(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,265 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 minutes ago by BurntBiscuit
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EternitytoM83.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5665 4 years ago

Finally joined the club a few weeks ago! Little did I realize I was doing so just in time to be locked inside the house indefinitely.

Out of the box I had an annoying issue where node 8 would randomly kick into overcurrent protection and turn off all the lower GI lights. After doing some Pinside sleuthing I figured out that the likely culprit was a flaky bulb, and my distributor fixed me right up with a replacement set. Big thumbs up for Zach at Flip N Out!

IMG_20200220_123710 (resized).jpgIMG_20200220_123710 (resized).jpgIMG_20200220_190955 (resized).jpgIMG_20200220_190955 (resized).jpgIMG_20200222_113004 (resized).jpgIMG_20200222_113004 (resized).jpgIMG_20200222_125734 (resized).jpgIMG_20200222_125734 (resized).jpg
#5667 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you get a shaker motor?

No, the only accessory I've added so far is the Stern headphone jack. I'm thinking a shaker might be a bit much for my "game room" (aka the corner of my living room).

#5717 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Aren't they shipping with this from the factory now?

I wish I'd seen this yesterday when I had my playfield up to swap out the rest of the GI bulbs with Comet's, I'd have taken a look. My build date is 2/12/20 and my Snikt target hasn't budged so far.

#5779 4 years ago

Used some of today's self-isolation time to finish up my Comet GI upgrade. I only installed two of the four provided spotlights to brighten up the center of the playfield. I know it's been posted before, but this is a must-have upgrade in my opinion.

Before and after:

IMG_20200229_211328 (resized).jpgIMG_20200229_211328 (resized).jpgIMG_20200328_185542 (resized).jpgIMG_20200328_185542 (resized).jpg
#5782 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

where are they located? Im assuming in the middle somewhere pointing towards DP? Looks nice

The kit swaps out all of the red and clear white GI bulbs with frosted sunlights, and includes 4 spotlights that mount on the slings. Even without the spots, getting rid of the red & clear whites made a huge difference.

#5802 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

Is it easy to install the spots?

Yep, pretty simple. First you replace the upper GI bulb under the slingshot with one that includes a power lead for the spotlight(s). Then you replace the upper lock nut with a standoff, mount the spotlight, connect up the power and route/ziptie the wire. If you're using all 4 there are extra standoffs to double up the height and splitter cables to power everything, but I think it looks great with a single pair of spotlights.

IMG_20200328_150711 (resized).jpgIMG_20200328_150711 (resized).jpgIMG_20200328_152135 (resized).jpgIMG_20200328_152135 (resized).jpg
#5808 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

I occasionally have a ball fly off the left sling that goes clear over to the plunge lane. I’m afraid it might take out the spotlight if I decide to install it!

Wait, you're getting airballs from the left sling all the way into the shooter lane? That seems... wrong.

1 week later
#5895 4 years ago

So yesterday was another Pandemic Sunday. I installed Cliffy's protectors at my 3-bank and at the katana entrance. I could already see damage starting to form at the katana entrance after a very low number of plays.

While I was in there I confirmed that Stern appears to be using the anti-sway style target brackets on newer builds. In other words, don't buy a replacement bracket for your Snikt target before taking delivery of your machine like I did. Here's a pic of my factory Colossus target, because apparently I was confused when taking the photo:

IMG_20200412_124207 (resized).jpgIMG_20200412_124207 (resized).jpg
#5898 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Interesting. What is your build date? Mine is Nov. 19 and had a standard bracket.

Mine's Feb 12, 2020.

#5902 4 years ago
Quoted from BigJoeCincy:

I was just thinking about adding some spotlights to my deadpool and came across this post. So do you remember what size post you used? Also Im assuming the post would have to be a bigger size on the bottom and smaller on the top for the smaller screw size? Thats what im thinking needed to be done from my research.
Also has anyone found where you can buy those little nano spotlights? I like those. My munsters has a few also.

He's referring to installing Comet's upgrade kit, which includes everything you need: https://www.cometpinball.com/products/deadpool-general-illumination-upgrade-kit

I recently did the same (you can see my before & after pics a few pages back), and it makes a massive difference. In my opinion swapping out the red & clear white GI bulbs is just as or more important than the spotlights.

#5944 4 years ago
Quoted from scottslash:

Turn down the power on the coil that sends balls into the launcher lane. It will beat your launcher lane to death. Install lane protectors, yes, but still. Turn down that coil in the settings. Like half.

I have my trough eject power set to the minimum value and it works just fine. It's crazy how hard balls smack into the shooter lane by default. That plus some mylar has kept it looking spiffy.

#6019 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

My pro stopped working yesterday. I've got a few mods on it, the pinstadiums run off a seperate wall wart but the topper is installed in the factory plug, and two days ago i put comets 4 spotlight in as per their instructions, and their lighted flipper buttons.
During a game yesterday the boom button stopped working. I pulled the lockdown and adjusted the switch but couldn't get the switch to start a game even without the button. Then tried the start button and it didn't work either.
Haven't lifted the playfield to look yet, but am i right to think that it may be connected to the extra load?

Any alerts in the service menu? Both of those buttons are connected to node 1 in the cabinet, so that would be my first stop to check and see if anything got loosened while you were installing the lighted flipper buttons.

#6077 3 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

I recently picked up the Comet lighting upgrade kit. It came with 38 lamps for the GI. Are there really that many?

Yep. Set aside a couple hours.

#6092 3 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

I have the comet light kit and am try to install the spot lights but the hole is too small to fit on the post they sent me. Am I doing something wrong?

I had the same issue and thought I was going crazy. Contact Comet, they had a batch of spotlights with the wrong size bracket. They got replacements to me very fast.

#6119 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Looking for the Wolverine spinner bracket.
It seems the only part number listed in the manual is the switch itself.
IS there any way to find this part number?

Page 35 in the Pro manual, part # 511-7877-00.

#6153 3 years ago
Quoted from Ocelot:

Help. I can't for the life of me figure out where this Cliffy goes...
[quoted image]

That's the right half of the shooter lane protector.

(Note: Cliffy's pic, not mine. In my experience some mylar and turning down the trough eject power has been plenty of protection for that area.)

DP-ejects (resized).jpgDP-ejects (resized).jpg
#6169 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

i have the problem that my mylar does not hold very well, i guess its the product itself since i cleaned with alcohol.

That video's a bit much, in my opinion. The heavy wear area is at the bottom, near the trough eject. Mylar there, regularly clean and wax the rest.

#6171 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

its not my video, if you want to use less mylar- fine. Stil nice to see it on a video.
I know games where the trough and the shooter lane on the top got wear, so why save money on a 0.2$ peace.

Oh I agree, it's a great demonstration of how to apply it. I wasn't thinking of saving money, more of saving the pain and heartache associated with laying down so much mylar.

#6187 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Anyone know where to get the spinner decals?
or maybe I can try to re-use them?

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing extra Wolverine ones in the goodie bag. Not sure about Dazzler, but isn't that just the generic glittery decal that's been used on multiple machines?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/820-8422-SP

#6192 3 years ago

Has anyone else noticed their katana Cliffy shift position with play? Mine is a tad lower than where I originally installed it.

I went back in and loosened the guide to check it, and it's good and stuck in its current position. If I shove a ball against the blue nub I still have clearance, so I guess it should be okay? I'm thinking it may just be more noticeable because the "no artwork" area at the top of the Cliffy is much larger on my playfield than it is on older builds.

IMG_20200509_181545 (resized).jpgIMG_20200509_181545 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#6226 3 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

i have a dple coming this Weekend. a Question : did this game Need Spotlights ? from some Videos i saw it Looks very dark

It's quite dark in the middle of the playfield, due in large part to Stern's decision to use red GI bulbs. I posted a before and after of how it looks with Comet's Deadpool GI upgrade here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/116#post-5560084

3 weeks later
#6398 3 years ago

I installed my PinMonk quiet fan kit this morning, and it easily takes the #2 spot on my list of must-have Deadpool mods (#1 is still Comet's GI upgrade kit). The stock power supply fan is downright obnoxious in a home environment.

2 months later
#6867 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

Is it normal for flippers to not work properly for a few min after turning on the machine? It happens randomly in middle of game too at times. Flippers don’t respond.

Do any of the playfield lights go out when this happens? Mine had an issue when it was new where the flippers would die momentarily and the lower GI lights went out until the machine was rebooted. Turned out to be a flaky GI bulb - never had the problem again after I swapped out the GI bulbs with Comet's upgrade kit.

1 week later
#6925 3 years ago
Quoted from Medic:

So it just happened again and the GI did went out. Must be the same problem.

I'd check all the connections to the node boards under the playfield to make sure nothing's loose, but for me the ultimate solution was swapping out the GI bulbs with Comet's kit:

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/deadpool-general-illumination-upgrade-kit

I'd highly recommend that kit regardless - you'll be amazed how much better the playfield looks when the GI is, you know, illuminating it. Whoever at Stern thought it was a good idea to use red bulbs in the GI needs a good smack.

My inexpert opinion is that the red GI bulbs are somehow more prone to causing this issue. When I was trying to figure out what was going on I found posts by Black Knight Sword of Rage (Pro) owners having the same symptoms, but with the upper GI (where the red bulbs are on that game).

Edit: Forgot to mention that the maintenance menu showed Node 8 overcurrent when mine was doing this, so checking for that error might tell you for sure if you're having the same issue.

#6933 3 years ago
Quoted from hawkfanz:

Would love to see how the lights look!

I posted a before and after here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/116#post-5560084

There's a reason red lights are used in photography dark rooms.

1 week later
#7011 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Opinions on the noisy fan plug n play kit?

Absolutely worth it. It's a simple, 15-minute install, and voila! No more hairdryer.

#7014 3 years ago

It sounds a little intimidating, but if you've ever done anything like install components in a desktop PC it's not a big deal at all.

3 weeks later
#7252 3 years ago

There's an opto in that hole that detects when a ball is locked in there.

opto (resized).jpgopto (resized).jpg
#7254 3 years ago

I'm pretty sure it's just a plain old opto with receiver, but not exactly sure how it's mounted.

2 months later
#7962 3 years ago
Quoted from mostater:

This is what happens when you ask your significant other about getting that Stern poster to hang in the game room and she says no...
[quoted image]
You make your own "art" piece. Maybe next time she'll say yes to the poster.

Haha, I actually saved one side of the box to do the same thing. Great minds. What size frame is that?

2 weeks later
#8112 3 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Happy Holidays to all! Machine unboxed and family approves! [quoted image][quoted image]

Wait, is that freshly unboxed with no red bulbs in the GI? Did Stern figure out that red light doesn't illuminate?

#8114 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Looks red by the shooter lane to me.
I swapped to all sunlight frosted comet bulbs in mine and really like the look.

Oh you're right, I see red in the second pic. He must have swapped them out before the family portrait to make sure everyone was looking their best (including Deadpool).

3 weeks later
#8310 3 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Hi guys.
Does anybody have an idea where to start with my issue? If so I would really appreciate any tips and advice you have.
Today my DP Premium suddenly flashed all of the lights, kind of like it does when booting. And after that, the bottom GI turned off. I tried starting s new game, but still no bottom GI.
I went to diagnostics, to see if that helped, but i was not able to test bottom GI.
I then power cycled the machine, and the GI was back to normal. So i thought it was probably a software glitch.
But after playing for a minute, it happened again. Same story... It did the "boot flash sequence" a couple of times, and after that the bottom GI disappeared.
As far as I can tell GI comes from CN15 on the board to the upper left when the playfield is raised? I tried re-seating that connector, but that didn't help.
Do you think i have a board malfunction? It seems to be triggered by either vibrations, or power draw.
This video shows it. Note that the "initialisation" sequence blinks a few times, and then the bottom GI disappears.

Vireland has already put you on track to fix this, but just wanted to chime in to say I had the same issue with mine. I fixed it by installing Comet's kit (which replaces all the factory GI), so in my case it was a bad bulb.

2 weeks later
#8438 3 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Back with more questions because what else am I going to do when waiting two+ horrible months.
Question about Comet's Deadpool kit: Does the kit include bulbs to swap out all of the GI in the machine? Photos seems to only focus down low where the questionable reds are located. Not a fan of cool whites (which I assume come stock) so I'd want to buy extras to swap them all out if there's not already enough in the kit.
Regarding adding powered mods such as the extra spots, trough lighting, flipper buttons, etc. Is there a point where you need to worry about power draw? I assume most of these will just be alligator clipped onto the nearest GI sockets?

The Comet kit is a full GI swap.

1 week later
#8544 3 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Just about to join the Pro club. Super excited. Any must have mods I should know about?

For me the must-haves are Comet's GI kit:

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/deadpool-general-illumination-upgrade-kit

And Pinmonk's quiet fan kit:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/02140-500w-spike-quiet-fan-plug-n-play-kit

3 weeks later
#8738 3 years ago

How much does the Hellhouse mod obscure the view of the katana ramp from the player's perspective? I like how it makes the scoop look like more than just a scoop, but wouldn't want to hide the coolest shot in the game.

#8797 3 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Crazy talk.
The callouts are one of the best things about this game.

Yeah, this game is a masterpiece. Trying to shoehorn movie quotes into it would be like those news stories you see when people try to "restore" classic artwork.

botched (resized).jpgbotched (resized).jpg

1 month later
#9342 2 years ago
Quoted from JAXPinball:

Update: After just writing down my first impressions, I though it odd lower playfield was so dark so I checked diagnostics and sure enough, Node 8 has an overcurrent protection status. CN15 lower GI is a no go.... what a knucklehead.
This is my second new Stern in 4 months to have node board issues right out of the box.

This is likely either a) a faulty bulb (I have a theory that the red bulbs are more prone to this) or b) something has fallen into one of the lamp sockets and is causing a short. I had the exact same issue and swapping out the GI bulbs with Comet's upgrade kit was the solution.

1 week later
#9422 2 years ago
Quoted from JAXPinball:

Solution: The lower GI issue turned out to be a strand of untrimmed solder shorting out the lamp socket.[quoted image]

Awesome, glad you found it. Would be more awesome if they soldered more carefully.

1 month later
#10001 2 years ago

Has anyone had any issues with the lock post in their katana?

What's suddenly started happening with mine is that the up position isn't as high as it should be, allowing the balls to hop over it instead of locking. When the coil fires it lowers the post, but when released again it only raises back to the lower position (probably half as high as it should be).

I'm going to take a look under the playfield to see what's going on when I get a chance, but I could have sworn I'd seen this issue pop up before and I'm not finding it by searching.

2 months later
#10549 2 years ago

I'm troubleshooting an issue with my katana lock post, and it turns out the problem is that the spring has worked its way halfway above the e-ring. Judging from the manual it looks like there should be a nylon washer in between the spring and the e-ring that I appear to be missing. Could anyone possibly verify, and is that a size I should be able to pick up at a hardware store? Thanks!

PXL_20210918_143403185 (resized).jpgPXL_20210918_143403185 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#10627 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

These springs also eventually self destruct and fall apart so have a spare ready to go someday for games with heavy play.

Thanks, I'll add that to my stash.

I didn't find any evidence of a broken washer in the cabinet, so I'm pretty sure it was never installed at the factory and it just worked until it didn't. Eventually the end of the spring found the gap in the e-clip and worked its way up until the at-rest position of the post wasn't high enough to stop the balls.

While I was under there I finally swapped out the bracket on my snikt target (Stern installed the anti-sway one on the Colossus target instead), so fingers crossed that I've corrected all the factory screw-ups at this point.

#10682 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

I don’t have the machine set to restart a game, so when I have a bad first ball, I have to live with it. I figure on location, that’s the way it’s going to be, so I might as well get used to it.

I really need to change this setting, I've become way too dependent on restarting after a crappy first ball.

#10688 2 years ago
Quoted from Brainiac:

I changed to family friendly setting, but the "adult" songs still play. One day, my kids are going to ask why do you "punch a baby bear in his dick?"

Hahahaha WHAT?! Are you running custom code with the songs replaced or something?

(Not sure why you'd ever do that, the stock music is fantastic.)

#10695 2 years ago
Quoted from Brainiac:

Our family loves DP.
I changed to family friendly setting, but the "adult" songs still play. One day, my kids are going to ask why do you "punch a baby bear in his dick?"
I don't those songs wouldn't play on family friendly setting.
Thoughts?

Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Hahahaha WHAT?! Are you running custom code with the songs replaced or something?
(Not sure why you'd ever do that, the stock music is fantastic.)

Mystery solved! I think your machine must have this music replacement code installed: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-music-replacement-mod-

Do your whole family a favor and take it back to stock. The stock code is a masterpiece, and it really doesn't get any more "adult" than some "balls" innuendos and maybe an "ass" or two.

3 weeks later
#10863 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Not sure if there is a problem with my machine, but when I get ninja multiball, all three balls roll down the katana at the same time and sort of bump into each other. I thought the balls came down one at a time? Is there a problem with my ball lock?

Take a look at the lock post assembly under the playfield and make sure everything looks as it should. I recently had problems with mine and found out that Stern skipped a washer that needs to be in there in order for the post to reliably return to the up position.

#10868 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Where did the washer go?

This link shows mine in the "problem" state. There should be a nylon washer in between the top of the spring and the e-clip. Once I added that it worked perfectly.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/211#post-6505153

And here's a link to the manual; page 44 shows the lock down post assembly. The washer mine was missing is #9, but I'd just make sure all the parts shown match up to yours and that nothing is loose.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Deadpool_Pro_web.pdf

#10871 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Thanks! The washer was fine. I lifted the playfield and used my finger to move the post slightly closer to center. It's a little off, so that was causing the problem. No idea how long that will last, but I didn't want to take it apart!

Awesome, glad it's working! Don't be too worried if you do end up having to take it apart -- it's a very simple mechanism and it connects with a molex, so it's easy to take off and work on away from the machine.

1 week later
#10989 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Just joined the club today. Quick question before I dive too deep.
Ball seems to move slowly down the rail leading to the katana. Was actually going so slow one time that it got stuck on the rail. I'm thinking this is just a leveling issue?

Most likely. I'd suggest picking up a cheap digital level. I used a phone app at first and it was way off.

I have this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R12DZQ9/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_0QW4HBXB5QKHXDJVMYJH

#10991 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

I have a digital leveler. My slope is about 6.8 and is level side to side, but bubble leveler on machine is not centered. Not sure what's up

Try bumping it up to 7, that's the pitch Gomez recommended. I think my bubble's touching the top line.

2 months later
#11606 2 years ago
Quoted from WolfWeb:

Thinking of buying the headphone jack. Does anyone else have it for their DP? I don't need to keep things quiet, but maybe it would sound good via headphones? I probably won't use it much anyway, so not sure if I will get it, probably not when I think about it. Still interested in hearing about anyone that has one.
[quoted image]

I have it on mine. I don't use the headphone jack as much as I thought I would (let's face it, pinball machines are LOUD even without the game audio), but I use the volume knob all the time. I really like having an easy volume adjustment right there.

1 month later
#12172 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

thanks, but my machine is brand new, I presume this is already installed on that target... or am I wrong?
edit: I am wrong and Stern is cheap AF!!! can't believe they do not include this with the game.
thanks again for the link

Mine came from the factory with an antisway bracket on the Colossus target, but not on the Snikt.

2 months later
#12748 1 year ago
Quoted from theun4gven:

Last week I came across a distributor who said he had a pre-order spot for a Deadpool Pro. Yesterday he called and said they could deliver immediately. My first pin and I’m loving it.
Two issues though: Anyone have a problem with their bottom pop bumper not firing when hit from the top? The second photo shows an extremely common occurrence in my games. It fires if hit hard or from any other angle but not slow/med from the top.
Also any way to fix the nearly 100% drain rate for every slow ball that rolls down the domino lane?
[quoted image][quoted image]

The first thing I'd check is your pitch - those rear leg levelers look way too low to me. Deadpool is designed for 7 degrees.

#12799 1 year ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Anybody have a pro that the ninja sword lock plunger doesn't come up high enough to hold the ball? Ball tends to hop the stop unless it has very little momentum.

Check the mechanism under the playfield. Mine was missing a washer, which allowed the spring to work its way up and caused the post to rest too low.

Edit: Here's a pic of what happened with mine (there should be a nylon washer between the spring and the e-clip):
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/211#post-6505153

#12886 1 year ago

Mine's interactive.

PXL_20210810_204825291.MP_2 (resized).jpgPXL_20210810_204825291.MP_2 (resized).jpg
#12892 1 year ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

I bought the comet lighting upgrade kit for Deadpool and have a question on the different types of bulbs. I had two packages of bulbs (besides the spotlights). One package that said they were Frosted Sunlight for GI and the backboard and another that just said warm white.
The package with the frosted sunlight definitely isn't enough to replace all the GI lights and backbox. I tried comparing the two (thinking the package might be mislabeled for the warm white) and I can not see a difference. Just want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious!

That seems odd, the kit is supposed to be all frosted sunlight. I'd send Comet an email and see what's up; they're very responsive.

4 months later
#14148 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Hey gang, I'm having a node board reset problem........ball dropping into pops and then rapid pop firing is causing entire lower playfield to go dark and flippers die for a second and they come right back up, no full resets or anything like that. Roughly 1K plays, and it's been fine until now. I swapped node 8 & 9 and changed the jumper settings, reseated everything, and the problem persists which suggests an electrical short not a board issue I think. No visually loose connections or broken wires. My next step is to individually disconnect each node 8 CNx one by one and try to isolate the short, any other suggestions, or anyone had this issue? Appreciate any insight from the hive, thanks in advance!

This is fairly common and is often due to 1. something having fallen into a lamp socket, which is causing a short when vibrated just right or 2. a bad bulb. For me, the solution was to install Comet's GI upgrade kit, which swaps out all of the GI bulbs. I've seen people have the same issue in other games with red GI bulbs, which makes me think that Stern got a bad batch of red bulbs. Bonus, if you install this you get rid of that horrible red GI that doesn't, you know, illuminate anything.

https://www.cometpinball.com/products/deadpool-general-illumination-upgrade-kit?variant=12493737132076

3 months later
#14525 1 year ago
Quoted from rszimm:

Does my iPhone with the clinometer app count as a digital level?

Not sure about iPhone, but I found that level apps on Android were pretty inaccurate compared to a real digital level. For comparison, my bubble is touching the top line at the intended pitch.

7 months later
#15080 7 months ago

Hmm, the assembly looks correct to me. And you're right, there is no adjustment -- the spring has the e-ring pushed up against the bracket, just like it's supposed to. Is it possible that the down-post itself is the wrong one (i.e., not as long as it's supposed to be)? Or maybe there's something physically preventing it from extending all the way when it's installed in the game?

2 weeks later
#15147 7 months ago
Quoted from Danno386:

Did you ever doggie out what the issue was?

Mine was missing the nylon washer that goes between the spring and the e-ring (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/211#post-6505153).

Others recently have had the wrong post installed at the factory (too short).

Another possibility is that the post is binding against something (maybe rubbing the edge of the hole through the playfield).

2 months later
#15688 4 months ago
Quoted from Smack:

You are gonna drive yourself crazy if you keep monitoring the Snikt target and notice every micro movement. My suggestion would be to just play it an adapt as you go. When you have the glass off for routine cleaning, give the target a little adjustment. A couple times a year if you have the playfield up, tighten the screws on the target as you check many of the other fasteners on the top and bottom of the playfield.

Or spend 5 bucks on one of these, as others have suggested: https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

#15690 4 months ago
Quoted from Smack:

I was under the impression they installed these at the factory for the newer (last few years) builds but I could be wrong.

I think they're supposed to, but the pics he posted aren't an anti-sway bracket. Mine came with one installed on the Colossal Jackpot target instead of on the Snikt, so his could've ended up who knows where.

#15694 4 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

I think it already has an anti-sway bracket on it
But you were all correct I agree with all of you
Here’s a few pics from the front and back. You tell me if it has it I have no idea.
If it doesn’t have it, I’ll order it ASAP but the backside looks like that is it right?[quoted image][quoted image]

Nope, the anti-sway bracket has a slot and a tab that fits into it.

anti-sway (resized).pnganti-sway (resized).png
#15696 4 months ago
Quoted from BrokenChair:

Ok thank you for clarifying
I am a newbie I take it. I have to remove that entire bracket that’s already on there and put the new one on?

Correct, you can just move the target itself onto the new bracket and reinstall. It's just a couple screws and a sticky pad.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 64.99
6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Papillion, NE
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EternitytoM83.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=EternitytoM83 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.