(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,268 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by KnockerPTSD
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MasterBlaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7794 3 years ago

Hey All!
Ordered my very first new pin from TNT last week, a Deadpool Pro.
Super excited to get a machine NIB. Unfortunately I won’t be posting any pic until Christmas Day. I get it next week, and I’m immediately taking it to the basement and wrapping it up, with a note that says ‘Do not open until X MAS’ (with a circle around the X for a hint). I was between an IM pro, Deadpool pro and Munsters Premium, and I really feel like I made the right choice for my first new pin. Cheers!

#7798 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Congrats on DP.. DP is on my wish list but I don't think Santa is bringing me one. Lol.. Enjoy

Thank you! Been saving my pennies and sold my High Speed and PinBot to fund the purchase. I will miss those machines, but I think it was the right decision.

#7800 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Definitely a great decision i miss my Munsters prem but DP blows it away

I had to call Todd last minute when I changed my mind. He was kind enough to make it happen, even though the Munsters was already processed and ready to ship. I just felt like DP was a better fit for my collection, and even though I adore the Munsters (TV show and the pin) I was concerned that it would be a little too repetitive in my small collection.

#7802 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

You dodged a bullet honestly. Why DP or IMDN pros and not the premium? Or was it based on availability?
I’ll eat a little crow on the DP vs IMDN debate. I originally said DP blows it away; while I still prefer DP over maiden, it doesn’t necessarily blow it away, but both certainly compliment each other in a collection.

On most other games, premium is definitely the way to go, as there are too many features to give up. In the case of DP and IM, I feel like the pro is a great value. I know you give up some features on the pros, but particularly with DP I felt like I wasn’t giving up much. Add the aftermarket disco ball and the shaker motor and I don’t think I’ll miss the diverter and the toys.

#7803 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’ll eat a little crow on the DP vs IMDN debate. I originally said DP blows it away; while I still prefer DP over maiden, it doesn’t necessarily blow it away, but both certainly compliment each other in a collection.

It was practically a coin flip between DP and IM, as I had played both in the past and love both games. The music and sound effects on DP swayed my decision...the 80s/90s references are just awesome.

#7806 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

thats what happened to me. Munsters was my first and only game at the time. just burned out on it. Deadpool has the replay and comedy to make me come back.

Makes me feel better to hear people saying this about Munsters. If I had a collection with 4-6 other new pins then yes I think I would be very happy with Munsters. But this game is going to be the top dog in my collection so I want it to have as much replay-ability as possible. Also Munsters probably doesn’t make as much sense in my collection, alongside Batman (DE) Amazing Spider-Man and Terminator 2. I felt like Deadpool was a much better fit within that row of titles.

#7811 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Having fun with my camera haha [quoted image]

I like it! Looks like pencil art. Pair it with colored LEDs and it would look great

#7813 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I did similar to get my Deadpool Pro last year. Sold my Stargate and Checkpoint to help fund the NIB purchase. Deadpool Pro is an awesome game, so definitely a great choice! I put 3200 games on mine in the first 12 months!

Any remorse about selling those machines to get DP? I will miss my High Speed and PinBot but I’m ready for something that works every time I flip the switch to play it.

#7829 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

No remorse. I wanted a "modern" game and researched and played what I could and DP was the one I liked the best. Once I got my NIB I was surprised at how good the music and sound package were as well since I couldn't really hear them at the pinball show where I played it previously.
I have done a few mods... made my own "color brackets" like Pinmonk sells (recommend them!), added shaker, external subwoofer and anti reflective glass, translucent rubbers... probably a few others I'm forgetting...
DP has been pretty much troublefree for me. I did have to replace the flipper coil stops after about 300 games, but I think they have changed to a better stop on more recently made games. Only around $5 each from pinball life anyway.

Thanks for the insight! I’m planning to add the shaker and disco ball for sure. What’s your opinion on the subwoofer and the HD glass? (And which sub did you get). The HD glass is pricey but I feel like the artwork on this game is such a knockout that it deserves to be as clear as possible

#7830 3 years ago
Quoted from Sluggo39:

Definitely the right decision Munsters didn’t last long in my collection, DP isn’t going anywhere

Thanks for the info. I’m sort of hoping that maybe a couple years from now, my collection will be big enough for Munsters to make sense. It’s one of my all time favorites and probably always will be, just because I loved watching the reruns as a kid. To some degree I think the source material was just too limiting...Stern only has so much footage to work with, and the characters themselves aren’t overly complex. With Deadpool, there are so many ways to go because the source material can be really disjointed and it still fits the personality of the character.

#7833 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I like the Monoprice 8" or 12" powered subwoofers, sounds especially good on DP in my opinion.
Yeah, once you see the difference with the HD glass it's hard to go back. You can always move the glass from game to game if you ever needed to as well.
I am up to 4 sheets currently of non-reflective glass on my games. Stern HD, Invisiglass and Voodoo glass. To me, they are all pretty similar and I would go with whichever was cheapest.

Thanks for all the great info! I didn’t realize there were different brands of HD glass, I thought the Stern was the only option. I will research the others!

#7843 3 years ago

My Pro arrived yesterday!! Yippee! Now comes the hard part...WAITING until Christmas to play it!

Already shopping for mods. What’s the deal with the Stern topper, it’s out of stock everywhere. Did they have manufacturing delays/issues? Are they redesigning?

#7847 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I like to set rules and limits for myself, but i don't see the purpose of that one. Just play it and get a very small related gift at Christmas to emphasize that the machine is your present. To late now you've announced your intention to family etc, but just think, if you'd been a single man, you'd never have made that rule for yourself or agreed to it from someone else.
Each to their own, but i'm scratching my head.

No one knows it arrived but me...i took it into my shop behind the house and covered it up. I’ll wrap the box with cheap paper from the dollar store. I’m sure they will figure out that it’s a pinball machine but they have no clue what brand or title it will be. So there is still the element of surprise.

#7851 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It’s always for the family....until you set it up and none of the family plays it after the first day. Then it’s yours!

Hahahahaa for sure! My wife and I will play it. The kiddos can be hot and cold with pinball...especially when the latest console game comes out.

#7871 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I will do that again.
Anyone use stabilant 22a on terminals?
Back when I was lead tech at a GM Dealer we had tons of issues with the new connectors for modules gm called them micro 64 terminals. pins were .064" and tons of issues. this "lube" fixed all sorts of phantom issues.

I use an electrical connector grease on my old machines and it seems to help some of the old sockets make a better connection with the bulb. I get it at the local auto parts store and it’s 99 cents per packet. It certainly can’t hurt anything if it’s automotive grade stuff. They use it for trailer wiring connections and whatnot. If anything it should help the bulb come out if the socket easier, many years from now when it comes time to replace it.

#7914 3 years ago

Christmas can’t get here quickly enough...

73BBC671-19A5-40F7-9AE8-EBD267813860 (resized).jpeg73BBC671-19A5-40F7-9AE8-EBD267813860 (resized).jpeg
#7919 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Open it!! You already know what it is
No need to let it sit outside and get snowed on for 2 weeks.

Hahahaha I left it in the box to move it to the basement...I’ll never do that again!

#7920 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Congrats hope you love it.
And you have way more self-control than me, I would take off work to get it set up.

I’m thinking I might actually slide it out of the box tonight to check it over for any concealed damage to the cabinet. I’ll keep the bands on it and wrap it with cheapo wrapping paper.

#7922 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Probably a wise idea to look it over. I've had 6 NIB shipped to me by freight. Only 1 with damage and that was obvious before they even unloaded it. If the box is clean id bet you are in good shape.
Now is the time to order your cliffys and make a list of pre play checks, like ball guide washers and such.

Good idea! Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it!

#7924 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

PM me your address and I’ll come over and watch it for you.

Ha ha
Congrats

Lol thank you! Super excited about this whole unboxing thing. I’m a NIB virgin so I hope my first time is everything that I’ve imagined it to be.

#7927 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Speaking of NIB, question for those who did buy this new, did the game ship with the yellow "costing card" that just has the Deadpool logo on it? I saw it in the promo shots but did not find it in mine. Rest of the goodies seem to be there though.
You can see it on the lower right of this photo and it was showing on all models for the TWIP reveal article.
https://thisweekinpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/38631117_10156710395214244_153349019869904896_o.jpg

I can let you know in 17 days!
I believe that TNT told me this particular machine was built in September.

Somewhat related question, is there any reason to keep the box? I was thinking I would at least cut a section out of one of the sides that has the model and serial number, along with the Stern logo. Who knows...20 or 30 years from now it might be fun to see how the “old” Stern logo looked on the boxes.

#7928 3 years ago
Quoted from TommyMc:

I'm just wondering if it isn't something in the code. Seems like several people had this problem since the latest update.

I would have reason to suspect the update, if you’d had zero problems with regard to this particular issue and now suddenly you have problems.
Is Stern still asking folks to send bug reports, or do they consider this game “finished” now? I thought I saw an email address still listed in the latest ‘read me’ log update

#7957 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

This is what happens when you ask your significant other about getting that Stern poster to hang in the game room and she says no...
[quoted image]
You make your own "art" piece. Maybe next time she'll say yes to the poster.

Hahaha, well played!
The poster would have been nice, but I like what you’ve done.

#7975 3 years ago
Quoted from shaunpurslow:

Is this the wire divider you are talking about? If so, why is it there? What does it do besides get in the way? Can we remove it?[quoted image]

If it’s not too difficult to get to the fasteners on the underside, I’d remove it just for the heck of it to see what happens. *this is of course speaking as someone who hasn’t even set up their game yet* That wire is just odd to begin with, almost like it was added after testing. From the sounds of the issues that are happening with this thing, I would be tempted to put in a few plays with the wire removed...just as long as it doesn’t cause damage to another part in the vicinity.

#7976 3 years ago
Quoted from shaunpurslow:

Is this the wire divider you are talking about? If so, why is it there? What does it do besides get in the way? Can we remove it?[quoted image]

And, why is that area down to whitewood...isn’t that usually only done for switches? It’s such an odd little thing, maybe it was an error that made it too far into production to correct?

#7978 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

It’s part of the design to facilitate the up down ramp used in the premium and Le. The wire is meant to divert the ball away from the shooter lane when the ball comes out of the pops. To me it is the clunkiest part of the design, but to quote a wise man “It is what it is”

Ok that makes sense. What if there were a mini post (or two) in place of that wire, does it ruin the flow? Although doing so might interfere with the shooter lane.

#7981 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:That's Sorcerer. Sprung wire gate that allows a short plunge through the spinner instead of going up to the inlanes. Means you can light the R.

The more i hear about Sorcerer the more I want to find one somewhere to play!

1 week later
#8061 3 years ago

One week ‘til unboxing, gals and pals!!!

AAE8A3F1-5C05-4A5A-AA3C-AF18920091F2 (resized).jpegAAE8A3F1-5C05-4A5A-AA3C-AF18920091F2 (resized).jpeg
#8077 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

come on ! you cant be serious !!! how this great box could pass thrue the chimney ?
well, Santa secret i suppose...

Hahahaha Santa had to haul this one downstairs on a 2-wheeler...he is quite exhausted.

#8079 3 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

ouch ! only reading this and i have a big pain at my back :/ ...

I’m not as fit as I used to be, that’s for sure! Fortunately my 14-year old is now strong enough to help. He thinks the box contains a gaming chair...not sure if he will be pleased with the actual contents, or disappointed! Ha!

#8083 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

That’s one heavy mother of a gaming chair!!!! He will think it’s the deluxe model with vibration and speakers. Well at least he will have those 2 things. Just may be a bit uncomfortable. More of a recliner. Cats think it’s a great thing to place their bums on.

Hahaha for sure!
One of our cats loves our Amazing Spider-Man...he thinks it’s an interactive cat toy.

#8084 3 years ago
Quoted from edward472:

I mean I guess he can sit on it and play video games..

LOL the most uncomfortable gaming chair, ever.

1 week later
#8110 3 years ago

Happy Holidays to all! Machine unboxed and family approves!

CF798389-ADD7-4A7F-89D9-5BD90FF6B779 (resized).jpegCF798389-ADD7-4A7F-89D9-5BD90FF6B779 (resized).jpegE5465670-46DE-4F34-BE46-671EC7FC602B (resized).jpegE5465670-46DE-4F34-BE46-671EC7FC602B (resized).jpeg
#8115 3 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Oh you're right, I see red in the second pic. He must have swapped them out before the family portrait to make sure everyone was looking their best (including Deadpool).

I think this was before the swap, but I had ordered the Comet kit and Santa put it in my sock above the fireplace. Comet kit is now installed and looks great, with the very much needed spotlights to illuminate the amazing Zombie Yeti artwork. The Stern GI bulbs were clear lensed red bulbs on the sides. Next on the list of upgrades is the PinMonk color inserts, lermods disco ball and the stern shaker motor.

#8116 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Coffee and pinball...might be just as good as beer and pinball! Congrats and nice space!

Thank you! I’m thinking about adding a dorm fridge inside the coffee bar, for adult beverages.

1 week later
#8158 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I’m in the hunt for a Deadpool if anyone is selling.
I’ve been contemplating DP, JP and AIQ. I’ve played DP a few times and really like it. I played both the pro models JP and AIQ and I have to say I really like Deadpool better. Just pure fun

I was set on a Pro model due to cost, and I evaluated all three of those as part of my search. My approach was “which one loses the least amount of stuff in the Pro model” versus the Premiums. To me, DP lost the least and retained the fun of the premium model. I haven’t been sorry in the least. And in my opinion DP has the best playfield art between those three options.

#8160 3 years ago

Mods mods mods already!
Comet lighting kit, Shaker motor, disco ball, art blades, voodoo glass and pop bumper stars. Those stars were pricey but man those dudes are METAL! I think if you sharpened the points and took out the bubble glass then you could actually use them as throwing stars!
Might come in handy if I ever come under attack by ninjas whilst playing the machine...just hope I can get the glass off the playfield in time. Ha!
Next on the list is PinMonk color inserts and maybe add a trough light. Then I think I’ll be satisfied...for a minute or two!

3572FEFE-286E-49A8-9D60-5C9BF2293258 (resized).jpeg3572FEFE-286E-49A8-9D60-5C9BF2293258 (resized).jpeg821393BF-4B43-4839-9868-81701CE5FEF9 (resized).jpeg821393BF-4B43-4839-9868-81701CE5FEF9 (resized).jpeg
#8161 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Joined the club this weekend and could not be more stoked! Had rented DP back in May and my daughter and I loved it (wife hated it lol). Found a local HUO pro and can't get enough - the whole crazy package is just too much fun. I think the kid has more games on it than I do so far!
[quoted image]

Congratulations! It really is a great game. My wife REALLY wanted a Stranger Things, but that game just loses too much of the spirit of the game in the Pro model. She will probably never admit to me...but now that we have it I think she likes Deadpool better.

#8202 3 years ago
Quoted from zeldarioid:

Update on my playfield chipping issue: Stern has replied and asked for my mailing address to send me an unpopulated playfield under warranty! That was surprisingly (very pleasantly so) quick! I don’t know yet when to expect it to ship, but I at least have confirmation that they intend to replace the defective playfield

This makes me happy! I think this is really the best outcome that one could hope for. They’re not going to send a populated playfield or pay labor to swap the parts over to the new playfield. I work in the commercial office furniture industry, and most of our manufacturers will send parts all day but only a handful will cover parts AND labor (or completely replace a major assembly). Stern is doing the right thing from my perspective. Probably the only other bit of help would have to come from the distributor, if they would offer to swap the parts over for you. This is highly unlikely though, and might be a double edged sword...no one is going to take as much care with swapping the parts over as you will. Please send a photo of the new playfield when it arrived if you think about it...would love to see that Zombie Yeti artwork without all of the other ‘stuff’ in the way!

#8220 3 years ago

Hey All! Looks like my trough eject was set too high. 225 plays on the ticker. I took the eject setting down to 190 (factory set at 220). Is there anything I can do mitigate the flaking of the clear coat?

F926EFDF-EF7D-43E7-9F28-461BB8952676 (resized).jpegF926EFDF-EF7D-43E7-9F28-461BB8952676 (resized).jpeg
#8223 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Set eject as low as possible and get cliffys or similar.

Ok will do. Thanks!

1 week later
#8286 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

All....want to upgrade lighting...Comet upgrade or pinstadium? I know a different price range! Was thinking Comet because I don't feel like DP is the kind of game that would benefit from the brightness of pinstadiums. Thoughts welcome!

The Comet upgrade ain’t bad for the money...with the Comet spots in there I really don’t feel like the playfield is under-lit. Could it be brighter? Of course, but I have a Pro and I felt like my money was better spent on other things like a shaker and HD glass (expensive but definitely worth the $ to show off the beautiful playfield artwork).

#8359 3 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Trying to install the Hooked On pop bumper mod but struggling to see how they cable tie on?!?
I know robertstone0407 installed them. Can anyone else help with quality photos and info on specifically how Wolverine got cable tied to the plastic please.
Thanks guys.

I didn’t like the color of the new plastic that was provided with the caps, plus I hated to lose the artwork that was printed on it.
I ended up reusing the original caps underneath the new ones.
I carefully drilled out the pop rivets that hold in the domes so that the new caps will fit, and the new screws provided with the caps are long enough to allow for this.
I’m not gonna lie, it took awhile to drill out the rivets...they are steel and not aluminum as I had assumed so I started small on my drill but and stepped up in tiny increments and I was nearly the same diameter as the hole in the plastic before the rivet gave up. But in the end I am pleased with the end result!

01FC56F8-B95F-4081-9D9E-89C220783658 (resized).jpeg01FC56F8-B95F-4081-9D9E-89C220783658 (resized).jpegF7CABA31-4F59-4451-B219-84C50902E006 (resized).jpegF7CABA31-4F59-4451-B219-84C50902E006 (resized).jpeg
#8368 3 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Not cool - me[quoted image]

OOF! That stings. I think it’s evil that they tell you how many points you lost. Bad cricket, Stern. (JK, I actually think it’s pretty great, even if it makes a player feel bad.)

#8384 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

How often should I expect a ball coming out of little Deadpool when the drop targets lower to go straight down the middle?

You may need to do some leveling. Mine doesn’t go straight down the middle but it’s close...you definitely have to be ready to catch with your flipper sometimes or give a nudge as the ball is coming down. It’s certainly not a “gimme” ball, they still want you to work for it.

1 week later
#8466 3 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Joined the club today. Wife said no more until our new house is ready. I said “can I get a BOOM”. Had to put it in the apt because I was getting the pinball itch. Awesome game.
[quoted image]

Congratulations! A fine choice indeed.

1 week later
#8578 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you use the half-width electrical tape band around the bulb bases they won't pop out of the spotlights.

This is great advice! I haven’t had this happen on DP but it happens on some of my other games. Thanks for the pro tip!

#8581 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

What’s the best disco ball mod for the pro? Is it worth it?

I got the one from lermods and I like it. It’s well built and easy to install, but keep in mind there is a box/housing that you have to find a home for (underneath the playfield) and it’s roughly 2”x2”x4”. Not a big deal but not really mentioned much in the installation document. Also the routing of the wires isn’t clear. Originally I had the wires going through the same hole that contains the switch for the dazzler spinner, but you sort of have to snake the wire through there and I never could get it to lay flat enough to keep the wire from interfering with the dazzler switch. So I ended up removing the plastics and making a hole underneath the layered plastics. There’s an unused hole in the playfield just under that plastic, I assume for something in the premium model. The mod is fun. It doesn’t work the same way as it would in the premium model but it was good enough for me. Cheers!

1 week later
#8640 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So I will be paying off my deadpool tomorrow and will await the arrival. I'm pretty much a member without having it yet! I'm adding it to my list of games as of now. Happy to have this game in my collection soon.
I will say one thing. If you research my thoughts on this game, I've shit on it from the very beginning. I said the artwork was too busy on the playfield. I said that the street fighter animation sucked (because I'm a huge 2D fighting fan, so I had super high standards). I said that the shots didn't seem exciting. I felt it was over rated.
So why the hell am I buying it? Because I played one at a local arcade and was blown away by how awesome it was. I couldn't get enough of it. I was excited to play Jurassic Park, and it was Dead Pool that I wanted to play over and over. Im so glad I played this machine, as it is amazing.

First time I played this game was at a local bar, and it was mixed in with a lot of other great games...AFM, STTNG, IM, TNA, among others. The bar was loud enough that I couldn’t hear the music or the callouts. The machine sort of got lost in a sea of greatness, so I really wasn’t impressed with Deadpool. Then I watched a stream with Jack Danger playing, and I was hooked. You have to hear the retro sound effects, great music and callouts to truly get this game. IMO this is Zombie Yeti’s best work on a pinball machine. It’s absolutely perfect, and the way the lighting ties in with the eyes and katanas in the playfield artwork is just the best. Truly a gem of a game and I think it will be considered one of the best of its era. Just a whole lot of fun and enough nostalgia to tug at the heartstrings. George Gomez and his team did a stellar job with this one.

#8641 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Finally back, long day but worth it
[quoted image]

Worth it! congratulations!!

#8642 3 years ago
Quoted from Grossp59:

Joining the club with a new DP Pro just ordered. Wanted to get your thoughts on mods, accessories, cliffies… Is a shaker motor a must have?
Thanks!

I ended up getting HD glass and Comet LED kit before anything else. That artwork is just too amazing to be under hazy glass and under-lit. But I’m a comic book guy, so there’s that. If you don’t want to spend as much on the full LED upgrade then at the very least get two of the dual spotlights from Comet. That’s probably my only complaint is how dark the center of the playfield is, out of the box. Then I got the lermods disco ball and a shaker kit. Both worth it, but if I had to choose one or the other I’d start with the shaker. After that, I feel like the upgrades are mostly cosmetic or preferential. I got the hooked on pinball ninja star pop bumper caps, and visually they make the machine seem more like a premium machine and they look amazing. But that’s purely my own personal preference and doesn’t really enhance gameplay at all. Cheers!

#8645 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Yes what do the eyes mean when they light up?

Shoot, you would have to ask me that...lol! I think it’s when you’re in a multi ball? I think? I also think they light up when you get a bonus multiplier. I never pay attention to when it’s happening when I’m playing. Lol! Not much help here.

2 weeks later
#8779 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Don't worry DP, pinwoofer Dan's got your balls cupped;
[quoted image]

So, how do you like the pin woofer setup? Worth the money?

#8780 3 years ago

Need a flipper alignment check, please. Looks a slight bit low to me, just not sure what it should be?

69EFD9DF-9822-40AC-B5CE-320F6F36CD7E (resized).jpeg69EFD9DF-9822-40AC-B5CE-320F6F36CD7E (resized).jpeg
#8785 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

DP (and Stern in general) tend to have lower flippers. Just make sure the center of the tip is pointed directly at the dimple/hole in the playfield and you are solid.

Ok perfect I was thinking there was a visual hint in the playfield but couldn’t remember if that was it. Thank you!

1 month later
#9246 2 years ago

Screw your premeditated scarcity, stern…I’ll make my own topper.
And just for giggles I’ll refer to the one in the middle as Steve Ritchie Deadpool.

4049977C-436E-4AEE-9539-320D9FB62DFF (resized).jpeg4049977C-436E-4AEE-9539-320D9FB62DFF (resized).jpeg
#9252 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Hey all, don't have a DP but was sent here by another poster.
Just experienced my GNR with and without the Pinwoofer GT with an External Klipsch 12" sub as well as the Cab sub upgrade and the Tweeter upgrade
Thought my experience would give you some insight.
NIGHT and DAY difference.
I thought I could get by with a tap off the cab to an external sub and call it a day. Nope. The tweeter upgrade and amp make the audio "Sparkle" is the best way I can describe it! All the while providing amazing bass, no hum, no rattle..just perfect blend. I'm hearing spatial orientation and callouts and sound effects that did not exist with the factory setup!
The ability to adjust the backbox volume and equalize things is HUGE.
A++++
Sorry this turned into a commercial but this is a must have mod IMHO where audio is important

Proper amplification makes a huge difference in any sort of sound system. It brings out the nuances in music that are not heard otherwise. Glad to hear that you are pleased with the kit…I guess it’s time to move pinwoofer up to the top of my most wanted mods list!

#9269 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

My BM66 finally has a new friend - born just a few days ago. Good to finally be in the club! Now I've got 9,264 posts to read!
[quoted image][quoted image]

That is a fine pair, indeed. Congratulations!!

#9314 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Anyone willing to share power settings and general setup for making the game a bit more casual friendly? Just unboxed the game and it’s pretty brutal (at least compared to AIQ and JP2) - I toned the slings and flipper power down just a bit, but still getting a lot of STDM rejects and frequent outlane drains. I have the bubble centered and measured 6.5 at the flippers, game is level. Any tips would be appreciated!

Also tone down the power for the solenoid that feeds the shooter lane, mine was set too high from the factory and it chipped the clear coat in the shooter lane before there were even 50 plays. Added Cliffys to ward off further damage.
Also you might want to tinker with the power on the hellhouse scoop for casual players.

4 months later
#10490 2 years ago

I found these little fellows at Hot Topic…I cut off and filed the pinpoints, then applied some weather stripping and found some really thin zip ties that would fit into the loops on the back where the little kickstand would go.

5201AD39-4236-460A-B989-A9B4739CBC5A (resized).jpeg5201AD39-4236-460A-B989-A9B4739CBC5A (resized).jpeg
#10492 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Got my katana handle mod from Lucxor today and it looks awesome! Very nice quality and easy to install. Very happy with it!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!! So much better than the flat plastic.

#10503 2 years ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Thank you for that huge compliment.
It makes all the work worth it.

Well done!

#10515 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

And the Adult setting is probably what you would think of as being the Kids setting for most things. Very mild, usually making fun, no cussing.

I was sort of disappointed that the adult mode wasn’t just a bit more ‘adult’. I wasn’t expecting f-bombs or anything but I was expecting a little stronger language. That being said I understand why Mr. Gomez chose to keep it PG-13, and it was definitely the right way to go.

2 weeks later
#10645 2 years ago

Not anything to do with the game, but my awesome wife found a coffee tumbler for me to use whilst I play….

A3B2AAF7-CB9B-4BDA-BD8A-9EDB7824C278 (resized).jpegA3B2AAF7-CB9B-4BDA-BD8A-9EDB7824C278 (resized).jpeg
#10650 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Same here with no production schedule yet.

My guess is they’re devoting most of their available production resources to Godzilla? That really stinks for people who have been waiting a while.

#10662 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

It does stink. I understand the supply chain/labor issues, but it would seem they would have to slow down their release schedule to catch up on existing orders. For the record, I have two machines on order (one is DP Premium) that were suppossed to be delivered by the end of the year. My hopes are running thin as Stern has no real incentive to deliver more this year; starting 1/1/22, they will be charging more. I will have to seriously consider whether I would be willing to pay the price increase due to a month or so delay.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"f4cd256b40674c9aeaaaf5ea02e0c1be37bd061d-1633037763-1800"};
//]]>

I cancelled my BM66 order for this very reason. I was already pushing my budget limits when the last increase came down, so the more I heard that production was going to get pushed to end of year the more I was concerned that it would get pushed again to first quarter and subject to the latest increase. That’s just too much for a game that quite frankly just doesn’t have as much in it as the new premiums do. It killed me to cancel, as BM66 is one of my dream machines…but my dollars only stretch so far these days.

#10663 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I hear you man, but it could really come down to something "small" such as the center insert light board simply isn't available. Or maybe they got a shipment and they were bad. Stuff happens. They build what they can. I don't think its a conspiracy to push games past January. They are a production house that needs to build to stay afloat.

Agree, and I read an article a couple of weeks ago about how there are companies making heavy machinery and whatnot (like, hundreds of thousands of dollar-types of machines) that are 99% complete, just sitting on the shipping dock or manufacturing floor and waiting for one gear or widget or whatever to arrive so they can button it up and send it out the door.
I was talking to one of my commercial furniture manufacturers’ reps today (whom I’ve known for decades now) and he said “Man, it’s getting BAD…like, REALLY bad” in terms of just getting raw materials and metal subassemblies and such.

#10673 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

JJ told me last week that a new run of the DP topper was coming down the line. They are up for pre-order on the GEX site.

Woo Hoo! Mine is ordered and paid for…just waiting on it to be born.

#10676 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:Deadpool peeps, I could use some gameplay tips! So, I am relatively new to pinball (used to play when I was a teen) and just started playing again on location this year along with virtual pinball. I'm definitely getting better with ball control now that I own a Deadpool Pro, and I can also aim some shots and even nudge a little. But, I still feel like my scores are pretty low.
My question is, what's a realistic consistent score goal early on? My high is only 165,000,000, but I seldom get close to it. I have really crappy runs at like 10,000,000, usually because I'm just practicing shots, but generally speaking I get around 30,000,000 to 65,000,000 consistently. I'm using factory settings and 3 balls. I feel like that range is pretty terrible, and I should be doing much better than that and also gradually breaking my high score. I practice every night and will have a few decent overall runs, or a few decent single ball runs, but lots of bad games mixed in between. Am I just terrible right now, or is that normal? I miss the left Dazzler spinner shot often, which is frustrating. What shots are safe that I should mostly aim for, and what shots are risky, and I should try sparingly? Deadpool seems like a high scoring game, but I'm definitely not there yet.
Still loving the machine though!

Do you have fun when you play it? Of course you do, it’s Deadpool! IMO the score means little if you’re having a great time. Other than the standups on the sides there aren’t really any ‘gimme’ shots in the game. Yes it can be a high-scoring game but it certainly makes you work for it. I’ve had mine for nearly a year and I’m still trying to understand the timing and angles for my shots. Here are my hack tips:
If I’m playing for score I try to get as many ninjas, chimis, and weapons as i can to build up my bonus early (as much as possible on ball 1). I spend a lot of my first ball trying for them, as well as the multiplier. And it’s fun to hear that bonus pitch keep getting higher and higher at the end of every ball!
Also it seems like I really get on a roll with ninja multiball and keep it going for a while, so I end up with hella points just playing defense in front of the outhole. Sort of the spray and pray tactic, but seems to work pretty good for me and I end up between 250 and 350 that way. Really my main goal when I play is beating the baddies, completing the quests, getting to mechsuit and hopefully beyond (someday) so at the end of the game the points are just gravy to me.
Spend some games just practicing hitting the shots that you have trouble with, so you understand where the ball needs to be on the flipper and how much speed (or how little speed) the ball needs to make that particular shot.

#10683 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

Picked up an le the other day with 115 plays on it. Gonna add a lot more. Best game ever and I own all the top rated ones.
[quoted image]

Two Gomez classics right next to each other?!? I’m jelly!
That kiddo doesn’t know it yet, but he’s got the best parent ever.

#10684 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Thanks for the tips everyone! There’s no doubt I’m having fun with the machine. Right after posting, I played a little bit and got over 215,000,000. Still not amazing, but finally beat my high score. The timing was definitely ironic! Getting the ninja multi ball was the factor I think.
I don’t have the machine set to restart a game, so when I have a bad first ball, I have to live with it. I figure on location, that’s the way it’s going to be, so I might as well get used to it. Now if only I could consistently nail that left orbit shot!

I still can’t hit the left orbit consistently, after 11 months of trying! Ha! It’s a tougher shot than it looks.

1 month later
#11107 2 years ago

Added topper last nite.
Does anyone know if there are extras that get unlocked with the topper installed?
I think that I heard/read somewhere that some toppers on specific titles unlock special features, but I haven’t heard of Deadpool being one of those in particular.

#11109 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

DP isn't one of them

Bummer! Thanks for verifying. The light show on the topper is pretty good though. I wish they hadn’t cheaped out on this one though…a talking head like they did for BKSOR would’ve been amazing.

#11112 2 years ago

Hahahaha I have seen those at GameStop and thought that it would make a great start to a topper. In many ways, I actually like the topper that I made with Funko Pop figures better than the Stern topper.

#11129 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Played a few games on Godzilla last weekend. It was just the same as the Avengers next to it as far as I'm concerned. Just pop outs all the same with melted crayon artwork.
Happy that you like it, but none of the Sterns after Deadpool do it for me (i do have an Elvira on order after hearing about how well it plays though).

This is surprising. Were you playing a Premium? Maybe it wasn’t in the right environment. The first time I played Deadpool was in a bar, I couldn’t hear the callouts or the music. The playfield didn’t have the spotlight kit, so the beautiful artwork wasn’t lit up…It was very “meh” to me in that environment.
To me the game has to be in an environment where I could experience everything that the game has to offer. IMO ‘Zilla is a knockout, and AIQ pales in comparison.

#11151 2 years ago
Quoted from Djphil1:

Hey guys I just joined the club! Anything special I should know about this game. I already have been reseating cables because of the random lights going off when flipping.

Welcome to the club! Have you ordered your bolts to attach it to the floor? Truly a special game and it will make you smile every time you play it.

#11170 2 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

No at home by swiping the bottom arch of my GZLE… [quoted image]

Quoted from awesome1:

1.06 code changed the scoring layout... always shows 4 players now. Going to take me a bit to get used to it.
[quoted image]

First of all, which speaker panel lighting kit do you have? Me likey.
Secondly, any big changes that you’ve noticed during gameplay? My brother was pretty psyched about all of the updates to TMNT, but just looking through the update info in this thread it seems like the updates for DP are relatively minor.

3 weeks later
#11385 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Could anyone with the topper let me know how it’s supposed to behave/what it’s supposed to do and when? Thanks

Topper will have mode-specific patterns with the light sequencing. Deadpool will thumbs up when you do something good like hit a lit shot or defeat an enemy or whatnot, thumbs down when you miss a shot, hit an outlane, et cetera. Overall not the most dynamic topper, and to be honest it’s difficult to really pay attention to it much whilst playing. Overall adds a bit of extra fun and visual appeal for spectators.

#11391 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thanks it seemed a little random so I wasn’t sure if it was working properly. Seems his thumb will be on the move alot then based on your play.
Should it stay in the thumbs up position if your playing well? Pretty sure even when I am hitting shots back to back it’s still on the move/spinning and stopping again at thumbs up.

It does move a lot, and seems like it’s not always in direct correlation with whatever you’re doing. Honestly I think I’d rather have it move less. Even just a thumbs direction at the time of plunge and then again when game is over would be enough for me. Since it’s not quite as interactive in real time as the one for BKSOR, I feel like less is more. It’s a real shame that they didn’t do something more like that one, as I think it would’ve been a much more complementary accessory. Unfortunately at the time they had no idea what people would be willing to pay for a topper so they were concerned about the cost being too high.

5 months later
#13106 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_H:

Hahahaha, apologies!

No need to apologize! I like the ninja star pop bumper caps from Hooked On Pinball, they are legit. Comet spotlight/light kit or pinstadium kit (if you have the means) is a must in my book…light up that beautiful Zombie Yeti artwork to the max. I like the shaker but it’s not a must-have in my opinion. LerMods disco ball is pretty cool (if you have a Pro without one). Katana blade side armor looks great and in my opinion worth the money to protect the area around the buttons It can be a little tricky if the existing screw holes in your cabinet are not spot-on from the factory. The holes in mine were just a bit off, and it was enough to make the metal on the armor a bit wavy in appearance until I redrilled a couple of holes. Art blades are fun too. Are there any must-have mods? That depends on what you want out of the game in terms of enjoyment. Really the only must-have mod to change the game in any meaningful way is adding the Insider Connected kit. Everything else just makes the machine customized to fit your taste. Cheers!

#13108 1 year ago
Quoted from revoke:

Well I made it into the club, finally received my NIB after almost a year after my initial order. I was expecting a small price hike from my initial deposit due to the whole Insider Connected add-on but I was caught off-guard with my dealer adding on an extra out-of-state sales tax, apparently went into effect sometime this year. Bummed I didn't receive a notice about it, but considering used prices and not being able to find another dealer who had NIB ready to ship AND didn't charge tax I ended up just taking the hit on it.
Still excited to own it, it's always been my go-to at the local brewery and feels even more amazing to have at home.
[quoted image]

Congratulations!! Unless you played it at a super-quiet brewery, you will like it even more at home. So many great callouts, sounds and music in the game that really can’t be appreciated on location with all of the other background noise. It truly is a modern classic. Cheers!!

3 months later
#13919 1 year ago
Quoted from superNoid:

Got a Deadpool Pro on the way, super excited to join the club!

Hey!! Congratulations!!! To quote DP himself…”This is gonna be the best money you’ve ever spent!”

10 months later
#14961 9 months ago

Fun little parcel arrived via Royal Mail today…looking forward to installing!

IMG_1058 (resized).jpegIMG_1058 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Papillion, NE
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MasterBlaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=MasterBlaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.