(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 37 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #264 MODS: Disco Ball (for Pro machines) by Lermods Posted by Lermods (5 years ago)

Post #270 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Katana ramp shot troubleshooting Posted by chuckcasey (5 years ago)

Post #385 MODS: Tilt Graphics art blades - installed with photos Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #414 RULES: Deadpool Rulesheet - 1.02 Posted by jeep-mustang (5 years ago)

Post #544 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Post Rubber wear Posted by HighProtein (5 years ago)

Post #638 Cliffy's - Installed with photos Posted by cpr9999 (5 years ago)

Post #646 Bright silver powdercoat for Katana Posted by Robertstone0407 (5 years ago)

Post #725 TECH: SOUND. External Subwoofer Hook-up Posted by _xizor (5 years ago)

Post #889 MODS: "HELLHOUSE" villains lair by The Mod Couple Posted by Yelobird (5 years ago)

Post #894 LIGHTING: Comet GI lighting upgrade - installed with photos Posted by Melhadmj (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Beatnik-Filmstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4440 4 years ago

Not an owner, but on my short list. Took down my local DP rival's grand champ score last night in a game where I got to (and beat) Megakrakolodonus Rex for the first time.

I know it's been discussed, but I do think they need to change/alter how the playfield multiplier works. I had the perma 2x from 100 weapons by the end of this game, but so much of this score was due to having a few nicely timed Snikt! shots combined with a few others that were just pure luck/chance.

It's annoying to me that having more or less the exact same game minus 3-4 shots off a standup that bounced right and went up a ramp would result in a score maybe 1/3 as big.
dp (resized).jpgdp (resized).jpg

#4443 4 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Great game you had.
I respectfully disagree on the scoring issue; I think "that's pinball" .

I keep alternating between liking it the way it is, and wishing that if not easier, that there were other means of raising the playfield multiplier.

Maybe adding something similar to collecting 100 weapons. Collect 50 cihimis, or drop 20 sets of drops, etc. Somthing like that. Of course you'd run the risk of having players reach all of the goals around the same time and suddenly getting multiple permanent additional playfield multipliers.

No big deal either way. Heck of a fun game. Was just glad to finally crack 2B.

3 months later
#5582 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Practice lighting the teamups before you go into a battle, then hit BOOM (if lit) to activate one of the teamups as soon as the battle starts. I've gotten like 130 million just from one fight doing that.

Huh? Was under the impression that any teamup benefits were automatically active when entering a battle.

#5592 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

For example, if you have Dazzler activated, she'll jump in and start attacking your opponent with you if you hit BOOM right away, without you having to hit the orbit to call her.

Went looking further, and a software engineer from Stern says that the teamup benefits are active regardless of hitting it's related shot again once you're in a battle.

Screenshot (resized).pngScreenshot (resized).png

Hitting boom it likely triggering an active teamup's shot since it's got a decent chance of being the highest value shot at the time you hit the button.

#5597 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, that's what I mean. It's like hitting the teamup's shot immediately.

Ahhh, thought you were saying (using Dazzler as an example) that if you qualified Dazzler and then started a mode, that you wouldn't get additional health for the battle unless you hit the Dazzler shot again during said battle.

1 week later
#5648 4 years ago
Quoted from maroot:

Excellent! I will check that out!
Side to side is on the money, so not sure what the deal is.

Adjusting the leaf switch will definitely make it more sensitive, but if you're finding that it's more sensitive from one direction over another, it might just need a little adjustment to the spoon for that given pop.

It's a trivial adjustment.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-rebuilding-pop-bumpers#post-486010

2 weeks later
#5745 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I mostly use BOOM when I drain and I pound the button out of frustration.

A technique I carry over into game of Black Knight like a complete idiot roughly 50% of the time.

10 months later
#8429 3 years ago

Preliminarily joining the club. Deposit on a premium sent off, and a long wait till April/May begins.

Have read lots of things in this thread over the last few months as I honed in on making the decision. Intending to order a few things ahead of time and would like to make sure I'll have what I need, and know what adjustments I can expect to have to make.

Not counting any sort of mods - just "do this to protect your machine" type things.

1 - At the very least a cliffy for the entrance to the katana ramp though I'll probably do a whole set.
2 - May have to bend the guides slightly outward at the exit of the katana ramp.
3 - Anti sway bracket for the Snikt shot though it appears newer builds have this straight from Stern?

That about cover it?

#8432 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

If you are getting other protectors from Cliffy certainly pick that up but I would still recommend putting washers under each of the 3 posts of that ball guide. If not you might notice some of the clear coming up as dust around the middle of the ball guide after some play.
At the very least, if you only install the Cliffy maybe add some mylar under the rest of that guide.

Thanks for the reminder. I remember seeing some posts about adding washers as well. Can't hurt, and I have some on hand.

Quoted from Smack:

I am not familiar with #2. Is that to ensure a cleaner shot up the ramp after it exits the ball guide? If so that seems like it might be a case by case thing.

In reference to these posts:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/6#post-4580338
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/169#post-6114580
But yeah - case by case. More of a "be prepared to do this if the need arises" thing.

Quoted from Smack:

The other suggestion I might have is to get the Comet LED kit. I very recently installed it on mine, along with a trough light and it looks great. The warmer white brings out more detail in the plastics and the spotlights really help the middle of the playfield. While this doesn't protect your machine the added light in the middle will help you play better.
[quoted image]

I probably will, but didn't really want to just post about mods mods mods mods mods. Honestly not a big mod guy, but have seen plenty of pics of the comet kit in action and it's a pretty clear improvement.

#8436 3 years ago

Back with more questions because what else am I going to do when waiting two+ horrible months.

Question about Comet's Deadpool kit: Does the kit include bulbs to swap out all of the GI in the machine? Photos seems to only focus down low where the questionable reds are located. Not a fan of cool whites (which I assume come stock) so I'd want to buy extras to swap them all out if there's not already enough in the kit.

Regarding adding powered mods such as the extra spots, trough lighting, flipper buttons, etc. Is there a point where you need to worry about power draw? I assume most of these will just be alligator clipped onto the nearest GI sockets?

#8501 3 years ago

Impatiently attempting to pass the time between ordering a NIB and having it come in... (Seriously - this is the worst. Kids in mid December are more patient than me right now.)

Reading tons of threads as per usual. Came across a post in someone's "I just got a DP - what should I do first?" thread and saw a post about the usual Katana ramp issue. But they also mentioned putting washers under the left ramp. That was new to me, but this picture was included.

27e8644860a3e268a28881a76dc5fb9a018eb895 (resized).jpg27e8644860a3e268a28881a76dc5fb9a018eb895 (resized).jpg

I could have missed it since there's so many, but I couldn't find a single mention of this possibility in this thread. Anyone ever see something like this? Seems confusing at first, but I assume it's from repeated ramp shots pushing it ever so slightly to the left?

Thread/post in question if you're curious:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-have-a-nib-deadpool-and-some-maintenance-questions#post-5994826

#8504 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I think he’s talking about the playfield chip in the orbit

Definitely. Just weird that that photo shows clear damage and I've not heard of or seen any mention of it before.

Don't know the ramp mechanism well enough to know if washers under the ramp as that poster said is even possible, or if a little mylar would be wise.

#8507 3 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I see the damage now. I still wonder though if it could be caused by the impact of the ball hitting where the blue rubber should be and the vibration causing the damage. I’ll have to take a close look at mine to see if my ramp contacts the playfield in that area and if I have any signs of damage

That might be it. I was thinking shots from the right flipper hitting the left wall of the ramp enough times might be jolting things enough to cause scraping, but maybe it was the missing blue rubber and too many shots directly that that edge.

Probably shouldn't worry about it since I've never seen any other person mention damage there, but I think I'm just going to be paranoid about any narrow metal edge laying flush with the playfield.

#8509 3 years ago

My wife is going to be so confused when I tear the game apart before playing it.

#8521 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

What about a premium run? That's what I guess I'm curious about.

When I first checked with a few distros I was told late April / May.

When I put a deposit down, Chris from King Pin said he had received an email from Stern on 2/1 that said April, though he made a point of stressing "Please don't assume that means it will be ready April 1st"

#8568 3 years ago

Related question, but do the cassettes come with the premiums still?

#8572 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's still listed in the feature matrix on Stern's site, but probably worth asking your distributor to be sure:
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Deadpool-Pinball-Features-Matrix.pdf

Well, it's not like I have a tape deck anymore anyway. But I do go see Brian Posehn perform whenever I can and it would be a pretty cool little thing to get autographed given the chance.

1 week later
#8627 3 years ago
Quoted from Grossp59:

Just March - I asked for anything more specific and he indicated that Stern just gives them a month now.

Well if you're not set on NIB and won't eat a deposit - this hit the market today.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/110862

Otherwise - go through the stickied posts. They contain more or less all you need to know.

#8651 3 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Sorry what's the stern email for reporting bugs again?

What did you find? Something other than the Lil Deadpool Frenzy issue?

#8673 3 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

I have seen a couple of posts from new buyers asking about mods and tweaks. Who here has put washers under the ball guide for the Wolverine shot/spinner?
I don't see any pooling up here but I can see some dust from the clear so it seems like a logical extension to round out the washers under the Katana ball guide and the left ramp.

It's on my day one before I play a game list of things to do. Between cliffys, katana ramp entrance fix, plastic protectors, comet light kit etc etc - may as well.

pinbuoy's images make it a no brainer to me:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/144#post-5859836

#8692 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

From whom? Every distro says march. I believe April might be the premiums

April is what I was told, with an adamant emphasis on "April doesn't mean April 1st." I'm jealous as Hell of anyone expecting a March delivery.

#8696 3 years ago

Sorry for any confusion - I was referring to premiums.

Chris at kingpin said his latest info from Stern for premiums was April. This was on Feb 2nd or so in an email he had just received.

1 week later
#8742 3 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Looking at joining the club shortly as pro's become available through my distributor in Canada again. Love the stern Katana side armor on this game, everywhere seems sold out? Anyone know of anywhere for sale, have for sale or if stern will be restocking this with the new run (I know art blades just went back in stock on their site)?

Read the first few posts that come up in a thread search for "side armor"
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tq=side+armor&tu=

May want to reconsider. For that same (or thereabouts) money - head over to Robert's powdercoating thread and go nuts.

#8823 3 years ago

Fully prepared and planning to fix the katana ramp (as well as near the Wolverine spinner, left ramp etc.) myself, but kinda pathetic that they're doing another run and still haven't addressed the issues.

Can anyone with a new pro check to see if they've put the anti-sway bracket on the Snikt target? Things seemed a bit inconclusive the last time I checked posts for that.

#8920 3 years ago
Quoted from Dave_tX:

After looking at the pinned Post #4571 I am worried I may be dealing with this. Can someone who has dealt with it tell me if the snikt target should be touching the Wolvernine ball guide at all? There is room for play in mine but it is hitting the metal guide, and visually it is easy to tell it is keeping the target from pushing evenly.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The answer: (no)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/92#post-5300308

The fix:
https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BK3

Edit - looking at your picture closer - doesn't seem bad to me at all.

#8922 3 years ago
Quoted from Dave_tX:

Thanks!! I was looking at those pictures from earlier in the thread, and their example for wrong seems way more out of place. But to be clear the question you were answering was that it should not be making contact with that guide at all, correct?

I really only know what's in that post, but that's from the mouth of George Gomez, so I assume it's right. It should prevent you from hitting the rail directly, but not be in contact with it.

Back to your earlier post though - I think you're understanding it, but hitting the snikt target alone doesn't register the playfield multipliers. You need to hit it and have the ball bounce off and up the ramp, triggering a 2nd switch/opto. Basically hitting them both in rapid succession.

#8931 3 years ago

PS - Welcome to pinball ownership.... Ain't it grand?

#8943 3 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I don’t think I’ve seen a used one pop up under 7k in a while, and they are normally gone in an instant. After 2 years of waiting for one to pop up within a days drive, I’m going nib. Perhaps more will pop up in the future? I fear they’ll put it in the vault in favor of newer titles, so im getting in now.

The last few I've seen here were basically stock or stock + shaker and went in the $72/7300 range pretty quickly if memory serves. Got tired of waiting for something within driving distance in no time and ordered NIB as well. Seems the days of losing $1k opening the box over for now.

***There was a really nice used prem in San Antonio about 6(?) months ago for an inexplicable $6450, but it seemed to be a crazy outlier.

#8957 3 years ago
Quoted from Dave_tX:

I am in business! Landed the shot about 5 times and all is in working order! I can finally get multipliers thanks to the help here. Thanks everyone who pitched in!

Awesome.

Quoted from DudeRegular:

Good work man. This is actually a great way to learn about the inner workings of your game and will help you in the future. These things need adjustments and fixes from time to time. Its part of owning them. Don't be surprised when you bring home some non-functioning game in the future with the goals of bringing it back to life.

This 110%. Get yourself a soldering iron, a set of nut drivers and a willingness to dive in. It's oddly satisfying to fix issues as they crop up, and bringing a non working machine back to life even moreso.

#8966 3 years ago
Quoted from Dave_tX:

Thanks for the recommendation. This one I have is just the cheapest one at Lowes, so I do not plan on using it on something so expensive!

When I got my first machine I bought the cheapest (or thereabouts) soldering iron I could find at Menards. I made do with it for a few years cause I didn't really solder that often and just talked myself out of buying something nicer.

Bought and more or less top to bottom shopped out a Jacks Open last year and while doing it, finally spent the $100 or on a decent Hakko temp controlled iron. I really wish I hadn't waited. It's a night and day difference and 100% worth the extra money.

#8984 3 years ago

An ominous post from the Star Wars thread for those of us awaiting DP Premiums.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/211#post-6207047

Quoted from crujones4life:

Based on our original schedule, we were hoping to have finished up Guardians Pro, Star Wars Pro and Star Wars Premium by last week, with Jurassic Park Premium beginning this week.

However, at this time we hope to begin GOTG PRO in the coming days, followed by Star Wars Pro and Premium. Jurassic Park Premium is TBD as we await missing parts (hopefully late next week). Star Wars Pin (Movie Art) should be on track for early next week, with Star Wars Comic Pin sliding to the 1st or 2nd week in April.

No idea where this leaves DP premiums on the schedule. I know "April" didn't mean April 1st, but that makes it sound a ways off.

#9005 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

BTW I use clear polycarbonate washers for all of these things, I just cut a slit and slide them on the post much easier than having to fully remove ramps/rails to put a metal washer on.

I'm currently sitting on some mylar, nylon washers, metal washers and some silicon rings from PBL that I can cut down if needed. I have no idea what I'm going to end up doing when the time comes.

#9008 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The left ramp and wolverine ramp are very easy to loosen and lift so I would suggest protecting them even if no damage is visible. When I did they both revealed a greater need for protection than the Katana entrance.

Oh fully intending to do all three. Just not sure what I'll actually end up putting down. Don't mind taking things apart at all.

Have pretty much resigned myself to pulling armor and sending it off for powder coating on day one - will have plenty of time to do preventative things while waiting.

#9047 3 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

When I pre-ordered my premium back in February, my distributor said the build run would be “April or May.” Not that he necessarily has more info than anyone else, but it felt like the conversation was leaning toward a late-April or May timeframe.
Between container shortages and clogged ports, it wouldn’t be surprising to see some delays. I’ll just be happy to finally join the club whenever mine arrives no matter how long it takes

Basically the same for me. When I first started asking around, I was told April, and April/May. When I ordered in early Feb, the distro (KingPin) had received an email from Stern that day stating April. He immediately stressed "That does NOT mean April 1st!" I've mentally expected late April all along. That email from Stern though makes me assume that that's probably not happening though. The wait sucks, but what the Hell. I now have a closet full of things to install / add to it when it finally gets here.

Endlessly jealous of the people that got their pros though.

#9059 3 years ago

I have a set of Flipper Fidelity pro/prem -> LE upgrade speakers sitting in my closet amongst the pile of things ready to go. Have read varying things about just how much better they'll sound vs. stock speakers, but what the Hell. Part of the previously mentioned side effect of ordering a machine and having nothing else to do for 2+ months while waiting for it.

Would contemplate adding a pinwoofer amp to it since I know that that's where the real improvement in sound lies, but I'm not even sure if I could at this point. Also within the pile is a pinnovators headphone kit which plugs into the same jack on the same node board that a pinwoofer amp would use. It's a question for another day. This is all ignoring the fact that I live in an apartment anyway and have neighborly courtesy issues to consider. I don't even have the chimes on my Jacks Open hooked up right now since I'm trying to be nice. Side note - playing an EM with just the sound of pops, drops and score reels clicking away is really an odd thing. Very mechanical.

#9062 3 years ago

Impatiently passing the time waiting for my premium, so I made some coin reject inserts. If anyone's interested - PM me an email address and I'll send a PDF that you can print.

cr1 (resized).jpgcr1 (resized).jpg

cr2 (resized).jpgcr2 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#9153 2 years ago

Email from distro: DP Prem left the factory yesterday, should be on hand at distro tomorrow.

fbc42067-aafd-4fac-a696-1894842fb332-featured-c22fc5326df12122a3280d122ab1fd72 (resized).jpgfbc42067-aafd-4fac-a696-1894842fb332-featured-c22fc5326df12122a3280d122ab1fd72 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#9264 2 years ago

Delivery for my prem set for tomorrow. Or as I like to call it - that day where I pretended to work as much as normal and got even less done than you could ever imagine.

#9286 2 years ago

Sometimes you slip $20 to a bouncer to get into a club.

Today I slipped $20 to a burly 20-something year old delivery driver instead. Curb side? Nahhh. Bring that thing in here please.

Club member status : Complete
IMG_8148 (resized).JPGIMG_8148 (resized).JPG

#9291 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Damn...I had to bribe my delivery guy $50 just to push my pin up the driveway into the garage. Then another $50 to a handyman to get it into the basement.
Rookie mistake I guess.

It was kinda spur of the moment, since I had a friend on the way over to help me, but what the Hell. Young kid with way better hand truck and younger back vs. two middle aged guys? Easy choice. Realized later that I probably would have tipped him out of habit anyway, so what the Hell.

A little tinkering later....
IMG_8149 (resized).JPGIMG_8149 (resized).JPG

And since that window makes me more paranoid than a first time parent AND I'm supposed to be working today....
It's actual current condition.
IMG_8150 (resized).JPGIMG_8150 (resized).JPG

#9294 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Gotta be cheaper to put a blind on the window than buy covers for all your machines?

Window has a blind, but I work from home and having the living room be dark all the time won't fly too well with the wife.
Other two machines are old wedgeheads and I'm not 1% as concerned with fade on them. A cover for the DP in the meantime until we have a house with a proper dark basement or game room is an easy enough fix.

#9297 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Im in a similar boat... We have a bunch of windows/ sliders in our basement and they all have electric roller shades... but who wants to leave the shades drawn all the time. So have been thinking about getting a cover like that for my end machine. Mind if i ask how you like it and where you bought it?

It's the pinskin one they sell on Marcos. Literally just opened it and put it on today, so not much to review.

Of course they're out right now.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/77-PC-ES

But quality seems decent enough. Nice heavyish weight to the fabric. Little disc magnets that hold things in place. It's two parts - the base and the head. The bottom part is open in the back. The head piece covers all four sides. There's a strip of velcro along the front bottom of the head cover that will attach it to the base.

Top of my head concern - it's probably not going to be quick and easy to get it on/off since I have my machines in a row, but oh well. Stop gap like I said.

Edit - 4/22 build date. Has the notch cut out of the rail as well, though I'm 99% surely going to raise the rail regardless and install my cliffys.

#9384 2 years ago

If anyone was wondering about the following scenario: You get your first NIB machine on a Friday and manage to throw out your back while setting it up with a friend.

The answer to the question "How long will it take for you to install all your mods, plastic protectors, cliffys, titans, comet bulbs etc etc while trying not to cry every other time you move suddenly?" is "You will be finally finished Tuesday night."

Ha ha ha. Being middle aged is a blast. Oh, I see that you moved suddenly in some imperceivably wrong way. Time to die.

#9396 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I've been a PRO owner since 2018 but I just got word that my PREMIUM has arrived! (upgrading, baby!)
That said, I wanted to get the legs/other stems powder-coated before taking ownership but I have NO IDEA what color is best for that. I noticed some "dark red" on here, can others suggest a good COLOR to powder-coat my PREMIUM and ideally even post pictures?
Greatly appreciated!

Spent a load of time waiting for my premium thinking about / looking up powder coating options.

Posted these before, but:
Some in red:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/88#post-5265852
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/94#post-5319363
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/109#post-5449130
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered/page/50#post-5948012

Some in blue:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/89#post-5278290
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered/page/52#post-6092853

Not really a fan of the red on the premium. Have thought I'd go blue this whole time, but now that the machine is here, I'm not so sure.

I swapped the T-molding for blue, and as a part of upgrading to 5.25" speakers etc - put in blue rings.
184128616_841805773101191_1206654780993701207_n (resized).jpg184128616_841805773101191_1206654780993701207_n (resized).jpg
The odd thing is - it looks great as is. A nice accent to all the blues in the side art. But it's almost immediately clear to me that getting all the armor powder coated blue isn't going to look right to me. I like the ones done in blue above, but it's just a bit too much in some way. I think that it's just a bit much to have all that blue armor, and then while the playfield is color as can be - red really is a dominate color of sorts.

The unexpected probable solution? I think I'm actually just going to get my armor done in a nice glossy black, with some metallic flake. Possibly a blue, but maybe red since that really is more of a Deadpool color. Like clothes - black just goes with pretty much everything. (And lol - when it comes time to sell and you don't want to take a beating on not recouping mod expenses? Swap it to another machine. It's Black! It will look good!)

edit: another photo of one done in blue that I had found. This actually highlights why I think I'm not going with blue pretty well. I think the speaker panel is overkill, and I don't think the blue apron works that great. (All due respect to whoever owns the game, etc etc. Just my opinion and all.)
15 (resized).jpeg15 (resized).jpeg

#9401 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

I can't wait to see this.
I think the blue legs with matching armor is overkill as well. Perhaps just the legs in blue. I would probably go a darker shade of blue for the legs vs the photo above, however I am creatively challenged so this could look horrible

A friend suggested maybe a really dark blue. Could look good, but considering the expense I'm not sure I want to take any chances. May be a few weeks before I make a final decision and send things off. Gotta play the Hell out of it in the meantime you know. Will surely post pics when things are said and done.

Quoted from punkin:

So what colours would you guys choose for a pro?

I think I've only ever seen pros done in red. Works on the pro WAY better than the premium, I think.

Oh. Forgot about these. Steve at pinball refinery sent a couple pics of a premium done in purple. Not my cup of tea, but looks decent to me.

af963613eddfd34cd828c5b2cd472d8e837cc3ce (resized).jpgaf963613eddfd34cd828c5b2cd472d8e837cc3ce (resized).jpg
5e0483b70b20527437199e55824e3848fa64ff36 (resized).jpg5e0483b70b20527437199e55824e3848fa64ff36 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#9525 2 years ago

Change of topic....

Is there any ball save timer for hellhouse ejects? Not seeing it anywhere in the adjustments or DP specific menus. Lots of others, but not for the hellhouse.

Every now and then, it's just laughing at me as it ejects SDTM. And you'd better believe it happens exclusively when I'm having a good game going. Even a 1-2 second courtesy ball save would be wonderful.

#9529 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

I don't ever get drains coming from Hell house. Make sure your bracket is screwed down under the play field. Also, look at the bracket itself and inspect for cracked welds.

Everything locked down tight, and scoop protector replaced with a cliffy before ball one was even played.

It's exceedingly rare - once every few hundred (if not more) ejects. Just horribly frustrating, as it never happens first thing on ball one. It's always when you want it to happen the least. Riding 2 dangers late into a kick ass ball.

Could probably adjust things to ensure it never happens, but thought I'd verify that there's not a ball save timer adjustment before bothering. For something that happens rarely and at random - it's really frustrating.

#9534 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

You can also see if the top portion of the scoop (above play field) rocks back and forth, by checking it with your hand. This would be an indicator of a cracked weld. Additionally, the welds are supposed to be ground smooth at the middle of the scoop. Last, I think you can adjust the power of the ball being ejected from the scoop in the adjustment settings.

Thanks for the suggestions. Nothing off with the welds, or scoop protector or anything like that it appears.

Scoop function is simple enough. Ball goes in scoop, microswitch gets pressed in, moment later coil fires and nylon plunger shoots ball out. Tested things manually and mine fires the ball to the right flipper roughly 2/3 of the way up the flipper. Over and over - consistent as can be.

BUT

InkedIMG_8217_LI (resized).jpgInkedIMG_8217_LI (resized).jpg

Due to the orientation of the scoop and the slope of the playfield (I'm in the 7 degree camp for what it's worth) - the corner circled in blue sits a little lower than the rest of the scoop. Every once in a while, I put the ball in and it would actually settle into that corner and not the circular opening. Switch still pressed in and the coil fires, but now the plunger doesn't hit the ball square. I could slowly lower the ball into that corner to force this to happen, but the resulting eject would then pretty consistently end up hitting the right lane guide an inch or two above the flipper.

What I assume is happening on those rare SDTM ejects is that the ball rattles in the scoop just long enough to trigger the switch, but not settle into the circular opening before the coil fires. End result - some randomness to the path of the eject, and eventually (Again - ONLY WHEN YOU'RE KICKING ASS) - the numbers bite you in the ass. Basically - the pinball Gods are fickle and it's all just a part of the game.

#9538 2 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

That's a tough one. Maybe add a washer to one side of the bracket under the playfied to level it out. However, you may have to adjust the switch, since it barely reaches. I had to adjust mine on day one, because it wouldn't reach.

It's weird, but even just looking at it for a bit and convincing myself of WHY it's happening has made it way less annoying. (He says until the next time it happens at the wrong time.)

Thinking about it further though - most shots to the scoop aren't kicked back out immediately. You either need to choose a battle, wait for a mystery award, collect weapons, etc - giving the ball time to settle in before being kicked out. Whether it comes to rest in the circle or manages to cling to that corner - the ejects are really consistent for me. Mid right flipper, or a bit higher up onto the lane guide.

If I'm right about what causes it - it's really just a perfect storm for the SDTM kickout. Nothing else going on in the game so the ball is ejected fast + rattled shot that takes a moment too long to come to rest + coil plunger happens to hit it just right as it's settling in. Not a whole lot to be done other than being ready if you see the ball rattling a bit when it goes in the scoop. None of the scoop lights lit and it's a rattler? Be ready to shove.

#9558 2 years ago

Lil' DP multiball question....

Seeing some behavior that I don't remember seeing previously, though I could be dead wrong.

Start of the game - hit a few lil' deadpool targets to drop them. Once at least one is dropped, the large circular insert flashes it's bluishgreen color. Hitting the Lil' DP standup turns the light green. Hitting it a second time traps up the ball and Lil' DP MB starts.

Have had the following happen a few times though. Say you drop the left and center drop. Insert starts flashing. Ball then hits the Lil' DP target and turns it green, but the ball comes to rest behind the right drop that is still up. Also covering the opto.

I would swear the game would normally just cycle the drops at this time to eject the ball - like the first two times in this video.

But mine is now just starting Lil' DP MB without ever hitting the stand up a second time - the third time through on the video. Any game adjustments with regards to Lil' DP settings are stock - haven't touched any of them since setting the game up when it arrived.

Am I absolutely misremembering? Anyone care to test this out? I'm getting Lil' DP multiballs basically auto starting on me before I want them to and it's getting annoying.

#9560 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

I am pretty sure that is normal. Funny because yesterday I noticed mine was doing the same thing and I had the exact same question you did. Unless both our machines are doing it wrong

Comforting response since it points at it being normal, but that's annoying. The game clearly has the ability to clear it out of there without starting the MB.

Moral of the story I guess is if you care about taking LDMB into a battle - make sure you're dropping that right target.

#9613 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Question for those who reduced their power for the ball eject into the shooter lane, what setting did you pick?

Similar question: Assuming a more or less 7 degree angle - what sling and flipper power settings are people using?

#9636 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Shoot the lit shot man!

I decided a while back that trying to sum up a game's rules in a single card was fruitless. Went with this instead.

Untitled-1 (resized).jpgUntitled-1 (resized).jpg

#9671 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

In short, the pro is awesome; the premium is awesome’r. Pick your poison and enjoy.

This. They're both great. If you have the extra cash - go for it. If not - don't worry about it too much.

If you're looking NIB - finding a premium is going to be way harder to do. Not run again until late in the year I believe.

#9679 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Question regarding the disco multiball lights setting (dark, bright, etc.). Does that adjust the spotlights on the disco ball or the GI lights during the mode?

Just the GI. I went with whatever the lowest setting was at first, thinking COOL DISCO LIGHTS ONLY! Reached DMB at night with no other lights on in the room and it was nuts. Couldn't see a damn thing. Went with dim or whatever the lowest setting is other than off.

Same with the tilt bob as well though mine was basically touching when I installed the bob. Adjusted things as best I could without creating new screw holes, but then just had to bend the tilt ring a bit to make it something close to a uniform gap around the bob.

#9681 2 years ago

No. It was just pressing on the ring when I did install it. Which is what I assume Xelz meant as well.

Either the dangling part or the ring were bolted down a bit off at the factory.

#9683 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Mine came with the bob installed. Also came with this lovely woofer.
[quoted image]

I stand corrected. And mortified. Add in the cab damage and WTF. Did you actually unbox it with that delivery guy present? None of those things are normal at all.

#9695 2 years ago

Not sure why I'm repeatedly surprised when nearly every third party mod looks better than the official Stern stuff, but I still am.

Every option on that site looks 10x better than Sterns.

#9725 2 years ago

Another Amazon lighting gel orderer here. Barebones, just some painters tape and it worked as I had hoped. (May go back and double the green gel up to darken things.)

187972123_1331746907225955_2546143933603508622_n (resized).jpg187972123_1331746907225955_2546143933603508622_n (resized).jpg

188096572_2970233849925988_2608580706435927352_n (resized).jpg188096572_2970233849925988_2608580706435927352_n (resized).jpg

#9746 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Could anyone remind me how to start the jukebox?

Hold both flippers in attract mode.

Quoted from sepins:

I am full right now and had my DP Premium delivered. It's sitting between all my machines waiting to get opened.
I have never played the game and not sure I wanted to open it and then looked and saw it's rated #6 in top Pinside 100.
Is the game that good???

Been said, but at the very least Deadpool is an absolute slam dunk over Munsters.

1 week later
#9833 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

Full disclosure, I own a Pro but previous to buying the only experience I had on DP was on the Premium.
If money is not a concern and you can wait the extra month or so, go for the Premium. If you wanna save a few bucks and still have an awesome game you can't go wrong with the Pro. Both are great games, I don't think you can go wrong.
Biggest differences:
* Drop down ramp on Prem: This is the biggest game play difference. This ramp allows for the Disco Loops mode absent on the Pro. The safe return via the drop down ramp to your right flipper feels great
* D-E-A-D P-O-O-L targets: standup (Pro) vs drop (Prem). The stand ups play fast
* Disco Ball: No disco ball on the Pro but there are mods. Mods don't seem to do this justice though
* Figurines: flat plastics on the pro vs 3d molds on the Prem. Some Prem/LE owners seem to miss the DP in a hammock but you have those in the goodie bag, however it may interfere with the Disco ball.

Basically this. The pro is great. The premium is great+

If the extra wait and money don't bother you - go for it. I absolutely love looping the orbit shot on my premium and am glad I made the choice I did. (Though there was less of a difference in wait time to be honest.)

1 week later
#9929 2 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

damn this start button is killer in person. rocket city pinball did a amazing job on this. need one for elvira hoh and The Mandalorian premium

Is that the standard red or metallic?

1 week later
#10011 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

This post by Beatnik-Filmstar was my guide. Screws holding the LED boards will help secure most of the inserts along with some tape.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/195#post-6317734

I should have added in that post that I placed a tiny #8 or maybe #10 nylon washer between the lighting gel and the little LED board so that the led wasn't pressed right up against the gel. Don't think it would actually get hot enough to damage the gel or anything, but assume keeping it slightly separated would disperse the light a little better.

Side note regarding the metal rails causing damage with the clear - I should take some pics. Part of why I didn't play my machine for nearly 3 days after it arrived (Beyond going full middle aged and pulling something in my back) was that I disassembled every single rail on the machine and raised them up with nylon washers. Katana ramp, wolverine guide, left ramp, the rail along the back orbit.... all of them, at every post that goes into the playfield. Complete and total overkill, but I never have to worry about it again. Plus the process of taking things apart and putting them back together (I think) is good for you and gives you confidence on any future repairs.

1 week later
#10084 2 years ago

Minor maintenance day yesterday. Doubled up the green gels on T-Rex and Sauron to make them a darker shade, added a Comet trough light strip, waxed the playfield (HOLY HELL ITS FAST), replaced all the balls, etc.

Also finally installed a few additional lights. Had previously added a socket under the hellhouse scoop and installed a Comet fire bulb, but the stock red 8(?) led bulb was drowning out the effect. Installed two of Comets fire star posts lights as well and then removed the stock red bulb entirely. Everything is basically clipped into the wires for the stock light so that the three fire bulbs light up when the stock light would have.

Worked about as well as I could have hoped. Not exactly the blazing pits of Hell, but kinda cool.

#10121 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

I just installed them yesterday in a Stranger Things...dead simple and look fantastic.
Highly recommended!
http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Speaker-Light-Kits.html

Doug's products are great and he's super responsive/helpful with any questions you have. Can't recommend him enough.

#10143 2 years ago

Man, I thought waiting from Feb to May was hard.... I do not envy anyone waiting for the next build.

Of course now I'm in the waiting for Robert Stone to finish my powdercoating club, but I'm excited to be in that one.

#10161 2 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Jeez some of you guys are in here killin it with the awesome mods. Mine has been bone stock since 2018 and even still runs original firmware. I'm totally happy with it the way it sits and it very rarely gets played but these threads are definitely tempting me to do something to it. I planned on doing full Titans as soon as I got it and never even got that far lol

Did you just post this using Netscape on a Win98 machine?

#10180 2 years ago

I went nylon washers alone under all the rails and haven't seen any issues at all after 800+ plays. Rails still being held noticeably off the playfield, and the only issue hitting the katana ramp is constantly doing it on accident starting ninja multiball without a mode running.

#10201 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I played a pro this last weekend and fell in love with this pin. Got to the mech suite multiball and could not stop smiling the entire time. I really hope they keep making them for another year or so. I have EHOH and UKR coming so it will be a bit before I can pull the trigger on one.

There's not many things in life I'm more sure of than "I enjoy mechsuit multiball far more than the my neighbor in the next apartment over."

#10208 2 years ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

I have DP only few days now.
Love the game!
But i recognized that the pin seems very dark.
It is difficult to see the upper playfield part.
So I am on thinking about a pinstadium or would be Anti-reflective glass enough?
Pinstadium seems to be very expensive.

There’s a setting to reduce the backbox light while a game is being played if you’re not aware. May help with seeing the upper playfield a bit if you lower it. Definitely cuts down on the glare.

#10255 2 years ago

Can we just rename the thread "Deadpool - the pro is great, the premium is a little greater buy which one you can afford and have fun"?

#10259 2 years ago
Quoted from Purdue:

Any premium owners tried any different powder coat colors? These are the only 2 I've come across searching...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Haven't received the armor back from Robert yet but this is mine - will post pics when I can.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered/page/58#post-6428486

Posted about the decision before but didn't like the reds with the premium artwork and most of the blue ones I saw seemed a little overpowering to my eye. Went with a darker black base with a blue metallic flake. No idea how in the world it will look, but black goes with damn near everything so I think I'll be good.

#10302 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

I personally do not like the reflection of the Pinstadiums off of the Katana. The reflection is banded if you will and not smoothly dispersed to the eye. No doubt it will brighten up the game but as many said some spotlights will do the trick to brighten the middle of the playfield.

This is what Smack is talking about. Pic taken from Robert Stone's powdercoating thread - he can coat the katana to mitigate the issue.
96c48b6198ae68fc95c073ca72e484cb5f6d606b (resized).jpg96c48b6198ae68fc95c073ca72e484cb5f6d606b (resized).jpg

I just went with the Comet kit myself - prefer the sunlight over Stern's stock cool(?) white, eliminates the questionable red GI, and comes with a total of 4 spots. I added all four on the tops of the slings and the center of the playfield is great. Then added a trough lighting strip as well just for even more. Still paid considerably less than what a set of pinstadiums would have run.

#10308 2 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I may be in the minority but I actually like how the lights look reflecting off the katana blade.

I like it in a way, but think I'd dislike it more often if I had stadiums. Moot point though.

Quoted from Smack:

I will say that if you were looking to put this on location that the spotlights can sometimes pop out of the socket, and yes I've wrapped the bases with electrical tape to make them more snug.

Amen. Electrical tape or not - eventually those bastards will fly out. Been a few weeks since I've had it happen, but they sure as Hell have a knack for doing it at the wrong time. Have made a habit out of squeezing them into the sockets whenever I have the glass off.

1 week later
#10358 2 years ago

The more common solution seems to be adding some dead drop foam near the existing rubber:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/31#post-4768788

Or on the side of the channel:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/94#post-5308165

alternatively:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/94#post-5312516

and while I can't find the post that gave me the idea - I added a post from a Comet spotlight kit and threw a post sleeve over it. Haven't ever had a single ball fly off the katana and it doesn't really effect the speed of the loop at all.
IMG_8833 (resized).JPGIMG_8833 (resized).JPG

#10390 2 years ago

If I were buying a set I have to imagine it would be easy enough to just print your own custom stickers, either at home or at a Kinkos assuming the cashier person isn't going to give a rip about any copyright issues. Would maybe be nice to have the originals on hand with their stickers in place should you ever need or want to swap them back out.

#10430 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I have an LE.
What do I need to do in order to get the Disco ball to spin?
Note: Just got the game 3 days ago, so I'm still learning the rules.

Left orbits. There's a countdown display in the upper left (I think) that will tell you how many you need to qualify/start a disco mode. LE and Premium - first Disco mode will be "Disco Loops", second will be "Disco Multiball." They'll alternate afterwards, taking more and more spins to start each time.

#10431 2 years ago

Oh. So my wife and I just watched the last episode of a little HBO documentary about a small town TV station in Pahrump, NV. It's called "Small Town News: KPVM Pahrump" not the greatest thing ever, but entertaining enough to watch if anyone's interested in short documentary shows.

Anyway - final episode includes some footage of them creating an ad for a local attorney. Can't find that exact clip online, but the commercial itself is on Youtube. Sitting next to my wife as she sat there confused - "Where the Hell have I heard that before?!?" was rather funny.

#10433 2 years ago

Someone hit the TORT button!

1 week later
#10524 2 years ago
Quoted from wohldmad:

I believe I'm having snikkt issues. After playing a Pro at my local spot I hit their snikkt and it seemed easier to register than mine. Also it redirected the ball up the ramp on the left. My snikkt shot jumps off the target and the ball lands on the back rail leading to the katana lock. Should I adjust the target slightly?

Most definitely. It's supposed to get directed up the ramp. Search the thread or check the key posts - there's tons of pics of how it's supposed to look, etc.

#10531 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Way too much of any color is generally not great. That is too much blue to me.

Agreed, and why I went in another direction entirely. Posted before but this is what Robert Stone did for me:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/powder-coating-services-offered/page/58#post-6428486
Armor received and installed, but currently awaiting for the DBA plate to come back from Pinnovators. (They'll very graciously swap headphone kit components over to powdercoated parts free of charge.) Should finally have pics of another option for anyone considering colors.

Quoted from Haymaker:

I think all those colors look bad tbh and the purple pro looks horrendous. Just stick with the black IMO

The purple works way better that I would expect it to for what my dumb opinion is worth, but see above. I wanted a hint of blue due to the cabinet art, but basically went with a mostly black powder coat.

Shit would be a whole lot cheaper if premiums just came with powder coating like the Star Treks and AC/DCs did, damn it. Or if I wasn't such a fan of how it feels under my hands.

#10534 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

what about a black powdercoat with blue flake?

That's essentially what I've had done. The base is some sort of really dark blue I believe, but from most angles it looks entirely black. At the right angle or in brighter light - the blue flake becomes really obvious. Worked out pretty much as I had hoped.

Just got an email from pinnovators - DBA plate done and on the way back. I'll post some pics when it arrives and gets installed.

#10574 2 years ago

Got my armor back from Robert Stone a bit ago and mailed the DBA plate off to Pinnovators to get my headphone kit swapped over. The folks at Pinnovators are absolutely great and even if not theirs - I HIGHLY recommend a headphone kit. Playing games where you're hearing just the machine audio and not the coils firing all the time is a whole new experience.

If curious:
Headphone kit from Pinnovators.
Chrome leg bolts (I liked the look better than the powder coated ones.) from pinballplating.com.
Coin bezels from pinball life.
Speaker lights from Doug (also amazing to deal with) at speakerlightkits.com.
Blue T-molding from the appropriately named t-molding.com
Comet GI kit with some flipper and trough lights added.
Mirror blades from cointaker.
Prem->LE 5.25" speaker kit from Flipper Fidelity (Michael also a pleasure to deal with.)

Anyway - a premium done in a bit of a different way. Base coat seems to be a really dark blue, but looks black in most situations. With a blue flake that is a bit hard to catch in photos.
IMG_8944 (resized).JPGIMG_8944 (resized).JPG
IMG_8948 (resized).JPGIMG_8948 (resized).JPG
IMG_8941 (resized).JPGIMG_8941 (resized).JPG
IMG_8947 (resized).JPGIMG_8947 (resized).JPG
IMG_8945 (resized).JPGIMG_8945 (resized).JPG
IMG_8946 (resized).JPGIMG_8946 (resized).JPG

#10579 2 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Looks like mine will be similar but with more flake. Looks great!

I’m really liking the more subdued darker base that looks near black from certain angles while showing off the flake from others or in brighter light. You should be really pleased with the results. I know I am.

Side note - the first time I put a few games on mine after installing the armor my wife sarcastically asked “so that powder coating makes you play better, right?” 2-3 games later I set a new grand champ score with 2.4B and change. Frivolous cost instantly justified.

#10595 2 years ago
Quoted from ryandimx:

I've sent emails to the passion for pinball email a few times and never got an answer. Looking to get a full set.

Not sure what address you used but I’ve always got responses right away at [email protected]. Try that if you used something else.

1 week later
#10674 2 years ago
Quoted from UCFKnight71:

Deadpool peeps, I could use some gameplay tips! So, I am relatively new to pinball (used to play when I was a teen) and just started playing again on location this year along with virtual pinball. I'm definitely getting better with ball control now that I own a Deadpool Pro, and I can also aim some shots and even nudge a little. But, I still feel like my scores are pretty low.
My question is, what's a realistic consistent score goal early on? My high is only 165,000,000, but I seldom get close to it. I have really crappy runs at like 10,000,000, usually because I'm just practicing shots, but generally speaking I get around 30,000,000 to 65,000,000 consistently. I'm using factory settings and 3 balls. I feel like that range is pretty terrible, and I should be doing much better than that and also gradually breaking my high score. I practice every night and will have a few decent overall runs, or a few decent single ball runs, but lots of bad games mixed in between. Am I just terrible right now, or is that normal? I miss the left Dazzler spinner shot often, which is frustrating. What shots are safe that I should mostly aim for, and what shots are risky, and I should try sparingly? Deadpool seems like a high scoring game, but I'm definitely not there yet.
Still loving the machine though!

On a very basic level, I'd say to work on taking team ups into your battles. Wolverine shot up the middle is amonst the easiest shots on the game and adds the double damage team up that will help you complete modes way easier.

But in the long run?

Quoted from maffewl:

The secret to high scores is the Snikt shot. I definitely am not one of the highest scorers in this thread, but that shot and the multipliers it provides is game changing.

This. 110%. You can have a good game where you progress through a ton of battles and reach some of the wizard modes and still be well below a billion. Or you can have a good run of Snikt shots and put up absolutely huge numbers without actually progressing far into the game. Snikt! all day every day for big scores.

#10698 2 years ago
Quoted from EternitytoM83:

Hahahaha WHAT?! Are you running custom code with the songs replaced or something?
(Not sure why you'd ever do that, the stock music is fantastic.)

What cracks me up is that nearly 5 months and well over 1000 games into owning it, I still somehow hear the occasional new callout. (Though it's been a while.)

But yeah. Mystery apparently solved already, but this was a giant WTF post. "Man, I gotta pay attention to that Boom rap more."

3 weeks later
#10876 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Don't do that.

Seriously.

If you mean "loosen the two bolts that hold each of the two front legs on" - no. Don't do that.

Gets some furniture sliders or similar if you want to be able to nudge more / slide the machine around while playing. The legs should be attached tight.

1 week later
#11000 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Thinking of buying a NIB / Dec build Pro. Any idea if they have taken care of the Snikt misaligned target and the Katana ramp digging into the playfield issue?

For the last run - "No" and "Sorta"

I have an April 2021 build premium. The Snikt target still came without an anti-sway bracket out of the box, but it's a $5 part from PBL. The leading edge of the Katana ramp guild came with a notch out of the leading edge. Whether that's enough to prevent any damage is beyond me. I still installed the cliffy and used washers all over the place to raise every rail off the playfield.

3 weeks later
#11173 2 years ago

Either it's been there all along and I haven't noticed at all, it's a weird glitch, or it's actually new (Though I didn't see anything about it in the readme)

But - at the end of a ball a few times holding in both flippers has seemed to skip the bonus animation entirely and immediately kick a new ball into the lane. Not just skip the long bonus count - I know that's been a thing forever, but it's literally skipping the entire sequence.

1 week later
#11292 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Just to be clear, you do not get achievements without the 200$ kit, so there is no reason to install the latest software update?

Latest update also fixes the "Lil' Deadpool Frenzy" highscore bug.

#11295 2 years ago
Quoted from northerndude:

Yup, it's great. I finally tossed up a nice frenzy number

I absolutely have not. After playing it for so long with the software error - I have no idea what a decent frenzy score is going to be.

Sigh. Last night I started Bounce, immediately started a multiball, hit a Snickt to go 2x and just ate absolute shit.

#11298 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

* Extra Ball set to 30 weapons. This was suppose to by dynamic but once mine got down to 10 weapons it never went back up on 1.04/.05. I haven't played with the menu but it has held at 30 since I've installed and put a ton of games on it.

I have no idea what they've done to the EB levels, but it sure seems wrong. Seems that it used to be 20(?) by default I think. I had it on dynamic and it was run up to 65 on my machine where it stayed since I would get there often enough for it to not fall back down. Never did get above that either so I assume 65 was the cap

I haven't bothered going into any settings since the update, but it definitely dropped it back down to 30 or something and while I admittedly haven't been playing much the last couple weeks - I haven't noticed it climbing at all. Kinda lame if they turned the dynamic level off since there's nothing about it in the read me.

Quoted from Smack:

Question for those on 1.06. In Ninja Multiball, have you heard Deadpool sing "suuuuperrrr Jackpoooooootttttt!!"? I have not heard this callout since I upgraded and I miss it. Hopefully just random "luck" of me not hearing it.

Definitely still in there. Heard it last night while playing.

#11328 2 years ago

Has anyone that has the extra ball level at the stock "auto" had it actually climb past 30? I've played a few dozen games since the update and at 30, it's essentially a four ball game. Yet despite getting the extra nearly every game that I play out - it hasn't climbed at all.

Posted about it before, but I previously had it raised up to 65 via the dynamic/auto setting and it was just about a perfect sweet spot for me. Have a bad game that you don't really want to drag on - great. No EB. Having a good game? Cool - here's your reward that you actually earned.

*I know I can just manually set the EB lever to whatever the heck I want, but I like the idea of it fluctuating with quality of play.

**It's dawned on me as I'm typing this up that I've been cranky while playing lately and been restarting games a fair amount. I assume that might be preventing the auto feature to do it's job.

#11330 2 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

I also put some "zoom spout" lube by supco on my spinners, and it feels DIRTY how often I can get disco MB during a game now.
I think I might be cheating.
[quoted image]

Spinners were meant for rippin'. Go nuts.

I used some super lube on mine, but then backed off a bit. Have it to where it takes roughly three solid rips to get to the first disco loops and then three more for disco MB.

#11369 2 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

I don't get the whole chimi thing on this game? How did I start it and what is it for?

Repeated right orbit shots light chimis. Collecting them lights the two quests at the scoop.

1 week later
#11425 2 years ago

Not the clearest OP ever, but for those waiting on new DPs.... might want to check with your distros.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-cancelled-and-no-eta-in-sight-#post-6677906

#11427 2 years ago
Quoted from Smack:

I don't feel this is new info. We've been hearing in this thread for the last little while that machines originally planned for late 2021 are being pushed to summer 22.
Seems like the OPs distro/dealer was late to get the memo.

Yeah - after posting it I realized it was the same news form a few weeks back. Another brick in the wall of me feeling really good about buying last Spring. Man. Can't believe I thought waiting from Feb to May was rough.

3 weeks later
#11557 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

So are any of you guys really into the Deadpool comic and can talk about how accurate the game is? Or maybe where they took some "license" for lack of a better term?

No idea if this kind of thing matters to you, but Stern did get Brian Posehn to work on the machine - I assume writing call outs and such. Whether things stick to established comics canon or not - no idea at all. But the vibe for the humor should be in line with Brian's work in the comics.

4 weeks later
#12060 2 years ago

Similarly....
af0295f9e6171012a1ab489153af3696e1dab45a (resized).jpgaf0295f9e6171012a1ab489153af3696e1dab45a (resized).jpg

Haven't had a ball jump the sword since.

#12112 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

But why? I'm all for modding, but Deadpool is one of the few games that the audio package is great straight from the factory!

I like it the way it is, but the sound mod did cause this, so it was worth it for the confusion alone.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/214#post-6528189

Quoted from Brainiac:

Our family loves DP.
I changed to family friendly setting, but the "adult" songs still play. One day, my kids are going to ask why do you "punch a baby bear in his dick?"
I don't those songs wouldn't play on family friendly setting.
Thoughts?

1 week later
#12231 2 years ago

FD1E5EED-6B43-4A9F-B7DA-8BC3DDC14E29 (resized).jpegFD1E5EED-6B43-4A9F-B7DA-8BC3DDC14E29 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#12545 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

I still haven't cracked the final Wizard Mode. I have been through Megakrak a lot, Clone like twice but never the 2 together in the same game.
Speaking of which, my machine must have been listening to me nit pick my air balls yesterday cause right after that I put up a new GC! Sadly no where close to the 7bil above but hit 2.2 billion. So fun when you get it rolling and everything starts coming together.

Basically the same here. Megakrakaladonus more times that I can remember. Recently started just skipping quests to focus on battles and have gotten to Clone a few times though I find it harder for sure. Still no perfect storm game combining the two.

Unlike the post I'm quoting, I don't think I've put initials in for any single high score table in the game in a couple months. Really been playing like shit I guess.

#12551 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

Hah, it is a treat for me when I do get a high score these days. Very few and far between. I still need to go for Lil Deadpool Bounce.

If you're like me, you'll crush it the first time you do it and then get taunted by your initials thereafter.

#12559 1 year ago
Quoted from glpinball:

I installed insider connect today and it had the option for either side of the apron. Later Cable! You are the weakest link!
Played 2 games and I really like the achievements. Also scored my best game ever so it must be lucky!
[quoted image]

I see the drunk toddler that assembled my mirror ball made yours too.

2 weeks later
#12810 1 year ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Translite from Premium edition

It’s similar but different from the stock premium translite. Stock has the big chimi-gina.

Edit: refresh before posting.

#12813 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah mate give me a few hours once the kids are in bed.

There's numerous posts and pics of how to do it in the thread already.

#12819 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

And? Takes me seconds to snap a pic and send it to the guy to help him out.

Was pointing it out since they could see them sooner and not have to wait if they used the search feature? (Thought I had quoted them and not you, actually.)
Also, as Smack mentions - if someone really wants to be careful there's more places to add the washers than just the Katana rail.

1 week later
#13019 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Some dumb questions on rules/scoring...
- Is Lil DP Multiball just to bash the bobblehead standup over and over? Are there any other objectives?

I believe the default is five hits to the Lil' Deadpool.
This lights the main shots for jackpots. Collect (I think) five of these.
Then hit Lil' Deadpool again - this will trap a ball and start a timer.
While the timer is counting down, rip spinners for some really satisfying points.
Swear as you suddenly can't hit the spinners.
Timer ends - Lil' Deadpool releases the trapped ball. Start over.

Also this. It's more or less the best breakdown of the rules I've ever found.

#13022 1 year ago

Also, as people have said - stacking Lil DP multiball with the juggernaut battle is wise. Two balls and a ball save make hitting the initial side targets/drops for Juggernaut safer, and once you've done that and hit lil' DP enough - the main shots are then lit for both at the same time. Finish Juggernaut off while progressing the to the trap up a ball stage of the Lil DP multiball.

#13052 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Looks very dusty!
Rob

He rotated it at some point a while back, but yeah.
It's frequently in the background of the videos he posts for upcoming comedy shows. Gets called out in the FB comments now and then.

I have it in my head that he's mentioned owning an ACDC as well. Maybe it was in his biography? My mind could be completely playing tricks on me there.

1 week later
#13156 1 year ago
Quoted from revoke:

Guess a bit of clarification: he was trying to rack up snikt shots, he'd hit the wolverine loop instead and expect the ball to come off orbit, dead bounce to the right and he'd post pass it back to left to to try again (hit snikt from left flipper.) He was avoiding the katana/orbit bonuses altogether, said off a default launch into the orbit it should just line up with the flipper. <shrug>

That's actually a pretty nice feed you're getting to the right inlane off the dead bounce.

To answer the original question though - I've never gotten a consistent clean dead bounce to the right flipper in that situation. Given the same goal - back up the middle to add Wolverine or to try for a Snikt multiplier, I usually just try to live catch out of the left orbit. Mixed results, of course, but a lot of failed catches end up on the right flipper anyway so at least it's safe.

2 weeks later
#13375 1 year ago
Quoted from SirMachismo:

Sweet I have a few rosco gel swatch books from my grip & gaffer days and was planning on doing just this. Thanks for the proof of concept and leading the way. Now I have to measure how big to cut the lexan.

A couple pics of a lexan free install if you're not interested in going above and beyond like Awesome1 or buying Pinmonk's.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/195#post-6317734

Honestly pretty simple to do. Roughly 1 inch square, tape in place and screw the LED board back in. Can't honestly remember, but I might have added a small spacer or washer in order to keep the LED board from pressing right against the gel.

1 week later
#13502 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Do you have a picture of your star posts? Just curious if swapping to a star post so we could light it up would change the geometry of the slings?

Just saw this - I'll try to remember to get a picture for you.

Quoted from adam12hicks:

For those who have powdercoated - I haven't done a lock bar with the rivets before. I see Pinball life has new lock bars for $99 which I might grab and have done vs. drilling out the old one, but for as many tools as I own and have used, I've never used a rivet gun. Is the process of re-applying the Boom plate pretty simple? Thanks!

I didn't quite like the look of using screws, so followed this technique to reuse the rivets. Worked pretty well though there is a tiny bit of play with the plastic.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/show-off-your-powder-coated-machines-here/page/34#post-6433715

Quoted from WeirPinball:

Also have this one I can use with a hammer to curl the end in difficult spots
[quoted image]

Probably an even easier way right here.

1 week later
#13557 1 year ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

I see only Wolverine and the the Disco lady on the left as a figurine. I had to install the Deadpool plastic on a Hammock on the left ramp, Collossus plastic in the back center and some lady by the Kitana blade on the right. I think this is normal correct?

I didn't bother installing any of the plastics in mine, but the right way to set it up is "how you feel like doing it."

That being said - you should make sure the hammock plastic isn't blocking the spot that's attached to the Dazzler figure from shining on the disco ball.

2 weeks later
#13683 1 year ago
Quoted from jasonbar:

The manual doesn't list the rubbers that are behind the D-E-A-D & P-O-O-L targets.
Does anybody know what they are?
Thanks!
-Jason
[quoted image]

Not 1000% positive, but I looked at my order with Titan from when I did my Deadpool and I have two 3.5" rings in the order that I'm pretty sure were for those.

Vaguely remember them being larger than any listed in the manual, so if that's the case I'm pretty sure 3.5" is what you want.

2 weeks later
#13832 1 year ago
Quoted from splickety_lit:

One of the default adjustments is an "adaptive" approach to the number of weapons required to qualify an extra ball. The better/worse you play the higher/lower the requirement. I've seen it go as low as 10.

This came up before, but I'd swear the dynamic EB setting broke with the 1.06 code update. For a long time it worked fine. My game settled in on 65 weapons which worked well for me. After that update - the EB level sat at 25 or something and never moved up no matter how many games in a row I'd collect it. Eventually I just manually set it to 65 myself.

Guess I haven't tried the setting again since 1.07. Perhaps they've fixed it?

3 weeks later
#13984 1 year ago
Quoted from Jobuko:

Okay, I am close. 1.9B GC, two...maybe three shots away from the final Wizard Mode. I have this machine dialed in and understand nudge and nuance for almost every shot and brick. But for the love of all that is holy, at least one ball per game comes out of that scoop so oddly that no matter how I nudge, slap, scream, cry, or beg....it drains. What gives!?!? Is it a bad ball in the batch, maybe? Does anyone have a foolproof method of controlling the ball out of the scoop? Thank you, in advance, for any and all advice.

I used to get the occasional SDTM out of the scoop and think I found what was happening.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/191#post-6295271
No real idea if it's the culprit, but place the ball in that corner a few times and see how random the eject gets.

I kinda just instinctively give a small nudge when I hit the scoop now to help ensure that the ball is settling in on the circular part of the scoop. Hasn't really been an issue since.

2 weeks later
#14090 1 year ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Joining the club soon! The discoball looks fragile, can I order it separately? who knows the part number?

It's not fragile so much as "Assembled by a bored person on a couple bottles of Tussin."

If you're inclined you can get replacements of sorts at most hobby stores.

#14093 1 year ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Yea, but looking for stern part number

Go nuts.

If you want the whole assembly - roughly $90 if in stock
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/511-7904-00

If you want the disco ball alone?
https://www.amazon.com/Decoration-Hanging-Ornament-Christmas-Decorations/dp/B07ST1RKBD/

2 months later
#14365 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy_Pins:

I believe Titan calls it stern slim tapered.

That's what I go with though I have no idea if the originals are tapered or not. They get chewed up a lot - I assume some of the most direct hits in the game.

#14380 1 year ago

Nthing the "502 is nuts" sentiment. Sheesh. I think I've topped out around 190 and I feel like I'm a decent player. Regardless of settings - I'm not touching 500 for sure.

3 weeks later
#14462 1 year ago

There are times you can have disco MB qualified where it won't start. I believe if Sauron MB is ready at the scoop. Possibly Mechsuit as well.

3 months later
#14727 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

• Snikt (shoot snikt target so it goes up the ramp and register snikt)

I believe this last one requires the right orbit before the snikt! shot as well. I don't think just plunging straight into a snikt! shot does it. Sure as Hell could be wrong though. Hell - I've never even done it on purpose. The handful of times I've pulled it off were after missed tries for the 3rd shot listed. Plunge - Orbit - Katana shot bricks perfectly and ball ends up on left flipper - Snikt! in time to still register.

#14730 1 year ago
Quoted from Smack:

You don't need to hit the right orbit for the Super Secret Skill Shot, I can definitely confirm that. There are 2 ways I can suggest to accomplish this from my own experience:
* Luck - I've had the ball catch some crazy spin on the plunge, so my attempt at a Super Skill Shot through the Katana took an odd trajectory and went right off of the Snikt. Total fluke but it has happened to me a few times.
* Trap up - if you can control the ball coming out of the left orbit you have a little bit of time here to hit the Snikt. Not a lot but if you can get it under control and over to the left flipper quickly without hitting other stuff, you should have a shot at collecting this if you hit the Snikt.
To be honest though, if you are attempting the MKV skillshot (right orbit + katana) you might just hit the Super Secret by accident.

Cool and interesting. I've definitely only ever done it on accident, and that was after right orbit hits to start. Just assumed it was a part of the combo. Kinda interesting that the right orbit shot doesn't mess it up. I suppose the qualifier is just "Hit Snikt! within X seconds" kind of thing.

Side note, but after a rough ass day at work on Friday I came home and this happened.
336946965_894210698335437_996190114914585448_n (resized).jpg336946965_894210698335437_996190114914585448_n (resized).jpg
Only my second time beating it, and about 900M higher than my previous.
Then 2 hours later I rolled Genie out of nowhere nearly doubling my prior high. It was a Good Pinball Day (tm).

1 month later
#14802 12 months ago

Looks like a katana lock cliffy that someone really tightened down way more than was needed. How the Hell that ever got loose is beyond me.

2 months later
#14998 9 months ago

Pinmonk or do a thread search on the word "gel" - lots of budget solutions if you want.

#15015 8 months ago
Quoted from theun4gven:

I solved this problem by never being able to hit the Snikt shot

My 5X light may as well be disconnected. Who'd know?

2 months later
#15295 6 months ago

I don't know the term to search for, but there's half a dozen posts about it. It's a part of the left ramp.

Look through the image gallery for other pics of that part. There's posts about it.

4 months later
#16096 50 days ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

What does this piece actually do?

I have no idea, but I swear that bastard falls off frequently enough that when I read this:

Quoted from tedwasright:

Hey everyone. These two pieces dropped today and I don't know where they go.

I knew what it was and where it went before I even scrolled down to the pictures.

1 month later
#16227 18 days ago

For shit's sake. Punkin's powder coating looks perfectly fine and his mural kicks ass and there's nobody in this thread I'd rather have a damn beer and play pinball with if I ever somehow ended up in wherever the Hell Woolgoolga, Australia is. Despite google maps showing me, I still half think that it's a made up word.

God damn greatest post in 325 pages:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/285#post-7210027

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
HurryUpPinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rochester, NH
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Beatnik-Filmstar.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all?tu=Beatnik-Filmstar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.