(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,266 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Nicholastree
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Insanity199.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10656 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

My guess is they’re devoting most of their available production resources to Godzilla? That really stinks for people who have been waiting a while.

It does stink. I understand the supply chain/labor issues, but it would seem they would have to slow down their release schedule to catch up on existing orders. For the record, I have two machines on order (one is DP Premium) that were suppossed to be delivered by the end of the year. My hopes are running thin as Stern has no real incentive to deliver more this year; starting 1/1/22, they will be charging more. I will have to seriously consider whether I would be willing to pay the price increase due to a month or so delay.

#10659 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I think they are building what they can, meaning what parts they have on hand. They may be missing one or two parts to prevent full deadpool runs or any game really.

I am in no way stating that they are just sitting on parts and not building them to collect more money post 1/1. My point was that these machines share a lot of parts. Sharing and re-use is essential to a profitable business model in almost any industry. However, by releasing a new title like Godzilla (which I also pre-ordered), it is going to require a lot of those shared parts which can put further strain on getting the Mandos, DPs, Stranger Things, etc built in a timely fashion. Godzilla already has the new pricing model built in.

In the end, we can just all speculate and see what the future brings. It would just stink to have to pay 800-ish more for a DP Premium because it was built in Jan instead of Dec. We can probably all agree on that.

#10664 2 years ago

I am really not being a conspiracy theorist here. However, Stern can acquire every piece required to build 1000 LE Godzillas with a brand new BOM yet they can’t get every part necessary to build the Mandos, Deadpools, and others that have been back ordered for many months? It just doesn’t add up. I get supply chain issues but it should also be affecting the build of their brand new machine as well. The parts for the others have certainly been on order longer than parts for Godzilla.

Anyway, back to Deadpool. We don’t have to see completely eye to eye. The whole truth usually lies somewhere in between.

#10686 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Highest score went from sub-100k in June to 1.2B now. Consistently, however, I’m just breaking 100k on half my games. (Used to break 200k consistently before I removed the in-lane rubbers.)

I sure hope you mean 100M, not 100K.

3 weeks later
#10905 2 years ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Ugh, ah well lets me build up more anticipation and excitement I guess. At least that's what I'm going to tell myself.

And savings to cover the 1K more that it will cost. I am in the same boat

1 week later
#11007 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

December delivery was on track for a premium today.

My distributor also told me a couple days ago that Stern confirmed a mid-December build of my Deadpool Premium... at least as it stands now. Can't help but visualize this scene...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
2 weeks later
#11166 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

yeah, it might be far fetched. I think that in reality the simply do not know. I suspect the only title coming out next in GZ PREM and Deadpool as originally scheduled. They just made Iron Maiden, which I believe was Sept and I got one and it is home already so deadpool in dec is not unrealistic.

There is a Mando Premium run coming too. It moved from October to December.

Same here. I have one coming, supposedly next month. I am hoping it materializes.
Mine without IC though, but if it has it, at the old price, then sure.

I have one due in December too. However, if you do get a December build, it will have IC. All builds now are including the IC - the recent deliveries of JP Premium to a few folks in the JP thread have the IC integrated. The full price increase won't occur until January which is why I am hoping that my DP and Mando December deliveries stick. Not holding my breath though.

1 week later
#11250 2 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Yeah, verified August 2022 for me. Now I gotta try not to accidentally die for a lotta months in order to enjoy this game.

I can’t even wrap my head around the explanation for this. Delaying another 8 months a couple weeks before production was planned? It can’t be supply chain and if it were, they knew a while ago that December wasn’t happening.

Oh well, what can you do. Waiting for the notification from my dealer.

1 month later
#11621 2 years ago
Quoted from WolfWeb:

Thinking of buying the headphone jack. Does anyone else have it for their DP? I don't need to keep things quiet, but maybe it would sound good via headphones? I probably won't use it much anyway, so not sure if I will get it, probably not when I think about it. Still interested in hearing about anyone that has one.
[quoted image]

Money saving tip, get the pinball life version that has all the same functionality at half the price.
https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-2-headphone-jack-assembly.html

I use it for adjusting the external volume (without having to open coin door) more than I probably do for headphones and their volume.

#11679 2 years ago

Add me to the list of unexpected surprises. My DP Premium ships from Stern tomorrow.

#11685 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Can you divulge any further info? I'm in Oz, but ordered a Prem 7-8 months ago. My distributor has stated Feb-Mar for a while now, but everything was leading me to believe it'll be end of the year, if at all.

I ordered in summer. Was told I was on track for December build as recently as early December. December builds got bumped and next planned build was July-ish.

I guess due to Rush delays they squeezed in enough Premium builds for at least some of the folks that were expecting Dec 2021 deliveries.

That’s as much as I know.

1 week later
#11844 2 years ago

Finally got my DP Premium from the small late January run. FedEx decided to take a scenic route to get it to me since they thought it was best to attempt delivery to my dealer rather than the drop ship to me that was clearly labeled. They admitted fault and got it here safe. Huge props to Rob RBradley at Mad Pinball for getting this to me, dealing with FedEx and my paranoia when FedEx had to reroute. He is very responsive at all hours and provides great customer service.

50EA1395-846B-4E57-9C13-CB7627BE2507 (resized).jpeg50EA1395-846B-4E57-9C13-CB7627BE2507 (resized).jpeg5866ECFF-9B61-434E-9A71-5EABF5251FFE (resized).jpeg5866ECFF-9B61-434E-9A71-5EABF5251FFE (resized).jpeg
#11865 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I guess I got a new build but older playfield before they changed the artwork under certain rails
[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine was built a day later than yours and it also has the artwork under the rails.

#11883 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

I bought my pair from Pinball life. It was inexpensive and I didn’t want to wait to go through support.

My Mando had a flaky opto on the right ramp exit. Stern got me a replacement but it took a bit. Like you, I was impatient and orded a set from CoinTaker. I think they were about $20 total. $10 for receiver, $10 for transmitter. I am willing to bet that my only problem was the receiver as it sometimes didn't register shots and never falsely registered a shot. I now have a spare set for any future game.

#11904 2 years ago

ok, I just got my machine and going to add mylar here, could you add a picture showing exactly where is the correct location. I do not do well with instructions written like this. If you could please and thanks.
Is this the ramp that goes up/down? is this what you are referring to?

Yes, the ramp that goes up and down over the upper part of the shooter lane.

#11932 2 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Hello,
Im about to receive a DP Pro in the next days, the major diference all speak about VS PREM/LE is the diverter, there is no change that you can remove the diverter on the pro, to be able make the loop either way!? Sorry if this is just non sense question, i still dont have the machine and i dont know the game that well, just a question.
Thanks

If you are asking if you can make the left orbit work like the premium where it loops all the way around to the right flipper rather than being dropped into the pops, the answer is no. The pro has a one way gate at the right side of the pops which makes the left orbit drop in the pops. The premium has a coil activated two way gate there that can make it act like a one way or two way gate. Also, the premium has a mech right after the shooter lane that can lower a ramp so the ball goes up and over the shooter lane and placed on the sword.

Both of those are not present on the pro.

#11944 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If you remove the diverter, the shot would go to the shooter lane on the pro. That could be cooler than the pops to be honest as it’ll auto launch around to the left flipper.

That wouldn’t be cooler when you are battling sabertooth. On that battle the gate prevents the ball from traversing the loop and drops it in the pops. A lot of the damage to sabertooth is dealt from the pops. I guess the auto launch would put it back to the pops since the pro does have a two way gate on the left of pops. Would be very strange to be honest. But you do you.

#12057 2 years ago

Balls occassionaly flying off the sword from a fast orbit have been around since the beginning according to this key post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/31#post-4768803

With that said, I didn't see anyone post what kind of foam was used. I like the post idea... if only I had a post lying around to try.

#12062 2 years ago

this is a much better idea.
Will need to go out and buy a post, what kind of post did you use, there are so many different ones I am not sure what to get.

I assume that you also replaced the existing screw with a longer one for the post sleeve?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.95
6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Insanity199.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=Insanity199 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.