(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,196 posts
  • 1,083 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by drwicket
  • Topic is favorited by 556 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7899 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1688 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1689 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240327_001906_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_001709_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_8452 (resized).jpg
IMG_8453 (resized).jpg
IMG_8454 (resized).jpg
IMG_8455 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
20240323_200809 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240326_153304_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
20240326_103932 (resized).jpg
20240326_103906 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Outlane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4126 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

So....I just bought a Deadpool Premium. Really excited, as the distributor has confirmed it's shipped and will be here tomorrow or Tuesday. One minor issue... I haven't quite told my wife about the machine yet! She is a pinball fan, but might think it was a bit of a frivolous purchase. From my perspective, I wanted an asset I could enjoy as opposed to subjecting these funds to stock-market risk.
Anyone have any thoughts? I'm sure it will work out either way!

Yes! Totally agree about stock market risk. I have lost many pinball machines worth of money over the years by worrying about the retirement nest egg. Fuck it! I'm going on 56 and many friends have already died. Enjoy your life while you can! I'm going to do the same. Just trying to decide on a Dead Pool pro or a JP2 pro. Cheers! ..

1 month later
#4366 4 years ago
Quoted from Rengozu:

Only bad thing about my experience was it being at a loud local bar, which kinda kills getting the full comedic Deadpool vibe when you can't hear any of the music or callouts.

This is the main reason I seek to own pins. Playing in the wild does kind of suck for several reasons. You can almost never hear the machine or it is not 100% working or it's not dialed in properly etc. Some modern games have rule sets that are too deep to grasp in the wild as well. I also like to mod my games. Not going to get that in the wild either.

6 months later
#6054 3 years ago

Well, yesterday I got lucky and grabbed a Deadpool pro in town with a brand new still in box playfield. The owner received it from Stern due to two small CC chips on playfield. One at the bottom left inlane sling post and the other hidden up top behind a ball guide. Only plastic cracked was the one at scoop. Other than that, minor ware in the shooter lane. Price $4700.00. I will fix the CC chips and leave the new playfield to sell with pin in the future. But it is a nice insurance policy.
How's a shaker in this pin?
Must have modds?
Also, did this machine come with a manual or do I have to download it?
Thanks

#6070 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

For anyone with a damaged scoop protector I'd highly recommend you reach out to Cliffy. He sent me a modified Ghostbusters scoop protector, and it works flawlessly. I have no more scoop rejects and it offers a lot more protection in general than the one Stern ships with. It looks like his bent with a radius instead of a straight bend like the stock protector, which is why I think the stock protector is splitting for so many people.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your stock scoop protector split exactly like mine. I almost ordered a new one from Pinball life - Stern #535-1417-02, but it is the same one. I just sent Cliffy an email for the modified Ghost Busters protector instead.
Thanks

#6080 3 years ago

What is considered a decent score on the pro? I just got 680 million on my 3rd day. I don't even know what the hell I'm doing yet. But what a fun shooting, great time this game is!!!

#6083 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I've had mine for 12 months and i'm somewhere around that. I have seen plenty of scores posted in the billions here though by much better players than me.

OK, I was worried it was scoring wrong! LOL!
I just went through the switch test and everything is registering great. Even the SNIKT Target. It registers when ball rolls down from half way up ramp. Is that about right?

I love how you can adjust back box brightness level for attract and game play and diagnostic modes! It was cranked to 100% in attract and game modes when it got it home! The reflection off playfield glass was ridiculous! I set it to 25% in attract mode and 6% in game mode. What a relief! I thought I was going to have to buy a Voodoo glass!

#6085 3 years ago

FYI, and I don't want to anger anyone here. But I have to say that as an owner of Jersey Jack, Stern Sam, Spooky and previously Stern White Star and Williams pinball machines, and this being my first Stern Spike pin, I am shocked at the cost cutting cheapness of the construction! It is absurd that the scoop protector is splitting on both sides on a game this new and not to mention the chipping CC as you all know. I wish I could show you guys the differences in person. It is shocking! Just thought you guys should know if you don't already. I still love this game! Stern does know how to make a fun game!

#6089 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Why limit yourself to only one? With Stern, you can have BOTH issues in your machine!

I have both issues..

Quoted from BrewNinja:

Yeah because Jersey Jack isn't having their fair share of playfield issues right now either....
I would easily take a splitting scoop protector over bad clear any day.

My JJ is built like a tank! You have all you can do to lift the playfield. The pin is 360 pounds! But it is also a wide body. Granted it is a much more expensive pin though. Also, No CC issued on my Hobbit at all.

I meant more to compare the three Sterns I have owned. Between the White Star, Sam and Spike 2, The later is much flimsier in construction over all. I'm shopping out the Deadpool now. This is why I got a close up look at things in the last few days. I ordered a whole bunch of upgrades (mods) for it (including your harmonious Zen inserts Vireland).
And I will install the new playfield before I sell it. It won't be my first time doing this. It should be fairly easy on this pin.

#6098 3 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

I have the comet light kit and am try to install the spot lights but the hole is too small to fit on the post they sent me. Am I doing something wrong?

I just ordered that kit as well.

#6099 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I haven't owned any JJP's yet, but have owned Williams, Bally, WPC, Data East, Gottlieb/Premier, Sega and now Stern Spike 2 with my Deadpool Pro.
I've put over 2000 games on it since Sept 2019 and sure it has dimpling and I've had a few minor issues (flipper coil stops, scoop protector), but it has been as reliable as any of my other games I've owned.

Really glad to hear that.

#6100 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I owned DILE and the last thing I'd call it is 'built like a tank'. They use high quality playfield wood, and that's literally all that impresses. Every other part is the cheapest lowest-quality foreign-made stuff they could possible get their hands on. From the phone to the metal flaps, very low quality. Even the wire forms were manufactured incorrectly. JJP reminds me of Beats By Dre headphones - the price is high-end, everyone thinks they are high-end (and Beats adding useless weight to make them feel as such speaks volumes) but they are pretty average and a poor value.
Don't get me wrong, Stern isn't putting the pinnacle of quality parts in their machines, but they are also charging far less as well.

Maybe things cheapened up after Hobbit. The BOM was high on that one.

#6101 3 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Weight does not equal better quality. I mean, if that's the case, I hope you are driving a 70's car still. Those things are tanks, but I wouldn't call them better quality necessarily. Technology and manufacturing advance and give us better materials and ways of doing things

Yes, but todays CC is not better apparently and playfields are still made of wood. Also metal parts are thinner and break sooner. Also less mechanical devices are the norm. The only tech that's really changed is the LED lighting and LCD displays and computer/electronic tech and software to drive them. Also the deeper rule sets. None of which are a problem. And thinner wood and thinner metal do equal less weight.

#6109 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Can we stop the JJP vs Stern and/or crap on Stern quality conversation? Don't think the owners thread is the place to get into all of that. Plenty of those threads already.

You're right!
Perhaps it would be more appropriate for the stock market traders thread. After all, it just took a giant crap on my 401k. That reminded me of how I need to enjoy living for today more. So I bought a Deadpool. No regrets..

#6130 3 years ago
Quoted from BelleHall:

Hope he includes one for the scoop...
Look what I just found...[quoted image]

Mine cracked EXACTLY like that!
Also the one on the right of Little Dead pool.

Added over 4 years ago:

Which is one large plastic and there is no protector made for it.

Added over 4 years ago:

The one around lil Deadpool I mean..

#6131 3 years ago

I installed this kit yesterday and was blown away! It is fabulous. I dimmed it down because it can be very bright. Not a problem with reflection off the playfield glass at all. Also, a bent plastic DMD guard solves it if you do want it really bright. Simple to install and well worth the money. Best speaker light kit ever! Just get the 'Plastic Canvas set for SPIKE 2' he sells for an extra $2.50. They sit behind the foam and work great to evenly spread the light!

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/

#6133 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Does anyone make a DP speaker decal or sticker that has the DP symbol?

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Acrylic-Designs.html

#6136 3 years ago
Quoted from durgee7:

Thanks, Mr_Outlane! Now I need to figure out if additional lighting is necessary. I like the lil' DP white/clear design best. That's a nice looking acrylic.

I put the Star Trek acrylic in my ST pro with the RGB LED lights and it is beautiful!

#6155 3 years ago
Quoted from gecko157:

Just curious how many of you have bothered with a playfield protector on your Deadpool? Any pros or cons in your experience?

They suck!
I cut the one I had off my F-14. Particles get under it and the bottom scratched and looked like shit. I'm too OCD for all that. Just put Mylar in high wear areas like around pop bumpers and ball drop points and shooter lane, and clean regularly with Novus 1. Whenever I start to see ball trails (like in the In-Lanes) I clean it. Use a vacuum to suck out any loose particles (if there's a lot) or use forced air to blow out (I have a portable air tank with air gun). Then use Novus 1 to clean, then wipe down with lint free cloth. No need to remove old wax. When it's time to wax, do the same thing plus wax. Use Novus 2 if you have ground in ball swirls or scratches you want to remove. Novus 2 has abrasive in it. For home use only, playfield protectors are not necessary and are a PITA. Unless you have a playfield with raised inserts (like F-14), then it can smooth out the surface so game plays better. I wound up replacing the playfield in mine with the PPS repro one. I did not install the protector again.

#6159 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

i see balltrails after 3-5 hours of gameplay in my in-lanes, do they get permanent if i wait longer for cleaning?
and you said "when its time to wax"... when is the time to wax? i try to avoid it, since it changes ball movement so much, and i suck bad times since i cant predict the ball movement anymore.

Very slight ball trails are nothing to worry about, I mean after they've been there for a couple weeks or so. It only takes a few minutes to clean them off and it will keep crud from grinding in. If you don't clean off the crud, you will get ground in ball swirls over time and then you have a much bigger job using Novus 2 (slightly abrasive) which make a mess (gets into slots and holes etc). Now you're removing plastics etc. Also, get a rubber cleaner and clean the rubbers when they get dirty. Also very easy and fast. I only wax about every 500-600 plays. The hard to get to loops that require removing everything (if it's a real PITA) don't get done but once in a blue moon (after a couple years). But that's me. I have even put down Mylar in such places so I don't have to worry about it. Then just blow out the loose dirt with forced air in those areas.
Wax is just a sacrificial layer of protection. You don't have to do it. Most people like waxing. I notice that it plays faster at first but returns to normal play fairly quick.
Also, if you put down Mylar, wax first. It comes off much easier in the future if needed. This is really important if it's an old playfield so that the paint doesn't come off.
If you wax, use 'One Grand Blitz Carnauba Wax'
10202-detail (resized).jpg10202-detail (resized).jpg

#6161 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

thanks, i also have the blitz wax and enjoy using it, but my gameplay sucks for days after using it. and doesn't that mean that the wax is gone after that period and the PF is "unprotected" again? i dont get it.
thats also the reason i not clean the PF as a whole, but in sections with a few days in between, to reduce the crazy going balls.

No, it's not gone, it's just not as smooth as it first was.
I don't clean the whole thing every time either, just where it's easiest and you learn where the dirt piles up faster after a while.
I always suck. So waxing doesn't affect me that much..

#6177 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Clean the area well with 97% rubbing alcohol and let it dry.
Basically just make a long mylar rectangle that's WIDER than the area you want to cover (the dip in the trough of the shooter lane will eat up some of the material, so you need more width than you think).

Somebody out there needs to make a template for cutting this piece of Mylar for the shooter lane. It would be convenient.

#6197 3 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Has anyone else noticed their katana Cliffy shift position with play? Mine is a tad lower than where I originally installed it.
I went back in and loosened the guide to check it, and it's good and stuck in its current position. If I shove a ball against the blue nub I still have clearance, so I guess it should be okay? I'm thinking it may just be more noticeable because the "no artwork" area at the top of the Cliffy is much larger on my playfield than it is on older builds.
[quoted image]

I just installed one of these, and it looks the same as mine does. The adhesive under the Cliffy should be holding it in place as well.

#6205 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

The node connector (ethernet looking plug) on CN11 is always my problem. Happens pretty often but just realized I can reseat without lifting up the playfield. Is there a way to make this connection tighter to prevent this from coming loose? I'm guessing it just happens with the shaker motor going off but would like a long term fix.

Hot glue them in place. This can be removed in the future if needed.

#6208 3 years ago

FYI, on my ACNC (which is all RGB lighting), when a bulb no longer displays white, it's because one of the connectors is not making contact. All three colors R,G and B need to illuminate to make white. So that's when I need to re seat connector. I usually get a magenta color instead of white, which tells me that the R and B are lighting, but not the G.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#6209 3 years ago

Anyone try the PinWoofer Powered Super Kit in Deadpool pro?

https://pinwoofer.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fpinwoofer-powered-super-kit

#6213 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Yes I just installed it in DP (premium). Amazeballs.

Cool.... I'll tell you what else is amazeballs...

I bought the comet pinball Deadpool General Illumination Upgrade Kit $49.99 (frosted sunlight bulbs for GI, and a pair of double spotlights). I also got the sunlight trough lighting kit. It is excellent! Game is now nice and bright and looks fantastic, and at a fraction of the cost of Pin Stadiums.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/deadpool-general-illumination-upgrade-kit?variant=12493737132076

Also,
PIN MONK DEADPOOL COLOR LIGHT BRACKET KITS... Get all three of his kits for Deadpool.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/by-game/2703-deadpool-limited-edition

#6236 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

i have a dple coming this Weekend. a Question : did this game Need Spotlights ? from some Videos i saw it Looks very dark

Scroll up to my post #6213 this page.

#6254 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I’m in the club, should see a NIB DPLE tomorrow or Tuesday! I know this sounds counter intuitive but every Game I have bought I have never played before! The only bad decision I ever made was the Hobbit! Can’t wait to see what this game has to offer!

Hobbit is awesome! I have Smaug LE. No regrets here! Best code I ever seen in a game. Also most beautiful and once set up properly, plays great!

#6256 3 years ago

DITTO!

#6259 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I sold it before code was finished, I didn’t hate it, just wished it was more my thing. Sounds like it is much better now that the code is finished.

Huuuuge improvement!!!

#6277 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Deadpool is the clear winner for me. And I actually still have your old MET pro. DP is just way more fun for me.

Yup!
I can't even imagine what other pin is as much fun as Deadpool. And I loved Metallica, but never owned one yet. I do love my other games, but Deadpool is the right mix of everything to be a home run!! Genius work by Stern here!

#6291 3 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Thanks for posting! Here’s the angle I’m looking for. Trying to figure out if the flexible metal flap is supposed to be like this or tucked under the red plastic / rubber ring. With it tucked under I get ball traps in this spot.
[quoted image]

The picture shows the correct installation. I did it the other way on last tear down when I installed Titan rubbers, and also had a ball trap from hell.

#6292 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Check to see if the metal is spilt. Unfortunately, that is a normal thing. Check back a page or two for pictures.

My scoop protector was split on both sides and caused constant rejects. The Cliffy solved it completely!

#6293 3 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Wish they spread the cooperative mode to Deadpool!!

I have two different co-op modes on may ACNC and it is a great feature to have! One where everyone plays against the machine to beat it, and the other where players 1 & 3 team up against players 2 & 4. Great fun!!
I noticed Stern has implemented a 4-player co-op mode on TMNT.

#6312 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yeah, i'm cheating. The Deadpool is mine, but the other two are rentals.

I wish I could rent those!!!

1 week later
#6367 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

But, I would 100% tell every deadpool owner to get at least the ramp plastic protector from pingraffix. I've seen that ramp brake on multiple games.

What ramp plastic are you talking about? The one that broke on mine was the scoop plastic and the upper right corner of the plastic over Lil Deadpool bash mech/drop target assembly.

#6373 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I saw someone posted their Little DP plastic broke but not real sure how since mine has a metal frame under it. Maybe they did some sort of change at some point. Are you saying the plastic above scoop is breaking on games?

- Metal frame does not protect upper right edge, see pic... notice crack in plastic. I put a Lexan washer over it.

DSCN0201 (resized).JPGDSCN0201 (resized).JPG

- And here's the cracked scoop plastic with Lexan washer over it. Mezel Mods makes the Clip Protector Set for Deadpool. It's an 11 piece set that has protectors for the scoop and Lil Deadpool plastic... https://mezelmods.com/products/clip-protector-set-deadpool-pinball?_pos=13&_sid=f3e0001c8&_ss=r
DSCN0198 (resized).JPGDSCN0198 (resized).JPG

#6374 3 years ago

Here is a shot with the under cab red LEDs I installed for less than $19.00.

Also a shot of the spare playfield I got with the pin that Stern sent previous owner because of some clear coat chipping. I may or may not install it at a later date. The playfield I have now is fine!
DSCN0202 (resized).JPGDSCN0202 (resized).JPGDSCN0203 (resized).JPGDSCN0203 (resized).JPG

#6376 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Guess that's why they stopped doing it.

Well, this playfield had chipping in three locations. If they now refuse to replace a defective playfield, I would not buy new. We'll see how things go with Stern and if they resolved this issue with CC pooling and chipping. On the bright side, my spare playfield will have years to cure! I still have the rotisserie from when I did the playfield swap on my early run F-14. This playfield swap will be much easier.

#6378 3 years ago

Not from what I've read.
And nobody gets drunk enough anymore to throw at dart that far off to hit the playfield!

#6436 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Was really hoping to see the invisiglass in person at expo last year but didn't see it. Really feel like I have to see the difference in person to spend that kind of money. Maybe I'll just have to find a spot with an LE when things re-open to compare.

I have Invisiglass on my Hobbit and it looks like there is no glass on it. It's a huge difference! I would just order Voodoo glass from CoinTaker. It's just as good and cheaper.

Also, I use Perfect Glass and a micro fiber towel. You spray the towel, not the glass.

71XN0vzmRiL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg71XN0vzmRiL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
#6443 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

One sheet of Invisglass is currently the same price as one sheet of VooDoo on Cointaker. The two pack of Invisi is $50 cheaper than the two pack of VooDoo.
https://cointaker.com/t/voodoo-glass

Wow! That's new! That's the way to go then!

1 week later
#6543 3 years ago

+1 on the Pinball Life shaker.

#6544 3 years ago
Quoted from Olbighoss48:

Just ordered a pro.

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#6584 3 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Learning to hit SNKT (or upgrade to the anti-sway target holder if yours doesn't have it) will help increase points.

Your talking about installing this (link below) on the SNKT target?

https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

#6588 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

With it, and dialed in well, it actually can be a skillful shot.

So I assume dialing it in correctly requires having it at the perfect angle?

#6589 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

So just wondering if anyone else have experienced this?

Usually colors being off is just a loose connection with the plugs. Check and make sure they're all seated well.

#6591 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

It's actually more important to have the recessed portion at the top edge of the target basically in line with the metal guide.

OK, I think I know what you mean. I'll take a look at it and it should make sense now.
Thanks much!

#6629 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Can you do me a favor and PM me a couple pictures of the coil area, left and right on your Deadpool? I didn't take pictures of that before the one here left. Want to know if either the STh or TMNT fan brackets will work, or if I have to make a third design for them to fit.

Also, the Hobbit needs them.

#6686 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I circled the part that shows the anti-sway bracket. That metal plate that protrudes through the end (circled part) is what keeps it from leaning.

I don't have this anti sway bracket on my SNKT target. It's on my order list.
Thanks!

#6687 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I built a new Airball Protector and it works!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Kick Ass Slow-mo!!

1 week later
#6723 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

It does not. I added an additional plunger spring which can be seen in Post 5819. This feels just right on my machine, but it's also the reason I created the ramp mod shown right above this post. It's only a matter of time before that plastic breaks due to the breakneck speed of the ball. Stern started placing a stock plastic protector on the machine, but that just breaks first, then the plastic. Really a shame that there isn't an adjustment.

I didn't realize that we couldn't adjust flipper power on Spike 2. I haven't had Deadpool very long and never tried adjusting flipper power. I will try your extra flipper spring idea as I have some in my parts box. But I already have two broken plastics and a new set is just stupid expensive! Did you ever get flipper fade with this extra spring imposing more load on solenoid?

#6726 3 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

You actually can but they didn't put in the code for DP for some reason. That's been part of the gripe with the code of this game and the hope for an update is more adjustment ability as well as high score/achievement tables.

Ahh! Got it.

#6732 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I
As for the sound mod. I have no idea why anyone in their right mind would want to swap out the sound package in Deadpool. It’s one of the best in modern pinball. Call outs, variety, voices, script, sounds, music, is the total package and one of the many reasons I love this game so much.

This!!!!!!!!

1 week later
#6763 3 years ago

I went to order the anti sway bracket from Pinball Life and they are not using USPS for shipping right now because of Covid causing late deliveries. So UPS min shipping is over $14.00. Not worth it unless you can put together a large order. So I'll wait..

#6769 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I posted this before.
You should already have one.
I had an anti sway installed by Stern. But it was on the colossus jackpot target. Just swap the brackets.

My SNIKT is working fine, so I'll wait for now, but thanks. Good to know!

#6776 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Joined the Deadpool LE club yesterday with #42. Only had 8 plays on it.
[quoted image]

So someone bought an LE and put 8 plays on it and sold it?
Must have been the harsh language!
"I said balls"

#6778 3 years ago

I installed standard red post rubber sleeves in mine. They'll look fine and they are far thicker than the crap Stern installed. But on my ACNC I installed Titan post sleeves (silicone). Titan also makes beveled post sleeves. With beveled, the thinner end goes down so as to reduce air balls. They are really tough and outlasted the Perfect Play post rubbers from Pinball Life by far. I would recommend the red Titans on Deadpool for the whole game. But the kit I ordered didn't include post sleeves so you have to add them.

#6796 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

Anyone have the Cliffy protector set for Deadpool?
Are all these necessary? Let me know what you guys think. With shipping it'll cost me around $120CAD which is hard to swallow for some metal protectors IMO.

- The scoop protector on mine was split on both sides causing rejects like crazy. The factory one is cheap crap. So this is a must!
- Also my playfield was chipped at the katana ball guide and the Cliffy covered it there and raised the guide as well so it no longer scratches the clear coat. But a washer and Mylar will do the same.
- Shooter Lane protectors are always a good idea. But you can just cut a Mylar for that.
- I just install Mylar at out holes.

#6797 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I know its an old question but people have had their games long enough now I'm guessing to make an informed opinion.
Pro or extra coin for the premium? A few thoughts. Cheers

To me, I'd rather spend the extra money on mods for the pro. $800.00 USD gets a lot of nice mods! And you still save a lot of money. But if money is not an issue to you, go Prem/LE. I like the art package on pro much better.
P.S.
I keep my games for a long time, so don't mind loosing some money on mods on the resale. I like to make pins my own. Modding is the funnest part for me.

#6860 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I already know “dimples are part of pinball” but that’s such bull crap.

Small dimples are normal and hard to see without looking for them. My ACNC is like this. But craters are not. Unfortunately, Stern playfields often have these and I think it's partly because the clear coat didn't cure long enough before release. It can take up to six months for C.C. to fully cure (harden). Also, some games produce more air balls and I also think Stern's flippers are over powered (like on DP). I installed extra springs on the flippers (over the plungers like Williams used to do in the 80's and it's still not enough) to help reduce the ball speed (since we can't dial it down in settings - which makes no sense to me). There is also lighting on some games that make it easier to see than other games. Playfields are generally brighter these days with LED lighting and all the lighting mods available, which also make it easier to see dimples.

#6871 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

It will be even more disappointing when stern releases another game/theme that I really want but won’t buy because of the crap they make. (My opinion)

This is how I felt about DP and JP3. So I didn't buy NIB. I waited and got a DP pro with a new spare Playfield for far less than NIB. I may do the same with JP3 pro (with or without spare PF). This way, you can see what you're getting and you're not giving your NIB money to Stern and having to deal with them and their PF lottery B.S.!

3 weeks later
#7078 3 years ago
Quoted from derekbro:

Just joined the club over the weekend. Excited to get some time in on this one. With out going through the whole thread is there any tweaks that need to be done for better play? Thanks[quoted image]

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!
A nicely modded road case Metallica with the Pro translight! Bad ass!!!

1 week later
#7210 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

How do you get the multiplier up? I usually only have 2X going.

Keep hitting SNIKT target until 5X and don't drain.

#7215 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

How temporary is that?

I goes back to 1X when you drain. I only got 5x a couple times because I suck. I get 3X fairly often though. The SNIKT target is a super important shot in this game. Gomez the designer said that if you're not going for that shot, you're not playing it right. So make sure that target is adjusted and functioning correctly

#7217 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

All of the mulitpliers time out, I believe the higher the multiplier, the quicker it times out. The 2X, 3X etc, will start flashing faster and faster before it goes out.

OK, I didn't ever have that happen because I drained before it occurred. Obviously, I'm no Deadpool guru!

2 weeks later
#7298 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You added dazzler, but she's not squirting milk like on the Pro translite...

But that's a great conversation piece!

#7346 3 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Thinking of picking up a HUO Deadpool Premium - anything to look for on inspection? Things to watch out for?

Clear Coat pooling and chipping. I got mine with a NIB playfield from previous owner who had it. Too good of a deal to refuse. The playfield is fine as it is, but check carefully for it. If it's pooled and not chipped, it can be repaired quite easily.

4 months later
#8654 3 years ago
Quoted from michalec12:

What are the must-have add ons? Plastic protectors? Links appreciated!
What are the awesome to haves? Shaker motor? Any light kits? Looking to keep installation difficulty low as it’s my first time.

Get all the Pin Monk mods for Deadpool... https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/by-category/345-playfield-other

DEADPOOL COLOR MODE LIGHT BRACKET KIT ... * Get the 6 Piece (including 2 Purple Mystique Brackets)

DEADPOOL B-O-O-M ROLLOVER LIGHTS BRACKETS

DEADPOOL MULTIPLIER BRACKET

#8655 3 years ago

Also get the GI upgrade lighting kit...

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/deadpool-general-illumination-upgrade-kit?_pos=1&_sid=9f965dc20&_ss=r&variant=12493737132076

Also get the 'Spotlight Kit" (two headed, sunlight)

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/spotlight-kit?variant=12493663043628

- These mods will give you far better playfield look and brightness. Must Have IMO!! ***Ask Comet if this spot light kit is correct for Dead Pool***

#8659 3 years ago

You will need to eventually get a Cliffy scoop hole protector as the Stern one is shit and will split on both sides and cause rejects! Just call or email him and ask for this part.

Cliffy's Passion For Pinball www.passionforpinball.com

4 months later
#9979 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

How many people lube the katana ball guide as George was suggesting? He was mentioning WD-40 on a paper towel and wiping the guide down. First time I've heard that.

Me too! WD stands for Water Displacement. To keep moisture out. That is it's purpose. Not to lubricate. My guess was just to clean it?

#9990 2 years ago

It's main purpose is water displacement. It leaves behind a protective layer that prevents rust and corrosion from re-forming There are better wet lubricants out there. With all wet lubricants, black carbon dust sticks to it and makes a paste. It can even turn cement like after a short time pending on heavy usage. For pinball applications, a dry lubricant is better. Like a graphite powder lubricant.

https://www.amazon.com/American-grease-stick-graphite-lubricant/dp/B000K7TOLE/ref=sr_1_1

#9991 2 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I only use it for tight/rusty screws that i cant unscrew, because it creeps in every little slit.

WD-40 does make a penetrating oil that works better for that.

https://www.amazon.com/WD-40-Specialist-Penetrant-Flexible-Straw/dp/B085JZRKMY/ref=asc_df_B085JZRKMY/

Regular WD-40 does work great for cleaning and polishing your stainless steel appliances though.

3 weeks later
#10172 2 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Is there a list of what exactly has been updated to this date?

Scroll down and select Game Code heading and download the '1.05.0 Game Code Readme' for your version of the game.

https://sternpinball.com/game/deadpool/

2 weeks later
#10330 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Iron Maiden would make an amazing re-theme. I love everything about the game except the music!

Ya, that's what I said until I got one! The music grows on you and fits the game perfectly! I like this game as much as DP. Art and animations are killer as well.

#10331 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The smart move, no matter which pins it is, would be to buy the one that is complete, polished, and coming near the end of its run. Mando’s will be available NIB for many years to come, Deadpool not so much.

That's what I do now. Buy a pin that's already stood the test of time and has finished code!

#10341 2 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

The Mezel kit ...what this game needed
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those clear drop targets are super tough as well! They will not break like the black ones. Nice mod!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley
Decorations
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 25.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 39.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Outlane.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=Mr_Outlane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.