).jpeg5F907109-3B04-43AE-84E4-6447D55B1C06 (resized).jpeg5F907109-3B04-43AE-84E4-6447D55B1C06 (resized).jpeg8C7CA3F1-0540-40B5-8796-D6A4357E515E (resized).jpeg8C7CA3F1-0540-40B5-8796-D6A4357E515E (resized).jpeg

#13884 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

What are best options for Colossus and Domino figures? I can’t find anything decent on eBay nor Amazon. Have been looking for 3.75 figs. What figure/brand should I be looking for?

Search: Marvel Universe Colossus Series #2 Figure #13

I decided against putting him in my DP pro, he looks good where he is at. Others have replaced the Colossus plastic with nice results. The pinball I epoxied to his hand is fitting (use grey epoxy, a clamp, and a steady hand),
35348B10-8BFF-40F3-87CA-F0F6873ECB8A (resized).jpeg35348B10-8BFF-40F3-87CA-F0F6873ECB8A (resized).jpeg8102A69A-A747-4CAD-ACBA-1A3481FA91E7 (resized).jpeg8102A69A-A747-4CAD-ACBA-1A3481FA91E7 (resized).jpeg

2 weeks later
#13982 1 year ago
Quoted from Jobuko:

Okay, I am close. 1.9B GC, two...maybe three shots away from the final Wizard Mode. I have this machine dialed in and understand nudge and nuance for almost every shot and brick. But for the love of all that is holy, at least one ball per game comes out of that scoop so oddly that no matter how I nudge, slap, scream, cry, or beg....it drains. What gives!?!? Is it a bad ball in the batch, maybe? Does anyone have a foolproof method of controlling the ball out of the scoop? Thank you, in advance, for any and all advice.

I dialed my scoop power down and it always seems to hit mid right flipper and is very controllable. The DP on route (I play at least once a week) hits mid right sling and it drives me crazy how out of control it plays, yet I still play it for the challenge.

2 weeks later
#14092 1 year ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Need help with a consistently frustrating drain. Whenever a ball exits the pops and rolls down the katana lock lane, it goes straight down the middle. The only way to save it is to shift the entire machine. I feel like the ball wasn't meant to do that. I'm at 7 for my slope. Is this a slope or leveling issue, or just a normal pitfall? I feel like almost every game I have this happen and I needlessly lose a ball.

Sorry for the long video, but I figured I would shoot a short video of my Deadpool's setup to see if it helps you solve your SDTM woes. The video ended up longer that I wanted and I didn't want to reshoot it. My DP Pro is an April 2022 build. I have the left to right axis just leaning just a tiny fraction down on the left side. If you look at the circular level it is so close to center I question if it is just dead on some days, the sprit level it too hard to get an accurate left to right reading on the slanted playfield. Additionally my PF angle is at 6.96 at the flippers. I intended to tweak it to get it to 7.0 but it played so well I figured it was good enough. I also put a thick post sleeve on the post next to the pop bumper behind Lil' Deadpool, I did this mainly because I would get an occasional ball trapped there. Most if what my set up tweaking was to alleviate the one in twenty games where I would get a ball stuck there. The tweaking of my angle, level, and the post sleeve seemed to have a positive effect on my setup in general...no more unwarranted SDTM drains and no ball traps. At the end of the video is a direct overview of the entrance guiderail to the right of Lil' DP so you can determine if your rail needs some adjusting. Sorry for the sound mix, I accidently hit the start button and just rolled with it.
Lb

IMG_1193 (resized).jpgIMG_1193 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#14224 1 year ago

I second this! ^^^

I have Deadpool, AIQ, and Godzilla. Two are Stern shakers one is a Pinball life shaker. I was annoyed by all of them until I switched the weights so they are at a 90 degree orientation to each other (only need to move one). Now the shakers are set to Maximal Use and I think they are perfect. I do feel that Godzilla is the best integration of the three, Deadpool a close second. Well worth the hassle of removing the shaker to make the switch.

2 months later
#14493 1 year ago
Quoted from SpinnerCM:Does a replacement lil Deadpool figure exist on the planet? Asking for a friend…

You could always use one of these until you find one:

Funko Pop! Marvel: Deadpool 30th - Dinopool https://a.co/d/cJA2F1F

I pulled the Lil’ Deadpool before ball one. I figure I will put him back when I decide to sell my Deadpool (if I decided to, I love this pin). I used a small square of Lexan to mount him to. Getting the balance right to allow for Dinopool to sit properly only took two attempts. You can see a close up of Dinopool about 30 seconds in.

2 months later
#14687 1 year ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

What does a “typical” game of deadpool feel like to you all. Im no pinball expert but ive had this thing for a year now and it seems to kick my ass more than my walking dead premium…. I rarely finish the three battles to complete the first round of battles. Feel like im flailing too much.

Ok, hear me out. Check your angle and level, and if it is perfect… change the angle a little. Leave side to side alone if it is perfect, good on you. Next, pick your worst shot and just master it. Lastly, wax it.
-Lb

#14696 1 year ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Anyone know what type of screw goes in the katana?
[quoted image]

I can’t remember which length because I picked up both at the hardware store. If I had to bet I would say the I used the 1/4 length. If you have a spare 6-32 hex post take that to a hardware store and have them get you both lengths. Sadly the manual does not list that screw.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4006-01041-06

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/4006-01041-04

3 weeks later
#14736 12 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I finally hit the sknizt skill shot…..pure luck. Lol
Now just need to hit the MVX skill shot.

Nice work, that’s how it starts. the Ninjapocalypse (MVX) skill shot is the best in pinball! Hitting it is so satisfying.

#14738 12 months ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

How do you do that?

Right orbit then hit the Katana ramp. When done correctly I think the ball is going to break something it is so fast. It is delightful. I sometimes don’t know it happened till I see Deadpool chopping down ninjas on the LCD and the callout yells out Ninjapocalypse!
Sometimes I just play trying to hit that shot. I’ll see if I have any videos of it.

1 month later
#14853 10 months ago

Does anyone make a Deadpool Pro decal to cover the IC sticker? I made a close but not perfect vinyl decal version on my home printer, but cutting out the circle for the top/left screw is messy each time. I am not against buying one professionally done. This is my best attempt thus far.

IMG_6134 (resized).jpegIMG_6134 (resized).jpegIMG_6132 (resized).jpegIMG_6132 (resized).jpegIMG_6135 (resized).jpegIMG_6135 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#14953 8 months ago
Quoted from Gubbin:

This game is kicking my butt. I keep bashing the lil Deadpool into an outlane. It's so fast. When I try to slow down and trap the ball rolls off the tip of of the flippers. But man...that kitana shot though!!

If your game is fine tuned: Angle of PF, level left to right, flipper power, flipper alignment, sling power….Then, using Dead Bounces from either flipper are useful when things get too fast. I also love using a Loop Pass to slow Deadpool down (from the left flipper to the right flipper). Practice Loop Passes from Super Skill Shot plunges or the mini wolverine orbit (is that what it is called?). Since post passing is easy on Deadpool, ski jump passes are useful. If you play like me, the sheer joy of gripping and ripping Deadpool is hard to pass up. @punkin’s TNA would probably take all my weed money and leave me blaming my eyesight or sore hands for my diminished skill set.

IMG_8834 (resized).jpegIMG_8834 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#15043 7 months ago
Quoted from badfish981:

Hey everyone, hopefully be getting my Deadpool soon! I saw the key post on the katana guide protective measures…..is there any other areas that need additional protection?

Dial down your trough eject power down it is set way too high and will beat up your shooter lane quickly. Set it as low as you can while still ejecting the ball 100% of the time. Start low and work your way up. I put a small section of Mylar down in the shooter lane as well, right where the ball ejects. You can sort of see it on my Iron Maiden.

IMG_8711 (resized).jpegIMG_8711 (resized).jpeg

IMG_8611 (resized).jpegIMG_8611 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#15162 6 months ago
Quoted from tk375:

August 11 2023. Mine came with the DEAD POOL target issue but only took me 8 min. to fix. My only issue now is ball is not locking on Katana. Looks like a post issue, not sure. This is what I see when it's supposed to lock the ball. I would think this would look it. (Sorry for the bad pic, took it this morning before leaving). I Just goot better video. The Ball is jumping over the post. I am 100% it's too short.
[quoted image]

For all those with post envy here is how the proper post looks. Size matters

IMG_9652 (resized).jpegIMG_9652 (resized).jpeg
#15165 6 months ago
Quoted from itshowtime:

Can anyone recommend who makes a set of red transparent plastic protectors for deadpool ...just did transparent green on my godzilla and they really make the game pop ....not looking to do the hole game ....godzilla I was able to buy a set of 15

I did the Clip set purchased from Mezel Mods, I haven’t install them all yet. They do add to the glow of the game, but nothing beats the green glow on Godzilla. It appears that they only have the Pro set in stock.

https://mezelmods.com/products/clip-protector-set-deadpool-pinball

71281413310__6E58A1D9-B037-463B-B719-8D9808BAB50E (resized).jpeg71281413310__6E58A1D9-B037-463B-B719-8D9808BAB50E (resized).jpegIMG_9657 (resized).jpegIMG_9657 (resized).jpeg
#15172 6 months ago
Quoted from Danno386:

Well dang, I have a short one.

1 month later
#15423 4 months ago

Hitting the snnnkkt shot always makes me smile! So satisfying to hit.

#15425 4 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

MkIV skill shot is my fave, but the snikt is a close second.
Do a vid of that for those new owners.

That is a great idea. I’ll see if I can make it happen tonight! The ball gets going so fast on that skill shot sometimes I don’t know if I have hit it until I see Deadpool slicing up ninjas, it is amazing.

2 months later
#15904 75 days ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Disco multi ball on my pro is dark

I put Comet spotlights on my Pro’s slings to brighten up the middle of the playfield. I love playing Deadpool in the dark, especially Disco Multi-ball! Every-time I start it I hear Bane’s voice in my head.

1 week later
#15934 66 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

MkIV skill shot is my fave, but the snikt is a close second.
Do a vid of that for those new owners.

Sorry it took me so long to put this together...I got waylaid, delayed, and belayed by the holidays and a lack of skill. Seriously, I developed a pinball block and couldn't hit the MXV Skill Shot to save my life. Here are the four skills shots of Deadpool as listed on IC.

#15936 66 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Got a feeling you can hit the orbit twice and then hit the katana too for a super duper secret skill shot. Pretty sure we found it by accident one night.
If not it should be.

Damn!!!! Now I need to see if I can make that shot, and catch it on camera. If I do hit it on camera I will update the video. The Punkin Super Duper Skill Shot!
-Lb

2 weeks later
#16017 46 days ago
Quoted from VinnyBlanc:

Are you using stock rubbers? I have titans and the loop passes almost leave the left flipper with too much velocity. Going to give the low bounce titans a try….

Here is my very un-scientific video, comparing Stern Standard Black Rubber, Titan Low Bounce, and Titan Comp while loop passing. Sorry I didn’t test Superbands and I only swapped out the left flipper.

#16019 46 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

Wish i had that sexy voice.
The girlies would be all over me.

You made me choke on my drink!

1 week later
#16052 37 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

We've just seen a fair few posts where people were bitching about the risk of this shot, so i spose it's reasonable that people don't get to see it.
Like i said at the start of that, I play for fun.

punkin I just saw the your Lil’ Deadpool posts and ran downstairs to play three games before bed trying to speed run Lil’ DP Bounce…I had a freaking amazing time! I enjoyed every minute of it. I made it to Bounce once but drained immediately. I can’t wait to make another speed run tomorrow after league. Thank you for sharing!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SirMachismo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=SirMachismo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.