(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,265 posts
  • 1,090 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by BurntBiscuit
  • Topic is favorited by 555 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg
dp27 (resized).jpg
dp16 (resized).jpg
IMG_2260 (resized).jpg
IMG_2259 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 326.
#401 5 years ago

SNIKT!

7520B731-5026-44D6-8807-57185A1F1D2E (resized).jpeg7520B731-5026-44D6-8807-57185A1F1D2E (resized).jpeg9A4AF00A-48DD-4FFC-AF7C-8C6AF3427D5A (resized).jpeg9A4AF00A-48DD-4FFC-AF7C-8C6AF3427D5A (resized).jpeg9D317F06-E4FA-4E83-A4FF-5AAC08582260 (resized).png9D317F06-E4FA-4E83-A4FF-5AAC08582260 (resized).pngAF9860BE-01CA-4AB4-9E54-371A68A4B1C1 (resized).jpegAF9860BE-01CA-4AB4-9E54-371A68A4B1C1 (resized).jpegDED36A0A-3BA1-41E5-8C2D-BA25C59AF63F (resized).jpegDED36A0A-3BA1-41E5-8C2D-BA25C59AF63F (resized).jpegEB3236CB-8BA4-4281-B3E8-D9A0CD722AAF (resized).jpegEB3236CB-8BA4-4281-B3E8-D9A0CD722AAF (resized).jpegF5CC3FCB-34F3-49D2-A327-3FF194F95872 (resized).jpegF5CC3FCB-34F3-49D2-A327-3FF194F95872 (resized).jpegF7DEA008-202F-437D-8D8B-1A214387CEC4 (resized).jpegF7DEA008-202F-437D-8D8B-1A214387CEC4 (resized).jpeg
#402 5 years ago

Just a heads up, there are a few reports of games resetting while cycling through the instant info in the new code. It sounds like it happens when you cycle the info and get to High Score #3. No fix yet, but something to note for those of you planning/attending launch parties.

#403 5 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

It’s the ricochet shot that increases your playfield multiplier. You have to bank off the Wolverine target that’s to the right of his spinner, and make it up the ramp.

Wait, to get the playfield multiplier you have to bank it off that target AND have it travel up the ramp? Or do you just have to hit the target?

#404 5 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

Wait, to get the playfield multiplier you have to bank it off that target AND have it travel up the ramp? Or do you just have to hit the target?

It has to go up the ramp.

#405 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericc123:

It has to go up the ramp.

Wow that's awesome. That's like making the Gem shot banked off the Tron target but even harder. I love it!

#406 5 years ago
Quoted from 320Gigabytes:

Wow that's awesome. That's like making the Gem shot banked off the Tron target but even harder. I love it!

When I was considering buying this machine I was really worried about that shot and the "regular way" to hit the katana ramp. My son (10 yo) and I played a bunch of games at my local comic book store and he was able to hit both shots just flailing away. That sealed it for me - the shots are hard, but not impossible and very satisfying when you hit them.

#407 5 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

When I was considering buying this machine I was really worried about that shot and the "regular way" to hit the katana ramp. My son (10 yo) and I played a bunch of games at my local comic book store and he was able to hit both shots just flailing away. That sealed it for me - the shots are hard, but not impossible and very satisfying when you hit them.

I agree. I played locally, probably 30 games. Decent ball times, hit the hard shots a lot. It should be a hard shot. It is, but also not a gimme. Just like many LOTR shots. good game.

#408 5 years ago

LE arrived and is set up. Only had time to play 2 games. Got lil Deadpool multiball. 80M.

#409 5 years ago

I'm introducing a new line of powder coated metal toppers, including Deadpool, which can be found in my Pinside shop or through Mezelmods. $125 plus shipping. Add an RGB lighting topper kit from Mezelmods for added effect (GOTG pictured as an example). I think the topper kits are around $35.
Deadpool Silhouette Topper (resized).jpgDeadpool Silhouette Topper (resized).jpgGOTG Silhouette Topper RGB Example (resized).jpgGOTG Silhouette Topper RGB Example (resized).jpg

#410 5 years ago
Quoted from andrewket:

LE arrived and is set up. Only had time to play 2 games. Got lil Deadpool multiball. 80M.

By chance could you share what the height is of the marvel figures on the LE?

#411 5 years ago

Any one have a rules sheet made out yet? Trying to figure everything out. There are times when literally nothing is lit in between battles so I'm not really sure what to do.

Got my LE last night and other then the katana shot needing some adjusting I love it. I'm going to try some different levels tonight to see if that helps the katana shot. From reading it looks like 7 degrees is recommended. I'll start there and try some bending if it's still not completing better.

#412 5 years ago

Shoot the Deadpool targets to light the battles and katana locks.

For tuning, still trying to figure out where other people’s hellhouse kickouts land (mine hits the plastic ball guide just behind the flipper), as well as returns from the left orbit (mine seem to hit the left sling unless I nudge the machine).

#413 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Any one have a rules sheet made out yet? Trying to figure everything out. There are times when literally nothing is lit in between battles so I'm not really sure what to do.
Got my LE last night and other then the katana shot needing some adjusting I love it. I'm going to try some different levels tonight to see if that helps the katana shot. From reading it looks like 7 degrees is recommended. I'll start there and try some bending if it's still not completing better.

Re watch the deadflip stream, it starts with a pretty good rules explanation.

#414 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Any one have a rules sheet made out yet? Trying to figure everything out.

Here’s a pretty good layout of the rules-

http://tiltforums.com/t/deadpool-rulesheet/4311

#415 5 years ago

Unboxed #39 today

1E6120F2-86DB-48E9-A2B0-6AEC88A37DBC (resized).jpeg1E6120F2-86DB-48E9-A2B0-6AEC88A37DBC (resized).jpeg
#416 5 years ago

would you change iron man vault vs deadpool pro?

#417 5 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Unboxed #39 today
[quoted image]

Lucky man, mine arrives tomorrow at 10 am. Going to be a short work day.....

#418 5 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Unboxed #39 today
[quoted image]

Awesome! My LE is being delivered Friday. Is there anything I should be aware of in terms of unpacking setup that was an issue or unusual?

#419 5 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Unboxed #39 today
[quoted image]

Congrats on the game. Poor kid was pushed aside so the big kids could play.

#420 5 years ago

Why do you think that? Look at the display there are 3 players on the display. It's just the big kids turn.
Congrats on your game!

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Congrats on the game. Poor kid was pushed aside so the big kids could play.

#421 5 years ago

My LE arriving this weekend!

#422 5 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Unboxed #39 today
[quoted image]

A couple days more for mine... how complete does the game feel?

#423 5 years ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

Awesome! My LE is being delivered Friday. Is there anything I should be aware of in terms of unpacking setup that was an issue or unusual?

They now include washers on the leg bolts which I think is a nice way to protect the powder coat. This is the first game I've had with HD glass. At one point I forgot the glass was there and tried to reach in and remove the plastic bag from little Deadpool.

Quoted from mannymasy:

would you change iron man vault vs deadpool pro?

My personal choice was to keep IM VE and get DP LE. At this point if I had to choose between the two, I'd take DP but I've had IM VE for almost 2 years.

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Why do you think that? Look at the display there are 3 players on the display. It's just the big kids turn.
Congrats on your game!

We started the game before he got home from school and this was pretty much the moment he walked in.

Quoted from Zukram:

Only a few games so far but loving it. The code feels great out of the box to me, but I also had GotG and BM66 since the release code so my expectations were low.

#424 5 years ago

I could keep iron man and sell x men ... but I would have to contribute more money for deadpool, besides as I only have 3 games I think xmen is more durable and the other is twd pro that I do not plan to take it out

#425 5 years ago

Finally got to Sinister and the game rebooted. So much for putting up initials on my first billion+ game. Keep killing it Stern

#426 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

This is something that confuses me too. Code is ver .86, and having read the rules three times and watched a number of videos, it appears everything is in the game that is mentioned in the rules. That is my definition of functionally complete.

Nobody would be satisfied with barely completed code and at this point the game is between 85-95% done. The remaining portion is earned as bugs are squashed, scoring is fixed and rules are refined - aka polishing. Once this is done, the game is finished and there is NO NEED to touch it again.

1) So is Deadpool code functionally complete or what?

Part of reason for wanting to know, is because I hear some say a lot of work is required before the game is fun or that it needs some depth. The irony is that the game is exactly what it was scripted to be. There won’t be more than 3 villains + 1 mini mode, nor more than two adventures. There won’t be more than 3 multiballs with 3 types of super jackpots. There won’t be more than four team ups nor will there be more than one wizard mode. The game won’t go above a 5x multiplier nor will it add more weapons to collect.

It looks fun to me and as far as depth goes, it offers more than BSD, IM or TNA, and those are often celebrated. But it is not the complexity of the game that is important.

2) Is it fun to shoot and bring you back for one more game.

3) Are adjustments to right ramp needed/possible to fix?

#427 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Congrats on your game!

... well who’s taking the pic a big kid or little one

#428 5 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

Finally got to Sinister and the game rebooted. So much for putting up initials on my first billion+ game. Keep killing it Stern

Don’t trap up too long and cycle through instant info either. Haha

#429 5 years ago

Even though both wizard modes are coded I think they are basically place holders as I heard they have little to no rules. Like one shot hit and it’s done kind of thing. Could be wrong. But that’s typical for even the new games that come out almost complete. (GOT, Maiden, etc)

#430 5 years ago

Our LE is on it's way and will be on FREE PLAY October 19-21 at Pinball Madness (pinballmadness.com) - shameless plug but TRUE !
I'm very excited to play it after playing my PRO for weeks.

First thoughts on the the LE for those who have played both the LE and the PRO ?

btw, we have the largest and most complete collection of Stern LE's in the world.

#431 5 years ago

Man all you guys getting your LE's already. I would have hoped I'd see mine in October given I ordered one straight off the bat, but we supposedly won't see any land till November here ..

#432 5 years ago
Quoted from Our_Man_in_Oz:

Man all you guys getting your LE's already. I would have hoped I'd see mine in October given I ordered one straight off the bat, but we supposedly won't see any land till November here ..

Same boat as you, but at least the code will be more advanced by the time we get ours

#433 5 years ago

Part of reason for wanting to know, is because I hear some say a lot of work is required before the game is fun or that it needs some depth. The irony is that the game is exactly what it was scripted to be. There won’t be more than 3 villains + 1 mini mode, nor more than two adventures. There won’t be more than 3 multiballs with 3 types of super jackpots. There won’t be more than four team ups nor will there be more than one wizard mode. The game won’t go above a 5x multiplier nor will it add more weapons to collect.
It looks fun to me and as far as depth goes, it offers more than BSD, IM or TNA, and those are often celebrated. But it is not the complexity of the game that is important.

I think the “depth” discussion is amplified due to the comparisons with what just came out prior - Iron Maiden. I do end up putting just “one more game” on DP way more than IMDN, even though I am a fan of more complex rule sets (TSPP woot)

2) Is it fun to shoot and bring you back for one more game.

sho ‘nuff. reminds me of Tron in that regard. likely to stay for awhile simply because of the tournament/competition play aspect.

#434 5 years ago

It is pretty exciting that LE’s are being run now, near the beginning of the run. That creates a special feeling. Im looking forward to playing a LE this weekend.

#435 5 years ago

Hey guys! Quick question. Is it worth updating to .84 yet? I heard that some people were having their game restart right in the middle of a ball with the .84 code. Should I go ahead with the update or just wait for the supposed bug to be resolved?

#436 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

Hey guys! Quick question. Is it worth updating to .84 yet? I heard that some people were having their game restart right in the middle of a ball with the .84 code. Should I go ahead with the update or just wait for the supposed bug to be resolved?

Just don’t go into instant info and you should be good. Haha

#437 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

Since updating to .84 I have had one reset, which only happened with a ball trapped and flipping through the instant info. So if you avoid that then they did update a few things with lildeadpool and the 4th wall animations that are fun.

But overall they didn’t change enough to the code to make it a need to update if ya don’t want to till the next drop.

#438 5 years ago

Deadpool In the House! Loving the game it is truly a piece of art. Basic leveling and all shots are smooth and satisfying. Will say I am rarely impressed with pinball sound clarity but the upgraded speaker set they used on this really does make a difference. Thanks again to Flippen Out Larry for a fast and smooth buying experience as always. BOOM

89822034-98C2-4421-86D6-243C35029719 (resized).jpeg89822034-98C2-4421-86D6-243C35029719 (resized).jpeg
#439 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Basic leveling and all shots are smooth and satisfying.

I've been watching a lot of video on this game waiting until I can play it myself. I see a lot of variation in the katana shot consistency. For instance, in the initial Stern unveiling video, that shot hit like it was greased. In the Premium unveiling, it hit like it was blocked! In the side-by-side on Twitch (DeadFlip), it hit very consistently with some rattlers that looked to me like they deserved to be rattlers. The PapaLive play was inconsistent on it. Pinside owners and other reviews also state mixed experiences. Some say it's perfect; others say it's shit.

Do you think that this is an assembly issue and will vary by machine (luck of the draw), or do you think that this is a setup issue and can be dialed in on every machine if you take the time? By that I mean with pitch and level, not mechanical adjustment.

Also, is the SNIKT shot hittable on purpose? From a cradle, I don't think there's enough oomph, and on the fly is a narrow window.

#440 5 years ago

The snikt shot is very Makeable from the left flipper.
When I’m trying To hit it I get 1 out of every 10 try’s.
The misses aren’t because the shot doesn’t work but mainly because I’m not very good with my shot placement. When I miss it normally goes around the Wolverine loop (building towards team up), which is great anyway, and feeds back to the left flipper to try again.

Funny that I can backhand the left ramp from the left flipper way easier then hitting it from what looks like an easy shot from the right flipper.

#441 5 years ago

FYI: Stern just released .85 code that addresses the Instant info bug and adds in attract mode function to show last game scores.

http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-deadpool-pro

#442 5 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

FYI: Stern just released .85 code that addresses the Instant info bug and adds in attract mode function to show last game scores.
http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-deadpool-pro

Seems worth it to install just to prevent instant info lockup. Does that leave another bug causing resets or is it fixed in this?

#443 5 years ago

Has anyone received a Premium yet? Keen to see some photos. I'm especially interested in the katana blade side rails that were briefly showed-off during the Dead Flip reveal.

#444 5 years ago

It is pretty exciting that LE’s are being run now, near the beginning of the run. That creates a special feeling. Im looking forward to playing a LE this weekend.

And you shall... as long as the freight truck driver does his part unlike some others before him/her. It should be up and functional and ready for your George W’s by Sat noon. Picking up from terminal tomorrow afternoon, installing late tmrw or early Sat.

ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE THAT LE’s MCDONALDS-INSPIRED COLOR EXPLOSION IN PERSON!

#445 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

And you shall... as long as the freight truck driver does his part unlike some others before him/her. It should be up and functional and ready for your George W’s by Sat noon. Picking up from terminal tomorrow afternoon, installing late tmrw or early Sat.
ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE THAT LE’s MCDONALDS-INSPIRED COLOR EXPLOSION IN PERSON!

I’ll be packing.
3C04780A-A2B5-4AC3-BE5F-C0766AC619F0.gif3C04780A-A2B5-4AC3-BE5F-C0766AC619F0.gif

CC539F57-C01B-4F08-9C81-B4D87838369E.gifCC539F57-C01B-4F08-9C81-B4D87838369E.gif

84306FC1-32DA-4541-A303-07E32482A4C7.gif84306FC1-32DA-4541-A303-07E32482A4C7.gif

#446 5 years ago

can’t wait

8EA43230-E8BA-4537-A747-33190EFB4D98.gif8EA43230-E8BA-4537-A747-33190EFB4D98.gifC4D6B432-C3D1-400C-8E2F-A97E6FB90D40.gifC4D6B432-C3D1-400C-8E2F-A97E6FB90D40.gifCCD779C2-F39E-4B01-9EC7-1454152C4B47.gifCCD779C2-F39E-4B01-9EC7-1454152C4B47.gif

#447 5 years ago

Seems worth it to install just to prevent instant info lockup. Does that leave another bug causing resets or is it fixed in this?

Good question jeffspinballpalace

#448 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I've been watching a lot of video on this game waiting until I can play it myself. I see a lot of variation in the katana shot consistency. For instance, in the initial Stern unveiling video, that shot hit like it was greased. In the Premium unveiling, it hit like it was blocked! In the side-by-side on Twitch (DeadFlip), it hit very consistently with some rattlers that looked to me like they deserved to be rattlers. The PapaLive play was inconsistent on it. Pinside owners and other reviews also state mixed experiences. Some say it's perfect; others say it's shit.
Do you think that this is an assembly issue and will vary by machine (luck of the draw), or do you think that this is a setup issue and can be dialed in on every machine if you take the time? By that I mean with pitch and level, not mechanical adjustment.
Also, is the SNIKT shot hittable on purpose? From a cradle, I don't think there's enough oomph, and on the fly is a narrow window.

Not really sure how to answer this other than it is pinball? Yes if you hit it soft it will not go through, if you bank it through the curve it will not go through, but if you hit it through the curve as designed it seems to go smoothly through with no issues. I would call it a rewarding shot that I would not consider a designed gimme. You have to hit it purposefully and most times it will slide right in. I think part of the fun of pinball is it is not suppose to be predictable. Just because you hit it at a ramp doesn't mean it is a gimme all the time. For me an example would be the ramps on CFTBL, if wagered, I can hit the left ramp for an hour till I get bored. Not much challenge but everyone enjoys different things. Really a great game and my daughter (who hates pinball) and my wife both loved playing. Great call outs, and a really fun game to play. I will say having played a Pro several times over the past weeks and now the LE the right drop ramp to complete the loop to right flipper is really a great add. Omitting the constant ball to shooter lane definitely improves play. All models were very fun though.

#449 5 years ago

LE is fast and furious and FUN. With code polish this will be a hell of a game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Belmont, MI
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

There are 16,265 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/9?hl=heyitsjoebob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.