(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 326.
#4901 4 years ago

So, I finally finished my chrome upgrade on my Deadpool Premium. I’ve never seen a chromed DP before. Plating done by pinballplating.com.

D7C0A5F1-4531-4752-B2FF-D5A229281E03 (resized).jpegD7C0A5F1-4531-4752-B2FF-D5A229281E03 (resized).jpeg159A5DDA-1AEB-41C2-A6EE-D47C8A84DC74 (resized).jpeg159A5DDA-1AEB-41C2-A6EE-D47C8A84DC74 (resized).jpeg1C2DAA80-C31C-4763-8D48-DD974D0D6B87 (resized).jpeg1C2DAA80-C31C-4763-8D48-DD974D0D6B87 (resized).jpeg1DDD310D-D734-4A1F-9A9B-67D493AC6734 (resized).jpeg1DDD310D-D734-4A1F-9A9B-67D493AC6734 (resized).jpeg4782E12D-B0C4-4EA2-A7B3-E34E9038B4E2 (resized).jpeg4782E12D-B0C4-4EA2-A7B3-E34E9038B4E2 (resized).jpeg2F7C9588-52DB-4664-90B0-B942B04D0B67 (resized).jpeg2F7C9588-52DB-4664-90B0-B942B04D0B67 (resized).jpeg13B68D4A-9A9B-49E8-B8A4-EDB07583EFAE (resized).jpeg13B68D4A-9A9B-49E8-B8A4-EDB07583EFAE (resized).jpeg
#4902 4 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Someone mentioned in another thread the new playfield protectors from Germany are so thin that they don’t change how the ball rolls. I don’t know if that’s true or not but would appreciate your thoughts on it.

Sounds like condom marketing, "so thin it's like nothing at all."

No, no it's not. Something's definitely there.

Plus, with the ink and clear adhesion issues on recent Sterns, it might be a one-way change since pulling it up later might take chunks of the playfield art with it.

#4903 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

So, I finally finished my chrome upgrade on my Deadpool Premium. I’ve never seen a chromed DP before. Plating done by pinballplating.com.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The red backbox trim bothers me now. Swap it with the machine next to it? How convenient. I think the chrome looks cool.

#4904 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

The red backbox trim bothers me now. Swap it with the machine next to it? How convenient. I think the chrome looks cool.

Yeah, I thought about that. I wasn’t sure if that was too much chrome. I kinda like some color accent with the red.

#4905 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like condom marketing, "so thin it's like nothing at all."
No, no it's not. Something's definitely there.
Plus, with the ink and clear adhesion issues on recent Stern's, it might be a one-way change since pulling it up later might take chunks of the playfield art with it.

I have one on my BM66 and can tell no difference as far as gameplay. The protector just sits on the playfield, no glue so it will come off without damaging the playfield

#4906 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

So, I finally finished my chrome upgrade on my Deadpool Premium. I’ve never seen a chromed DP before. Plating done by pinballplating.com.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Yeah, I thought about that. I wasn’t sure if that was too much chrome. I kinda like some color accent with the red.

I love it! But I do agree, changeout the red back box trim. Then you can call it the Colossus Edition

#4907 4 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

I have one on my BM66 and can tell no difference as far as gameplay. The protector just sits on the playfield, no glue so it will come off without damaging the playfield

Where did you get your protector from --- SSpruch (the 0.5 mm PETG from Germany) or somewhere else ?
Also, if you have the Germany protector, what needs to be removed from a DP Premium PF before protector is applied?

On the fence with a protector.
Don't like the looks of dimpling & don't think I'll ever have 10,000 plays on my HUO before it evens out as it has been stated before.

#4908 4 years ago

The playfield protector thing is always going to come down to personal preference. I can tell you that I have been using them for quite (even on location) and nobody can tell they are there. I have even mentioned it to pros who say that it plays exactly like other versions of the game they have played.

It is an expensive product, but I think it is worth it. The results are really impressive. The only negative is that I have had a few which need manual adjustments due to slight changes between machines.

#4909 4 years ago

Has anyone ever came across a issue when the volume seems to kinda come and go? It basically sounds like one of the speakers gets louder and then goes lowered doesn’t always do it but i always notice it Is that normal? also now notice on my new stern Jurassic park.

#4910 4 years ago

I noticed on the Pinside page for Deadpool it lists Tim Kitzrow for callouts, but I thought the callouts were - Deadpool: Nolan North, Lil’ Deadpool: Brian Huskey, Dazzler: Jennifer Lafluer. Did Tim do some of the other voices, perhaps the vampires?

#4911 4 years ago
Quoted from nicknack66:

I noticed on the Pinside page for Deadpool it lists Tim Kitzrow for callouts, but I thought the callouts were - Deadpool: Nolan North, Lil’ Deadpool: Brian Huskey, Dazzler: Jennifer Lafluer. Did Tim do some of the other voices, perhaps the vampires?

He's gotta be the vampire. Sounds like the German from Attack From Mars or Dracula from Monster Bash.

#4912 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Has anyone ever came across a issue when the volume seems to kinda come and go? It basically sounds like one of the speakers gets louder and then goes lowered doesn’t always do it but i always notice it Is that normal? also now notice on my new stern Jurassic park.

My machine does it too. Eventually it goes back to normal after a few minutes but it's definitely not unnoticeable.

#4913 4 years ago

My DP PRO has passed $18k on route, oh my.
I may pull it off location to deep clean, overhaul and upgrade some early 2020.

#4914 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

My machine does it too. Eventually it goes back to normal after a few minutes but it's definitely not unnoticeable.

Same for me as well. Don't know why I've never tried to address it.

#4915 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

My DP PRO has passed $18k on route, oh my.
I may pull it off location to deep clean, overhaul and upgrade some early 2020.

That's insane! How long has it been on route?

#4916 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

More pics of that monster Pike!

#4917 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Lol! Most people think it’s a musky it’s so damn big. Good eye!!

#4918 4 years ago

One last DP hinge mag option. $20 for set of two + shipping. PM if interested.

IMG_3215 (resized).jpgIMG_3215 (resized).jpgIMG_3214 (resized).jpgIMG_3214 (resized).jpg
#4919 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I thought the same thing!
Let's see a pic of the whole thing, then back to our regularly scheduled program...

#4920 4 years ago

My best first ball yet on Deadpool... unfortunately couldn't keep my mojo going and just missed my high score by 20 million... finishing with 2.13 Billion!

IMG_7493 (resized).JPGIMG_7493 (resized).JPGIMG_7495 (resized).JPGIMG_7495 (resized).JPG
#4921 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

My best first ball yet on Deadpool... unfortunately couldn't keep my mojo going and just missed my high score by 20 million... finishing with 2.13 Billion![quoted image][quoted image]

Hell yea! This game feels good breaking the billion barrier.

#4922 4 years ago

What is the most current code right now? I'm wondering if I need to update.

#4923 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

What is the most current code right now? I'm wondering if I need to update.

1.03, but 1.02 is all you can download at the moment.

#4924 4 years ago

So tonight I "completed" Mechsuit Multiball TWICE in one game!

As my last "multiball" drained, I shot the one remaining ball into the Hell House scoop and I had Mystery lit...

Mechsuit Multiball ended and showed my total (only 48 million) and then I was awarded my Mystery award which ended up being "Add-A-Ball" and Mechsuit Multiball started back up and I finished with 128 million...

#4925 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

That is a common issue on Spike games. My IMDN and DP does it from time to time.

#4926 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

1.03, but 1.02 is all you can download at the moment.

Much difference?

#4927 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Much difference?

No. I believe the only difference is 1.03 has code for the interlock switch.

#4928 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Much difference?

Just support for the interlock switch Stern WISELY added back in to their machines.

#4929 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

My best first ball yet on Deadpool

How do you get so many weapons?

#4930 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Just support for the interlock switch Stern WISELY added back in to their machines.

Does 1.03 come with an interlock switch? I seem to have misplaced mine.

#4931 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Was thinking the same thing. Maybe has collect weapons on mech suit enabled?

#4932 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Does 1.03 come with an interlock switch? I seem to have misplaced mine.

Pfft. I wish. Stern ain't giving them out now to the people that supported them buying machines that stupidly had them removed. Just new buyers.

#4933 4 years ago

What does interlock do?

#4934 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

What does interlock do?

Cuts high power to coils, etc when it's not engaged (i.e. coin door open). Removing it from spikes after KISS or so as a cost savings was the dumbest thing Stern has tried recently. If you don't have the interlock and need to test the switch in the shooter lane, better watch your fingers because the coil will slam the auto-fire into your fingers. Doesn't happen if there's an interlock.

#4935 4 years ago

Does anyone have mirror blades installed on their Deadpool Pro? If so, can you post some pics in here, or any COOL blades that y'all might have on your DP. Mine is still bare on both sides, but I'm not sure which one would look the nicest. Thanks in advance!

#4936 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

It's a good game if I get to 100... I do generally try to get as many team ups as I can for each battle and in the course of doing that along with the ramps you collect a fair amount of weapons.

I'm still hoping they add things like most weapons to the high score table. The game I showed where I got 133 on my first ball may have ended up being my highest. I have hit around 160 before, but this game I didn't pay attention to how many I ended up with since I was disappointed I didn't get my high score.

One tactic is if I don't have any team ups and I get a choice of Battle or Quest, I'll choose the Quest so I can still build towards more team ups for the next battle.

#4937 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Cuts high power to coils, etc when it's not engaged (i.e. coin door open). Removing it from spikes after KISS or so as a cost savings was the dumbest thing Stern has tried recently. If you don't have the interlock and need to test the switch in the shooter lane, better watch your fingers because the coil will slam the auto-fire into your fingers. Doesn't happen if there's an interlock.

Funny thing is, you can’t even test switches with the coin door open. Since the entire nodeboard shuts down. You have to pull the interlock again to restore power and then it will slam your finger again when testing the shooterlane switch.

#4938 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Funny thing is, you can’t even test switches with the coin door open. Since the entire nodeboard shuts down. You have to pull the interlock again to restore power and then it will slam your finger again when testing the shooterlane switch.

I don't have one of the Spike2 systems with the interlock restored, so I had no idea. Wow, that is some SERIOUSLY STUPID system design if that's the way they have it work now.

But it doesn't have to be that way. I seem to remember KISS had the interlock and I remember testing switches with it while coils were disabled. But maybe that was because it was Spike 1?

#4939 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Serious? That’s ridiculous. I swear, it’s one step forward and 2 steps back with Stern.

#4940 4 years ago

Just got a premium for Christmas. Anyone know how to adjust the right shooter gate? It seems to get stuck in the up position.

Added over 4 years ago:

I figured out the issue - the gate was getting stuck on the wiring. I just had to move the wire a bit.

#4941 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Was thinking the same thing. Maybe has collect weapons on mech suit enabled?

Double checked during gameplay... no weapons during Mechsuit Multiball...

It also helps to get awarded the collect 8 or 10 weapons for the Mystery award, that can help move you along quickly as well!

#4942 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't have one of the Spike2 systems with the interlock restored, so I had no idea. Wow, that is some SERIOUSLY STUPID system design if that's the way they have it work now.
But it doesn't have to be that way. I seem to remember KISS had the interlock and I remember testing switches with it while coils were disabled. But maybe that was because it was Spike 1?

Quoted from cooked71:

Serious? That’s ridiculous. I swear, it’s one step forward and 2 steps back with Stern.

Well I don´t have a Spike 2 game either. But I helped an operator on location, with his new Elvira having trouble adjusting switches. I told him to pull the interlock. It did work after that. So it must be that way.
I can't speak for Kiss. Since my only Spike 1 game, Ghostbusters doesn't have the interlock.
I wonder why they started putting them back in? Since you can't really kill someone with 48V DC. But I don´t know US Laws... They might noticed, these boards are to fragile so these might can be destroyed while changing bulbs. So they are shutting it down during service. But we will never know.

#4943 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I wonder why they started putting them back in?

My hunch is that one reason is for operator alerts if a coin door is opened. It would be part of the internet connectivity features coming to the games. There is no purpose to the interlock otherwise because when it's open, you can't even test switches or lights. This is where Spike2 still has a long way to come because the whole settings/diagnostics design is really dated.

Rob

#4944 4 years ago

Thought I was going to slay it last night. Ball 1 had 5x going, 148mill point kill shot, mech suit qualified.....almost 800mill on ball one. Completely fugged up the next three balls.

#4945 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Thought I was going to slay it last night. Ball 1 had 5x going, 148mill point kill shot, mech suit qualified.....almost 800mill on ball one. Completely fugged up the next three balls.

Isn't that the truth! Probably another reason I am enjoying (and frustrated by!) this game so much is that it is really hard to put together 2, 3 or 4 good balls in a single game!

#4946 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Happens. My best 3 ball game is 1.35 b. 1b on ball 1......

#4947 4 years ago

Added bullet hole decals to the chrome door on Deadpool.

A0FFC3D4-3885-42FB-931C-A3D23C2E0D3D (resized).jpegA0FFC3D4-3885-42FB-931C-A3D23C2E0D3D (resized).jpegF9DB9BBC-C251-44E8-BD5A-2AE14A5D2C9E (resized).jpegF9DB9BBC-C251-44E8-BD5A-2AE14A5D2C9E (resized).jpeg
#4948 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Added bullet hole decals to the chrome door on Deadpool.[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great, but that armor has to be a fingerprint nightmare...

#4949 4 years ago

I am selling my Deadpool. I am selling a few mods. I have the Hooked on pinball silver bumper caps that sell for $80 shipped . They look new and I am selling for $60 shipped. I have the Katana custom handle mod that sells for $70 shipped. I want $50 shipped. $100 for both.

#4950 4 years ago

The chrome on Deadpool looks fucking AMAZING!! And the bullet decals are the perfect compliment to the overall theme.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.95
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Nashville, TN
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/99?hl=sup3rbamf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.