(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9142 2 years ago

Just bought my very first NIB and its a DP pro! Excited to join the club. I have a lot of catching up to do before my game arrives

1 week later
#9277 2 years ago

Well my membership became official yesterday. Having a lot of fun with the game so far, I stayed up way too late playing last night! Hoping to get some of the mods I got installed this weekend but we'll see if I have time. Gotta do washers under the guide, disco ball mod, titans, and pinwoofer. I still have to slide it into the lineup too, I just had to get a few games in after getting it set up

20210506_174652 (resized).jpg20210506_174652 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#9510 2 years ago

OK I've spent a lot of time on my new DP pro and gotten most of my mods done and really loving it. I do admit I have some buyers remorse not getting the premium though. I got the disco ball mod and its a pile of crap. NOT recommended. I really wish I had the nicer chimi truck and the loop shot too. All that said I am enjoying the hell out of my pro. I also do prefer the pro artwork.

I added the movie music and pinwoofer setup and it sounds great! Got the upgraded pop bumper caps and they look really good and super high quality. All titan rubbers. I did the anti-tilt post for the snikt shot after having to already adjust it twice. Flipper toppers from Mr Tantrum and gave everything a nice waxing. I put the washers under the katana guides, turned down the ball eject power, and all the other little tweaks that were recommended too. Game plays excellent and is a ton of fun.

#9590 2 years ago
Quoted from TommyMc:

Here is a pic of my pro with figures I got on eBay. Notice Juggernaut getting ready to drop the hammer on Deadpool. [quoted image]

What did you use for the deadpool in a hammock?

Also, does anyone know if theres a way to buy the premium chimi truck so I can put it in my pro?

#9594 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I searched the internet and found the same little Deadpool figure for $0.50. I think the hammock was able to be found pretty cheap as well. Just need to search the web.

Yeah thats kind of what I was looking for. All modfathers mods are just normal things you can buy and then he adds like 75% markup on them. The chimi truck wouldn't match the game at all. Hoping I can find an official stern chimi truck somehow. I was thinking of trying the funkopop deadpool chimi truck but the red one is a limited edition and goes for decent money and I'm not sure if the size would be right. It might be too big.

#9596 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

The truck modfather sells looks a lot like the Hot Wheels Chimi Truck, which can be had for less than $20 for sure, but he's added a light and I'm guessing a bracket somewhere, included instructions on how to install it, pays his web hosting fees and paypal fees... without a doubt there is some margin left for him (And I'm guessing it is well north of 75%) but I don't think any of the mod makers are getting rich and if you want something plug and play they offer that service.
With that said, did you reach out to stern directly to see if they'd supply you the part? You may have to buy the entire assembly... part no. 511-1994-00 according to the manual.

I have not reached out to stern yet, maybe its worth a shot.

#9602 2 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

You will need to order it through an authorized reseller, Stern will not sell it direct. Just a heads up, you will need to order the decal set too...the truck will arrive naked.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/75#post-5087938

my hero

#9643 2 years ago

I was sneaking in a couple games before bed last night and suddenly my lil deadpools head just rolled off onto the PF! What the heck man. The game is like a month old, does anyone know if Stern will cover this under warranty?

20210527_233320 (resized).jpg20210527_233320 (resized).jpg
#9651 2 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

Yep, contact your distro and get a replacement. In the meantime, a little gorilla glue will probably fix it right up.

Checking back in to report that gorilla glue is a bad idea! It does not play nice with whatever plastic the head is made of. Might try hot glue or something

#9655 2 years ago

I'm back again, ok the gorilla glue DID work. When it was getting set up I started getting really worried because it seemed like it was melting the plastic and making the hole bigger. Luckily now that it seems to have done its thing and expanded it looks to be holding just fine.

16222485704008156743580270818639 (resized).jpg16222485704008156743580270818639 (resized).jpg
#9680 2 years ago

Wtf you guys are really getting machines delivered with the tilt bob installed? That's not only weird, but it's bad news waiting to happen. Mine came with it in the coin box for me to install myself, as it should.

#9686 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Yeah, I watched the delivery guy and he did a fantastic job. He definitely didn’t cause any of the damage.
My distro figured out the cause of the exterior cabinet damage. I don’t want to accidentally interfere with any claims he may be filing, so I’m keeping silent on it for now.
The speaker damage is really perplexing. It’s nowhere near the exterior damage on the cabinet. The speaker grill was intact and in mint condition. The only things loose inside the cabinet are a couple bolts that I assume go with the coin door and what looks like the interlock pin. I can only assume the speaker was torn during installation. [quoted image]

That's crazy! Someone deserves to be fired for thinking it was ok to put that speaker in your game. I'd be pissed! I had that cotter on floating around in the back of my cab too and I had no idea what it was for.

2 weeks later
#9844 2 years ago

I will just say the aftermarket disco ball for pros is absolute garbage and I do not recommend, so if you're really dead set on having a disco ball in your game for whatever reason, just get a premium

1 week later
#9908 2 years ago

Jeez, I haven't even cracked a billion yet! Came close once but still haven't done it. Haven't made it to any of the Mr. Sinister modes or Krakamegasuarus either. I stink at pinball

#9910 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

If you want to progress, then you can safely ignore everything except defeating the three main battles. Get your teamups working on whichever battles are toughest for you. Sabretooth- Shoot the orbits a few times and he is done. Juggernaut can be beat the same way, just hit the dead/pool targets first to light the shots in red. Mystique shoot the center spinner then hit the now lit white shots and she gets beat. Getting wolverine can be particularly helpful here. You can use lil deadpool multiball to assist with the safety of the second ball bouncing around to hit some shots as well.
Once you get to the quests, those can both be beat pretty quickly if you are going for progression vs points.

I'm good at the first battles. Often I can take out all 3 on my first ball. Then I seem to just start sucking after that. If I'm lucky I can beat 1 or maybe 2 of the sauron team ups but I always seem to crumble under the pressure.

#9920 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

PinWoofer and PDI glass are the top general mods IMO. They make any game sound and look better.
Also, install washers under a few of the ball guides to prevent them from scrapping off the clear and art.

pinwoofer is a really nice addition. Have it on mine and its sweet

1 month later
#10215 2 years ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

Went with the 6" comic wolverine on the metal ninja stars. I ended up using a #6 4mm screw (HDD mounting screw) and the feet already had mounting holes. A bit tight and wobbles a little so not for on location or show piece but for $20 action figure, it's pretty nice.
amazon.com link »[quoted image]

I got the same figure on mine and I used some thick and sturdy velcro to hold him on, but it kind of looks bad. The screw is a good idea I might try that! I have him posed where one leg is up on the spinner bracket though so I gotta make sure he'll still be sturdy posed that way.

3 weeks later
#10432 2 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Oh. So my wife and I just watched the last episode of a little HBO documentary about a small town TV station in Pahrump, NV. It's called "Small Town News: KPVM Pahrump" not the greatest thing ever, but entertaining enough to watch if anyone's interested in short documentary shows.
Anyway - final episode includes some footage of them creating an ad for a local attorney. Can't find that exact clip online, but the commercial itself is on Youtube. Sitting next to my wife as she sat there confused - "Where the Hell have I heard that before?!?" was rather funny.

"if you've been injured in an accident, you may ask yourself, What should I do now?"

HIT EM WITH THE BOOM!

1 week later
#10491 2 years ago

Got my katana handle mod from Lucxor today and it looks awesome! Very nice quality and easy to install. Very happy with it!

20210909_201952 (resized).jpg20210909_201952 (resized).jpg20210909_202239 (resized).jpg20210909_202239 (resized).jpg
#10493 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Looks great!! So much better than the flat plastic.

Thanks, its a big improvement over stock. Its one of those things you don't really notice how much better it looks until you have it in there, and then it looks so good, most people who aren't familiar won't notice it because it blends in so well. The perfect kind of mod IMO

#10511 2 years ago
Quoted from RadDad247:

Would this game be considered a family friendly/clean language pin?

I would say its rated PG. I think only the most uptight parents would have issue with anything in this game. Its not like the movie, very family friendly for the most part.

#10530 2 years ago

I think all those colors look bad tbh and the purple pro looks horrendous. Just stick with the black IMO

#10532 2 years ago

Agreed, and why I went in another direction entirely. Posted before but this is what Robert Stone did for me:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered/page/58#post-6428486
Armor received and installed, but currently awaiting for the DBA plate to come back from Pinnovators. (They'll very graciously swap headphone kit components over to powdercoated parts free of charge.) Should finally have pics of another option for anyone considering colors.

The purple works way better that I would expect it to for what my dumb opinion is worth, but see above. I wanted a hint of blue due to the cabinet art, but basically went with a mostly black powder coat.
Shit would be a whole lot cheaper if premiums just came with powder coating like the Star Treks and AC/DCs did, damn it. Or if I wasn't such a fan of how it feels under my hands.

what about a black powdercoat with blue flake?

2 weeks later
#10641 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Now that I am a proud owner of a Deadpool Pro, I've been thinking about upgrades. My machine already has art blades and a custom shooter rod. I was wondering about adding a shaker motor. Is the shaker motor integrated well into this particular game? Is it worth adding?

I have the shaker in mine, its pretty cool and everyone that comes over to play it is always impressed by it. The other best mod I have put into my game is the pinwoofer kit, but it is a bit pricey. I remember your thread too, I'm really happy you and your family are enjoying your Deadpool. ST just loses so much in the pro version its not worth it IMO so I think you made an excellent choice.

#10735 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Hahahaha WHAT?! Are you running custom code with the songs replaced or something?
(Not sure why you'd ever do that, the stock music is fantastic.)

What cracks me up is that nearly 5 months and well over 1000 games into owning it, I still somehow hear the occasional new callout. (Though it's been a while.)
But yeah. Mystery apparently solved already, but this was a giant WTF post. "Man, I gotta pay attention to that Boom rap more."

Quoted from maffewl:

Agreed. Never heard this. I think the game is pretty tame even in adult settings and I’m a person that doesn’t cuss.

Quoted from gambit3113:

That’s Nobody Speak by DJ Shadow/Run the Jewels. Never heard it in DP, but that’s definitely the song.

Its the movie soundtrack mod and yeah Nobody Speak is one of the songs. The original soundtrack is great but the replacement songs really spice things up. You also get DMX and some other goodies. Not all the stock music is replaced either so all the best stuff is still in the game. Its a better music package than stock IMO

1 week later
#10804 2 years ago
Quoted from WolfWeb:Where did you get this from please? I got one from mezel mods and it was terrible, really bad 3d printing with terrible layer adhesion.

you can get it from Lucxor theres plenty of pics and info in this thread. I'd check out the gallery to help you find it better. I have one in my game too and its sweet. Very very nice quality, you won't be disappointed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.95
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=Haymaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.