(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 10,897 posts
  • 771 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by awesome1
  • Topic is favorited by 389 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7CA82126-AB2C-4E55-BA96-73E708F85C8E (resized).jpeg
15CAF30B-D1AC-48FD-BAC5-D537DDB91E7D (resized).jpeg
2F03EA73-8986-4407-BCB2-55FCFF257C3F (resized).jpeg
dp15 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_0812 (resized).JPG
DSCF9869[1] (resized).jpg
2B8C3876-F7C2-4CF9-91DD-70791C7A8FC7 (resized).png
DP Glass (resized).jpg
PXL_20211016_172746132 (resized).jpg
20211015_180728.jpg
20211015_180618.jpg
20211015_180218.jpg
dp snikt (resized).jpg
PXL_20211014_001237201~2 (resized).jpg
Deadpool 1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

38 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (3 years ago)

Post #270 Troubleshooting the Katana ramp shot Posted by chuckcasey (3 years ago)

Post #385 Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (3 years ago)

Post #414 Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (3 years ago)

Post #544 Post Rubbers wearing Posted by HighProtein (3 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (3 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (3 years ago)

Post #725 External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (3 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (3 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rum-Z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1843 2 years ago

I played this pin (a DP LE) at Pinball Pete's in Ann Arbor on Saturday. It was the first time I've ever played any model of DP and seen it in person. I gotta tell you, I LOVED IT! I can't believe this pin doesn't have more fanfare surrounding it. Playing a 90's era fighting game while you're playing pinball was very fresh feeling and unlike anything else in pinball I've played, and I dug Gomez's non-traditional playfield layout. The humor of the game was also a breath of fresh air, and what's there to say about the art other than it's spectacular! DP solidly landed on my "want to buy" list. I dug the LE features, so I'll be looking for a Premium down the road.

2 years later
#9720 4 months ago

Welp, I'm sorta joining your club. I signed up for a DP Premium from the upcoming December run. Man, that sounds a long way off. I was trying to decide between DP Premium, Elvira HOH, or JP Premium. I'm afraid that DP being introduced in 2018 might be coming up on the end of it's run quicker than the other two titles, and darn it, I simply just enjoy the heck out of playing DP whenever I get the chance to. It just seems to have this special magic combination of art, sounds, LCD graphics, humor, rules, and playfield layout, that really work for me. I've never seen the Premium artwork in real life, I guess by next Spring (if schedules hold out) that will no longer be the case.

1 month later
#10093 3 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Order for Premium in!!! Just have to play the waiting game now

Me too. Welcome to the waiting room

1 month later
#10372 64 days ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Chimichanga time!
I made a Deadpool pinball shirt.
Let me know if you’re interested.

Those folks in the sweatshirts look really happy.

1 month later
#10793 12 days ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

How confident is everyone feeling about getting there machine this January for all those who ordered one?

Not too confident here.

1 week later
#10865 3 days ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Where did the washer go?

I'm understanding it as EternitytoM83 is saying that during the assembly process at Stern, an assembler simply forgot to install the washer. It can happen. I keep a bunch of miscellaneous screws, washers, and nuts in my pin workshop just in case I drop and lose one when working on a pin, or in case I need extras (I always need extras for some reason).

#10873 2 days ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Is it recommended to loosen the bolts on the front legs to help with nudging, or is that bad for the machine? I have mine tight, and the machine barely moves when I try to nudge it.

I wouldn't recommend that, not specifically because it might be bad for the machine (it probably wouldn't as long as leg bolts were tight), but because loose leg levelers (from my experience), tend to rotate out of place over time, slowly changing your machine's leveling. I go through a lot of trouble leveling my machines, so I need to lock the levelers down with their jam nuts to lock that level in.

With practice I find a nice sharp nudge perfectly timed when the ball is in contact with whatever playfield feature you choose, is sufficient enough to change the rebound trajectory of the ball enough to make it go where I want it to (i.e. not the drains). There's quite a bit of flex available in the length of the legs, even though it may not seem like it. Sometimes I can get a little over zealous and slightly slide the front of the machine with a nudge, though that is not my intent.

#10877 2 days ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

If you mean "loosen the two bolts that hold each of the two front legs on" - no. Don't do that.

I'm pretty sure he means just leave the leg levelers loose and not jam nutted.

#10880 2 days ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I never jam my nuts. Just not worth it.

My leveling legs rotate if I don't do it. Maybe I'm a tad more violent than I thought

#10881 2 days ago

Ah, yes I see in his reply above. Yeah, no. Don't do that.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rum-Z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside