(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin_Fandango.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9106 3 years ago

thinking of getting a NIB premium, any premium owners here? is the premium worth it if you had to do it again?

#9111 3 years ago

do you guys know if they are making more premiums?

#9127 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Sure down there but i havent heard any talk of a new batch hitting Canada yet. I know P1 is out of stock on most titles

I was told November for Premium stock at P1

#9130 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I was told March or April for DP Pro back in December so who knows anymore.

I am not sure about the pro but I asked for premium 2 days ago, if the new title is not something I want I will get a premium.

4 weeks later
#9448 2 years ago

PRO or Premium?

I am really having a hard time justifying the premium

#9459 2 years ago

yeah, I am a sucker for a good orbit.

4 weeks later
#9852 2 years ago

I am not sure if I had posted this here or not, but came in and noticed people asking the same question I had asked : pro vs prem.

I did play the pro a few times and enjoyed it a lot both times, great callouts and a great fun pinball experience... so I ordered a Premium because I love orbits that come back to the flippers either by ramp or just on the pf.

Looking forward to it!

4 months later
#11016 2 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

This is intriguing. I asked my dist last week and he told me the opposite. He said he was informed all December DP Prems had moved to 2022. Hard to tell what's going on. It would be a fun roller coaster ride if $1300 wasn't riding on which side of the date line they landed on.

Quoted from RobF:

This is intriguing. I asked my dist last week and he told me the opposite. He said he was informed all December DP Prems had moved to 2022. Hard to tell what's going on. It would be a fun roller coaster ride if $1300 wasn't riding on which side of the date line they landed on.

Not what I heard in my side of town, so watch out for distros trying to get you thinking otherwise maybe? holding off delivery to gauge you the extra cost in Jan.

#11018 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Oh man, that would be really shitty practice. I mean, even if they try, at least the manufacturing date on the machine would say otherwise. It would be hard for them to explain selling and delivering post January when build date would be Dec.
Either way info seems to be kinda random from what I've been reading here. Dealer selling me mine mentioned December a couple of weeks ago and havent heard back, so I'll just wait. Think if even he pushes it back, I'll hold till end of the year at least to see whats going on if others receive their machines.

yeah, it might be far fetched. I think that in reality the simply do not know. I suspect the only title coming out next in GZ PREM and Deadpool as originally scheduled. They just made Iron Maiden, which I believe was Sept and I got one and it is home already so deadpool in dec is not unrealistic.

#11049 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

If cleaning didn’t work, lift the playfield check all the connections and test it in switch mode to confirm it needs replacing.

beyond this point, gotta check continuity at the board maybe? perhaps the opto is bad or another component on the board failed. I guess all of this would be rare.

First, as it was said already, check all the connections at the bank and also check in the manual to check the corresponding connector at the node.

#11051 2 years ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Put a deposit down on a Pro. Can't wait to get this game. One distributor still thinks we'll see a premium and pro run before year end. Another told me that pros probably wouldn't be here until next summer! Hopefully it's the former.

Next run is premium and is scheduled for December, so it might be, maybe a chance for pros... but Premiums are scheduled for Dec as per my last comms with my dsitro.

#11072 2 years ago

I am hoping to get my DP as promised in Dec.
Wondering if the issues of the first runs are resolved? Ball guides digging up the artwork and the snikt shot bending over?...
Are these things still around or a thing of the past now?

I did notice that Stern is using a new ball guide design in games as of this year (cut outs in specific sections to prevent damage) but since I have not seen a newer DP... just wondering.

#11119 2 years ago
Quoted from WolfWeb:

I've never liked the factory Katana handle on my Deadpool Premium so decided to change it. First I purchased the Mezel Mods handle and found it very badly printed, too bulky and just plain fugly, it's junk. Then I got one from Pinside user Lucxor and now am very happy with it. I've included a few photos comparing the three, a close up of the terrible 3d printing of the Mezal mods one and a close up of Lucxors.
From left to right, Mezel mods, Lucxor and factory.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

the middle one looks awesome. how much?

#11131 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I think I kind of get what he is saying - I haven't played Godzilla yet but I own Iron Maiden and Avengers, and I also hired Jurassic Park for a few weeks. Elwin's games are impeccably designed and shoot incredibly well, but the feel of each one is really quite similar. I've said this before - I know the different designers all stamp their own "individual feel" over machines, but something about Elwin's design and the way his machines shoot make his games a little more "samey" than usual (they are all still absolutely brilliant btw).
Deadpool's layout is somewhat unique and really does feel different to other machines out there. I think it's the best Stern I've played - Iron Maiden is damn close (I still think it's Elwin's best) and I would also really like to try Elvira, but it would have to be VERY special to beat DP. Something else I've said before - you can just tell the folks who worked on this game were really passionate about it - it all oozes out from the game from the art to the shots to the sound package. As Deadpool says - I think everyone put in "maximum effort".

I agree with this.
I had Aiq and Elvira, both long gone now and in my opinionc aiq is Elwin’s worst.
Elvira is overhyped and a ver easy pin to beat, in a small collection like mine it got old very quick, a lot of stop and go and the movie scenes get very repetitive after a few hundred games. Avengers is a good shooter with terribly awful callouts and music, the rules feel like homework, lacks personality.
Happy to have owned, but happier that they are gone.

#11136 2 years ago

any word on December delivery yet? has anybody reached out to their distros in the last few days?

#11142 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Still don't know about bothering my distro. Mid October he still said for December

thanks everyone.

#11153 2 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

All new builds after Insider announcement come with IC installed. Every Godzilla has one, and all other games on the line other than Mandolin are being built and shipped with them.

This is incorrect. Games produced this year, - after the IC announcement - are being built without, unless they are delivered in 2022.
Games delivered in 2022 will have IC and the price increase seen in GZ
Godzilla is the exemption for games produced this year with IC.

Recently produced Iron Maiden, in Sept this year, does not have IC, for example.

#11155 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

So after GZ came out, prices on Stern websites had two options for previous machines. They had the original price, and IC added price option. These are pre GZ price bump. Think they covered the possibilities between a distributor having existing stock vs them building machines before the new year. But any older machine built by Stern in the last quarter would have the IC added option built in. When I reserved my DP Prem from my distributor, the price he gave me for it, which he got from Stern in October, was 8099.
The Maiden produced in September might have been the last machine before they adoped the IC hardware completely. They might have reserved all their IC parts for the GZ builds, then integrate them afterwards to any future machines as they get parts available.

It has been confirmed in multiple threads, and with multiple distros including here in CA, not just this one, the price increase affects games made and delivered in 2022. Anything else will have the old pricing except GZ.

#11157 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Oh sorry, meant to say that my reservation is for December build of premium, and that it comes with the old price plus the tacked on IC addon.
I know the 2022 pricing, was just commenting that November /December builds of pre GZ games will have IC kits included

Same here. I have one coming, supposedly next month. I am hoping it materializes.
Mine without IC though, but if it has it, at the old price, then sure.

#11167 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

There is a Mando Premium run coming too. It moved from October to December.

I have one due in December too. However, if you do get a December build, it will have IC. All builds now are including the IC - the recent deliveries of JP Premium to a few folks in the JP thread have the IC integrated. The full price increase won't occur until January which is why I am hoping that my DP and Mando December deliveries stick. Not holding my breath though.

we are all hoping for the best, I hope it happens!

#11200 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Struggle fest doing the new update.
I’m trying the usb method on sterns read me.
I downloaded .zip.
I unzipped it and it made two .spk files.
I copied them to a fat32 usb stick and got it setup in menu to update. And it gets to a certain 578 mb of 2,xxx mb and fails the unpack.
What’s wrong with me? I’m usually real decent at this shit.
[quoted image]
EDIT- got er done!! with help from a nice Pinsider

These partial updates are buggy. Never work well even when they are completed, missing features, bad audits, lots of bugs.

I just flash the card, takes 1/4 of the time and it is bullet proof

#11217 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Some people want to keep their personal adjustments and high scores. A full update and verify using the usb works well for us every time.

keeping your scores is as easy as dumping your audits into a USB before flashing the card.
It is part of the utilities within the service menu and takes a second.

#11219 2 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

My front levelers are all the way down, and the rear ones still have a couple threads showing on the topside.

those are rookie numbers. lol
lol add a couple pulleys on the ceiling and do a 90 degree pitch!

1 week later
#11308 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I have a feeling they won't. It would be nice to be wrong.

add a washer!

#11337 2 years ago
Quoted from Gustrix:

I have the same issue! Got my game nib in may 2021! Any help would be appreciated

following and thinking: could this be related to a grounding issue?
My first test would be to make sure the board is grounded, and so is the DC power supply. I would check that that ground is connected securely from the DC to the board on the lower right corner of the head, then make sure the power supply is properly grounded at the AC connection. Removing the cover is necessary to check this (2 screws), make sure you unplug the game off the wall socket.

#11342 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

My insert lights will on occasion go wonky with flipper use. It's random but I've recently noticed it and when it does happen it's pretty irritating. Has anyone experienced this? The game plays rock solid still. Never noticed it with the previous code though...
Edit: for example, inserts that are not supposed to be lit will sometimes light and inserts that should be lit go out. A flipp of the flippers will fix it or make it happen again. When it does happen, the flippers seem to control the problem but it doesn't happen often enough to really peg it down

that sounds like intermittent contact/continuity. I have that happen in the GI often in my iron maiden, but often replacing the bulbs for a better one solves the issue. In your case, if it is not the GI then one of the cables that drives the power to the boards is getting loose/vibrating when you use the flippers. Maybe just replacing the connector that drivers power, literally replacing the molex connector, might solve your issue. If it persist maybe the soldering the point at the connector/board is fractures (this is common in a 90s game for example). To fix those I vacuum the old solder off and redo all the connector to make them look factory again (no hacks, no bad reflowing, no flux mess).

#11359 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Standard microswitch. Marcos/pinballlife/etc should have them. You can swap the actuator if you can't find the exact same one on one of the websites.

definitely always keep the actuator. do not throw it out, desolder and solder on the new one. Also buy yourself a few switches when ordering the new one. You can also try DigiKey or mouser to get the part rather than a pinball store.... maybe.

#11366 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Question for folks who installed the katana ramp cliffy. I have a set coming. My katana ramp is sitting on the clearcoat. For install im assuming i need to loosen that up and place cliffy in? Do i then tighten it back down to lay on cliffy or let it sit slightly above the playfield?

a 0.05 cent washer does the job just as well and it is not as ugly nor oversized.

4 weeks later
#11508 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

FWIW and to confirm what others said, my distributor heard from Stern that the next Prem run is scheduled for August.

Incredible how we continue to get screwed by distributors and Stern changing pricing after putting a deposit 8+ months ago.
Here I am like a sucker will most likely bend over.
Strange times really! This is a weird hobby to be in, I got into it 1 year ago and holly cow, I dont think I would ever consider it if I was just starting now.
Soon to be a rich person hobby. It is a bit sad.

#11512 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yeah, that shit is illegal here. Take a deposit with an invoice price, that's the price. I feel really bad for everyone on the waiting list (i'm on one here for Elvira) but sadly i believe it's not a priority for them and the license will expire before they do the run.
Bet you don't get interest on your deposit either.

They have had my money hostage for over 8 months now. No interest on it.
I will be complaining over the phone lately with my distro, they need some true soup for lunch.

#11517 2 years ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

You know the distributors are just as frustrated and annoyed as you are right? You're buying a pin from Stern, the distributor is just a middle man.
All price increases come from Stern. All delays come from Stern. Why should the distributor take a hit just because a deposit was put down before a price increase from Stern? Should they be penalized for problems caused by the manufacturer?
You aren't actually putting a deposit down for a machine, you are putting down a deposit for a spot in the queue for whatever allotment of machines that distributor is getting at whatever price Stern is asking at the time of delivery.
I'm not saying all this isn't annoying or aggravating, I'm saying direct the ire at who is actually responsible for the delays and price increases. Not that it would do any good since it's all about supply and demand for toys

No sorry, you are looking at it the wrong way.
If I buy a vehicle I dont go screaming at the factory. I can only complain with the person I am doing business with. This middleman can then suffer with me so it can pass on the message accoordingly.
The middleman choses to make $ by reselling a product, where it comes from and the intricacies of their contracts in between the manufacturer and the middleman are not a concern to me. The fact that we know, as the consumer, too much about it it is just a nuance of the hobby.
Why do I have to think about the distro? This aint a pro bono organization, they are making money through me.
Respect your clientele.

#11535 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Not quite that either - they have 2 statements in the email, the first being:
"All Stern Pinball games manufactured from 13th September 2021 to 31st December 2021 (including back ordered games) will incur a AU$300 (including GST) price increase above your original quoted price to accommodate for the inclusion of the Stern Insider Connected feature."
So, they have one statement that you have to pay extra for insider connect, and another stating you have to incur the Stern machine price increases.
I don't mind having to shoulder this price increase - I kind of saw it coming. But what will tick me off a little (understatement) is incurring a second one because of a monumental delay - that's not really on.

Price gouging. What parts in the pinball machine have increased in cost?
Yes microchips have, but spike ii is cheap to make. Probably less than $50 per board.

Spike II was designed to reduce wiring and the overall cost , instead of being cheaper from Sam—>Spike1–>2 the machines got more expensive.
More price gouging.

The cabinets are subpar, no silkscreen pf or cabinets. Nothing. Poor build quality although faithful to the williams design unlike spooky that uses pocket holes to build cabs (yuk!)

But we continue to throw money at Stern. They do make the most fun pinball machines! They have a formula and they are lining their pockets.

CGC build quality is better, their games are cheaper and have more and better toys. Stern gives you flat plastics but better flippers and code.

Weird hobby this one.
The party will end eventually but for now seems like the only way is $ up

1 week later
#11648 2 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

once you see it you can't unsee it. the chimmi looks like a VAG.

I noticed this first thing. Getting dp next in a premium and will try to ignore the vagichanga

1 week later
#11742 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Congrats! It is meant to come with Insider Connect. Please post up some photos of what the connect apron looks like.

This is from the last run in December?...

#11743 2 years ago

What is up with people receiving their premium when some of us had deposits since March and we were told it was cancelled?
Looks like I really need a new distro.... ???

#11745 2 years ago

Very strange. I am not impressed by my distributor at the moment. I Hope I get good news soon... otherwise I will be pissed.

#11769 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think you guys are crazy if you’re not seeing the additions of a premium being worth it. The left loop shot on the premium is just as, if not more, satisfying than the katana ramp or snikT shots. It is such a fun shot. The alternative is it going into the pops EVERY time - no thanks.
The drops are actually fantastically coded on this game and create a lot of randomness. Sometimes your hitting drop targets, other times your aiming for a specific drop but because others are in the down position you’re getting wild bounces from a rubber or rubber/drop shot.

the orbit shot was enough for me to justify it. I am typically not keen on a premium unless it makes the game more fun (not slower or stop and go like some premiums do). I think this game is a premium

#11798 2 years ago

I like to dial in games before anything. Some times you find big issues in nib games so spending hours adding mods makes no sense to me.
A friend just got a nib rush and all flipper assys were overtorqued, assys came off with chunks of wood and needs a pf swap.
Distro is taking care of it.

All that to say I am not doing anything on a game until about it is 200+ plays on it

#11811 2 years ago

Happy to see the changes. I have noticed this on a lot of games.
I have also submitted a lot of info and pictures to them directly when my games had issues with this and they mentioned they were looking into it - not obviously because of me - all that to say I qm glad to see it.

#11822 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I guess I got a new build but older playfield before they changed the artwork under certain rails
[quoted image][quoted image]

good to know, thanks. pro or premium?

#11834 2 years ago

This is a much nicer solution than actually what Stern did by putting on the top. Get that shite off the apron Stern please!

#11839 2 years ago

Gotta admit the ruin the aprons in the games. Nobody wants to stare at that poece of crap insider connect.
Defeats the purpose of the upgraded metal apron in the case of a premium game.
Horrible design choice

#11842 2 years ago

when I get mine, I am willing to trade for a regular APRON without insider connect. Yes you heard me right, if you want insider connect and I will give you mine.
I dont give one crap about it and prefer the game to not have it.

#11853 2 years ago

Getting my DP tomorrow after the longest wait!

#11903 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Reminder/PSA for new premium owners: I haven't seen this mentioned again recently. There should be mylar on the playfield where the disco loop ramp drops onto the playfield (right side of the orbit, just beyond the shooter lane).
Previously some machines would be missing that mylar and the ramp will dig into the playfield without it. (My June build didn't have it, but others did.) It's worth checking to make sure yours has it, and if not just add a small strip of mylar there. Easy 30sec fix that can prevent a lot of wear/damage.
Edit: typos

ok, I just got my machine and going to add mylar here, could you add a picture showing exactly where is the correct location. I do not do well with instructions written like this. If you could please and thanks.
Is this the ramp that goes up/down? is this what you are referring to?

#11907 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Where this ramp meets this playfield when its lowered. You'll notice a white line where mine had already begun to wear before I even played a single ball - it presumably happened during QA testing.
Ignore the other gunk, I went a bit overboard the last time I waxed the playfield
[quoted image]

thank you. will do.

How are the rest of the ball guides holding up for the new owners? mine got the updated PF with no art under any guide so wonderig if it is worth adding washers.
It will require a lot of disassembly and if it can be avoided, it would be nice.

#11915 2 years ago

Can someone confirm please where exactly on the wolverine guide u put the washer in?

The guide has 3 points there? Should I put washers on all points or is there a particular one?

#11917 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

My left katana ramp and right katana guide are holding up well with no playfield damage, both have washers under them. In fact, the right katana guide is buttery smooth when I nail that shot.
My Wolverine guide arrived already dug into the playfield. Looks like they tightened it too much at the factory, and I feared that removing it to place a washer would only chip or lift the clear and paint. Left it as-is and no further wear in that area.

Very common.
Just add the washers anyway is my opinion. Better to remove contact than to leave it.

I played a few games in my DP premium. Plays perfect out of the box. Good job Stern.
The PF, have a few flaws on the clear, i have noticed in a lot of games, it looks like little bumps trapped under the PF.
Nothing major.

Great game, I can see how this fits into any collection, simple rules and fun shots. Great for novices and more advanced players.
I can see why people like it. Music and callouts, all superb.

I can see DP staying here a long time.

What pitch are you guy setting the table at. It does not seem to follow the usual angle I set up all my other ones. I have a system that consists of turning the back levelers about 14 full revolutions and that gives always 6.8 degrees, but here I am getting 7.4.

The bubble is al the way up, so something is different about this one.

What do you guys have it at?

#11923 2 years ago

Are there any issues with the left ramp ramp under the katana ramp? anything to address there by means of washers, etc?
haha
I am obsessed !!

#11929 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Are you referring to the ramp that feeds the katana lock, or the ramp that feeds the left flipper? No issues with the former that I’m aware of.
There are concerns about the later digging into the playfield. I believe there’s a sticky post showing how to remove it and install washers. It’s quite easy, just be careful not to pull too far out due to the attached wires.

You got me all confusee with the former ans the later.
Referring to the one that feeds the flipper. No issues there??

I have played close to 50 games now and see a little little dust at the guide that feeds the katana. Noting at wolverine.

Might try the plastic washer approach but looking good so far

#11981 2 years ago

Hey everyone,
Anybody with pics showing where the washers for the wolverine guide go?
Or is it everywhere on the guide?

I have also had a chance to inspect 2 other dps and they all show slight wear by the base of the ramp that feeds the flipper.
Just a bit of clear coat dust along the base is visible on all.
I am sure the frame just vibrates enough to grind/sand the clear a bit.
Wondering if anybody put washers here to?

As for the washers on the katana ramp? Are we talking the actual katana ramp or just the guide that feeds the katana ramp?

#12000 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Reminder/PSA for new premium owners: I haven't seen this mentioned again recently. There should be mylar on the playfield where the disco loop ramp drops onto the playfield (right side of the orbit, just beyond the shooter lane).
Previously some machines would be missing that mylar and the ramp will dig into the playfield without it. (My June build didn't have it, but others did.) It's worth checking to make sure yours has it, and if not just add a small strip of mylar there. Easy 30sec fix that can prevent a lot of wear/damage.
Edit: typos

Ok I did this thanks for the heads up again.

I have also added mylar underneath the flap, i do this to all my games. It makes mylar to mylar contact and in this case seems to work great as it glide over the piece on the pf.

I noticed my machine bracket is leaving a little tiny mark on here anyways, but not by the flap but instead is the actual ramp, that makes contact witj the pf when it is pulled down by the coil.

You have to look in between the ramp abe the pf to find it as it is back a behind the flap.

Wondering if you guys noticed this too in yours or simply ignored it.

I have tried reducing the coil power in the option - but not sure it that coil has a setting or not - the setup/option isn't descriptive enough.

Just curious if anybody here noticed this too?

#12004 2 years ago

this is the situation for most if not all depots throughout North America, will not get better until more staff is added, restrictions are lifted, mandates removed, etc etc etc. Lots of people either died, got fired or refuse to work. No man power, things are getting delivered.
Last year one of my games sat in a depot somewhere for 5 WEEKS!

#12030 2 years ago

I got to Sauron MB yesterday, I have the game setup quite hard at 7.5 degrees and it is not easy to get there. lol.
I put 100 plays in it in one week, the rules are easy to digest and the shots are obtainable and fast so it has a quick risk/reward feel to it and the one more game feels never seem to go away. I can't be pissed at the game for very long, the music and the DP voice is great.
Great game overall and I can see it kill it on location. easy to understand, fun to shoot and just keeps you coming back. I will never put mine on location but I can see how/why people like it so much.

I am mastering the scoring and the rules and you can get a high score even before coming into the battles. lots of points to be racked up just on the sidelines. If you focus on just battles you are leaving money on the table sort of speak and the game is quite boring this way. lots to do and build up and then go into battle if you manage to team up, the battles are short. which is the point I think.

Great overal, I am not sure how long it will stay in my collection but I like it for the humour and the easy to understand flow, which is great for the casual type players, who are often at my place.

#12043 2 years ago

Well nobody answered my previous posts, let’s see if I have better luck now…

What do you guys have the scoop power set to? 255 or less?

What is a good foam to add by the diverter/katana? I am getting a lot of balls bouncing off onto the playfield after climbing the diverter. Annoying.
I want this fix to look good so if there is a proper foam to put it that looks stock it would be great.

#12053 2 years ago

The backstop on the diverter/katana has no adjustment, it is just a black rubber.
The ball comes flying fast bounces off the stop and hops over the ramp.
It happens almost every shot of the time.
It is annoying.

Wil call Stern and see what they say.

#12061 2 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Similarly....
[quoted image]
Haven't had a ball jump the sword since.

this is a much better idea.
Will need to go out and buy a post, what kind of post did you use, there are so many different ones I am not sure what to get.

#12077 2 years ago

If uneven on the top position your flipper assy is off spec, this makes the coil stop sit a little bit weird and give the bat a little more travel.

I like simple logic and only do 1 adjustment at a time or things get wacky and out of spec.

The way I see it, If they were even at rest then the problem was on the coil stop/upper position only, by either the flipper assy being bent or the coil stop being out of spec.
Solution: replace coil stop.
If not fixed,
Straighten the flipper assy to increase coil stop contact.

Flippers must sit even both at rest and up as far I am concerned

#12078 2 years ago
Quoted from oldmanpinball:

I put a post where a screw is on the diverter. it worked good, here is a pick
[quoted image]

Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Similarly....
[quoted image]
Haven't had a ball jump the sword since.

Wanted to thank you both for this amazing idea.
I ended up adding a slingshot post in the same color, no more flyers!!!

I like the slim post because it doesnt choke the ball up much to interrupt flow, i am actually considering having a custom post in metal done that is slimmer. Alternatively a hex post might work as well but not sure what size thread those are as it needs to be a 6-32.

For now this works quite well but would like a thinner post so the ball can maintain most of its speed.

Thanks for sharing the idea!

#12084 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Thanks, I changed coil stops.. There was slight uneven wear on the right one with the plunger contact, but they were still uneven after replacing, assemblies looked good and no binding or angle in the plungers (how would you straighten the assemblies in your explanation, the coil stops and coil bracket can only tighten to their base and the base is fixed... Would this be an assembly spec issue or was it installed slightly off in the playfield, if the latter, nothing I can do except for my fix I would think?)... After repositioning the Pawl travel point the only thing left to adjust was the resting travel position... So it may be that the C&C was slightly off, an assembly was put in slightly off, but either way, just a fraction, and I mean a fraction of a bend to the backstop (with the rubber grommet out) so that the pressure of the tool was directly centered, changed the resting positions to even.. so I'm even top and bottom now.. I may be slightly off 90 degrees on the backstop bracket, but it does very well...
I have to remind myself these are handmade on wood, it's amazing the tolerances that they can dial in with those be limitations
When it's time for a rebuild, I am may just get 2 entirely new full kit assemblies

Yeah had this issue on a diff game (williams) flippers were off at the top, my ocd could not handle it.
Upon inspection one of the assys was arched, very slightly.
If you put the assy on a flat surface and it wiggles like a table with uneven legs, that sort of thing.
Anyway, it made the coil to sit at an angle so it had more space for the plunger to travel.
I straighten the assy and the issue was fixed.

The joys of pinball tolerances or lack thereof. Lol

#12086 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Oh gotcha, I see, my mind was thinking rotational alignment of the assembly, not a physical arch in the assembly, makes sense, thanks for the explanation.

A friend had all his flippers fall off a NIB Rush (overtorqued at factory and wood stripped out)
Only fix was to re attach in a different location by just rotating it slightly, works well. He is waiting for a new pf I believe.

All that to say, rotating the assy makes no difference after you adjust the bat.

#12093 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

This is the piece I was talking about. Ugh. At least it’s out of site under the back box.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The first layer on these cabs is very soft, it is some paper type material, I believe to save on the painting process.

Fill it will Fiber glass infused filler (mask up to save your lungs) sand and paint that section black.

Alternatively, you can glue this part back if it sits down nice and flush. Glue, clamp, fill the gaps.

It is a easy repair really. If you need a hand let me know I can guide you.

#12094 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Anyone install Insider Connected on Deadpool yet? I keep going back and forth about whether I want one or not. Achievements are cool and all, but once I get them all, I'm not sure how useful it will be for home use. Especially, because I doubt we will get any more firmware updates. Anything else it does that I am missing?

Came in with my prem. I forget to use half the time, it is really not impressive in any way - yet - the software is in its infancy ans it will take Stern a huge injection of time and money to make the platform really take it to the next level.
Time will tell but I predict this fading away soon.

#12096 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Thanks, I’ll see what I can do first with glue and clamps . See how that fits. I’m going to have to do some touch up paint either way. Once I get my shit together and start this I’ll send you some pics.

If the piece isnt fitting well trim the ends a bit, as long as it sits flush it will glue down well, if it does not fit well - do not glue it - becauee it will make a bump on the top and it will be a lot of work to make it look right, not to mention the head will not sit on properly.

Do a dry test, if it is hard to lay down it will be harder when you add glue. When you clamp it make sure it does not want to slide out, you might need extra clamps or better, if it lays down well, you can use a couple finishing nails to hold it.

#12101 2 years ago

so what si the trick to keep the Snkt target from moving, I have already adjusted it twice in 100 games, I think I will leave it as it really, currently leaning over the ball guide...

#12107 2 years ago

thanks, but my machine is brand new, I presume this is already installed on that target... or am I wrong?

edit: I am wrong and Stern is cheap AF!!! can't believe they do not include this with the game.
thanks again for the link

#12115 2 years ago

Who makes a really nice disco ball to replace the really low quality included in the prem/le? The mirrors in mine will fall off any time soon. It is really a joke of a toy.

Not looking for the actual disco ball mod but wondering if there is a reallt nice disco ball I could replace it with?

#12121 2 years ago

Snikt question.
I added the anti sway bracket. It still sways, maybe not as much as before but the bracket has enough tolerance (or lack thereof) to allow for some sway still. Annoying.
Am I doing something wrong here?

#12124 2 years ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Now that you mention it…When I installed mine on my all standup targets (Baywatch) they seemed to move a little. The next time I had the glass off I straightened them and tightened them up a little (the screws that prevent pivoting not the playfield screws) and I haven’t noticed them move in over six month. I think they just needed to settle and compress a little. Maybe someone has better advise, but I would have forgotten about all of it had you not mentioned yours moving a little. Good luck.

Thanks!
Yeah I adjusted it twice tonight… I center it, and 10 plays later, this…

6DE481C4-E2B4-4DE1-B8DC-4754C39BE566 (resized).jpeg6DE481C4-E2B4-4DE1-B8DC-4754C39BE566 (resized).jpeg
#12126 2 years ago

Such an important target that has been so poorly implemented.
This is the only way to get X multipliers correct?
It is kind of silly but this is a deal breaker for me, dont have time to constantly adjust a target and it is a bit demoralizing that the target I need for a high score doesnt work well….
Might just sell the game because of this…lol

#12130 2 years ago

thanks everyone. will consider all these suggestions! appreciate the messages.

Quoted from Rum-Z:

Just an FYI with my experience with the Stern target brackets. Even when I use them, I often find that the clearances within the different blades and spacers of the target assembly will allow the target to lean over a little bit. When this happens, I just go under the playfield and loosen the target mount bracket enough to get a shim under the side of the target away from the the lean (to stand it back up straight - in your case the side of the Snikt target closest to the front of the playfield), then I space the target back to level. After I've done this to targets, they pretty much stay level from then on.
I don't know if that helps you, but maybe it will. I had to do this to my SW and ACDC targets (and others). If it does help, and you end up keeping your DP, it'll be well worth it.

I was thinking about that last night, just need to find a shim small enough to fit there, what kind of material did you find worked better? a small piece of wood?

#12132 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Also the post above talking about the shim works as well if you put a washer on the leaning edge to bring the target back to square and just live with the fact that the mechanism itself is slightly cantered and shimmed but squared up it's basically reached its lean limit and will sit square with a shim in place...
I did this before I had the anti-sway bracket in and it worked perfectly.
My target came from the factory with a slight overlay on the rail and I felt it was a solid shot and felt really good out of the box but then I got to reading on here how it should be and when I centered it without any railing position it felt spongy it was very difficult to make
Long story short I went back to what works versus what is supposed to work now over time that target may get beat up on that edge, but if that's the worst that happens oh well I'll just get a new one if needed.. but so far it doesn't appear to be wearing or being cut by the rail at all

100% my thoughts on this. Will try the shim.
Was just worried that a washer will might short the target up and be close the entire time...

#12136 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance explained that the shim is almost defined by the aluminium beer can. You can almost infinitely increase it's thickness by folding.
OoooohhhhmmmmmPunkin

Great idea, will try this.

Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

If you have a 3D printer, I recommend printing these up. They add additional support on top of the anti-lean bracket. I put them on all my targets.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5157940

Another reason to get a printer! These are phenomenal, thanks for sharing…
Anybody in Ottawa willing to print me a few
Pleeeeeease (in dp voice)

#12152 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

As promised here are my photos, sorry about the glare, Invisiglass hasn't shipped yet...
This is with the anti sway installed and no shim
A well placed shot feeds the ramp perfectly... I'm about 6.9 to 7.0 degrees on playfield angle
[quoted image][quoted image]

thanks, this is what mine looks like as well, they are very precise at being imprecise, lol. cheers.

#12177 2 years ago

Been trying really hard to connect with this game and can’t.
Find it forces me to throw shots on the fly often and it is MB intensive sometimes.
Ugh. I am trying really to enjoy playing it but it is just not happening.
There are only 2 games that did this to me so quickly and I currently own them both, the other one is GB.
I cant enjoy them, they are just not what I like.

Do I need to see a dr? Lol

#12195 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Last night I passed 5,000 games played!
[quoted image]

curious, what kind of maintenance did you need to do over the course of these?

#12234 2 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I’d send the distro an email with the photos and ask for the post, tnut and screw.

That is likely a 6-32 machine screw. Go to the hardware store with the post, add the thickness of the pf, plus nut plus washer.
Some of these post also have attach to a nut type bracker that is attached to the pf underbeath, like the slingshot posts. Dod you check?

Another solution, use the post on the opposite side of yhe drop target and ge tyhr same hardware.

You will wait for a week or more for a nut and screw that can easily be acquired in minutes if you have a store near by…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pin_Fandango.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=Pin_Fandango and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.