(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ceemunkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7777 3 years ago

This game just gets better and better - new code is amazing and I really appreciate that Stern listened to feedback and immediately pushed out another incremental code release for things like choosing the disco multiball music.

You can just feel the love that's been poured into making this machine, there's so many little surprises and details, it shoots great, the layout is a bit different, the soundtrack and callouts are superb and the art by ZY is simply stunning. Awesome.

5 months later
#9230 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

About to join the Deadpool club. Got a Premium due to be delivered any day. Contemplating upgrading the DP sound system with Pinwoofer speaker and amp kit.
Would welcome any feedback on Pinwoofer and the DP - is it a must have/worth the price tag?
Also have a JP coming and posted a similar question on the JP board. For those that own both, is there one pin over another (JP v. DP) that would truly shine with a Pinwoofer upgrade
Thanks in advance.

I have Pinwoofers and upgraded subs/speakers in all 5 of my machines, I can say with absolute certainty Deadpool is the best machine for this upgrade the sound absolutely rocks on this machine and the Pinwoofer really makes it pop (or rather shake the house down)!

1 month later
#9856 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I've spent enough on my pro that i could have afforded a premium. Full Pinwoofer system, pinstadiums, speaker lights, topper, spotlights, sub, lighted flipper buttons the list goes on. It's my Harley of pinballs.

Same here - quite honestly I'd rather have my pro as it is than a new premium.

Oh and this is without a doubt the BEST machine for a Pinwoofer!

#9871 2 years ago

The music and call outs in this game are some of the best Stern has ever done I think. It says heaps when they bring out an awesome update, but change the music to one of the modes (katana-rama) and everyone screams out "noooo bring the old music back!"

I remember at the time I traded a LOTR LE for my Deadpool pro and was worried I'd made a mistake. Couldn't have been more wrong - LOTR was a superb machine yes, but DP is amazing - I'd never trade back!

#9902 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I’ve had this intermittent issue on my Deadpool recently where the LED’s aren’t lighting up in the correct sequence. The biggest one that triggered the issue for me was that at the start of a ball the 5X would be flashing rather than the Ball Save Light.
I took a good run through the LED’s in test tonight and sure enough things are weird… I’ve attached a video of the weirdness in test but it starts with the left outlane, it should be lit, but it isn’t, the left inline is lit instead. Then everything is off by one light until the (D) in the Deadpool drops… then it falls out of order again… this goes on throughout all the lights.
I reinstalled all the firmware via USB but have not tried redoing the SD card. No errors in the diagnosis and no errors when testing the Node Board Bus.
Physical inspection isn’t showing anything really glaringly wrong.
When I play the game in this state the right switches trigger but the wrong lights light up.
Any thoughts? Anyone see this before with Spike2 games?

I'll second that opinion - I've had a couple of issue on mine where the LEDs were randomly lighting - at one point I thought I had a 5x multiplier going with no idea how I had made it happen (turns out I hadn't). Also the top lane rollover lights used to randomly blink and switch.

Reseating the connectors fixed it all up.

3 weeks later
#10066 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

+1 on the Pinwoofer for Deadpool. Dramatic improvement from stock - Really enhances both music and callouts!

+2 on this! Deadpool has such an amazing soundtrack, you really should do it justice with one of these kits - it elevates this machine to another level.

1 week later
#10098 2 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Happy to see DP getting into the top 5 of the Pinside 100. It earned its way there.

Yeah it's awesome to see this one climbing the rankings - it's fully deserved, as it really is a complete package. I've said it before, but some games you can just tell there was a lot of love poured into it, and the creators really enjoyed making it. There's so many nice little touches everywhere - I mean, I've had this machine for a couple of years and I STILL hear new callouts!

I think I could level some (at least minor) criticisms at all of my games, but I really struggle to find anything at all negative about this one. It shoots great, it looks amazing, the music/callouts are outstanding and the rules are awesome, and above all it's just so much FUN. Has all the components to be a genuine classic. Very well done to the team at Stern for this.

(Note: ok, I've been thinking, and maybe I can't fault Iron Maiden either, ha ha).

1 week later
#10191 2 years ago

Ok, - I love this machine so much I am very seriously thinking about upgrading my pro to a premium. I know there's probably threads galore about comparing DP pro and premium, but have any actual pro owners here done this and found it really was worthwhile?

Premiums will be here in Australia around Feb 22, I could sell my pro tomorrow I'm sure but I don't wanna have no DP in my life for that long, I'd probably wait till December-ish to sell.

Also my pro currently has the topper (which I would keep), art blades and pinwoofer plus awesome speakers (it sounds A-MAZING). Will the premium upgrade make that much difference? The left orbit loop look great, as does the disco ball... I should also say that in terms of art package - i've only seen pics of the premium but I do prefer the pro.

#10221 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Just saw a Deadpool easter egg.
Was in a battle with Mystique and got a stuck ball resting on a pop that needs adjusting.
Had to wait for ball search.
The fight stopped and they both strated looking at me from the display then Deadpool gave this shrug like 'what?' and held out his hand toward her as if to say 'we're fighting here?'.

That's one of the reasons I f*&^%ing love this game. I'm a developer myself, and you just know the game devs were having fun when they made it to put little details like that in. Such a quality game - I've now taken the plunge and ordered a premium to upgrade my (already bloody amazing) pro.

2 months later
#10914 2 years ago

Normally I don't care, and really don't mind waiting, but I'm a bit miffed at these continuing manufacturing delays for everyone when Stern are still announcing and building more and more new games (Godzilla, Star Wars Pin, Elvira "Filthy Rich" Edition etc....).

I do have a Deadpool Premium on order, which was due in Feb, but I'll be damn lucky to see it around then. I think I'm especially sensitive to this because I sold my pro (prematurely it seems) to make the upgrade and I'm missing it soooooo much!

I did get a Star Trek LE as a "temp replacement" though so its not all doom and gloom.

#10947 2 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I played George Gomez's personal Deadpool on the Expo floor yesterday and then turn around just in time to see him pass by and shake his hand for such a great game that I'm taking delivery on next year... Talk about surreal
[quoted image]

He doesn't have an LE???

Can't wait for my premium next year, there's a hole in my heart where my pro used to be.

#10949 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Have you ordered? There is no production schedule yet. We have asked for one as well.

Yeah I ordered a few months back, and was told the eta was Feb 22. With all the delays and supply issues I'm certainly not expecting it then, but as long as I get it at some point, I'm fine with that (well, sometime in 2022 would be great)! I do miss my pro a lot, but its definitely a machine worth waiting for.

1 week later
#11027 2 years ago

Ninjapocalypse is just a combo, but is one of THE best combos in pinball - the animation/callout you get on screen is amazing!

#11073 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The new PAPA tutorial says code 1.08
Stern site is still at 1.05 but maybe that code drop is soon.

If there's another code update for Deadpool, it'll catapult this pin into the stratosphere of awesomeness because the last code update was brilliant, and I was sure that was pretty much the end of it.

#11130 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

This is surprising. Were you playing a Premium? Maybe it wasn’t in the right environment. The first time I played Deadpool was in a bar, I couldn’t hear the callouts or the music. The playfield didn’t have the spotlight kit, so the beautiful artwork wasn’t lit up…It was very “meh” to me in that environment.
To me the game has to be in an environment where I could experience everything that the game has to offer. IMO ‘Zilla is a knockout, and AIQ pales in comparison.

I think I kind of get what he is saying - I haven't played Godzilla yet but I own Iron Maiden and Avengers, and I also hired Jurassic Park for a few weeks. Elwin's games are impeccably designed and shoot incredibly well, but the feel of each one is really quite similar. I've said this before - I know the different designers all stamp their own "individual feel" over machines, but something about Elwin's design and the way his machines shoot make his games a little more "samey" than usual (they are all still absolutely brilliant btw).

Deadpool's layout is somewhat unique and really does feel different to other machines out there. I think it's the best Stern I've played - Iron Maiden is damn close (I still think it's Elwin's best) and I would also really like to try Elvira, but it would have to be VERY special to beat DP. Something else I've said before - you can just tell the folks who worked on this game were really passionate about it - it all oozes out from the game from the art to the shots to the sound package. As Deadpool says - I think everyone put in "maximum effort".

1 month later
#11525 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Like i said that's a legal distinction here.
Hence the Australian distibutor AMD does not take deposits on reruns until their allocation, and hence i suppose, their own deposit on the run.

But AMD included the price increases on any back ordered games. I have a DP premium on preorder, and have been subject to the price increases too.

That's even if DP gets made now - it was due for December build, but apparently that has been pushed 8 months back and people are saying the licence may expire. I'm yet to hear from AMD confirming that but sources everywhere here are saying the same thing. On top of that who's to say there won't be another price increase between then and now?

I gotta say, for people like me who sold their DP pro to upgrade to a premium, it's a massive kick in the nuts. I sold my favorite game for an upgrade, and now I may not be able to get it back at all (at least not new). Not blaming AMD they are amazing, but I'm not hugely impressed with Stern at the moment.

(Also yes, I know maybe I should have kept my pro until I had shipping confirmation of the premium, but this has never been an issue before with pre-ordering games).

#11532 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Did you get an invoice and pay a deposit, or just have your name added to a list for preorder?
I'm in the same boat for Elvira, but i haven't paid any money so expect to get invoiced at current pricing.

Yep I was invoiced and deposit was paid. To be fair, I haven't been contacted specifically by the guys to say that I'll have to pay the new price, but their general email that went out to everyone did say as much.

"All Stern Pinball games manufactured from 1st January 2022 onwards (including back ordered games) will also include the Stern Insider Connected feature and will be priced as per our website (Pro - $10,650 / Premium - $13,250 including GST), which is a direct result of the increased cost of parts and labour at the Stern factory in Chicago USA."

Seems pretty nailed on to me.

Also - yep I had a Pinwoofer in my DP, and it was incredible.

#11534 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Ahh, they are charging for an extra, spose that lets them wriggle out of it.

Not quite that either - they have 2 statements in the email, the first being:

"All Stern Pinball games manufactured from 13th September 2021 to 31st December 2021 (including back ordered games) will incur a AU$300 (including GST) price increase above your original quoted price to accommodate for the inclusion of the Stern Insider Connected feature."

So, they have one statement that you have to pay extra for insider connect, and another stating you have to incur the Stern machine price increases.

I don't mind having to shoulder this price increase - I kind of saw it coming. But what will tick me off a little (understatement) is incurring a second one because of a monumental delay - that's not really on.

#11537 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:Price gouging. What parts in the pinball machine have increased in cost?
Yes microchips have, but spike ii is cheap to make. Probably less than $50 per board.
Spike II was designed to reduce wiring and the overall cost , instead of being cheaper from Sam—>Spike1–>2 the machines got more expensive.
More price gouging.
The cabinets are subpar, no silkscreen pf or cabinets. Nothing. Poor build quality although faithful to the williams design unlike spooky that uses pocket holes to build cabs (yuk!)
But we continue to throw money at Stern. They do make the most fun pinball machines! They have a formula and they are lining their pockets.
CGC build quality is better, their games are cheaper and have more and better toys. Stern gives you flat plastics but better flippers and code.
Weird hobby this one.
The party will end eventually but for now seems like the only way is $ up

Yeah this whole backlog + price increase thing with Stern is really grating on me more and more these days. It's not bad enough you have to wait longer for a machine you ordered 6-8 months ago (and meanwhile people are getting their flashy new machines as they roll off the production line which they ordered waaaay after you), but then you are charged more for waiting longer. Add to this - there is the possibility your machine build could actually get cancelled entirely and bingo, you've wasted 12 months waiting for a machine that is never actually going to arrive.

I don't blame the distributor one bit, I'm sure AMD are frustrated with Stern too... I just don't like this method of operation at all, they are sucking in all these orders for machines without the manufacturing structure in place to satisfy them. I used to order Stern machines with absolute confidence in what I was getting (and when), but I guess it's very a different world now.

1 week later
#11683 2 years ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Can you divulge any further info? I'm in Oz, but ordered a Prem 7-8 months ago. My distributor has stated Feb-Mar for a while now, but everything was leading me to believe it'll be end of the year, if at all.

Me too - AMD still can't give me any sort of date on my DP premium.

Would be fantastic surprise to get this in a month or two.

1 week later
#11895 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Another vote for mirror blades. Just installed mine tonight.
Shout out to Pinstein for hooking up this translite, too. Legit separate artwork for the Premium, and no more gross face.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That translite is fantastic - I usually throw up a bit in my mouth when I see people replacing Zombie Yeti artwork, but that one is pretty darn good.

Also love the topper - is that one of the custom ones that Tilttopper did?

2 months later
#12685 1 year ago

I put a pinwoofer + upgraded sub and speakers in my DP pro and to say it was an improvement is a massive understatement. Luckily I'm able to crank up the volume on my machines, and everyone who heard DP was asking me how on earth it sounded so good. The sound on this one absolutely deserves an upgrade - for me it's the best audio package Stern has ever done.

I (perhaps stupidly) sold my pro with the pinwoofer still in it, so now my premium is on the way I've had to purchase another one. But I really wanted the new owner to appreciate the sound as much as I did.

#12697 1 year ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Yo Ceemonkey, which Pinwoofer did you go for? I have a Premium in bound so thinking of doing the same upgrade.

In my pro I had the larger sized Pinwoofer GT, but this time for the premium I've gone for the smaller KO unit. I can't tell if there's much difference yet as my premium isn't here, but I've also bought a new 8" woofer (not the monster 12" i had in my pro) and new backbox speakers. The new speakers/sub are essential too to make the most of the amp.

If you are getting a new sub, personally I wouldn't bother with upping the size 10" or 12" its a bit of a pain drilling new holes in the cabinet etc. A good 8" sub should sound amazing. You can also get speaker mounting rings from Dan they do help ease the installation somewhat.

Also I would say, if Pinwoofer seems a bit pricey, you can try an external sub kit first - its a cheaper way to get a pretty big impact in the audio.

1 week later
#12876 1 year ago
Quoted from simbob:

Hi folks,
I am very happily soon to join the Deadpool (premium) club when my machine arrives from the dealer in July. He also has toppers available (about $650 USD)
Thanks in advance - What's your vibe on the topper?
A) Definitely get it, it's awesome and you will be the envy of all the other kids
B) It's pretty cool, wouldn't hurt to have it.
C) It's ok but not really worth it. Maybe spend the extra money on chimichangas.
D) I hate it, why would you even suggest such a thing

They aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I'm a big fan of toppers I think they finish off a pin very nicely. The DP one is pretty cool - and if you can get a new one at RRP rather than a ludicrously priced 2nd hand one - I'd definitely go with A.

#12895 1 year ago
Quoted from RPZ:

Very cool!
Where is the Deadpool on hammock from?

That's not even a mod mate - it's the standard factory plastic on the pro (very cool)!

Can't have it on the premium I guess it'll block the disco ball...?

Edit: DOH I'm talking about the wrong pic! That DP on the hammock is fab and doesn't get in the way at all!

#12974 1 year ago

Yeeeeessss! Finally after (prematurely it seems) selling my pro to upgrade to a premium... 9 months later I'm back in the club! Somehow I've managed to squeeze it in and it becomes my 8th machine. With this, R&M and Alien arriving all within the space of a month, I'm in a sort of "pin nirvana" at the moment - nothing else matters.

Quick question for those with speaker light kits - is it better to remove the foam shielding from behind the speaker plates so the lighting isn't so diffused?

20220523_203115 (resized).jpg20220523_203115 (resized).jpg20220523_203800 (resized).jpg20220523_203800 (resized).jpg
#13009 1 year ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Keep in mind, I can't really tell what type of Speaker Light Kit you have installed..., but
Do you have 5.25" speakers mounted with 5.25" speaker plates in the game? If not.....best to leave the foam in. Who wants to see those off center, 4" speaker holes with the bars running though them? The less of them you see the better, in my opinion.
If you do have 5.25" speakers, mounted with the proper 5.25" speaker plates....I think a light kit to just light around the 5.25" speakers (and no foam) would be the best pick with the speaker panel cover you have.
If you have a light kit mounted in it that lights the entire rectangle grill area and 4" speakers, and want some more brightness or light spreading.....you can go to a craft store and get some PLASTIC CANVAS as awesome1 suggested. I sell ultra stiff, clear. White actually brightens things up a wee bit more, but I choose the clear over the white just because the grid pattern of it in clear is a little bit less noticeable than the white.
You can either mount it directly behind the foam, or it actually does just as good of a job with the light spreading with it directly in front of the speaker plate if you do not want to go to the trouble of removing the light frames. Mounting it back there also makes the grid pattern slightly less noticeable.
Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

Thanks mate! Yeah I have the 5.25 speakers with 5.25 inch plates, so I think no foam is the way to go. I'll remove it I think.

#13039 1 year ago

Yeah DP has an absolute tonne of things to do, the code is actually really great on it. Its a bit like Iron Maiden this game - in that the beginners can have a great shoot on it and start modes easily, but there are some nice extra layers to it once you know the table.

One thing I have noticed, and its a BIG difference is that my new premium plays waaaaay faster than my pro! Its like lightning - the ball is hardly visible at times! I've had to turn down the flipper/sling/scoop power quite a bit to make it a bit more controllable. Also gotta look at the level it might also be too steep. Bit strange though, it really took me by surprise - I was expecting to jump straight back in and get some killer scores but it's hard as nails at this speed.

1 week later
#13196 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

My favorite is the MXV skill shot. Plunge all the way around, hit the right orbit, then hit the katana ramp shot.

The MXV skillshot is possibly the GREATEST SKILLSHOT EVER!

No really, it's sooooooo satisfying! Just like the Ninjapocalypse combo being the best combo ever. Amazing... what other combo gives you that level of feedback awesomeness...???

3 weeks later
#13439 1 year ago

Personally I still think Ghostbusters is still Yeti's best art, but this one is a VERY close second. Also yes, although it is comic artwork, it does seem to be slightly less "cartoony" than Avengers/TMNT (which quite honestly are also bloody amazing, no-one makes a playfield pop like ZY).

1 month later
#13744 1 year ago

Bloody obvious, but wow that's really poor not even getting some sort of congratulations screen on finishing the whole game. They really should remedy that.

Edit: not that I'll ever see it of course even if they did.

4 weeks later
#13929 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Upgraded disco ball + lighting in the works
Also something killer for the scoop which could enhance the above even more, will hopefully post something soon as I am way behind due to the kids being on school holidays for the past 6 weeks.

I'd be very interested in anything that upgrades the disco ball!

#13951 1 year ago
Quoted from Faust:

Hi all,
I’ve been working on the Alien apron the last year with a few other guys (thread here
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-apron-amp-lighting-mod
It is a fully game interactive apron.
Now since I have a Deadpool I am thinking this game could use a nicely lighted apron with enhanced disco mode/interactive lighting!!
I have some ideas already but I’d like to get some feedback from owners. If you have ideas post them or PM me to not derail the thread too much.
If there is enough interest I will start a separate topic for this for development

The disco mode is such a great concept/idea lighting-wise, but it's implemented in a slightly disappointing way in the game. First time I started disco loops on my premium I hardly noticed the disco ball effects. Someone else in here has already mentioned modding the ball/lights which would be awesome, but a custom apron for DP would be amazing too!

#13989 1 year ago

The game itself is totally amazing - but in all fairness that Colossus shot is clunk city and hitting the jackpot (for me anyway) really is just down to luck. On the positive side - it doesn't seem essential to advancing the game that much and you don't have to rely on it.

2 weeks later
#14120 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thank you, hopefully what I’m working on is well received and liked by Deadpool owners, the aim is to substantially enhance the disco ball light show and give another area of the game a visual upgrade in the process. Will hopefully be happy enough to reveal soon.

Anything that accentuates the disco ball modes is gonna be amazing. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

1 month later
#14318 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Pinwoofer. Full system.
One of the best mods ever for DP.

100x this ^^... Get a pinwoofer, some upgraded speakers and better subwoofer into a DP, and enjoy the best sounding Stern ever made.

1 week later
#14347 1 year ago

Yeah the team ups already affect battles quite nicely. I think the amount of ninjas you have increases your jackpots in ninja multiball perhaps?

Weapons get you extra bonus, advance to mech suit MB and eventually permanent multipliers so they are used pretty well. Would be cool to have them affect the game in other ways though of course. I'd actually love to see just one more multiball for chimis (if you get to 15 its Taco Time!). Oh man that would just about make this game pure perfection. It's pretty much there as it is.

3 months later
#14688 1 year ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

What does a “typical” game of deadpool feel like to you all. Im no pinball expert but ive had this thing for a year now and it seems to kick my ass more than my walking dead premium…. I rarely finish the three battles to complete the first round of battles. Feel like im flailing too much.

It's weird but I have found my premium to be waaaaaaay harder than the pro I owned. My GC on my pro was around 2 billion, and I'd probably get one billion game in every 10. On my premium most of my games end at 100 million or so and it plays so freaking fast! I actually don't get it, it's levelled the same, the flipper placement and shot geometry don't feel any different, but it feels like it's double speed... and I thought having drops instead of stand ups it would play a tiny bit slower!

1 month later
#14814 12 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Something I’ve thought about and looked into already, it’s do able and could easily be made interactive rather than just adding more LEDs to make it brighter.
I may look into it after I’ve revealed my scoop mod next Friday.

Apologies if I'm mistaken, but weren't you also looking into creating some kind of disco ball mod? I'd love someone to make the disco ball and light show more pronounced it should really be a dazzling spectacle in this game but it's kinda flat from factory.

1 month later
#14922 10 months ago

Think you made the right choice there. I have both - very hard to choose a favourite out of the two, but I'd very possibly just about give DP the edge. Also, I'd say when people come over, Deadpool is always the most popular game. I can't think of a single criticism for it, and for me it's like IMDN - bordering on pinball perfection, and a stone cold classic Stern.

2 weeks later
#14946 9 months ago
Quoted from Pinballbuyer:

I just got a pro and there was a mezel mod handle and a stern handle in cabinet. Then the why not kicked in. I need to get inserts to add the blue rubber blockers on the front edges and make a bracket to connect katana blade to handle. I made a 180 looping ramp and the optos are installed and functioning. Heres some pictures and a quick video. We are not sure if we are going to offer it as a mod (loganpinball.com). We took the business off pinside but kept opinballbuyer to sell or buy machines. I am showing some of the mods in the owners forums. The progress and updates on this will be on instagram Loganpinball and loganpinball.com.
I have limited my time on this forum for my mental health, but I will show everything going forward on instagram, youtube and my website. This was just a post to show owners a katana mod and if you are interested please email [email protected]. If there is enough interest we would produce them. The handle from mezel mods is $70 alone. Looking for alternative, but just realize this is a good amount of material and labor to make.
Thanks for reading and have a great day.
Jay

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's cool! I actually really love the factory red wireform on the premium - but that extra sword kinda ties in with the playfield artwork/inserts of DPs dual katanas.

1 month later
#15097 7 months ago

It's time for me to leave this club again - my 2nd DP is on its way out (first was a pro, now I'm selling my premium) to make some room for new things, but this is still one of my top 5 games of all time. It's a box of pure Stern magic - and one day when I have my mansion and unlimited space I'll buy an LE and complete my first Stern trifecta of pro + premium + LE ownership, but until that day...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parsippany, NJ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.99
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ceemunkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=Ceemunkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.