(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaddyManD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7083 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

How do the team ups work in this game?
Trying to figure out the path to Mr. Sinister. Do you have to defeat the 3 villains, then the 2 quest villains, and Sauron in order to qualify for the main wizard?
Also reading the rules, seems that there are 3 tiers to the main wizard?!?
And, what if you don't defeat Sauron on your first attempt? Can you restart, or do you have to fight all 3 main villains again?
So far game is awesome! Only game I've brought home that my son actually asks me to play!

Glad you are enjoying this great game! Path to Wizard Modes:
Defeat all 3 bosses and both Quests to reach Meglakrakolodonous Rex (Mr Sinister appears in this)
Defeat all 3 bosses again the second time (they will have Sauron helping them now) to reach Clone Multiball followed by Mr Sinister Final Battle!
You don't need to "defeat" Sauron in his multiball in order to progress.
Tip: Try to stack Ninja Multiball while you are in Megladon to help beat him. I also like to battle Megs after Mech Suit when I have accumulated several Booms!
Have fun!

2 weeks later
#7224 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I'm at 3200+ games and have never had an issue with mine, so there is hope!

Top half of my Lil DP popped off after 2 years of play. Used epoxy glue and its good as new.

3 weeks later
#7358 3 years ago

Hi DP Owners! Have been enjoying our Pro for almost 2 years now. Have seen a few questions here about where to find toys for the game. Just refreshed with a few toys. Marvel Legends 6-inch series all available on Amazon. Used small zip ties to tie down and small double sided tape. They stay in place fine even when pulling up playfield. Always fun to spice up games after awhile!

DP-pic (resized).jpgDP-pic (resized).jpgDP-pic 2 (resized).jpgDP-pic 2 (resized).jpgDP-pic 3 (resized).jpgDP-pic 3 (resized).jpgDP-pic 4 (resized).jpgDP-pic 4 (resized).jpg
#7359 3 years ago

Also...a small but noticeable and free upgrade of apron cards, with many options available for DP (and other games!), at link below thanks to Coindropper

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only

#7361 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

to me, I'm oldschool (get off my lawn)
all flippers should be parallel to the inline path of the ball.
i.e. the ball should flow smoothly from the inline plastic to the flipper....
if the ball "bumps" on its transition from the inlane to the flipper, something isn't right.
Typically, its been said that you stick a toothpick in the hole and
back of the flipper (w rubber on) rests against the toothpick
BUT
don't let that "guide" override the judgement of parallel...
That all being said, it's your machine, do your thing
(For example my NIB AC//DC vault pro came w the flippers slightly misaligned)
HTF does that happen?
and for months I was too lazy to change it...
where as my used DP came w the flippers too low.
I changed that quick.
Hope this ramble helps

I am having this issue with my NIB TMNT. The ball bumps when it rolls from inlane to left flipper. It really bugs me! Can you explain how to adjust the flipper to be level? What is this toothpick method?

#7362 3 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Cool thanks for the flipper tips...
Next question, the Snikt shot and the Katana lock, I assume these are supposed to be challenging shots and not something to do from a cradle typically. I find my DP plays these shots best off a moving ball which may be why some people are recommending 7 degree pitch as this would give it even more momentum?

SNIKT tough to hit from cradle but katana makeable. Agree easier if ball is moving...however I hit these just fine at 6.5 pitch.Make sure you are level left to right as well as this can throw off these shots.

#7372 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

did they print out the right size easily?

took me 2 tries to get it sized right on my printer. well worth the time and also used for my GOTG.

#7382 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This drive me nuts to no end. When I put lightning flippers on my IMDN it started happening. I’ve had it happen on other pins in the past as well. To fix, you need an Allen wrench and loosen the Allen screw holding the flipper shaft slightly, adjust the flipper to be more parallel to the ball guide, tighten the Allen screw and test. It’ll take a few tries and some play, but once you get it, feels good.

Bro you have improved my life 10x! LOL. It was an easy fix and made a HUGE difference!

1 week later
#7418 3 years ago

All, have been a DP Pro owner for 2 years...love it but looking to spice things up. I have never installed a shaker motor...is it coded well on DP? Can someone describe when it kicks in? Easy to install? Pinball life or Stern shaker?
thanks!

1 week later
#7540 3 years ago

Most important update int he new code that no one is talking about...you can now use single booms when you get a Super Boom. This had always drove me crazy because you were essentially penalized when you got a Super Boom and could not use them individually against Megladon for example. Nice and important update!

#7545 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Wouldn’t a super boom spot you multiple shots in a mode?

Yeah for progression the super boom kinda stunk because for Megladon for example you would only get one "hit" on him while still getting points for the blue lances. But with the new option you can space out your 4 booms to hit him 4 times. Same concept for bosses.

#7623 3 years ago

Have owned this game 2 years and still loving it! Genius game design, code, art...all around! New code(s) are awesome an unexpected surprise! Love that MechSuit can be relit as it is super fun. But...would be great if there was a way to adjust when it is re-lit (ie # of weapons). Last night I went into MechSuit and collected enough weapons that it was almost immediately relit after I came out of it. Its a great mode and way to achieve higher scores and collect Booms, but you also don't want to have to endure back-to-back MechSuits. Not a complainnt...a suggestion!

2 weeks later
#7837 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Looking to take a road trip w my youngest kid for his grail ...DP prem .Anyone looking to sell please shoot me a PM will travel up to 12 hrs I just went to NJ and visited NY with my oldest for his grail family guy so I’m dead serious about the travel lmao ..Thanks and will donate to pinside of course or however it works .I would need a couple weeks advance to get a day off work for a long weekend .

I have a Pro and not looking to part with it...but as a fellow Dad I just have to say that you are an inspiration! Great job Dad! I may steal this idea...and great way to convince the wife why the house needs to more pins! Good luck and hope you find one soon.

1 week later
#7941 3 years ago
Quoted from S_Griffin:

New to Pinside and 1st time owning a pin. Can anyone help, I bought a NIB Premium and have less than 100 games on it.
1) The game does not enter in battle mode or any of the activated options( battle, quest, weapons, etc) when you shoot the hellhouse ramp. This just stopped working 4 days after setting up the pin. The ball just sits in the ramp and after 30 seconds or so, the bumpers pop and the machine ejects the ball.
2) The BOOM button seems to be constantly pressing the switch which makes is BOOM button non-operative. This appears to have been out of the box like this.
Has anyone else experienced these issues?

Hi. Sorry to hear this! I have not experienced issue #1 so can't help there but sounds like the sensor mechanism in the hellhouse scoop isn't recognizing the ball. For issue #2 i had the same problem. It was an easy fix for me. The two metal pieces under your boom button (easily accessible by removing lockdown bar) are probably touching each other. Just bend them slightly so they no longer touch and then when you press the button down they do touch to make the connection. Could be a different issue but this was mine and super easy fix. Good luck.

#7958 3 years ago
Quoted from shaunpurslow:

I took a picture of the area where it clunks and dies. I probably should have mentioned I am on a pro. No idea if that makes a difference.
[quoted image]

Mine does this too. Annoying as its already a tough shot to hit and then it doesn't count when you need it and goes back to plunger! Clearly its physics and seems to be the ball might be catching air according to the others. I may try to lower left flipper and see. thanks for asking the question....have been living within it for 2 years now

#7965 3 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Another monster game. I can verify that you can get mechsuit multiball on every ball. I got one on ball one. Then on my extra ball got another. Then one more on ball 3. Beat it up. But still haven’t finished the game. Ugh!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Haha! Same here. I mentioned the back to back mechsuits a few weeks ago and folks thought I was trying to brag...I was really stating the facts and the back to back MB can actually kind of get in the way of making progress in modes. That said, in settings you can opt not to collect weapons during MBs which would tone this down naturally.

#7968 3 years ago
Quoted from S_Griffin:

Thank you everyone who helped me, here is an update:
#1 - I lifted the playfield and a wire broke of the miniature switch of the VUK assembly.
#2 - I bent the metal pieces at the BOOM switch so they are not touching when the lock down bar in installed.
Hope to be up and playing again soon!

Great that you were able to diagnose the scoop problem. Let us know if you were able to fix and if both worked!

#7989 3 years ago
Quoted from shaunpurslow:

Is this the wire divider you are talking about? If so, why is it there? What does it do besides get in the way? Can we remove it?[quoted image]

Yeah this is the one that rejects my right orbit shots on my pro...I really think it is this and not an airball issue. I may try to remove it this weekend especially if its only there to facilitate the prem/LE feature.

#7997 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I will do exactly that.
Thank you

Please post updates. I feel like the ball rejections are happening much lower for me right around where that pressed wire is. But this is interesting too...

#8001 3 years ago

Haven't removed yet but had several episodes of this shot today. At least on my machine i really think it is the staple thingy that sends ball to the left wall and then the ball slams hard right back into the shooter lane. It does not appear to be hitting bottom of katana in the air at least for me.

#8006 3 years ago

OK so I removed the "staple" from right orbit Domino lane thinking this could be the reason for ball rejection causing ball to fall hard back down into shooter lane after a "clunk" sound. Some pics of the removed item for reference. After a few plays I am reporting what a few others suspected that this was not the issue because I still had rejections even with staple removed. I put the staple back (especially since not thrilled about open holes on a playfield. After spending some time under the katana and watching this shot closely, I now believe the ball is hitting the quite sharp round metal screw bracket holding down the katana. Holding a ball under it with my hand there is less than 1/4 inch clearance so any air and it will hit this and create that loud clunk and reject the ball down. I suppose only fix could be a plastic airball protector but not sure how to mount it. A few folks had the same theory so if anyone tried this please post!

DP staple (resized).jpgDP staple (resized).jpgDP staple 2 (resized).jpgDP staple 2 (resized).jpgDP staple 3 (resized).jpgDP staple 3 (resized).jpgclunk 2 (resized).jpgclunk 2 (resized).jpgclunk-1 (resized).jpgclunk-1 (resized).jpg
#8007 3 years ago

Anyone having the playfield coating start coming up near the rollovers? See what I mean just above the word Deadpool in the pic. Any tips for how to fix? I think someone had mentioned mylar but have no idea how to do this or if its worth it. Its really not bad right now but thinking it will get worse over time. thanks all.

rollovers (resized).jpgrollovers (resized).jpg
#8008 3 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

What happens is that sometimes a hard hit from the left flipper into the right orbit causes the ball to get air born off the playfield and it hits the underside of the Katana causing it to die.
You can dial down the power of the left flipper or put a piece of Lexan under the Katana to force the ball down. That way it will make the orbit.
Rest it on the guide rail to the left and on the red plastic to the right.

Bundy after experimenting and thinking I had a different issue...you were right! I didn't realize how little air was needed but even 1/8th or 1/4 inch air would do it under the katana. Did you add the plastic airball protector and if so any pics?
thanks!

#8016 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

But without the staple did the clunk sound go away? Also how did you remove the staple by bashing with a nail or nail punch underneath? Tried to remove one of these in another pin and failed.

Yes, I tapped it from underneath with a nail punch and then pulled the final bit out from the top of playfield with needle nose pliers. Yes, it dead soften the clunk sound when the ball rounds the corner, but then leaves you with open holes in playfield you'd have to cover. But it did not fix the clunk followed by ball rejection issue which was the main reason for the fix attempt. SO while I was originally convinced the staple needed to come out...I wound up putting it back in.

#8017 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Hard to tell from the picture, but if all of them were protected with mylar it doesn't explain what looks like a deep scratch on the post to the left of it. Whatever the case, IRL I'm sure he'll be able to tell and he now has all the info he needs if it isn't protected.

Thanks so much all! It really does look like mylar lifting to me. It's not a scratch but the mylar actually coming up. But i think PinMonk's solution is something I will look in to either way.

#8018 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I agree. Following the contour lines on the post to the right, I’m pretty certain that’s just Mylar lifting. In fact, the one to the right also looks as though it’s starting to lift slightly

I do think this is the case...so can I just remove the mylar (if just added by factory for extra protection) and replace? I am also looking into PinMonks solution.

1 week later
#8100 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I bent the forks a little bit and it seems to have made a difference. So much so that I made it to Mr Sinister for the first time and just barely broke a billion I'm in the billionaires club!
[quoted image]

Congrats! Hey can you explain what you mean by "bent the forks"? I have been having a weak auto-plunge issue too. Doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it...

#8105 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Holy shit! I never thought I would be able to do this again in such a short period of time! Was playing through Megalodon when I drained. I finished T-Rex and the Sauron/Villian team ups as well, and Mr. Sinister. Would I have gotten to some wizard mode if I would have beaten Megalodon?
[quoted image]

Nice! Yes, you would have faced off against Megalakrakalodonoaus Rex!

3 weeks later
#8283 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Thank you vireland, I actually have the Comet kit on its way. I'll try reseating for now, then swap these bulbs once my Comet order arrives

I have had this problem too and replaced bulbs and works fine now.

#8284 3 years ago

All....want to upgrade lighting...Comet upgrade or pinstadium? I know a different price range! Was thinking Comet because I don't feel like DP is the kind of game that would benefit from the brightness of pinstadiums. Thoughts welcome!

#8290 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I think DP is the perfect candidate for PinStadiums. The game is way too dark by default and that’s of course not helped by the red bulbs.
Shine some good lighting on that beautiful artwork!

Thanks all for the replies!

2 weeks later
#8407 3 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

^^This...out of the box mine wouldn't auto-plunge out of the lane. I messed with the power, but it didn't change anything. Finally somebody with more experience than me looked at it, and it was the mechanism. He knew right away that the ball wasn't resting on the prongs squarely, so it was bouncing off the sides like a kids bowling ball with bumpers!! It was just happening so fast you couldn't see it.
He bent the plunger so that everything lined up and problem solved.

Hi, Any photos or practical advice on how best to "bend" the forks of auto-plunger without breaking it. I have this same intermittently weak auto-plunge issue. thanks!

#8419 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

Can a few of you that have no issues with the auto plunge please post a pic of the ball resting on the forks? I’d like to see how much they are bent in a / \ shape

So I just fixed this really easily. The ball seemed aligned right in between the forks so I did not bend the forks. But the entire metal auto-plunger had a bit of play to it, it moved around a little each time the ball launched. So when it fired it was sometimes misaligned. I used needle nose pliers to bend the bottom part of the metal plunger where it is connected on the metal hinge to decrease the wiggle room. It is totally fixed now!

#8471 3 years ago
Quoted from fishmanrob:

Thanks for the reply. Seems like such poor design. Mine hits quite often on that shot.

Agree. I posted the same annoying issue on this thread a few months back. I actually removed that giant staple thingy by hitting it with needle nose pliers from underneath. The problem persisted, so I reinstalled it. Does seem like if the ball catches a little air under there it may be hitting bottom of the katana. Some folks have made custom airball protector for underneath out of PETG (you can but little squares of it on Amazon for like $10.

I will say (and this could be placebo effect) that I increased my pitch from 6.5 to 6.8 and it "feels" like it is happening less.

1 year later
#14005 1 year ago

anyone happen to have the height of the topper? dimensions online appear to be for the box it is shipped in. I have a STh topper and it fits by a hair in my basement…thanks in advance!

#14009 1 year ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Mine is 7 5/8" tall. Stern's latest toppers all seem to share common dimensions.

thanks so much! looks like it will fit! much appreciated!

#14031 1 year ago

DP is about to be the first pin I have ever owned twice (Pro now Prem)! Gonna get it powder coated…for all of you proud powder owners please share pics of your powder! Need some ideas (I’ve already got alot of red in my lineup so looking for something different!)

#14034 1 year ago
Quoted from superNoid:

Check out this cool blue/purple one from awhile back (not mine). https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/71981[quoted image]

Sweet thanks for sharing!

1 week later
#14099 1 year ago

For those of you looking to add the rubbers to the outlane posts they should be found mounted on these red plastics here

49260EE2-71A3-499F-A616-65D51C442EC3 (resized).jpeg49260EE2-71A3-499F-A616-65D51C442EC3 (resized).jpeg
#14111 1 year ago

same never with this game and I have had a Pro and now Prem. TMNT on the other hand I had magnetization issues but switched to Titan standard pinballs and that resolved it.

4 months later
#14613 1 year ago

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Maximum effort! For your consideration is this 2022 late run DP Premium with Stern topper, Stern shooter rod, Stern art blades, Shaker Motor, Insider Connect, Speaker Lights and c...”
2023-02-12
Monroe Township, NJ
Archived after: 9 days
Viewed: 1311 times
Contributed to Pinside

Anyone local to NJ looking to upgrade to a showpiece DP Prem give me a shout! Would deliver within 60 miles. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 64.99
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaddyManD.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=DaddyManD and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.