(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rum-Z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1843 5 years ago

I played this pin (a DP LE) at Pinball Pete's in Ann Arbor on Saturday. It was the first time I've ever played any model of DP and seen it in person. I gotta tell you, I LOVED IT! I can't believe this pin doesn't have more fanfare surrounding it. Playing a 90's era fighting game while you're playing pinball was very fresh feeling and unlike anything else in pinball I've played, and I dug Gomez's non-traditional playfield layout. The humor of the game was also a breath of fresh air, and what's there to say about the art other than it's spectacular! DP solidly landed on my "want to buy" list. I dug the LE features, so I'll be looking for a Premium down the road.

2 years later
#9720 2 years ago

Welp, I'm sorta joining your club. I signed up for a DP Premium from the upcoming December run. Man, that sounds a long way off. I was trying to decide between DP Premium, Elvira HOH, or JP Premium. I'm afraid that DP being introduced in 2018 might be coming up on the end of it's run quicker than the other two titles, and darn it, I simply just enjoy the heck out of playing DP whenever I get the chance to. It just seems to have this special magic combination of art, sounds, LCD graphics, humor, rules, and playfield layout, that really work for me. I've never seen the Premium artwork in real life, I guess by next Spring (if schedules hold out) that will no longer be the case.

1 month later
#10093 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Order for Premium in!!! Just have to play the waiting game now

Me too. Welcome to the waiting room

1 month later
#10372 2 years ago
Quoted from webdiddy:

Chimichanga time!
I made a Deadpool pinball shirt.
Let me know if you’re interested.

Those folks in the sweatshirts look really happy.

1 month later
#10793 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

How confident is everyone feeling about getting there machine this January for all those who ordered one?

Not too confident here.

1 week later
#10865 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Where did the washer go?

I'm understanding it as EternitytoM83 is saying that during the assembly process at Stern, an assembler simply forgot to install the washer. It can happen. I keep a bunch of miscellaneous screws, washers, and nuts in my pin workshop just in case I drop and lose one when working on a pin, or in case I need extras (I always need extras for some reason).

#10873 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Is it recommended to loosen the bolts on the front legs to help with nudging, or is that bad for the machine? I have mine tight, and the machine barely moves when I try to nudge it.

I wouldn't recommend that, not specifically because it might be bad for the machine (it probably wouldn't as long as leg bolts were tight), but because loose leg levelers (from my experience), tend to rotate out of place over time, slowly changing your machine's leveling. I go through a lot of trouble leveling my machines, so I need to lock the levelers down with their jam nuts to lock that level in.

With practice I find a nice sharp nudge perfectly timed when the ball is in contact with whatever playfield feature you choose, is sufficient enough to change the rebound trajectory of the ball enough to make it go where I want it to (i.e. not the drains). There's quite a bit of flex available in the length of the legs, even though it may not seem like it. Sometimes I can get a little over zealous and slightly slide the front of the machine with a nudge, though that is not my intent.

#10877 2 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

If you mean "loosen the two bolts that hold each of the two front legs on" - no. Don't do that.

I'm pretty sure he means just leave the leg levelers loose and not jam nutted.

#10880 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I never jam my nuts. Just not worth it.

My leveling legs rotate if I don't do it. Maybe I'm a tad more violent than I thought

#10881 2 years ago

Ah, yes I see in his reply above. Yeah, no. Don't do that.

#10902 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

December run is pushed off to February as of now. Just got word from one that would absolutely know.

Great. Had my order for a DP Premium since June.

#10944 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I'm taking delivery on next year.

Me too! I wasn't a big fan of the Premium art, but in Cary Hardy's recent Expo video, the colors on that Premium really popped more than I've ever seen in any pictures. The blues looked really vibrant, and I was like "Wow, that looks way better than I've ever seen, I love it". What did you think of the Premium art in real life?

2 weeks later
#11092 2 years ago

Hello Deadpool owners (and hopeful future owners). In anticipation of getting my long ordered Deadpool Premium sometime before I'm deceased, I've been accumulating things I want to install when it arrives, and right now I'm looking for plastic protectors.

I'd like a more complete set of plastic protectors than just the typical 4 piece slingshot and return lane set, but I'm having trouble finding a more complete set. It appears that the Playfield Protector Company may be the only place a full (or almost full) set is available. Am I right, or am I missing another source?

Thanks in advance for any information.

#11095 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but just trying to help. He is also a great pinsider, contributor, and a nice guy.

Thanks for posting this. I was unaware of maffewl's mods. He's got a bunch of cool mods for a lot of different machines.

#11101 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

It's 20 separate pieces for the CLiP set

Cool, thank you! I swear I looked at Mezelmods, but somehow I must've overlooked this set. I like it!

1 week later
#11225 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Found out today August 2022 it is for the Prem =( ....its ok, 2022 will fly as quickly as 2021 did

Ugh... for all Premiums? Including the one I've had on order since June 3rd 2021?

#11227 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Dont know, all he said was "to the August Premium production"...so either the whole line or I didnt make the cut. I did order end of September.

I'm afraid to call Cointaker and ask. Maybe I don't wanna know.

#11249 2 years ago
Quoted from pch3727:

I've heard from two different distributors that all Deadpools are pushed to late Summer 2022.

Yeah, verified August 2022 for me. Now I gotta try not to accidentally die for a lot of months in order to enjoy this game. That's a lot of looking both ways before crossing the street and stuff.

1 week later
#11300 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

If we have to wait until summer for our games that will give Stern time to fix the katana ramp digging into the playfield

I have a feeling they won't. It would be nice to be wrong.

#11310 2 years ago

I plan on it. I've added washers to all my NIB Sterns ball guides since Pooling became a thing. Cheap and easy insurance. Too bad we gotta do it though.

1 month later
#11568 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Crazy, when I contacted Stern they said they do not provide single plastics, I'd have to purchase a full set.

I messed up a plastic on a TMNT Pro recently, and had to buy an entire set. I try to get full sets of plastic protectors to protect as many plastics as I can, but I was fixing something with super glue, and accidentally had a drop of super glue land on the top of a plastic. Oops. So I just bought the whole set. Maybe I can trade or sell some of the plastics later when people are restoring TMNTs in 10-20 years, LOL.

2 weeks later
#11754 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I don’t think they completed the entire run, just whatever amount they could squeeze in. Same thing happened with Mando prems.

No they did not complete the run, as I'm still waiting for my DP Premium (on order since June 3rd). Hopefully maybe they can keep squeezing more and more in before July/August, as that's a loooong time to wait.

#11757 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Weird you didn't get in having ordered beginning of June. It does sound like people who have ordered up to beginning of October so far from those chiming in have been receiving the game.

Yeah, right. Maybe it's my distributor, I dunno. My order is with Cointaker. Has anyone received a DP Premium from this latest surprise run from Cointaker? I haven't seen anyone mention it.

3 weeks later
#12128 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Thanks!
Yeah I adjusted it twice tonight… I center it, and 10 plays later, this…

Just an FYI with my experience with the Stern target brackets. Even when I use them, I often find that the clearances within the different blades and spacers of the target assembly will allow the target to lean over a little bit. When this happens, I just go under the playfield and loosen the target mount bracket enough to get a shim under the side of the target away from the the lean (to stand it back up straight - in your case the side of the Snikt target closest to the front of the playfield), then I space the target back to level. After I've done this to targets, they pretty much stay level from then on.

I don't know if that helps you, but maybe it will. I had to do this to my SW and ACDC targets (and others). If it does help, and you end up keeping your DP, it'll be well worth it.

#12133 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

thanks everyone. will consider all these suggestions! appreciate the messages.

I was thinking about that last night, just need to find a shim small enough to fit there, what kind of material did you find worked better? a small piece of wood?

I have access to some plastic shim stock sets from McMaster-Carr through my workplace, so I just used one of those plastic shims and cut a small piece to fit. However, what Fooflighter mentioned works too, and from what I remember a #8 washer used as a shim under an edge of the bracket works good too. A #6 or #10 washer may also do the trick.

2 months later
#12442 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

I couldnt find the plastic by itself. Ended up buying the full plastic kit to get that one part.

Yeah, I'm sure that's how it works. It's too bad Stern couldn't just throw that extra apron piece in the goody bag.

#12494 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Conspiracy Theory: Stern Pinball originally planned to put additional modes and/or assets into the Deadpool Pinball machine.

I don't think it's a conspiracy, I think it's fact, as I swear I heard in an interview with George Gomez that they planned on at least a couple more battles, but things were getting so complicated code-wise, they had to trim it back to a more reasonable level.

#12553 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Okay so here’s my final tweak with the right apron decal for people receiving premiums with factory installed insider connect.

Yeah, I'm in too.

#12554 1 year ago

Hey, as long as I'm in here, does anyone make a full plastic protector set that they'd recommend? I want more than the slingshot and inlane plastics protected.

I should be getting my long awaited DP Premium soon, and this is about the last thing I need.

Thanks in advance.

#12557 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:Could send a set over with an apron plastic, red or clear is all I have seen used on Deadpool but the choice is yours

Cool, I sent you a PM to discuss.

Thank you.

2 weeks later
#12866 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I love the physical portal locks on AIQ... need a breather every now and then with long game times.

I just need time to drink beer in between the action, so a pause in any game is welcome every now and then.

2 weeks later
#13209 1 year ago

You guys experiencing Stern drops bricking, I experienced it too on my ACDC Luci and my Walking Dead (Iron Maiden, oddly.. not so much), and I made it a lot better on the ACDC and Walking Dead by doing two things you're free to try:

1.) I unhooked the bottom of the spring that pulls the drop targets down, and I pulled the spring a little tighter, then I hooked a portion of the spring about 3/4 of the way down the spring, increasing spring pressure. This helped pull down the drop targets a little more forcefully.

2.) I went under the playfield, and loosened the drop target assembly bracket, then I put shims under the rear of the bracket only (the opposite side from which the balls hit the drops). The shims were about .020" thick or so. Why did I do this? If you look at the face of the Stern drops, it's angled to prevent air balls (thicker at the top). In theory, this is a good idea. However, I think that when a fast ball squarely hits the drop target, the angled face of the drop rides up surface of the ball as the ball and the drop are both heading towards the rear of the slot in the playfield that the drop target is extending through. The force of the ball will force the drop and the ball against the rear of the slot, or against the washer and screw retaining the drop target, all the while the angled face of the target is supported by the ball, which is preventing the drop target from falling. The target and ball then rebounds at a rapid pace while still pressed together, and the drop target just magically sets right back down on the support shelf, leaving you to wonder what the heck happened. Tilting the entire drop target assembly back away from the ball strike direction, lessens the drop target's angled face, which helps it drop when the ball is pressed hard against it. You'll probably still have an occasional brick, but it won't be as bad, at least in my experience. Double check the leveling of the top of the drops to the playfield surface and level as required when you're done with this.

Your mileage may vary, but hey, give it a shot.

Jeff R.

6 months later
#14442 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

My little DP has a bit of a rubberneck. Seems to always want to turn his head and try to catch off my score. Any solution to keep the little bugger looking forward? Glue the spring inside his cavity?

I had this issue with Sparky on Metallica. I got tired of rotating his head back to looking straight, so I shot some hot glue into the spring pocket in the bottom of his head. This secured his head great, and I haven't had to tweak his head position in 4 years since I've done it. I imagine Lil' Deadpool's head is the same construction-wise.

11 months later
#15657 5 months ago

I just took delivery of a Deadpool Premium, and I documented my factory Snikt target placement before any play, and this was it.20231123_214057 (resized).jpg20231123_214057 (resized).jpg

20231123_214045 (resized).jpg20231123_214045 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rum-Z.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=Rum-Z and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.