(Topic ID: 222766)

Deadpool owners club. Free chimichangas for all.

By Ericc123

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16,295 posts
  • 1,092 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 45 hours ago by Magicman
  • Topic is favorited by 557 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240422_042849~2 (resized).jpg
20240420_214553 (resized).jpg
20240419_183748 (resized).jpg
20240419_184303 (resized).jpg
IMG_0553 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3588 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3567 (resized).jpeg
3FBE9563-2CD3-4751-BB99-5BF64E20CD5E (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240412_020830396.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_015834443 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012210131 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240412_012216810.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_7383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7392 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7391 (resized).jpeg
dp26 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

43 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 326.
#4801 4 years ago

My premium is suddenly auto launching on game start and at the end of each ball. I didnt chsnge a setting. Anyone else?

#4802 4 years ago

Its also triggering the try for super skill shot each time....

Edit. Its only balls two thru the end of game that are doing this. Not the 1st....

Edit2. Now its all balls. Chrcked connections and they all seem ok

#4803 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Its also triggering the try for super skill shot each time....
Edit. Its only balls two thru the end of game that are doing this. Not the 1st....
Edit2. Now its all balls. Chrcked connections and they all seem ok

Check "tech alerts" under settings->diag. If that's clear, go into switch test and check that a switch isn't stuck or intermittent.

#4804 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check "tech alerts" under settings->diag. If that's clear, go into switch test and check that a switch isn't stuck or intermittent.

Thx. All clear there...

#4805 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Thx. All clear there...

And switch test doesn't show a flipper sticking or the center button sticking when you press them a few times slowly?

#4806 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

And switch test doesn't show a flipper sticking or the center button sticking when you press them a few times slowly?

That would be my first guess that the center button on the lockdown bar is being triggered.

#4807 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

How would “sticking” show up?

#4808 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

How would “sticking” show up?

Nm i get what u mean. And no. No sticking

#4809 4 years ago

Ok i guess middle button was sticky despite diag saying no. I slammed the button like 50 times and now it works. Thx!

#4810 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ok i guess middle button was sticky despite diag saying no. I slammed the button like 50 times and now it works. Thx!

baby-yoda (resized).jpgbaby-yoda (resized).jpg
#4811 4 years ago

That's one way to adjust and clean a switch i guess.

#4812 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

That's one way to adjust and clean a switch i guess.

Whats the better way? Its my first pin. Tho ill be getting my next soon!

#4813 4 years ago

I'm new too and Deadpool was my first pinball. I tend to have a good hard look at it at first.
You can usually see if it's dirty in the contacts or it's not contacting because you need to adjust the leaves etc.

Clean with a business card soaked in alcohol (not beer or wine), then adjust slightly if needed by bending carefully with a small flat screwdriver or a an adjustment tool.

I'm new as i said and i'm sure you'll get much better advice from some more experienced operators.

#4814 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I'm new too and Deadpool was my first pinball. I tend to have a good hard look at it at first.
You can usually see if it's dirty in the contacts or it's not contacting because you need to adjust the leaves etc.
Clean with a business card soaked in alcohol (not beer or wine), then adjust slightly if needed by bending carefully with a small flat screwdriver or a an adjustment tool.
I'm new as i said and i'm sure you'll get much better advice from some more experienced operators.

appreciate the tips

#4815 4 years ago

Was just doing some thinking. If I am in say, mech suit multiball, and I have two balls in the Katana Lock. What would happen if during MSM I were to make the shot for the 3rd ball into the Katana Lock? Would MSM continue on and then when it ends start Ninja Multiball?

#4816 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Was just doing some thinking. If I am in say, mech suit multiball, and I have two balls in the Katana Lock. What would happen if during MSM I were to make the shot for the 3rd ball into the Katana Lock? Would MSM continue on and then when it ends start Ninja Multiball?

No. The third ball up the ramp would just trigger the katana lock to release one of the balls. This keeps the same number of balls in play as before the shot, and the same number of balls in the lock. After MSM is over, it would take another shot up the ramp to start Ninja MB.

#4817 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

appreciate the tips

And its happening again today ugh. Ill dive into it more this weekend. Clean it and take closer look

#4818 4 years ago

Had a good game on my Deadpool on the weekend and noticed the left flipper at the end of a long ball was taking a split second too long to drop. POointed it out and others could see it too. Ended up costing me the ball.
Anyone know off the top of their head what would cause this to save me the trouble of figuring it out?

#4819 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Had a good game on my Deadpool on the weekend and noticed the left flipper at the end of a long ball was taking a split second too long to drop. POointed it out and others could see it too. Ended up costing me the ball.
Anyone know off the top of their head what would cause this to save me the trouble of figuring it out?

Most likely the flipper coil stops. Some have needed to replace on newer Sterns earlier than usual. I just replaced mine on my Deadpool at just over 700 games. I wasn't having any issues, but the stops had become loose. Others have had the stop "button" come all of the way off.

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

Coil Stop (resized).JPGCoil Stop (resized).JPG
#4820 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Easiest think to check is the coil stop. Same thing was happening to mine and I replaced the cold stops and it fixed it. $5 each on Pinball life. Search 515-6308-01 Stern's factory coil stops are pretty bad and wear out quickly. Mine fell apart as I was removing them.

If it's not that, could be an issue with the coil itself. I'm relatively new to machine ownership so I'm not much help there. Could be a Sleeve or just needs to be rebuilt. I'd let others chime in on that.

#4821 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Most likely the flipper coil stops. Some have needed to replace on newer Sterns earlier than usual. I just replaced mine on my Deadpool at just over 700 games. I wasn't having any issues, but the stops had become loose. Others have had the stop "button" come all of the way off.
https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html[quoted image]

You beat me to it by less than a minute! Glad to see I seem to be on the right track!

#4822 4 years ago

Thanks guys i have some new stops here to go in. My distributor warranted them as there was brass shavings in the cabinet from wear.

Cool, i'll put it on the long list of maintenance i have to do.
Thanks

#4823 4 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Coil stop. Endemic issue on Sterns lately, and especially Deadpool. Replace all of them with the ones at pinball life and be done with it.

#4824 4 years ago

i've just heard they've put last code on the DEADPOOL PRO near my house, erasing (my) hi-scores... lol
than i decided to go few houres this afternoon & say hello...

win FINAL BATTLE, but scoring is way lower than what i've done on a LE
that snikt target/PF multiplicators is getting too much importance in how you'll score comparing 2 "similar" games
i feel that's the small weak point of this very nice/fun pinball

#4825 4 years ago

Broke 2 billion today for the first time, have now made it to Mr Sinister 3 times but never beat it.

#4826 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Broke 2 billion today for the first time, have now made it to Mr Sinister 3 times but never beat it.

Congrats! 1.6 billion and change is the best I've done, but I have a lot of billion plus games now. This is easily one of Stern's best, and I give a lot of the credit to Tanio on software.

#4827 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i've just heard they've put last code on the DEADPOOL PRO near my house, erasing (my) hi-scores... lol

that snikt target/PF multiplicators is getting too much importance in how you'll score comparing 2 "similar" games

I honestly don’t think the Snikt multiplier shot is overpowering. It really is a dangerous shot to miss, at least on my machine. Risk/reward baby!

But how’s this sound for an idea. Give out a few more per ball multiplier awards like how lil Deadpool bounce and getting 100 weapons is setup now. For example, 3 ninjapocalypse’s in one ball grants 2x for remainder of ball. And/Or ghosting a certain # of ninjas.

#4828 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

Great games, GC beats my best. I've also got a full splat on a DP Pro at a local barcade.
If they'd only fix those bonus X lights at the top lanes ...

DP Pro 1 (resized).jpgDP Pro 1 (resized).jpgDP Pro 2 (resized).jpgDP Pro 2 (resized).jpg
#4829 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I honestly don’t think the Snikt multiplier shot is overpowering. It really is a dangerous shot to miss, at least on my machine. Risk/reward baby!
But how’s this sound for an idea. Give out a few more per ball multiplier awards like how lil Deadpool bounce and getting 100 weapons is setup now. For example, 3 ninjapocalypse’s in one ball grants 2x for remainder of ball. And/Or ghosting a certain # of ninjas.

I'd like to see a situation where in multiball the time between switch hits runs a multiplier, so you basically have an invisible hurryup that counts down from like 4x to 1x very quickly (seconds or fractions of a second) only in multiball, and invisibly which resets to 4x with each switch hit. This would reward players for keeping the most balls in play hitting switches and not cradling. It should create a large scoring gap between people who cradle and people who play the game to the point that cradling wouldn't be attractive anymore. Once multiball is over, that invisible switch hurryup goes away until the next multiball.

#4830 4 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html[quoted image]

i just ordered some as well as ive noticed copper shavings. any tips on installing?

#4831 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

i just ordered some as well as ive noticed copper shavings. any tips on installing?

It's super-easy. Just take off the back two hex-head screws at the end of the flipper bracket (be careful not to lose the small lock ring on each screw when you remove them). Take off the old coil stop, put the new one on, snug it up and replace the screws.

#4832 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's super-easy. Just take off the back two hex-head screws at the end of the flipper bracket (be careful not to lose the small lock ring on each screw when you remove them). Take off the old coil stop, put the new one on, snug it up and replace the screws.

ty

#4833 4 years ago

If you're going to take off the coil stop, you should at least slide the coil off the plunger and clean the plunger and coil sleeve with some alcohol. Just put some alcohol on a rag and wipe off the plunger. Next, slide the coil sleeve out of the coil, paying attention to which end it slides into. Twist a paper towel up small enough to fit inside the coil sleeve. Put some alcohol on the twisted towel and run it inside the coil sleeve while turning. You will be surprised how much black stuff comes off and your flippers will feel and play much better.

#4834 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

And its happening again today ugh. Ill dive into it more this weekend. Clean it and take closer look

See if your drop targets reset if you have side drops knock them all down in game, also knock down lil dp bank and see if they will pop up to lock the ball. I had these symptoms recently and my drop targets were struggling to reset causing the auto plunge. There's a thread i started on the drop targets with a solution if you find that's your issue.

#4835 4 years ago

If anyone is interested, I made a few sets of these custom Deadpool hinge magnets. Looks great on stock black or custom red powder coated hinges. PM me or check my marketplace add. $20 for set + shipping.

IMG_3177 (resized).jpgIMG_3177 (resized).jpgIMG_3178 (resized).jpgIMG_3178 (resized).jpg
#4836 4 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Twist a paper towel up small enough to fit inside the coil sleeve. Put some alcohol on the twisted towel and run it inside the coil sleeve while turning. You will be surprised how much black stuff comes off and your flippers will feel and play much better.

I do this on all of my machines twice a year. They definitely show more dust/dirt than you would think. I see it as mandatory maintenance lol

#4837 4 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

If anyone is interested, I made a few sets of these custom Deadpool hinge magnets. Looks great on stock black or custom red powder coated hinges. PM me or check my marketplace add. $20 for set + shipping.[quoted image][quoted image]

I see allot of awesomeness in that room. Really dig the Punchout pic!!

#4838 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I see allot of awesomeness in that room. Really dig the Punchout pic!!

I made those out of perler beads. Took a long time.

#4839 4 years ago

Question for everyone who ordered NIB. I’m currently in a trade deal for a NIB Deadpool. The first one was supposedly damaged by the shipping company (I don’t know because I never saw it) and the distributor stated that they would have to order a new one through Stern. That supposedly happened and it was shipped on 11/21. Still no word. I keep hearing “next week” but haven’t seen anything and also do not have tracking. The person I’m trading with stated that the distributor hasn’t provided him with any information other than “it’s coming”. My question: How long did it take to receive your machines from Stern when they shipped and did you receive tracking? The information that I’m receiving doesn’t sound right but I wanted to ask here first before jumping to any conclusions.

#4840 4 years ago

3-5 business days. Something is fishy.

Quoted from maffewl:

How long did it take to receive your machines from Stern

#4841 4 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Question for everyone who ordered NIB. I’m currently in a trade deal for a NIB Deadpool. The first one was supposedly damaged by the shipping company (I don’t know because I never saw it) and the distributor stated that they would have to order a new one through Stern. That supposedly happened and it was shipped on 11/21. Still no word. I keep hearing “next week” but haven’t seen anything and also do not have tracking. The person I’m trading with stated that the distributor hasn’t provided him with any information other than “it’s coming”. My question: How long did it take to receive your machines from Stern when they shipped and did you receive tracking? The information that I’m receiving doesn’t sound right but I wanted to ask here first before jumping to any conclusions.

You do get tracking with the freight company, and shipping is quick unless they don't have stock. Did the distributor tell you directly or are you getting all this second-hand? It doesn't take 3 weeks to ship from Chicago to Alabama.

#4842 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You do get tracking with the freight company, and shipping is quick unless they don't have stock. Did the distributor tell you directly or are you getting all this second-hand? It doesn't take 3 weeks to ship from Chicago to Alabama.

Second-hand. I have not communicated with the distributor at all (don’t even know who it is).

#4843 4 years ago

1. Is this as far as the protector goes?
2. Do these go around the little deadpool drop targets?

20191213_191844 (resized).jpg20191213_191844 (resized).jpg20191213_191940 (resized).jpg20191213_191940 (resized).jpg
#4844 4 years ago

Just bought my LE today was lucky to find one only an hour and a half away from my house, can’t wait to set it up.

78672B8E-E66B-4B67-9CCC-5846C7BDA794 (resized).jpeg78672B8E-E66B-4B67-9CCC-5846C7BDA794 (resized).jpeg
#4845 4 years ago

Just set it up can’t believe the right flipper gets stuck in the up position, spring is attached but not enough strength to bring the flipper down, seems to be some friction in the coil, anyone have any suggestions?

#4846 4 years ago
BE276819-21A2-4858-A782-197012941840 (resized).jpegBE276819-21A2-4858-A782-197012941840 (resized).jpeg
#4847 4 years ago

No. You have to loosen the nut underneath playfiled that holds the first part of the ball guide on. Slide the cliffy all the way under until the opening hugs the post, then retighten.

Quoted from gliebig:

1. Is this as far as the protector goes?
2. Do these go around the little deadpool drop targets?[quoted image][quoted image]

#4848 4 years ago
Quoted from Nyraiderfan:

[quoted image]

Check the movement of the flipper with your hand. Does it move freely?

If so, next check the coil stop for that flipper. It would suck if yours was blown out from the factory, but Stern's coil stops REALLY suck now, so it's not impossible.

#4849 4 years ago
Quoted from Nyraiderfan:

Just set it up can’t believe the right flipper gets stuck in the up position, spring is attached but not enough strength to bring the flipper down, seems to be some friction in the coil, anyone have any suggestions?

Check that you have some play up-down in the flipper bat. Some times these comes to tight against the playfield.

#4850 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Check the movement of the flipper with your hand. Does it move freely?
If so, next check the coil stop for that flipper. It would suck if yours was blown out from the factory, but Stern's coil stops REALLY suck now, so it's not impossible.

Quoted from Bundy:

Check that you have some play up-down in the flipper bat. Some times these comes to tight against the playfield.

Thanks guys will do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

9,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
DEAD POOL (PRO) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 64.99
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ormond Beach, FL
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grovetown, GA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

There are 16,295 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 326.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/deadpool-owners-club-free-chimichangas-for-all/page/97 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.