(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,261 posts
  • 1,089 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Minibull
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jason_Jehosaphat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

4x BOOM!!!!
[quoted image]

Four Deadpools for a single location?

This is why drinking mirco-brew beer *before* placing pinball orders is ill-advised.

At least you didn't order four LE's! Or are those coming?

1 year later
#5834 4 years ago

Playfield Chip Spots?

Please tell me the spots on DP's playfield that are apt to have clearcoat chipping.
I'm looking at a routed game for sale and I would like to know where to point my inspection light when looking it over. A closeup photo or two of examples would be super helpful. I'm looking through the photo gallery here now but haven't come across an example yet. I will look in the "Playfield Issues" thread next.
Thanks!

#5837 4 years ago

Thanks, New and MJ, for the tip.
The lane divider between the Katana shot and the right orbit is the only trouble shot I've found so far. Nice that Cliffy offers a protector for that spot!

DP.PF.chip (resized).jpgDP.PF.chip (resized).jpg
#5839 4 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

The posts under the slings.

Also good to know.
Thanks!

#5840 4 years ago

Zones of Severe Dimpling?

I've read about some serious dimpling issues with some of DP's playfields.
Please tell me where, in particular, they form. Mid-PF?
And is there a production date-range that saw more soft playfields?

#5842 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

DP has a ton of airballs. Mechsuit really brings out the banging. My machine has dimpling on the left hand side more than the right. Over by the ramp, by Deapool artwork with his katana. I chalk that up to multiball shots hitting as the scoop ejects. I've had the loudest glass bangs ever on my Deadpool.

Hmm. An airball-heavy layout! Wild. Glass taps are always alarming to me. Has anyone ever broken a sheet a glass that way? Imagine the mess!

2 years later
#12406 1 year ago

PRO Owners: What Powder-Coat Color Looks Great on Your Game?

Hi.

I'm just curious to know if a particular color worked out well for the custom trim on your PRO.

I found a good photo in this thread of one example done by Steve in MI that seems to be a metallic purple - not very different from the purple set seen so often on MET.

I realize plenty of customizers will suggest red for the trim on DP PRO, but I don't need *that* much red on my game. I think there are other colors in the cabinet art that could complement trim colors other than red. The purple is a good example.

If you can post a photo of your game here, I would love to see it.

Thanks.

#12409 1 year ago

Thanks, Punkin.
Very helpful!
You even included the color swatch and code!
I feel like I've seen this color on GB PRO.
Your game looks dope. Great job!
(Who does your interior decorating, BTW?)

#12410 1 year ago

Mirrors vs. Artblades:

Who has mirrors in his DP and loves them?
Who has artblades and would never have anything *but* artblades?

I can find five different artblade designs for this game:

* Stern OEM
* Tilt Graphics
* Pingraffix
* Wiz Mods
* Retro Refurbs

1 week later
#12463 1 year ago

Shipping Alerts?

I have a PRO preorder and was expecting DP to be on the line next month.
However, I just noticed a post from another Pinsider in another thread that he was asked to pay his preorder balance and to expect his PRO to ship next week.
Has anyone else with a DP preorder been alerted? Is DP on the line earlier than scheduled?

1 week later
#12664 1 year ago

Playfield Leveling/Alignment Help Sought:

My plunge-to-left-flipper-to-Katana shot - my favorite of this game - isn't working, nor is the right-spinner-loop-to-left-flipper shot. Specifically, the ball grazes the left sling as it comes to the left flipper. It will sometimes fire the sling, or it will graze the bottom of the sling, disturbing the timing of the flip. If I wait for a dead flip, the ball will sometimes carom off the heel of the sling and go SDTM.

I realize the fix here should be about pitch/level, but I can't get it to work despite much experimentation. My spirit level is in the middle, which I assume means the pitch is 6.5-degrees. I "cheated" the PF level a little to the right, but that didn't solve it. What I want to avoid is deliberately misleveling the cabinet just to get this one shot to work. Doing that would disturb the other shots, obviously. Will it be necessary to change the position of the playfield ball guide that ends just above the left bank of drop targets?

Does a steeper- or gentler pitch help these shots work?

Thanks in advance.

#12691 1 year ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

If you know the previous owner ask them if what is going on now was normal.

Thanks for your response.
I guess I assumed this is a common issue and there would be a few suggestions.
I did in fact play this machine in its former home and I don’t recall noticing this issue.
I went through this same layout challenge on TWD. The Tunnel shot would emerge to the left orbit and, on its way to the left flipper, would graze the left sling.

2 weeks later
#12938 1 year ago

Anyone have an issue with the ball grazing the sling rather than feed the left flipper when exiting the right orbit? If you do and would like to know my solution, here is a link to my fresh post on the subject:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-handle-orbit-ballguide-issue-on-deadpool#post-6941496

1 week later
#13120 1 year ago

Open to offers. Local sale preferred, but will ship via STI if nothing local materializes within a few days.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “* Stern Insider Connected * Stern topper * Stern artblades * Stern Katana armor * Stern shooter * Stern shaker * Stern Deadpool banner * Stern Ninja Stars bumper-caps mod * Stern g...”
2022-05-30
Minneapolis, MN
10,450 (OBO)
Archived after: 11 days
Viewed: 503 times

2 weeks later
#13327 1 year ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Two questions:
1. What is the recommended flipper strength for this game?

I've never read her or anywhere of the need to change the flipper power away from the default.

If the ball isn't making the cross the ramp and into the Katana lock, the problem is likely just a less-than-true shot. If the game is pitched right (not more than 7-degrees), a clean shot to the cross ramp will reach the Katana - either to be locked or for a pass-through.

If your game has lots of plays and hasn't been serviced, a flipper rebuild could reclaim some flipper power. New sleeves, stops, and plungers, as well as return springs and bushings, always liven up flippers.

Lastly, there are rejections from the cross ramp that will drain SDTM, but the ball needs just the right amount of pace to do it. A slow rejection will likely fall to the right flipper; a fast one to the left. It needs to be just right to drain SDTM - and therefore, thankfully, it's uncommon. It can't really be adjusted out of the game. If your game is level, right to left, and the pitch is at or near 7-degrees, the risk is always going to be there. I think expecting to save the ball with a deft nudge, the instant it rolls to the edge of that cross-ramp ballguide, is wishful thinking. You're probably better off trying a tip slide (taking a warning in the process). A tip slide (aka tip nudge) is a drastic SDTM save involving raising a flipper and sliding the machine left or right an inch or two to actually bring the flipper tip into the path of the ball to nudge it to the opposite flipper.

#13333 1 year ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Good old stern quality control. Getting protectors on and examine playfield before I really dive in. Coin door was only attached with a single bolt, so one trip to the hardware store already. Now I’ve noticed a loose long screw on the sling and found the culprit. I don’t know the exact name for this (is it a tnut?) or the size, so hopeful someone can point me in the right direction before I head out.
[quoted image]

I don't recall if the slings use 6-32 or 8-32 screws. Get a small pack of T-nuts in each size to be sure. At the factory they are pounded in from the back. Press the T-nut into the hole enough that it stays put, then use a 10mm deep socket in a short extension and strike it smartly with a hammer like a sculptor chiseling granite. The socket will help spread the load across the hole nut, lowering the risk of drifting it in at a funny angle. Do NOT attempt to strike the back of the nut with the hammer alone. If you miss, you risk doing damage, obviously.

3 months later
#14067 1 year ago

I have a Lucxor Katana Handle Mod that I no longer need. It arrived from Switzerland after I sold my game. I don't believe these are available any longer, as I'm not seeing them in the Marketplace. I will ship it to you in its original box with all original contents. I just want what I paid for it. PM me with interest. Thanks.

2CB5E94C-C884-4513-8FDC-A27E7BD25784 (resized).jpeg2CB5E94C-C884-4513-8FDC-A27E7BD25784 (resized).jpeg
Added 18 months ago:

NLFS

3 weeks later
#14175 1 year ago

For Sale/Trade:

1. Stern Factory DP Topper - NIB

2. Stern Factory DP Shooter Rod and Housing - New

Hoping to trade the topper (adding $50) for a factory Jurassic Park topper.

Shooter sold separately ($80 plus shipping).

PM with interest.

Thanks.

IMG_0613 (resized).jpgIMG_0613 (resized).jpg

IMG_0625 (resized).jpgIMG_0625 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jason_Jehosaphat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=Jason_Jehosaphat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.