(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,261 posts
  • 1,089 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by Minibull
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JStoltz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10603 2 years ago

Considering trying to snag a Deadpool Pro sometime in late '22, early '23. Got a Mando Premium on the way in early '22, but considering the long lead times on new machines I figured I might try planning ahead a little.

What are the club's thoughts? Will DP still be in production at that point? Is the Premium worth the extra $$?

I've played a lot of DP on location (most on an LE, actually) and always enjoy it, but can't say I'm a good enough player to actually "miss" the controlled ramp. My understanding is the drop targets on the premium are a little less punishing than the standups on the pro. I do like the art more on the Pro, but in a basement lineup I don't think that really factors in that much for me.

Anyway-- any suggestions? Thanks!

#10615 2 years ago
Quoted from Ocelot:

I have a Deadpool Premium and a JJP Wonka Limited Edition. Both are considered the middle tier of the "Good", "Better," "Best" marketing tiers.
Personally, I don't give a whit about artwork, powder coating, autographed plaques, alternate voice tracks, etc. I just don't. Artwork from the Pro, to the Premium to the L.E. is all great and after two seconds I'm over it.
What does concern me, though, is the game itself. I think the disco ball mode (mech, software, light show, etc.) is really cool. I also like physical drop targets -- hitting something physical and having it disappear is part of the whole appeal of pinball for me. The ramp ball return to the right flipper is also cool in that its a mech that interacts physically with the ball.
In Wonka, it's a ball lock that holds the balls -- where you can see them -- above the playfield and puts on a big show when its time to release them, one by one.
The question that's always presented is: Is X upgrade worth $x,xxx.xx? The short answer is no. Of course not. But I would miss them if they weren't there. And my OCD would keep me up at night knowing there was more "game" available out there that I wasn't privy to. I just want the whole game and I make my purchasing decisions based on that.
But that's me and there's obviously no wrong answer. You can't miss it if you never had it and if the difference between the pro and the next tier is a dealbreaker than, of course, get what you can. This is a cool hobby especially if you're an 80s kid like me who grew up on coin-op vids at the mall and never gave pinball as much as a second glance. There's no bigger zealot than the newly converted, right?
So yeah, it makes sense for guys with routes to order pros because less things to go wrong means more money in the long run or people with limited funds. I totally get it. But if its in my game room, "Bolted to the floor" as they say? Hell, yeah, give me the whole game.

Thanks for the thoughtful response! I think you’ve convinced me on the premium, since I already know I love playing it and I also seem to suffer from the “I know I’m missing out on something, even if it’s potentially trivial” mindset. I will likely ask around to some distributors sometime in ‘22 to see about getting on a list for premiums, and if they stop production before then, I’ll just keep a lookout for used ones.

#10658 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:I think they are building what they can, meaning what parts they have on hand. They may be missing one or two parts to prevent full deadpool runs or any game really.

Agree-- Have to think that if they had the manpower and/or parts they'd be looking at renting more space to build more machines with those people/parts. With a backlog like they have, and demand being what it currently is, they're leaving money on the table by delaying. Leads me to believe delays are entirely supply/manpower based and not motivated by the impending price increase.

I have a feeling (and obviously no numbers to back it up) that the difference in margin on machines made in '22 vs '21 (post price hike) is less of a concern than their ability to churn out more games now. Making more of their backlogged games now (even at a smaller margin) would still equate to more profit for them on any given day/week/month.

2 months later
#11361 2 years ago

Preordered a Deadpool Premium today, estimated production late Summer '22!

Would it be weird to have my employer just deposit a percentage of my paycheck into a Pinball savings account? Looks like I'll basically be doing the same thing by hand each pay period...

4 weeks later
#11516 2 years ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

You know the distributors are just as frustrated and annoyed as you are right? You're buying a pin from Stern, the distributor is just a middle man.
All price increases come from Stern. All delays come from Stern. Why should the distributor take a hit just because a deposit was put down before a price increase from Stern? Should they be penalized for problems caused by the manufacturer?
You aren't actually putting a deposit down for a machine, you are putting down a deposit for a spot in the queue for whatever allotment of machines that distributor is getting at whatever price Stern is asking at the time of delivery.
I'm not saying all this isn't annoying or aggravating, I'm saying direct the ire at who is actually responsible for the delays and price increases. Not that it would do any good since it's all about supply and demand for toys

Agree with all of this for sure.

This climate of backlogged orders is (to my limited knowledge) a new thing for the industry entirely. Some distributors are handling it well, others not so much. I think the (new) measure of a good distributor is their ability to regularly communicate with and set expectations for their customers.

That said, I do think Stern is doing everyone (distributors and buyers alike) a disservice by not keeping their production schedule posted and periodically updated for all to see. The most frustrating thing about production delays, in my opinion, is how poorly the schedule changes are disseminated by Stern to all the stakeholders (again, distributors and buyers both). Not asking for the moon here, just a weekly update to a (tentative) production schedule posted on their website so that there's a single point of truth regarding delays, production, etc.

#11523 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

But I also empathize with manufacturers over their delays. Between part shortages, logistics challenges, and new COVID variants I doubt they can predict their production schedules with any real accuracy.

Yep, total moving target. I’m just saying if they can send this information to distributors each week (seems like they do), why not just post it somewhere where everyone can see it (understanding that it’s VERY tentative) so that we don’t have people running around with conflicting info.

The other solution would be to rely on distributors to put that info out regularly, but Flip N Out seems like the only distributor that currently does so consistently*. End result is that the buyers with orders in at less proactive/communicative distributors are walking around with outdated/bad info, which only breeds more frustrations when they finally do find about schedule changes.

*maybe other distros do this for their customers privately, but the number of people with pending orders who are asking pinside for production updates (rather than their distributor) seems to suggest otherwise.

Anyway, to keep this club related… I’m looking forward to an August Premium. Will probably get a shaker motor, Cliffy’s, and upgraded speakers for it. Any other “must haves” I should be planning on?

#11550 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

So are any of you guys really into the Deadpool comic and can talk about how accurate the game is? Or maybe where they took some "license" for lack of a better term?

It draws some influences, but largely Stern was allowed to create their own content and "extend" the license as they saw fit. If you check out Episode #30 of "Just Another Pinball Podcast" they talk about the licensing and content quite a bit. It's also a great all around podcast episode, lots of cool details about the making of the machine.

https://www.thepinballnetwork.net/e/just-another-pinball-podcast-ep-30-deadpool-breakdown-wgeorge-gomez-tanio-klyce/

#11634 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

He’s collecting them, he’s reaching out for that one on the top of the translite.
I have been thinking about looking into getting a Pro translite mirrored as I am not a fan of the premium/LE translite artwork.

Interested in this, how would one go about getting an “aftermarket” mirrored version of a translite?

#11656 2 years ago
Quoted from dzmechanical:

I am picking up a Deadpool Le this weekend. Hoping this game is a keeper!
Any thoughts......

For sure a keeper. Normally I'd ask why you're buying an LE if you aren't sure you're going to like it, but it seems like pricing is all over the place right now anyway.. so maybe you're onto something.

1 week later
#11735 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Out of random chance for anyone thats gotten the IC kit, in the bag of goodies with plastics does it have the insert for the apron there? Long shot but if they print it in sets wouldnt be crazy for them to throw it in there. I see sets sold on different sites that include those plastics to mount in the apron so if its not included, I might just bite the bullet and buy one of those.

I don't think the retrofit kits come with the plastics.

Also, not sure on DP (I assume it's the same situation), but my born on 1/21/22 Mando Premium did not come with the triangular plastic to replace the IC reader. Would have been nice if it did, I like the artwork more and would probably consider moving the reader to the coin door if if they still sent the plastic with the machine.

1 month later
#12249 2 years ago

Anybody in the club have one of the Deadpool banners they’re willing to part with? Need to make the basement stairs more welcoming for the premium we’re expecting this summer.

I have a Jurassic Park banner I would be willing to trade with you, or could buy it off of you outright. Shoot me a pm!

#12251 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Flipnout probably has them in stock?

D'oh! I always forget that they've got banners too. I've gotten my others from eBay/pinside in the past and for some reason didn't think about checking with them. Will do, thanks!

1 week later
#12271 2 years ago
Quoted from JStoltz:

Anybody in the club have one of the Deadpool banners they’re willing to part with? Need to make the basement stairs more welcoming for the premium we’re expecting this summer.
I have a Jurassic Park banner I would be willing to trade with you, or could buy it off of you outright. Shoot me a pm!

Closing this loop, I found a banner at Hemispheres Amusements (https://www.hemispheresamusements.com/) for $125 + shipping. Checked with a few distributors near me but that's the only one that got back to me about it. Just had to call and ask.

#12281 2 years ago

Anticipating a Summer Premium, calls for an update to the Gomez Wall(tm)!

6A2CB07F-B8F2-42A1-8476-3E44BB7B9960 (resized).jpeg6A2CB07F-B8F2-42A1-8476-3E44BB7B9960 (resized).jpeg
#12292 2 years ago
Quoted from Hightechaddict:

Ordered one more thing for the pile of mods I have waiting for the actual machine to arrive!

Haha, I'm in the exact same boat. Got the HurryUpPinball diverter/ramp mods in the mail over the weekend.

Quoted from Lucxor:

If anyone is interested in my high-quality katana handle with changeable color filter, write me a PM.

PM sent, Lucxor . Wasn't sure if you preferred the direct PM instead of buying from your shop (since you said PM here), so went with the PM.

1 week later
#12333 2 years ago

Expecting an early-May Premium as well, pretty stoked at the production being moved up! Never would have expected to get my first and second NIB in less than four months, gonna have to give the wallet a serious break after this one.

Quoted from PfRedflyer:

I'm so excited about the date moving up! Deadpool is gonna be my first pin and I ordered some Pin Stadiums ahead of time because of their TPF sale. Now that the dates moved up I've gotta get a shaker motor too!

1 week later
#12415 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Does Deadpool suffer from flipper fade at all (I haven't gotten to play mine for long durations yet)? Is there any benefit to flipper coil fans on DP?

Check out the table in PinMonk 's Marketplace listing for the Spike 2 Flipper fans; it shows some data he collected on the different machines. Someone else with experience before/after installing the fans might be able to comment on the perceived difference in play, though-- this just shows you that certain flipper coils on certain games do/don't heat up after extended play.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/04203-tibetan-breeze-spike2-flipper-coil-cooling-kit
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#12468 1 year ago

Also just got the text today that our DP Premium should be shipping in a couple weeks. Lucxor katana handle is on its way from Europe as well!

#12469 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Would there be much interest in a right apron decal for all those that have recently received premiums with the insider connect mounted on their aprons?

I would be interested in seeing the right apron plastic inverted so that it could be moved to the left side of the apron, replacing the less pleasing-to-look-at Cable plastic with a Deadpool one. I’m fine with the Insider Connected scanner in the apron, just wish they would have sacrificed Cable instead of Deadpool.

79E81BDE-A2E7-40F3-8352-1C900E08F1F0 (resized).jpeg79E81BDE-A2E7-40F3-8352-1C900E08F1F0 (resized).jpeg
#12489 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I might create one using Dazzler if that’s of any interest but first I’m going to create an exact copy of the factory plastic.

If you end up doing a bunch of "right" apron plastic with the Deadpool character art and are able to do a few mirrored "left" apron plastics with the same art, I'd be happy to pay you for the trouble/shipping/etc.

I'd guess I'm not the only one who prefers Deadpool over Cable on the Prem/LE IC apron, so it might be worth running a handful?

#12537 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Freshly drilled so I have simply ran a black marker pen around the hole to hide the silver that’s left once drilled.
Will touch it up better before installing but this is pretty much just done, super easy. Oh and there is no scratching around the hole that’s pencil I haven’t rubbed off yet as I have the other side to drill now.
[quoted image]

Clever! Might even be able to find a low profile rubber grommet to "finish" the look. Something like:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Gardner-Bender-3-4-in-Grommet-3-Pack-GHG-1575/205861893?source=shoppingads&locale=en-US&&mtc=Shopping-CM-F_D27-G-D27-027_011_TOOLS_ACC-NA-NA-NA-SMART-2997116-WF-New_Engen_PL3&cm_mmc=Shopping-CM-F_D27-G-D27-027_011_TOOLS_ACC-NA-NA-NA-SMART-2997116-WF-New_Engen_PL3-71700000082410808-58700006989412257-92700062912530339&gclid=Cj0KCQjwma6TBhDIARIsAOKuANxm8pdRA4aB0uGu01QOAFPAqyjFxtdCN0JfeDu8GCpelajv0ThSO0QaAgDXEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

#12544 1 year ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

Good day,
Finally got notice to pay off our preorder for our Deadpool Pro to ship soon, and just looking for some "new owner" advice. Got what I thought to be the "essential" upgrades coming already (ramp and plastic protectors, upgraded pop bumper caps, Disco Ball and Chimi truck + a few other small items) but curious what else we should be looking at Day 1. We own an AIQ and the movie music mod has been a game changer for us, is there a similar upgrade I should be downloading ahead of time for DP? Anything else a new owner should be aware of?
Very excited to finally play this machine in an atmosphere where we can hear the callouts, on location is always disappointing in that regard.

Lot of folks suggest @Pinmonk's colored gels for the 2x/3x/4x/5x, BOOM lanes, and the mode ladders. Also see a lot of suggestions to replace the stock red GI bulbs with Comet 2SMD Frosted Sunlight bulbs, as well as get their additional spotlighting kit for brightening up the middle of the playfield. Check the last page or two of the thread on that last one though, there's a good amount of discussion on alternatives.

EDIT: Shaker motor!

#12575 1 year ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

I was just burning through some royalty-free music for a work project when I stumbled upon this bad boy!
https://www.storyblocks.com/audio/stock/hip-hop-power-rap-rleghzh2iwrk0wxra4p.html

Listening to the backing track on its own, I keep picturing an actual string section playing the main hook. Would be an appropriate amount of overkill for Deadpool.

#12582 1 year ago
Quoted from blazingsaddlz:

For those who are receiving new games right now, are they pros or premiums? I'm waiting on a warranty pro populated playfield replacement, and I've been patient about not pestering Stern about it. If people are receiving pros, I may shoot Stern an email.

Sounds like Pros are going out right now, Premiums probably in the next week or so.

#12601 1 year ago
Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

This Colossus figure replaces the plastic one perfectly, you can use small zip ties on his feet ebay.com link: itm[quoted image]

"Includes CLASSIFIED file with SECRET code!" -- Nice!! Maybe the missing Kraken mode?!

2 weeks later
#12992 1 year ago

Joined the club today, thanks ZMeny ! Only got a few games in after setting it up tonight but I’m already loving playing it in a home environment and being able to hear everything.

I’ll also say the premium artwork looks way better in person than in pictures. It was my least favorite of the packages prior to unboxing it and seeing it in person. Could be biased, though!

Bonus dog content included also, since I’m one of those people.

4DC7C3A3-FDEE-4D67-8548-954FEE3F50CF (resized).jpeg4DC7C3A3-FDEE-4D67-8548-954FEE3F50CF (resized).jpeg79E5C297-1B42-46B5-9C84-C81D7ACC6F67 (resized).jpeg79E5C297-1B42-46B5-9C84-C81D7ACC6F67 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#13176 1 year ago

Anybody in the club have experience with a game that takes what seems like an extra long time to boot up? From power switch to “Stern” logo splash screen, my new Premium seems to take like 45 seconds. My Batman 66 and Mando both get to that splash screen in maybe 10 seconds tops.

Once Deadpool is on it plays just fine, but thought I’d ask. Don’t want to bother stern or Distro with a non-issue just yet. Thanks!

#13178 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

There’s a “quick startup” setting in one of the menus that may help

Thanks! Just checked, Standard adjustment #59 is already set to fast boot… weird.

1 month later
#13488 1 year ago
Quoted from adam12hicks:

For those who have powdercoated - I haven't done a lock bar with the rivets before. I see Pinball life has new lock bars for $99 which I might grab and have done vs. drilling out the old one, but for as many tools as I own and have used, I've never used a rivet gun. Is the process of re-applying the Boom plate pretty simple? Thanks!

If you're willing to spend $99 on a new lock bar, I'm guessing you probably wouldn't mind dropping $30 on a decent riveter. They're very easy to use, just loosely fit the long end of a rivet in the riveter, push the shorter end of the rivet through the lockdown bar hole, and squeeze the handle of the riveter. That's it, really.

Plus, if you ever have to mess with any of your downspouts or anything similar around your house, now you have the tool you need for it!

#13491 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

pop rivets are not the way to go if you can use regular rivets

Educate me please! Only ever used pop rivets before, so assumed that was fine... adam12hicks would appreciate the wisdom as well, I'm sure!

1 week later
#13558 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

I see only Wolverine and the the Disco lady on the left as a figurine. I had to install the Deadpool plastic on a Hammock on the left ramp, Collossus plastic in the back center and some lady by the Kitana blade on the right. I think this is normal correct?

I think Gomez has said that they chose to leave the hammock plastic in the coin box because they felt like it blocked some of the disco ball... I opted to attach it on my premium as well since I don't think it noticeably blocks the disco ball, and I also think it's a fun "almost interactive" decoration. I did leave the "Pro" team-up characters (plastics) in the coin box.

I think the reason the character plastics (Colossus, Domino, etc) are in the coin box on the premium is just so they aren't mixing figures and plastics on the playfield. It's cool that they included them with the premium though!

1 week later
#13658 1 year ago
Quoted from adamross:

Something funky is going on with my precious DP, it's literally dead when I turn it on. Only thing that works are the speaker lights, nothing else. Never had this happen before with any game. Any tips on what I should look for much appreciated.

Mine takes an arbitrarily long time to boot up, was like that out of the box.. Does it eventually boot up if you give it a couple of minutes?

Advice I got from my distributor was to get a new SD card for it, but it only takes about 60-70 seconds to boot up and after that it works just fine.. so I haven't taken the time to do the new SD card.

Might be possible to more properly diagnose if you can pull the backglass off and share what you see the various LEDs doing.

3 months later
#14220 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

Several posts over in mmr thread discussing this very thing. I get the impression that individual shakers can vary based on how the weights are aligned. You can move the weights with some effort (drilling) to make the shaker less intense.
On my mmr and iron man the shakers are jack hammers but Deadpool is not so I feel like this may be true.

I ended up turning my Shaker motor on my Mandalorian Premium off entirely last night and to be honest I think I was able to enjoy the game more with it off. That's a game that really hammers the shaker though, so not exactly apples to apples.

On my Batman 66 I feel like the shaker usage is perfect. Just enough tactile feedback when you make a shot or complete a task, usually nothing super prolonged or extreme.

2 weeks later
#14272 1 year ago

I was about to ask "What happens if a pinball hits the firing pin of one of those casings just right?" but then I looked closer and saw those were dummy rounds. Guess I need more sleep!

#14274 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

The rounds have their own firing pins eh?
Neat, you guys really are ahead of us.

Haha, not a gun guy (obviously). You know what I meant, hopefully. Primer was the word I was looking for...

#14305 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

Yeah they do look great.
Maybe the fans of deadpool lore can help me out. Is lil deadpool an actual character from the comics? I’ve only watched the movies. I searched the thread and google which didn’t help much.

He’s in the Posehn/Duggan (maybe others, not sure) run of the comic, and he’s usually at the beginning and end of an issue to recap what’s going on for the reader. Not really part of the story, but part of the comic book itself.

If you listen to joelbob ’s podcast interview with Gomez/Klyce (Just Another Pinball Podcast), they talk about how Stern basically had to remind Marvel that little Deadpool even existed, which is pretty funny.

Also, that’s just a really great interview in general about the making of the Deadpool pinball machine.. worth a listen!

https://www.thepinballnetwork.net/e/just-another-pinball-podcast-ep-30-deadpool-breakdown-wgeorge-gomez-tanio-klyce/

2 weeks later
#14399 1 year ago

Man-- is there a more satisfying spinner shot in pinball than the disco spinner? Chaining those together on a premium is just pure pinball bliss.

1 month later
#14532 1 year ago
Quoted from Vaughn:

I’ve been working on mocking up this chimichanga truck mod. It mounts in the existing spot. Utilizes the existing flasher circuit as well. I’m going to add headlights that will always be on with the interior (green) illumination. The interior led is fed off the playfield GI that is under the plastic beneath the truck. It’s a die cast toy car that has some fun details. Gauging interest. Finished product will be completely plug and play. Looking at around 75$ plus shipping.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks really nice! Gives me “Twisted Metal” vibes.

What made you pick green for the interior lights, out of curiosity?

#14534 1 year ago

Nothing groundbreaking here, just wanted to echo the thoughts of many others and say that the Comet Pinball GI Lighting Kit is objectively the way the game should have shipped. Definitely allows the playfield artwork to pop and you can actually distinguish the artwork on the plastics better when they aren't garishly backlit with the red.

One question for those who have installed this on a premium-- there are one (maybe two?) bayonet style sockets that aren't screwed into the playfield from the bottom but are the staple-in-place style. Their locations are a little difficult to access from the top, so I'm considering pulling the staples rather than removing the stuff above the playfield to get at them from the top. Curious what others have done.

I think the bulbs in question are under the katana handle and adjacent to the disco loop ramp, along the shooter lane.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/deadpool-general-illumination-upgrade-kit?variant=12493737132076

2 weeks later
#14584 1 year ago
Quoted from attyrhodes:

Got a similar hypothetical to the GZ v. Deadpool question. I'm considering swapping my DP for an AIQ, I only have room for one game in the house, my other machines are with friends and family. Anyone who has had AIQ at home would I get tired of it quickly? Code seems to be a bit deeper than DP from what I've seen.

I only have a handful of games on an AIQ, but I agree it lacks the 'weight' and 'soul' of Deadpool. I get the impression the AIQ rules are there for the deep diver, min/max, tournament player types and aren't quite as approachable as Deadpool, either.

Deadpool has that nice balance between "stuff for the casual player" and "stuff for the competitive player" that makes it a good one to have for friends and family. Similar to Batman 66-- easy to learn, (more) difficult to master.

But if you don't care about the "total package" and just want something deep and chewy to work your way through, I do get the impression that AIQ is a good candidate for that. More shots, upper flipper, complex code, trophies, etc.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 25.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Austin, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JStoltz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=JStoltz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.